Lucky Number Seven

This morning I felt like I was dead to the world!

I was dressed in my running gear, but I wanted to do this instead:

img 4392 thumb   Lucky Number Seven

I sometimes say that getting dressed is the hardest part. No, sometimes getting out the door is the hardest part. And the first mile. And the second..etc. ;)

I moaned and complained to Eric for a good 10 minutes, lol. My mind was definitely trying to talk me out of it today!!!

After two strong cups of sencha green tea, I made a green monster!

img 9337 thumb   Lucky Number Seven

As per my green monster challenge, I made a new concoction!

No Milk, No Problem! Iced Pineapple  Green Monster

Ingredients:

• 3 cups spinach
  • 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
  • 1 cup cold water
  • 1/2 package Vega Smoothie Infusion
  • 3 cubes ice

The recipe (along with my detox green monster) can be found on my recipes page of Green Monster Movement website!

It was so refreshing! :) I loved it. I rarely omit milk from my GM’s, but this proved to me that you don’t always need milk on hand to have a delicious GM.

Breakfast number two was a huge bowl of my new favourite cereal:

img 9443 thumb   Lucky Number Seven

I don’t know what it is, but after a late night of partying all I crave is CARBS. I think it is from lack of sleep actually.

Finally, I found some motivation to go for my long run! Luckily, Eric agreed to bike along beside me for extra encouragement! I don’t think I would have been able to do it without him today!!!

img 4398 thumb   Lucky Number Seven

And we were out the door! It is beautiful outside today- 23C and sunny, so it helped wake me up.

The run:

• Max heart rate: 172 bpm
  • Avg heart rate: 152 bpm
  • Avg pace: 9:28 min/mile
  • Distance: 7 miles (I did it!)
  • Duration: 1 hour 6 minutes

I was DRAGGING at the beginning of this run. I had way too much food in my stomach that wasn’t digested yet and it was weighing me down so much. After mile 1, I told Eric I might have to walk back because I felt so blah. But eventually I got into it. I also took more water breaks than normal and didn’t push it too much. We just kept going and going and eventually we had done 7 miles. I did 3 big hills and really gave it my all up the hills reaching an 8 min/mile pace. I had to dig DEEP for this run. I’m not going to lie and say it was easy because it totally wasn’t. I had to use tons of inner pep talks to boost myself up. Eric also helped so much. He kept saying ‘you’re doing good’ and FEED THE WARRIOR! lol. :) Eventually I got through it and I am so happy that I pushed through!

I immediately had a huge lunch when I got back as I was hungry again!

I made a Veggie stir-fry with veggie ground round:

The frozen veggies:

img 9433 thumb   Lucky Number Seven

I love frozen veggies! This whole meal took me maybe 10 mins prep time! My kind of cooking!

I added 1/3 cup of the ground round which added 10 grams of protein to help repair my muscles after the long run:

img 9436 thumb   Lucky Number Seven

The nutritional info:

img 9437 thumb   Lucky Number Seven

img 9439 thumb   Lucky Number Seven

I added in spinach and Ruth’s Hemp Dressing:

img 9440 thumb   Lucky Number Seven img 9435 thumb   Lucky Number Seven

And the result was nothing short of spectacular:

I had it along with 2 slices of w/w toast with Becel Olive Oil Margarine:

img 9449 thumb   Lucky Number Seven

Carbs are NOT the enemy! img 9447 thumb   Lucky Number Seven         img 9455 thumb   Lucky Number Seven

I couldn’t get over how simple and nutritious this meal was and how great it tasted too! So quick and easy. I will definitely be making this often!

img 9462 thumb   Lucky Number Seven

Gobble Gobble!

fun thumb1   Lucky Number Seven

The winner of my SGBC Sidebar contest is Kate! Congrats hun! Please email me your addy and I will ship you off some new bars this week! ohsheglows@gmail.com

untitled thumb5   Lucky Number Seven

Thank you to everyone who participated!! I hope to do more bar giveaways in the future so don’t despair if you didn’t win. :)

~~~~~~~~

Well, I have a full day of Glo Bakery work ahead of me! While the past couple days have been a much needed break from work, I am ready to get back into it! I am finally getting close to figuring out everything I need to do to ship the the US. You guys wouldn’t BELIEVE all of the stuff I have to do. I never imagined it would be so complicated! I need registration numbers, prior notices, product codes, etc etc! It is driving me MAD but I know it will be so worth it once I get everything sorted out! :)

Have a lovely Sunday!

angela signature thumb25   Lucky Number Seven

Shannon (The Daily Balance) July 12, 2009

Nice job on the run! definitly agree that carbs are NOT the enemy!! ;)

awesome looking stirfry – defintely doesn’t look like it only tok 10 minutes, either! ;)

Leah @ Simply Fabulous July 12, 2009

You were an example today of why I usually like to do my long runs on Saturday!! I find Sundays can be so hard to get motivated (espec’ after a night out Sat!) but awesome job at getting done the 7 miles!! I see lots of stretching in your future today!

Lizzie July 12, 2009

How funny – you and I ran the same distance in the same time this morning! Congrats! I read a theory once that said something like 90% of running is getting your sneakers on – once they’re on, it’s easy to get out there! I say it feels like the running should be more than 10% sometimes, but most of that statement is true!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope July 12, 2009

Good job on pushing yourself and getting in that run! Loving the tropical green smoothie and that stir fry sounds so good! Perfect recovery food. :)

xxoo
Heather

Lynn (The Actors Diet) July 12, 2009

Carbs are not the enemy – preach it, sistah!

Kathy (Moving Beyond Perfection) July 12, 2009

Congrats on your run! It seemed like a tough workout, but I am sure that made it all the more rewarding!

Jess July 12, 2009

Congrats on your long run :) That’s awesome! The meal afterwords looks delicious. Good luck getting everything done!
<3 jess
xoxo

Jocelyn July 12, 2009

Congratz on pluggin through all those miles and hills! You go girl!!!

Bryan July 12, 2009

I SO understand how you feel! How many times have I gotten totally dressed and ready to go out for a great run, and then wussed out! Getting out the door and into the first tenth of a mile of running is the true bottleneck! Once I do that, I can go for five or ten or thirty miles no problem. And by the way, sorry to your husband to say this, but wow you are so so so beautiful!!! Wow!!! Anyway success with all your working out and healthy eating and I love all the ideas I get for these things from you. And, WOW. Your husband is a lucky lucky man. ROCK ON!!!!

Bryan July 12, 2009

Okay just one last time, but… I mean, WOW!!!

Marcia July 12, 2009

Congrats on the run. Yesterday I had a hard time getting out. Today I skipped it altogether. I haven’t run more than 3 miles in so long…I miss having a running buddy. I *mean* to go for 5 to 6 miles occasionally…

april July 12, 2009

Great job on the run!

That stir fry looks awesome! I need to find some veggie grounds!

christina July 12, 2009

wow..7 miles! I can barely run 3 miles without almost dying! good job :) :) That stir fry looks delicious. You are adorable!!!

Kristie July 12, 2009

I was going to go out and bike today but instead? I napped. Hey, sometimes our bodies need the extra rest right? GOOD job on cranking out 7 miles anyway though, that’s incredible.

And I definitely crave carbs after late nights too. Then again, I’m pretty sure I’ve been craving carbs ALL the time lately. Geeeez! Carbs are good but in moderation. And probably not when they are consumed as nothing but white bread and white pasta. Haha oops.

Hope you get all of the baking technicalities worked out soon! There are always all kinds of hidden stipulations before getting to just have the fun stuff eh?

Erika July 12, 2009

Those workouts are the ones that make us stronger and those easy days even more magical. I struggled with my runs both yesterday and today – lack of sleep really puts a damper on your energy doesn’t it??? But once you get going and you continue and finish you have even MORE reason to be proud of yourself.

Way to push through today :) Sending Hugs….

Bryan July 12, 2009

By the way, how improbably, DELICIOUS and YUMMY this stir-fry looks! I am going to try to duplicate it tomorrow! Wow, yum. I love the ideas you pose here. AND I wish Canada and the U.S. would just form a single market so we could get your Glo Bakery stuff with no hassle at all. Thanks for the umpteenth time for all the AWESOME ideas!

AGS July 12, 2009

Way to go!! Today was my long run day, too. . . and I also had a hard time getting motivated. But I did it and felt great. In fact. . . I completed my run *after* reading about you — so you were part of my motivation.

Sarah July 12, 2009

I was having a craving for some pinapple in my GM’s this morning, so I just went out earlier (before reading this) to buy some frozen pineapple. Funny! Now I’m thinking of tons of different things to try out with it in the morning.

Congrats on the long run! I completely understand how hard it is to sometimes get the workout started. I used to say that getting dressed was the hardest part, then that changed to getting out the door was the hardest part. Now, I think I’ve finally realized that getting the first 5 minutes is the hardest part. Usually if I don’t want to work out, if I can make myself just get through that first 5 minutes, I feel awesome. That said, I took today off. I’ll be back at it tomorrow, though. Just needed a day off.

Christina July 12, 2009

I just bought that cereal too and love it! It’s such a great base for add-ins :)

Jen July 12, 2009

Huh, I had no idea that Ruth makes dressing as well! I’ll keep an eye out for that when we go shopping again. Last week I bought some Ruth’s Hemp protein powder to add to my GMs and it’s definitely a winner – 2 scoops (110 cals/15 grams protein) added to my smoothie keeps me going for 4-5 hours (vs 3ish hours on a no-extra-protein GM) Doesn’t affect the taste much, either – if anything, my GM tastes more earthy/nutty with the extra protein powder. Yay for Ruth’s stuff!

Kate July 12, 2009

Congrats on the awesome run!! And congrats to Eric too for biking and providing the energy boost when you needed it :)

Jessica July 12, 2009

YAY us shipping! i can’t wait. good job staying on the ball for your run and not giving up! im so proud of you!
-muffy

Rachel July 12, 2009

I remember several runs during my training program for my half where I complained for a good hour before I got off my butt and out of the door. It’s hard sometimes!

PS that lunch looks delicious.

MarathonVal July 13, 2009

I know the feeling of not being mentally (or physically) up for a run – but I have to admit, I would have a hard time doing SEVEN miles while feeling like this. I have made myself do a 2, 3 or 4 miler while feeling like crap, but 7 miles while feeling under the weather is nothing short of inspring! And you ran it in good time, too!

Andrea@WellnessNotes July 13, 2009

Great run!

The stir fry looks awesome!!! :)

Tay July 13, 2009

Congrats on your long run!! The post glow of those hard ones are always the best! Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day!

amy July 13, 2009

Nice job with the run! I tuned-up my road bike tonight, and had to convince myself to get out the door for a 35 minute ride this evening.

Oh, and I made THE BEST post-workout “reward” snack.
1c. Almond breeze (unsweetened vanilla)
big heaping spoon of organic cocoa
8 drops of liquid vanilla stevia
1/2 banana
6 ice cubes

Talk about a healthy chocolate smoothie!! I filled up a pint glass with it, and it was so thick and chocolately, and its so healthy I can barely count it as guilt treat!

Cait (Cait's Plate) July 13, 2009

HAHA! I definitely do that sometimes…I’ll be all dressed and then I’ll just hang around for a good hour before I get the motivation to leave :)

The GM looks awesome as always!

Katie July 13, 2009

Good for you for pushing yourself! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kristen July 13, 2009

Getting out the door is definitely the hardest part for me (followed closely by mile 1- that first mile is always TERRIBLE for me). Good job getting out the door and on that speedy run!

Alex July 13, 2009

1 minute to 7 miles…Wow! You’ve come so far!

Just another example of “the journey of one thousand miles begins with one step”.

If we focus on each single step, the next 999 don’t seem so intimidating :)