The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

You know a weekend was fun when you wake up on Monday morning feeling like you need to sleep for 53 hours. (That’s also the sign of a good vacation!) It’s the classic weekend hangover and it often lingers well into Tuesday. My solution is to relive random phone photos, creep other people’s weekend on Facebook, and make plans for next weekend. It’s sometimes the only way that Monday can be tolerated.

1. Dairy-free gelato. Chocolate Alphabet & Casa del Gelato in Oakville, is becoming a problem. And by problem, I’m referring to the mountain of cute bowls and spoons that I insist on hoarding and washing for future photography purposes. Don’t ask.

20120521_151147

ps- lemon for the win!

2. Mums that last for 3 weeks (what the….?), repurposed in a couple jars.

20120603_121458

3. Beautiful roses from my niece and nephew. xo

20120602_171556

4. Seeing dogs so disgustingly perfect, I had to snap a pic immediately. Cannot handle the cuteness!

20120528_200914

5. Enjoying one of my favourite vegan meals at Paradiso restaurant. It’s a Portobello steak and was frickin’ fabulous.

Must recreate.

20120602_193105

6. wine & loved ones

20120602_190050

7. Cards. Note: Trying to teach someone Euchre at the end of the night is probably not the best idea. Just throwing that out there. ;)

20120602_233053

8. Getting a tweet that KD Lang & crew are enjoying my vegan recipes via a caterer backstage! [Image via @clcampbell1271]

AuWGu9lCIAE3Rqz.jpg large

9. Blurry couple portrait #645364.

20120602_225923

10. Tequila shots gone wrong. Thank you broken salt container.

20120602_231045

11. Sunday morning.

20120603_085651

12. Homemade brunch & a Timmy’s coffee run!

20120603_101834

13. Served with Raw Triple Berry Fruit crisp.

20120603_101000

14. Whole Foods Salad Bar.

20120603_135320

15. Necessary hangover food. PS- You were right about the baked S&V Kettle chips!! New fav.

20120603_122732 20120602_163514

16. Repurposing the raw triple berry crisp into a salad with shredded kale, coconut oil, and balsamic vinegar. Very good idea.

IMG_3248

17. Enjoying the sun and a wonderful new book after a rainy weekend. Note the highlighter. ;)

20120603_183738

Until next time!

Page 2 of 2«12
Al October 6, 2012

YUMMMMMMM – that is some of the tastiest looking vittles I’ve seen in a while. It actually made me hungry – I will now go eat!

Meister, Running While Smiling June 8, 2012

Jeez Louise, whatta weekend: You are basically showing the rest of us how it’s done, aren’t you?

Also? KD LANG FTW!

caren magill June 5, 2012

Miss me some timmy ho’s!!!!! Happy b-lated.

K June 5, 2012

Love gelato! Next time you are in Toronto, you should check out Soma Chocolatiers (2 locations- King St. West and Distillery District). They have beautiful and delicious flavour combinations of gelato. College Street has tons of variety, Dolce gelato is my fav. there!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 5, 2012

Thanks for the tip!

Clare June 5, 2012

How cool that KD Lang is getting your recipes; love her! I’m in Oakville too and my husband and I often go to Paradiso for their yummy Vegan menu offering…I don’t know anywhere else downtown that does one so it’s made me a loyal fan. Also, those two Goldens are a regular sight when we go for walks down by the lake. My kids like to wave to them :)

Holly W June 5, 2012

oh my goodness – there is so much from your weekend that I want in my life! Portobella Steaks?! Please recreate and share! and KD Lang nom-ing on your recipes?!
and i LOVE that you play Euchre. I’m from Indiana, and since I’ve moved to Utah, no one has even heard of Euchre, so I miss playing it.
what a beautiful and enjoyable weekend!

Margaret M. June 5, 2012

Great photos! I can see that you really had a great weekend. I love the gelato and the dogs are so cute. How I wish I have one of those dogs as my own. huhu..they’re so cute can’t get enough of them.

Sarah S. June 5, 2012

Oh good LORD the variety of tasty-looking food photos in the post has made me so hungry!

LizAshlee June 5, 2012

Sounds like a perfect weekend!!

Tiffany June 5, 2012

Wow, so cool about KD Lang! Looks like an awesome weekend. How is the book?

kaity June 5, 2012

wat a awesome wknd! and im cracking up about the hoarding the cups i do the same thing with the whole foods icecream cups because there so cute !

Maria@sinfully nutritious June 5, 2012

Cononut ice cream and salt and vinegar chops, two of my favorite things…yum!

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts June 5, 2012

This looks like a wonderful weekend – just beautiful!

Tamara June 5, 2012

Love that Portobello ‘steak’… can’t wait for your recipe of it to come out!

xox
T

Ashley (Taste for Healthy) June 4, 2012

Looks like an excellent weekend! :) P.S. I LOVE that book! It, along with your blog, inspired me to ‘take a leap’ to follow my passion for all things nutrition, health, & wellness back in 2010! I ended up enrolling at Integrative Nutrition, and have never been more excited about everything in life! Thank you for being such an inspiration, Angela! xoxo

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 5, 2012

So glad to hear that Ashley! Congrats on your life change :)

Lexi @ You, Me, & A World to See June 4, 2012

Hahahahhaha the coconut bliss and brita picture is my fav. Such a classic ;)

Moni Meals June 4, 2012

Seriously, how do you top a weekend like this! Wow Ang. Are you serious, with Kd Lang?! How cool! Hope you catch up on some rest tonight. ;)

Cara June 4, 2012

Ever read the Teany cookbook? (I think you’ve mentioned visiting the restaurant, although it’s been gone for some time now.) I’m not a hangover person, but I LOVE teany’s grilled cashew-butter sandwich (it’s definitely a food I’ve eaten obsessively) and it is–according to the cookbook–the world’s most perfect hangover food.

char eats greens June 4, 2012

Ahhh, you just reminded me that I have Coconut Bliss ice cream in MY freezer…I think you know where I’m headed after I click ‘submit’ ;)

char eats greens June 4, 2012

Nevermind, I lied. It’s actually So Delicious I have. But Coconut Bliss IS on sale at my health food store this week, so I plan to stock up on it haha

Natalie @ FreshLifeFindings June 4, 2012

I love your re-cap. And I had a major weekend hangover this morning. It took two cups of coffee to get me going and even then I whined for a while. The berry crisp looks so refreshing I must make! And I love the tequila gone wrong shot, so funny. I hope you enjoy your week! I made sure to get in my salad a day :)

katie June 4, 2012

Looks like a fabulous weekend.

And KD Lang!!

Also, Coconut Bliss – love it.

Jacqueline June 4, 2012

That looks like the PERFECT weekend. Great food, awesome company, and fun festivities!! I want to visit that gelato shop – looks delicious!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 4, 2012

I love Paradiso too! I need to make another visit there soon so I can try that portabello dish – it looks amazing!

B @ Crags and Veggies June 4, 2012

Wow, those mums are gorgeous!

Michelle June 4, 2012

Oh all of your photos and explorations are making me homesick for Oakville!! I used to live 2 seconds from that gelato place. It’s the best when it’s a warm summer night and sitting out on their “patio”. I’m currently in Halifax (which is nice too), but Oakville has a particular charm in the downtown area. Have you been to the Green Bean?

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 5, 2012

Yes we really love the Green Bean…their vegan wrap is to die for!

Angela June 4, 2012

I laughed out loud at the tequila shots gone wrong photo. And the portabello mushroom steAk looks amazing

Erin @ The Grass Skirt June 4, 2012

Your weekend is making me hungry! :) The photo of those dogs should be in a calendar or something. Even the house looks picture perfect.

Justyn June 4, 2012

Our family of six is working our way through a lot of your recipes and blogging it as we go. I felt I should let you know ;) A very delicious experiment indeed.

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 5, 2012

That’s great, I will certainly check it out!

Kathy June 4, 2012

Love that book!

I’m not a fan of dill – what other herb do you think would compliment the rest of the Asparagus Potato Salad well if any?

Thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 5, 2012

You could probably just add more chives?

laura June 4, 2012

Looks like a perfect weekend! :)

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers June 4, 2012

Looks like a good time to me – lthough all the salt in that one tequila shot alone would give me a hangover! ha ;) I’m totally jealous of the gelato. I can hardly find it near me at all, much less in dairy-free form.

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } June 4, 2012

K.D. Lang was just in town last week – that must feel amazing to know she was eating your food!