I Like It Green

Before my run today in 32C/90F hot sun!!

img 7784 thumb   I Like It Green

Eric was like…’Are you sure you want to run in this heat?’ :) I wasn’t sure myself but I left with the plan of ‘feeling it out’ and seeing how my body was. I also took along some water. I REALLY want to get one of those camelback backpack things that Jenna has.

img 7782 thumb   I Like It Green

I just have a clip on water bottle and I hate it because it jiggles around too much. I just hold it in my hand. Of course, the water got HOT and then I freaked myself out about BPA and wasn’t too thirsty for it. :( Does anyone know of any BPA-free bottles made specifically for running?

I don’t know about you guys, but I have always felt very self conscious about how I look after a workout! My face gets really red and sweaty. I remember leaving the gym and always holding my head down when I walked out because I felt so ugly!

But today I decided that ends NOW!

img 4092 thumb   I Like It Green

My workout was HOT!!!!!!!

The stats:

• Duration: 31 mins
  • max heart rate: 170 bpm
  • Avg heart rate: 158 bpm
  • Avg pace: 9:22 min/mile
  • Distance: 3.33 miles

I wanted to go longer but I was so hot so I listened to my body and cut it shorter! It is best not to overdo it in this heat!!! I might try some evening runs this week because last night it really cooled down nicely after sunset around 9ish. :)

Another day, another green monster photoshoot!

img 7768 thumb   I Like It Green

Ingredients:

• 1/3 cup pumpkin
  • 1 scoop Hemp-Maca-E3Live Protein powder
  • 1 scoop Amazing Grass Wheat Grass powder
  • 1.25 cups Almond Breeze
  • 4 cups steamed spinach
  • 1/2 ripe banana
  • ICE!!! (4 cubes)
  • Kyolic Garlic Extract

img 7772 thumb   I Like It Green

So peeerrty…

img 7771 thumb   I Like It Green

+++++++++++

Sketchie pic of the day:

img 7792 thumb1   I Like It Green

Stretch!!!!

+++++++++

Last night I made a Vegan Blueberry Banana bread with a streusel topping (or sliced bananas- great idea Leah!):

img 7819 thumb   I Like It Green

O-M-G is it ever good!!!!!!!!!

img 7820 thumb   I Like It Green

It is now up on the Glo Bakery webpage if you’d like to order this delicious bread. :)

img 7797 thumb   I Like It Green

+++++++++

Ok, back to baking in the sweltering kitchen, I have 3 orders to do today and the kitchen isn’t getting any cooler!!!

I figure if I can make it through this week of NO A/C during the heat wave we are having, I will be laughing! ;)

Also, check out all the new tee-shirts that I added to my shop today!!! :) If you have any ideas for what you want them to say- let me know and I will make you a personalized OSG shirt!

My newest favourite that I came up with is: ‘I Like It Green’…I’m SO ordering it! :D

untitled11   I Like It Green

Have a great HUMP DAY!!!

Leah @ Simply Fabulous June 24, 2009

Those photos look so good!

Love your workout top btw. Wheres it from?

I enjoyed looking at all the photos from this mornings post! Totally brought me back to that day!!! Love the candid shots!

haya June 24, 2009

is your bottle soft plastic? only the #7 bottles (which are hard plastic) have (had?) BPA in them and even that you shouldn’t worry too much about because mostly everything that will leach out leaches out the first few times you use it.

BPA is extremely overhyped.

Daniella June 24, 2009

Hello!
I am trying to lose weight but I read that you are on you maintenance face, as I imagined. Was there anything that you did drastically different in the way you eat or exercised when you were trying to lose the weight? I am so stuck, and eat healthy most of the time but I guess it’s not enough. What really kick started your weight loss or how did you achieve it?

Recipes for Creativity June 24, 2009

Love the Operation Beautiful note you wrote to yourself! When you get really brave you can a post a red-faced pic of you on your blog and I bet everyone of us will tell you how fab you look! I also look like a giant tomato after my workouts, but I just know I worked it hard!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope June 24, 2009

Wow, I’m totally impressed by your workout! Stay hydrated in that heat though… it’s not worth it to harm your body for exercise. I agree that it’s so difficult to carry water along on a walk/run. Let me know what you end up finding out about a water bottle.

Good luck in the kitchen this afternoon!

xxoo
Heather

SweetKaroline June 24, 2009

mmmmthat bread looks yummy

and i am in love with that picture of sketchie!!!

I wish I had a camera as nice as yours that could take such beautiful pictures!

my point and shoot is ok but i am seriously lusting after a DLSR

Danielle C. June 24, 2009

I love this water bottle for running, and the hand “strap” has a little pocket to put my key and even some gu in! http://www.rei.com/product/752160

It is definitely BPA free, I think most of the ones REI stocks are. :)

CUTE Sketchie stretch.

Honestly, I feel the MOST beautiful after a run. I like the way my cheeks are flushed and there is something about pushing your body to the limit that shows true beauty. Ironically sweat does not deter the husband, if you know what I mean! ;)

Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 24, 2009

Sketchie really is such a character haha!

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope June 24, 2009

What’s on your shoe??

jessica June 24, 2009

I want a camel bak too! I actually looked at the running room website and they are pretty decently priced.. I think the backpack was around $50. Meghann from The Inner Workings… and Caitlin from Healthy Tipping Point both have one (I believe) so they must be worth it!

Love your no AC challenge too! Today my dad asked if I wanted the AC on since they are out golfing all day, I said no and surprisingly it’s quite nice in here! Our thermometer says it’s 31 outside and 25 in here which is perfect! I think you’ll make it to the end of the week no problem!

shannon June 24, 2009

You go girl (or should I say you glow girl!) I commend you for running in the heat!!! Your kitty is precious too :-)

kayla June 24, 2009

lol at sketchie.. pets just make the world a better place :) just remember if ur ever down to look at ur comedien of a cat ha

brandi June 24, 2009

great job on the run and for stopping when you needed to. It’s SO hard to run when it’s that hot. I hope I can run early on those days.

that blueberry bread looks great!

Stephanie June 24, 2009

I get SO sweaty after cardio workouts and I cannot stand it. Luckily I run outside now for most of my workouts with a hat/visor so I avoid the whole ‘running out of the gym red-faced’ thing. Some people barely sweat. I don’t understand!

Amy June 24, 2009

I’m a sweat factory too. Today I am going to EMBRACE my sweat and wear it proudly! ;)

Caroline June 24, 2009

I love the note you made yourself! I turn bright red too and feel rather self conscious having to wipe my face more than others, even at the gym. What a great reminder of all that working up a sweat really does for us!
PS, love the Sketchie pic!

Allison June 24, 2009

That’s great that you’re staying so positive in the heat. I’m getting a bit discouraged. Running is just not fun right now!

I’m thinking about purchasing a camelbak (I’m not sure if that’s what Jenna has or not). The running ones are designed so that you won’t feel the weight of the water and they’re very breathable supposedly!

Valerie June 24, 2009

I’m the same way when I work out – sweaty and red faced. My boyfriend always asks me if I’m okay afterward because of my face! My cheeks are always pink for at least an hour after I finish!

Yummy looking green monster. I think I’m going to go make a smoothie to help beat the heat! It’s hot hot hot here!

Bree June 24, 2009

I used to be embarrassed by how I looked after a workout, but now I love it! I love seeing my flushed cheeks & sweat! I know I worked hard & just did something wonderful for my body. It helps me appreciate what by body is capable of. I was never athletic and when I started working out when I was 18 (14 years ago), I would never have believed I would come to love running/yoga/strength training. Ladies, you are beautiful when you sweat!

Lizzie June 24, 2009

I am in love with that bread!!

I stopped caring about what I looked like when I work out after seeing how ridiculous some of the girls looked who showed up to my dance class in full earrings/hair/make-up mode. We’re out there sweating and getting the most out of our workout time to ourselves (especially those who have babies or young children) and the last thing women need feel is self conscious about not looking like we’re in some sort of infomercial! :)

Rachel June 24, 2009

Hey Angela – this is the first time I’ve been to your site and I just want to say…
Love your blog, love your pics, love your attitude, love your new slogan :)

april June 24, 2009

My face gets super red when I work-out! As well as my arms, legs, basically my whole body! And I have these little baby hairs that tend to stick up when I work-out lol

Karen June 24, 2009

YOU ARE GOING TO START HATING COMMENTS FROM ME! lol!!

Agave “Nectar” is looking like it is just as bad as corn syrup. Even the one labeled “Raw” is anything but.

It is horrible how much we cannot trust the food production industry. People will do anything to make a buck!

The Weston Price Organization would be of great interest to you and anyone concerned wit keeping food in it’s whole form, free from GMO’s.

The article on agave is the second half.

An excerpt:
According to Bianchi, agave “nectar” and
HFCS “are indeed made the same way, using a
highly chemical process with genetically modified
enzymes. They are also using caustic acids,
clarifiers, filtration chemicals and so forth in the
conversion of agave starches.” The result is a high
level of highly refined fructose in the remaining
syrup, along with some remaining inulin.

Agave “nectar” is a misnomer; at the very least, it should be labeled “agave
syrup.”
Agave syrup comes in two colors: clear or light, and amber. What is
this difference? Mr. Bianchi explains: “Due to poor quality control in the
agave processing plants in Mexico, sometimes the fructose gets burned
after being heated above 140 degrees Fahrenheit, thus creating a darker,
or amber color.” However, the labels create the impression of an artisan
product—like light or amber beer.
As consumers are learning about problems with agave syrup, the label
“chicory syrup” is beginning to appear as a non-conforming word for the
product. Consumer beware!

On a lighter note, I am loving the Sketchie pics! And of course the wedding shots are excellent! Our photographer actually took no shots of just us- in all the chaos I didn’t notice at the time. Boo.

Karen June 24, 2009

Also, if you are concerned about BPA and that junk, the Camelbaks have a soft plastic bladder which is not the safer form of plastic. (really there is no safe plastic)

leslie June 24, 2009

those mini bread loaves are adorable!

in my old ballet classes, my teacher always said that women don’t sweat, we glow. :) seems about right for you!

Low June 24, 2009

I love the new shirts! You’re run sounds great! I am not hard core enough to run in the dead heat! I would definitely be opting for an evening run.

Katharina June 24, 2009

I love how I look after I sweat! I feel like I’ve got this glow (no not just the sweat haha) and it’s the only time my face will ever flush (although it usually doesn’t).

That banana bread looks awesome! I can’t wait till your shipments can be shipped… INTERNATIONALLY!! I was looking around your site for order info :)

Enjoy the rest of your day, beautiful woman!

LaurenE June 24, 2009

own that glow! i love the way i look after a good sweat sesh. okay, well maybe not LOVE, but i’m definitely proud ;)

it’s been sooo hot here in the twin cities, too, but i love running in the heat!

cute photo of sketchie :)

Kristen June 24, 2009

That bread looks so good!

My friend is having a wedding soon and I showed her your bakery website because all of your favor cookies are adorable!

Megan June 24, 2009

I can’t run with a camel back but i have a hydration belt that kind of looks like this…

I love it! Its nice b/c it has a little pouch for my gus (or gel blasts) car keys, etc… during my long runs.

Kath June 24, 2009

oh girl EMBRACE the after workout look! i love being a hot mess, makes me feel so much stronger and thankful for the body i’m in and what it does for me!
you ARE beautiful when you sweat!

p.s. sketchie is just precioussss!!

Rose June 24, 2009

Great job on the run! You should definitely get a Camelbak. I love mine for more than just running!

The Running Yogini June 24, 2009

LOVE the Sketchie pict!! What a clown. LOL! I don’t know about the PBA free bottles for runners, but I’m kind of freaked out about it! Please let us know what you find out! I still haven’t tried pumpkin in my GM’s! I just wrote myself a reminder to try it. Have a fantastic day :-)

TINA June 24, 2009

You are one brave girl to be running in this heat today!!
I wear a water belt from the running room, it works for me.
Yes, I get really red when I exercise, and I thought I was the only one.

Tay June 24, 2009

Great note!! I am sooooooooooo making that bread soon. I’ve been wanting to bake banana bread lately!

And pumpkin in a green smoothie? Great idea! I love love love pumpkin smoothies & green smoothies, but have never thought of combining the two. Thanks!

Amanda June 24, 2009

That bread look so yummy, and the fact that I can eat it makes it look even better!!!

Sketchy look so cute stretching like that! Great shot!

Kelly Turner June 24, 2009

OMG is sketchie disappears, its because I took him. ADORABLE.

Lex June 24, 2009

Sketchie is adorable!!! loooooooooooove him!!!

Lindsay June 24, 2009

Such long pants for such a hot day! You’re beautiful, wear shorts!

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) June 24, 2009

My boyfriend has been talking about picking up a couple of those Camel things for months now. They look so much handier than a water bottle!

Page 1 of 212»