You know a weekend was fun when you wake up on Monday morning feeling like you need to sleep for 53 hours. (That’s also the sign of a good vacation!) It’s the classic weekend hangover and it often lingers well into Tuesday. My solution is to relive random phone photos, creep other people’s weekend on Facebook, and make plans for next weekend. It’s sometimes the only way that Monday can be tolerated.
1. Dairy-free gelato. Chocolate Alphabet & Casa del Gelato in Oakville, is becoming a problem. And by problem, I’m referring to the mountain of cute bowls and spoons that I insist on hoarding and washing for future photography purposes. Don’t ask.
ps- lemon for the win!
2. Mums that last for 3 weeks (what the….?), repurposed in a couple jars.
3. Beautiful roses from my niece and nephew. xo
4. Seeing dogs so disgustingly perfect, I had to snap a pic immediately. Cannot handle the cuteness!
5. Enjoying one of my favourite vegan meals at Paradiso restaurant. It’s a Portobello steak and was frickin’ fabulous.
6. wine & loved ones
7. Cards. Note: Trying to teach someone Euchre at the end of the night is probably not the best idea. Just throwing that out there. ;)
8. Getting a tweet that KD Lang & crew are enjoying my vegan recipes via a caterer backstage! [Image via
9. Blurry couple portrait #645364.
10. Tequila shots gone wrong. Thank you broken salt container.
11. Sunday morning.
12. Homemade brunch & a Timmy’s coffee run!
13. Served with Raw Triple Berry Fruit crisp.
14. Whole Foods Salad Bar.
15. Necessary hangover food. PS- You were right about the baked S&V Kettle chips!! New fav.
16. Repurposing the raw triple berry crisp into a salad with shredded kale, coconut oil, and balsamic vinegar. Very good idea.
17. Enjoying the sun and a wonderful new book after a rainy weekend. Note the highlighter. ;)
Until next time!
That looks like the PERFECT weekend. Great food, awesome company, and fun festivities!! I want to visit that gelato shop – looks delicious!
Looks like a fabulous weekend.
And KD Lang!!
Also, Coconut Bliss – love it.
I love your re-cap. And I had a major weekend hangover this morning. It took two cups of coffee to get me going and even then I whined for a while. The berry crisp looks so refreshing I must make! And I love the tequila gone wrong shot, so funny. I hope you enjoy your week! I made sure to get in my salad a day :)
Ahhh, you just reminded me that I have Coconut Bliss ice cream in MY freezer…I think you know where I’m headed after I click ‘submit’ ;)
Nevermind, I lied. It’s actually So Delicious I have. But Coconut Bliss IS on sale at my health food store this week, so I plan to stock up on it haha
Ever read the Teany cookbook? (I think you’ve mentioned visiting the restaurant, although it’s been gone for some time now.) I’m not a hangover person, but I LOVE teany’s grilled cashew-butter sandwich (it’s definitely a food I’ve eaten obsessively) and it is–according to the cookbook–the world’s most perfect hangover food.
Seriously, how do you top a weekend like this! Wow Ang. Are you serious, with Kd Lang?! How cool! Hope you catch up on some rest tonight. ;)
Hahahahhaha the coconut bliss and brita picture is my fav. Such a classic ;)
Looks like an excellent weekend! :) P.S. I LOVE that book! It, along with your blog, inspired me to ‘take a leap’ to follow my passion for all things nutrition, health, & wellness back in 2010! I ended up enrolling at Integrative Nutrition, and have never been more excited about everything in life! Thank you for being such an inspiration, Angela! xoxo
So glad to hear that Ashley! Congrats on your life change :)
Love that Portobello ‘steak’… can’t wait for your recipe of it to come out!
This looks like a wonderful weekend – just beautiful!
Cononut ice cream and salt and vinegar chops, two of my favorite things…yum!
wat a awesome wknd! and im cracking up about the hoarding the cups i do the same thing with the whole foods icecream cups because there so cute !
Wow, so cool about KD Lang! Looks like an awesome weekend. How is the book?
Sounds like a perfect weekend!!
Oh good LORD the variety of tasty-looking food photos in the post has made me so hungry!
Great photos! I can see that you really had a great weekend. I love the gelato and the dogs are so cute. How I wish I have one of those dogs as my own. huhu..they’re so cute can’t get enough of them.
oh my goodness – there is so much from your weekend that I want in my life! Portobella Steaks?! Please recreate and share! and KD Lang nom-ing on your recipes?!
and i LOVE that you play Euchre. I’m from Indiana, and since I’ve moved to Utah, no one has even heard of Euchre, so I miss playing it.
what a beautiful and enjoyable weekend!
How cool that KD Lang is getting your recipes; love her! I’m in Oakville too and my husband and I often go to Paradiso for their yummy Vegan menu offering…I don’t know anywhere else downtown that does one so it’s made me a loyal fan. Also, those two Goldens are a regular sight when we go for walks down by the lake. My kids like to wave to them :)
Love gelato! Next time you are in Toronto, you should check out Soma Chocolatiers (2 locations- King St. West and Distillery District). They have beautiful and delicious flavour combinations of gelato. College Street has tons of variety, Dolce gelato is my fav. there!
Thanks for the tip!
Miss me some timmy ho’s!!!!! Happy b-lated.
Jeez Louise, whatta weekend: You are basically showing the rest of us how it’s done, aren’t you?
Also? KD LANG FTW!
YUMMMMMMM – that is some of the tastiest looking vittles I’ve seen in a while. It actually made me hungry – I will now go eat!