Do you want to win some fabulous Amazing Grass prizes as part of the Summer Glow Boot Camp?
Here is what is up for grabs!
- FOUR 8.5oz Amazing Grass powders
- Amazing Grass T-Shirt
- a shaker
What you have to do to enter:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me something you have learned about health, fitness, or nutrition in the past little while- can be from anywhere…school, an article, news, blog, etc.
- WANT 10 more entries??? Email me your green monster story to be featured on Green Monster Movement. You must send all of the following: your recipe, a picture, and a brief description. Email: [email protected] If you have already submitted your green monster, just email me and let me know.
- Contest closes Thursday July 23, 2009 at noon EST
- Contest open to US and Canadian residents only please.
Check out this picture I found on the website last night! At the finish line…I actually sprinted and caught up to these three people.
I wasn’t anywhere near this pack!
By the way, that wasn’t all the food I had yesterday!
There was more…
I ended up eating the rest of this Optimum bar!
It was just kinda sitting there….so…
In my belly it went! Nothing was safe near me yesterday!
I didn’t care for it much. Actually, I scraped off the icing and ate it plain. It was better without it. :) I gobbled that up and was still hungry before bed, so I had a few handfuls of cereal. I couldn’t believe it but when I went to bed I was still hunrgy! But, then I passed out from exhaustion. Eric was like, ‘I’m super hungry too’…lol…like I said, the spectator sport is HARD work! He slept for 4 hours yesterday afternoon! bahaha.
I can’t believe it, but I’m barely, barely sore at all today! This is absolutely mind-blowing to me because I am typically always sore after long runs, and I was very sore after my 10k race last month. I think my pre-and post race nutrition plus immediate and continued stretching throughout the day yesterday REALLY helped! I think I stretched about 5 times yesterday and then a long one in bed before I hit the hay. :) Stretching rocks!!!
This morning, I wanted to celebrate my race with a fun new Green Monster, I’d like to call
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bomb Green Monster
- 1/2 serving PC extra-firm organic tofu
- 3 cups steamed spinach (I made a big batch yesterday and put it in a glass pyrex dish)
- 1 T PC Just Peanuts Peanut Butter
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1/2 T carob powder
- 1/2 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate infusion powder
- 1 cup PC low-fat soy milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cubes ice
- 1/2 T coconut oil
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 small banana
Wow was this GM ever amazing!!! I felt like I was sipping on the smoothest, most luxurious drink ever. It was creamy, creamy, creamy! It actually made more than in the glass below and I quickly chugged it back straight out of the blender. ;)
I’ve got a crazy busy day of orders today (about 6!) so I need to get cracking in the kitchen.
Thank you to everyone for your congrats on my race!!! You all rock!
Have a great day!