Feeling Good

Good morning!

For whatever reason this morning, I was wide awake after only 6.5 hours of sleep! My tummy was growling and I was excited about everything I want to do today. It is such a 180 for me to wake up on a week day and feel excited about my day ahead. I really can’t get over it! I wake up every morning with so much energy and passion to do what I love doing. What could be better than that?

I think my ‘Wedding Dress Plan’ is already working! I am feeling great. Last night I meant to post that I had more leftover kale soup and a piece of avocado toast for dinner. After dinner I was still hungry so I had a large carrot and then a tea. For my night time snack I had a big juicy navel orange. Instead of my regular snack (Spelt cereal + banana + Almond Breeze) I am going to be having a piece of fruit after dinner.

By doing this, I will save about 150-200 calories. Because I am not eliminating my after dinner snack, I do not feel deprived, but I am still making small cut backs that will add up over the course of the next 2 weeks. This is a great trick for anyone looking to shed those last pounds. It is all about making healthier and lower calorie substitutions!

Along with my daily workouts on the elliptical, I surely hope that this will be enough to get me back in the dress and not busting out of it! I am not sore one bit after my workout yesterday. That is the beauty of non impact exercise! :)

I think as a last resort if, God forbid, it doesn’t zip up all the way, I could take out the bra inlets. There are some pretty hefty inserts in the dress, and I think if I took those out it would give me an extra inch or two to allow the dress to zip up.

Green Monster Breakfast

img 6529   Feeling Good

img 6530   Feeling Good

img 6531   Feeling Good

My energy has been through the roof lately and I think that is definitely from the green monsters + CFW! Day 12…

Some of you have asked what my plans are for continuing Crap Free Week. It is my plan to continue it until March 15th (when I have my wedding dress photography shoot), and then slowly re introduce sugar thereafter.

Today’s Agenda:

• Drive Eric to Toronto (We are still on 1 car since his car is in the shop!)
  • Groceries for lunch
  • Lunch with my sister in law and niece!! (Stirfry??)
  • Work on Glo Bakery
  • Work on new Oh She Glows website
  • Clean/dishes/etc
  • GYM
  • Blog
  • Yoga

See you this afternoon! :)

“It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.” ~ A Cohen.

Sally March 4, 2009

I love waking up in a good mood! Glad to see the spring is back in your step.

brandi March 4, 2009

yay for waking up ready to go – i love when that happens.

I made a green monster today! Not a neon green as yours, but it was tasty :)

Mara @ What's For Dinner? March 4, 2009

I totally love waking up on the “right side of the bed”!! Have a great day!

Lesley March 4, 2009

I bet you’ll get into that dress with no problems! : )

I love the color of your green monster in that picture, it’s looking extra green ; )

Have a lovely Wednesday!!

Anna March 4, 2009

all these green monsters makes me wish i had access to a blender! they look so good!

Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) March 4, 2009

Yay for energy!!!

kelsey March 4, 2009

Fellow Canadian here!

I haven’t had a chance to reply to your email re: injury training. I know you’re gungho on the elliptical but some quick things that help me keep sane during the down time.

1. Bike fitness translated to run fitness. It’s weird I know. But if you want to keep up you run fitness then hop on the bike and cycling to your heart content!
2. Water Running. It’s fun and a little strange. Kickin’ it with the seniors! A insane all over workout.
3. Can you walk? With my stress fracture I’m allowed to walk to my hearts content. It’s a real sanity savour.
4. Find something else that fills that void regarding emotional release. I needed something that got my release so I started rock climbing. It’s awesome! Works every part of you, I feel like I just played chess while running a marathon!

Just some things that helped me through… I’ve got 100′s more!

Jacklynn March 4, 2009

good morning!!

i tried my first green monster today and was PLEASANTLY surprised! thank you, thank you for a wonderful healthy treat at any time of day! look forward to trying more versions of the green monster!

look foward to seeing the new site, how exciting!

Sarah March 4, 2009

im loving your wedding dress plan, its so inspiring the healthy way you’re doing it!

Marisa (Trim the Fat) March 4, 2009

sounds like a great day!! That green monster pic is beautiful!!

Brooke March 4, 2009

Your wedding dress plan sounds so healthy – I’m sure your dress will fit perfectly by March 15!

Love your blog – it’s so inspiring!

bobbi March 4, 2009

I am so exctied for you and this whole dress thing what a cool deal!

strawberryshortstuff March 4, 2009

i had a lovely green treat this morning too – and i have to say, they make me feel fantastic! i love starting my day with them and it is all thanks to you!

VeggieGirl March 4, 2009

Hooray for feeling GRRRRRREAT!! As Tony the Tiger would say ;-)

Good luck with your agenda for the day!!

Sally March 4, 2009

I meant to ask this earlier – for your elliptical workout, what speed do you pedal at?