22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

It must be snacking season because I’ve had a lot of emails lately asking for some healthy vegan snack ideas and I thought it was a great idea for a post. Many of the recipes below are also some of the most popular snack recipes of 2011, so I will also add this post to my Top Recipes of 2011 page for easy reference.

Ready to get your vegan snack attack on?

1. Endurance Crackers

My all-time favourite cracker and quite possibly one of the top 3 recipes so far in 2012.  Endurance Crackers are extremely light and crispy while providing long-lasting energy. They are also vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, sugar-free, and oil-free to boot. Feel free to change up the seasonings and spices as you wish (see the comments in the original post for some ideas) and serve with protein-packed hummus for a snack that will fuel you for the long haul. Man, I wish I had some right now!

IMG 7224   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

2. Flu Buster Creamsicle Smoothie

Enjoy this ultra-creamy, thick, and energizing smoothie, with a hint of orange that will help keep those cold bugs at bay!

IMG 7994 2   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

3. Chocolate Cake Batter Smoothie

Love dipping your finger into a bowl of cake batter? I hear ya. Now the cake batter flavour we know and love is in smoothie form so you can slurp away to your hearts content.

IMG 0913   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

3. Salt & Vinegar Chickpeas

Just like my favourite salt and vinegar chips, but better. Enjoy these protein-packed, crispy chickpeas without any processed ingredients and a fraction of the fat.

IMG 5225   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

4. Easy Homemade Wheat Thins

Incredibly easy to make. Minimal ingredients. Best of all, they’re even better than the store bought version.

IMG 1159   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

5. Healthy Strawberry Oat Squares

Growing up, I always loved strawberry nutri-grain bars. These are similar in taste, but with all natural ingredients and much less sugar.

20101018IMG 7581 thumb   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

6. Half the Calories, Double the Fun Almond Butter

Adapted from the lovely Heather, this almond butter is the best thing to pair with a juicy apple or drizzled over fruit. Or just spoon it straight from the jar…you’ll see what I mean.

IMG 5479   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

7. The Hummus that Changed Everything

This is the homemade hummus that convinced me I can make a hummus as good as my favourite brands in the grocery store.

IMG 4667   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

8. Lightened Up Granola

I’ve always loved granola, but I rarely buy it because it tends to have as much sugar in it as many decadent desserts. This is my lightened-up version with the least amount of sweetener necessary while still tasting like granola should.

IMG 6944   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

9. Tropical Lemon Cranberry Coconut Chia Bars

Packed with chia seeds, dried cranberries, pistachios, and lemon, these bars are chewy, light, and tropical. I like to think of them as a tropical macaroon bar. They also make a perfect breakfast when you are running out the door!

IMG 9416   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

10. Almond Butter Rice Crisp Treats

These Almond Butter Rice Crisp Treats are a gourmet version (read: no bake) of my beloved childhood rice crispie squares. Unlike the original, this recipe is made without marshmallows, but I promise you won’t miss them!

IMG 7922   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

for the rest click the link to continue…

11. No Bake Protein Energy Bars

Simple. Delicious. Addictive. 8 grams of protein per bar. Meet the protein bars that carried us through miles and miles of walking throughout NYC! I added protein powder to rev up the protein in these bars, making sure they would give me lasting energy when out and about. I wasn’t really sure what they would taste like with 1/2 cup of protein powder, but I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome! Just make sure you use a pleasant tasting protein powder and you’ll be fine. I used an unsweetened rice protein powder (Garden of Life) which worked great as it doesn’t have a strong flavour.

IMG 4796   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

12. Carrot Raisin Spice Muffins

Like carrot cake, but healthier. My favourite way to enjoy these muffins is slathered with Earth Balance or crumbled on top of a bowl of vegan overnight oats. Perfecto!

IMG 4257 2   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

13. Cheezy Hummus

This is what you get when you combine my cashew cheeze dip and my favourite hummus. Pure bliss in a bowl.

IMG 8895   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

14. Oil-Free Zucchini Walnut Raisin Loaf

A dense loaf, but not in a bad way. Whole grain spelt flour tends to make dense breads, but I just love the nutty flavour of spelt so I don’t mind. The walnuts, streusel, and raisins add just the right amount of sweetness and crunch and the zucchini gives moisture without needing any oil. You also can’t taste the zucchini at all, but you can see the pretty green flecks!

IMG 7463   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

15. Rustic Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Cake

Two pictures…just because I love it that much.

IMG 06341   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

Thanks to the ripe bananas, there is minimal sweetener and oil required in this snack cake.

IMG 0583   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

16. Frosty No Bake Glo Cakes

Prep time is just 3 minutes for these healthy frozen treats. It doesn’t get much quicker than that!

IMG 1820 thumb   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

17. My Favourite Guacamole

Amazing with corn chips, spread on a wrap, spooned on a salad, or enjoyed with a fork…

IMG 6160 thumb   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

18. 5 Minute & 5-Ingredient Almond Butter Chews

These Almond Butter Chews couldn’t be easier and they make a light pre-workout snack for about 100 calories each. They take 5 minutes to whip up, use just 1 bowl, and do not require an oven. You could even make them gluten-free. I use the Nature’s Path Rice Crisp cereal that is Gluten-Free.

IMG 8364   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

19. Healthy Chocolate Chia Pudding

I make this pudding when I want something indulgent tasting, but don’t feel like eating a ton of sugar. I love mixing carob powder and cocoa powder for a more complex chocolate flavour. The carob powder also adds a natural sweetness as an added bonus. If you don’t have carob, I suggest using a bit more cocoa powder and sweetener since it will be less sweet without the carob. Serve cold or heated up!

IMG 6188   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

20. Banana Split Vegan Overnight Oats

A rich and indulgent banana split…now made healthier.

IMG 48572   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

21. Blueberry Pie Chia Pudding

Last but not least, this is a recipe that I made over the weekend. It reminds me of blueberry pie, in chia seed pudding form.

IMG 7648   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

Pretty isn’t it? You can enjoy this warm or chilled depending on your mood.

The crumbled Basic Oatmeal Square really took it over the top. It’s like an upside down blueberry pie.

IMG 7652   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

22. On The Glow Basic Oatmeal Square

Think of this oatmeal square as basic baked oatmeal that can be dressed up any way you like. Each large square contains a tablespoon of flax and a teaspoon of chia seeds as well as 7 grams of fibre and 6 grams of protein. Feel free to add in nuts, dried fruit, chocolate, and other mix-ins as you desire.

IMG 6373   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

Don’t forget to check out my Top Recipes of 2011 round up, filled with the blog’s most popular entrees, salads, breakfasts, and soups of last year!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh February 22, 2012

I require the Flu Buster right now in my misery. I wish the Mr were home to make it for me so I didn’t need to move from the couch! HA! Thanks for the round up!

Joss @ Jocelyneatsfresh February 22, 2012

Lots of stuff to choose from! Yummy! I really like the looks of the cheesy hummus :D
Will these be in your book?

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 22, 2012

I’m hoping to have most of the recipes in my book new, but there will be some reader favs in there for sure :)

Jen Doyle February 22, 2012

Yes don’t feel like you have to do mostly new! All your recipes would be nice to have in print… I don’t know how you could come up with even more!! But if anyone can its you! Honestly, 70% old, 30% new and I would buy it!!! I will be buying it for sure and recommending it to everyone!

kaila@ healthy helper blog! February 22, 2012

SOO many winners here! A few of my faves are the no bake glo cakes and the carrot raisin muffins! So easy to make and incredibly delicious! As are all your recipes :)

Kristy @ KristyRuns February 22, 2012

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for this! I think I’m going to make the chia pudding today! :)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 22, 2012

Oooooh great… now I’m STARVING! Lol – everything looks so fantastic Ange and thanks for highlighting some of these that I’d forgotten about – the Endurance Crackers in particular! I want to go home and bake now! ;)

Heather @ For the Love of Kale February 22, 2012

One word: YUM.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 22, 2012

Yum, everything looks wonderful! I am going to make the On The Glow Basic Oatmeal Square for sure! I love all your healthy recipes, thanks for posting this. I’ve been on a snack attack lately and I want to keep it healthy!!

Cara February 22, 2012

This is SO helpful, because each time I’ve tried going vegan, it’s BETWEEN meals I’ve been stumped. OK, I made a healthy vegan breakfast. OK, I have a delicious vegan dinner planned. But …. now what?! And it’s funny, because it’s not like I snack on hard-boiled eggs or cheese, I just — I guess I couldn’t think of ANYTHING healthy to eat, not just something vegan! :-) (Except for plain straight veggies. And I just have way too much of a sweet tooth to feel called to snack on them by themselves.)

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 22, 2012

I think a lot of us can relate to that. I hope this helps!

Jesse (OutToLunchCreations) February 22, 2012

My mouth is watering! I love how most of the snacks are healthy sweets, I also have a big sweet tooth.

Jessica February 22, 2012

Frosty No Bake Glo Cakes have rocked.my.world. Seriously.
So many other yummy snacks to try!

Tasha @ My Happy Balance February 22, 2012

*let the mouthwatering commense!*
Great post! I’m not a vegan but I still want to try all of these at some point (especially the one’s with chocolate involved :) )

Rachael @ Ready to Get Sweaty February 22, 2012

These ALL look delicious. I’ve been a vegetarian for 4 years now, but recently started cutting out all dairy and fish – so the timing of this post is perfect! I am definitely going to make something this weekend! Thanks :)

Grace - Love Your Healthy Life February 22, 2012

Mmmmmmmmm, I’m drooling…. : ) Thank you for putting these together in one place, Angela : )
xx

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 22, 2012

These all look so good! I just bought the ingredients to try your Endurance Bars. Can’t wait!

Roasted chickpeas are one of my favorite snacks. I like to do mine “Indian-style” with garam masala and a little coconut oil.

Jamie @ Thrifty Veggie Mama February 22, 2012

These all look fantastic! I want to make them all.

Georgina February 22, 2012

Wonderful snacks, Angela! Glad that you posted both savoury and sweet snacks. Yum! Do you have a possible date for your book’s release? I can’t wait!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 22, 2012

Thanks I hope you enjoy them!
Book release is scheduled for early 2014. My manuscript is due end of the year and then it takes a full year to finalize/print. seems like a long time but im sure it will go by fast like it always does!

alexis February 22, 2012

Hi Angela!!

I discovered your website/blog when searching for vegan/vegetarian recipes. I absolutely love it!!! I look forward to every new entry! I have searched around the website & recipes and just enjoy all of it. I do have a question, which I hope, isn’t silly. I have seen calorie counts for some recipes and some without. Is there somewhere that I can locate the calorie counts. I DO realize you are not a calorie counter and I am slowly tring to adapt to that life style too, it is a new mindset and I slowly am going that way but am in the process of losing weight and eating healthier so I thought I would ask!

Thanks so much for such great information and recipes!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 22, 2012

Hey Alexis, You are right that I don’t always post nutritional info. I basically calculate it if I think readers would be interested in the info (for example, if it’s a high protein snack or something like that). The tool I use is the free Nutrition Data website found here: http://nutritiondata.self.com/ Once you get the hang of it, it’s pretty easy to use, although I do have to manually enter in products many times.

Brigitte February 22, 2012

Yummmmm they all look so tasty! thank you for the wonderful recipes Angela!!! I love how you add the pictures of the before, during and after recipe (with the ingredients etc…)

Thanks again, you’re so inspiring!!

Grace @ Healthy Dreaming February 22, 2012

Thanks so much for these recommendations! I actually want to give up red meat this lent and need more ideas to become more vegetable/fruit based :)

Alex @ Raw Recovery February 22, 2012

I’m so glad you posted this because I definitely needed some good snack ideas!

Jenn from Much to My Delight February 22, 2012

This couldn’t have come at a better time. I keep waking up to see boxes of Twinkies and bags of Cheetos on my kitchen counter. My man needs an intervention, stat. Sucker won’t even know what hit him…

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 22, 2012

heh goodluck :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga February 22, 2012

Ok I want everything on this post and thanks for the reminders on some of these gems I had forgotten about! The bars, the rice treats, the snack balls, the crackers and chickpeas, the smoothie…you’re making me hungry.

Hope you’re having a great day :)

Jenna Z February 22, 2012

Roasted chickpeas are a favorite with me!! Yum!

Beth February 22, 2012

Is it good or bad that I’ve made most of these? :)
I plan to make the endurance crackers this weekend! Keep up the great work!

Angela February 22, 2012

heh definitely good! Hope you enjoy the crackers :)

Pauline from France February 22, 2012

I have to be out of home a lot in the coming months, so this post will make my planning-ahead MUCH easier :)
Thank you a lot!
Your website is great! I am looking forward to reading your book…
Best wishes from Paris

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 22, 2012

Thanks Pauline. Enjoy the recipes!

Anna @ The Guiltless Life February 22, 2012

OK everything looks fabulous but it was hard for me to concentrate once I saw the Chocolate Cake Batter Smoothie…wow…

Blog is the New Black February 22, 2012

Strawberry oat squares are calling my name!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 22, 2012

Thank you for this post!! I had way too much fun looking through all of these recipes :D

Kris | iheartwellness.com February 22, 2012

Its the dang strawberry oat squares that are killing me right now!! HUBBA HUBBA!!! I love snacking more than eating full meals ;) hehe

xxoo

Hailey February 22, 2012

I’m pretty sure this post will make vegan marathon training more doable for me! I’m doing pretty good, but I get sooooo hungry between meals the day or two after a long run. This should help hold me over. Perfect timing too, because in the next few weeks I’ll be up to the longest runs. I just tried the endurance crackers and the protein bars and despite the fact that my crackers came out WAY thicker than yours did, they’re still great snacks! I think my favorite are the oatmeal squares. Awesome breakfast for sure! Thank you for the awesome ideas. :-)

Angela February 22, 2012

Glad to hear you are enjoying the snacks! Goodluck with your marathon training…you are tougher than I am! ;)

Hailey February 23, 2012

Well you are wayyy faster than me (I’ve read some of your running posts)! Slow and steady for me. :-) But I seriously don’t think I could do it without your blog. I really am feeling better, more energy and focus, so much so that my boyfriend has been eating mostly vegan with me during the week! I’m so glad that I found your blog…and I’m sure you’ve heard this a million times before, but you really have helped me become a healthier person!! I don’t know if I’m glowing yet, but I’ll get there. :-)

Jennifer @ Sweetly Vegan February 22, 2012

awesome! I have become a constant snacker being 30 weeks preggo and this is a great reminder of some other healthy snacks I can make at home so I don’t have to run over for a (non-vegan) pink berry! yum :)

Andrea @ Vegvacious February 22, 2012

Some of these I’ve tried, some of them I definitely need to try!!! My all-time fave is definitely the rustic chocolate chip banana oat cake – the only problem is it ends up being a really big snack for just me!!!

Sabrina R February 22, 2012

<3 Thanks for posting this!!! These all look delicious, I plan on making a few of these today :)

Jasper Naomi @ crunchylittlebites February 22, 2012

you said that Eric prefers 3 square meals…but if he had to chose, which is his favorite snack of all of these?

dude…what if you had a little kitchen-nymph who’d keep your creative home filled with these snacks ALL of the time! no more glowbakery? open a GLOW snackery! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 22, 2012

I think his favs would be the Endurance crackers, banana chocolate cake, and the energy bars :)

Jasper @ crunchylittlebites February 22, 2012

you must have had SUCH a a crazy amount of folks oggling those energy bars….THOSE are so cool..I remember when you published that post…right before your NYC trip (I’m so not a stalker : ) )

Christina Keenan February 22, 2012

I have been reading your blog for years and this post has made me remember all over again why i love it so much! these are my favorite recipes!!!! I want to try them all over again!!!! :)

Angela February 22, 2012

aw, thanks Christina!

Meg @ Sweet Twist February 22, 2012

I want to make all of these!!

I just happen to have rotten bananas on hand for that oat cake.

Joann@womaninreallife February 22, 2012

Beautiful snacks Angela! I believe I will make the hummus. I too buy it from Costco. Can’t beat the price. But, there was a time that my husband and I always made it ourselves. I will give this recipe a try! I might just stir in some diced roasted red peppers. :)

Amanda February 22, 2012

I can’t tell you how happy I am you posted this! I’ve been wanting some vegan snack ideas all in one place! Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

Karen February 22, 2012

Love this post! I’m still coveting those endurance crackers, and am kicking myself for continuing to forget to buy your suggested seasoning. These will be made this weekend for sure!

I agree with some others who mentioned that it would be great to see some of your/our favorite recipes in print; it’s not necessary to create a book of entirely new recipes. Personally, I’d rather see the well-loved ones (like your roasted tomato soup!)

Angela February 22, 2012

Thanks Karen. I agree that reader favs should be in the book. How many, I guess we’ll have to see, but it’s a great point you bring up. I do hope to cover a bit of that in my questionnaire that I’ll be sending out to those who signed up for the mailing list.

Amanda February 22, 2012

This post is almost too much for me – I don’t even know where to begin! Guess I will just have to bookmark this page and work my way through all of your wonderful recipes. :)

Page 1 of 41234»