Ultimate DIY Vegan Cookie Board

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on December 15, 2017

This may have been the most epic blog post and photo shoot we’ve ever tackled on Oh She Glows. As my last post before the Christmas holidays, I think it’s safe to say we’re going out with a bang this year! This cookie roundup has a little something for everyone on your list, and I hope my treats inspire you to create your own vegan dessert board—big or small—this holiday season. If you make one and share it online, I’d love to see. Be sure to use the hashtags #ohsheglows, #osgcookies, #GETINMABELLY, and #SantaGoesVegan…okay, I suppose the last two are optional.

Yesterday morning all I could think was “WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO!?” There I was: in the throes of a nasty cold, buzzing around the kitchen and decorating cookies at the speed of light while Arlo played quietly with his educational toys screamed at my legs . I wish you could’ve seen me running between my kitchen and photography studio during naptime, pleading with the Nap Gods for five more minutes of photoshoot time. Luckily it all came together with some major hustling.

Check out these two behind-the-scenes photos! Who else finds their kitchen in organized chaos this time of year? ;)

Can you spot the gingerbread escapee below? LOL. It’s like a scene straight out of Shrek.

As you’ll see in the graphic below, we’re playing around with a new photo feature. Please humour me by hovering over the red dots near each cookie grouping to display a fun pop-up box. I actually find all that clicking around quite satisfying…almost like popping bubble wrap! I’d love to hear whether you like this sort of thing; if so, we’ll do more in the future.

1. Gluten-free Snickerdoodles

A festive favourite. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and a dash of turbinado after baking. Recipe is online here. Or find the non-gluten-free version here.

2. Almond Butter Rice Crisp Treats

Riffing on the classic Rice Krispie Square, these treats can be iced and sprinkled in advance for a pop of colour. I like to cut them into triangles for “tree” shapes around the holidays. Recipe available on the Oh She Glows Recipe App and on the blog.

3. Eggnog Crunch Biscotti

A great companion to coffee or a latte, these crispy eggnog biscotti have a wonderful nutty flavour too. If you don’t have vegan eggnog on hand any plant-based milk works in a pinch. Recipe on Oh She Glows.

4. Gingerbread People

What’s a holiday spread without gingerbread buddies? These are fun for kids to help make too. Recipe from the Oh She Glows Recipe App (inside the Cookie Lover’s bundle).

5. Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites

With a quick prep and 10-minute chill, these bites are perfect for whipping up just before guests arrive. Recipe from The Oh She Glows Cookbook, page 235.

6. Triple Almond Thumbprint Cookies

Kid- and freezer-friendly for easy prep, any leftover cookies are perfect for breakfast the next morning, not that you’ll have any to speak of! Arlo LOVES these cookies. Recipe from Oh She Glows Every Day, page 205.

7. Ultimate Flourless Brownies

Rich and decadent, these gluten-free brownies with an almond butter base will make your kitchen smell amazing before guests arrive. Recipe from Oh She Glows Every Day, page 199.

8. Pillowy Pumpkin Snacking Cookies

Nut-free and kid-friendly, these cookies are a lighter complement to the board’s richer desserts. Recipe from Oh She Glows Every Day, page 217.

9. Lightened Up Magical Coconut Bars

Lightened up without butter and using unsweetened coconut, these bars still feel totally indulgent. Recipe on Oh She Glows.

10. Chewy Molasses Spelt Cookies

A holiday classic. I like to dip half in white chocolate and decorate with chopped candied ginger to punch up colour on the plate. Recipe is on the blog and in Oh She Glows Every Day, page 219.

11. Chocolate Macaroon Truffles

Rolled in matcha, these truffles add a sweet festive look to the board. For a more traditional macaroon flavour, you can stir shredded coconut into the truffle mixture. Extras make a lovely host gift too! Recipe on the blog.

12. Chocolate-Almond Espresso Cookies

Rich and perfect for dunking in after-dinner coffee or tea. Dip cooled cookies in melted vegan white chocolate for the ultimate treat. From Oh She Glows Every Day, page 207.

13. Peanut Better Balls

Peanut butter balls were a Christmas treat in my house growing up, and this lightened-up freezer-friendly version is perfect for making ahead before putting together your board. Recipe on the blog and in Oh She Glows Every Day, page 231.

14. Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

My twist on the classic peanut butter cookie. They’re gluten-free and freezer-friendly, too. From Oh She Glows Every Day, page 213.

Cookie board styling ideas:

If you’re looking for some festive styling ideas for your cookie board, feel free to play around with some of the following: fresh cranberries, clementines (bonus points if they have green leaves attached!), greenery (such as lacy cedar), or hand-written labels.

This post wouldn’t be complete without a shout-out to Nicole, OSG’s recipe tester extraordinaire, for all of the baking help. You should’ve seen the truckload of cookies she delivered this week! #cookiemotherlode

Well friends, I won’t be posting again until the new year as I’m working away on the blog redesign and also preparing for a couple TV segments next week (one of which is live on Your Morning on December 19th!). Be sure to follow me on Twitter and Insta Stories for all of my riveting day-to-day updates…heh. And if you have any recipe questions for me, I’ll be on stand-by to help troubleshoot, as always!

Last but not least, I want to wish you all a fantastic holiday season! I’m so grateful for your continued support, friendship, and enthusiasm for what I do. With love and immense gratitude,

Angela xoxo

Anne December 15, 2017 at 2:05 pm

That is really stunning!!!! So beautiful and festive!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Thank you Anne! I appreciate the kind words :) :)

Leah December 23, 2017 at 10:25 am

I love you honesty in this post. Playing with educational games, haha (in our mommy dreams!). It turned out beautiful. Merry Christmas, I can’t wait to pick on of these to try today!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 23, 2017 at 3:08 pm

hehe…glad it’s not just me!! Silly little ones. Have a fabulous Christmas too, Leah! All the best to you and your family.

Nicole December 15, 2017 at 2:25 pm

This is INCREDIBLE. I’ve been excited to make Christmas cookies but this is next level! Love your stuff Angela. I’m making your cinnamon buns for a Christmas brunch we’re hosting tomorrow and can’t wait to eat them. Maybe I’ll need to reassess (and increase) my cookie making time to include some of these ones that I hadn’t considered…

Merry Christmas! xx

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Hey Nicole, Oh man, enjoy my buns (wait that didn’t come out right), lol. Such a fun brunch addition. Let me know how it goes!
And happy cookie baking if you add any to your plans.

Nicole December 18, 2017 at 10:25 am

Hahaha, thanks Angela! Buns turned out perfectly! They were a massive hit. The make ahead option was an awesome way to save time in the morning and to be able to serve them fresh. We also had a version of your happy digestion smoothie (with mango instead of pineapple and no parsley), your smoky and spicy bar nuts, avacado and cherry tomato on baguette, eggnog pancakes (regular vegan pancakes with sugar omitted and holiday nog instead of almond milk), and chia pudding parfaits. We had way to much food (as we always seem to) which meant leftovers for a second brunch for us yesterday!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 18, 2017 at 2:52 pm

Whoa baby!!! Please invite me next time..hahah. Sounds like an absolute dream…way to go! And I’m so happy the buns were a hit.

Alema December 15, 2017 at 3:25 pm

Hi Angela, love the cookie board – it looks so festive and inviting!!

I just want to thank you for being such an inspiration. Although I’m not a vegan myself I am toying with the idea and have been eating your recipes all week. You make it so easy.. and delicious!! We are so blessed to have someone like you in our lives. I find myself on your blog daily (let’s face it… multiple times per day!).

And yes, the red dots are great.. much appreciated!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2017 at 3:30 pm

Thanks Alema, I’m so flattered that you love the blog so much…your encouragement really means the world to me.
And thanks for the red dot love…haha. I had a minor freak out when I hit publish and it wasn’t showing up. Glad you can see it!

Linna Nguyen December 15, 2017 at 10:05 pm

;) =D

Hannah December 15, 2017 at 4:37 pm

Beautiful display, Angela!
I can’t even imagine the amount of work that went into creating this shoot.
I’m so excited to start my holiday cookie baking this weekend. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Thank you, Hannah! Glad this post came just in time for your cookie baking. :) Have fun!

Jennifer December 15, 2017 at 6:04 pm

So beautiful!!! You’ve inspired me to do some baking this weekend. I already had your recipe for the Chocolate Chunk Toffee Bars, but now I want to make more.

I love the hover feature, too. So cool!

Happy holidays to you and your family, Angela. Thank you for all the delicious recipes and drool-worthy pictures you provide.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2017 at 11:45 am

Thank you Jennifer! So glad you like the hover feature too. Have a wonderful holiday and happy baking this weekend!

Nicole W. (Oh She Glows Recipe Tester December 15, 2017 at 6:47 pm

Oh my goodness, Angela, these pictures are gorgeous! They are merry and bright!

The cookies look (and taste!) so incredibly decadent…I wish I could click on one of the pictures and add it to an online Oh She Glows shopping cart! Deliver to my door for our Christmas feast dessert and I’m all set!

Your Eggnog Crunch Biscotti is my new craving…I’ve been dipping it in coffee, tea, hot chocolate…now that I’ve seen these pics I’ll have to dip half in melted white chocolate and try it that way…yum! I don’t know if it can ever replace my number one fave (your Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies are simply the best cookie ever) but it is my go to treat for this Christmas season!

Time to get baking…

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2017 at 11:09 am

I’m such a fan of biscotti too! It’s so satisfying. I was so happy to bring this recipe out of the archives from years ago!

Thanks again for all of your help…couldn’t have done it without you, Nicole! And now some of your cookies will be on live TV on Tuesday…haha…how cool is that?

Nicole W. December 16, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Live TV? How cool is that?!
Well, it’s a little “Agh!” And a bit of “Eek!” And brimming with “How do you do this all the time, Angela?” And, I’m so glad you do!”

You made these cookies so pretty! I love the candied ginger and melted chocolate…and the little crispy rice Christmas trees are adorable :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 17, 2017 at 8:39 am

Fingers crossed I can transport the cookies to Toronto on Tuesday morning! lol. No pressure, no pressure. ;)

Sandy December 15, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Merry Christmas Angela! To you and yours – you deserve a holiday break! Happy cookie eating! Enjoy Christmas with your little ones. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2017 at 11:05 am

Thanks Sandy! Merry Christmas to you and your family too :)

Jessica December 15, 2017 at 9:23 pm

This is my dream! It’s beautiful. Just wondering where you get your vegan white chocolate, I can never find it.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2017 at 11:43 am

Hey Jessica, You can often find it online at Vegan Supply or Vegan Essentials. Hope this helps!

Sarah December 16, 2017 at 6:09 am

Beautiful! I made your flourless peanut butter cookies (with sunflower butter) last night and they are fantastic!
I love your recipes Angela and I must echo other comments about how inspiring your are!! My husband turned vegan around 3 years ago and I followed suit soon after. Your blog has been so vital and I’ve cooked so many of your recipes now I’ve lost count. I also found your blog about freezer meals really useful when I was pregnant.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2017 at 11:41 am

Hey Sarah, I’m so happy they worked with sunflower seed butter. :) Such a great option!
And I’m so flattered to be a part of your vegan journey…thanks for all the encouragement!

Tammy December 16, 2017 at 7:13 am

I look forward to every new post. This one is so gorgeous! Your recipes (whether from your books or website) are always a hit. Awesome work- thanks!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2017 at 11:02 am

Really? That’s so sweet! Thank you Tammy…it really means a lot to me to hear how much you look forward to the posts.

Karen December 16, 2017 at 7:24 am

Love this..like everything you do!! Thank you for all the red dots, I looked at the first few shots trying to guess which cookies they were..ha. I found if I held my thumb down and moves the pic I was able to see all the dots and names of cookies. Thanks so much and Merry Christmas!🎄

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2017 at 11:00 am

Thank you for your kind words! I noticed last night that the red dot image wasn’t working on mobile devices, but Eric worked some magic and now at least you can move it around with your thumb (as you found out!)…still some kinks to work out, but it’s fun.
Merry Christmas to you as well, Karen :)

Olga December 16, 2017 at 7:28 am

So pretty! And mouth-watering! I love everything about these cookies and I will be trying these Christmas! Thank you for sharing!

Olga from Myme

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2017 at 11:40 am

Thank you and happy baking Olga!

Bonnie December 16, 2017 at 8:22 am

Thank you Angela for another inspiring, beautiful post. The cookies look amazing!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2017 at 10:58 am

Thank you, Bonnie! It was really fun to come up with.

Sabrina December 16, 2017 at 9:06 am

OMGoodness! If this doesn’t make pinterest many times over then that’ll be a real shame…LOL. I LOVE the way you keep it real….screaming child, cookies on the floor…its the real deal…LOL.
I am going to try to tackle making some of these. Maybe next time you can give us ADVANCE WARNING….LOL.
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas from T.O. ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2017 at 11:35 am

You just reminded me that I didn’t add this to my pinterest board…I always forget!! Will do that now.
Have a wonderful Christmas too Sabrina :)

Lesley December 16, 2017 at 9:14 am

The cookie board is gorgeous and a great idea! The red dots are really, really helpful. I hope you will continue to use them.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2017 at 10:57 am

That’s great to hear, Lesley! I really appreciate the feedback. We have some fun ideas for future photos using the pop up dots.

Dana December 16, 2017 at 9:32 am

I like the pop-ups on the cookie image. I’ve never seen that done before. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2017 at 10:56 am

Thanks Dana! It’s pretty fun (that is, once we finally got it working!). I realized last night on mobile devices it wasn’t working properly (the image was majorly cut off on my phone). So Eric worked some magic and now at least you can scroll around the photo on mobile devices. Still some kinks to work out. :)

Mary Buzzell December 16, 2017 at 9:58 am

Oh my goodness. Your board is incredible. However, my favorite part is the behind the scenes pictures! Love the gingerbread boy making a break for it. I make plates for neighbors and they always say “these are so beautiful” and I think of the mess in my kitchen–full of baggies and crumbs and containers. Sometimes even an escapee! Our dog usually grabs those.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2017 at 10:55 am

haha…yes the mess isn’t avoidable, is it? Too bad there wasn’t a way around that. Thanks for the cookie board love, Mary.

Cassondra December 16, 2017 at 10:08 am

This is sooo beautiful and makes me want to bake even more cookies :) Do you have a link for where I can find the sprinkles you dipped your chocolate almond espresso cookies in? Love them!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2017 at 10:53 am

Thanks Cassondra! For the chocolate almond espresso cookies, I used crushed candycane and some festive regular red/green/white sprinkles from a bulk food store. Sadly, they are not the “natural” kind as I couldn’t locate any.

Mary-Lynn December 16, 2017 at 10:26 am

You are amazing! Your cookie board is beautiful! Looking forward to trying some of your recipes. Thank you for the inspiration.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2017 at 10:50 am

Thank you so much for the kind words, Mary-Lynn! Happy baking.

Tina December 16, 2017 at 10:44 am

Wow, that looks gorgeous (and sounds delicious)! I have both your cookbooks too. :)

Which recipe is for the cute little green ball cookies?

Tina December 16, 2017 at 10:45 am

Oops, never mind! They’re the macaroon truffles. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2017 at 10:50 am

Thank you so much for the cookbook love Tina!
Yep, you’re right about them being the macaroon truffles! I left out the shredded coconut for this batch and coated them in matcha powder. The matcha is a bit strong, so next time I may mix in some icing sugar into the matcha powder before rolling.

Alyssa December 16, 2017 at 12:29 pm

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 17, 2017 at 8:43 am

The hardest part was not eating them after…I had to freeze them for my tv segment on Tuesday! *cries* lol

Annalise December 16, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Brava, Angela! What a feat. And inspiring! Happy holidays to you and your growing family…what a fun way to end the year :) cheers!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 17, 2017 at 8:41 am

Thank you, Annalise! It was fun :) Happy holidays to you and your family as well!

Wendy December 16, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Wow love your work. Never would have thought of a cookie platter for Christmas . Wow blown away. Have all your books and will give it a go. You are so inspiring . Thank you so much for being you and helping us all over the world to love cooking. Have a lovely Christmas and happy cooking. Newcastle Australia

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 17, 2017 at 8:43 am

Wendy, thank you for your lovely words!! I’m so touched. :) Thanks so much for your support!

Kayla December 16, 2017 at 7:45 pm

Loved the recipe popups (red dots)! Really neat idea/feature. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 17, 2017 at 8:35 am

So glad you enjoyed the photo Kayla :) Thanks for the holiday wishes, too. All the best to you and your family!

Julie December 16, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Love this; so beautiful! Love the pinpoints too, so fun (and worked on iPhone). Merry Christmas, love your blog/instagram.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 17, 2017 at 8:32 am

Merry Christmas to you too, Julie!
So happy to hear the dot image worked on the iphone. We had some kinks with it!

christine dugdale December 17, 2017 at 6:42 am

What a fantastic spread! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could go to a party and see that array of goodies, knowing that we could eat them all???? Have a great Christmas with the family x

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 17, 2017 at 8:27 am

Yes, that’s such an awesome feeling seeing so many vegan options! Thanks for the kind words. :)

Malin December 17, 2017 at 8:51 am

Happy holidays, Angela! Thank you so much for all your fantastic recipes! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 18, 2017 at 8:11 am

Happy holidays to you too Malin! Thanks for the recipe love.

Wavery December 17, 2017 at 9:12 am

I have to say these photos are seriously gorgeous. I had to save one to my phone so I can look at it when I’m super hungry and imagine how good they all taste. This is definitely one of your best photos ever! Happy Holidays!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 18, 2017 at 8:12 am

Thank you, I’m so flattered you love the photos so much! It was fun to style and shoot.

sarah December 17, 2017 at 11:53 am

I am having trouble finding the gingerbread people recipe? Any tips. I have the app but when i search for the cookie board nothing comes up.

thank you.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 18, 2017 at 8:09 am

Hey Sarah, The Gingerbread People recipe is in the Cookie’s Lovers bundle in the app (go to the bundles page and you’ll see it). Please let me know if this helps or if you need any other help with it!

Vicky December 17, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Hi Angela,

Do you have an icing recipe for these cookies??

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 18, 2017 at 8:22 am

Hey Vicky,
I used a vegan royal icing mix from Bulk Barn for these since I have to transport them into Toronto for a TV segment. But I do have a homemade frosting you can try. The recipe is in the gingerbread cut-out cookies recipe in the app (it’s in the cookie lover’s bundle on the bundles page). I’ll share the proportions below:

2 cups powdered icing sugar
2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon non-dairy milk, or as needed
pinch fine sea salt

Hope this helps!

Melanie Zumm December 17, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Definitely gonna have to try this! I’ve loved your blog for years.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 18, 2017 at 8:08 am

Thank you, Melanie! Happy cookie baking :)

Nancy December 17, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Do you have a vegan shortbread recipe by chance?

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 18, 2017 at 8:07 am

Hey Nancy,
I’m sorry I don’t have one, as I haven’t tested one that I really loved yet. I will certainly share it if I do. :)

Sakshi Kapoor December 18, 2017 at 1:32 am

Merry Christmas Angela! It looks like a heaven served on a plate. These gorgeous assortment of cookies in a variety of shapes is a perfect treat for Christmas. I must mention that all your recipes whether it is a vegan banana bread or your taco wrap all looks delicious.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 18, 2017 at 7:48 am

Thank you for the kind words, Sakshi!

Rachel December 18, 2017 at 11:12 am

Hey Angela, OMG this is amazing! I will make cookies and peanut balls for sure with my 3 year old:) Question: What kind of recipe would your recommend to make cookies with shape-cutters? (like star-shape, tree-shape etc.) Especially gluten-free recipes for that kind of baking are really hard to come by…thank you so much!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 18, 2017 at 2:57 pm

Hey Rachel, Thanks so much. :)

The only cut-out cookies I have are the gingerbread cut-out cookies found in the cookie lover’s bundle in my app. Unfortunately, they aren’t gluten-free! However, a GF all-purpose flour may work, I haven’t tried it yet. I’ll have to come up with some more!

Johanne Dufour December 18, 2017 at 11:17 am

Hi Angela,

I love the green on the chocolate truffle but can’t seem to find what you used for that in the recipe. Could you let me know what it is? – would love to add that nice green color to the cookie tray!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 18, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Hey Johanne, For sure, I used matcha green tea powder! It’s quite bitter, so you can cut it with a bit of powdered icing sugar if desired.

Kathy December 23, 2017 at 6:15 am

I had an inspiration while reading through the comments (well, actually from reading this gorgeous blog post – breathtaking, Angela!)…I’m going to try the matcha and then dip half the truffle in melted Enjoy Life chips, and roll the other half in crystal sugar. These are beautiful!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 23, 2017 at 3:10 pm

That sounds amazing! Double chocolate is always a good idea.

Heidi Larchar December 18, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Wow!! I do not know how you do all you do with 2 little ones. Gorgeous cookies!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 18, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Thankfully my recipe tester Nicole delivered a boatload of cookies to help me for this post. I couldn’t have done it on my own that’s for sure! :)

Alexa December 18, 2017 at 4:13 pm

Can I just say your effort and craziness/running around during nap time was sooooo worth it!! Your spread looks absolutely amazing and I’m drooling and trying to figure out how soon I can make a bunch of these cookies ha ha ha. I just received the cookbook box set so maybe I’ll try the flourless brownies first :) Also, similar to another person’s comment, I will be making your cinnamon buns this year for Christmas morning, since it is a tradition in my family (Pillsbury’s..) but I’m staying out west for Christmas instead of going home to Ontario this year. Can’t wait!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 18, 2017 at 6:33 pm

Hey Alexa,
You’re so sweet, thank you! Let’s hope these cookies hold up for their trip into Toronto tomorrow!
We’ll be having the cinnamon buns right along with you on Christmas morning…I’m already so excited. Going to make them the day before and just bake in the morning while we open stockings. Mmm…can already smell them now!

Hannah December 18, 2017 at 4:22 pm

I needed one more cookie to round out my xmas baking and I the chewy molasses spelt cookie is IT! I did a trial run yesterday (you know, just to be sure), and these might be my fav cookie of all time! Do they sell the vegan ginger molasses cookies at Whole Foods in Canada? These remind me of those cookies but maybe even better!!! Thanks and Happy Holidays!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 18, 2017 at 6:31 pm

I’m so happy you found your perfect cookie to complete your xmas baking! I adore those chewy molasses cookies too…the smell alone is enough to die for. Have a great Christmas!

Stacie December 18, 2017 at 9:14 pm

Love the pop-up spots on the cookie board display. This is a great idea!

Happy holidays to you and fam :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 19, 2017 at 7:50 pm

Glad to hear that Stacie!
Happy holidays to you and your family as well. :)

Michelle M. December 19, 2017 at 12:19 pm

I love the new feature! This is fantastic because helps me both figure out what the name is for what I’m looking at plus attracts my eye to notice other things I hadn’t paid attention to. Yes, keep and use more in future!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 19, 2017 at 7:49 pm

Thank you so much for your feedback on the new photo feature…I really didn’t know if anyone would care, but I’m glad to see so many of you guys love it!

pictaram December 20, 2017 at 2:06 am

Best cookie board ever!! Thank you for sharing these recipes! Making 14 types of cookies is such a great work!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 20, 2017 at 8:26 am

Thanks so much for the cookie board love!

Bea Rakos-Szegleti December 20, 2017 at 5:15 am

This looks amazing! Thank you for your inspirational and funny posts in 2017.
I wish you a joyful holiday season.

Bea, one of your biggest fans in Hungary :-)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 20, 2017 at 8:29 am

Aww Bea you’re so sweet! Thank you so much for the love and support.
Have a great holiday, too! Best wishes

Healthy Language December 20, 2017 at 8:08 am

Wow!! Now I really can’t wait no more for the holidays!
I am definitely going to make these!
x AC

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 20, 2017 at 8:25 am

Happy baking!

Carolyn Christy December 20, 2017 at 9:15 am

I have to say this is the most beautiful cookie display, and blog post i have EVER seen!!!!!
I just had to comment and tell you that you really out did yourself this time!

I love following your blog and insta stories! Thank you so much for sharing!

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 20, 2017 at 10:32 am

Wow, thank you Carolyn!! It was a lot of work so I’m so thrilled to hear such kind words about it. :)
Merry Christmas to you as well and all the best in 2018!

Karen December 20, 2017 at 7:45 pm

I know you can’t put every recipe on here but I have to tell you my family’s favorite holiday cookie we have tried so far is your peppermint crunch cookie! My kids keep asking when we are going to make those again…which the answer is, in a couple days! Happy holidays!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 20, 2017 at 7:55 pm

Hey Karen, Aww that’s so cute your kids keep asking you about that one! So glad you love it. :)

(For anyone wondering it’s in the cookie lover’s bundle in the OSG recipe app)

Amy December 20, 2017 at 11:44 pm

OMG this looks divine! Those eggnog biscotti are calling my name!! I made your gingerbread people last year and they were a huge hit. Now if only the baby will give me some time to bake :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 21, 2017 at 8:35 am

Hey Amy, So glad to hear the gingerbread people were such a hit! Enjoy that biscotti if you try it out. It’s a “way back play back” on the blog…haha.

Louise December 21, 2017 at 9:03 pm

This does not look humanly possible to me! I am impressed with some of the commenters who also get so much cooking done. I would like to try every one of these cookie recipes but at best that would mean one a month. Better to focus on daily meals but this is a goal. These are absolutely beautiful and I’m sure taste even better. Certainly much better than the Christmas cookies customers have had sent or even some home baked. It’s all in the love though! Thank you so much for your blog. Enjoy the holiday1

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 22, 2017 at 8:38 am

I hope you have a great holiday too, Louise!

Ali C. December 21, 2017 at 9:20 pm

Thank you so much, Angela – this is such a beautiful post and it is perfectly timed right before the holidays. I’ve read your blog since the beginning and I am so grateful for you! My friends and family rave about your recipes. You are the reason I made the switch to vegan a few years ago. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 22, 2017 at 7:58 am

Aww thank you Ali…that’s so awesome to hear! Have a great holiday!

Tara December 22, 2017 at 3:10 pm

I love the red dot photo feature that tells me what each item is. I was just on another food blog post *WISHING* they had they literally 2 minutes ago, and then you had it!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 23, 2017 at 7:43 am

What do you mean you were on another food blog?! hahaha…jk jk. ;) So happy you love the red button feature! Looks like we’re going to have to do it again soon! I have some fun ideas up my sleeve. Happy baking Tara!

Kathy December 22, 2017 at 5:55 pm

Hi!! I love the red dots hovering over the pic feature! So helpful!!! And easy to click!

I bought my friend one of your cookbooks and I may just have to buy one for myself!

Thank you for keeping it real on your blog!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 22, 2017 at 6:14 pm

Hey Kathy, Thank you so much for the red dot feedback…really great to hear it’s been so well received. :)
And my goodness thanks for gifting my cookbook, and for thinking of it in your own house too. That’s the best compliment ever. Have a great holiday!

Kathy December 23, 2017 at 6:25 am

I set my alarm early, 5:15, to roll out of bed and make cookies this a.m. (don’t judge me! :p). I had bought all of the “normal” (read: non-vegan and glutinous) ingredients and had resigned myself to the fact that I’ll make cookies for others, but won’t be eating any myself.

Just on a whim, I opened OSG…I shoulda known!

I am blown away by the variety. This is the most beautiful spread I have ever seen, and they are healthy!! LOVE the red dots. It makes it easy to navigate which one is where and what I need to print, etc.. Thank you for the timing of this and all of the work you put into your blog, app, cookbooks, etc…I have a safe place to find many GF vegan recipes I know will taste amazing and turn out beautifully.

I’m adding to my spread the Zucchini Walnut Raisin bread, in mini loaf pans, as gifts; and the smoky coconut “bacon” in small treat bags, and your luxurious Sunflower seed butter and pumpkin pie spice mix in small Libby jars. Thank you, thank you Angela!

Now what to do with all that regular butter, flour and sugar? Donate to a food pantry!! :) Merry Christmas to you and your family, Angela, from ours. We are so blessed by your presence.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 23, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Hi Kathy, Your comment put such a big smile on my face! You are such a sweetheart. I’m so delighted to hear how much you love the blog post…sounds like the timing was meant to be. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas too, and all the best in 2018. :)

Village Bakery December 23, 2017 at 9:19 am

What a beautiful post, Angela! Thank you so much for this. Your photography is amazing!!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 23, 2017 at 10:47 am

Thank you so much for the love! Have a great holiday :)

Karen Rogers December 26, 2017 at 8:50 am

I was trying to figure out how to reach you to let you know that I was shopping for collectable cookbooks and yours was listed on the one site I was on. I have both of your books but sadly not first editions. This is so wonderful that you are a collectable author! Congrats! I am a faithful follower and will continue to share your blog and emails with my friends and family! https://www.abebooks.com/books/cooking/collecting-cookbooks.shtml?cm_mmc=AMZ-_-Storefront-_-BDEX-_-imagecook

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 28, 2017 at 7:11 am

Oh wow, thanks for letting me know Karen! I’m so honoured to be featured as a collectable modern cookbook. :) And I appreciate your kind words and support too!

Una December 27, 2017 at 12:45 pm

This is absolutely stunning!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 28, 2017 at 7:08 am

Thank you, Una! It was fun to create. :)

Deliverr December 28, 2017 at 4:22 am

This sounds and looks so delicious!!!, Thanks for sharing.

Danielle December 28, 2017 at 9:38 am

Hi Angela,

these look so yummy!! I happened to spy with my little eye Almond Blizzard Biscuits..but no recipe? Those look so yummy! Are you holding out on us ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 31, 2017 at 8:43 am

Hey Danielle, The recipe is in the OSG recipe app :) hope this helps!

Julie December 28, 2017 at 4:34 pm

Loved the article thanks and some stunning photos as well, look forward to reading more in the new year!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 31, 2017 at 9:51 am

Thanks Julie! Happy new year :)

Danielle December 31, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Happy new year, Angela. Hope you had a great holiday season with your family, especially Arlo’s first! Just wanted to reply that I like the red dots and pop up windows. Can’t wait to upgrade my phone to something other than a Windows phone so I can install your app! Also, your one bowl double chocolate chunk cookies are a favorite in our home. Sending best smiles your way.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 2, 2018 at 8:00 am

Hey Danielle, Happy New Year!! I’m so happy to hear you love the red dot feature. Looks like we’ll have to do it more. :) And if you end up getting the app I hope you love it. It’s been such a fun project to work on over the past year or two. All the best to you in 2018!

Jill January 2, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Great post! Love the photos and the new use of the pop up boxes identifying the cookies! It’s brilliant! I am a visual person so I think to see what a recipe looks like finished. Love you,love your site, love your recipes! Thank you for sharing!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Hey Jill, Thank you so much for the love! I’m so happy you enjoy the blog and recipes so much. :)

Veronique Malouin January 2, 2018 at 3:57 pm

Hi Angela, Happy New Year! This is a beautiful and so inspiring post (like all your posts!) that summarizes so many desert and sweet snacks ideas! My family and I are vegan Mon-Fri for more than 6 months now and we love your site and your app and your recipes. Thank you for being so inspiring and making this lifestyle change of ours so easy and so fun!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2018 at 12:15 pm

I’m so happy to hear that you enjoy the recipes so much, Veronique! Thank you for all the support. I wish you and your family a wonderful 2018!

Kristen January 12, 2018 at 10:12 am

Angela, This post and those cookies are absolutely gorgeous! You have out done yourself! Great job!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 12, 2018 at 11:01 am

Thank you, Kristen! :)

ashley January 16, 2018 at 3:55 pm

Wow, this is incredible, Look the styling ideas!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 17, 2018 at 8:50 am

Thank you Ashley! :)

Ethan Thomas March 14, 2018 at 8:34 am

Hello Angela (Oh She Glows)

I am feeling very hungry now after my seeing your delicious blog post :P . Keep posting stuff like this