The Last Weekend: BBBC Plan

I ended up doing yet another evening workout last night! It was a great workout because I was feeling fairly energetic and I had my Shuffle tunes playing loudly. :)

I was also thinking about some exciting news that I got yesterday and that kept my mind busy!

The workout:

• Duration: 1 hour treadmill incline walking
  • Distance: 3.8 miles
  • Speed: 4.0 mph, incline 15% for 45 mins, then 3.5 mph at incline 15% for 5 mins, then 3.5 mph at incline 10% for 5 minutes, then for the last 5 minutes slowly decreasing speed and incline until arriving at 3.2 mph incline 3%.
  • Max heart rate: 172 bpm
  • Avg Heart rate: 153 bpm (During the first 45 mins my heart rate was around 165bpm on average! That just shows you how much it decreases in those last 15 minutes)

I also did Circuits 1 + 2 + 3 of Level 3 of the 30-Day Shred! I am loving level 3 so much!

• Duration: 26 mins.
  • Max heart rate: 146 bpm
  • Avg heart rate: 110 bpm

A GREAT and intense workout!! :)

copyofuntitled51 thumb1   The Last Weekend: BBBC Plan

As many of you know this is the last weekend of the Bikini Body Boot Camp! Monday is June 1st!

Here is my training plan below:

Friday: 1 hour cardio, Level 3 of 30-Day Shred

Saturday: 5 Mile run

Sunday: Level 3 Shred + BBBC Blast (see below) + 30 mins cardio

Day 64 + 65 (May 30 + 31): This is the last weekend of the BBBC and time to blast those bikini bodies! This weekend we are going to do 3 intense workout videos:

Full Body Workout

Butt Blaster

Push Up Side Plank

For those of you have have never checked out Exercise TV before you definitely should! They have hundreds of free workout videos. You can ever search by what type of exerciser you are! Very cool.

Enjoy the last weekend of your BBBC!

food thumb34   The Last Weekend: BBBC Plan

This morning I got up early and was experimenting with a new recipe- this time for delicious Blueberry Oat Streusel Muffins…YUM!

img 2344 thumb   The Last Weekend: BBBC Plan

These muffins rocked!!

img 2334 thumb   The Last Weekend: BBBC Plan

Eric and I ate outside this morning it is so nice out!

He had- get this- 4 blueberry muffins!- and I had 2. They are addicting!

img 2345 thumb   The Last Weekend: BBBC Plan

I love a little Becel Olive Oil Margarine on them!

img 2346 thumb   The Last Weekend: BBBC Plan

This was our pre-run snack. We are off for our bike/run-athon now :) I am hoping for 5 miles today! I am really enjoying doing 2 strong runs per week now with cross training on other days. I think my joints are thanking me!

I hope you all are enjoying a healthy and fun Saturday morning!!

Today’s question: What is the best exercise tip anyone has ever told you?

For me, it was probably when someone told me that I could do exercise until I was blue in the face, but if I didn’t enjoy it, I would never see the results I was after. It totally makes sense to me now, even though at the time I didn’t get it.

PS- You can track Frayed Laces in the Ironman race today!! Her bib is 1252!!

See you this afternoon for some exciting news!

angela signature thumb78   The Last Weekend: BBBC Plan

The best index to a person’s character is
a) how he treats people who can’t do him any good and
b) how he treats people who can’t fight back.
~ Abigail Van Buren ~

Moran (The Running Addict) May 30, 2009

I love the muffins! They look so good!

polly May 30, 2009

hi sweetie!! I just was catching up on OSG. Wonderful topics and questions, Angela cupcake! I do hope to blog a long, long time and have had to just balance my blog reading with my real life. Shoot, my real life includes blogging! :) It’s hard but you have to just pick a few to read on a regular basis or you’ll get blog brain. ;)

Anyways, just wanted you to know I love ya and I happened to mention you today in my short YIY green smoothie video!! As soon as it’s up, you’ll have to check it out! :P

XOXO

Biz May 30, 2009

I think Level 3 is my favorite to – for whatever reason I HATE level 2!

The muffins look delicious!

Susan May 30, 2009

Ohmygoodness, how did I not know about exercise tv??? Thanks for sharing!! :)

Becky May 30, 2009

Best exercise advice-”no pain no gain” JUST KIDDING! I think it’s one of the worst! I think the best exercise advice is to CHANGE IT UP…using different muscles in different ways AND keeping my sanity by not doing the same thing everyday is what works for me! The muffins look delish, no surprise coming from you :)

Help Meghan Run May 30, 2009

Best advice: rest days are important! Our body needs to recover and repair before we work it hard again. And I think I’m going to try the Shred tomorrow, I’m excited!

HelpMeghanRun.com

Juie May 30, 2009

TELL US!! How did you learn to enjoy excersise!?!

You should make apost on it!!

p.s. u have such a passion for exercise and we would all love to hear about it and how you made it such a passion and why you enjoy it so much!!

You inspire me!!! :]]

You help me “GLO”

Rachel May 30, 2009

those muffins look amazing! MMMMMMmmm….

Heather May 30, 2009

Thanks for the link to the exercise tv. I’m going to have to check it out this summer… definitely sounds like fun!

AWESOME muffins! Great way to start out the day! :)

The best “advice” someone ever gave me was when one of my older brothers taught me how to breathe while running. I use to get TERRIBLE side cramps even running a simple mile, and he told me to breathe it through my nose, out through my mouth, and breathe to the pace of my feet (4 steps while breathing in, 4 steps while breathing out). It worked like a charm… NO MORE SIDE CRAMPS! He definitely got me to like running! :)

Jennifer @ His N' Her Health May 30, 2009

Those muffins look great! Blueberry muffins are my favorite!

Shelby May 30, 2009

Mmm, blueberry muffins! My favorite =)

Hayley May 30, 2009

Mmm, blueberry muffins. Recipe please!

Mary-Jo May 30, 2009

Hey Angela. I saw your Green Monster recipe on another blog and wanted to pop in and give you a big ‘Thank You’ for that recipe!!! I started making it for myself for breakfast a few weeks ago. Then, one morning, my husband asked me to make enough for both of us. He loved it!! And, then, as if it couldn’t get any better, my two non-green eating kids asked me to make enough for them the next morning!!! Holy Cow!!! They heard me and my husband raving about how yummy it is ~ my husband, the great person he is, said he would consider it a dessert because of the sweetness. Of course, the word ‘dessert’ for breakfast sparked my kids’ curiosity! They are 5 and 9 and now ask for some Green Monster to go with their cereal in the mornings. I couldn’t be happier as I’ve tried so many different ways to get some greens in them and now they’re getting them in first thing in the morning!! What a great way to start an energetic, fun-filled day. Thank you so much!!

Ashley June 1, 2009

I love the quotes you post!