The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

You know a weekend was fun when you wake up on Monday morning feeling like you need to sleep for 53 hours. (That’s also the sign of a good vacation!) It’s the classic weekend hangover and it often lingers well into Tuesday. My solution is to relive random phone photos, creep other people’s weekend on Facebook, and make plans for next weekend. It’s sometimes the only way that Monday can be tolerated.

1. Dairy-free gelato. Chocolate Alphabet & Casa del Gelato in Oakville, is becoming a problem. And by problem, I’m referring to the mountain of cute bowls and spoons that I insist on hoarding and washing for future photography purposes. Don’t ask.

20120521 151147   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

ps- lemon for the win!

2. Mums that last for 3 weeks (what the….?), repurposed in a couple jars.

20120603 121458   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

3. Beautiful roses from my niece and nephew. xo

20120602 171556   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

4. Seeing dogs so disgustingly perfect, I had to snap a pic immediately. Cannot handle the cuteness!

20120528 200914   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

5. Enjoying one of my favourite vegan meals at Paradiso restaurant. It’s a Portobello steak and was frickin’ fabulous.

Must recreate.

20120602 193105   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

6. wine & loved ones

20120602 190050   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

7. Cards. Note: Trying to teach someone Euchre at the end of the night is probably not the best idea. Just throwing that out there. ;)

20120602 233053   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

8. Getting a tweet that KD Lang & crew are enjoying my vegan recipes via a caterer backstage! [Image via @clcampbell1271]

AuWGu9lCIAE3Rqz.jpg large   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

9. Blurry couple portrait #645364.

20120602 225923   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

10. Tequila shots gone wrong. Thank you broken salt container.

20120602 231045   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

11. Sunday morning.

20120603 085651   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

12. Homemade brunch & a Timmy’s coffee run!

20120603 101834   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

13. Served with Raw Triple Berry Fruit crisp.

20120603 101000   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

14. Whole Foods Salad Bar.

20120603 135320   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

15. Necessary hangover food. PS- You were right about the baked S&V Kettle chips!! New fav.

20120603 122732   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food 20120602 163514   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

16. Repurposing the raw triple berry crisp into a salad with shredded kale, coconut oil, and balsamic vinegar. Very good idea.

IMG 3248   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

17. Enjoying the sun and a wonderful new book after a rainy weekend. Note the highlighter. ;)

20120603 183738   The Weekend Snapshots : Food, Food, Randomness, and more Food

Until next time!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 4, 2012

Whaaaat? You fed KD Lang? I just saw her Friday night in Atlanta. I wonder if she was snacking on some OSG treats down South? :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2012

I think that was the show actually! I had no idea, but a caterer tweeted me with all the pics. How was the show?

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 4, 2012

Too funny! The show was amazing – it was outdoors at the botanical gardens. Hearing her sing Hallelujah out there under the moon was hauntingly beautiful.

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2012

I can only imagine :)

Destini June 4, 2012

That looks like a wonderfully crazy weekend! That berry breakfast….i want right now!!

Great photos :)

Fanta June 4, 2012

This was a great post! Thanks for sharing :)

KD Lang for the win!

Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana June 4, 2012

What a fun weekend! Those mums are gorgeous, love the color and can’t believe they’ve lasted for that long!

Shannon @ Urban Moda Photography June 4, 2012

I love gelato!! And now I want to make my very own berry crisp…and not share with anyone.

Katie @ Creature of Habit June 4, 2012

Looks like fun! I like creeping on other people’s weekends too. I think we all enjoy living vicariously through the internet ;)

Earthy Nicole June 4, 2012

Omigosh, those dogs really are perfect! So cute! Also, that gelato looks amazing! xx

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh June 4, 2012

Is that a “happy birthday” card from the niece and nephew? Happy Belated Birthday if I missed it! It looks like a WONDERFUL weekend!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat June 4, 2012

Looks like an AWESOME weekend! I’ll happily taste test that portobello steak when you decide to re-create it. The blurry photo of you and Eric made me laugh – what a beauty!! :)

Trainerpack June 4, 2012

Hope the book is good! On my to read list.

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2012

It’s really good so far. I have highlighted so many things!! I might do a review on it when Im done.

Karen June 5, 2012

The title of that book piqued my interest too! I’d love to hear a brief summary/opinion of the book once finished if you can manage to incorporate into one of your posts (and in the end you find the book as awesome as it appears.) I prefer reading mostly nonfiction for pleasure too, w/the occasional “substantial” fiction thrown into the mix.

Love this weekend snapshot series…much more of an interesting narrative than most other similar posts from other bloggers. Great job!

Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition June 4, 2012

Great book! I’m a big fan of Chris’s Blog also

Looks like you had a lovely weekend.

It was my birthday and I went white water rafting- so much fun!

Bree June 4, 2012

Just read The Fire Starter Sessions by Danielle Laporte and heard about that book – is it good??? :-)

Alisha @ Pink Spatulas June 4, 2012

What a fun summer weekend! That gelato does look delicious… I love combining raspberry and lemon flavors. So refreshing!

Keri June 4, 2012

Those two Goldens are ridiculously cute! And can’t wait till you re-create the Portabello steaks :)

Andrea @ Vegvacious June 4, 2012

How cool about the KD Lang tweet – that’s pretty exciting! You did have a truly awesome weekend by the looks of it — busy, fun-filled weekends are the best; especially during the summer months :)

PS – how do you like that book – it definitely looks like something right up my alley (even if it is the size of ginormous university textbook!!!)

Stephanie @ The Fitness Adventures June 4, 2012

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend. I love, love, love fruit based gelato (and the cute little bowls and spoons that they come in)!

Erin Motz June 4, 2012

I laughed out loud at that salt picture! So funny! ;-)

Sana June 4, 2012

Lovely weekend! Thanks for sharing!

Heather (Heather's Dish) June 4, 2012

wow, fabulous weekend!

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 4, 2012

Wow, what a fabulous weekend! DAIRY FREE GELATO!!??!!?? *amazing!* wow…simply wow!! and that portobello steak looks outrageous! thanks for sharing your fun weekend!

Karen June 4, 2012

RE OAKVILLE GELATO!! Tell me about it! My hubby and I went on Saturday night as well! For Basil Strawberry and Pineapple.. he had Roasted Almond and said it was his new fave!
It’s bad I think we go once a week! haa .. we also go to Stoney’s Bread Company just up the road for salads before hand and they are HUGE !

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2012

Strawberry basil is my second fav :) We have been meaning to go to Stoney’s for a while. glad to hear it’s good! The patio is always packed.

Karen June 4, 2012

You need to go- truly! It’s delicious! and they are more than happy to “hold the cheese” on items to make them vegan friendly. My hubby loves the pizza and their tomato sauce is a fire roasted one- the hubs loves it.
Enjoy!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 5, 2012

Thanks Karen, that’s good to know!

Sarah L. June 4, 2012

Umm…why are you so much taller than the overly salted guy? :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks June 4, 2012

KD Lang enjoying your recipes?! AWESOME!

And flowers that last 3 weeks? 3 days is usually more like it for me! Lucky girl :)

Kaila @healthyhelperblog! June 4, 2012

What an awesome weekend! Next time I’m in Oakville I am definitely stopping by those gelato places!!!

Anna @ The Guiltless Life June 4, 2012

1. That coconut bliss ice cream is my FAVOURITE. On another ice cream note – do you find dairy-free gelato is easy to find? I have realized that I am slightly lactose intolerant and so although I don’t have much dairy in the house, it will be hard forgoing my gelato/fro-yo treats when out :(.

2. kd lang enjoying your treats from a caterer? Amazing. I can’t imagine how that tweet felt to get!

3. Yes yes yes to portobello steaks. Please, really DO recreate that one! I love em to death.

Heather @ For the Love of Kale June 4, 2012

Looks like a fab weekend, Angela! I totally agree with the sweet and salty mix of snacks to cure that hangover. It just needs to happen. ;-) THOSE DOGS ARE ADORABLE! Melted into a puddle upon seeing them.

Ellie @ healthy belly ellie June 4, 2012

Love these picture posts! SO cute!! Must try those salt and vin chips!! AHHH

Lauren June 4, 2012

I can’t believe that’s a portobello in that pic. It really looks like steak! Just curious, what’s the gelato made from if it’s dairy-free?

Sara June 4, 2012

Awesome pictures! Look like you had a great weekend! Can you please share how you created that beautiful berry crisp salad … is it just kale topped with berry crisp? Did you mix coconut oil and balsamic to make the dressing? What kind of kale did you use? Looks like dinosaur. The salad looks delicious!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2012

Yup dinosaur kale! I just massaged shredded dino kale with coconut oil then drizzled it with balsamic. Finally, mixed in a hefty helping of the berry salad with extra oat/nut crumble on top. It was lovely!

Cara June 4, 2012

how brilliant are you to turn a DESSERT into a SALAD???

Danielle @ Dish'n'Dash June 4, 2012

Love euchre! It is such a quintessential Ontario game. A difficult game to explain/teach (and made more difficult after a night of drinking!) but so much fun to play.

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2012

haha so true ;)

Laura June 4, 2012

Those dogs are ridiculous! But amazing. Love the post!

Karyn June 4, 2012

You had me at Euchre! I am a Michigander transplanted to the South and no one here even knows what it is. (except for one fellow I met…from Ohio) A friend decided to teach me when we were younger at the end of a long night. Not sure if that helped or hurt!!!

Jenny June 4, 2012

Looks like a wonderful weekend. I need to move to a town with Dairy free Gelato.

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes June 4, 2012

Looks like a wonderful weekend. That is so crazy about KD Lang! I would’ve started screaming.
I love the new header too!

Francesca June 4, 2012

You had me at “Timmy’s”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My boyfriend and I absolutely ADORE Timmy’s coffee. We live outside of DC now and there aren’t any Tim Horton’s around here. So, we always have to wait until we visit back home in Michigan to grab one or two coffees per DAY! Yummmmmmmmmmmmy! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 5, 2012

there’s a whole lotta love for Timmy’s over here! It must be such a nice treat when you do get it. :)

hannah alehandra June 4, 2012

Hahaha the tequila shots with salt gone wrong made me literally lol. Looks like you had a fabulous weekend sweetheart! :) Much love, from your follower in England.x

Catalina @ Cake with Love June 4, 2012

Love the dogs and the flowers, the food looks outstanding, that “steak” seems very real LOL I am sure it tasted amazing!

Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 4, 2012

Awesome about KD Lang! What a compliment!
I like the picture of your dogs – they are almost mirror images of each other, too cute!

Grace @ Grace Dishes June 4, 2012

I love these photos that capture the weekend perfectly. The gelato looks so divine! SUPER CUTE PUPPIES. I can’t resist the golden retrievers. The front door is so beautiful too!

Zestful Lou June 4, 2012

I don’t take enough pictures.

Page 1 of 212»