The Photography Process And Blogging

Good afternoon!

I made a game time decision last night not to workout. I just was not feeling it and I felt pretty worn out from my work day. Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between feeling lazy and feeling burned out or tired so I decided to do the ‘10 minute rule’. For the 10 minute rule I say that all I have to do is 10 minutes, if I want to stop I can.

I decided to do some Booty Camp while I watched 24. My body felt so weak and I immediately knew that I was not going to have a good workout and I needed rest. I did about 8 minutes of abs and called it quits! That was that. ;)

And because listening to the body is always a good thing,  I had a killer workout this morning.

I don’t know why I hum and haw over skipping a workout because the next day I always end up having such a great workout and I totally forget about it. I felt rested and full of energy this morning when I got up.

Before my workout I had a delicious juice:

IMG_2017   IMG_2027

1 beet, handful spinach, lemon, lime, 2 carrots, 1/2 cuke. For lunch, I used the leftover pulp in my Amy’s split pea soup and it wasn’t the best decision I have ever made. Much too lemony! Oh well.

The Workout:

Today I decided to do another strength session before my run. I really enjoyed doing this last week and I think it makes for a more challenging run.

Strength: Booty Camp Fitness DVD- Intermediate level (43 mins) Total body workout.

Run: An easy 3 mile outdoor run. I stopped to smell the roses snow melting. It was not very warm out yet since it was just 7am, but it still was nice to be out and I was warm after 10 minutes. Duration of run = 29 mins.

I came home and stretched. My body was begging for FOOD, food, food!

IMG_2093

Energize Me Creamy Fruit Dip

This was inspired by Gena’s Banana Soft Serve.

Ingredients:

• 2 frozen bananas (if serving immediately, if not, use room temp)
  • 3-4 tablespoons of milk (I used almond milk)
  • 1 heaping tablespoon nut butter (I used cashew butter)
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds

Directions: Throw ingredients into a food processor (or blender?) and process until smooth. I had to stop several times and stir. Makes about 3/4 of a cup.

Notes: I put leftover dip in the fridge and checked it a few hours later. The dip got really thick thanks to the chia seeds and it was very pudding like and thick. I almost liked it better after a few hours in the fridge! Also note that the dip changed colour a bit in the fridge (slightly brownish grey). I assume this is from the bananas and chia seeds. You might be able to add a tiny bit of lemon juice to prevent this from occurring. Let me know if you try it!

Wherever I end up when I die, I hope this is served 3 times a day. :mrgreen:

IMG_2039

The cashew butter made it down right decadent, but still very light.

IMG_2036

I had my dip with an apple. It was out of this world!

IMG_2092

This would be a fabulous dip to make for a party too!! It took just 3 minutes to make.

IMG_2067

Next time I am going to experiment by making it with cocoa and/or carob powder for a chocolate fruit dip. Mmmmmm.

IMG_2068

It was such a great post-workout snack! The chia seeds add antioxidants, protein, fibre, healthy fats, etc. and the cashew butter made it luxurious without being over-powering.

The Photography Process and Blogging:

Last week, I was asked how many photos I usually take for each post. I had to giggle because I take A LOT. For example, in today’s post I took about 40-45 photos (juice + dip shots) but only 5-6 shots made the cut!

I currently use Eric’s Canon 30D SLR in addition to a 50 mm lens and an external flash. I also use my Canon Powershot 800IS point and shoot when I go to restaurants or places I don’t want to lug the SLR.

Here are some of the thumbnails from today’s shots (you can click to enlarge):

Untitled

I take the shots from different angles and using different settings. I play around with the external flash too. I LOVE photography. It is my favourite thing about composing each post! Eric and I are going to take an introductory photography class sometime this year.

As for editing my shots, I generally don’t do much, but sometimes I like to crop them to bring something into focus. For example, that last picture of the dip was cropped.

Here is the original vs. the cropped version:

IMG_2068  IMG_2068

Also, if the photo is too dark, I will adjust the exposure in Photoshop to brighten it up.

Here is the original vs. the one that I adjusted the exposure:

IMG_2093 IMG_2093

And that is as far as my editing skills go!

For all of you photography buffs or bloggers out there- tell me what your photography process is like. How many pictures do you take and what is your editing process like?

Updates:

• The huge blog directory I am working on will be available in April. I hope to finish it while on the plane…it looks like I will have over 300 blogs on it!
  • Thank you for your FL shopping suggestions the other day. :)
  • If you contacted me about a FL meet-up, I will be sending an email out to you in the next few days.

GIDDY UP!

Angela_Signature

“Unless you’re willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won’t happen.” ~Phillip Adams

1 caitlin March 9, 2010

i try really hard not to take too many photographs – i do it the exact opposite of your technique! i look at my food and decide what angles will work the best, and then I photograph once and preview it on my camera to ensure the lighting and settings work. if it’s good, i usually photograph a whole meal in under 5 shots.

2 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 9, 2010

This is how it should be done! My wedding photographer told us to take LESS pictures because it saves time in the end. I just haven’t learned my camera yet though. I hope to be able to do this once I learn more about the settings.

3 Jessica @ How Sweet March 9, 2010

I’m not really into photography, but wish I wish. I don’t have a DSLR, at least not yet. I still take maybe 20-25 photos for each meal, and only usualy 4-6.

That fruit dip looks and sounds delicious! I can’t wait to try that!

4 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 9, 2010

Hahaha I was thinking about posting about my crazy photography process but I thought it would scare people. I take so so so so many photos of food from various angles and even in different parts of my house. It’s such a long process but only because I love it and I want my food to look pretty.

When people witness just a smidge of how long I take, it scares/annoys them.

I’m gonna use my birthday money to finally get me an SLR.

5 Natasha March 9, 2010

So nice to know I’m not the only person who takes loads of photos only to add a few. I don’t have the luxury of an SLR so most of the time I just use my sony point and shoot, and play around with minor effects. Also for my clothing shots I often have to be my own photographer, so the old webcam gets a workout, and these normally need more editing ;-)

6 Elle @ Acquired Tastes March 9, 2010

I need to implement the 10 minute rule more in my life :)

I take tons of pictures too if I have the time. I’m just learning to use my DSLR – its hard to get a good picture sometimes! I do know how to use Photoshop pretty well, so if I really have a lot of time I can airbrush pics and everything – I don’t do that for pics on my blog though – too time consuming!

I’m so excited to see the huge blog directory!

7 Chloe March 9, 2010

every since you first showed that banana soft serve I’ve been dying to try it- love the twist you put on it. I always think your body knows when it comes to working out- you know the right choices for you :)

8 Mara @ What's For Dinner? March 9, 2010

Oh i take SO many pictures for each post, and sometimes only ONE makes it! I usually use 5-6 different settings, different angles, and different rotations of the plate. Then, i sit and play around with Adobe Lightroom (email me if you want more info, its a GODSEND) until the pic looks the way i want it to. I tend to like a bit of a warmer feel with hot dishes, and a cooler feel with cold… My DSLR has made the photography process an actual process instead of a click and drag thing…

9 Danielle (Coffee Run) March 9, 2010

The fruit dip sounds awesome! I love the specs of chia seeds :)

Wow, I had no idea you took so many pics lol. I usually take 2 or 3 pics of something and adjust the exposure but that’s it. Ok, and I like to play with the Saturation feature :)

10 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 9, 2010

I take maybe 3 pictures of each thing.

11 Heather (Where's the Beach) March 9, 2010

MMMM that dip looks good. I almost always find that if I just get started, I’ll end up finishing out the workout. I like the 10 minute rule b/c it sounds so doable!

12 Christie @ Honoring Health March 9, 2010

That fruit dip looks awesome!

I probably take about 30 or so and then I do adjust the colors sometimes or the exposure but I don’t shoot with a flash. I love my dslr :D

13 Paige @ Running Around Normal March 9, 2010

I don’t take too many shots, really. Probably 2-4 per meal is enough for me. I also use a 30D SLR. I really need to learn more on how to fully utilize it though. I just don’t have time! Your picutres always turn out beautifully.

14 Carolyn March 9, 2010

Oh, man! I need a new camera so bad. My lens is jammed! I guess I should just spend the $150 to get it fixed b/c I won’t find a decent camera for less than that.

15 Sonja {Active Foodie} March 9, 2010

I love the photography too! Unfortunately I am still using a point and shoot, hoping to upgrade soon! I take 20-40 shots for each post, trying different angles and settings, sometimes I love the first shot, sometimes te last, never know!

16 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad March 9, 2010

Uhhh…I take 1-4 pictures. I just don’t have time for much else. Plus, they all look the same to me. I’m not really into photography. Photoshop is too complicated for me. I downloaded Picasa, which is free. It’s so easy to edit my photos in there!

17 kathleen March 9, 2010

Since I am new to blogging, I don’t take more than a couple of each item and kind of do the as is theme. I am sure as it progresses so will I.

18 Sophie @ yumventures March 9, 2010

A bunch of Boston bloggers recently met with a food photographer to show us some neat tricks! I have a little white light box set up, because food looks better in white light! I also auto adjust my white balance =)

19 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 9, 2010

How do you adjust the white balance? I knwo I should be doing this… :)

Ive always wanted to build a light box!

20 kara March 9, 2010

I really need to hop on the chia seed band wagon. Everyone is using them and they look so good! It looks like a really thick dip, which is exactly what I like.

21 Kayzilla March 9, 2010

I’m an amateur photographer. Everytime I bust out my camera for a small span of time, I get atleast 100 pictures. I came home once with over 500 once. Out of every 100, guess how many I actually share with other people?

5-10. If everything turned out okay.

I like the after effect but the cropping, the testing to see if I can make a picture look better, the debating between two angles of the SAME thing.. It gets very, very tiring. I do miss it, though. I might have to bust out my camera again sometime.

22 Michelle March 9, 2010

I am a new reader of your blog and I have to say it’s one of the best!!! I had to get caught up over the weekend as I was in Little Rock, Arkansas doing the half marathon there. I saw the pic over the weekend of your with your dreadmill and wondered what kind you run on and how you like it. I am in the market for a new one pretty soon and am always looking for other opinions/reviews. Thanks and keep up the good work!!

23 Katrina March 9, 2010

I take about 10-20 per subject which can lead to 50+ per post if it’s a long-winded one ;-)

I usually upload using ‘shop elements 7 and go from there. If I’m uploading directly to my flickr, I’ll use their online editing-picnik–and I ADORE that editing site. I use a Canon Rebel Xsi and for food pics, my 50 f1/4 is always on. I mostly crop and adjust white balance since I do not have great light in my kitchen. Occasionally I will use my external flash and bounce, but I love using the super-fast lens to save time.

24 Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) March 9, 2010

Love the looks of that dip!

I love photography, I have never taken a course aside from a basic one in high school but would love to learn! I take at least 5 pictures per picture I want to use for my blog… I want the best shot possible!

xo
K

25 Jen Sanders March 9, 2010

Your pictures are always so beautiful! I can tell you put a lot of time into it. I usually take 2-3 shots of each thing and then pick the best one. I’m still learning to photo shop images!

I also wanted to say how grateful I am to see that you also struggled with working-out yesterday. I had the same dilemma and have been beating myself up over it. I read your blog almost every day, and I am so inspired by your healthy lifestyle. It’s refreshing to see that even someone as health conscious as you also has a difficult time staying 100% on top of things all the time! Thanks for being such an inspiration!

26 Lizzie March 9, 2010

One of my friends is a freelance photog and she said that it’s one in every 50 photos that’s the perfect (or near perfect) shot. It makes me feel better about the ones I mess up! But that’s the advantage of digital, right? :) I don’t blog (yet), so don’t take a lot of food pics. I love photographing people and some scenics. My friend also reminded me that some of the best photos in the world have been taken with a point and shoot and so, while there’s definitely a technical aspect to it all, a lot of it comes down to composition, patience, and an eye for a unique photo.

I am drooling over your latest recipe. This will make up for my 18 years of hating bananas! :) My husband is still loving the chocolate pudding from 2 weeks ago. I’m so excited to have something that tastes decadent, but that’s made with natural ingredients and has health benefits! You should either be doing a cooking show or writing a book . .. seriously!

27 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty March 9, 2010

As always this looks fantastic! :)

A must try!! :)

I take about 20+ pictures per post… and then do the same as you (cropped and brighten)

I would also like to take some better pictures, I have a friend that is a photographer, I keep meaning to pester her to come over and give me a lesson!! :)

28 Katie March 9, 2010

I usually take about 10-15 photos, and post the best 2 or 3. I get impatient! Unless it is something like cookies, in which case I take more time to compose. But when I am hungry and the steam is coming off the food, I click fast!

29 Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 9, 2010

I don’t take that many photos, but I do edit them on iphoto before I post. Unless I post at work, then its just the crappy shots straight from the camera ;-)

30 Heather (Heather's Dish) March 9, 2010

it’s definitely hard to get just the right shot a lot of times. i use either a Nikon D200 or D300 with a 50mm lens most of the time, and i love the way the pictures turn out. I’m still working on my editing skills, but lightroom and photoshop are saviors when it comes to adjusting that not-quite-perfect shot! i would say i usually only take around 10-15 pictures per dish, and usually one of those turns out well enough to use!

31 Katie @ Health for the Whole Self March 9, 2010

I’m the same way as you with skipping a workout, or cutting one short…I tend to feel guilty about it, even though I know it’s what’s best for my body! I actually recently blogged about this topic, if you want to check it out!

32 Jil March 9, 2010

I take a ton of photos as well! Gotta get the money shot. haha

33 Estela @ Weekly Bite March 9, 2010

I take close to 30 pics of each item. I LOVE editing the pics! It really makes a not so good picture look great!

34 Christel March 9, 2010

YUMMO! That dip looks delicious.

35 Mellissa March 9, 2010

I take between 10-15 and while I love photography I feel like I don’t know much about it and really want to learn more.

36 Heather @ Side of Sneakers March 9, 2010

Thanks for sharing your photography process- I love hearing about “behind the scenes” stuff. I love photography too- blogging has definitely gotten me more interested in it as well! I’m saving up for super cool camera so I can play even more (I have a cheapo point & shoot haha). I take a TON every time because I love it so much, and I’m always sad I can’t post them all ;)

37 Jacquie March 9, 2010

I do the same thing! Maybe not 75 for 5 pictures but I’ll definitely take up to 5 pictures per what I’m trying to shoot to play with lighting, backgrounds and angles. Unfortunately I can’t always do it, but it’s so fun! I liked the one of the fruit/veggies and your drink. Lots of fun colors.

38 Maya March 9, 2010

That dip looks AWESOME! As you used frozen bananas, does the dip keep well? Or would it lose its consistency (like a banana soft serve?)

39 Miriam March 9, 2010

I agree that it would loose it consistency over time at a room temperature… I guess you must keep it in the freezer until it is time to serve!

40 Ashley March 9, 2010

I usually have around 50-100 photos per day to go through. I need to work on using the camera on its manual setting so I start to learn more. I have a canon rebel XTi and usually use the 50mm fixed f1.8 or a f2.8 28-75mm. I shoot as much as possible in daylight but for dinner obviously it’s a no-go. Can’t wait til I can get a flash! I shoot in RAW, usually on the Av setting and then import all the photos into lightroom. I make a few adjustments like temperature, exposure, fill light, sharpness, saturation, etc. I definitely use crop a lot! My daytime photos need much less work than the nighttime shots. And there you go ;)

41 Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' March 9, 2010

Oh good! I’m glad I’m not the only one who takes a TON of pictures!! I figure it’s good practice. :)

Your new dip looks delish! I love cashew butter– it makes everything creamier and more decadent! YUM.

42 Miriam March 9, 2010

Yesterday I made myself a soft serve using : 1 frozen banana, 2-3 spoon of soy milk and a full tablespoon of raw organic cacao… AWESOME!! Tasted like chocolate ice cream only better since I know how better it is for me :) Next time I will try adding some almond essence. I am sure it would be divine. :)

43 Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker March 9, 2010

I actually made a new year’s resolution to take fewer pictures for my posts. I used to take maybe 25 or so. But now I limit myself to 10. I just make sure that conditions are ideal — good lighting, and then spend most of my time really composing the shot so I won’t have to spend more time wading through all the images later.

It’s worked REALLY well for me. So has learning more about aperture, shutter speeds, and ISO. I’m shooting on all manual now, and I feel like a rock star. But — truth be told — I do sometimes enhance my shots (mostly just contrast) in Photoshop :)

44 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg March 9, 2010

Ay yay yay! That is a lot of pictures! I’ve started cutting down more and more, now that I know what kind of shot I’m after for the most part :-)

45 Gina March 9, 2010

I usually only snap about 5-6 photos once the dish is complete because I want to eat my creation!!!!

46 Fae March 9, 2010

I don’t blog but love photography. Mostly travel. I currently use the Canon A720 and the S5IS.

When I travel I take TONS AND TONS of photos!!!! Usually 6 or 7 (at least) of each shot. I rather take more and ensure I get the best photo I can get. Especially given the fact that it will be my only shot to get that photo.

As soon as I get a DSLR I am going to take an intro course as well. Maybe then I wont need to take as many shots!! :)

I only adjust colour and crop with editing software. Eventually maybe I will even take a digital darkroom course.

47 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman March 9, 2010

I’m so glad to hear you’re not perfect and skip exercise once in a while. Makes me feel better about myself. Also–holy yum with that dip!!

48 caronae March 9, 2010

LOVE the 10 minute rule. So useful! what I also love is your creamy chia banana dip. Oh my goodness. This is for sure going on my list of things to make when I get home and have blender access again :)

Happy Tuesday!

49 John March 9, 2010

I like photography but would never take that many of food. But to each their own and if you’re still learning your camera it makes sense.

I find my workout right after a rest day or right before the rest day are quite often my best.

50 Cole March 9, 2010

That dip looks amazing!

51 sarah (the SHU box) March 9, 2010

ahhhh got my glo bar package today! so exciting :)

and your pix are inspiring.

a quick note — i’d love to be in your directory but i wanted to make sure you had my site’s newer name (you have me as ghost world on your blogroll but i changed to the shubox in jan 2010). what a GREAT idea to do something like that!

52 Paije March 9, 2010

GAAHH!! I juuuuust made this dip and it is SOOOOO GOOODD!!I just want to eat it out of my food processor with a spoon :) How do you do it Angela?? You just totally MADE MY NIGHT. I will be posting the link on my blog tonight or tomorrow!!

Because I am so new to blogging and photography, I take a lot of pics but only because I don’t really know how to use the settings on my camera!

Thanks again SO MUCH!!!

53 Brittany March 9, 2010

I go with one or two shots of each food item and then hope one of them is good enough. I’m still learning how to use my new camera though.

Your photos are always amazing- love them!!

PS – How does one get on said Blog Directory??

54 Jolene March 9, 2010

I take about 6 of each plate/ bowl of food, sometimes a few more. I try the angle that works best, and then just shoot. I do no editing.

55 Meg's Gut March 9, 2010

I felt the same as you yesterday with the whole listening to the body deal. I was so exhausted yesterday, I just couldn’t push my self to workout. I just did a bit of rolling around on my yoga mat and went for a little stroll around the neighbourhood (as the weather was gorgeous!).
Today though, I had an amazing workout! It’s funny how your body just knows eh?

56 Leah March 9, 2010

I try not to take too many pictures, mainly because Im not a talented photographer and I know full well theyre not going to come out as nicely as I’d hoped! It also depends how hungry I am. Sometimes I’ll go with my first picture just because I cant go another second without putting something in my belly!!

I LOVE the bowl you used for your dip btw.

57 Katrina M. March 9, 2010

Hi Angela! So I have been following your blog for a while, but have yet to comment. After reading this post, I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you so much for being a realistic healthy inspiration. I am recovered from my past ed and everything else, but still find times when I am forcing myself to workout even when I am just so tired. Yesterday I decided to try for ten minutes and then I quit when I just wasn’t feeling it. It was so great to see that it was not be just being lazy but giving my body the rest it needed. I admire your healthy outlook, and applaud you for sharing it openly and honestly. Thank you. <3

Hope you have a wonderful day!
-Katrina M.<3

58 Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ March 9, 2010

You are always so creative and quit the chef.

59 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 9, 2010

That fruit dip sounds amazing!! I’ve been dipping fruit into a combo of yogurt and chia seeds but yours sounds even better!!! I may play around with that :)
I have seriously fallen in love with photography. I’m not that good at it but i looove it, I would really like to take some classes!

60 Matt March 9, 2010

That dip recipe looks really good. What are chia seeds and where can I buy them?

61 kalli@fitandfortysomething March 9, 2010

no wonder your pics are gorgeous? i only take a few of each thing and hope for the best

62 Jenn @ Livewellfit March 9, 2010

Oh my gosh that dip is downright fabulous!!!!

Photography is such a great field. I love learning about all of the ways you can play with your images. I have a tremendous amount to learn and am not taking the best of photos but I am improving (pic by pic!)

63 Catherine March 9, 2010

What do Chia seeds taste like? I keep seeing them in the store and on blogs and my interest is definitely piqued.

64 Susan March 9, 2010

Love this!! I usually take close to 10 pictures for each dish, at varying angles and focusing on different elements. Natural light is usually what makes or breaks my pictures, but I find playing around with the aperture on my SLR has made a big difference too. I did a lot of photojournalism in university, but it was all taking pictures of people and events. Food is a much better subject! ;)

65 Lisa (bakebikeblog) March 9, 2010

the colour of that juice is GORGEOUS!!! And that dip sounds great!

66 Gracie @ Girl Meets Health March 9, 2010

I generally only take 5-10 pictures. But I have a lame little digital camera. If I had a nice camera like you, I’d probably take a ton more and have fun with different angles/lighting etc.

67 Midgetkeeper March 9, 2010

I used to take tons of pictures of my food, but now just one or two will do. I uploads hundreds of my kids every day, and then edit those. So I try to keep it pretty simple when it comes to the blog pics.

68 Sammi March 9, 2010

I’m a photographer (student..in 2 months!!) and I take a lot of photos to get one good shot! It depends on the shoot though. Sometimes I take 400.. other times 50..so graduating metimes 5. It depends on the subject and how complicated the set is.

If you ever have any questions feel free to ask!

I use Adobe Bridge to edit down my photos.. they have a rating system that’s easy to use. Everyone has a different workflow though!

69 Sammi March 9, 2010

Supposed to say graduating in 2 months!**

70 mountain girl March 9, 2010

Hey Angela! The fruit dip looks incredible! I think I’ll give it a shot with some homemade raw almond yogurt I just made.
I laughed when I read how many shots you take in prep for a blog post! I just noticed last week that I shot 90 pictures for a post and that ended up having only 3 photos in it!
My editing process is fairly simply. Beside cropping and resizing, I use Levels for contrast and sometimes Hue/Saturation if I want a more unrealistic color touch. Little by little I want to develop more Photoshop skills. I’m really timid at trying new things, tho’, so it may take some time!

71 Beth @fatbustermack March 9, 2010

I do the same, I take so many pictures of my meals without even noticing! It really makes post processing take awhile but Lightroom is pretty intuitive, and it’s worth it!

72 Janet (Pantry Bites) March 9, 2010

I’m a perfectionist so I’m really just going for that one perfect shot. Editing is kept to a minimal as I like to work with what I have. Styling is key but I always visualize what I want to see before I set up or snap the photos.

73 bitt March 9, 2010

i am getting more into photography through blogging. getting a better camera was a step in the right direction. i love my small one but i think one with a faster shutter speed and more zoom could be in my future.

thanks for the inside scoop. i find i do a few different angles as well and adjust and crop as needed. i do it all in iphoto, but investing in photoshop could happen at some point too.

74 Ariana March 10, 2010

I take about 20 pictures – if I made something cold (dessert, salad) I take more but if I want to eat the meal I only take as many pictures as absolutely necessary.

It’s always possible to crop them a little bit and edit them in PS :-)

75 Morgan @ Life After Bagels March 10, 2010

My bf keeps talking about taking a photography course, he’s REALLY into photography

76 Salah@myhealthiestlifestyl March 10, 2010

I don’t really do much with my photos except for rotate them :-) haha….What you see is really what I’m getting

77 Sarah @ Daily Nibbles March 10, 2010

It is fun to take photos! I should take more, like yourself, but to save time I only take a few of each meal. I do take a lot of pictures when I post a recipe for an in the kitchen category though. I have an external flash that I should play around with more, but I don’t have the time!

78 Ali @ Food, Fitness, Fashion March 10, 2010

I always take about 20 additional photos than readers actually see!

79 La March 10, 2010

WOoooow this dip looks amazing!!

80 Mo March 10, 2010

Given how great your pictures are, I am surprised that you are taking a beginners class! The one with the spoon today is really great. Then again, I always say that your spoon shots are beautiful!

I have to try this dip, it sounds yummy! I have a question though, do you think that there is there any other fruit that could be substituted for bananas? I love them and put them in everything, but my husband does not like them in recipes; he only eats them whole. I could get him to eat more fruit if I provided a dip…. if you have suggestions, I would love to hear them. Thanks!

81 Julie March 10, 2010

Mmmm, how good that dip/soft serve looks! A must try…

I just wanted to let you know about Color Me Katie (http://colormekatie.blogspot.com/) – a wonderful, positive and fantastic blog on which Katie challenges conventions and brings so much joy into life. Check it out! And check out how I did my very own Katie-inspired door and entryway http://stressstories.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-need-to-have-more-fun.html

Have a wonderful and glowing day :-)

82 Jess - The Domestic Vegan March 10, 2010

Wow, that DIP!!! That looks totally & utterly amazing. I am definitely making this!

I love Gena’s soft serve, and this kicks it to the next level!

83 amanda@thegrainsofparadise March 10, 2010

Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing:-) That dip is gorgeous!

84 Nicole, RD March 10, 2010

I’m excited for the directory!

That’s a lot of pictures, but they are all beautiful :) I probably take 6-7 and 2-4 make the cut!

P.S. I had the same problem with my workout last night. I generally do the 10-minute rule, but I didn’t even have that in me. Looking forward to a nice run tonight! :)

85 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] March 10, 2010

I was sooo excited that you wrote a post about PHOTOS! I think good photos are 1 of the keys to a great blog, and poor photos are a total turn off [for me, at least]. Your photos are always excellent and it’s nice to know I’m not the only crazy one out there who takes 24 shots of a silly apple : ) Persistence and trial & error pays off. The first two veggie pics are my favorite =]

86 Audrey March 10, 2010

That fruit dip sounds awesome. Banana softserve is truly da bomb.

I love this info on photography. Your pictures are always so vivid and bright. I really like your style. I had no idea you took so many pictures for each post! I would love to take a photography class someday and learn more about it, as it something that I really enjoy (even though my pics are completely sub par).

87 Kristilyn (My 29th Year) March 10, 2010

That dip looks really good!

I take a lot of pictures when I’m trying to get something good. For a while last year I was part of a 365 group where I had to do a picture of myself every single day for a year. I would take a TON of pictures, filter out the good ones and then play in Photoshop with them. It would be great to take a photography class someday just so I can learn how my camera works!

K

88 Penny March 10, 2010

The hard part about the taking so many pics is having to wait before you can enjoy the food! We also take a lot of pictures for our posts and edit them in PhotoShop. What would we do without PhotoShop! Your pics look great – you have a talent! Keep up the good work! :-)

89 Gena March 11, 2010

This dip is such a great idea! Way to expand the recipe template :)

90 Gina March 17, 2010

Holey Moley…I tried this recipe yesterday!!! I used the same ingredients and it processed just fine in my blender. The taste and texture was so incredible that I ditched the apple slices and just ate it with a spoon…until there was no more:) I will definitely be making this again…super easy and soooooo yummy! I think it would be good topped with a little melted Dark Chocolate Dreams!

91 Marianne April 6, 2010

I always take extra pictures, but not that many. Generally I don’t have time to spend taking pictures, because I need to eat my meal in order to get the heck outta the house on time. If it’s a baking project or something though, I’ll take a whack of photos.

I’m all about using my photo editing software, mostly to resize the image for the internet, adjust colour balances, and even sharpen photos that maybe weren’t quite right. I’ve also played around with other settings before, but don’t use them that often.