Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

You know what they say…

IMG 8921 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

The harder a fruit is to open, the better it tastes?

IMG 8922 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas! IMG 8924 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

Let’s sure hope so…

IMG 8934 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

Behold, the Red Pummelo fruit.

IMG 8918 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

As part of the Exotic Fruit Experimentation, I knew I had to try out this fruit. The Pummelo is the largest of all citrus fruits.

IMG 8919 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas! IMG 8920 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

"There are three varieties of pummelo: white, pink and red. Not surprisingly, the pink and red varieties are sweeter than the white which has a slightly acidic taste.

It has a very thick peel and yellow, pink or red pulp. The pummelo, also known as the shaddock, is often confused with the grapefruit. It is sweeter and much less acidic than regular grapefruit. The pummelo is a big, heavy citrus fruit that contains numerous seeds and is covered with a thick skin. Pummelos can vary from round to pear-shaped with rind texture from smooth to pebbly."

[Source]

Not surprisingly, Pummelos are an excellent source of Vitamin C, which makes them great for cold and flu season.

If you want a peeling tutorial see this video:

IMG 8926 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

I discovered that each segment was covered in yet another skin! It was so fun to peel it back.

IMG 8930 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas! IMG 8932 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

The taste?

I was surprised, it is actually a delicious fruit! I was expecting it to taste very acidic like a grapefruit, but I was pleased to find that it tasted somewhere in between an orange, ugli fruit, and a grapefruit! Very delicious. :)

If you ever spot a Pummelo you should try it out. They are really fun! I am going to blend the other half in my Green Monster after my workout this morning.

~~~~

Whittle My Middle 2

Many of you have been asking me about the Boat Pose for Whittle My Middle 2!

You can do the boat pose a couple of ways (if not more):

1) Simply hold the position for as long as you can (shown left)

2) Do reps. This is what I do. I bring my knees into my chest (shown right) and move them back into the original boat pose (shown left) without letting my feet touch the ground. This is one rep. I repeat for about 20 reps. My feet never touch the ground for the entire duration. I find this works the core better than simply holding it because it challenges your body to balance while moving.

IMG 8215 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas! IMG 8216 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

I love this workout!

Don’t forget you can see all the exercises on the Abs page as well as follow my workout each day.

Eric is still doing great! Something that I didn’t expect was that doing WMM2 together has actually been a fun bonding experience! Because we are doing it together (and suffering together) we make it more fun. We’re always being goofy and laughing out heads off. This time has been MUCH more fun than last time when I did it alone! I encourage you to find a victim partner too! ;)

Anyone else doing WMM2 with a victim?

~~~~

CTV Interview

Thank you, Black Eyed Peas! ;) I have been eating this damn soup around the clock this week.

Twenty Ten is off to a great start already…

You can view the interview in HD on the CTV Toronto website today until 6pm EST. My story is the 6th one down called, ‘A Recipe for Online Success’

Or on You Tube below:

So happy! :D

Yes, you heard right, they called me Andrea!!! I’ve been called worse, I guess… ;)

I was thrilled to finally see it air and to be honest I was quite shocked that they aired it given that it was a holiday story. I think my persistence paid off. If there is one thing I have learned in 2009, it is that you don’t get anything unless you ask and sometimes you have to ask many, many times. There is no shame in asking for what you want…if you want something, go out and GET IT! :)

[My apologies for OSG and Glo Bakery going down briefly last night- it was the heavy traffic I assume.]

~~~~

Off to workout, Whittle My Middle, bake, and then going to visit some family for a very late lunch and to exchange Christmas gifts!

Enjoy your Sunday :)

Angela Signature thumb2   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key.
The Eagles

Jordan @ Salt Sweat Sugar January 3, 2010

I’ve always wanted to try one of those. Hrmmm.

The Hot and Fit January 3, 2010

I love citrus fruit! I used to hate grapefruit for example, but now I love it!

*Andrea* January 3, 2010

that’s so funny that you were called andrea because when i introduce myself people always end up calling me angela!!! haha. anyways great video nevertheless. that fruit looks cool – i’lldefinitely check it out!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2010

maybe we were switched at birth? hehe

Lindsay Perrone (goodiesgalore) January 3, 2010

AMAZING interview! You should go out and celebrate again! Also, did they call you Andrea? Anyway, I think I’m going to ask my bf to play victim for the challenge as I have already started dreading it. (I tend to dread hard exercise.) Good news it, I am already sore in the ab region. Again, congrats.

Danielle (Coffee Run) January 3, 2010

Congrats on your interview being aired!! It looked so good :)
I’ve seen a pummelo fruit a few times…I’ll have pick one up next time I see it!

Estela @ Weekly Bite January 3, 2010

That fruit looks so much like a grapefruit!

LOVED the interview! You were so great in it!!

Niki (Running in Pink) January 3, 2010

Oh my gosh congratulations! You looked and sounded great during your interview! I’m so glad it *finally* aired. :)

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope January 3, 2010

What a neat fruit Angela! I’ve never actually seen it before. I’m not a big fan of grapefruit, so I’m glad to hear it tastes a little less acidic. Can’t wait to hear how it tastes in a green smoothie!

Congrats on that interview!!! :)

xxoo
Heather

Kath January 3, 2010

Congrats Ange!! I had no idea the Glo Bakery was so successful already!!

Erin January 3, 2010

great interview!!! so glad it FINALLY aired :)

Clare January 3, 2010

Looked fantastic!! Hopefully this gets you tons more business:)

Heather January 3, 2010

Fantastic interview Ange! You did terrific and i couldnt even tell you were ever nervous.

Christina January 3, 2010

I love the video. I’m so happy your bakery is doing so well!!

claiee January 3, 2010

Yay! Saw the interview!! You looked great… Very professional:-) cc

Mrs. Money January 3, 2010

YAY! you look GREAT in that interview! Congrats on your success!

xoxo

Maggie January 3, 2010

Congrats! It’s a great story! You were wonderful!

Ameena January 3, 2010

Congratulations on your interview being aired! You look and sound very professional!

Stepfanie January 3, 2010

Ange,
This interview looked great. You looked professional, and it was a great boost for your business.

But, I am seriously disappointed in the professionalism of that reporter. As a journalist, getting someone’s name wrong is a cardinal sin. You should either call her or–better yet–her editor. Be very insistent that you want it corrected for the online version. I don’t want to be a party-pooper because, again, you sounded/looked amazing, but she needs to be held accountable for her glaring mistake.

Happy New Year!
Stepf

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2010

I heard that they got my name wrong when it aired in BC…and I asked them to fix it, to which they said they would. But it fell through the cracks. I honestly don’t think that they would ever change it now. I’m just focusing on the positives that came of it and not the error on their part! Its a shame, but not going to make or break my happiness about the interview. :)

Stepfanie January 3, 2010

That’s good to know! You looked and sounded great. I’m just appalled that they couldn’t be bothered to change it. I’m sure that the Canadian media are feeling the pinch the same way the US media are; too few people are doing too many jobs.

Katie January 3, 2010

Thanks for the more clear description of boat pose! :)

supersu January 3, 2010

nice job on the interview….you looked/sounded great!

sounds like things are going well…..if you ever need staff for an alberta office let me know ;)

happy new year

Lauren @ Reading and Running January 3, 2010

Congratulations on the interview!! It was great and I’m so glad it finally aired!! Great things are still to come for you my dear!

Jessie (Vegan-minded) January 3, 2010

Great interview, Angela! You look beautiful and surprisingly relaxed. :) Congrats on all of your success!

'Dee January 3, 2010

Oooh, shame on that reporter! And where were their fact checkers? I have been interviewed in the past and almost got irritated by how many times they confirmed my info, now I’m glad they were so thorough!

Nonetheless, I’m still so happy they aired it – you looked great, sounded assured, and it’s fabulous press for your business.

Congrats, Ange! Way to show that persistence pays off.

Lesley Lifting Life January 3, 2010

Awesome interview, Angela!! Yahoo! :)

Gina G January 3, 2010

you did a wonderful A-n-g-e-l-a, congrats! =)

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is January 3, 2010

LOVE the interview girl!!! Great job!!! :)

lisa January 3, 2010

Great interview! Your hair looks fantastic…you sound very professional. I bet the traffic on your sites doubles!
Congrats!!
Lisa

lena January 3, 2010

congrats on your interview! totally cool! glad you like the pummelo too! it’s one of my fav fruits and i put them in my salad sometimes.. very refreshing. here we tend to make desserts with them like pummelo, mango pudding.. chilled.. they are very tasty, coz of the zing it gives to the otherwise sweet dessert!

Morgan January 3, 2010

CONGRATS!! i’m so happy that your interview aired. I hope it brings in loads of business for you!

Amelia January 3, 2010

Congrats on the interview!!! Way to go!
I have never heard of a pummelo. I’ll have to keep an eye out for them. I’m sure I passed one before and just thought it was a weird grapefruit. ;)

Denise January 3, 2010

It is funny that you would do a tutorial on Pummelo’s today. I was at the nail salon yesterday and one of the ladies was eating a fruit like a grapefruit. She had cut it in half and was eating it like that, I knew it wasn’t a grapefruit though. NOW I know what it was!

Also, my son and I went to the mall yesterday. While waiting at a stoplight, I was kind of rocking side to side at my waist and then I started twisting my upper torso. He looked at me like I was crazy and asked what the heck I was doing. I said “Why Whittling my middle, of course!” Needless to say, he asked me to stop!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty January 3, 2010

Great job!!! Andrea! ;) hhehe

I think I am going to start whittle my middle today!! EEK!! :)

Nicole- Geek Turned Athlete January 3, 2010

You looked great on TV! Congrats!! All your hard work definitely paid off!! ;)

MarathonVal January 3, 2010

You did awesome Angela! Congrats girl you deserve it :) :)

Asta January 3, 2010

Hi Five Angela!

Rachel January 3, 2010

Congrats on the interview finally airing! The pumelo looks really good, but I’m not sure where I’d find it. My local grocery store definitely doesn’t have it… whole foods, maybe?

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) January 3, 2010

We just bought an enormous pommelo last night! It weighed 4 pounds!! My mom ate them growing up so she gets them for us a lot.

La January 3, 2010

Ahh I LOVE pomelo! A few years ago my family and I went pomelo picking in Israel! They’re super expensive over here, no? I never like to buy them in America because I’ve tasted them in Israel and in Thailand and the sad, dried up, imported version never does the fresh version justice, but they’re fabulous anyway.

Carbzilla January 3, 2010

OMG – sooooo excited it finally aired. I didn’t realize the story was so wrapped with online shopping, so even more remarkable that they aired it now.

Oy, the name thing. Hope you can shake that one off.

We went to the mall yesterday and drove around for an hour trying to find parking (I’ve NEVER had to do that there) so people (women) are taking advantage of sales!

Continued success!

Berta January 3, 2010

Hooray! You look great on tv, keep up the good work! :D

Page 1 of 3123»