Victoria, British Columbia –Trip Highlights & Photography!

Victoria, British Columbia-5699

Oh, Victoria. My, my! You dazzled us with your charm and beauty. You even gave us picture perfect weather during the third week of September…lucky us!

Upon our arrival, we instantly knew 2 days wouldn’t be long enough, but all the more reason to go back soon. We literally did not stop the entire 2 days. I’d say we were quite successful doing most things on our list, although we left much of the beautiful island untouched.

Here are some of my favourite shots from our time in Victoria. A photography lover’s dream, it was! At the end of the post, I’ll give you a brief summary of what we did and where we ate. To my surprise, Victoria is very vegan-friendly. Three cheers for that!

Victoria, British Columbia-5692  Victoria, British Columbia-5744

Victoria, British Columbia-5718

Victoria, British Columbia-5803

Victoria, British Columbia-5782

Ghost pictures were taken at night!! (click to enlarge) Eric made me do it… ;)

Victoria, British Columbia-5787 Victoria, British Columbia-5781

20120917_141258

Victoria, British Columbia-6073 Victoria, British Columbia-5671

Victoria, British Columbia-5733

Victoria, British Columbia-5801  Victoria, British Columbia-5688

Victoria, British Columbia-5560

Victoria, British Columbia-5583

Victoria, British Columbia-5584

Victoria, British Columbia-5643

Victoria, British Columbia-5637 Victoria, British Columbia-5702Victoria, British Columbia-5815 Victoria, British Columbia-5674

Victoria, British Columbia-3441

What we did:

– Walked around the charming downtown, Butchart Gardens, drove along the coast and walked along beaches (man, that sun is strong!), shopping (check out Sarah’s Place in Market Square), farmer’s market, enjoyed a drink or two at Irish Times pub with amazing live music, bought snack food at Planet Organic, waterfront for sunset, late night photography fun w/ tripod.

Victoria, British Columbia-5749  Victoria, British Columbia-5620  Victoria, British Columbia-5614

Where we stayed:

– Oswego Hotel. Modern suites. Full kitchen (I really appreciated the French press and blender!). 5-10 min walk to downtown. Downside – no A/C and a hot room, but we weren’t in it much anyway. From what I hear, A/C is rarely needed on the island. You can click to enlarge the above hotel pictures.

Victoria, British Columbia-3444

Food highlights:

– Café Bliss (loved the Thai Noodle Bowl and the Bliss BLT!!), the famous Rebar Modern Food, brunch at Mo:Le (vegan options like tofu scramble). All highly recommended!

Victoria, British Columbia-5912

I think I might have to put together an entire post on Butchart Gardens…so. many. pictures. to share!

Victoria, you’ll forever hold a special place in my heart.

Page 2 of 2«12
Mandy D March 30, 2014

I’m so happy you came here to visit!!! You’re pictures are so beautiful! You captured Vic perfectly. I love all the places you ate! Do you have any plans to come back soon?

– Mandy

Emeti November 28, 2012

i used to live in Vic, and still miss it every day.
tk u for these beautiful pictures and so many memories!

Carolyn October 2, 2012

So glad you loved my city! Sometimes I take a moment to reflect on how lucky I am to live in a city that thousands of people per year actually pay to visit. How many people have carriage rides going right past their apartment? All these people coming to visit, and I never have to leave! Moving to Victoria (from Ontario, kinda near you, actually) was one of the best decisions I ever made. Although Ontario roots grow deep, of course :)

Lorinda @ Everyday Endeavours October 2, 2012

So glad you enjoyed your visit to our fair little city! Am blown away by how many of your commentors above are from here! Be sure to stay a while longer next time you’re ‘over’.

Kari@Loaves and Dishes October 2, 2012

I love Victoria. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, not to mention a great quality of living. I live in South Florida now, and I miss it so; though Florida ain’t so bad.

Katie McCullough October 2, 2012

Hi Angela! Thanks for making my hometown look so beautiful for your blog. Glad you enjoyed it!! The Re-Bar can be touch and go but I went recently on my visit (I live in Ontario now, Guelph actually!) and I was not disappointed with the nut burger. Hope you visit again soon! Love your recipes!

Health Web Blog October 2, 2012

Your pictures are lovely. Though i’ve never been there, but just looking at them makes me feel that i’ve been there myself. It’s like looking at a place where i would only see in my dreams. Great pictures!

Jacqueline October 2, 2012

What a lovely surprise!! I’ve recently found your website and was pleased to find out that you are a fellow Canuck – and then to wake up and see photos of my hometown gave me a great boost to the day….(I live in northern Italy but once a west coaster, always a west coaster!! )

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 2, 2012

I’m glad you enjoyed the post Jacqueline! Sounds like you are living in some great places :)

hihorosie October 2, 2012

I’ve been there! It’s so beautiful and lovely there! Love all the beautiful pictures you shared.

Nat October 1, 2012

Wow, amazing pictures! I’ve been reading your blog for a while but never commented. After moving from Germany to Vancouver I feel like I have to:) Heard so much about Cafe Bliss, hope I’ll make it there soon.

sarahdaffodily October 1, 2012

Oh my goodness those photos are phenomenal! What kind of camera are you using? I am looking at different options to take photos for my food blog. If I’m going to invest in such a pricey item, I would like to get the most for my money!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 1, 2012

Thank you so much! My camera info is all on my FAQ page. :)

Andrea October 1, 2012

You and Eric are such talented photographers! Looks like a beautiful place!

Carolyn October 1, 2012

We do have a beautiful province!!! My husband and I went on two “staycations” this past summer, and we traversed Vancouver Island for one. As a born and bred Vancouverite I sometimes need a nudge to remember just how spectacular (and large!) this province is! Next visit Angela I would suggest going to Salt Spring Island. I have family there and we visit several times a year. They are famous for their amazing Saturday market, and they grow/raise so much of their own food on that island. It is a foodie (and vegan too!) paradise.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 1, 2012

Thanks for the tip Carolyn!

Lauren @ The Homeostatic Mindset October 1, 2012

Absolutely exquisite photography!!! :)

Laurie October 1, 2012

I’ve traveled to over 100 countries and I honestly could not get over the beauty of Butchart Gardens!!! I think it is an incredibly magical place! What a fun time of year to visit!! I can’t wait to see your pics :)

allison October 1, 2012

i too love the island. So much to see. Nanaimo and Parksville/Qualicum are lovely too. Parksville has a store called Naked Naturals that makes the most amazing green bars that I adapted to my own :-) Tofino…ahhhh. I need to go back. I loved Buchart Gardens too. Sigh. Time for an Island trip.

Violet October 1, 2012

Thank you for the gorgeous photos and the feature on my hometown. My husband and I moved here exactly one year ago, a dream come true. I have wanted to live in Victoria for as long as I can remember. I was not surprised that it is vegan-friendly; after all, this is the west coast! Love your site.

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers October 1, 2012

Pretty! It looks gorgeous.

Emily @ Greens, Eggs, & Hamstrings October 1, 2012

My sister works at Rebar – Victoria is full of vegan and vegetarian places!

Life's a Bowl October 1, 2012

WOW, absolutely stunning scenery!!! Great pictures, now I want to go for a visit :D First I’ll have to get an updated passport [minor detail haha]…

Moni @ {Meals Meals} October 1, 2012

I love Victoria. I have only been there once and it also holds a place in my heart. Your pictures and trip just looks so fun!!

Danielle October 1, 2012

I love Victoria! We live in Washington State. If we drive up north to Port Angeles, WA there is a ferry that goes across the Strait of Juan de Fuca to Victoria, BC. Absolutely beautiful!

Nicole October 1, 2012

Would’ve loved to have run into you while you were visiting my hometown! I would’ve told you just how much I love your blog and how you never steer me wrong with your recipes. Victoria is so amazing and I never take for granted just how beautiful and awesome it is. So glad you ate at the restaurants you did – Mole is my absolute favourite!! Well, and Rebar (fantastic cookbook also), Green Cuisine and many others. You’ll definitely have to go back!

Amy October 1, 2012

I’m so thrilled to see you had such a wonderful time here in Victoria! I absolutely love living here and I am so lucky. Next time you must check out other towns/cities on the island. I grew up in a small town about 3 hours away and it is completely on the water. Not a lot to do, but if you are an outdoorsy person (which I know you are) you will love it! Glad to see you checked out a few of my favourite restaurants, especially Rebar! Their vegan brownie is to die for!

Nadiya October 1, 2012

Completely beautiful! Thanx for sharing the pics, now I know where I’ll be headed for my next vacation :P