The Mystery Will Be Unveiled…

Good morning!

Whittle My Middle 2: Day 19!!!

Is anyone still doing it with us? lol. Last night Eric was making me laugh so hard. I swear my WMM2 workouts are getting worse and worse because I just collapse to the floor and giggle the whole time. He does the weirdest things, that guy!

Eric is getting RIPPED from this challenge. I can’t get over how quickly men build muscle!! His arms have easily increased at least 2 inches in size and his abs are quite hard too. The plank-ups are really good for the arms, aren’t they? I have noticed my own arms getting really toned this month, although that could be from the gazillion hours I spend baking each week (I mix every batch by HAND!).

We watched the first two episodes of 24 last night. WHOA. The new crew is different! I’m sure we will be used to it in a few more shows though. Freddie Prince really threw me for a loop!

I was up around 6:15am this morning. It’s hard to believe I have already gotten 2 hours of work done and it is only 8:30am. Love that!

My breakfast this morning was deelish.

I had a Tropical Balmy Bliss Breakfast Muffin (no butter required!)

IMG 9607 thumb1   The Mystery Will Be Unveiled…

Love these muffins! Remind me of summer. :)

And a Green Monster:

IMG 9600 thumb   The Mystery Will Be Unveiled…

Carob Mint Green Monster

Ingredients:

• Cooked organic spinach
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1.5 T carob powder
  • few mint leaves
  • 4 ice cubes
  • 1 t maca powder
  • 1 T chunky almond butter
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond breeze
  • 1 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate Amazing Meal

I don’t think I blended the mint leaves very well- I kept finding little strings of them in my mouth- ewwwwwww!!! :(

IMG 9602 thumb   The Mystery Will Be Unveiled…

Presenting the new V-day Glo Bar! The name, which I let Eric pick, will be revealed later.

IMG 9590 thumb   The Mystery Will Be Unveiled…

Any guesses what the flavour is?

This bar took me 7-8 trials and it is very labour intensive. I am so happy with it though!

I will be posting the new Valentine’s Day Variety Pack today at noon EST (check here on the blog!) and of course unveiling this new mystery bar! :D Quantities of the new bar will be limited.

Updates:

I am crazy busy in the bakery today so I better get going. Not sure if there is a workout on the agenda today- we shall see if I can squeeze one in! See you at NOON!

Have a wonderful, glowing day! :D

Angela Signature thumb20   The Mystery Will Be Unveiled…

"When inspiration does not come to me, I go halfway to meet it." ~Sigmund Freud

Christy January 19, 2010

SMORES!!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is January 19, 2010

I keep thinking the bar is something coconut flavored?? I keep seeing white and thinking that. Whatever it is, it sure looks tasty! :)

megan January 19, 2010

hmm…i’d have to pick something marshmallow-y. it looks great!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) January 19, 2010

Can’t wait to hear about the new glo bar flavour!!

xo
K

Tina January 19, 2010

Thanks for the post! I was just wondering why you cook the spinach? Also,I would suggest that a high-powered blender (like a VitaMix) would macerate the mint leaves effectively. You will never regret the investment!

Guen January 19, 2010

That muffin recipe looks yummy, and I can’t wait to try it. I came across a vegan chocolate cake recipe posted in several other places and thought it might be up your ally.

Kelly January 19, 2010

I’m still doing the whittle my middle exercises — but only 3x a week. :)
Boat pose continues to annoy and piss me off — lol — I have trouble with my hip flexors and it feels like boat pose reminds me of every inch of my hip flexors!
I know its good for me in the end, though! :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg January 19, 2010

Love that long, tall glass for your green monster! Looks like a test tube :-)

I hate how guys can get ripped so easily and girls have to work so hard at it– not FAIR!!

Haleigh January 19, 2010

I love hearing about new glo bar flavours! Can’t wait to see what the V-day one turns out to be.

Paige @ Running Around Normal January 19, 2010

Is it a white chocolate-type of bar?

Great job on the early morning productivity!

Morgan @ Life After Bagels January 19, 2010

yes I’m still whittling . . . I tried the exercise with the twisting and the weighted ball on an exercise ball on Sunday and it brought the pain, more than seated on the floor, I’m still sore today

Katy S. January 19, 2010

I’m still whittling too! I started a bit after you though but I am half way through and took measurements yesterday. I lost 2.5 inches around my natural waist and 1.5 around the abdomen! I couldn’t believe it.

katherine January 19, 2010

Mmmmm s’mores?? With vegan marshmallows? That would be incredible!!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers January 19, 2010

So annoying how fast men respond to exercise :) We’ll just work a little harder to keep up! ;)

Estela @ Weekly Bite January 19, 2010

That new glo-bar sure does look tasty! Can’t wait to hear the new flavor!

Autumn Tao January 19, 2010

Maca? I keep hearing about it, but don’t remember a discussion on your blog… Have you spoken about it? Perhaps a future post…? Thanks!

Morgan January 19, 2010

I’m really liking FPJ on 24! But there’s something weird about the new director I think!

Lauren @ Eater not a runner January 19, 2010

Whatever flavor that is it looks delicious :-)

Ameena January 19, 2010

What a pretty glass!

Sophie @ yumventures January 19, 2010

For Valentine’s Day I would have to say something red — maybe dried cranberries or raspberries?

You are so inspiring with your WMM2…I’m not following along with you this time, but am starting my own month long workout goals! This one is to run three miles, all at one time (I’m not a runner, so this is a challenge!!)

Brittany January 19, 2010

I’ve been doing the WMM 2 challenge and it’s been great. I’ve already increased my standard plank time by 30 seconds. I do however, loathe the planks ups (and I’m still doing the both feet on the floor version).

Men build muscle so quickly. Isaac just started going to the gym about 2 weeks ago and you can already tell in his abs and legs. I’m totally jealous.

Lastly, the new glo bar looks amazing- I’m thinking it has cacao nibs but I can’t tell what else from the photo but maybe maca powder since it’s suppose to increase libido. :)

Lauren January 19, 2010

I’m guessing it is chocolate and cherry. I wish I had started WMM2 because I seriously need to work on my core. But maybe I’ll start up now!

Tammy January 19, 2010

I NEED to do that WMM Challenge! So excited for 4 hours of action-packed 24 this week! I don’t like that Hastings guy! It should be a good season!

Diana January 19, 2010

k – not sure about this season of 24 yet….seems a bit slow – but i’ll give it time!
bars look amazing! very fluffy looking!
diana

Cheryl January 19, 2010

I guess marshmellow and cherry! MMmm….yummy looking muffins!

Nicci@NiftyEats January 19, 2010

That’s why I love planks, they work abs and arms!!

Beth @ DiningAndDishing January 19, 2010

I love the insides of that muffin! Looks so dense and moist! Yumm.

Megan January 19, 2010

How weird is Freddie Prize Jr.’s fake NY accent?!! And WTFFF is up w/ that freckly woman from last year!? CRAZY pants!

Heather (Heather's Dish) January 19, 2010

i started doing WMM2 yesterday…better late than never, right? i’m loving it though; the plank ups are crazy hard and i love feeling my abs quiver (weird? yes!)

looking forward to the bars!

Jil January 19, 2010

Ohhh, whatever the bar is called and whatever is in it…it looks delicious!! It is unfair how quickly men’s bodies change! Booo. Oh well, it just goes to show that we women have so much more perseverance! ;-)

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad January 19, 2010

Freddy Prince as in Freddy Prince Jr.? I had no idea he was even acting anymore! Boy, was he the bomb diggity back in the day! My friends and I all had crushes on him.

Mae @ OhhMay January 19, 2010

I’m still doing WWM2!! I love it, especially the plank ups (which are also evil.) I recruit my brother to whiddle with me! ;-)
The flavor: S’Mores!! (The grahm crackers last week, the white streaks of delicious-ness!) I can’t wait to see their name!
Have an awesome day!

Laura S January 19, 2010

I would guess smores! Yummy!

Niki January 19, 2010

I’m still with you on WMM2!! Loving it too! Those plank ups are killer!

Jenny January 19, 2010

I’m about to Whittle My Middle right now! ;) I am FINALLY feeling a bit stronger on the plank-ups, those are so hard!

Random question: with the early rising challenge, do you find yourself eating breakfast right away, so you can get to work undisturbed or do you prefer to just wait and stop what you’re doing when you get hungry? That’s my only dilemma when waking up early, sometimes I’m not starving right away, but I feel less productive if I have to stop in the middle to make something. Thanks!

Jewel@fit-and-fabulous-jewel January 19, 2010

Looks kind of s’morish to me!

OOHH that is so frustrating about guys! Since I started Weight Watchers and then switched my diet (and family’s) to eliminating processed foods and eating no meat in the house…guess who has dropped a ridiculous amount of weight! Yep! My husband. It is just falling off of him….and he doesn’t need to lose weight! As a matter of fact, if he keeps losing we are going to have problems as he will be waaay too skinny!

Sigh…it really is not fair.

Andrew Lowry January 19, 2010

Hey Jewel make sure your husband does resistance work (weight lifting etc) to maintain his muscle. Suggest you have him eat a high calorie snack in addition to what the rest of the family eats as obviously his calories are too low. I like cottage cheese or skyr which is an Icelandic cheese (they call it a yogurt as it feels more like that) http://skyr.com/ all along with some fruit.

Jewel@fit-and-fabulous-jewel January 19, 2010

Thanks Andrew!

He does need to work out but he does not. He has a gift in that he is stronger than most men we know…people are shocked how strong he is for his size, but he doesn’t exercise. He is the rugged and outdoorsy type but does not like “formal” exercise.

I will have to find something healthy and high calorie for him. He is finicky and difficult! The yogurt won’t do…he won’t eat it…but you did get me thinking and I will get creative and make him something he can use to supplement his calories.

I do appreciate your advice!!! And sorry Angela for yacking about this on your blog!!!!!

Adrienmelaine (confessionsofahealthnut) January 19, 2010

I have been trying to make green monsters, but mine keep turning out pinkish grey, and I only drop about 5 raspberries in.. you are truly the master of them!

Gabriela January 19, 2010

I can’t wait to find out what the flavor is…I’ve been wanting to order some for awhile, and I the variety pack sounds great!

Megan January 19, 2010

Looks like smores flavour to me!! I remember you making homemade graham crackers a while back… You’re such a kitchen inspiration! :)

Megan (Virtual Intern, Mitzi Dulan, R.D.)

Andrew Lowry January 19, 2010

I am glad to hear that WTM is working. Good on your husband working with you. Yes men build muscle much faster than women – just built that way – but then we don’t live as long on average. Fortunately resistance work increases testosterone in both genders which helps to burn fat and build muscle but then you probably know that already. :) Keep at the exercise.

Page 1 of 212»