Oh She Glows 15 Best Vegan Cookie Recipes!

onebowljumbochocolatechunkcookies-4270

Welcome to your holiday cookie headquarters!

Can you believe it’s the last month of 2016? I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind around the entire year. This month is extra special because my sister, nephews, brother-in-law, mom, and stepdad are spoiling us with a visit over the holidays. We’re also hosting all the Liddons for a fun get-together. Our house is going to be a-boppin’ (Home Alone mannequin-dancing styles), I tell ya. I’m trying not to freak out about the hosting/cooking responsibilities while taking care of a newborn and toddler. Eek. (The good news is we won’t be traveling in a car/plane with screaming kids this year and the wine rack is stocked. I’ll take it.) Anyway, I can’t wait to celebrate Arlo’s first Christmas and Adriana’s third with the fam. I’m probably going to take about 645 pictures and another 87 videos.

Since it’s the official Month of Cookie Eating (or so I seem to celebrate each day), I thought it would be fun to put together a roundup (no pun intended) of my all-time favourite vegan cookie recipes. My cookie recipes tend to be some of my most popular, but I’ve never done a roundup of the best. I can’t believe how many great ones I’ve shared over the years. (Excuse the cookie brag, but damn.) I’ve always believed that vegan/gf cookies shouldn’t be one bit less tasty than their egg-, butter-, and white flour-containing counterparts. Actually, I think they should taste even better. Who’s with me?

Below are my 15 favourite vegan cookie recipes to date. (But maybe I’ve forgotten a few gems; you can let us know if any of your favourites are missing!) I’ve also noted where you can find the recipes (blog, cookbooks, and/or app). At the bottom you’ll find a list of my top 5 non-cookie treats, too (think brownies, macaroons, squares, etc.). These lists are a great starting point if you’re planning a vegan cookie swap this year! Can you imagine how fun that would be?

Don’t forget to share your OSG cookie photos on social media this month using the tag #ohsheglows so we can all see what you’re baking. I love getting tiny glimpses into your kitchens. :) For some of my own behind-the-scenes fun, be sure to follow my Snapchat and Instagram. I’m loving Insta Stories lately because it’s so quick (let’s be real, picture-perfect photos aren’t happening in my life these days). Also, check out my #osgtakeover series on Instagram, where fellow food bloggers pop in to share a day’s worth of their plant-based meals.

On an unrelated note (while I have you held captive in anticipation of cookies!), I want to say a huge thank you for the awesome response to our big app announcement, sale, and cookie bundle last week! It means the world to us. In case you missed the news, you can read all about it here and watch a fun video. The app is on sale the entire month of December, and our Android version, once released (we’re expecting this will be in December or early January), will be on sale too. Be sure to subscribe to In The Glow to be the first to find out when the new app drops!

Okay, if you actually read all that and didn’t just skip to the cookies…well, bless your soul.

photocollage1

1. One Bowl Jumbo Chocolate Chunk Cookies – on the blog and app

2. Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies (a family fave!) – Oh She Glows Every Day, p. 213

3. Pillowy Pumpkin Snacking Cookies – OSG Every Day, p. 217

4. Turtle Oatmeal Cookies – on the blog

5. Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies – on the blog and OSG Every Day, p. 205

6. Chewy Molasses Spelt Cookies – on the blog and OSG Every Day, p. 219

7. Chocolate-Almond Espresso Cookies – OSG Every Day, p. 207

collage2

8. Gluten-Free Snickerdoodles – on the blog

9. Peppermint Crunch Cookies – only in the app

10. Gluten-Free Almond Lace Cookies – on the blog

11. Crispy Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – The Oh She Glows Cookbook, p. 265, app, and PB version on blog

12. Almond Blizzard Biscuits – only in the app

13. No-Bake Chocolate Fudge Cookies – on the blog and app

14. Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal Cookies – only in the app

15. Gingerbread People – only in the app

Gingerbread-People-00029

collage3

And some other enticing holiday treats…

1. The Ultimate Flourless Brownies – OSG Every Day, p. 199

2. Lightened Up Magical Coconut Bars – on the blog

3. Nut-Free Dream Bars – OSG Every Day, p. 211

4. Chocolate-Dipped Vanilla Bean Macaroons – OSG Every Day, p. 201 (or find the recipe on Bakerita, Eat Your Books, Heart of a Baker, Love & Lemons, and Orgali!)

5. Ginger Cinna Maple Steamer – only in the app

6. Almond Butter Rice Crisp Treats – on the blog and app

Note: Five of the app cookies are found in the Cookie Lover’s Bundle on the app bundle page. You need to unlock/download the bundle for the recipes to appear.

Oh She Glows Every Day blog tour wrap-up

Last but not least, I’d like to say a huge thank you to the following bloggers for their fantastic #osgeveryday blog tour posts—which, by the way, include some great reviews and recipe sneak peeks, if you’re still debating whether to pop Oh She Glows Every Day onto your holiday wish list (or are simply looking for some new OSG dishes to try out this holiday season!).

Lauren Lives Healthy

Vegan Yumminess

Love and Lemons

Healthy Happy Life

Vegan Culinary Crusade

Everyday Allergen-Free

Food Bloggers of Canada

Photography credits: Images 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, [bottom collage 1, 3, 4] credit to Ashley McLaughlin. All other images credit to Angela Liddon.

Page 2 of 2«12
Elise Ho June 19, 2017

You had me at cookie. What wonderful looking deliciousness.

Ashley Diana May 5, 2017

Thank you so much for putting a list like this together Angela! You have no idea how helpful this will be the next time some friends & family are round!

Beth Godbee May 3, 2017

Thanks for this list — these simple and delicious recipes! I love eating cookie dough and appreciate you sharing the source. :-) Thanks for your work with developing and publishing vegan + gluten-free recipes.

Emily Merchant March 2, 2017

Do you have a recommendation for a vegan cookie recipe without any oils (coconut oil, etc)? Or a recommended substitute for the oil?

Angela Liddon March 31, 2017

Hmm, good question! From the blog, you could try my Happy Trails Adventure Cookies or Flourless Thumbprint Breakfast Cookies. As well, in the Oh She Glows Every Day cookbook (if you have it), I include the following oil-free cookie recipes: Triple Almond Thumbprint Cookies, Chocolate-Almond Espresso Cookies, and Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies. I hope this helps!

Vegan food February 28, 2017

I´ve just taken up baking and I´m a bit of health freak so vegan recipes like these which are healthy and easy to follow are absolutely awesome. Thank you so much, if you are ever in Tulum, Mexico let me know I have a small vegan restaurant by the beach and I´ll sort you out a free meal.

Thanks again

Josie Di Vito February 24, 2017

I would like to sign up for your newsletter.

Thanks

Angela Liddon February 27, 2017

Hi Josie, You can sign up for the newsletter here.

Kalee February 15, 2017

You always have the best recipes. My cookbook is literally covered in little bits of stuff as I use it so much (maybe time for a new one lol!) I love the one bowl chocolate chip cookies!

Nicole Haber January 31, 2017

this is an excellent to do list :)

Green Love January 15, 2017

Tried the first one on the list today and my kids loved it, i wonder why cookies and other baking goods taste much better every time i use coconut oil, the rest of these recipes are on my list for next weekend, Thanks!

Stacey Chazin January 15, 2017

I was just given your Oh She Glows Every Day cookbook and love it! When I looked at the nutritional information on your website for Cookie Dough Balls V, it says the serving size is 15, but it doesn’t seem right that the full recipe (15 balls) is only 192 calories. Could you clarify what the serving size is? Thank you!

Angela Liddon March 15, 2017

Hi Stacey, I’m so happy to hear you’ve been enjoying the new cookbook! Thanks for your question about the cookie dough balls. The nutritional information is per ball, based on the assumption you’ve made 15 balls from the recipe. (So it’s 192 cals per ball based on a recipe yield of 15 balls). Does that make sense?

Agness of Run Agness Run January 14, 2017

This recipes are on my list! They all seem delicious and easy to make!

Sheri January 13, 2017

Tried your One Bowl Jumbo Chocolate Chip cookies….OMG! So good! I am not vegan but I have both your cookbooks just love them! :)

Paula January 11, 2017

Just got your second book as a birthday presant and I’m working through the recipes with my 14 year old semi-vegetarian. We are loving it!

Angela Liddon January 12, 2017

Oh, I’m so happy to hear that, Paula! Happy cooking to you both.

Tally hindi January 8, 2017

These looks amazing!

Anne Gannon January 7, 2017

Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal cookie??
Saw this on your Instagram last month (has it really been that long) and was totally drooling…tis the season, or was! Still stuck in the holiday moods, going to have to get my daughter out of bed to make these with her momma! Happy New Years!!

Amber January 7, 2017

Hi Angela,

I downloaded a few recipes from your website using the “Ctrl + S” feature in Firefox; it saves copies of the pages and pictures. Doing this infected my computer with a trojan virus called “JS/HideLink.A”. It was connected to the following recipe pages: high protein & high fibre cereal, lightened up summer granola, banana bread protein bars, and peanut butter chocolate crunch blizzard.

Sorry to post this publicly, but I don’t know your e-mail address.

Thanks,

Amber

Mark Flint January 7, 2017

These look brill. Going to have to make some ASAP!

Kell at Food, Wine & Poopy Diapers January 3, 2017

You had me at COOKIE! These all look so amazing. It’s hard to find a satisfying vegan dessert recipe sometimes, but these cookies are making me want to run to my kitchen and get baking! ;-) Thanks for sharing! Kelli Brink

Nik January 3, 2017

Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing this list of rich recipes. I would definitely add it in my Valentines Day celebrations.

AL January 2, 2017

Hello,

Sorry this is slightly off topic. But there is a safety recall on Cuisinart food processor blades.

Apparently they can chip in the food and lacerated one’s mouth. It says they will send you a replacement blade for free. I am pretty sure I have the same Cuisnart as on this website and mine was included in the recall. So are MANY OTHER models, it looks like basically all of them.

Cindy December 31, 2016

Hi Angela! I would love the ginger people cookie recipe. I downloaded the APP ( it said the recipe was on the APP) and it’s not there.

Angela Liddon January 3, 2017

Hi Cindy, the ginger cookie recipe is found in the Cookie Lover’s Bundle on the app bundle page. You need to unlock/download the bundle for the recipe to appear. Hope that helps!

reader January 5, 2017

It seems that your app is not so intuitive or self explanatory. Half of these comments are your repeated instructions on accessing cookie recipes in the tab in the app. Its too complicated and not user friendly. Something to consider tweaking in your app.

sujata December 30, 2016

Nice effort in putting up all these appetizing recipes, hope to try a few of these recipes in the near future.

Delices and Gourmandises December 28, 2016

I must say, these vegan cokies are just amazing. It was so easy to make them up, my children were over the moon when I gave them some at tea time. So yummy :)

Sarah December 28, 2016

These all look incredible! I will definitely have to try out some of these :)

Angela Liddon December 28, 2016

Hope you enjoy whichever ones you decide to make, Sarah. Happy baking! :)

Caitlin December 28, 2016

These all look really delicious. I’ve recently tried a recipe that was pretty simplistic, it only called for applesauce and oat flour plus baking soda & powder and a couple other things, but it turned out really well!

تاریخ امروز December 24, 2016

Thanks for the cookies, I also think that these are some of the best vegan cookies.

Jessica December 23, 2016

All the recipes look divine! I’m struggling trying to decide what to make for christmas dinner, was wondering what’s on your menu for the holidays?

nikki December 21, 2016

Looks delicious! Everything with Chocolate flavour is my favourite and you have shared alot. I would definitely try all one by one ;)

Jasmine December 20, 2016

hi Angela. I love the cookie inventory ? i have you on snapchat and noticed how nasaly you are and oh my gosh I have been the exact same since Friday. it’s driving me nuts. its not even cold here.. weve been enjoying above 30degree days. love from AUSTRALIA ?

Lauren December 20, 2016

This round up makes my upcoming baking session about a million times more interesting than sugar cookies and chocolate chip ~ I can’t wait to try some of these <3

Angela Liddon December 20, 2016

Have fun, Lauren! Happy baking!:)

Warren buffett December 18, 2016

Thank you! Going to make the raspberry thumbprint cookies for my daughter!!

Angela Liddon December 19, 2016

I hope she enjoys them, Warren :)

Tamara D December 17, 2016

Thanks for the roundup! I did a gf/vegan cookie exchange with some other “allergy” moms this year and it was amazing! I made your macaroons and the triple almond thumbprint cookies from OSG Everyday and they are both so delicious. My mom took some of the almond ones to a (“regular food”) potluck last night and everyone raved about them. Thank-you so much for making such simple and delicious recipes. I am so grateful to be able to bake tasty things for my little guy who has wheat, dairy and egg allergies and rarely gets to have options for treats!

Angela Liddon December 19, 2016

Oh, you’re so welcome, Tamara. Thank YOU for leaving me such a lovely comment. It really brightened my morning!

Subhani December 14, 2016

I have been looking for different cookies everywhere and now I feel my work has been made easier by bringing all the cookies in one post…Thanks for your efforts and this is a very good collection of cookies…

Heather December 13, 2016

Thank you for the cookie roundup! I made #13 for the first time and they are DELICIOUS. Ate them as breakfast cookies :) Now if only I can figure out how to fit in making them all before Christmas.

Caitlin December 13, 2016

Thank you for rounding up these recipes, cookies are one of my favorite foods so I’ll have to get on with making some of these asap haha!

Angela Liddon December 13, 2016

Haha, I hope you enjoy whichever ones you decide to make, Caitlin! :) Happy baking!

Jacqueline Franco December 12, 2016

You forgot your Wedded Bliss Ginger Cookies! They are my #2 FAVOURITE cookie of yours besides the Jumbo Chocolate Chunk ones.

Samantha January 6, 2017

Agreed! Ive been making these for years and they’re my favorite OSG recipe, hands down!

Rachel December 12, 2016

Angela- you are the goddess of baking. I’ve tried many of your cookies and have never been disappointed. They are ALL amazing even for someone (me) who doesn’t consider herself a baker. One of my favorites though, are your Irresistible Chewy Trail Mix Cookies. They are a staple in my home. I bake them more than anything else. They might not be as holiday oriented as the others – but they are healthy and delicious. I often eat half the batter before they make it to the oven. Thanks for being such a genius. Happy Holidays!

XO Rachel

Sophie Jones December 10, 2016

I’m going to have to get the app, can’t resist Almond Blizzard biscuits recipe!