Doesn’t everyone buy 250 pounds of Bob’s Red Mill Oats at a time???? :mrgreen:
I’m really excited to announce that since last week all Glo Bars will use Bob’s Red Mill oats! I tested a bunch of different brands and Bob’s oats were by far the BEST out of all of them. I’m really excited to be using them in my bakery now. And they are organic of course!
I was up and at ‘em at 5:30am this morning. I decided to nail out a great workout to start off the day. Before I hit the treadmill, I had 1/2 of a Glo Bar for some fuel and some Japanese Sencha for some buzz.
I had a challenging 5 mile tempo run:
- Mile 1: 6mph, incline 2%
- Mile 2: 6.1 mph, incline 2%
- Mile 3: 6.2 mph, incline 3%
- Mile 4: 6.3 mph, incline 3%
- Mile 5: 6 mph, incline 2%
I stop and take a quick 30-60 second water break after each mile. I find this is a good way to break up the run on a treadmill. Instead of saying ‘I’m running 5 miles on the treadmill.’ I say ‘I have 1 mile to run on the treadmill.’ It works, try it!
After the run I did 13 poses for runners to stretch out my tight muscles.
Breakfast this morning was fun…
Apple Pie Oatmeal Parfait
- 1/2 cup regular oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 T chia seeds (optional- reduce liquid if you don’t use them)
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- Banana (optional- I didn’t use one)
- Apple, peeled
- Sucanat or brown sugar
- Pure maple syrup
Directions: Take all of the above ingredients (except apple + sugar/syrup) and mix together in a pot. Simmer on medium-low, stirring frequently. While the oats are cooking, peel 1 apple. Slice half of the apple into about 5 thin circles. Take rest of apple and chop into chunks and throw into pot. Lay apple circles flat on a plate and pour a couple tablespoons of milk over top. Sprinkle with Sucanat (or brown sugar) and cinnamon and microwave for about 90 seconds until soft.
LAYER 1: Take cooked oat mixture and add the first layer in a dish or wine glass.
LAYER 2: Sprinkle Sucanat or brown sugar for the next layer (syrup would also work)
LAYER 3: Take 1-2 slices of cooked apple and place in glass/dish.
Repeat layers until dish is full.
Adapted from my Creamy PB & J Oatmeal Parfait.
With some cashew butter and maple syrup on top!
I tested out my new pillow last night and it was perfect.
A few sleep facts about me:
- I sleep on my back, always. I can’t sleep on my side or stomach.
- I like lots of height in my pillows (probably because I sleep on my back and need neck support) and I often sleep with 2-3 pillows
- I use Hypoallergenic, synthetic pillows
- I usually wake up once during the night (that I remember!)
- I get about 7 hours of sleep per night
What about you?