Roasted Carrot and Dill Hummus

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on January 17, 2018

I just checked the version history of my Roasted Carrot and Dill Hummus Google Doc and realized that I first tested this hummus recipe on January 10, 2015. What the heck? THREE years ago?! #hellotimewarp Better late than never, I say…although I know a few people who are likely baffled by its turtle-paced cross to the finish line!

My kiddos are hummus fiends (they’ll actually eat it by the spoonful…I have no idea who they got that habit from…), and they gobbled up this roasted carrot version in no time. I like knowing that it’s packing a couple extra veggies—what’s not to love about a sneaky vitamin boost?

I know what you’re thinking: Ange, is this hummus really worth roasting carrots for? I agree, it’s sort of a big ask for a hummus recipe, but every time I make this version I’m reminded how much I LOVE the flavour combo. The smoky charred carrots just give it that little something-something…not to mention a bit of sweet creamy-dreamy-ness (technical term) alongside a hint of dill—so bright and fresh!

A couple fun tricks: Since I’m already roasting carrots for the recipe, I like to add a few extras along with some other veggies, like broccoli, for dipping into the hummus or layering in a wrap. So throw whatever veggies you have onto the roasting pan and go wild. Or you might even toss on a handful of chickpeas to get in on the roasting party—they’re also great in a wrap, served on salad, or sprinkled as a garnish on the hummus itself. Another trick I use now and then is to roast the carrots before bed and pop them into a container in the fridge overnight. The next day, the carrots are ready to be thrown into the food processor with the other hummus ingredients so it all comes together super fast.

Before I get to the recipe, I’d also like to mention that The Oh She Glows Recipe App is still on sale for 99 cents in the iTunes Store! (The Google Play Store operates separately from iTunes, and we weren’t able to extend the Oh She Glows app sale any longer with them, unfortunately—we’ll have to do another sale in the near future!) A huge thank you to everyone who has supported our app and left such great feedback! It means the world to us as this has been such a passion project.

5 from 13 reviews

Roasted Carrot and Dill Hummus

Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free

By

Roasted carrots and fresh dill lend this creamy hummus a lightly sweet and tangy flavour that’s downright irresistible! This recipe was love at first bite and has since claimed the number 1 spot in my homemade hummus repertoire. Because this version calls for roasted carrots, I sometimes like to make the most of that oven time by roasting a few extra veggies alongside for dipping. This hummus is lovely layered in wraps or sandwiches, paired with crackers and veggies, spread on toast, or served on top of warm veggie bowls or salads—or just eaten with a spoon (you know I do). I encourage you to play around with the amount of dill, lemon, oil, and/or garlic to find your perfect version. I purposely kept the lemon and dill pretty light so that you can tweak to taste. Thank you to She Likes Food for inspiring this delicious hummus flavour!

Yield
2 1/4 cups (560 mL)
Prep time
Cook time

Ingredients:

For the hummus:
  • 1 1/2 cups (200 g) peeled and diced carrots (2 to 3 medium chopped into 1/2-inch pieces)
  • 1 teaspoon (5 mL) untoasted sesame or olive oil
  • Pinch fine sea salt
  • 1 small garlic clove
  • 3 packed tablespoons (6 g) chopped fresh dill, or more to taste
  • 1 (14-ounce/398 mL) can chickpeas*
  • 1/4 cup (60 mL) tahini
  • 2 tablespoons (30 mL) fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
  • 4 tablespoons (60 mL) chickpea brine or filtered water, or more if needed**
  • 1 to 2 teaspoons (5 to 10 mL) untoasted sesame oil or light olive oil, to taste
  • 3/4 to 1 1/4 teaspoons fine sea salt, to taste
For garnish:
  • Ground cumin, ground coriander, and/or fresh minced dill (optional)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a roasting pan with parchment paper.
  2. Spread the diced carrots on the roasting pan. Toss them in the teaspoon of oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Roast for 32 to 37 minutes, until carrots are fork-tender and blackened on the bottom.
  3. About 5 to 10 minutes before your carrots are done roasting, place the garlic and fresh dill into a large food processor. Process until minced.
  4. Drain the chickpeas over a small bowl, reserving the chickpea brine, if using.
  5. Next add the drained chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, chickpea brine (or filtered water, if using), oil, and salt. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the side of the processor as necessary.
  6. When the carrots are ready, carefully transport them to the processor using the parchment paper as a handle to carry. Process the mixture again until smooth. I like to let the machine run for a couple minutes so it gets as smooth as possible. Taste and adjust ingredients as desired. Feel free to add more dill, lemon, salt, oil or water depending on your preferences.
  7. Serve the hummus with a sprinkle of ground cumin, coriander, and fresh minced dill, plus a drizzle of sesame or olive oil, if desired. Leftover hummus will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5 to 7 days.

Nutrition Information

Tips:

* If using freshly cooked chickpeas, please use only 1 cup. For some reason when using freshly cooked chickpeas, this hummus turns out on the thicker side. To keep from throwing off the other flavours, I recommend using just 1 cup of freshly cooked chickpeas in place of the 1 1/2 cups found in a 14-ounce can. This version will also produce a slightly smaller yield.

** Chickpea brine (or aquafaba) is simply the liquid found in a can of chickpeas. I find using aquafaba yields a creamier hummus, but the difference is slight. Feel free to use regular ol’ water if you wish!

Here’s a little behind-the-scenes action for ya! My photography studio is slowly being taken over by toys!! Send help.

Gini January 17, 2018 at 10:40 am

Hey, what kind of food blender/mixer do you use?

Cheer, Gini

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 17, 2018 at 11:38 am

Hey Gini! My food processor is a Cuisinart, but sadly I don’t recommend it as it’s broken in two different areas now. I don’t know if their quality has diminished or if I just got a dud. My blender is a Vitamix and I love it (I should try this hummus in it actually as I hear it makes it super smooth). :)

Michael Repose May 26, 2018 at 11:46 am
Recipe Rating:

I have a cuisinart also. there was a blade recall. It’s on their website.They sent me a free replacement blade. FYI……

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 27, 2018 at 1:35 pm

Hey Michael, Yes there was…I got the replacement last year thankfully! :) So glad to hear you enjoyed the carrot hummus so much too.

Stephanie January 17, 2018 at 12:16 pm

This looks fantastic! I love anything with fresh dill in it :)

What are the big round crackers(?) in the photo right next to the hummus? Looks like they have seeds and maybe raisins or cranberries in them? They look delish!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 17, 2018 at 1:17 pm

Thanks Stephanie! The crackers are called “Kii Naturals Organic Artisan Crisps” Raisin, Rosemary, and Pumpkin Seed flavour. I found them at Whole Foods and bought them for this photoshoot since they’re so pretty, and they are quite delicious! The sweetness pairs so well with the rosemary.

Laura @ Raise Your Garden January 18, 2018 at 10:26 am

I love dill too, it grows wild in my yard so in summer/fall I always have a ton of it. It used to be my grandmother’s house and she’s the one who planted it. I love how your kids eat hummus Angela, I wonder what you trick is and if it’s too late for my girls now that they are 5 and 7? I really wish they would eat it! So good for you. Gorgeous photo’s as always.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 18, 2018 at 2:43 pm

Hey Laura, Thanks so much for the kind words! :)
Hmm..I don’t know if I have any trick to share except luck of the draw maybe! Arlo will eat ANYTHING, and Adriana is quite hot and cold with food from day to day (her likes and dislikes change by the second it seems!), but I started offering it to her at a young age. I’m not sure that’s it though because I’ve offered a lot of foods from a young age that she still won’t eat. Actually, what I think it could be from is seeing her friends at school eat hummus (they have it as a snack a lot). I find at this age she models her friend’s behaviour a lot. Maybe if your kiddos see their friends eating hummus they will be more likely to try it? I also try to serve it different ways…as a dip…as a spread on wraps (one of her faves), mixed into pasta. I also find that if I ask her to help me make a certain food she’s a bit more likely to be open to trying it. So maybe making hummus together might help? Again, I think I got lucky with this one as there are many things she rejects at this age! I’m just waiting for Arlo to hit the picky toddler stage too…lol.

Addison January 17, 2018 at 1:06 pm

Hi Angela, thank you so much for another great recipe! This hummus looks so delicious, I am going to have to make it asap! I love all of the colors in it, it’s like my hummus dream. Speaking of time warp I discovered your blog in 2015 and it has since changed my life! I went through a severe health crisis that year and your blog helped me to recover and start eating real, whole foods again. The first recipe I made was your chickpea salad, which I still make often, and I was hooked! I can’t thank you enough for all your work on the blog, cookbooks and app, every single thing you create is so amazing! Just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you !

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 23, 2018 at 11:29 am

Hey Addison, Thank you so much for your sweet comment! It means the world to me that you think my blog and recipes have changed your life..WOW…I’m so so flattered and so lucky to be a part of your journey! Thank you! And I hope you enjoy the hummus if you try it out. :)

Larke January 17, 2018 at 3:16 pm

I’ve just discovered I can make hummus with my leftover almond pulp from making milk. Do you think I can sub that in here instead of chickpeas?

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 17, 2018 at 5:17 pm

Hey Larke, I’d love to hear how it goes if you try it out! I’m not sure to be honest. I’d probably start with a small amount and gradually add as I taste test. :)

Larke January 19, 2018 at 9:26 pm

It worked out perfectly with the almond pulp sub for the chickpeas. I added a bit more liquid but otherwise the flavor and texture are perfect. Thanks for the great twist on hummus!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 20, 2018 at 7:03 am

Oh wow, that’s GREAT!! Thanks for reporting back. Can’t wait to try this version.

Kathy January 17, 2018 at 3:46 pm

Angela, what could I substitute for chickpeas (or beans for that matter) in this hummus? My tummy isn’t friendly with beans, lol. I was thinking maybe sweet potato but wasn’t sure if Dill would mesh?

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 17, 2018 at 5:19 pm

Hey Kathy, That’s a tricky one for sure. My first thought was zucchini as it has a light flavour, but it’s really watery so I probably wouldn’t use more than 3/4 cup, or even less. Maybe cooked potato could work in combination with the zucchini (to add some more thickness)? I’m not sure about sweet potato either, but it could be delicious! I’d probably start with a small amount, process/taste test, and adjust it slowly to taste. Please let me know if you try anything out.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 18, 2018 at 7:47 am

Hey Kathy!
My tester Nicole just shared a fun chickpea-free variation she has tried in the past that she said I can share with you: Roasted cauliflower!! How genius. She said it worked well, but she had to add a bit more tahini. I think you would have to adjust the other ingredients too, like lemon and dill. Anyway, if you try anything out I’d love to hear how it goes!

Marcia January 18, 2018 at 3:49 pm

Hi Kathy, Have you ever tried Aduki (also known as Adzuki) beans? You can get a can of them by Eden Organic, just to try them. Also, they don’t add any salt so that makes them even better for us. I usually rinse them (all beans) and add some Imagine so salt vegetable broth when I heat them. They are VERY mild and are similar in flavor to black eye’d peas with just a hint of sweetness. They are great in everything from soups, salads, deserts (Yes, I said deserts – aka red bean paste – used in a lot of Japanese dishes even sweets – yum!). Also, have you ever used a strip of Kombu when cooking your beans? It’s a sea vegetable and helps to take some of the discomfort beans bring to the table. I use a 3″ strip (it’s dried & hard with a bit of (from the sea) salt at times. You can eat it when your beans are done, but I haven’t worked up to that yet! Hope this is helpful!

Brandon January 17, 2018 at 5:39 pm

Whoa, this looks delish! Our toddlers’ two favorite foods are carrots and plain hummus, so we’ll have to combine forces here ha. Might also try it out with some sweet potato too!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 18, 2018 at 7:39 am

My kiddos love it too…seems to be a match made in heaven! I just can’t go crazy with the lemon or my little guy makes all kinds of dramatic faces, lol.

Nicole | What She Ate January 17, 2018 at 8:19 pm

I’ve made carrot hummus in the past, but only ever with raw carrots. Roasting them seems like such a great idea to really bring out the sweetness. Thank you for sharing! I love this!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 18, 2018 at 7:39 am

It really does take it up a notch! I’d love to hear what you think if you try it. :)

Lynn January 17, 2018 at 8:52 pm

Hey Angela, another good recipe idea, roasted carrots in the hummus. I’ve tried it with roasted peppers and sun dried tomatoes…..this sounds interesting and yummy.Having a baby shower for my Daughter in law in a month or so. Think I will make this for the party:) Love the look of all the goodies on the table/cupboard. You always have such good ideas and love your recipes and the simplicity of many. Hugs.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 18, 2018 at 7:38 am

Hey Lynn, Thank you so much for such kind words! I’m so happy you love the recipes so much. I’d love to hear what you think of this hummus if you try it out.

Jackie January 17, 2018 at 9:15 pm

Hi Angela,

Love your blog and your cookbooks!
I’m just wondering if you know of any good sustitutes for tahini? We just found out that our 15 month old son has a sesame allergy, which makes most hummus recipes a no-go. I’d love to try this recipe, but wonder how it would turn out without the tahini?

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 18, 2018 at 7:43 am

Hey Jackie, Thanks for the cookbook love! :) Oh a tahini allergy that is tricky when delving into the hummus realm for sure. I have heard that some people use various nut butters like almond or peanut, but I haven’t tried it before. I have also read that some will swap the tahini for a light olive oil. Of course the flavours will change with any swap so it’ll probably take some experimenting! I’d love to hear what you try and if you liked it. :)

Erica January 21, 2018 at 11:46 am

I have tried subbing sunbutter for all hummus recipes, it is pretty nasty. I just use more olive oil. It doesn’t taste like true hummus, but my sesame allergic kiddo still likes it. I use it for spreads for sandwiches or dips.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 22, 2018 at 7:27 am

Oh I could see that with sunbutter…olive oil is a good call, for sure!

Georgia January 18, 2018 at 9:50 am

Looks amazing!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 18, 2018 at 2:46 pm

Thanks Georgia!

Nicole W. (Oh She Glows Recipe Tester) January 18, 2018 at 11:11 am

Hi Angela!
These pictures are gorgeous…and veggie inspiring!
I’m so happy to see this recipe. Every time I’ve made it, my family members smell the garlic + fresh dill being chopped in the food processor and they all wander into the kitchen to see what smells so enticing.

It’s such a delicious hummus that I have made it for my friend Jen to send to school with her daughter for snacktime. She’s happy to see this post today…Who could say no to a recipe full of veggies and fibre that a child will eat?!

I have to confess that I have been having your Hunky Heartbeet Soup for breakfast this week. Breakfast soup? Weird, right? But it is so frigid outside and the soup is so hearty, delicious and nourishing … a warming way to start the day. I highly recommend it!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 19, 2018 at 12:12 pm

I can totally get behind breakfast soup!! Especially this time of year…wow, it sounds so cozy. Actually there isn’t a time I wouldn’t eat soup, I’m pretty sure. ;)

Jennifer January 18, 2018 at 1:09 pm

I should try this recipe out. My kiddo LOVES hummus. I spread it on corn crackers and he just licks it off, then signals more, then licks it off again. Usually at this point he starts to eat the cracker. XD But he seemed to like this tofu-tahini-carrot dip I bought soo… roasted carrot hummus seems like a good idea!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 18, 2018 at 2:33 pm

That’s so cute Jennifer. I chuckled at the “signalling for more” comment. I put some on a spoon for Arlo, then he waves the empty spoon in the air at me for more. What a life! lol.

Sherryn January 18, 2018 at 1:32 pm

Will make this a travel go-to! What tahini do you use??? I have a brand I’ve been using for years but it is “difficult”. Yours looks like it has its act together!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 18, 2018 at 2:32 pm

Oh boy do I know what you mean about difficult tahini brands! I’ve been searching high and low. I really like the “New World Organics Sesame tahini” brand. It’s quite spreadable and the bottom doesn’t even get that hard/dry. I actually don’t remember where I bought it now!

Brody January 18, 2018 at 2:24 pm

I’m excited about the recipe, but mostly just excited that your kiddos have Marbleworks! I didn’t realize they still made those and simply must get a set for my nephew!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 18, 2018 at 2:29 pm

haha too funny. It was ALL Adriana wanted for Christmas this year!

Jocelyn Muir January 18, 2018 at 2:45 pm

Yum – this looks insanely delicious and will certainly feed my hummus addiction haha!
I’m so glad I came back to your blog again – I followed you way back when and used to purchase your GLO-BARS!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 19, 2018 at 12:11 pm

Welcome back, Jocelyn!! I remember you buying the bars (thank you!!). :)

Laurie L. January 19, 2018 at 5:03 am

Do you have any aquafaba recipes for the leftover chickpea water/brine?

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 19, 2018 at 12:07 pm

Hey Laurie, I’m sorry I don’t think I do, but I will have to start trying it as an egg sub in some of my recipes with flax eggs and such. :)

David Groulx January 19, 2018 at 2:18 pm

Thank you so much, your work is so funny and creative, and… delicious!!!!

My girlfriend is an HUGE fan of your food, and since all your books – and your app- are like the Holy Bible in our kitchen, I had the pleasure to meet your culinary art more than often.

But it’s the first time, tough, that i will try a recipee of your site on my own (shame on me and my boring comfort food!!!), since I am the house hummus maker.

Thanks to you again, your food make my taste buds buzz everyday!!!

David, from la province de Québec :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 20, 2018 at 7:09 am

haha David I love your comment…thanks for the smile!
Okay I’m a bit nervous now…your first OSG recipe…well, I hope it lives up to your expectations! eek! haha. I’d love to hear how it goes.
And that’s so amazing you and your girlfriend have enjoyed so many…I’m really flattered!

Izzy @ She Likes Food January 19, 2018 at 2:55 pm

This looks delicious, fresh and beautiful! It’s been so long since I’ve eaten roasted carrot and dill hummus and you’re reminding me that I need to make it happen again soon :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 20, 2018 at 7:08 am

Thanks for the inspo, Izzy! It’s honestly such a great combo.

Kate S January 21, 2018 at 9:48 pm

Just made it. It’s awesome. I can’t even stop licking the spatula long enough to get it from the blender into a bowl.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 22, 2018 at 7:16 am

Hey Kate, I’m so happy to hear that! Enjoy :)

Sean Mahan January 23, 2018 at 6:24 am
Recipe Rating:

Wow, this roasted hummus looks so delicious!! I can’t wait to try it myself. Thanks for posting!

Vegan Heaven January 23, 2018 at 5:42 pm

Yummy!! I can’t wait to try this hummus, Angela! The photos look absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE the colors! :-)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 24, 2018 at 11:45 am

Thanks so much..I hope you enjoy it!

Carm January 25, 2018 at 9:54 pm
Recipe Rating:

Made this recipe using canned lentils (I was out of chickpeas). So good!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 26, 2018 at 8:35 am

Hey Carm, Oh that’s so fun that it worked with lentils!! Awesome idea.

arven banal January 27, 2018 at 4:06 am
Recipe Rating:

This is very yummy and delicious recipe. the carrot itself made me crave for more. Thanks for sharing it. :)

Edwina January 28, 2018 at 8:59 pm

My kids love hummus (me too) and this recipe looks perfect with the carrot and dill. I know I’m going to love it and I’m hoping my kids will too! I love healthy snacks.

Amy January 30, 2018 at 10:49 am
Recipe Rating:

I made a version of this using cilantro instead of dill (I don’t really care for dill), white beans (I think they make a creamier hummus), and a bunch of sriracha and I loved it! I’m usually a hummus purist, but the sweetness from the roasted carrots is a really fun change. Using it to make hummus and veggie wraps for lunch at the office all week long!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 30, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Amy, your swaps sound SO GOOD! I’ll try it out sometime. Thank you!

Allie January 30, 2018 at 7:19 pm

I love this blog! The vegan community is so great because we all have one thing in common: WE ALL LOVE FOOD! :) I’m a vegan youtuber, I post recipes as well, and fitness tips! I’ll link my channel below if anyone wants to check it out!

Tereza January 31, 2018 at 2:46 am
Recipe Rating:

Even though I am not a dill fan, I decided to give it a try and followed the recipe exactly. And the outcome make me change my mind as the hummus is simply great! Will definitely return to this recipe over and over again.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 31, 2018 at 7:55 am

Aww that makes me so happy!! Thank you!

Lindsay February 2, 2018 at 5:23 pm

This is a great version of hummus. I omitted all oil, dry roasted the carrots, and reduced the tahini to 2 tbsp. Still amazing. Thanks for posting

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 5, 2018 at 9:17 am

Hey Lindsay, Thanks so much for sharing your tweaks! So great it still turned out so well.

Isabelle February 4, 2018 at 9:53 am

Bonjour,

This Hummus is the best one that i made!!! Thank you soooo much for this awesome recipe!
My daugther, Jeanne, is a follower of your recipes. She has your books and she has already made several of your recipes….Thank you for being part of our daily Life!!!

Isabelle Saint-Jacques
Québec City 😊

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 5, 2018 at 9:07 am

Wow, thank you Isabelle! I’m so happy you love it so much. And thanks to Jeanne for all her support as well! I really appreciate it. :)

Olivia February 7, 2018 at 2:09 am

Oh, this looks gooooood.

Shelly February 7, 2018 at 5:42 pm
Recipe Rating:

I make traditional hummus often so figured I would give this a try to change things up. So glad I did! Delicious! Thank you!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 8, 2018 at 7:41 am

Hey Shelly, Awesome news…so glad it was a hit!

Larissa February 10, 2018 at 4:57 am

Hi! This recipe sounds amazing!! Just wondering if its it best made the day you want to eat it of its just as good made the night before?

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 10, 2018 at 1:39 pm

Hey Larissa, My tester and I found the flavours were a bit better the day of, but it’ll still will keep well in the fridge for 3-5 days. It thickens when chilling, so it’s probably best to let it come to room temperature before serving so it can soften. Hope this helps!!

John February 14, 2018 at 1:56 pm

Me again!

Dumb question… Any thoughts on what size food processor to get. It’s just my wife and I so we don’t need bulk but we’d like to be able to make recipes like this.

Thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 15, 2018 at 9:08 am

Hey John, Not a dumb question at all! I’m hesitant to recommend anything as everyone’s preferences (and counter space!) are so different. Your best bet is to probably go into a store and see them first hand. As for making things like hummus, a 8-10 cup is probably sufficient, but I have never tried it with smaller machines so I’m really not sure. Sorry I can’t help you more! Maybe someone else can chime in :)

Jaynie February 18, 2018 at 10:39 pm

I love my magi mix John! It has extremely awesome warranty too. 30 years on the motor!

Vanessa Cassani February 17, 2018 at 6:07 pm

OooOo hummus! my family’s favorite kind of dip! I can’t wait to try this with them. Have you ‘ve made other kinds of hummus?

Jaynie February 18, 2018 at 10:38 pm
Recipe Rating:

So delicious. Best hummus recipe I have tried. I made bliss balls first and used the date water from soaking the dates for my bliss balls to add instead of water and it takes it from awesome to foodgasmic. Thanks so much for the recipe!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 20, 2018 at 10:02 am

Wow thank you Jaynie! So happy you love it as much as we do…I think it’s my all time fave now!

Emily Hansen February 26, 2018 at 12:08 am
Recipe Rating:

Hi Angela! I must say that this version of hummus became one of my kids’ newest favorites! They love the sweet and tangy flavor of it. This is really great as an after school or workout snack.

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 26, 2018 at 7:48 am

Hey Emily, That’s so great your kids love this hummus…mine do too, and you’re right it must be the hint of sweetness! I think it could be my favourite flavour. I want to try freezing some roasted carrots in pre-portioned bags just for this hummus. I wonder if they would thaw okay for the hummus?

Emily Hansen February 28, 2018 at 2:15 am

Hey Angela, I’ve never tried that idea yet but all I know is cooked carrots can last for 3 to 5 days in the fridge if properly stored. As for me, I prefer it fresh. My kids can be picky especially with any food that includes veggies in it so I very seldom make alterations but I would love to know how it goes for you.

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 28, 2018 at 8:48 am

Thanks Emily! and I’m nodding at the “picky about alterations” with kids…they just KNOW, lol.

GoGoAnime February 28, 2018 at 9:25 pm

This looks great! So many variations can be made from this idea.

Sarah March 20, 2018 at 11:13 am
Recipe Rating:

Just made this hummus and it’s sooooo sooooooo good, super creamy and the carrot flavour is just right! Love the dill too.

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 20, 2018 at 1:08 pm

yay, thank you Sarah!!

Jen April 3, 2018 at 8:55 pm

Hi Angela,

What kind of tofu press do you use. There are a few varieties on amazon.

Thanks!

Jen

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2018 at 2:53 pm

Hey Jen, Mine is by Tofy Xpress I believe (it’s several years old now). I remember it being expensive at the time, but I think there are a lot more models online now to chose from.

Ronald Miller April 9, 2018 at 4:54 pm
Recipe Rating:

Roasted carrots always favorite for me. Easy and delicious recipe. And your instruction was really helpful.

Terri Edwards May 1, 2018 at 5:39 pm

Wow! I have never thought about using carrots in a hummus recipe. What a great way to add some beta carotene and other phytonutritents. Thanks so much for the new inspiration!

Blessings & Kale,’
Terri

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 2, 2018 at 6:59 am

Hey Terri, It’s my fave hummus for sure, such a surprise…I hope you love it if you try it out!

Michael Repose May 26, 2018 at 11:44 am

Just made this hummus today. Absolutely delicious! I’m adding this to my favorites.
I took about 25% of the hummus and added some leftover cooked green peas to the processor to see what would happen. Glad I did, it put a neat twist on a wonderful recipe. Between the two, the original was a little better.

Cheers,