Still Laughing

since Eric’s guest post!!!

Oh my GOSH how funny was that!? My family and I were all huddled around the laptop in the kitchen and cracking up last night!! :D

To answer a couple of your questions- Yes Eric has a Professional Canon SLR camera and I desperately need to learn how to use it, especially after seeing his kick butt pictures! WOW they were so sharp, eh? And secondly, I would LOVE if Oh He Glows did more future posts…he clearly has a hidden talent! It is up to OHG himself I guess! lol. He might be persuaded if enough people beg and plead?? lol.

But back to Saturday night/Sunday, shall I?

After our magnificent dinner at Rouge, we headed to a bar that was supposed to be really popular. Well, we got in and were not impressed at all! It looked like a bunch of underage drinkers and we felt a bit out of place. So we decided to hit up a Beer Market at a pub nearby. It was just what the doctor ordered!

My sister ordered a Mojito (after not being able to get one at dinner or at Bar #1!) and I ordered a flight of beer. I told the bartender to surprise me (I’m Craaaazy like that!) and she brought me a Raspberry beer, a cider beer (my first one ever), and a regular pale ale. I absolutely LOVED the cider beer it was sweet and tasted like apple juice! I drank the cider and half of the raspberry. My sister finished off the rest of the raspberry and a bit of the pale ale. They were all 6 ounces.

IMG_2969

The three of us chatted away until about 12:30 and then headed back to my sister’s to sleep!

IMG_2970

It was such a fun night!

When I got home I called hubby because I miss him SOOOO much. This is the longest we have ever been apart from one another in the 9 years that we have been together, crazy huh!!! So I called Eric and let me just say Eric forgot to photograph the BEER that he drank on the Saturday night! haha. He sounded a bit drunk. Ok a lot drunk and groggy. To give him the benefit of the doubt, I did call him and wake him up at almost 3am his time!!! Hey- he told me to call him when I got home! ;)

However, I was up EARLY- as in 6:45am! I only got about 5 hours of sleep but for some reason I was wide awake. After figuring out how to turn off my sister’s alarm, I snuck downstairs and raided their pantry!!! SCORE!

IMG_2980

I had a bowl of this Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal with soy milk. It was just what my grumbling tummy needed!

Then my stepdad picked me up and it was time to go home and spend some time with my nephews who were over at mimi’s and papa’s house! I think my mom needed a ‘break’…lol. We did puzzles! Oh how I miss being a kid!

My oldest nephew and I did this one and he was making me look bad he was so good!

IMG_2991

I’m a bit rusty…

Then I had a green monster, did a post, and worked out (yes, on 5 hours sleep- wooohoo!):

IMG_2986

fitness

I’m not sure where I found this energy (ok, it must have been the GM!), but I rocked this workout!!!

The workout:

• Duration: 46 mins
  • Max heart rate: 169 bpm
  • Avg heart rate: 159 bpm
  • Treadmill hill walking (4.4 mph, incline 10%)
  • Distance: 3.36 miles

Since my mom’s treadmill only goes up to a 10% incline, I have amped up the speed of my workouts this week to ensure that my heart rate is staying challenged. I don’t know what is harder- 15% incline and 4.1 mph or 10% incline and 4.4 mph! I guess they are about equal because my heart rate is around 155-169 bpm for both workouts. I was soooo happy when I finished this workout. It is quite rare that I workout after a late night out! :)

food Lunch was simple spinach salad with tomatoes, ground flax, sesame seed, hummus, and cukes…and a sprouted grain wrap to go with it.

IMG_2994 IMG_2993

I also snacked on an apple, PB granola bar, and another wrap during the afternoon as I worked in the kitchen.

Then it was time for mom and I to get cracking with the birthday dinner prep!!! The kitchen was utter madness all day long!

IMG_3001

Homemade rolls (soooo good!)

IMG_3009

I made my sister vegan cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World!

IMG_3008IMG_3014 IMG_3017

In the fridge chillin’:

IMG_3018

My mom made stuffed jumbo pasta shells:

IMG_3028 IMG_3029

IMG_3043

And I made a big salad:

IMG_3040

Us ladies chatted in the kitchen with the birthday girl as we prepped:

IMG_3038

It was a busy but very fun day!

Part 2 of the Sunday Birthday dinner is coming up Tuesday!

On Monday’s agenda:

• OSGMOM takes me shopping for a top secret birthday gift (stay tuned!)
  • Lunch at a cafe with OSGMOM, sis, and nephews
  • Leave for home :(
  • 10:40pm EST- Eric picks me up in Toronto :) I can’t wait to see him!!

Stay tuned for two exciting guest posts today from Fitnessista and Fit Bottomed Girls! I apologize if some of you saw Gina’s post this morning- there was a glitch with my livewriter! It will be up tonight have no fear!

Also don’t forget SHOP 4 A CAUSE is this Thursday!!!! Help spread the word! :)

Also a couple of you have asked me where I am and I just wanted to say that my mom and family would prefer not to say where they live. I hope you all understand, the internet can be a scary place at times!

Angela_Signature

1 Courtney June 8, 2009

Angela, while I think Eric was superb, you’re the real star, and I couldn’t wait to see your posts after the guests :] I bet you can’t wait to get home, though!

Thanks for posting the information on the camera! I’m still salivating …

2 april June 8, 2009

I’m so jealous of your baking skills.. or at least frosting skills! My frosting looks nothing like that haha!

I owe all my skills to you tube- seriously check it out for demos!!!~A

3 brandi June 8, 2009

I love all the guest posts! I’m glad you guys are having such a great time :)

4 Lindsay June 8, 2009

Those dinner rolls look awesome! Glad you are enjoying your time with your family, enjoying all your guest posts, good choices on authors, including your husband! ;)

5 Meghan June 8, 2009

Angela- where is your pink drapey top from? It’s so pretty, as are you and your sister! :-)

Winners!! ~A

6 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope June 8, 2009

I can’t wait to hear how the 2nd B-day dinner went. All the food looks amazing! You ladies definitely have some MAJOR cooking skills!

I’m so glad that you’re having such a great time with the family. Enjoy the last day of your visit! :)

7 Katherine June 8, 2009

The cupcakes looks gorgeous, and the stuffed shells look so cheesy and wonderful – are they vegan-ized as well?

Great job getting a workout in after a long night out – so impressed!

Yup she made a vegan one for me too- you’ll see that tomorrow! :) ~A

8 Shannon (The Daily Balance) June 8, 2009

I LOVE THAT WE’RE GETTING TO SEE WHAT YOU ARE UP TO! The meal you guys prepared looked fantastic! can’t wait to hear about all the other adventures ;)

9 Liz & In The Skinny June 8, 2009

Those cupcakes look so pretty!
Eric’s post was funny. My husband usually only eats cereal whenever I go out of town. The last time I left, I pre-made meals and labeled them with the day and meal when to get it – like “Thursday lunch.”
Have fun!

10 Amelia June 8, 2009

Aww you and your sister are so cute! Everything for her bday looks delish.
I’m a huge fan of cider. I got addicted after trying it while I was in Ireland. It really does taste like apple juice. Dangerous! :)

11 Katie June 8, 2009

What a fun birthday! The first and I had hard cider was in Canada, too! I also love the difference in Kashi boxes.

12 Sarah June 8, 2009

Those cup cakes look divine. Cup cakes should always be made with copious amounts of icing.

13 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 8, 2009

Oh you should have seen my nephews faces when they saw them!!! lol

14 Mara @ What's For Dinner? June 8, 2009

Ok, seriously, could you and your sister be any more gorgeous?!

15 elliebelle June 8, 2009

Your cupcakes and dinner look amazing!!! And you and your sister are too cute! :)

16 Run Sarah June 8, 2009

The cupcakes and pasta shells both look amazing!

17 Kati June 8, 2009

LOVE the cupcakes! So pretty! I want to make some vegan cupcakes for my BFF’s shower coming up…oh and I’ve never seen that Kashi cereal- looks good!

18 Jess June 8, 2009

If you’re going out for drinks again, may I suggest Wine Bar Kensington. It’s a really sweet little wine bar in Kensington (duh, ha ha!) that’s located in a basement, but it has these huge windows. Amazing tapas style food, a killer wine list and GREAT service. And no, I don’t work there, just know the place well and like to tell everyone to check it out!! It’s open everyday until 1am, weekends until 2. You reallllllllly should check it out, I think it would be right up you and your sister’s alley!!

19 Lauren June 8, 2009

OMG, I LOVED Eric’s post! He was a natural blogger! Pleaaseee have him post again soon! It was so much fun to read! :P

20 amy (veganissexy) June 8, 2009

You=gorgeous. Cupcakes=gorgeous. Love the fun times on vacay :) Have fun!

21 Dee June 8, 2009

You have an amazingly beautiful family!

22 Leah @ Simply Fabulous June 8, 2009

I loved the post by Eric LOL!

Have a safe trip home girlie!!

23 Faith June 8, 2009

It looks like you had a wonderful vacay! By the way, your cupcakes look sooooo good!

24 Susan June 8, 2009

Does your family have good genes or what? You’re all gorgeous!! :)

Lovely looking dinner! I’m especially partial to the mojito :P

25 Rebecca June 8, 2009

Those cupcakes look so good! So does that Kashi Cereal. Kashi just sent me a coupon for a free product so I might have to try it! Love your blog!

26 anonymous June 8, 2009

Hi Angela,
This is so embarrassing, and I hate to admit this, but whenever I run I get serious inner thigh chaffing. I run 5 days a week, average a 7-8 minute mile. I am 5′ 6” and 140 pounds, so I’m wondering does my body just store an abnormal amount of fat in my thighs and I am plagued with chaffing for the rest of my life, or do I just need to lose a few pounds?
Thanks.

27 Meghan@traveleatlove June 8, 2009

Those cupcakes look amazing! I want to reach into the computer to grab one!
LOL- Eric’s post was hilarious. I showed my Eric and he had the typical man response of “meeeaaaaattttt.”

28 Taylor June 8, 2009

I wish I was over for dinner!! Those stuffed shells & cupcakes…MAN OH MAN OH MAN!