My New Goal

Hey everyone!

I love Saturdays! I finally got caught up my on my sleep last night- a full 8 hours worth. It felt good! :D

We didn’t end up going out to a movie because we couldn’t decide if there were any that we wanted to see badly enough. Many of the movies out now didn’t get rave reviews so we just decided to wait. Then, we decided around 10pm we were going to go for a walk around the city, so we got bundled up and headed out! To rain! Ugh…it was pouring rain so we had to head back inside. I was feeling a bit stir crazy so I decided to get much of my weekend cleaning out of the way early. :D It is nice to wake up to a clean place!

Here is a picture of the Oatmeal Raisin Toffee cookies that I made for Eric’s other co-worker. They are DELICIOUS and savory and scrumptious! Despite having a hard time getting them off the pan (thanks Skor bits!), they were so delicious. I am baking his coworker Jason cookies because he is putting our winter tires on our car for free– score!! (skor?)

Going into the oven:

img_1479

Result: Chewy, savory, soft cookies!

img_1481

YUM!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This morning we have a guest breakfast to feature from the lovely Erin from http://singerin.blogspot.com !

She writes, “The first one is my oatmeal with cranberry jam inside and my first drink of the day,coffee!

2001

Cranberry jam…sounds interesting!

She also says, “The second is my last drink of the day….haha….I know it’s not food but it’s an after-thought after a delicious dinner”

november_erin_1_109

“I like how the pic from my blog is looking at it”

Great pics- thanks Erin!!!

Stay tuned for a guest dinner post tonight! mmm….it is a good one!

If you would like to show other readers what you are having for breakfast, lunch, or dinner- submit your photos to ohsheglows@gmail.com !

Exciting announcement everyone!

I finally decided on the half marathon that I am going to run this Spring! After realizng to my huge disappointment that the Toronto Women’s Marathon is full (it capped at 1,000…wtf!?), I decided to register for the Mississauga Marathon on May 10th 2009! My goal is to be ready to run the half marathon!

Yay!!!

frontpage_8152008

I also found this training program for a half marathon, that starts 6 months before the race:

2hr-2hr15min

Does anyone have any tips they can give me for training for a half? I am a bit confused about this program- when it says do a tempo run 2 miles- does that 2 miles include the warm up and cool down?

Well, I am off to have some cereal and then go workout! Hope you are having a wonderful start to your weekend!

“I always loved running…it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs.”
Jesse Owens

1 Leah November 15, 2008

Congrats!! That would be great!! Mine is in April that i’m hoping to run.. maybe we could train “together” !!! Have a good weekend.

2 Angela November 15, 2008

Leah That would be fun!! Are you following a training program?

3 Leah November 15, 2008

Not yet but I will be. I’m a member of runnersworld.co.uk and there are a number of training programs on there!

4 VeggieGirl November 15, 2008

Hooray for Saturdays, great night of sleep, Oatmeal Raisin Toffee cookies (holy yum), a fun guest breakfast post, and signing up for the half-marathon!!!! Excellent!!!!

I recommend checking out http://www.runnersworld.com/ for training tips.

5 Meghann November 15, 2008

Awesome quote from Jesse Owen.. he went to my college (Ohio State) and a lot of our gyms on campus are named after him :)

Congrats on your marathon decision! I would love to become a runner, but I find it to be soo hard. I run out of breath so easily and almost feel like I have asthma :(

6 Kaneil November 15, 2008

Congrats on choosing a half-marathon. I’m still trying to choose one around here. I am looking forward to keeping up with everyone during the training months.

Oh, and the cookies look incredible!

7 Angela November 15, 2008

Veggiegirl Thanks for the website referral- I checked it out and it has toooons of info!

MeghannWow that is so awesome that he went to your school! :D

Kaneil Let me know what race you decide! I am thinking about keeping a tally of what races each of OCG’s readers are training for!

8 haya November 15, 2008

i had that EXACT SAME disappointment last week. i was so excited about the women’s marathon and i was just waiting to find out if i’d be in this area for sure next may to register.
drat.

my running goal for next year is to cut down my half marathon time by 20 or so minutes. i’m planning to register for 3 throughout the summer/fall. i’m on the hunt for great races and the women’s one sounded fantastic. oh well.
i’ll probably maybe sign up for mississauga since it’s close and at a decent time. i did ottawa last year and i was quite disappointed with the organization of the race.
i started my off season training last week. while it’s hard for me to not be out running all the time, i know this is when i need to work on muscle strength.

9 Liz November 15, 2008

Hey, this is unrelated to this post, but I thought you’d be more likely to see it here than on the right post! I think I noticed that you’re in Canada and I was wondering where you managed to get REN products. I can’t seem to find them around here.

10 Elizabeth November 15, 2008

Yay! I have temporary plans to run a half-marathon next October. I ran a 10K over the summer, and thought that was my limit, but my Aunt did very well in one last month, and I am tempted to try to run it next year– She has really inspired me!. It will be great to see someone else training as I work up to that, too (though for a later date, obviously).

Have a great Saturday!

11 Erin November 15, 2008

Thanks for the feature & shout-out :-) ! Good luck training for the marathon, you go girl!

12 Erin November 15, 2008

P.S I did a little “shout-out” of my own over at my blog :z

13 Angela November 16, 2008

Thats awesome gals- we can train for a half together!

Liz See my Favorite’s page (tab called ‘Shop’) for the Ren products and other beauty, fitness, health products that I LOVE: