Obsessed

IMG_2487

Remember the other day when I said it had been a couple years since I bought my last jar of peanut butter?

IMG_2490

My friends, those days are long over. I don’t even know who that girl was.

IMG_2489

She was clearly misguided.

IMG_2485

And missing out on some of the finer things in life such a peanut-buttery goodness.

So naturally for my breakfast this morning, I had an ooey-gooey openfaced PC, J, and banana sandwich.

And then I had a Peanut Butter Granola bar from last night.

IMG_2502

They are just fabulous and I hope you make them very soon! :)

I did a rough calculation of nutrition info and 1/16th of the recipe is about 225 calories. I need to do a formal calculation though. I currently use Nutrition Data to calculate my info and I really dislike that website. I can never find the ingredients I am looking for!! :( So calculating recipes can take a LONG time. I have to explore other programs…surely there has to be something better?

fitness I had a granola bar last night before my workout and WOW did it ever rev me up!! I had such a kickbutt workout! :) I felt on fiya! lol. All that goodness really gave me lots of energy. I can’t wait to make these bars again and again!

The workout:

• Duration: 1 hr 10 mins treadmill hill walking
  • Speed 4.0 mph, incline 15% (for first 55 mins, then cool down the last 15 at 3.5 mph/incline 10%)
  • Max heart rate: 168 bpm
  • Avg heart rate: 148 bpm

I also did Level 2 of the Shred (Circuit 1 and a tiny bit of 2) which was about 12 minutes of strength training. Did I mention I really dislike Level 2 (circuit 1) of the shred??? I just don’t think they moves are great and I find myself bored. Back to level 3 I guess! :)

freeforall

1. You may have noticed my fancy pants new logo at the top of the page! I was hard at work last night until about 1am working on it! My next project with the logo will be re-designing all of my clothing items on my shop page!

GREEN MONSTER emails are flooding my inbox lately! lol.

2. Veggiegirl does green monsters!

100_0156  100_0156 100_0158

3. Angie from Angie All The Way documented her first and second green monster attempts!

4. Brooke made my granola bars and green monster with great success: “Firstly, I started drinking green monsters, secondly I started eating more veganish things and thirdly I ditched the stupid scale and today….I WAS GLOWING. Seriously. I think its probably the first time in my life (minus being a kid and having that childhood glow) that I really saw how eating well and exercising and being good to your mind and body can have such an effect on everything.
I love reading your blog. Last week I made the raw granola bars (amazing). My best friend couldn’t keep her hands off them. I am going to have to make more now!!!”

5. Elizabeth made my granola bars too! Her boyfriend also enjoyed them very much! Boyfriend friendly- I agree!

6. Don’t forget to enter my fun Hip T giveaway! Contest ends tomorrow!

Today I have a full schedule:

• Baking for race
  • catch up on EMAILS!!!!!
  • Order more business cards
  • Design Flyer
  • Media Interview @ 3pm
  • Workout
  • Pick up packaging order
  • Logo stuff
  • Recipe print

See you this afternoon for the next Hot Topic- Clue: It is about RAW food!

Angela_Signature

1 Carolyn June 2, 2009

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/index.html ever tried this site? It’s very very specific.. You have to kind of play around but i have found most everything… You might have to enter a single name.. strawberry instead of strawberries, but other than a few kinks the in depth info is amazing…and be specific when you choose a catagory too… It’s great that you can put your ingredients in by the gram…gotta love obsessing..!!!

2 Kat June 2, 2009

I have never commented on your site before, but i have been a reader for a while. I just wanted to say that i FINALLY tried the green monster this past week and i am now officially addicted. I love them! Love all of your other recipes too, now i just need to find some time to make some!

Question – when you walk on the treadmill at 15%, do you hold on at all? I know that you aren’t supposed to hold on to handles but i find that once i get over 10% on the treadmill, I feel like i am going to fall backwards if i don’t hold on to something.

The only time I hold on is if I am taking a drink of water with one hand and need balance- otherwise I have a no hands on policy! lol. If I feel that I need to hold on, I just reduce the intensity a bit. When I hold onto the machine my heart rate drops over 25 bpm! So that keeps me in check. :) ~A

3 Katherine June 2, 2009

Your breakfast looks WONDERFUL! Oh peanut butter, what a fabulous treat :)

I have a question about your meals and how you eat throughout the day. I know every day can be different depending on hunger levels/workout time, etc, but do you think you could break down your calorie consumption approximately by meal? I’ve been trying to eat more healthily, but I don’t know if I’m getting enough calories during the day because I’m starving at night and still struggle with nighttime eating. Any advice would be much appreciated!

As a very rough approximation, I would say that I get about 400 calories at breakfast (usually GM + cereal), 150 for mid-morning snack, 400-500 for lunch, 250 for afternoon snack, 500 calories at dinner, and typically an evening snack around 250 calories. I get about 2,000 calories a day sometimes less sometimes more depending on the intensity of my workouts. if you are starving at night my guess is that you aren’t eating enough during the day, like you suspect. Ever since I have increased the fuel I give my body earlier on in the day my energy has skyrocketed. ~A

4 *Andrea* June 2, 2009

to live without pb is to breathe without oxygen ; ) you have made such a difference in this blogworld yay!

5 Donna June 2, 2009

Hi Angela-

Love you blog!!! Have you ever used http://www.sparkrecipes.com/ for a nutritional calculator? I like this site and find it easy to use, plus it saves your recipes in folders for you to use or edit again. Check it out!!

Have a great day,
Donna

6 Holly June 2, 2009

Ooohhh you just keep adding things on my food to-do list! First raw coconut brownies and now PB granola bars! You are dangerous :)

I love reading your blog in the morn – starts my day off right! Have a fabulous day~

7 Nicole June 2, 2009

I LOVE peanut butter. I actually had to stop buying it at one point because I was addicted..lol. My husband brought some home yesterday and I was into it within 20 minutes. I need to try to make your PB granola bars…they look yummy!!

8 brandi June 2, 2009

love the pb coming back! it looks great under that banana. yay for green monsters! I am trying to have one as many days in june that I can – I’ll be gone a few weekends, so I may not be able to on those days, but I want to see what happens :) Maybe I’ll be glowing?

9 Mara @ What's For Dinner? June 2, 2009

You have GOT to try http://www.sparkrecipes.com
It’s free, and has great info :)

10 Jenny June 2, 2009

I never used to eat peanut butter, but not I literally CANNOT go a day without it!

Good luck with your busy day! :)

11 jenna June 2, 2009

Have I mentioned I am completely drooling over my laptop screen at your latest granola bar creation?! I seriously thought the previous recipe was the best granola bar I’ve ever tried so I cannot WAIT to make these!!!

12 gliding calm June 2, 2009

i love your green monsters!!! and i always call them green monsters thinking in my head “ANGELA’S creation”, but then i just label them and forget to give you a shout out!! I DO know that they were ALLLLLLLLL you girl, and i’m sorry I’ve forgotten to give you credit in the past!! i will try to remember, since that really was YOUR thing!! i feel badly!!

LOVE YOU ANG!! hurray fora successful new granola bar recipe!! it sounds delish- esp. with PB!!!!

LOL!!! GC- don’t be silly- I don’t care! ~A

13 Sarah June 2, 2009

Try SparkPeople – I’ve found their food database is pretty easy to use. You have to sign up for an account, but it’s free and it’s fun. Spread the Spark.

14 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 2, 2009

OK it’s settled I am trying Spark People!!!~A

15 Genie June 2, 2009

I, too, love http://www.sparkrecipes.com. Heck, I love Spark People! It has a great exportable nutrition tracker.

16 Jennifer @ His N' Her Health June 2, 2009

Can’t wait for the hot topic! I am interested in raw food but somewhat skeptical!

17 Rachel June 2, 2009

I had a breakfast just like that! So good :)

I have a question…since you have been taking the supplement Maca, have you seen a difference? I have been thinking of buying it. It’s a personal quesion I know so you don’t have to answer it if you don’t feel comfortable. lol

18 Susan June 2, 2009

I kind of feel like PB has taken a back burner to the “fancier” nut butters out there. But it’s still really healthy for you aaaand freakin’ tasty!!!! I’m with you on the PB love, I just had some smooshed between a banana :)

Looking forward to the raw food discussion. I have a lot of opinions on that one!

19 Gillian June 2, 2009

I mentioned your green monsters in my last post as well! Cheers!

20 Sarah June 2, 2009

Hooray for peanut butter…I don’t know how you went so long without it, haha ;-) Have a great day!

21 Bec June 2, 2009

I once gave up peanut butter too believe there was better foods out there, now its back with a vengeance and I eat it every day!

22 bobbi June 2, 2009

oooo girl how did you love without PB?!!!!

23 Christina June 2, 2009

That breakfast looks amazing, glad you’re back on the pb bandwagon. I don’t know how you’ve gone so long without it!

24 Erin June 2, 2009
25 Amanda June 2, 2009

Looooving Green Monsters here too (no blog, but I’d give you a shout out if I had one!)

Also, Level 2 of the Shred is my fav but there are a few moves that I really dislike (not bc they’re too hard, but bc they’re boring!) I find myself putting on Level 2 for background timing of the moves, and swapping out some moves for Level 3 ones that I like better! It’s a great way to get the whole workout and pick out my favs!!

26 april June 2, 2009

Your gonna get hooked on pb just like me!! lol. I was never that into it until now…now I can’t get enough!

27 Run Sarah June 2, 2009

I hadn’t had PB for years either and am now hooked – I’m almost a 1/4 of the way through my ridiculously massive jar of Kirkland natural PB.

28 katie June 2, 2009

made my first green monster the other night, and really liked it [my one roommate was giving me crap about the thought of putting spinach in a smoothie but even he approved of it ;)].

also, totally agree with you on level 3 of the 30 day shred – definitely my favorite as well!

29 Rose June 2, 2009

I used to be the SAME way about PB. So glad I reintroduced it into my life!!

30 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 2, 2009

SparkPeople has a really easy-to-use recipe builder on their site.

Hope this helps!

31 SarahF June 2, 2009

Hey Angela,

I had to comment that I also tried a Green Monster this morning. I had tried one a few weeks ago with kale and it was so gross that I was resisting trying it again.

However, I have decided to give your entire “Project GLO” a go for the month of June-so then hopefully I’ll have beautiful skin by the time I’m heading to Stampede in July (because I live in Alberta and it is obviously the time of the year that everyone wants to look their best). Today was day 1 of the GM and I used spinach instead of kale-and loved it. I’ve long been a lover of oatmeal so I was worried I’d miss it-but so far so good.

Thanks for the wonderful creation :)

32 Diana June 2, 2009

Love veggie girls t shirt!

33 Katy June 2, 2009

Hi Ange! I’ve ONLY ever used fitday.com so I can’t really claim it’s the best…
But I do like that you can create your own custom foods, so you can enter info straight off a label for increased accuracy. (But maybe all calcounter sites do this? :)
I’m drinking a green monster at work right now. Sad to say that its icky because I added grapefruit slices and it’s way too sour! Back to the original version tomorrow. They really do make my skin glow, its great!

34 Shannon (The Daily Balance) June 2, 2009

Hey girl!

Glad to see you are lovin up on the peanut butter! Have you tried naturally more? It’s my favorite!

Also– I tried my first green monster yesterday — AMAZING!

I had no idea that you were the MASTERMIND behind the goodness! I had just heard about them through a few bloggers who probably heard about them from all the other people you’ve converted into green monster lovers ;) THANK YOU – I’m a lifer, now ;)

35 Ellen (Peace in Motion) June 2, 2009

I think we ALL forget how amazing peanut butter is. I too had been on an almond butter spree, but then had some pb at a friends house and fell in love all over again. Something about that creamy (or crunchy!) peanut goodness just gets me every time :)

36 Heather June 2, 2009

Haha, PB is so addicting! I always keep coming back to it, even though I actually prefer almond butter most of the time. EM with PB and J and bananas… SUCH a classic! ;)

Hooray for Green Smoothies! :D

37 Kris June 2, 2009

Love the logo!!!

38 Nicole June 2, 2009

I could not live without PEANUT BUTTER!! I eat it every single day without fail for breakfast. I always have oatmeal and pb whole grain toast..mmmm. and then sometimes a pb sandwich for lunch, haha

39 Faith June 2, 2009

Wow, your PB granola bar looks SO GOOD!

40 Steph Runs the City June 3, 2009

i also recently re-discovered my love for peanut butter! now i’m obsessed :) and, i tried my first green monster the other day. i think it still needs work, but wasn’t a bad first attempt- i’ll have to follow your recipe more closely next time!