Green Peace

img 2757 thumb   Green Peace

Everything is right in my world once again!!!!!!!!!! Oh, Green Monster how I missed you!

It had been so long (6 days???) since my last GM, I wanted to throw in everything into the blender.

img 2746 thumb   Green Peace

“Everything But The Kitchen Sink Green Monster”

Ingredients:

• 3 cups spinach, steamed
  • 1 tiny brown banana (extra flavour!)
  • 1 nectarine
  • squirt Kyolic garlic
  • 1 cup Almond Breeze
  • Amazing Grass WheatGrass Powder
  • 1 T All natural peanut butter
  • 1 T Chia seeds
  • 3 large ice cubes (a must when steaming spinach)

I almost forgot the chia seeds and threw them into the blender at the last second!

img 2749 thumb   Green Peace

GMM is also updated with new Green Monster recipes for you to enjoy! I am loving all of these new ideas. They really broke me out of my rut.

Do you have a fun GM recipe to share with all of us fanatics? Email your story and recipe, along with a picture, to angela@greenmonstermovement.com and join in on the fun. :)

I almost tackled the UPS man today when I saw his truck. You may have seen me shouting about it on Twitter this morning. ;)

img 2738 thumb   Green Peaceimg 2737 thumb   Green Peace

I also received the Food Processor too. The box on the right is my bulk gluten-free oats that arrived yesterday.

All shiny and brand new :)

img 2740 thumb   Green Peaceimg 2745 thumb   Green Peace

Let’s hope I don’t break these appliances once again! I got a great tip from a couple readers suggesting that I should soak my dates before processing. I broke my food processor by trying to process dates dry (it melted the rotator!). I can’t wait to try it out again with a fresh start. I will post my results of course!

~~~~~

I have been busy baking up some orders today.

I’m quite tired after the clean-bake-clean-pack-ship spree today.

Awake Glo Bar

img 2678 thumb   Green Peaceimg 2691 thumb   Green Peaceimg 2733 thumb   Green Peace

Glo-nola

img 2697 thumb   Green Peace

Sweet & Spicy Zucchini Spelt Muffins:

img 2719 thumb   Green Peace

With crunchy cinnamon-streusel topping:

img 2712 thumb   Green Peace

I also made a huge double batch of my 50 cent hummus:

img 2701 thumb   Green Peace

Nothing is more satisfying than eating food that you made from scratch! I can’t believe it has been so long since I made my own hummus. Tsk, tsk!

img 2760 thumb   Green Peace

This is Sketchie yesterday.

He was lying on Runner’s World while watching me on the treadmill. Ironic? ;)

img 2676 thumb   Green Peace

He’s such a model, lol.

Coming up on OSG:

• I review my first official run/walk experiment. Did walking affect my time?
  • I review 3 news foods I am officially obsessed with :D

I hope you have a lovely day everyone!!!!

PS- I installed a new comment feature below. You can now reply to any comment in the thread, by hitting the [Reply]. :) So fun!

angela signature thumb56   Green Peace

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

—Unknown Author

Margaret August 25, 2009

I’m so glad to see you using chia seed in so many ways. Your chia GloBars look delish! I can’t wait until we can get them in New York!!

In the meantime, for more information about chia seeds, and some recipe ideas, check out my website: http://www.chiativity.org

Joanna August 25, 2009

Hi there! I love your new site design! It really makes your photos shine!

Marilyn August 25, 2009

YAY! Glad you got your food processor and blender, Angela :)

I haven’t tried Chia seeds yet… I’ve just started eating ground flax seeds in my diced fruit+greek yogurt. Would Chia seeds go well with that too?

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 25, 2009

Yes, I think chia seeds go well with just about anything! :) ~A

Jess (Fit Chick in the City) August 25, 2009

Sketchie is so cute! You guys are lucky to have him.;)

christina August 25, 2009

yay for making green monsters again ;)
i cant wait for your baked goods to go on sale!

Jenn (Eating Bender) August 25, 2009

Your pictures are SO vibrant, Angela! I want to eat your Glo Bar off the screen :) What…something wrong with that?

I’ll say it again – LOVE the new layout! And yay for fun packages. That always lifts my mood.

Sketchie’s eyes are so beautiful!

Jenny August 25, 2009

oh wow Angela I’m just seeing the new layout for the first time (what can i say? i’m a slave to google reader) I adore it! so bright and vibrant, just like you :)

emily August 25, 2009

looks delish! Does the spinach NEED to be steamed?

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 25, 2009

I steam mine (or microwave it in water) because the nutrients (e.g., calcium) are more bioavailable when heated. Sometimes I don’t have time to steam it, but whenever I can I try to. Hope this helps!
~A

emily August 25, 2009

Very helpful! Thank you!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 25, 2009

No problem!

How fun is this cascading comment thread? HA!

Lainie August 25, 2009

I am absolutely in love with your cat. I think he is one of the cutest animals I’ve ever seen, honestly!

Chloe August 25, 2009

Hooray for the return of the blender! I’ve yet to make a GM in a huge batch for freezing, but it’s still in the back of my mind. Hopefully I can get some chia seeds to thrown in there too!

brandi August 25, 2009

glad you got your blender back and got to have a green monster today :)

i really want to try your awake bars! they sound so good!

Marissa August 25, 2009

Those muffins look so good!

kristi (sweet cheeks) August 25, 2009

YAY for packages!!! I hate being away from my kitchen in the morning…It just doesn’t feel right not to have a GM to start my day!! :D

Shannon, The Healthy Beach Bum August 25, 2009

oh hummus, how i want to eat you right now… lol. Lovely eats! Can’t wait to order your Glo Bars one day :) They always look so delish!

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope August 25, 2009

I haven’t had a GM in like a month!! I’ve been bad. I’ve been under so much stress lately because tomorrow I start a new job in the ICU and I think my body could definitely benefit from a GM…at least to help with my immune system!! aaaaaaah *nervous!*

Sherri August 25, 2009

hooray for your new blender! just be careful… i had a kitchen aid blender (gorgeous martha stewart blue base) and the blades broke off while adding frozen banana chunks for my gm. it was the most expensive blender i had ever purchased. it’s been two weeks without a gm :(.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) August 25, 2009

The green monster…lookin good til the garlic. I am just not a fan of garlic. And with nectarines? Girllll, you’ve got tastebuds-o-steel :) Good luck with your blender. I have a newish Kitchen Aid stainless steel canister. But I also have a VitaMix and so the blender sees no love these days. Yep, and I actually fried my VitaMix within the first 2 weeks of having it grinding dates. So it happens. Luckily the Vitamix people sent me a replacement via 3-day air. Thank god! Great mind think alike, tomorrow i am posting about a celery & romaine green monster I made today. Yumm! Love you blog and also enjoyed reading your backpost that I somehow missed about the pressure to post 3x/day. That’s insane, I could never keep up. Being a wife, worker, mother, cook, etc once a day is all I can handle.

Heather August 25, 2009

YAY for green monsters and for having your blender back!!! I love my KitchenAid food processor :) I use medjool dates which are nice and moist so I don’t soak them, BUT I do have to chop them up. The one time I threw them in there whole my food processor made an unpleasant noise. I will try soaking them next time!

Pam (Highway to Health) August 25, 2009

Yeah for new kitchen appliances!!

You may just have one of the cutest cats ever…

Faith August 25, 2009

Your hummus looks delish! Your cat is gorgeous…with his pretty stripes he reminds me of a tiger :)

Cait (Cait's Plate) August 25, 2009

Oh my gosh those muffins look AMAZING!!! The topping definitely makes it!

Also, YAY for a new blender! I’m sure you’re happy to have your GMs back in your life :) That one looked delectable!

And as usual I want all your Glo products :)

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope August 25, 2009

Thank goodness for the new blender! I’ve been missing these smoothie ideas you always give me. I just tried out peanut butter instead of almond butter for the first time today and LOVED it!

All these baked goods just look so good. You’ve got some mad skills Angela! :)

xxoo
Heather

Holly August 25, 2009

So glad to see the GM’s making a comeback :o) I thought you might find this video interesting. It has to do with when various foods are most appropriate to eat and when their nutrients are most bio-available. As it turns out, bananas are best to eat when they are yellow with green tips (have the most vitamin C at this time).

Becky August 25, 2009

I love the new design! Your hummus looks really good, and simple! And as always, your baked goods look to-die-for :)

Alisa - Frugal Foodie August 25, 2009

Congrats and fingers crossed on the new Kitchen Aid!

I was doing plyometrics today, and every time I jumped backward (180) I had an up close view of my cat, totally sacked out with her tongue sticking out. They are such motivating creatures aren’t they?! :)

Jolene August 26, 2009

Can’t wait to hear about these 3 new foods!!!

MizFit August 26, 2009

I LOOOVE my chia
the husband? not so much so I sneak it into everything when he’s not looking :)

Robin August 26, 2009

I am salivating, that all looks so good!

Paige @ Running Around Normal August 26, 2009

Yaayyy! New blender is here! I had a GM this morning too, but Blogger was being a tool (in the bad sense) and wouldn’t upload my pictures. I’ll have to submit it to you soon :)

The baked goods look lovely as always!

Kat August 26, 2009

Yay for the return of the blender! Any word from the Vita-Mix people yet?

Maggie August 26, 2009

Wow, that’s quick, i honestly thought you’d be waiting a lot longer for your blender. Way to go Kitchen Aid.
i finally came across chia seeds yesterday at the organic market and they had 2 different kinds, is there a difference? There was just black and white but I just picked up the black kind since that’s the only kind of seen in the blog world.
I was expecting them to be kind of pricy but does $2.30 per 100g seem like a lot to anyone? I really have no idea whether that’s normal, cheap or crazy overpriced..

Claire August 26, 2009

You just reminded me that I forgot my garlic in my drink this morning.hehe…How do you get your muffins sooo perfect.They look so yummy:-)