Saturday Morning Grumpy Face

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on July 17, 2010

Can you believe it is already Week 5 of the Farmer’s Market? It makes me sad because that means summer is flying by too quickly! I can not believe that it is July 17th. I just can’t! *sniff.

Last night, Eric and I were running a couple errands and we had the windows down in the car and the music cranked (Billionaire! bahaha). It was one of those ‘I love summer so unbelievably much’ moments. There was a gorgeous sunset and the air was crisp and fresh. I felt like sticking my head out of the window, but I restrained myself.

Today’s Glo Bar flaaavas:

IMG_2852

Chocolate Peanut Butter macaroons!

IMG_2856

Truly unbelievable…I wish I could give all of you one!

IMG_2860

NEW this week…

IMG_2831

Presenting Crunchy Peanut Butter Maple Macaroons

IMG_2833

The crunch = rice crisp cereal. Oh gosh they are so good. They also have maple butter in them! Mmmm.

I also modified my Cherry, Banana, and Coconut Butter Bread recipe and made Dark chocolate chip banana bread

IMG_2840

IMG_2847

Modifications:

• Added 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
  • Used maple butter in place of coconut butter
  • No cherries (they didn’t have any organic at the market last week)

Awesome.

IMG_2844

I sliced it up and wrapped them up for sale individually.

I woke up with the song ‘Stay’ by Lisa Loeb in my head. It’s still in my head as I type this. We heard it in a store last night and I sang every word to the song and Eric goes…’What song is this and why do you know all the words…?’ LOL, men….I tried explaining to him that the song was the anthem of my 90’s, but he didn’t get it.

This morning I had to pull out all of the ‘wake me up’ stops.

Wake me up 1)

Tea in a CAT mug.

IMG_2915

It’s the little things.

Wake me up 2)

Breakfast this morning was Vegan Overnight Oats (1/2 cup oats, 1.25 cup almond milk, 2 tbsp chia seeds, 1/4 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate Amazing Meal) along with a chopped banana I added in afterwards.

IMG_2910

So thick and doughy!

IMG_2912

Couple things to note:

• I doubled the chia seeds from 1 tbsp to 2 tbsp for more satiety today
  • I whipped the VOO for about 3-4 minutes with a whisk before placing it in the fridge. I swear this made it thicker!
  • If you are having problems with your VOO being too liquidy, you need more chia seeds! I had to add an extra 1/4 cup of milk this AM because mine got too thick!

Wake me up 3)

My favourite MAC Select concealer for the eyes

IMG_2925 IMG_2926

I resorted to cutting open the end to get it all out. Ladies, don’t try to act like you don’t do this! If you have tried this MAC cover-up you will know why I did that.  :biggrin:

I also packed a couple In a Jiffy Curry Chickpea burgers for us to snack on around lunchtime! I love these so much I am thinking of turning them into a Savoury Protein Breakfast Bar.

Well, I better pack up the car and head to the Oakville Organic Market..see you later!

PS- Don’t forget to enter the picture poll– there is a tie right now…it’s going to be a close one!

Page 2 of 2«12
Jenn @ So Very Fabulous July 17, 2010 at 1:06 pm

The macaroons look absolutely divine! So does the dark chocolate chip banana bread. I’m hoping to try making the Cherry Banana Coconut bread recipe this weekend. Hopefully today if I have time!

You gotta get every last bit of that concealer out of there! Looks like you’ll have used up yours pretty soon. I love MAC’s Back to MAC recycle program where you can bring in 6 empties from used up products and get a free lipstick, gloss or eye shadow! I’ve got a stack of empties waiting to be turned in for some new goodies. :)

Karly (Becoming My Best Self) July 17, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Ange, I just realized I forgot my dark chocolate chip banana bread in the cooler today :( I’m sooo bummed, especially after seeing these photos and realizing what I’m missing out on now!
Hope the afternoon went well and you and Eric stayed cool :) xoxo P.S. The peanut butter chocolate macaroons didn’t last the ride home haha! Delicious!

AngelaOSG July 18, 2010 at 2:59 pm

I know I realized when we packed up that you left it!!! =( So sad…I wanted you to try it!
Thanks for your amazing help as always! Will miss you…maybe I can pester you to come out a bit in sept or oct haha

bitt July 17, 2010 at 2:08 pm

so wish i was there to have a bite of everything!

i hardly wear concealer but the undereyes need it sometimes.

bianka (bananas for bananas) July 17, 2010 at 2:09 pm

I use that same concealor! I never thought of doing that though. I’m going to get the scissors now….concealor, be scared muahaha

[email protected] July 17, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Wow, all of your baked goods look amazing! I dream about starting my own bakery someday. You are such an inspiration! I really want some of your macaroons :-)

zoe July 17, 2010 at 2:21 pm

ahh! i love your cat mug! so cute :) (am i a future cat lady in the making? maybe :p!)

and i am dying to make that bread! it looks so delicious! have a good farmer’s market day :)

Casey @ Chasing Casey July 17, 2010 at 3:57 pm

PB and Maple. Sounds like you just won my heart.
I love how easy the chickpea burgers sound. Definitely going to make some this week !

Diana @ frontyardfoodie July 17, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I love those summer moments. I hate when summer is over!!! That’s why I’m cherishing every sweaty, hot, sunny moment of the season.

Rachel July 17, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Banna bread looks great…I love chocolate chips in banana bread, they are also FABulous in Zucchini Bread. Good luck today :)

Chelsey July 17, 2010 at 6:39 pm

I neeeeed chia seeds! Thanks for the tip about making the overnight oats thicker! I will definitely be trying that tonight!

Anya @ Fitness & Sunshine July 17, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Mm macaroons! Makes me want to make some right now/ I’m actually planning on it and have all the ingredients… and they’re gonna be vegan. :)

Andrea @ Sweet N Green July 19, 2010 at 10:47 am

Chocolate Peanut Butter Macaroons?! Those. Look. Amazing.

Kaitlin With Honey July 20, 2010 at 8:42 pm

1) Those Crunchy Peanut Butter Maple Macaroons made my mouth water. WOW.

2) I totally youtubed “Stay” and now have it stuck in my head, too! Love that song.