How Do You Sleep?

Good mornin’!

IMG_1098

Doesn’t everyone buy 250 pounds of Bob’s Red Mill Oats at a time???? :mrgreen:

I’m really excited to announce that since last week all Glo Bars will use Bob’s Red Mill oats! I tested a bunch of different brands and Bob’s oats were by far the BEST out of all of them. I’m really excited to be using them in my bakery now. And they are organic of course!

I was up and at ‘em at 5:30am this morning. I decided to nail out a great workout to start off the day. Before I hit the treadmill, I had 1/2 of a Glo Bar for some fuel and some Japanese Sencha for some buzz.

I had a challenging 5 mile tempo run:

• Mile 1: 6mph, incline 2%
  • Mile 2: 6.1 mph, incline 2%
  • Mile 3: 6.2 mph, incline 3%
  • Mile 4: 6.3 mph, incline 3%
  • Mile 5: 6 mph, incline 2%

I stop and take a quick 30-60 second water break after each mile. I find this is a good way to break up the run on a treadmill. Instead of saying ‘I’m running 5 miles on the treadmill.’ I say ‘I have 1 mile to run on the treadmill.’ It works, try it!

After the run I did 13 poses for runners to stretch out my tight muscles.

Breakfast this morning was fun…

Apple Pie Oatmeal Parfait

IMG_1109

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup regular oats
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
  • 1 T chia seeds (optional- reduce liquid if you don’t use them)
  • 1 t pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 t cinnamon
  • Banana (optional- I didn’t use one)
  • Apple, peeled
  • Sucanat or brown sugar
  • Pure maple syrup

Directions: Take all of the above ingredients (except apple + sugar/syrup) and mix together in a pot. Simmer on medium-low, stirring frequently. While the oats are cooking, peel 1 apple. Slice half of the apple into about 5 thin circles. Take rest of apple and chop into chunks and throw into pot. Lay apple circles flat on a plate and pour a couple tablespoons of milk over top. Sprinkle with Sucanat (or brown sugar) and cinnamon and microwave for about 90 seconds until soft.

LAYER 1: Take cooked oat mixture and add the first layer in a dish or wine glass.

LAYER 2: Sprinkle Sucanat or brown sugar for the next layer (syrup would also work)

LAYER 3: Take 1-2 slices of cooked apple and place in glass/dish.

Repeat layers until dish is full.

Adapted from my Creamy PB & J Oatmeal Parfait.

IMG_1107

With some cashew butter and maple syrup on top!

IMG_1116

I tested out my new pillow last night and it was perfect.

A few sleep facts about me:

1. I sleep on my back, always. I can’t sleep on my side or stomach.
  2. I like lots of height in my pillows (probably because I sleep on my back and need neck support) and I often sleep with 2-3 pillows
  3. I use Hypoallergenic, synthetic pillows
  4. I usually wake up once during the night (that I remember!)
  5. I get about 7 hours of sleep per night

What about you?

Angela_Signature

1 Diana February 16, 2010

Parfait looks great!
I sleep on my stomach or side. I can’t sleep on my back!
I like only one pillow. I never wake up during the night. I get about 7 or 8 hours of sleep per night!

2 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope February 16, 2010

I tend to sleep on my side, get the best oxygenation/blood flow that way. I usually wake up once or am waken up by my cat. On days of work, I try to get 7.5-8 hours, but it is hard since I wake up at 4am. On days off, I let myself sleep and I wake up by 7-8am. I function best on 10 hours of sleep which is when my body will wake up naturally. I love sleep

3 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope February 16, 2010

woken

4 megan February 16, 2010

that parfait looks so good. your nut butters always look delicious! I really need to try new ones.

I’ve been getting headaches for awhile now and I’m starting to wonder if it’s the way I sleep? Maybe I need more neck support?

5 Heather (Where's the Beach) February 16, 2010

That parfait looks great. Perfect reward for 5 1-miles on the treadmill! I sleep on my stomach and need flatter pillows. I try to get 8.5-9 hours of sleep. I wake up many times throughout the night unfortunately.

6 ashley February 16, 2010

I love your love of layers!!

I usually curl up into a small little ball and take up a very small amount of space when I sleep. Usually on my side and I like to get about 7-8 hours. I am a GOOD sleeper and can usually fall asleep very quickly even with noise or light or in a weird place

7 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg February 16, 2010

lol– you and I are almost sleep opposites! I’m always sleeping on my side, and I can’t STAND really high pillows :-)

But, I also wake up usually once during the night (have to pee!), and I get between 7-8 hours a night.

Have a great day!

8 Kristin February 16, 2010

The parfait looks great, how many servings is it?

9 whitney dargle February 16, 2010

I really like the idea of breaking up a treadmill run with water breaks! I usually sleep from 10pm to 5am, about 7 hours. Always on my side with one arm under the pillow and one knee up on a pillow at my side :)

10 Christie @ Honoring Health February 16, 2010

That parfait looks awesome!

I sleep on my side with lots of pillows and I still have my strawberry shortcake pillow case that I can’t sleep without. I know, how embarrassing!

11 Mara @ What's For Dinner? February 16, 2010

Gorgeous parfait, and i gotta say, i love the 250 lb bag of oats :)

I sleep on my right side on two pillows. One is pretty flat and the other has a foam insert in it for neck support.

12 La February 16, 2010

Ohhhhh wow that parfait looks gorg. If I hadn’t already had breakfast, I’d probably make that now. Tomorrow!

I’m a side-sleeper. Generally sleep on my right side, halfway onto my stomach, with two pillows and possibly hugging a third. I don’t know…I’m a weird sleeper.

13 Shannon (The Daily Balance) February 16, 2010

so funny to hear how others sleep. i CANNOT sleep on my back — ugh! thinking of it almost gives me anxiety – I’m always on my side or stomach.

14 Carolyn February 16, 2010

I sleep however I feel like that night, on my back, on my left side, on my stomach. I usually have to wake up to pee at least once. Lately, I also may be woken up by a puppy who needs to go out.

15 Marcia February 16, 2010

That workout looks good! I may have to try your trick. I am so over running on the treadmill, I can’t stand it anymore. I am training for a 10-miler and a half, and either need to get back to the treadmill or get serious about lunchtime runs at work.

Alas, today I am home with a sick kid, so I am a slug.

I am for 8 hours of sleep, I sleep all over, but mostly half side/half stomach with one leg out and hugging my pillow. I often need lots of pillow height, so about 1 time a week I end up on the couch.

16 Heather @ Side of Sneakers February 16, 2010

I can ONLY sleep on my stomach- I have no idea what I’m going to do when it comes time to have kids haha. I wake up at least 2-3 times to go to the bathroom. Oh and I can’t sleep with a pillow at ALL. I need lots of sleep- usually 8-9 hours!

17 Madeline @ Greens and Jeans February 16, 2010

I definitely sleep best on my stomach. When I was in high school I tore a disc in my back and had to sleep in this weird pose on my back for almost two months and it drove me CRAZY!

18 Danielle (Coffee Run) February 16, 2010

Your parfaits look SO tempting ;) I have to try one!
I would not be able to function if I didn’t get at least 8 hours of sleep. And I can only sleep on my back too!

19 Jocelyn February 16, 2010

hey girl. brekkie looks FAB .. yum yum.
Have you ever thoguht about selling your stuff at st jacobs market?? They got A LOT of people!!!

I usually get 8-9 hours of sleep per night (wake up at 6)
I always sleep on my tummy…

20 Mellissa February 16, 2010

I am a stomach sleeper and need a pillow I can “squish” to get comfortable. Sleep is such a challenge for me!

21 Katie@ Two Lives, One Lifestyle February 16, 2010

I know it’s not the best for my spine and all that but I love sleeping on my stomach, with a really flat or sometimes no pillow. I try to sleep other ways but when I wake up, I’m always that way. Also when I wake up, a parfait like that would be perfect! ;)

22 Becky @ flybynyght February 16, 2010

I sleep on my side, back and stomach all in the same night! As for the title of your post, whenever I ask my husband that, he says “with my eyes closed.” :)

23 skinnyrunner February 16, 2010

i like to sleep on my stomach with one leg bent but my physical therapist said it was bad for my hips. bummer.

24 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) February 16, 2010

I sleep with 2-3 pillows TOOO!! Pretty much on an incline too. People (even my parents) think I’m crazy. I have to though, especially during allergy season or else I wake up feeling icky. Now I’m so used to it I could never sleep on a ‘flat’ surface!

25 Majl February 16, 2010

How long does it take you to go through the 13 poses?

26 Leena February 16, 2010

your parfaits look sooo yummy!
i usually switch between sleeping on my back or stomach – i’ve never been able to sleep on my back… and i usually use 2 pillows. i like a little height but not too much. i usually get around 7-8 hours of sleep, but i do wake up a lot during the night.. i wish i could change that :/

27 Salina February 16, 2010

I would usually be in bed for about 8-9hours a night. Sleeping is a whole different matter tho.. I would usually wake up on average 10-15+ times, that I am aware of — drives me freaking crazy!! I have googled a lot on this tho and tested a few things out, and found that I wake up considerably less if i drink HEAPS of water throughout the day, and have a glass by my bed at night, and if i take a calcium/magnesium/iron supplement.. the Magnesium helps my muscles to “settle” and i don’t get restless legs.

28 thedelishdish February 16, 2010

that parfait looks great!! another great use for chia!! i cant believe you sleep on 2-3 pillows!! im a flat pillow type of gal & get neck issues when my head is too elevated! i love my sleep tho and in a perfect world would be getting 8 hrs every night :)

29 Morgan @ Healthy Happy Place February 16, 2010

I sleep on my side, with my legs basically open like scissors. I take up the entire queen sized bed! I’m a light sleeper so the slightest noise wakes me up, but I can fall back asleep within 30 seconds. I’m out the second my head hits the pillow!

30 Salah@myhealthiestlifestyl February 16, 2010

i sleep on my right side in the fetal position with a little height in my pillows but not too much. I don’t move much unless I’m having a crazy dream which doesn’t happen often. That parfait looks amazing!!!!!!

31 Sophie @ yumventures February 16, 2010

Hi Angela! I wanted to tell you that I had my first green monster this morning!! I have been dying to try them, but just never did, and this morning I told myself “this is it, time to get going!” It tasted way better than I thought! I used the first-timer recipe from your green monster website, and just wanted to say thank you! I’m going to try having one for breakfast all week and see how it goes :)
~Sophie

32 Anna February 16, 2010

The Oatmeal Parfait looks delicious!!

I’m so jealous of everyone who can fully function/feel rested on 7 hours of sleep. ;-) I try to get 8 hours every night; but I feel best when I can sleep 9 hours. I usually fall asleep quite well, but am a very sensitive sleeper (=wake up easily), so maybe that affects the total amount of sleep I need..? I sleep on my side – typically left side – and could not imagine sleeping on my stomach.

Megan – headaches could be caused by a pillow that is too high, too. I recently bought a new pillow, and after a week, had to take some of the filling out because my head, neck and shoulders were so sore. As soon as the pillow was a little flatter, the headaches stopped. It might be an idea to try sleeping a few nights with different pillows (higher/lower, harder/softer..) to see if that helps.

33 Ameena February 16, 2010

I sleep for 7-8 hours a night. One minute more than 8 hours and I feel gross the entire day! I usually don’t wake up at night, unless the hubby decides to snore in me ear. And then I wake up for a second to kick him out and continue sleeping like a baby!

34 Estela @ Weekly Bite February 16, 2010

I like sleeping with tons of pillows, I sleep on my back, and I would like to get 8 hours of sleep… having a baby makes that tough sometimes.

35 Jenn @ Livewellfit February 16, 2010

Breakfast looks absolutely delish, as always my dear! :)

I’m a quirky sleeper. Used to always sleep on my stomach until I hurt my back so I no longer do that.

So…I’m always on my back, arms above my head for some reason. At least 2 pillows that aren’t mushy but not hard. I’m a specific sleeper I guess.

36 Natasha February 16, 2010

I sleep any which way, just not on my left side. Weird I know, but it makes my stomach go crazy. In general I start out on my right side or belly, and end up on my back. Someone told me it was not possible that I didn’t have a regular way to sleep, but then my fiance backed me up. He said every night it’s different.

Breakfast looks delish :-)

37 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman February 16, 2010

That parfait looks awesome. I sleep on my back, too. I wish I could use a couple pillows because it helps me breathe better (stuffy nose) but it also gives me a wicked neck ache. Instead I use one memory foam pillow (covered in allergy cases before a pillow case). I usually sleep 7 hours, but that’s not nearly enough for me.

38 Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com February 16, 2010

Gorgeous breakfast!!
I’m jealous that you’re able to sleep on your back, I’ve heard many times that it is the best way. It’s good for alignment. I’ve tried to do it more frequently, what helps is a pillow underneath my knees so that I don’t arch my back at all.
Have you been able to maintain going to bed earlier or do you still consider yourself more of a night owl?

39 Paige @ Running Around Normal February 16, 2010

Great tempo run! Breaking up the miles makes it so much easier, I agree.
I wish I slept on my back, but I’m a side and stomach sleeper. I can’t help it, I just roll over that way!

40 Jil February 16, 2010

I have no clue how I sleep…haha I think I’m all over the place. I wanna say my side though. Love the breakfast!!

41 Kristen February 16, 2010

Hey Angela!

Quick question about morning workouts. I’m trying to start doing them because of my class schedule, but I always seem to move at 1/2 speed compared to when I work out in the evening or afternoon. Is this never a problem for you? If it is, how do you fight it?

42 Ellen February 16, 2010

I’m still working towards a 9 to 5 sleep schedule, but I try to get 7 or 8 hours….I sleep on all sides and use a pillow unles I’m on my stomach, then I throw the pillow on the floor…and I can’t stand to sleep in PJs–it all comes off! (can i say that?!)

43 Crystal February 16, 2010

The healthiest position for you to sleep is on your back! I work for an NSA Chiropractor’s office and they always talk about it! (If you don’t know what NSA, network spinal analysis, is you should look it up. It is very non traditional, no popping/cracking involved)!

44 Heather (Heather's Dish) February 16, 2010

i sleep on my stomach with 1 pillow and a puppy snuggled up next to me :) i try to get 7-8 hours a night, and rarely wake up in the night at all. I love me some sleep :)

45 Niki @ Niki's Neverending Adventure February 16, 2010

Yum! Parfait looks great! Good job on the tempo run! I think breaking up treadmill runs are the way to go if you have to be stuck on one!!

As for my sleep, I sleep on my side curled up in a ball! I think I start that way because I’m always cold when I go to bed! I like 1 pillow. Sometimes I wake up during the night, sometimes I don’t. But I do have super vivid dreams, usually every night! My fiance gets a kick out of my daily dream telling! Haha!

46 Wink February 16, 2010

I hope there comes a time in my life when I can run five miles! You go girl. I’ve been training for a 5k and so far I’m up to a two mile run.

I sleep on my back with a medium support pillo
w and I usually get about 8 hours a night. Good quality sleep is so important to me since I don’t drink caffeine anymore, plus I don’t like taking naps.

47 Ally (Exercise and Pies) February 16, 2010

cute parfait! One day when I have over night guests (guessing in years when I get a house…) i think i would make some breakfast parfaits. They are so cute and seem special imo

i sleep on my back or on my side with a therapeutic pillow and a warm boyfriend :)

48 Heather February 16, 2010

wow the apple pie oatmeal looks like a yummy dessert!

49 Megan @ Healthy Hoggin February 16, 2010

I’m a back sleeper, too! It’s the only way I can fall asleep. I always have two pillows– one “regular” and one super-squishy one! Oh, and we have the softest bed on the planet! We have a pillow-top mattress, but then we top that with my husband’s old down feather bed. It’s so comfortable, that we have trouble getting out of it every morning! ;)

And I have to sleep with a window open and a fan going… I think it’s the “white noise” I need to fall asleep!

50 Kayzilla February 16, 2010

Whelps, up until recently I only needed 8.5 hours of sleep, but recently that doesn’t feel enough. I think I’m growing, which is to be expected since I’m still a teenager.

So now, I get around 10 hours of sleep (but I could sleep 12, I would.) I sleep on my stomach or side, and I like 2 pillows but I don’t mind not sleeping with any. I also sleep on the floor. Sometimes in closet, depending on how noisy and cold the house is. I have a bed, but my back feels better on the floor. Don’t judge me. :P

I wake up numerous times around 6:30AM-10:30AM because people like to text my phone, and since I use it as an alarm, when I hear bzzzz bzzzzz I automatically thing “ohshittimetogetup?”

51 christina February 16, 2010

i start out on my left side and now that i’m single, i shamelessly snuggle with my stuffed puppy i’ve had since i was 6! hahah. i feel bad for the next man that dates me. i guess i’ll have to put the puppy away. damn. i always get up to pee too!

52 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 16, 2010

This parfait looks awesome, I’m bookmarking it now! Thanks as usual for the great recipe :)

53 Katie February 16, 2010

I move around tons of times in my sleep! And every night I find a different position to fall asleep in. It’s never the same two nights in a row (or so it seems).

That parfait is glorious! I made your PB Coconut Swirl Pancakes today! So sweet and yummy! I was stuffed. Your recipes will never cease to amaze me. :)

54 caronae February 16, 2010

That’s the most beautiful brekkie I’ve seen in a while!

55 Katie O. @ Fit to Wed February 16, 2010

I sleep on my side or stomach. I wish I could sleep on my back- it’s better for your skin! I try to get at least 8 hours a night. Nice work on the treadmill btw!

56 Angela February 16, 2010

That oatmeal looks beautiful all layered up and of course yummy! I sleep all different ways, side, stomach, back, but I have to have two pillows if I don’t I always wake up with a headache! I sleep about 8 hours a night and I never wake up, I fall asleep in about 30 sec and wake up the next morning!

57 Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) February 16, 2010

That oat parfait looks divine!

I would like to sleep well, but I usually have a hard time falling asleep. I can sleep on my back or side, but usually I end up on my stomach (which I know is no good for my back!) I only use the corner of my pillow, so it can’t be too poufy, but not too thin either! I wake up 1-4 times per night, and I get around 7 hours as well!

xo
K

58 Cynthia (It All Changes) February 16, 2010

I fall asleep on my stomach/side but sleep on my back. And I have to use a pillow for my knees since having back sugery.

59 Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker February 16, 2010

Hey, Angela!

I used to sleep like you do — with at least two pillows, on my back. But it seems like more and more I’m on my stomach, face planted into my one pillow. Weird. Can’t figure out why it’s changed in the past couple years.

And if you like those 13 poses — you should definitely check out our post (to be written later in the week). My husband and I are both training for another half-marathon, and we also routinely do power yoga. We used to attend a class at the gym, but it was boring and slow.

So we condensed the routine down into a power-packed half hour. What we do is a great substitute for lower-body weight training (which distance runners don’t necessarily need with all that time on their feet) and also stretches all those hard-to-reach places runners abuse most.

<3 Ashley M.

60 Beth @ DiningAndDishing February 16, 2010

I sleep on my stomach in a nest of pillows (one at my head, one of each side). I like 8 hours a night and feel like CRAP when I get less than 6!

61 Cole February 16, 2010

That parfait looks delicious. And I’m not really sure how I sleep but I always find myself waking up on either my side or my stomach.

62 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 16, 2010

oooh that breakfast parfait looks wonderful! I will have to try it at home :)

63 Lindsay Perrone (goodiesgalore) February 16, 2010

goodness, that’s some serious pillow height. They say that sleeping on your back prevents wrinkles. I sleep face down so I might be a shriveled up prune soon but whatever…

I wake up many, many times over the course of the night–got my dog and bf to thank for that. Nothing beats a wonderful night of rest.

64 Cassandra February 16, 2010

I love your breakfast today, looks so delish!!
I really wanna start working out myself but its so hard for me to get into a routine, especially since I have such a hard time sleeping at night. Maybe I should look into new pillows… Have a beautiful day :)

65 Kt F @ Through The Finish February 16, 2010

Yikes, that’s a lot of oats! Haha. I sleep on my side… if I’m in a bed. I’m am notorious for falling asleep in the worst positions in chairs though. I thrive best on 8 hours a night but it usually is more extreme than that– 3 hours one night, 10 the next. Annoying! I’m challenging myself to be more consistent!

66 Kailey (SnackFace) February 16, 2010

That parfait is ridiculous! So brilliant and luscious!

I am the worst sleeper ever. Most nights, I average five hours. (Such is the life of a student, I suppose.) I sleep on my sides, with my torso twisted and facing down, but a shoulder tucked under. That doesn’t make sense, but I’m sure it’s bad for my bod. Oh well! Oh! And my hands are usually curled up like babies. My parents adore this, still. And any more than one pillow kills my neck!

Shoooo, how do I start sleeping more? I need to!

67 Cassie @ A Very Busy Mind February 16, 2010

I think I fall asleep on my stomach, but eventually end up on my side. Also, I could totally go sans pillow if need be (and often do). People think that’s so weird!

68 Susan February 16, 2010

I do the same thing when I run on the treadmill! I LIVE for those 30 second water breaks on that thing :P

I like one, flat pillow. I usually sleep 7-8 hours. Once my alarm goes off, I’m awake for good. I can’t snooze.

69 Leah February 16, 2010

I love how creative you are with oatmeal! It always looks so good too. I added coconut butter to mine and was SO proud of myself for coming up with something new. lol

70 Cassie February 16, 2010

I sleep with two pillows~ and sort of half on my side but not. I seem to be sleeping with my head tilted toward my left shoulder lately LOL. I usually get 7-8 hours of sleep on a good night :)

That oatmeal looks AMAZING!! It makes me really sad that I can’t eat oatmeal (apparently. Every time I eat stovetop oatmeal for breakfast it upsets my stomach..wtf!?)

71 Jenna @ Eating Green, Staying Lean February 16, 2010

I used to sleep on my stomach when I was a kid…and one time I woke up with one arm hitting me in the face because it had fallen COMPLETELY asleep and was numb. Needless to say, it freaked me out haha. But now I’ve become a back sleeper, almost exclusively. It’s just more relaxing that way.

P.S. That parfait looks awesomeeeee.

72 erica February 16, 2010

i’m a side sleeper!

just wanted to tell you i’m loving my glo bars, and i think my favorite is actually chocolate peppymint! eating one right now!

73 Audrey February 16, 2010

I’m curious…what makes the Bob’s Red Mill Oats better? I confess to never noticing that much of a difference between brands.

74 Angela February 16, 2010

I compared about 4 diferent brands. I found that Bob`s oats were the best quality- they are hearty and thick, but not overly so. They also are not flaked or powdery like many of the organic oats I tried out.

75 Audrey February 16, 2010

Wow, interesting. Thanks for answering my question. :D

76 Emmanuelle February 16, 2010

That parfait looks yummy!

I’m such a bad sleeper, I usually sleep on my side or on my stomach, and I usually wake up several times during the night. Which means I usually sleep 5 to 6 hours, more in the weekend trying to catch up.
I’ve been “lucky” though lately as I have managed to sleep from 0:30 to 5 without interruption, then I sleep until my alarm goes at 6:50.

77 Kristilyn (My 29th Year) February 16, 2010

I’ve been told by my physiotherapist that I have to sleep on my back, with 2 pillows under my legs to keep my spine in alignment. I can sleep on my side, but then I have to make sure the pillows stay between my legs for the same reason.

That being said, I used to love sleeping on my stomach, but it always gives me back pain! I guess my physiotherapist knows what she’s talking about … LOL!

I also have to have a pillow over my head or I constantly listen for animal sounds … we have 3 dogs and they sleep in our bedroom (big room, one’s usually in his bed, one’s in her crate, and the other one fluctuates between a closet and the bathroom floor!), and occasionally one of the cats comes in to bother us.

I never sleep through the night without interruption, but I usually get at least 6-7 hours of sleep.

K

78 John February 16, 2010

I sleep on all 4 sides(F,B,L,R) as I find I can’t sleep on one side too long. .Get anywhere from 5-10hrs depending on day of week.

79 Angela @ A Healthy Fit February 16, 2010

I’m a side sleeper. Left side sleeper to be exact adn I roll up into a fetal position as well. I usually get into bed at 9pm (yep, I’m an old fart) and get up at either 4:58 or 5:15 to get my butt to the gym. :)

80 Katie February 16, 2010

If I had breakfasts like that awaiting me, I’d have no trouble getting out of bed. YUM.

I’m a slide sleeper. And I always wake up in the middle of the night. Never fails. Try to get 7-8 hours a night.

81 Melissa February 16, 2010

very excited about some GF bars!!
I love the parfait!

82 Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ February 16, 2010

Bobs headquarters is right down the street from me. I love their stuff and buy a giant bags of oats that lasts about 4 months, not as big as yours.

83 EaterNotARunner February 16, 2010

I sleep on my stomach with no pillow usually…weird I know!

84 Jolene February 16, 2010

I sleep on my stomach or side I think … I get about 8 or 9 hours of sleep a night and it never feels like enough! I like a flat pillow.

I have never in my life gotten up at 5:30 unless I was catching a flight!! You are one crazy lady!! :-)

85 Meredith (Pursuing Balance) February 16, 2010

I usually sleep on my stomach, 1 pillow, and I’m good on 8-9 hours a night (10PM-7AM usually). When I’m with my boyfriend, however, everything changes! He is a sleep talker and walker, which makes getting a good night’s rest uneasy and I usually end up sleeping later in the morning because of it. It always gives us something to talk about over breakfast :)

86 Camilla February 16, 2010

Did you know that when you are pregnant you can’t sleep on your back? The baby puts pressure on some vein or something and doesn’t get oxygen or something. I know this because I’m due in 2 weeks. Almost…there! Just thought I’d warn you, should you ever become pregnant. It’s not the whole pregnancy though, just the last little bit or something. anyway, interesting fun fact that you maybe didn’t know!

87 Andrew Lowry February 17, 2010

I sleep on my back most of the time unless my wife pushes me onto my side if I am snoozing.

I find my body needs 7 plus hours of sleep per night.

I like two pillows underneath my head, top one soft (feather) and the other firm (synthetic fill).

I am not picky about the mattress, which is good as I sleep around a lot. I am probably in 30 different beds each year. My wife likes that they are hotel beds and I am sleeping alone on business trips.