Sprouts ‘n Sun

Aunt Bun’s Dianthus is sprouting!!!

IMG_0270

I couldn’t believe my eyes. It has only been a week! She must have given it a magic touch. :D

The trees also took off in the last 2 days. I find once the buds start to open it is a QUICK process!

IMG_0267

The forest is going to be filling in very soon!

food I have a really fun update this morning from my sister Kristi! In case you are still wondering, Kristi is still doing amazing with her commitment to healthy eating and exercise!

She hasn’t had time to do a final update on her progress since she is working so much (and has 2 young boys!), but she is doing awesome regardless.

Here she is yesterday working out on my mom’s treadmill:

DSC02178

Enjoying a refreshing green monster afterwards and checking out OSG:

DSC02180

Isn’t she beautiful? :D What a lovely smile!

We were up LATE last night– as in 2am! Yikes. I am quite tired today! For some reason when I stay up late, I can’t sleep in because my body clock still wakes me up at the same time. Anyone else?

Of course I bolted to the kitchen for my morning pick me up:

IMG_0182

Look at all that glorious kale!

Ingredients:

• 1 T homemade almond butter
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 2 huge organic kale leaves
  • 1 bag of Celestial Seasonings Vanilla Strawberry Rose tea
  • 1/2 c unsweetened Almond Breeze
  • 1/2 c Original Almond Breeze

IMG_0187

It made this glass plus almost another 2/3 of a glass! :)

On today’s agenda:

• Buy MIL’s Mother’s Day gift
  • Buy DIL’s birthday gift
  • Buy Jen lingerie for her stagette May 9th
  • Workout (outdoors because it is beautiful out! Maybe hiking with Eric? He can fight off the snakes! haha)
  • Order Glo Bakery Business Cards (I can’t wait to show you my final design!)
  • Bookstore/research Diabetic cooking
  • Buy Canisters?
  • Yard Work

Shop 4 A Cause Update: We have over 30 entries now and I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am by these generous donations! Coach Purse, anyone??? See you this afternoon for more teasers!

Have a healthy + happy Saturday!

Angela_Signature

1 weight and meditate May 2, 2009

Last night I had the same problem – I was up until at least one (because I couldn’t sleep, not because I was having fun!) and I still woke up at the same time as always. I guess that’s just the old body clock trying to keep us on schedule. Morning is my favorite time of day anyways, so it’s okay! Yes, your sister is beautiful :)

2 Mara @ What's For Dinner? May 2, 2009

It’s official: I’m buying stuff for green monsters this week. I’m sick and tired of being tired all the time, and I’ve heard such wonderful things about the power of the green monsters. Maybe I’ll even post about them :)

3 Liz May 2, 2009

You have such a good looking family. You, your mom and sis are all very beautiul- must be those GMs!

4 Katrina (gluten free gidget) May 2, 2009

I do that too! I was up until 1 AM last night and as soon as the sun came peeking through the trees I was awake. It is so annoying sometimes. My husband could sleep all day, yet I am up at the butt crack of dawn. grrrr!
On another note… I really want to try to grow my own herbs. It just seems like they keep dying on me! I swear, I have a black thumb. Send some of Aunt Bun’s magic my way! :-)

5 Christina May 2, 2009

That vanilla strawberry rose tea sounds so good. I’ll have to look for it!

6 Courtney May 2, 2009

Your sista is GAAWWWGEOUS! :]

7 Courtney May 2, 2009

Yuck, I hate that lack of sleep feeling, too.

8 Heather May 2, 2009

What a great visit with your sister! You guys looks a lot alike… both very pretty :) !

Loving the almond butter in the green smoothie! Man, I am SOOO glad I tried that myself. AMAZING!

9 Crunchy Granola Girl May 2, 2009

Wow your sister looks great- I can see that you two are related!

10 Sherry May 2, 2009

Hi Angie,
Let me know if you find anything good in the diabetic cook books. Cory is diabetic and I’m always looking for new food. I have found most of them call for sugar replacments and a lot of pre made food. Oh and stevia is oh so horrible.
I try to look for things I can reduce the sugar and have lots of slow burn foods in it.
Let me know what you find.
Sherry
Have a great weekend. Love Bunnies sprouts.

11 Jennifer May 2, 2009

Coach Purse! How exciting. I am waiting to get my blender in the mail so I can try my first Green Monster! Your sister looks great!

12 Run Sarah May 2, 2009

You and your sister look so much alike — both so pretty! Have a wonderful day Angela!

13 polly May 2, 2009

you and your sis… BEAUTIFUL! :)

Love all the yums and outdoor pics, too. You are a ray of sunshine, Angela girl. XOXO

14 MaryBe May 2, 2009

You, your Mom, and your sister look so much alike!
Congrats on your green thumb! Maybe you can grow your own ingredients for your Green Monsters!

15 Leah @ Simply Fabulous Now May 2, 2009

I was actually thinking about Kristi yesterday & wondering how she was! Glad she is doing well!! She looks great!

16 Shannon May 3, 2009

Question..this might be a dumb one but do you put the whole tea bag in? or do you cut it and just put the contents of the tea bag in?