Aww chia. So we meet again.
Let’s recap the health benefits of chia:
- More fibre than bran
- 3x more antioxidants than blueberries
- 15x more magnesium than broccoli
- 3x more iron than spinach
- Helps with hydration
You can make a ‘power gel’ by just mixing it with water (water to chia ratio of 9:1).
On Sunday, I decided to make a super healthy post-run recovery snack.
Repair and Recover Vegan Chia Pudding
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (soy, almond, hemp, rice, etc)
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon Sweetener to taste (agave, maple syrup, brown rice syrup, etc)
Directions: Mix chia, water, and milk together and stir for about 1 minute or two. Next add in the carob or cocoa (optional) and sweetener to taste. Stir for another minute and then pop it into the fridge for about 10-15 minutes. Remove from fridge and stir for another 20-30 seconds. Now enjoy your delicious, energizing, and antioxidant packed chia pudding! You can heat it up in the microwave too. Yields about 3/4 cup.
This is not your average pudding. I’m just going to say that right now. It’s a bit slimy!
Enjoy your day! :)