Speedy Summer Hemp Power Salad

powersalad

One of the things I love about summer is that I can eat like a Queen without much effort. Mid July, our crisper is now overflowing with farmer’s market vegetables, none of which need much fuss or strategic planning in order for a memorable meal. Life gets a bit simpler (yet busier) in the summer and our meals tend to follow suit.

This salad is one such easy summer dish I made yesterday. It took about 10 minutes to prepare and it’s almost entirely raw. If there was such a thing as summer in a bowl this would be it. Tomatoes, corn, cucumber, red pepper, fresh dill, and green onion make up the base, while a creamy avocado lemon dressing ties it all together. The flavour is out of this world.

Instead of using a bean or legume for the protein (and requiring the stove-top!), I used hulled hemp seed, a complete protein containing all 10 essential amino acids and also an excellent source of B vitamins, folic acid, Chlorophyll, Vitamin E, potassium, and more (source). Hemp is easy to digest and a fun way to pump up any salad. A little bit goes a loooong way. You can find it in the natural food section of most grocery stores, as well as bulk food stores like Bulk Barn, online (see my vegan shopping guide here), and in health food stores.

IMG_2269

Plus, it’s so darn pretty!

Each 2-cup serving of this salad contains 15 grams of protein, 11 grams of fibre, and 14 grams of healthy fats making it hearty and satisfying.

IMG_2263 IMG_2259

It also goes fantastic with my newest chip obsession – Neal Brothers Tortillas!

IMG_2270

Speedy Summer Hemp Power Salad

Print, Email, or Text this recipe

Yield: 4 cups

for the vegetable base:

• 1 cup fresh or frozen corn (thawed & drained if using frozen)
  • 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 1 & 1/2 cups chopped cucumber (about 1/2 an English cuke)
  • 1 red pepper, chopped
  • 1 tbsp minced fresh dill weed
  • 3 tbsp hulled hemp seed

for the dressing:

• 1/2 cup avocado flesh (1/2 a large avocado)
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 3 tbsp water
  • 1 tbsp hemp seed
  • 1/4 tsp fine grain kosher salt, or to taste
  • 1 tbsp nutritional yeast

1. Chop vegetables and place into a large bowl.

2. In a mini processor, process the dressing ingredients together until mostly smooth. You can also mash/chop/mix the dressing ingredients by hand.

3. Pour dressing onto vegetables and stir well. Now, stir the hemp seed into the salad. Season to taste and serve. Sprinkle with hemp seed on top because it’s pretty! This salad is best served immediately. With time, water will release from the vegetables and pool at the bottom.

Nutritional Info: (per 2 cup serving) 332 cals, 16 grams fat (2 sat), 28 g carbs, 11 g fibre, 10 g sugar, 15 g protein.

IMG_2211 IMG_2217-2IMG_2219 IMG_2223IMG_2225-2 IMG_2227IMG_2250-2

Summer at its finest.

Enjoy!

1 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table July 11, 2012

15g of protein is amazing! I love it! I’m not a huge corn fan, but I bet some frozen edamame would be incredible here – especially with the avocado dressing.

Hemp seed is a new one to be, but I am really loving the nutty taste it adds to dishes. I’ve been sprinkling it on everything, and even blending it into chilled summer soups.

2 Angela July 11, 2012

Edamame would be awesome and a great source of protein too…I was actually debating putting it in the salad! I can’t get enough of it.

3 Gina @ Walk to the Mailbox January 16, 2013

Hilarious! I am just logging on because I have made this recipe so many times I have memorized it. Hardly a day has gone by in months that my fridge isn’t stocked with atleast 12-16 cups of this deliciousness. The other day I had saw some frozen edamame in my freezer and decided to add. I’m so excited eating it now that I wanted to log onto the comments and add that it would be a great addition. Looks like a TON of people had the same thought! Yippee! <3

4 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } July 11, 2012

I love the tomato + corn combo! I’ve never tried any hemp food product before but I keep hearing about how amazing it is. I’ll have to check out our local health food store next time to see if I can find any!

5 Christa @ Edible Balance July 11, 2012

I am loving the stats on that salad! Avocados are my obsession right now, I really need to get some groceries in my fridge and make this immediately! The weather has been so amazing I haven’t wanted to do anything but sit outside, but my fridge is so very empty ;)

6 The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh July 11, 2012

Wow! I’m super impressed with the nutritional info on this bad boy! Definitely bookmarking this one!

7 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat July 11, 2012

Looks pretty! I agree with Laura above and would add edamame too, but I love the hemp seed addition! I think the people at Bulk Barn are going to think I’m hoarding it somewhere because I’ve purchased so much lately!! Have a great day Ange!

8 raechel @the rebel grrl kitchen July 11, 2012

Gorgeous, Ang! I don’t love dill, so do you think cilantro would work?

9 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 11, 2012

Any herb you like would probably be great in this! I just used dill because Im a huge fan :)

10 Kaila @healthyhelperblog! July 11, 2012

I really love the nuttiness of hemp seeds so I’m sure they taste amazing in this salad! Love all the summery produce included as well!

11 Jo @ LivingMintGreen July 11, 2012

Be still my heart. I love meals like this, esp in the summer when all I want to eat is fresh veggies & fruit. <3

12 Ellen Allard (Gluten Free Diva) July 11, 2012

Ooooh, I love the “gluten free” status of this recipe. Can’t wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

13 LizAshlee July 11, 2012

I love simple summer salads too..I am definitely saving this recipe to make this weekend!

14 Faith @ For the Health of It July 11, 2012

I’ve never used hemp seeds in salads, but it looks like a fantastic add-in, especially when countered with the creamy avocado! Hemp is awesome though – I put it on top of a vegan high-protein cauliflower mash and thought I was in heaven. That reminds me – maybe I should make that dish again!

15 Danielle July 11, 2012

I love hempseeds and avocado on my salads! I have one packed for lunch today :)

16 Joanna July 11, 2012

I got hooked on hemp seeds a few months ago and can’t get enough. Can’t wait to try it with avocado dressing.

17 Janae @ Bring-Joy July 11, 2012

Love hemp, but have always had a heck of a time finding it anywhere (I’ve had to order it) & I wish it wasn’t so expensive, but I love the stuff, so I buy it anyway. I like sprinkling on pasta b/c it kinda reminds me of parmesean cheese (used to love the stuff).

18 nicole @ its about the journey not the destination July 11, 2012

mmm this looks amazing! I can’t wait to try it =)

19 Kathy Steger July 11, 2012

Your pictures always look amazing. I cant wait to try this salad tonight. Love love avocadoes.

20 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 11, 2012

Thanks Kathy! I hope you enjoy it.

21 Sarah July 11, 2012

Yum! I love hemp too. They now sell it at costco in canada in the big bags, it’s the cheapest I’ve seen!

22 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 11, 2012

Do they really?? That’s exciting! I will keep my eyes peeled for it.

23 Sarah July 11, 2012

Yep, in the cereal aisle :) its the Manitoba harvest brand.

24 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 11, 2012

I wouldnt have thought to look for it there. Thanks for the tip

25 Anna July 11, 2012

Hulled hemp seeds. Hmmm. I’ve never used them before — but they make a pretty salad (not to mention all the nutritional qualities! I’m going to have to give it a shot.
I completely agree about summer being more simple but somehow busier, and food reflecting it. We’ve been eating lots of salads and grilled veggies in my house, and I think we should give this a try!

26 Heather @ Fit Mama Real Food July 11, 2012

I have a huge bag of hemp seeds ready for something like this!

27 Jody July 11, 2012

We love hemp in our house. Hemp seed, hemp oil, and hemp protein/fiber powder. All of these are used daily in our house, especially by my vegetarian daughter.
This salad looks delicious. I have all the ingredients (happy dance!) so i am going to make this for lunch.
Avocado and hemp seed make a super yummy combination!

28 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 11, 2012

I’ve been wanting to try out hemp oil for ages now. I’ve heard it’s one of the healthiest oils to take daily!
Hope you enjoy the salad Jody.

29 Andrea @ Vegvacious July 11, 2012

I love this time of year too! There really is nothing better than fresh from the vine, local produce. Great idea about adding hemp seeds — I need to increase my protein intake and I never thought about using hemp seeds and I just happen to have some in my refrigerator :)

30 Lexi @ You, Me, & A World to See July 11, 2012

I’ve been doing the same thing! Plenty of farmers’ market produce to make salad, homemade tapas (!!!), and even breakfast too :)

31 Emily July 11, 2012

I have never tried hulled hemp seed and this makes me want to run out the door for some right now! I just so happen to have all of those veggies in my fridge-lunch!!!
Great looking recipe-thanks!

32 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because July 11, 2012

Love avocado-based dressings; that color is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

33 Kacie Phillips July 11, 2012

YUM! This recipe looks delicious! i am archiving it now. What a perfect summer treat.

34 Cait's Plate July 11, 2012

My boyfriend’s mom was recently in an accident and was told to up her protein for healing. I’m definitely going to make her this!

35 Carrie (Carrie on Vegan) July 11, 2012

Ohh, yummy yummy! I have started using hemp seeds so much more in my cooking. I made a salad similar to yours and used the seeds in a dressing, I just blended them with an avocado, apple cider vinegar and a few dates for sweetness. My other favorite way to use hemp seeds is in a raw cookie. Thanks for the continued inspiration!

36 amelia July 11, 2012

I love that I have every ingredient in my fridge from our CSA this week, including fresh sweet corn! I know what’s going to be for lunch, with a side of my Ezekiel wrap chips and some okra!

37 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 11, 2012

that sounds lovely!

38 Lindsay July 11, 2012

This looks amazing and I only need a few more ingredients! Can’t wait to try it out!! This would be great with some raw bread, too.

39 Ann July 11, 2012

This looks fantastic and “so Angela.” Can’t wait to make it! Yummy yummers :)

40 Amanda July 11, 2012

I’ve been loving these types of meals lately, when it’s been way too hot to turn on the oven. The produce is so awesome right now – it can totally stand on its own. Looking forward to trying this salad!

41 Tracy July 11, 2012

Love this recipe! I actually do something very similar, I think the only difference is that I cube my avocado instead of using it as a dressing. Great flavors :)

42 Kim Oakes July 11, 2012

So, like a crazy person, I was at the grocery store at 7 when it opened to buy all of these ingredients. Let me just say… .YUM! I can’t wait for lunch.

43 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 11, 2012

hah nice. ;) Hope you enjoy it Kim.

44 Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning July 11, 2012

I definitely feel like I eat like a queen in the summer too. The only problem is- there are TOO many good veggies at the farmers market! I tend to go way overboard and buy enough to stock up my entire fridge. My husband and I both love veggies, and can have a big serving with each meal- but there’s still only so much that 2 people can eat (and it KILLS me to throw away produce!)

45 Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy July 11, 2012

power salad indeed! this looks incredible!

46 Jesse (Out To Lunch Creations) July 11, 2012

This salad sounds amazing! I LOVE avocado dressings, they are so creamy and delicious.

47 Willow July 11, 2012

Mm, I’d love a bowl of this for picnicing this afternoon! I’ve just recently started using hemp seeds, and their nutritional power still boggles my mind… they’re incredible! Will definitely be making this salad soon. :)

48 Heather (Heather's Dish) July 11, 2012

oooooh this sounds SO fresh and delicious! i love the dressing too…something i think i’d use on just about anything!

49 Fran July 11, 2012

Please forgive me if this was asked earlier or mentioned but I am new to using different grains and seeds. Did you use both hulled hemp seeds and hemp seeds for this? The recipe I printed mentions both. Many Thanks~I love your recipes.

50 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 11, 2012

Hey Fran, Sorry if I confused you! I used shelled (or hulled) hemp seeds throughout. Enjoy :)

51 Meredith July 11, 2012

Hey Ange! Can this avocado dressing be made up ahead of time and stored in the fridge or it it best used immediately?

52 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 11, 2012

I wouldn’t expect the dressing would last more than a 1-2 days. I find avocado can “go” pretty quick once prepared. I’m sure it would be fine for a couple days though.

53 Stephanie @ The Fitness Adventures July 11, 2012

I love the summer bounty of fresh fruits and vegetables! It makes healthy eating so effortless and tasty too. ;)

54 Averie @ Averie Cooks July 11, 2012

Gotta love summertime veggie and fruit season…sure makes life faster in the kitchen. So much to choose from, too. My eyes are bigger than my crisper drawer usually :)

55 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers July 11, 2012

I’ve only tried one hemp protein, but I wasn’t a fan. A big part was texture though, so maybe I’d like the seeds. Goodness knows I already love flax n’ chia.

56 Emily July 11, 2012

Love this! Where are your amazing and colorful spoons from?? They always seem to make everything even more enticing – if possible! :)

57 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 11, 2012

Thank you. They are from Crate and Barrel – appetizer spoons I think they are called.

58 Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife July 11, 2012

That looks amazingly delicious!

59 Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition July 11, 2012

I love the colors of that beautiful salad! There’s nothing better than healthy, easy. and delicious

60 Jacqueline July 11, 2012

I’ve always been nervous about trying hemp seed but now you’ve given me a dish I’ve gotta try!

61 Danielle July 11, 2012

This looks so amazing! I’ve been wanting to try Hemp seeds for a long time now but I haven’t been able to find it at wholefoods. I’m making another trip next week and I am determined to find them before leaving the store!

62 Hannah July 11, 2012

I had the same problem a few weeks ago….I looked EVERYWHERE, even by all the seeds (you’d think they’d be there, right?). They’re by all the supplements, in my WF the chia seeds were next to them as well. Hope you can find them!

63 Danielle July 11, 2012

Thank you Hannah for the tips! The chia seeds at the whole foods closest to me are in the bulk aisle, but I will definitely try the supplement aisle because I’ve been wanting them for a long time, and this salad is making me want it even more! Thanks again for the advice!

64 Hannah July 11, 2012

Had all of the ingredients and just made this for lunch — so delish! Definitely a new easy lunch salad for me!

65 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 11, 2012

Im happy to hear that Hannah!

66 Michele July 11, 2012

Can’t wait to make this–perfect summertime (easy to prepare) meal. I’m adding it to my “Oh She Glows” Recipe Binder!

67 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 11, 2012

That is so fun you have a binder of recipes :)

68 Tiffany July 11, 2012

Hi Angela,

I made this for lunch today! It was absolutely delicious! Thank you :)

By the way I bought some hemp seeds today from the bulk bins but I also saw some that were packaged that read “Hulled Hemp seed”….what does that mean?

69 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 11, 2012

Hey Tiffany,
Hulled hemp seed is simply hemp seed with its outer shell removed. Hope this helps. :)

70 Lisa @ the raw serenity July 11, 2012

Love the look and sound of this salad!
I have no hemp seeds so is there anything I could sub with? Perhaps sunflower? X

71 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 11, 2012

Hey Lisa, You could really use any kind of seed (or nut) you like.

72 Nadine Veroba July 11, 2012

Just made this recipe and it is FANTASTIC! Definitely going to be a regular salad this summer :) Thanks for another great recipe!

73 Anna @ The Guiltless Life July 11, 2012

Yum! I am always happy for a new salad recipe :)

74 Krista July 11, 2012

YUM!!! Made this for dinner and it was fabulous!!!
I chopped my tomato and let it drain for a good hour before making the salad and I’m happy to say that the leftovers are still looking great – no sloppy juice at the bottom!
Thanks for another awesome recipe!

75 Hippie Butter July 11, 2012

What a great recipe, thank you very much for posting. We’re going make a big bowl for this weekends neighborhood get together.

76 Erin July 11, 2012

Yum!! I just made this for dinner and it is so delicious! I made it with the addition of some fresh summer squash and zucchini, but without hemp seeds. I’ll have to try it again when I can pick some up at the store. A delightful summer salad!

77 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 12, 2012

I love the idea of using summer squash…I’ll have to try that. :)

78 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin July 11, 2012

Wow I can’t believe how much protein a small serving of hemp seeds has! That’s amazing.

79 Heathy @ Sweetly Raw July 11, 2012

This looks delish. I love refreshing salads like this! been sprinkling hemp seeds on all my salads lately.

80 Claire Debliquy July 11, 2012

Hi Angela,

I love your blog and all your recipes are delicious. Your story also reminds me of my own story apart that my vegan & body loving journey is just at the early stage. Thank you for inspiring me to cook some delicious vegan meals.

I have noticed you are a runner and I am also one- I am currently training for a 12km race in august- can you please post a few tips on vegan eating for a race/ training?

Thanks :)

81 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 12, 2012

Hey Claire,

I didn’t eat much different than normal when I trained for my races. I basically just made sure that I had a bit more protein after tough runs, whether in the form of beans, legumes, nuts, whole grains, seeds or protein powder. Goodluck with your race!

82 kendra July 12, 2012

I love hemp in salads along with sunflower and pumpkin seeds- makes an awesome Congo.

83 kendra July 12, 2012

Haha I mean combo

84 Lesley July 12, 2012

Looks delicious and I need to try hemp seeds. I have never had them before but next time I am out, they will be on my list!

85 Brittany July 12, 2012

This looks delicious Angela! I’ve already pinned it. :)

86 Helen @ This New Song July 12, 2012

Hemp seed sounds so good for you! Especially because I’ve gotten into the habit of “forgetting” to take my vitamins. It’s such a simple task but I always manage to forget!

87 Natalie July 12, 2012

We sell many products containing hemp seed at our booth at the St. Norbert Farmers Market! Check Out The Bread Lady if you’re there! Hulled hemp seed is also available. This salad looks absolutely scrumptious!

88 Mara July 12, 2012

What a wonderful combination. Was so excited to get home from
work and whip this one up. Lucky to have almost all ingredientsoin hand. And thankful that the dressing could be made by hand cuz I’ve gone thru 2 KA mini food
choppers already!! Any other good ones out there you’d recommend? Thank you for the super easy nutritious salad! Definitely one that can be packed for a picnic or BBQ.

89 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 12, 2012

Hey Mara, I have the Cuisinart Smart Stick Immersion blender + mini processor. I’ve only had it a few months but no probs so far. I use my mini processor ALL the time!!! Love. I dont use the immersion blender as much as I thought I would though, so next time Id probably just opt for the mini processor.

90 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 12, 2012

and im glad you enjoyed the salad!

91 Wendy July 12, 2012

This is so beautiful! I tried hemp when I first when vegan last fall and loved it but haven’t bought any more since. I have no idea why! I’m adding it to my next Whole Foods run list and can’t wait to give this a try. I love any dressing made with avocado!

92 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 12, 2012

I always forget about hemp seed too and usually pass it by because it’s expensive, but Im always amazed by how long a package lasts me! I think I had my last package for 3 months in the fridge.

93 JenniferF July 12, 2012

Yay! Other than a dill/cilantro switch I have all of the ingredients! Perfect!!

94 Angela July 12, 2012

This is such a creative use for hemp! I always just throw them in my morning smoothie. Gonna have to try this recipe to find out what they actually taste like, ha!

95 Jena July 12, 2012

Angela – I am absolutely thrilled about this salad! I’ve been on a hemp-seed kick for a couple of weeks while I’ve been out of nuts and trying to use up miscellaneous items in the pantry. Now I have a new way to enjoy them besides with my breakfast porridge :)

96 Moni Meals July 12, 2012

Now we are talking!!This sounds spectacular. My kinda meal… summer at its finest= is agreed!

97 Sunnie@moderngirlnutrition July 12, 2012

This salad is gorgeous and looks incredibly refreshing! Thanks for the recipe:) Love the new banner, by the way. Cherries are the best!

98 Laura July 12, 2012

Finally broke down and made this salad last night (first one of yours I’ve done!). It was mind-blowingly good. Probably will look for the smallest possible garlic clove next time as my kiddo didn’t care for the ‘bite’ of the raw garlic. But easily resolved! Thanks tons!

99 Caitlin @ livelovenyc July 12, 2012

this is a beautiful salad! i have been super into corn lately and I never used to like it – i might just have to whip this up. hope you had a great week :)

100 Michelle Evans July 12, 2012

I just made this tonight and wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it! I bought hemp seeds awhile back, and haven’t ever even had them before, but they were just delicious in the salad! What a perfect meal for a scorching summer night :)

101 allison July 13, 2012

i made this lastnight. It was awesome. I’ve never used fresh raw corn and it was soooo good. I’m not sure why we cook it :-) can’t wait to make it for my daughter…she’s a huge avocado fan like me :-)

102 Laura July 13, 2012

Wow! Great salad! I’m munching on it right now… And you’re right, I feel like I’m eating like a queen! I don’t have a food processor (working on it) so I was happy that the dressing ingredients turned out great just by mashing them together in a small container.

103 Liz July 15, 2012

This recipe looks amazing, however, I’m wondering where the 16g of protein per serving comes in. I’ve tried a few brands of hemp seed, and 3 Tbsp is one serving, and that usually has about 11g of protein. This recipe makes two servings. Am I missing something?? Thanks!

104 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 15, 2012

Hey Liz, The extra protein comes mostly from the avocado and nutritional yeast. There are also 4 tbsp of hemp seed in the recipe, not 3, adding a bit more protein. I just double checked my entries in Nutrition Data (the website I use to calculate it) and I didn’t see any errors. Hope this helps & Enjoy!

105 Leah July 15, 2012

Thanks for another great recipe! I made this today and it is so delicious.

106 Christine Gillis July 15, 2012

I made this salad twice since Thursday along with the Triple Almond Cherry Squares….so yummy and everyone loved them! I am going to make that dressing and pour it over pasta…warm or cold…I think it would be so yummy! You never cease to amaze me Angela!

107 Libby July 16, 2012

Oh, so delicious! I absolutely love avocado! Can’t wait to try this :D

108 Elizabeth July 16, 2012

Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln, that looks amazing!!
Am making it this week. The kiddos and I eat hemp daily.
Peace and Raw Health,
Elizabeth

109 Sara July 16, 2012

Eating this as I type! Delicious! I added edamame and carrots(was out of tomatoes) and it turned out awesome! My meat eating husband tasted it and said “I could eat that every day!”. That says a lot! Thanks for the great recipe!!

110 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 16, 2012

Hey Sara, I’m so glad you both enjoyed it so much! I love your addition of edamame and carrots…I’ll have to try that!

111 Sar July 17, 2012

Easily my favourite new salad, hands down. I love how fresh and summery it tastes, and even with all the protein in this salad, I don’t feel heavy or weighed down after eating it!

I’m allergic to avocado (very hard for a vegetarian) so I substituted it in the dressing with Tahini, and had to add a little more lemon and water to make the dressing a nice consistency. Let me say, with Tahini, this salad is also CREAMY, RICH, and full of healthy proteins and fats.

I also doubled the amount of corn (mmmmm) and will probably even do more next time.

This also might work nicely with a bed of spinach or very finely diced kale, for added leafy green goodness.

Keep up the life-changing work, Angela!

112 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 17, 2012

Hey Sar, Great call on subbing the avocado with tahini! I bet that tasted wonderful. My fav dressing is a lemon tahini based one. So very creamy! Glad you enjoyed it. Have a great week.

113 kristy July 17, 2012

I saw this and had to make it!!!!! Let me tell everyone it is the bomb! I threw in quinoa and black beans. Even without those additions it would be super yummy! Make this and make your tummy smile!

114 DHK July 17, 2012

This salad is DELICIOUS! Just made it, and am wolfing it down :) The dressing itself it really good too – might use this as a general dressing sometime. Thanks for a great recipe.

115 Terra July 23, 2012

I made this for dinner tonight along with your stir fry and it was AMAZING. I will make it again tonight. Thank you so much for the amazing recipes.

116 Destini July 23, 2012

Angela i just love your salads! Soo wonderful! I will add this to my “salad in a jar” lunch menu next week :)

117 Sara August 20, 2012

Absolutely love this salad! Didn’t have any dill handy so made with a few mint leaves from my herb box and it was delicious! I actually don’t think I have ever enjoyed a salad (that doesnt have potatoes or pasta in it) so much. I served with your crispy potato wedges and have a picture on my blog if you want to check it out :) Thanks for all the lovely recipes

118 Melissa August 30, 2012

This looks totally amazing!! It has so many of my favorites – hemp, tomato, avacado, corn, etc! I can hardly wait to make this for our Labor Day cook out this weekend. But i really think I need to preview it tomorrow…you know, just to make sure that it’s as incredible as it sounds. Thanks for another amazing recipe Angela!

119 vlad August 6, 2013

Hey Angela! I was wondering if I can add grains to this salad. If so, what kind of grains would fit?

120 Starr April 18, 2015

THIS…IS…ONE…OF…MY…ABSOLUTE…FAVORITE….SALADS. OMG, this was really really good. I used green peas instead of corn. Everything else was sooooo divine. I especially love love love the dressing. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us :)

121 Sarah June 22, 2015

This is delicious mixed in with couscous!