Tour of Mexico

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

I hope you are all having a great start to your Friday. :) I am just heading out soon to drive Eric to work and then do a couple errands in Toronto. It is SO mild here again today! All the snow is almost gone and I couldn’t be happier!

Yesterday was gorgeous- 8 degrees C and sunny…today is about the same temp only rain. I so have spring fever! Stay tuned for a video I shot yesterday coming up on Oh She Glows!

Day 7: Crap Free Week

I can’t believe it is Day 7 already of CFW! I honestly think I can go longer than a week. Last night was pretty hard, but I was able to squash the sugar cravings with some Spelt cereal + Almond breeze, unsweetened applesauce and some raisins.

I had a moment of weakness in the kitchen around 8:30pm….I wanted some sweets! But I decided that I would make a peppermint tea and walk away from the kitchen. I repeat, walk away from the kitchen! LOL.

Since I am still having sugar cravings, I wonder if I extended my CFW a bit longer if they would eventually go away all together? What do you guys think?

I started off my morning with a delicious Green Monster of course. Yesterday I didn’t get 2 GM’s in so today I am going to be sure to do so. I bought some super sweet frozen pineapple at Wal-Mart yesterday and I think it is going to be fabulous in a smoothie this afternoon.

My morning GM was all veggie as usual for CFW!

img 6272   Tour of Mexico

• 4 organic kale leaves
  • 1/2 c. low fat soy milk + 1/2 c. Almond Breeze in Original
  • 1 Tbsp flax
  • 3 ice cubes

I do NOT recommend this smoothie combo for Green Monster Beginners! heh. The key to this all veggie smoothie is to BLEND BLEND BLEND until you can’t blend anymore.

I spy with my little eye…..something that is….

img 6277   Tour of Mexico

GREEN!

img 6279   Tour of Mexico

The lovely rain melting all our snow!!! YAY!

img 6280   Tour of Mexico

Look what I found on the floor this morning!!!!!!

Sketchie tried to eat Eric’s Pumpkin muffins that I packed him for a snack at work today :(

img 6274   Tour of Mexico

I guess Sketchie couldn’t beat HIS sugar cravings last night!!! hahaha.

I guess these muffins are a hit! lol.

Still no word on the bone scan verdict yet! I know they said it would be 7-10 days but for some reason I think maybe they were just over-estimating…? lol.

Since it is a gloomy day outside I thought I would put up a couple beautiful pictures from December 2007- our trip to Mayan Riviera Mexico (where we got engaged)…

“Paradise Beach”

mexico pictures 218   Tour of Mexico

“Xel-Ha” We snorkeled here…it was amazing

mexico pictures 372   Tour of Mexico

Before snorkeling:

mexico pictures 405   Tour of Mexico

Ate great Mexican food:

mexico pictures 436   Tour of Mexico

Playa Del Carmen:

mexico pictures 528   Tour of Mexico

Did a tequila tour…lmao

mexico pictures 533   Tour of Mexico

And explored caves

mexico pictures 626   Tour of Mexico

Awww I feel much better now…. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question of the day: What celebs do you admire for their good fashion sense?

Mine: Anne Hathaway, Halle Berry, Blake Lively, Jennifer Anniston…to name just a few.

VeggieGirl February 27, 2009

Gorrrrgeous photos!! Total paradise!!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

Lesley February 27, 2009

hey girl!

so, i’ve been seeing your Green Monsters all over people’s blogs and i decided to venture on over to your blog : )

i still haven’t tried a Green Monster because I don’t have any kale at the moment but I’m very excited to try one and i love your blog!

p.s. happy FRIDAY!! ; )

Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) February 27, 2009

Oooh Mexico..I want to go!

kaneil February 27, 2009

I want to go to Mexico!!! Great pics!

Way to kick those cravings last night. I’m not sure if extended it will kill the cravings all together. They may even be heightened since you’re thinking about “not eating sweets” so much. That’s normally what happens to me. I’ve actually gone several months without them, but the second I let myself “have a little bite” after a loooooong break from sweets, I was hooked again. I know my Sweet Tooth is forever. :)

Kaneil, balanceisbest

brandi February 27, 2009

love the mexico pics and can’t wait to see the video!

I love that sketchie needed his sugar last night – that is too funny!

brandi February 27, 2009

oh, and for fashion, I love:

Natalie Portman
Jennifer Aniston
Zooey Deschanel (crazy sometimes, but unique)
Anne Hathaway

foodsthatfit February 27, 2009

I have never been to Mexico, but it sounds fabulous! I am impressed with your willpower from junk food, keep it up!

Erin February 27, 2009

Your sugar free week is inspiring me!
I am thinking of giving it a try as I have a chocolate problem, but I’m scared! Haha.

jenngirl February 27, 2009

Oh I love Mexico! A Tequila tour sounds right up my alley :) Gorgeous photos!!

Glad you’re feeling so great about CFW!

Leah February 27, 2009

I love those mexico photos!
Yummy green monster!

Becca A February 27, 2009

There was a long period of time I could not leave anything on the counter because I would come back to it with bite marks all over it, including bananas!

Glad CFW is going fairly well for you. I think I read before that sometimes when you have a craving for one thing you should have something opposite (ie crave sugar, have some salt). No idea if its true or not.

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) February 27, 2009

Oh man, Anne Hathaway is SO classic. And I often love Reese Witherspoon (this year’s Oscar dress not my fave, but last year’s, OMG).

theoddbod February 27, 2009

lucky you with your melted snow, grrr

Mara @ What's For Dinner? February 27, 2009

I wanna go to Mexico!!!
I totally love when celebs don’t flaunt brands or too much skin. Can’t think of one off the top of my head, but I think you know what I mean!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? February 27, 2009

I wanna go to Mexico!!!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? February 27, 2009

I wanna go to Mexico!!!

Emily February 27, 2009

I’m really hoping spring will be here soon, too!

I love Rachel Bilson’s style!

Bec February 27, 2009

Jennifer Anniston, she always looks great but never like she is trying. Classic but casual!

Mariposa February 27, 2009

i actually kind of like Jessica Alba’s style.. she dresses how i dress, i think thats the thing.. always low-key and casual- but she always looks put together!

Jenny February 27, 2009

My favorites are Reese – love the classic but so feminine look (but not so much at the Oscar’s this year) and Rachel Bilson – love the casual, boho look

yogurthoney February 27, 2009

Beautiful photos! and I love sienna millers style, very hippie chic.

sweetandnatural February 27, 2009

I gave you an award! Head on over to my blog to check it out. :-)

Melissa February 27, 2009

I always love the pics. Good luck with the scan results.

Megan February 27, 2009

Ah, I want to go to Mexico! I am going on a cruise to Cozumel in April- can’t wait! Your pics are gorgeous.

My celebrity style crush is definitely Anne Hathaway, Blake Lively, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, and always Kate Hudson.

Happy Friday!

Ilham February 27, 2009

Beauuutiful pix!!! u seriously rock the bikini :) cant wait to enjoy Mexico’s amazing beaches.
Concerning the almond butter, it is actually what we make in the south of Morocco. u process ur almonds just like how u did except that we add ARGANE OIL, which is an explosif od nutrients and healthy fats. and the mix of the two is what we call AMLOU. and we can keep AMLOU outside, but i dono if u can do that without adding the oil.
I hope u’ll hear some good news abt the bone scan. Have a magnificient week end.

Michelle Hisae February 27, 2009

Only speaking of fashion, I must admit, Lauren Conrad has great style. You can tell she developed it on her own and translated it into her own fashion line.

I also like Rachel Bilson, Peaches Geldof and Ashley Olsen.

Jacklynn February 27, 2009

love the pics!

and my fav is jennifer aniston! always polished even if she is in a pair of jeans and a T!