Endurance Crackers

IMG_7234

Remember the chia seed crackers that we ate at Chocolatree Café just before hiking up 0.6 miles of rocky mountainside?

Here they are in all their glory.

IMG_2133

We kicked some major mountain booty that day and I’d like to think the chia seed crackers had something to do with it. After all, the Aztecs and Mayans used chia seeds (known as a “running food”) for hundreds of years to fuel their long journeys!

As soon as I got home, I knew I had to bust out a version of these in my own kitchen. I was “running” on 3 hours of sleep thanks to a 4am wake-up call and the chocolate I was inhaling wasn’t making me feel any better. The chia crackers came to my rescue!

IMG_7224

Endurance Crackers

Vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, oil-free, soy-free

By

4.8 from 13 reviews

These Endurance Crackers are extremely light and crispy while providing long-lasting energy. I love serving them with hummus (obviously). They are also vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, sugar-free, and oil-free to boot! Feel free to change up the seasonings and spices as you wish. These crackers are inspired by the Chocolatree Cafe in Sedona.

Yield
22 large crackers
Prep Time
Cook time
Total Time

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 cup pepita seeds (or pumpkin seeds)
  • 1/2 cup sesame seeds
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 large garlic clove, finely grated on a Microplane
  • 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more for sprinkling

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 300ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pepitas seeds, and sesame seeds.
  3. Add the water, the garlic, and salt. Stir with a spatula until combined. Allow the mixture to sit for a couple of minutes until the chia seeds absorb the water. After the 2 minute rest, when you stir the mixture, you shouldn’t see a pool of water on the bottom of the bowl.
  4. With the spatula (and a hand, if necessary), spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in two small rectangles, about 12 by 7 inches each and 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle additional salt on top.
  5. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully flip each rectangle with a spatula. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes more, until lightly golden around the edges. Watch closely near the end to make sure they don’t burn. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes on the pan and then break the rectangles into crackers and let cool completely on the pan. Store in an airtight container or jar on the counter for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze the crackers in freezer bags for up to 1 month. If the crackers soften while storing (this can happen in humid environments), toast in the oven at 300ºF for 5 to 7 minutes, then let cool completely. This is usually enough to return their former crispness!

Tips:

77 calories6 grams3 grams3 grams

IMG_7206

As I reached for my garlic powder, I thought why not use fresh garlic instead? My mom recently shared a trick with me for mincing garlic: just use a fine grater instead of chopping it. I used my Microplane and it was the perfect consistency for these crackers. Just be careful you don’t saw off the end of your nail like I almost did.

IMG_7191

10 seconds flat for fresh garlic!

IMG_7194

I also used the same method with the sweet onion.

After grating, I whisked the garlic and onion in a glass with the water (note: I ended up using a full cup of water instead of the 1/2 cup shown here).

IMG_7195

Pour the water mixture into the seed mixture and stir well. It will be thick and gel-like in consistency.

IMG_7196

Now season as you wish.

I used a mixture of Herbamare, kelp granules, and kosher salt for maximum flavour, but you can really play around with the seasonings any way you like! Add some spices too if you wish. Taste and adjust if necessary.

IMG_7204

This picture hates me, clearly.

IMG_7207

Spread onto your baking sheet lined with parchment (or a non-stick mat, but you will have to bake them a bit longer). You want to spread the mixture as thin as possible.

IMG_7200

After baking for 30 minutes at 325F, remove from the oven and slice crackers with a pizza slicer.

IMG_7209

I did a large diamond shape. You can do any size and shape you want, depending on how much ninja power you are looking for!

IMG_7212

With a spatula, carefully flip the crackers and bake for another 30 minutes until toasty and golden on the bottom. Mmm.

IMG_7225

My new favourite cracker, easily.

Not only are they vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, soy-free, nut-free, and sugar free, but they can be made raw if you dehydrate them.

IMG_7226

After cooling, they are crispy, chewy, and basically mind blowing ninja fuel perfect for dipping into hummus. Eric said they taste better than the ones at Chocolatree, but he may be biased. I couldn’t get over how light and crispy they are!

IMG_7218

The question is: Whose butt do you want to kick this week?

Your boss, tough assignment, killer workout, or midterm exam?

Go make a list of things to butt kick.

Eat these crackers.

Kick some butt, ninja style.

IMG_7232

It’s like bird food, but waaaaay better.

Do you ever see a tired bird?

I rest my case.

~~

Many of you ask where you can buy chia seeds. If you are looking for an online retailer in the US, try www.chiaseedsdirect.com. I’ve found both of these businesses to have very competitive prices. You can also purchase chia seeds from bulk food stores like Bulk Barn here in Canada or in natural food stores! Update: More readers also told me Costco sells them (in the supplement section) and even Winners and Homesense! Who knew?

1 osgmom January 31, 2012

I can’t wait to make these crackers and really timely that I found Herbamare at Whole Foods yesterday!

2 Angela January 31, 2012

Glad to hear that you found it! Costco also has it if I remember correctly.

3 osgmom January 31, 2012

I wasn’t able to find it at the Costco here but I’ll keep checking :)

4 Michael March 28, 2013

I saw them at Spouts the other day in Bulk and containers.

5 Monica October 16, 2013

Just came across the endurance crackers picture and it looks delicious! I’d love to try it but I am having trouble pulling up the recipe. Could you repost the recipe or put it here in the comments. Thanks!

6 Joy June 8, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! It has inspired me to try my hand at making my own in the future. I found your site when I was looking for additional ideas for using my chia seeds, besides today’s breakfast pudding, which was my first attempt at eating them. Your recipe is saved in my vegan paleo favorites! Thanks a bunch!

7 The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh January 31, 2012

WOW! These look soooo good! Looks like they would be the perfect snack for work or after a workout.

8 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 31, 2012

WOW< that was super quick!! I'll be buying all my seeds this weekend! :) Can't wait to try them… and I've just run out of the Mary's crackers you gave me so these will be my replacement! ;)

9 Emilia January 31, 2012

These look delicious! I love crackers, but these look like they’d be a tasty as well as a wholesome snack. Also, the idea of grating garlic is genius, so going to do that from now on!

10 Michael March 28, 2013

Does it make your fingers smell like garlic for days after? I guess it with keep the vampires away.

11 Ada August 5, 2013

for garlic smell on hands – put a small squirt of dishwashing liquid on a STAINLESS STEEL SPOON and using your fingers rub the dishwashing liguid like you are cleaning the spoon, making sure you rub the spoon on your hands where you touched the garlic, be sure to get under your nails a bit with the spoon. Rinse the spoon and your hands well. Smell all gone.

12 Lynda September 15, 2014

If you rub your fingers along a stainless steal knife under running water, you will have no garlic smell left on your hands! It really works!

13 MAURA January 31, 2012

Mmmm I am on those this afternoon! They look soooo good! I am a Mary’s cracker addict so these should bump those right out of the running! :-)

14 Maria @ Sinfully Nutritious January 31, 2012

I am getting the ingredients I don’t have and I am making this today. They look just like Dr. Krackers.
Great recipe. Thanks for sharing!!!

15 hannah alehandra January 31, 2012

Look so delicious! Especially with hummus mmm. Thanks for another cracking (geddit, hah.. oh dear) recipe!

16 Angela January 31, 2012

haha love that

17 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen January 31, 2012

Haha, a tired bird…good point. They’re never really just chilling or relaxing. Always making some high pitched crazy noise or flying around. I think I could be super annoying if I eat these ;)

18 Grace @ What Grace Cooked January 31, 2012

I will have to try making these soon – I’ve been trying to find a homemade cracker recipe that I love, and these definitely seem like a good candidate!!! I’d like to kick the butt of my HM training program, so ninja power crackers would be helpful.

I love microplane-ing garlic – no big chunks, no press to clean, and super fast!

19 Melissa January 31, 2012

I cant wait to try these crackers, my family is gluten free due to myself and my daughter having celiac disease, i’m so excited to have a recipe to follow that i dont have to convert to gluten free!!! I’m constantly looking for healthy energizing snacks for us that we can easily gobble up!
i absolutly love your web site!!

20 Jeanelle @ Glocal Girl January 31, 2012

Wow these are amazing… just hope I can find all these ingredients abroad! x

21 Gabby @ Gabby's Gluten free January 31, 2012

These look awesome! I love chia seeds and these look like such crispy, perfect crackers. Yum!

22 SallyH January 31, 2012

Did you use toasted sunflower and pepita seeds, or did you toast them first? My seeds tend to be pretty moist. Will they toast up on the pan?

23 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table January 31, 2012

I’m so glad you re-created those crackers! These nutritionals are amazing. Can’t wait to try it!

Do you have a garlic press? I use that rather than a grater – much safer for your nails. :)

24 Angela January 31, 2012

No I don’t, but that would work too!

25 Stacy January 31, 2012

I of course have Herbamare as I live in Switzerland! Its a staple here :-) Chia seeds are harder to come by but I’ve already had some ordered and shipped to TX for our visit in 2 weeks. Thanks for the recipe!

26 Ashley Dodge January 31, 2012

These look really good! I have been looking for a good crunchy homemade cracker recipe, and I will be trying these! YUM.

27 Jesse (OutToLunchCreations) January 31, 2012

These look amazing. I can’t wait to try them and play around with the flavors. I’m a big Mary’s Cracker fan but it will be nice to have a change.

28 Anna @ On Anna's Plate January 31, 2012

Yum– love all the seedy goodness going on in these crackers!!!

29 sophie January 31, 2012

valid point indeed…never seen a tired bird – except the ol’ birds i work with ;)

thanks for the recipe!

30 katie@ KatieDid January 31, 2012

wow I’m surprised they stick together and form such a sturdy cracker using basically just seeds! I could definitely get all these seeds in the bulk section to save some money and make these.

31 Irini January 31, 2012

Ummmm, I am SO excited to make these! And dip them in hummus. Or crumble them over soup. The options are endless. Thanks for another awesome recipe!

32 Beth January 31, 2012

Those look so good! I’m glad you make some and shared the recipe. I was hoping you’d also recreate the Thai Rice Bowl you had there, but if you don’t, I might be able to figure it out. It looked really good, too.

33 Angela January 31, 2012

Thanks Beth, I will keep that in mind too!

34 Burnsy January 31, 2012

I’ll be making these today and trying them out on my kiddo’s. My taste buds are the easiest in the family to please! I haven’t heard of Herbamare before but I’ll be checking to see if they have it at Cosco when I go by later today! Thanks as always for the wonderful recipes that get me through the week!

35 Angela January 31, 2012

Great, please let me know what your kids think of them! I’m always curious about that.

36 Alexandria Lewis March 23, 2012

My son enjoyed them very much! He is nearly 15 months and being to have a food palate of his own and when I gave him half of my first cracker he ate it do quickly them reached his hand out for another :-)

I don’t have herbamere but they still are delicious without the add. I used 3 tbsp of nutrition yeast, 1/4 tsp salt, three pinches of kelp granulars, and everything as specified in the recipe. Thanks for this recipe.

37 janet @ the taste space January 31, 2012

Raw crackers have been my guilty pleasure lately. I love your flavouring ideas with the herbamere and kelp. I will have to try that next! :) And of course, also with the pepitas, etc you have in your crackers. :)

38 Vicki Thomas January 31, 2012

This is a great recipe! Thank-you! Looks like these will be a good replacement for my rice cakes… Wondering if it is possible to make them sweet as well – with some cocoa powder and cinnamon? What do you think?
Keep up the positivity – it is contagious!

vicki

39 Angela January 31, 2012

You read my mind! I think a sweet version would be wonderful.

40 Emily Rae February 1, 2012

I just made these as above, but added the tiniest drizzle of honey over top (’cause I like sweetandsalty). The fattiness of cocoa powder might change the structure of these, but you could swap out the spices no problem.

41 Ellen January 31, 2012

Do you think it would work to grind up the seeds (or most of them)? I find crackers made of whole seeds to be really hard to digest. Thanks!

42 Angela January 31, 2012

Good question! I think it would probably still work, as the chia seeds are the binding agent.

43 carmen February 1, 2012

I make a cracker that is very similar to this and all seeds are ground.

44 Lexi @ Cura Personalis Foodie January 31, 2012

Hahaha love the “butt kicking clause” ;)

45 Ali January 31, 2012

I can’t wait to try these. Reminiscent of your salad toppers, one of my favourites!
I live in Canada (GTA) and I buy chia seeds at Costco.

46 Angela January 31, 2012

Oh really? Wow I will have to keep my eyes peeled for them next time I’m there!

47 Ali January 31, 2012

I usually find them in the pharmacy section with protein powders, etc. The container is 450g for $13.49. Late last fall they were “on sale” for $11.49!

48 sarah January 31, 2012

I grab chia seeds at Winners or Homesense all the time!

49 Ali January 31, 2012

Wow! I’ve never thought to look there!

50 Angela January 31, 2012

Wow I wouldn’t have looked in the pharmacy section either! No wonder why I haven’t seen them there. Good to know Winners also has them. I will add this to my post!

51 Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning January 31, 2012

I went on a cracker-making spree around the holidays last year, but mine definitely were nothing like this! These look so full of texture- I’m a big fan of that. I’ll have to try this one out asap- this would be great for Superbowl munchies along with some hummus (or a bunch of other spreads/dips I can think of)!
I also love that I have all of these ingredients on hand, except for the pepitas. That’s nothing a quick trip to the store can’t fix. :)

52 Grace - Love Your Healthy Life January 31, 2012

These look amazing! I’ve been searching for a good gluten free cracker substitute. Thank you for ending my search : )

53 Emily C. January 31, 2012

I’m excited to try these. I bought a few big bags of chia seed from a co-op order and wasn’t sure what to do with them. Sometimes I toss them in smoothies…what are some of your other chia favorites?

54 Angela January 31, 2012

hey Emily, Here are a bunch of my recipes with chia seeds!

55 Amanda January 31, 2012

Awesome snack idea and the nutritional stats are great! I really like that you can bake them too. I would love to buy a dehydrator, but for now, I’ll be relying on my oven.

Time for a visit to the Whole Foods’ bulk bins…

56 Jasper Naomi @ crunchylittlebites January 31, 2012

I love using the grater or the garlic press….I just wish I had a little person around who was always in chrage of “doing” the garlic…blick it’s my least favorite task because it leaves my fingers all stinky!

you are too funny! ever seen a fatigues bird?! so cute!

your crackewrs look yummier that the restaurant ones, no lie Angela!

57 Sarah January 31, 2012

Mmm I wish I was not at work so I could make these right now! I will definitely be going to the bulk barn tonight to get the ingrediants :)

I found Herbamare at the Superstore last week in Georgetown and got all excited. Im sure if someone was around me they would of wondered what was wrong with me lol I have been looking everywhere for it ever since you mentioned it!

Thanks for the recipe! Enjoy this beautiful sunny day :)

58 Angela January 31, 2012

haha don’t worry I do the same thing when I find something in a grocery store. It was my mother in law who got me hooked on Herbamare. It’s so tasty! I’m really liking the kelp granules too. I didn’t realize they are low in sodium.

59 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes January 31, 2012

Awesome. They’re kind of like Dr. Kracker. But with Chia!

60 Mandy Jo January 31, 2012

These look amazing! Can’t wait to try them in hopes of kicking my boss’ butt tomorrow! :)
Is there anything that can be used in place of the herbamare and kelp seasonings?

61 Angela January 31, 2012

More salt would probably do the trick as well as some spices or other seasonings.

62 Joanna January 31, 2012

Yay! I’m excited that you had to make these quickly :) This weekend’s baking project :) :)

63 xvavaveganx January 31, 2012

Thank you for this recipe! I always struggle to find the perfect pre-workout snack and some of these crackers with some hummus will definitely be perfect! I can’t wait to try this!

64 Heidi @ Food Doodles January 31, 2012

Oooh, I’m going to try these for sure. They look like they’d be so awesome with hummus :D

65 Kelly January 31, 2012

These sound delicious…I too am a big fan of Mary’s Gone Crackers crackers but these look like they’ll be even better. I can’t believe how quickly you recreated these when you got home – you definitely ROCK!

66 Sarah Williams January 31, 2012

I got my chia seeds int he health supplement section at costco for 12 bucks-one litre!!

67 Angela January 31, 2012

wow that’s great!!

68 Bethany :0) January 31, 2012

lol! I love your final note about tired birds. Classic! :0)

69 Gloria January 31, 2012

I’m definitely going to make these. I can’t wait to dip them in hummus..Yum :)

70 Kris | iheartwellness.com January 31, 2012

Ooo my love, I love crackers and are looking for a healthy one, so thank you!!!! Sometimes I make them with flax and veggies and I swoon for them with guac or hummus!!

YUM!
xxoo

71 Liz @ Southern Charm January 31, 2012

GREAT recipe!! Love love love the nutritional stats!

72 Eva January 31, 2012

Those cookies look and sound delicious!
I will check my local natural store for those chia seeds tomorrow, since I will be picking up biking more seriously again. I mean, do ninja-style butt-kicking! (Seriously, visualizing that made me smile!)

Thank you for yet another tasty-looking recipe, Angela!

73 Mike Lieberman January 31, 2012

I’ve made regular flax crackers before, but never crackers like this. Gotta try them.

74 Maria@healthydiaries January 31, 2012

I am interested in making these in my dehydrator. I wonder if it’ll work

75 Angela January 31, 2012

I’m sure it would (I think the original ones we ate were dehydrated)

76 Kendalyn January 31, 2012

These sound SO good – I love chia seeds! I was shocked to see you recreate them so quickly but excited because I can’t wait to make them! :)

77 Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon January 31, 2012

These look so fun!! I sure hope my grocery store has restocked it’s bulk bin chia seeds! I ran out last week and went to replenish them, only to find a SOLD OUT sign on the chia seed jar!

78 Christine LeClair January 31, 2012

Thanks Angela! I just can’t thank you enough for your wonderful blog and recipes :) These crackers even suit my paleo diet. They sound INCREDIBLE.

79 Ileana January 31, 2012

These look yummy. And thanks for the tip with the Microplane! I’ll have to try that next time :0

80 Ellie@Fit for the Soul January 31, 2012

Oooohhhh as long as it’s not jaw-breaking, I would love these crackers! It’s amazing how nicely they stay together. That’s not always the case with crackers in my experience :P And wahooo for chia seeds!! They’re so great in every way, and also help in going to the b******. haha! My parents are starting to finally eat them too, and they love its benefits.

81 Angela January 31, 2012

haha nope they aren’t jaw breaking- they are just lightly crisp…very easy to bite through. You will see when you try them!

82 Jenny January 31, 2012

Wow, these would give you ninja power :) That kelp seasoning looks so intriguing.

83 Lauren @ What Lauren Likes January 31, 2012

love these! They look so hearty :)

84 Valerie January 31, 2012

I have purchased Chia Seeds at Whole Foods in Ohio!

85 Lauren January 31, 2012

OMG, loved the end of this post. Butt kick!! “Do you ever see a tired bird?” Bahahahahahahaha, I actually lol’ed. Thanks for the laughter and the nutrition! :)

86 Angela January 31, 2012

I didn’t expect anyone to find that funny except me, so that makes me smile. ;)

87 Karen January 31, 2012

These look great… though at first glance, it seems that the fat content would be higher given that they consist soley of seeds. Maybe I’m picturing the size to be larger than they are in reality. In any event, I’ve been enjoying your especially light, fun style of writing as of late, Angela. Can’t wait to whip up a batch of these tonight!

88 Angela January 31, 2012

Thanks Karen! I guess a measurement for the size may have been helpful? I agree that it is hard to tell the size from a picture!

89 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga January 31, 2012

The crackers look lovely and I like that you baked them, rather than dehuydrated them. 1. many people don’t have dehyd’s. and 2. even if they do, spending 14 hours baking and flipping and waiting is just too long for my impatient self :)

And what a pretty pizza cutter! Mine just broke and I need a new one..yours is gorgeous.

90 Grace @ Healthy Dreaming January 31, 2012

Bookmarked to make! These looks amazing. It reminds me of the sesame seed crackers I have back in Asia :)

Thanks so much for sharing. YUM.

91 Lee January 31, 2012

These look delicious! I can’t wait to try this recipe :)

92 Cait's Plate January 31, 2012

Oh my – those must just have the BEST crunch!

93 Sabrina R January 31, 2012

You totally inspire me!! Like absolutely inspire me!! Thank you! :)

94 Amber K January 31, 2012

I’ve found chia seeds in the bulk section of pretty much every grocery store lately. Love that they are becoming so easy to find!

95 mi-an dela cruz January 31, 2012

i’m sooo making these!! these should be called ka-pow! crackers. lol i just started an intense 4 wk bootcamp yesterday and so need these for pre and post workout!

96 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama January 31, 2012

I’m on a big seed kick lately so this recipe is perfect. Looks great!

97 Dawn January 31, 2012

I’ve been looking for a snack that could be used and carried easily for long bike rides, or long runs. My hubby is a triathlon nut and I’m sure at some point I’ll get involved, as we sometimes do when our other half is passionate about something, enthusiasm tends to be contagious :). This sounds like the perfect thing. Thanks

98 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 31, 2012

Enjoy Dawn and good luck if you end up training! Eric and I did a try a tri last year and it was such a challenge.

99 Siri January 31, 2012

I will definitely be kicking a midterm’s butt tomorrow with the help of these crackers! They look amazing, can’t wait to make them!

100 Shira January 31, 2012

I am SO trying these! I just bought Chia and haven’t tried them yet – THANK YOU! Very excited!

101 Andrea January 31, 2012

These look like the PERFECT snack!! Ahh I need them! I’ve never seen sesame seeds in bulk though, unfortunately :(

102 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 31, 2012

I love seedy crackers! These remind me of Mary’s Crackers, but even better! ;)

103 Mara January 31, 2012

Just made these. Amazing! Smeared some hummus and a slice of orange pepper. My 7 year old daughter LOVED them. Thanks for the recipe. Oh, and in regards to your bird comment, my husband looked at the crackers when I pulled them out of the oven and said, “Well, I’m sure birds would like them!” LOL!!!

104 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 31, 2012

haha that’s funny! So happy you and your daughter loved them!

105 Jessica @ Hungrygems January 31, 2012

I’m not sure if you were trying to recreate that rocky terrain in cracker form but this looks like one bad mother cracker. I’m pretty sure I recently took out a loan to buy a bag of these at the natural food store…I think I’ll try your way next time.

106 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 31, 2012

haha awesome comment :)

107 Barbara January 31, 2012

WOW Thanks can’t wait to try this recipe…You rock! Glad you had a great time in Az

108 Melissa January 31, 2012

I the crackers today and they were fantastic! I think they’d make a nice breakfast for a day you need some staying power!

109 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 31, 2012

Glad to hear that Melissa!!

110 TeenyLittleSuperChef January 31, 2012

Wow, these sound really awesome and so different than anything I’ve ever made before. They definitely don’t look pretty, but I bet they taste pretty rockin. I know this is a dumb question, but are pepitas the same thing as pumpkin seeds? They’re the green ones, right?

111 Summer @livefullblog January 31, 2012

Wow these look great! I am so excited to try them!

112 allison January 31, 2012

Put anything next to hummus and I’ll eat it:):):) I love all the seeds in here, i normally don’t like crackers since they seem to one-dememsional (both in flavor and texture lol) but these look delish!!

113 Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco January 31, 2012

These look sooooooo good. And I love that you don’t have to roll them out!

114 Amber B January 31, 2012

Oh I can’t wait to make these. They look awesome! Now to see if any of my local stores sell chia seeds.

115 Alana Sivin Health January 31, 2012

Yum! I always make a chia-seed smoothie or mix chia seeds into oatmeal when I’m feeling low energy in the AM. Looks like these would be perfect for a midday pick-me-up!

116 Anna@ActiveFingers January 31, 2012

I have been looking for a nut free snack that I could have at school! Now to go get sunflower seeds. Thank you for the recipe!

117 Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles January 31, 2012

I need to find those kelp granules!!

118 Natalie @fitjamericangirl.com January 31, 2012

I am sick in the head for crackers and these look great. Can’t wait to try them. Thanks for posting the recipe.

119 Maxine M January 31, 2012

I can’t wait to make these this weekend, they look awesome! I just love your website, I’ll be sure to show the girls at work these crackers!

120 Anastasia@healthymamainfo.com February 1, 2012

Super healthy and easy snack! Thank you for sharing!

121 Sarah @ The Healthy Diva February 1, 2012

hahaha…so true…you never see a tired bird! I need to kick butt in my workouts this week! Jamie Eason’s LiveFit Trainer is rocking my world and I need to keep up the pace. Will make these crackers and eat them pre-workout for an extra energy kick :)

122 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes February 1, 2012

I love the sound of these!

123 Leia February 1, 2012

I haven’t been able to find chia seeds in India. Do you think I could replace them with flax?

124 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers February 1, 2012

Yum! I could go for some of those, especially around 2:30 pm today when I hit my slump at work.

125 LizAshlee February 1, 2012

These look and sound fabulous..great with a salad or bowl of soup I bet! :)

126 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit February 1, 2012

Great work with these, Angela! I’ve always made this sort of thing in my dehydrator, but it’s good to know it’ll work in the oven too!

127 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 1, 2012

Yum! I love crackers and I love chia seeds, so I will definitly give these a try, they look wonderful. I love when you try new foods from restaurants, cafes ect… and you run home trying to duplicate it and it’s so much satsifaction when you do!!

128 Robyn February 1, 2012

There’s something so appealing to look at all all those seeds(yum!). I’m going to make these as is for sure….but when I saw Chocolatree Cafe(and endurance crackers) I really thought there was going to be some sort of chocolate sooooo,,,I will make another version with some kind of cocoa?? Thks again Angela.

129 Aylin @ Glow Kitchen February 1, 2012

These remind me of camouflage, which would make them fitting for a themed party…or easier to hide around a house plant.

130 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 1, 2012

haha oh that made me laugh!

131 Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt February 1, 2012

So beautiful! They looks so good, I can’t wait to try these at home

132 Jen February 1, 2012

These look awesome, but I recently found out I can’t eat sunflower seeds or sesame seeds. Not even sure what to try to substitute for those :\

133 Moni'sMeals February 1, 2012

I can’t wait to make these! they look so good! Great for my training too.

“Kick some butt, ninja style.” as you say….With these, I believe you! and I will. :)

134 Anna @ The Guiltless Life February 1, 2012

Super seedy! Haha tried a play on words there – never mind!

These look fab, I would serve them exactly as you did with hummus. And the health benefits from all those seeds must be crazy. Thanks Ange!

135 Steph @ A Life without Ice Cream February 1, 2012

OMG I have to try these! I tired the other cracker recipe a while ago and they we fantastic! These look super simple too!

136 Shanna February 1, 2012

I made these crackers yesterday and they were absolutley amazing. Ridiculously easy to make and sooooo yummy. I am in love! I’m going to make another batch to go along with the Roasted Tomato, Garlic and Onion Coconut Soup; they’ll be a great combo. Thanks so much and keep the awesome recipes coming Angela! :)

137 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 1, 2012

So happy to hear that Shanna!

138 Nikki @ Active Vegetarian February 1, 2012

These looks so good! I love that there is no flour in these crackers :-)

139 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty February 1, 2012

These are awesome!!! :)
I didn’t add sesame seeds (didn’t have them) and I used onion powder and garlic powder and they are just so fantastic!! Oooh and I added some nooch too!

140 Lauren February 1, 2012

Angela,
I’m a frequent reader, but have never commented until now. These crackers hit the the jackpot. All the ingredients are “staples” in my kitchen and they quickly combined to make a delicious mid-morning snack. Thanks for keeping us all inspired.

141 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 1, 2012

Im happy to hear that Lauren!

142 hannah February 1, 2012

i made these crackers as soon as i read the post, and they are wonderful in every way: nutritious, delicious, AND i had all the ingredients on hand! i’m always looking for different and interesting ways to incorporate more seeds (instead of so many nuts) into my diet. this hits the spot!

143 Stephanie February 1, 2012

Making this tomorrow! Thank You!!

144 Kathy February 1, 2012

Costco has chia seeds? I. Need. To. Go. To. Costco. STAT!
Haha ^^

145 bitt of raw February 1, 2012

those are so pretty! I will try to make the raw version, i love pumpkin seeds and need another way to get some into my body. I will likely have to make them onion and garlic free but I may use a tomato as a wet ingredient instead. thanks for the recipe!

146 Karlie February 2, 2012

How would I make these in a dehydrator? I got one for Christmas and am looking for every exude I can find to use it:)

147 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 2, 2012

I would just check out a raw cracker recipe online and follow similar time guidelines :)

148 bitt of raw February 3, 2012

just posted this below but I’ll post it to you directly too:
I wanted to let you know I made these raw and they turned out great. I didn’t use the onion or garlic since it causes problems for me, I used some chopped parsley and collard instead. I dehydrated them at 145 for 1 hour, then a few more at 115, then flipped them and dehydrated overnight. It did not yield 25 large crackers, more like 16. Not sure I got mine as thin as yours. Next time I am doubling it for sure. Thanks for the recipe!

149 Diana February 2, 2012

I made this recipe last night as soon as I saw your post (fortunately, I already had all the ingredients)! They were FANTASTIC. Since going gluten free (and now grain free) three years ago, I rarely crave gluten foods, but the smell of everything bagels wafting out of a deli still KILLS me. These were fantastic and tasted like a cracker made of everything bagel toppings. To amp up the flavor, in addition to the grated onion and garlic, I also added a teaspoon of each, dried.

Thank you for a fantastic snack :) These will definitely become a regular around here.

150 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 3, 2012

Hey Diana, Im so happy to hear that!! Enjoy the rest :)

151 Christine February 2, 2012

I made these last night because I wanted something crunchy with my salad and they were awesome! I substituted hemp seeds for sesame (because I have a sensitivity to them) and used onion powder instead of fresh grated. What a great recipe thanks Angela!

152 Kim February 2, 2012

I love these!! I just made them and am currently enjoying them with fresh guacamole! Thanks Angela!!

153 Stefanie February 3, 2012

Hi Ange,
will def. try them this weekend! I LOVE chia seeds and since I am not only vegan but also gluten-free this sounds like a blast. I gave up my Dorito habit last summer (they really are addictive, aren’t they?) and have been looking for a yummy yet nutritious salty snack (besides roasted nuts) to enjoy, without the feeling that they sap my energy (Doritos always did!).
I think I’ll serve them with your basic cheeze sauce (the one you use in your broccoli soup), what do you think?

Love and Lunges,
Stefanie

154 Amanda February 3, 2012

Made these yesterday! Thought they needed a little more salt but otherwise great! Making another batch today!

155 bitt of raw February 3, 2012

156 Meg February 3, 2012

These look so good! You should do a post about your favorite foods to eat before and after you exercise :)

157 Kim @ The Excellent Adventures February 4, 2012

Angela! I just finished making these crackers and they are AMAZING!! I have been looking forever for a healthy unprocessed cracker to go along with my love for dips… and this is it! So delicious and so easy to make!!

Thank you so much for this recipe!

Kim

158 Tiffany February 4, 2012

I’m definitely going to make these once my oven is fixed (hopefully this week!). For US people, Sprouts Farmer’s Market (sprouts.com) has chia seeds in bulk, and every couple of months they have 25% off their entire bulk section.

159 cara March 5, 2012

Really? I scoured the bulk bins at Sprouts with no luck. Maybe not all locations have them. LOVE Sprouts though! Finally found them at Whole Foods. Not bulk, but in another aisle with various bags of seeds and grains.

160 Tiffany March 6, 2012

I guess it does depend on the location, I know in February I saw they had wheat berries in bulk and I was super excited, but this weekend when I went they didn’t have them or a spot for them any more…. Maybe you can ask about them, I know they do whatever they can to satisfy the customer, so they might be able to bring it in since other stores carry it in bulk.

161 cara March 17, 2012

I found them! Sprouts *does* indeed have them. So glad I saw your comment and went back and checked again. Either they just started carrying them at my location, or I’m just an idiot. :)

162 Willow @ My Own Trail February 4, 2012

Once again, you have provided exactly the kind of recipe I need for the week ahead! I am definitely making these tomorrow. They look sooooooooo good!

163 Laura February 4, 2012

Just made these and WOW they are soooo good! I didn’t have sesame seeds, so I just added a bit extra of all the other kinds. YUM! Thank you for this one! :)

164 Maricar February 5, 2012

I will definitely try this! Thanks for the recipe! What else would anyone recommend in place of the sesame seeds? Thanks!

165 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 6, 2012

hemp seed? flax?

166 Maricar February 6, 2012

cool! yeah! I’ll try hemp :)) Thanks, Angela!

167 Jessica February 6, 2012

Yum! I just made these last night to bring to work with me this week. I just dug into them with your homemade hummus for a snack at work and wow! Love these crackers! I made them so they are nice and crunchy. Thanks for a great recipe.

168 jess February 6, 2012

These are delicious! Making a second batch now because I know they are going to go fast! Thinking next time I’d like to try putting a little bit of nooch in the mix. Maybe it’d give it a hint of cheesy taste. I’ll let you know how it comes out.
By the way I doubled the recipe and used 1/2 cup sesame seeds and 1/2 cup flax because I ran low on the sesame and it came out great.

169 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 7, 2012

Thats great Jess! Let me know how the nooch is

170 Kate Sins February 7, 2012

I have these in the oven right now! I can’t eat garlic or onion so just salt and pepper as seasoning. I may have sneaked a little nibble when I turned them over… It’s taking all my resolve not to pull them out and eat the lot now! Divine. If these are good I’m going to experiment with LSA. I have tonnes of it in my pantry….

171 Andrea February 7, 2012

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned before, but if anyone is looking for an online bulk foods store (in the U.S.), this place has EVERYTHING! http://www.nuts.com

172 Megan February 8, 2012

Sweet! I can’t wait to make these.

173 Vicki Thomas February 8, 2012

I made two batches the other day – one as the recipe details and the second I added a tablespoon of cocoa powder, some unsweetened shredded coconut, and a some instant coffee. Both turned out very good. My only question is that a couple days later they are not as crisp – I have them packaged in ziploc bags. To help them stay crisp, I’ve put them in the freezer – they’re just a bit “bendy” right now. Any suggestions? Maybe I didn’t let them cool long enough – they felt cool when I packaged them. Thanks for the great recipe. Good-bye rice cakes – hello endurance crackers!
cheers,
vicki

174 MaryD February 10, 2012

These were great Angela! I made a few changes like replacing half of the sesame seeds with flax seeds and some of the water with apple cider vinegar so I could avoid adding salt. I will be making these all the time! Thanks for always posting such great vegan recipes :-)

175 Ilana February 17, 2012

What’s the consistency like on these? Do they hold up? I’ve been playing around with chia/seed/nut cracker recipes and they always crumble but I think I’m almost there…. gah! these look delish tho

176 jude February 20, 2012

I am finding these a little addictive. Since I use hummus as a topping to up my veggie intake, I am eating them mostly with avocado mashed with ev olive oil. Yum!

Thank you for another amazing recipe–can’t wait for the cookbook. :)

177 Beth @Sailing Foodie February 24, 2012

Just made these for the first time! They came out fantastic! I am shocked at how easy and tasty these little powerhouses are! Thanks for sharing.

178 jude February 28, 2012

I make these every week now.

179 Meg February 29, 2012

Could I substitute the sesame seeds with tahini?

180 Natalie March 14, 2012

I stumbled across your blog, and WOW, these crackers look AMAZING!!! I’ve got some chia seeds that need a-usin’ so I’m definitely going to try this out. Fantastic! All of your other recipes look great too. Cheers!

181 Megan March 15, 2012

So I was super excited to see these when you first posted, and was waiting for chia seeds I’d ordered online (later found with vitamins at my local Walgreens!) – and once i got to make a batch they came out so great and my whole family loves them. That means my vegan scoffing husband and two year old daughter. They pass the test of good, not just healthy good. Thank you.

For our current family trip to Disney, I brought a batch of your original recipe and a batch with cinnamon (1t), cocoa powder (1T), dash of nutmeg, and 1/4 cup of maple syrup replacing that amount of the water. They are SO good. I was really happy we had healthy, homemade snacks in the park.

182 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 16, 2012

So glad to hear that Megan! I made a sweet version similar to that and loved it. I can’t wait to play around with it more.

183 Tanvi March 20, 2012

I substituted chia seeds with basil seeds when I made these. I can’t find chia anywhere in India =( But basil seeds seem to have pretty much the same properties and they even look similar, though i can’t seem find nutritional stats anywhere! These turned out to be fabulous =D though mine looked a bit ‘shape-ly challenged’ because i couldn’t cut them properly.

184 gfpv March 27, 2012

This recipe is awesome. I was skeptical of whether they’d hold.
I made them and they are too perfect. Thank you so much!!!!

185 Fiona March 28, 2012

I just want to warn people NOT to make these without chia seeds!! The bulk bin at Whole Foods was out of chia seeds so I tried subbing flax seeds and it does not work. The chia seeds are necessary to absorb the water and create a cracker. Mine came out like crumbs. I have made these before with chia seeds and they were awesome!

186 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 28, 2012

that is so good to know, thank you. And Im so sorry that the flax didnt work out for you!

187 Doug March 30, 2012

Terrific recipe. I tried them as you suggested, though I used a dehydrator rather than an oven. Mine has 9 shelves, so I can make a fair amount at a time. Given how good they are, there’s no problem in having them go stale. I think the lower temperatures of the dehydrator (about 125 degrees) are likely a bit closer to their raw state.

Since the recipe is basically dehydrating all the liquid, I measure the dry ingredients and then keep adding a sufficient amount of warm water to make the chia seeds into a slurry that holds everything together. My dehydrator has parchment sheets that hold the wet mixture initially. After about 2 hours, I take them out, and turn them over onto mesh screens for more thorough drying. I used to leave the cracker sheets in one piece, but the resulting pieces after drying were jagged fragments. If you want the final crackers to be squares, it helps to cut them up when they’re still slightly soft (about another hour into the drying process after flipping them over). It sounds labor intensive, but it only takes a minute or two.

I’ve also experimented with a few recipe variations:

1. The original recipe above, if you like garlic and onions. I do, but the rest of my family finds it a bit strong.

1. Original recipe, minus the garlic and onions, and substitute soy sauce for part of the liquid. Handy if you like salty items.

3. Original recipe, minus the garlic and onions, along with a cup or two of chopped raisins (put through a food processor). This has been a favorite with everyone whose tried them.

If anyone has a recipe variation, I’d be glad to hear them.

188 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 1, 2012

Wow thank you for all the wonderful info!! So great to know. I will have to dig out my dehydrator and try them this way :)

189 Elena @MTJW April 16, 2012

Great recipe! These are so tasty – they have a hearty nutty taste – that everyone loves them. They’re a huge hit as an appetizer at dinner parties, especially when you can say you made them yourself! I put a spin on them and added craisins.

190 Nicole April 18, 2012

Mmmm-those look like they’d go great with my zucchini hummus that I made for the first time yesterday (chick peas and I don’t get along!).

191 Kate April 18, 2012

Love these crackers! They taste amazing and are so good for you. Even my daughter who picks the nuts out of cookies liked them! They are easy, super easy and quick to make. I was a little afraid I would break them when I cut and flipped over, but I slipped the parchment off the baking pan, cut and flipped and slipped parchment back on. Easy!

192 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 18, 2012

Thanks Kate! Glad to hear that :)

193 stef April 18, 2012

I love that you re-posted this recipe. I just made it this past weekend & LOVE them, but in case you were wondering weather or not you can use tin foil instead of parchment paper…you should not, unless maybe you spray some oil on it. I have to make batch #2 with my NEW parchment paper. I’m hoping this time I will actually be able to get crackers & not a mess out of it! Fantastic post! One change I did was putting all of the seeds in a food processor just to shred things down a bit. Love the recipes & I really enjoy how easy it is using your recipage!

194 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 18, 2012

aw, thanks for the tip about the tin foil!

195 Isabelle April 18, 2012

ohhhh, those look super yummy (and being nut free can end up in the kids lunch box too:)).
Thank you Angela, printing this one :)
isa

196 Andreina April 26, 2012

Hi Angela, I just made these crackers and they came out pretty yummmy.Thank you for sharing! I used to buy them at the health store but they are sooooo expensive, so Im very happy I don´t have to give them up :) . One question though, If I want to make them with flax seed instead of chia, do you suggest any changes in the proportions? Chia seeds are difficult to find where I live and they are very expensive as well so I though flax seed could be a good replacement but I m not sure about it. Have a great day.

197 Ange May 6, 2012

I just tried these crackers and LOVE them!! So fulfilling. Thank you!

198 karla June 1, 2012

Wow!!!! These crackers are by far the best I have had the pleasure to make since I started my gluten-free journey over 5 yrs ago! Thank you SO much for sharing. :-)

199 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 2, 2012

Im happy to hear that Karla!

200 Erin June 8, 2012

Thanks for this recipe. Made them and they’re amazing! very popular with my fellow detoxers who are not eating grain for 2 weeks!! Beautiful.

201 Andrina June 11, 2012

Definitely making those VERY soon.

202 Barbara June 11, 2012

Do the seeds and nuts have to be raw? I know they have more nutrients but I was wondering if it was such a big difference, I am a working student and it is so expensive to buy them on a budget!

203 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 11, 2012

I can’t see why it wouldnt work with toasted nuts Barbara. Let me know if you try it out!

204 nomnomnom June 11, 2012

Can you make these in a dehydrator?

205 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 11, 2012

i can’t see why not!

206 Erin June 18, 2012

This is my new favourite cracker!

207 Amelia Killebrew June 26, 2012

My crackers stuck to the waxed paper and when I tried to pull them off (after 30 mins) to flip them, only the top part came off. Did anyone else have this problem; any suggestions?

Thanks!

208 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 27, 2012

I would suggest using parchment paper. I didnt have any issues with it. Goodluck!

209 Anne Rizzo June 29, 2012

I am looking forward to making these. Thank you for the recipe. I just wanted to note that in your nutritional info you said that each cracker is 77 kcal. I looked “kcal” up and it says that 1 kcal is worth 1000 calories. I am sure that each cracker is not 7700 calories. Can I assume that this was a typo?

210 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 29, 2012

Hey Anne, My understanding is that “kcal” – when in reference to baking – equals 1 calorie. See this post for more discussion: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/531907

211 Kara Swan July 6, 2012

Just pulled these out of the oven, and they smell great. Can’t wait for my afternoon snack. Will be trying a couple before my next workout ;)

212 Kara Swan July 16, 2012

I made a batch of these last week, and I’m now a believer. On Saturday I got up and ran two miles and did some weight training, and I had already agreed to go on a hike that afternoon. Half an hour before I was ready to leave I sat at my desk, slightly shaky and dreading what was about to happen. I ate endurance crackers and then I hiked like nobodies business. Thanks!

213 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 16, 2012

Wow what an endorsement! ;) Glad you enjoyed them!

214 Kinsington July 20, 2012

These crackers are amazing! So amazing that the bf barely lets me eat any of them. I turn my back and they are gone every time I make them!

I’ve been playing around with some variations:
Using the original recipe I used some toasted sesame oil in place of some of the water and this batch was a lot less crumbly. Also added nooch which was my favorite!
Dried cranberries, honey and sea salt (minus garlic and onions) was pretty awesome as well. Love the sweet and savory.

One thing I’ve learned is to get a thin spread. When I leave them too thick they don’t cook through and can get soggy.

215 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 22, 2012

Love your tips and modifications!

216 Alisha July 29, 2012

Brilliant. Seriously brilliant. I whipped some up using hemp hearts, sunflower seeds, chia, millet and cranberries (next time I’ll add flax too!) and I used a tbsp of honey, chili powder, sea salt and white pepper. They’re freaking amazing! <3

217 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 29, 2012

Hey Alisha, Im so happy you enjoyed them! Thanks for letting me know. Great subs :)

218 Fiona August 5, 2012

I am making these crackers in the dehydrator at 95 degrees as we speak – do you happen to know how long they would take in a dehydrator Angela, or anyone? I’m very sorry if someone already addressed this in the comments and I didn’t see it.

219 Greta August 14, 2012

Hi Angela
Love these although I find them finicky when trying to make larger batches.
Wondering why you didn’t include hemp or flax seeds?
Is the temp too high for hemp? Couldn’t it be lowered a tad?
And is it true whole flax seeds are indigestible?
Thx
Greta

220 erin September 16, 2012

(it’s true, whole flax seeds have a nearly indigestible hull on them, which is why grinding them in your coffee grinder before using is the best thing.)

221 Cynthia August 24, 2012

They are awesome!!

222 Sarah August 27, 2012

Wow! These just came out of the oven and they are AMAZING! So easy and delicious! I added rosemary and thyme and dipped a couple in some garlic hummus. New favorite snack for sure!!

223 amy September 3, 2012

hello! i made these last week and my husband and i loved them!!! so delicious. i was wondering if you have experimented with freezing them? there were none left to freeze but i would like to make more ahead of time!
thank you!
amy

224 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 3, 2012

Yes they do freeze well :)

225 amy September 3, 2012

awesome thank you! do you need to toast them or do you just let them thaw and eat them once thawed? (i found these were awesome to take to work in my lunch!)

226 Katherine September 6, 2012

These are in the oven right now. I added a 1/4 cup poppy seeds because the more the merrier right? I also upped the onion and garlic. Even the kids love these. I swear, I’m changing my carnivorous ways because of you Angela. I’m slowly evolving into a vegan :)

227 Mimi September 10, 2012

I followed the recipe to a tee and everything was going great until I realised they stuck to the parchement paper after 30 minutes, and it was not an easy task to remove it. About 1/3 of the seeds were left on the paper (and some of stuck to the crackers). Any idea how I can avoid this next time? I realise from your pics that mine were spread out thinner than yours, so perhaps 30 minutes was too long. Thanks!

228 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 10, 2012

Ah sorry that happened to you, what a pain! Yes my guess is that they were spread too thin. Try them a bit thicker next time..I havent had that problem before. Goodluck!

229 Holly September 16, 2012

These are great, Angela! Thanks so much for the lovely recipe! I omitted the fresh garlic and onion, herbamere and kelp granules. I didn’t have pumpkin seeds so I used hemp seeds. I added 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, 1/2 tsp garlic and herb dip mix, 3/4 tsp cumin seeds, 3/4 tsp chili powder, and some dehydrated onion salt. I can’t wait to dip them in hummus and pack them in my lunches each day!

230 erin September 16, 2012

holy moly. i’d pinned these a month or so ago, meaning to make them that weekend. life happened, and i only now got to them. they’re in the oven for their second round right now (and i just broke them in pieces. totally missed your brilliant idea of cutting with a pizza cutter, so mine are ugly) but i sneaked a taste and they’re amazing!! i seasoned with garlic and cajun seasoning, plus a touch of italian seasoning. also added about a tablespoon of nutritional yeast. LOVE them and one batch was definitely not enough. will have to make more soon!

231 Jane October 8, 2012

made those today and they turned out to be delicious ! i wish they contained less fat ..i can eat it in really small amounts otherwise i get a little bit sick .. but they are really good (again, in small amounts for me) :)

232 Mary November 5, 2012

I’ve made three batches of this cracker since I came across the recipe a few weeks ago … They’re wonderful! Wondering if anyone has tried a sweet version? Maybe replacing a portion of the water with honey or maple syrup, and adding some dark cocoa and/or cocoa nibs?

233 Maria Dupell November 26, 2012

I just made these….Needed to (add) use 1/4 c hemp to make the 1/2c of sesame seeds. I needed to bake them an additional 20 min to crisp-up. I would ensure next time that the “dough” is super flattened prior to baking. These came out deliciously great-no trouble at all to make. Just curious as to what your other top 2 for 2012 recipes are if this is in the top 3? Thanks!

234 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 27, 2012

Good question, I will have to think about that! perhaps a year end review?

235 Mallory January 4, 2013

Thanks for the recipe, Angela. I really enjoyed those endurance crackers! Looking forward to what you come up with in 2013.

236 Vegan Radhika Sarohia January 4, 2013

I didn’t even know raw vegan cracker recipes existed before this post (I am totally uninformed when it comes to the whole raw business in general)
And I’ve been meaning to get on board with the whole chia seed movement but I haven’t bought any yet or tried to cook with them [I did finally buy beets and turnips for the first time recently and they are so awesome for vegan novice chef like me haha]
Anyway these cracker look spectacular!!!!!!!
I’ll try making them soon. They’re even low-carb so I won’t have to pull all my usual wacked-out flour substitutions and stuff woot woot

237 Leeanne January 7, 2013

If I wanted to dehydrate them instead, do you have any idea how long at what temp? Thanks!

238 Melissa January 16, 2013

Nooooooooooooooooo .
I left them in too long, despite your warning, and burnt them.

They were super easy, so I will try again. Thank you.

239 Doug January 20, 2013

Angela,

I wrote last year about using a dehydrator for making endurance crackers, and I still find that it works well. I have basically settled on “sweet” recipes (using raisins, agave syrup, etc). or “salty” recipes (using a bit of soy sauce). The garlic and onion recipes were appreciated by me and no one else in the family, and the lingering onion odors in the house when drying were not popular either.

I’ve noticed, frustratingly, that chia seeds have increased about 50% in price in the past year due to their wider use in the food industry.

One question I have is whether the crackers can be made with milled chia seeds – done by putting them into a coffee grinder and processing them about 10-15 seconds. Apparently, some of the food companies that are now utilizing chia have found that the absorption of the Omega 3 fatty acids and presumably other components is considerably increased with milled chia rather than whole chia. Unlike milled flax seeds, milled chia is relatively heat stable and not prone to going rancid. I haven’t yet made a milled chia batch and was wondering if you had tried it?

240 Maria January 25, 2013

These. Are. AMAZING. Wow easily the best crackers I’ve ever eaten in my life! I just seasoned them with about 1/2 tsp of coarse sea salt and they are perfect! My only regret is not having doubled the recipe because they aren’ gonna last!

241 Emmy Hebert January 26, 2013

Hey Angela, how do you freeze your endurance crackers? In a ziplock baggie?

242 Jackie February 8, 2013

Thanks for the recipe. I made these yesterday and was so proud of myself. They are delicious!!!!. I have so many allergies, so it’s hard to find something healthy, low carb, and something I can eat. Thanks a ton!!

243 Bethany February 11, 2013

These are amazing!!!! How do u store them so they stay crispy?

244 Rachael February 17, 2013

These are delicious! Light and savory and so nutritious. I didn’t even have kelp or herbamare but just used sea salt for seasoning and they came out great. Thanks so much. A good pick-me-up for a very dull and snowy February. Take care.

245 Lindy February 19, 2013

I make these every week to take to work for lunches! They go great with my kale salads. I’ve even gotten a couple of co-workers hooked! Sometimes I add a bit of cayenne pepper to these, just “amp up” the flavor even more without adding too much heat! Delicious! These are the best cracker I’ve ever eaten!!

246 Robin March 9, 2013

Delicious. So versatile and great for friends on different diets. 2nd batch I added grated fresh ginger and tamari for 1/4 of the water. 3rd batch added cinnamon, shredded coconut and maple syrup for 1/4 of the water.

247 Vanessa March 10, 2013

Made these this evening and have to say I am impressed! I completely spaced at the grocery and forgot the sesame seeds so I substituted that half cup with equal parts pumpkin and sunflower seeds. No problems with the final product! Obviously the taste is affected but you still get a crispy cracker.
Thank you!

248 Lynda March 15, 2013

Easy to make, crunchy, healthy, and taste REALLY good! Thank you!

249 suzy March 16, 2013

i just made this… turned out great and tastes even better. i put chill flakes through it and some mixed herbs. silly me i used foil, had to spend time after peeling it all off the crackers :/

250 Kaitlin March 16, 2013

I had a brainwave! Instead of just using water, I blended about three cups of fresh spinich and kale I had lying around with about a cup of water. Deelish, and perfect for st pattys

251 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 17, 2013

Awesome!!!

252 Raechel April 15, 2013

Holy crackers, I am in LOVE with these! They are tasty, filling, energizing, and they are so much more fun to eat than just grabbing handfuls of seeds out of a bag. I substituted the Herbamare for an individual packet of Green Superfoods ($1.40 @ Whole Foods) and added some Mrs. Dash seasoning. It worked out great! Thank you so much for the recipe!

253 Summer` May 17, 2013

I made these last night, and when I first put the water in I was scared the chia seeds weren’t going to soak it all up and that there was too much water. Oh me of little faith. By the time I scoured the comments section to see if anyone else had that problem, they’d sucked it all right up. I don’t feel like I spread these quite thin enough, thus I had to bake them 40 minutes today and they’re still a bit too chewy today. In the future, I’ll definitely make them thinner. Love the super easy SUPER healthy recipe! Thanks so much for sharing! Finding savory snacks can sometimes be a bit more difficult than sweet, so I love this! Also good for getting us off our tortilla chip addiction.

254 Born lippy May 25, 2013

These are fantastic! Instead of putting garlic I added an organic herb salt and a good splash of soy sauce. Really tasty and moorish. I am from the land of plenty (New Zealand) and have found these products easy to source. Thank you so much

255 Cheri May 27, 2013

I made these yesterday. WOW are they ever good! Very easy to make and so filling. Thanks for sharing.

256 Chloé June 6, 2013

I made these today – they were delicious… But they were very brittle!
I don’t know why, may you help me..
I used flax seeds instead of chia seeds, do you think this can be the reason?
Or did I put too much water? Or my oven was too hot? Or I baked them too long?

257 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 6, 2013

Hey there, yes they are supposed to be a bit brittle :) As long as the recipe is followed, that’s how they should turn out (unless of course overbaked) maybe try baking for less time next time – oven temps can vary a lot!

258 Chloé June 6, 2013

Oh thanks for your reply!
I think you are right I probably overbaked them. Next time I will reduce the time!
Thank you and your website is awesome :)

259 Penny June 12, 2013

Oh em gee! These are so good! And I love how nutritious they are! My boyfriend likes them too, so they are becoming a staple in our house! Unfortunately, my toddler spit his out, but we’ll keep working on him!
I used two garlic cloves in place of the onion, since I didn’t have it on hand, and just 1/4 tsp Herbamare to season. I love the idea of adding kale to the water, so I will be trying that next time. I thought that I was spreading them thin enough (my baking sheet was full), but they took so long to crisp up that I lost track of time. They were worth it, though!

260 Penny June 13, 2013

Unfortunately, not a fan of the kale! I only used 3 leaves, but I had major sticking problems when I tried to flip them over at 30 min (probably should have waited longer) and the taste of the kale really muted the garlic taste that we enjoyed so much with the first batch. I will be sticking with the kale in smoothies and salads from now on.
I’m also going to start making just a half batch at a time, or using two cookie sheets. I still couldn’t get them thin enough on one cookie sheet.

261 Lara June 14, 2013

I’ve been meaning to try these for ages, and now that I finally did, I really understand what all the hype is about – YUM! Love them so much :) I’ve stored mine in a tupperware: How long do they keep? I’ve also popped a couple in a ziploc in the freezer to take with me on a travel later on. Does the texture stay ok? And, a reader request: I have read suggestions for sweet versions above, and I would really like to see a sweet version at some point on your blog!

262 Chanel Johnson June 19, 2013

Just pulled these out of the oven and wow do these have a lot of flavor. I omitted the kelp and herbamare but added a litte nutritional yeast. These are delish and I can’t wait to take them on a hike. My buddies will be shocked to learn these are homemade. One word to the wise, when she calls for parchment paper don’t think you can use aluminum foil. It will get you where you need to go but it’ll make you work for it haha

263 Jillian August 14, 2013

I also found the Chocolatree in Sedona. I talked with the owner and she said they use DULCE. I haven’t tried your recipe with dulce yet. I wanted to THANK YOU for this recipe. My husband and I make it regularly and it is truly a tasty treat.

Good health and good fortune to you!
Jillian

264 erin August 16, 2013

Just made these! Overall they are delish! I am defiantly going to make these again :)))

265 Rachel August 19, 2013

I made these today. They were delicious, but I just wanted to mention that you should NOT USE WAX PAPER. It stuck to the crackers like crazy! Trying to peel it off, I lost a lot of the seeds that refused to “unstick” from the paper.

266 Lynn September 8, 2013

Thank you so much for this amazing recipe! I’ve been on a very restricted diet to heal my gut issues and I’m not allowed to eat any grains. I was starting to get very bored and frustrated with my diet until I found these. I used black sesame seeds and they look and taste gorgeous.

267 Brenda September 10, 2013

Hi,
I made these crackers and they are awesome. I’ve been sharing your recipe with everyone and I did take a few liberties with adding some things.
My big question is: how can I make them so they aren’t so crumbly and hold their shape for longer. I’m baking at an elevation of 5500 ft so that’s a little different. I know it would take away from the purity of the recipe, but is there a stabilizer of some sort we could add?
Thanks so much for this awesome recipe!

268 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 11, 2013

Hey Brenda, Hmm I’m not sure. Did you let them col completely on the pan before slicing? I haven’t had any issues with crumbling so I’m really not sure what’s going on.

269 Brenda September 11, 2013

HI Angela,
according to the directions we are to cut the crackers after the first round of baking, flip them over and then bake again. Has there been a change in the baking directions that I missed?
the other thing is that I may be pressing them too thin. Next time I will try to make them just a little thicker.
Brenda

270 Simplehiccup September 12, 2013

These got “two thumbs up” from my husband who devoured them with hummus and was none the wiser that he was eating something healthy instead of his usual potato chips.
Me/Angela: 1
Carnivore husband: 0

271 quilt24 September 13, 2013

Has anyone tried using chopped nuts in these wonderful crackers?

272 quilt24 September 13, 2013

Has anyone tried chopped nuts in these wonderful crackers?

273 Ileana October 28, 2013

Hi Angela,
I live in Panama, Central America! Just wanted to tell you that my search looking for crackers has ended…thanks to you!!! These are the best crackers I’ve ever had!! And the best part they’re homemade and soo unbelievably easy to make! I just have two questions …what’s the best way to store them?? in the fridge? and how long do they last?? Not that they’re gonna last long

274 Alysha December 31, 2013

I’m guessing you have sorted this out now, however just wanted to say that I made some (lots!) in Sept or Oct and they still taste great 3 months on. I have kept them in a sealed container in the cupboard :)

275 Martine August 14, 2014

How could they last 3 months ?!? ours are gone after 4 days (or less) ! :)

276 Kay Ren October 29, 2013

Wow! I just made these and they are now my favourite cracker too. Next time I’m going to try them seasoned with rosemary and maybe i will try a sweetish version too with cinnamon or something. Thanks for posting this recipe!

277 Mac November 8, 2013

These tasted AMAZING!!!!!! Thanks for making amazing food ideas that are easy to have a guilt free conscience about eating. The only problem is that I’m having an energy buzz right before bed :)

278 Teresa November 17, 2013

Wow – made these today…yum! BUT can someone let me know how to stop the crackers sticking to the baking paper? I lost a lot of them when I was turning them as they stuck to the paper.

279 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 19, 2013

Hey Teresa, Are you using wax or parchment paper? You should use parchment (I didnt have any sticking issues).

280 Crysta November 18, 2013

I am allergic to both garlic and sesame seeds. Do you have any suggestions for substitutes? Thank you!

281 Alysha December 31, 2013

I have omitted the garlic when I havent had any and have used linseed instead of sesame seeds :)

282 Val November 18, 2013

These are sooo good and incredibly filling.
Did I mention easy, too? I made them for company with food allergies. They loved them too.

283 Lucie December 1, 2013

Thank you so much for the recipe! I’m in love with these crackers. I changed a few ingredients since I didn’t have sunflower seeds, but the result was still amazing!
I posted the recipe with a link to your page on my blog here:
blogs.cotemaison.fr/cuisine-en-scene/2013/11/27/crackers-maison-aux-graines/#more-10866
Thanks again :-)
Lucie
PS: Huge fan of your blog!

284 Rachel December 9, 2013

Love these! They smell amazing in the oven!

285 Patty December 21, 2013

There are amazing! I’m giving them as my Christmas “cookies” this year.

286 MA December 29, 2013

I’ve been sugar and flour free for 5 months and these are exactly what I’ve been looking for. Made a batch tonight and they are INCREDIBLE…especially dipped in hummus :-) thank you!!!!!

287 Laura January 15, 2014

I know, it’s been a long time since you made these, but I just tried them yesterday and loved them so much I wanted to thank you! I tripled the onion, and cooked the rest according to the recipe. They were SO delicious that my daughter and I couldn’t stop eating them!

288 Christine January 31, 2014

I just made these. They are UNBELIEVABLE!!! I can’t stop eating them. I have found my new food addiction. I added a bunch cayenne pepper and fresh rosemary. They are AWESOME and super easy to make.

289 Loren February 4, 2014

Hi Angela! Made these a few days ago – they are great! Really robust though, which is good because you really don’t feel the urge to eat the entire batch in one sitting (something I often do when making breads + crackers…so bad). I added 2T nutritional yeast + approx 1t tamari. I might try making them next time with half ground + half whole seeds just to see what that does texture-wise. Thanks for the yummy recipe!

290 Bridget April 8, 2014

Can’t wait to try this.

291 Alison April 9, 2014

I love these crackers and make them all the time. The one thing I do differently is that I turn over the entire cracker slab *before* I cut them with the pizza slicer. I think it’s a time-saver. So glad a friend gave me your recipe. Thanks a ton!

292 Sue February 20, 2015

I make these crackers all the time (with a couple of tweaks)and adore them, as does everyone with whom I share. I am wondering about Alison’s comment that she turns over the entire slab before cutting them, and would love to know her procedure for doing this. Thanks.

293 Megan N April 13, 2014

I made these today and they got stuck to the parchment paper. Should i have used cooking spray before I spread the cracker mixture on the parchment?

294 Christine May 8, 2014

Excellent recipe! However, could you turn this into a printable recipe without all the extras i.e .comments. To print this out came to 30 pages. Thank in advance.

295 Vivian May 29, 2014

I MADE THESE I LOVE THESE CRACKERS….
thanks so so much for sharing your recipe. I am making a second batch tonight after my workout at the Y. Also going to make homemade Hummus to go with.
Funny on your blog you mention kicking the bosses butt after eating these. I shared my with my boss and now he wants me to make him some…LOL… when it comes to butt kicking it may be a tie…..

thanks again. yummy

296 Millie June 2, 2014

Hey Angela! I was wondering how long these last in an airtight container?
Thanks!

297 Heather June 6, 2014

We’ve made these so many times….LOVE them. My boys nicknamed them Lembas Bread (the Elven bread from Lord of the Rings that’s supposed to sustain you). They take it to Scout camps and hiking. We eat it with hummus, sliced meats and so on. We even made a sweet version by subbing some of the water for maple syrup, that works way better with peanut butter!

298 Jana June 9, 2014

Hi Angela and all lovers of this delicious food,

These crackers are really amazing and soooooo easy to make. I made these for my friends who are total meat lovers and they pass like nothing. just amazing, thank u :)

Jana

299 Cathleen Campbell Stone July 19, 2014

Anjela – hi! Thanks so much!

Just found this delicious recipe and they are a hit!

We just got married last year, so I’ve got a new fancy kitchen with loads of wonderful new gadgets. So first thing I did was to grind up all the seeds in a rough or course grind in my spice grinder. And also I received for my shower a nifty set of flat baking sheets with a slight lip to one edge, so instead of using a spatula, I just used another sheet of parchment, doubled the pan, flipped and moved the parchment back to the backing pan.

For spices, I used granulated garlic and onion instead, time was an issue. Also, I’m an energy healer and I work with essential oils, but one of my favorite uses of the oils is in cooking – so I added a few drops of oil – you could use basil, thyme, coriander, lemon, etc. or any combination.

We’ve been working our way up to 45 to 60 grams of fiber a day, so these are a great way to sneak that fiber in, and also enjoy a delicious snack.

Thanks again – Cat Stone

300 Suzanna July 25, 2014

Wow. Thank you for these. They are excellent! I have made them twice in the last couple of weeks and everyone I share them with thinks they are delicious. I added a little rosemary and it is a great addition.

301 Nic July 29, 2014

Angela, I’m having a bit of difficulty printing this recipe… I think the link to print is possibly messed up. I was able to print another one of your more recent recipes, but this one goes to a blank page when I click on the ‘print this recipe’ link. Thanks.

302 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 30, 2014

Hey Nic, It should be working now (I think perhaps the Recipage website was down?) Let me know if it works for you now. :)

303 Nic July 30, 2014

It works now… thanks! :)

304 Bianca August 11, 2014

HAH! “ever seen a tired bird?” BEST COMEBACK EVER! I cannot tell you the amount of times I’ve been told I eat bird food, just because I don’t stuff myself with McDonalds and steaks.
On my way to the store to make these crackers now!!!

305 Martine August 14, 2014

thanks a lot for this recipe ! I made them many times for my partner and myself but I also like to make them for friends. They love it !

306 Jessica August 22, 2014

These look amazing!! Any chance you’ve tried making them in a dehydrator!!??

307 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2014

Yes I have! I left them a bit too long I think because they got really crispy, but were still delicious :)

308 Charlotte September 1, 2014

Hi Angela,
I made these last night as per the instructions but I’ve realised today that they are a bit soggy and not as crispy as I would have liked. Should I have cooked them for longer or maybe made them thinner?
Do you think I could pop them back in the oven at a low temperature and see if it dries them out a bit more?

Thanks!

Charlotte

309 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 2, 2014

Yes you can certainly try baking them a bit longer – 5-10 mins might work? Crackers can be impacted by humidity levels so my guess is that the humidity might have made them a bit softer.

310 Wendy September 2, 2014

hello! recent new fan of your site as I was searching for some good and nutritious snacks to send to school with my son. Are these crackers ‘freezable’ to keep their ‘crunch’? or just make ahead at the beginning of the week – just wondering about the longevity/shelf life thanks!!

311 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 3, 2014

Hi Wendy, They do soften a bit by the next day, but they are generally pretty crunchy. It also depends on how humid your area is I think. You might be able to pop them back in the oven for a quick toasting if they do get a bit soft.

312 Tiana September 22, 2014

Hi! I was wondering if I could replace the sesame seeds with something else, such as hemp seeds? Thanks :)

313 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 26, 2014

Hi Tiana,

Yes that should be fine. Although I wouldn’t substitute the chia seeds as they are a key component in binding the crackers.

314 Ettyb October 17, 2014

i have been making these since I found your blog. I have added
Flax seeds and I use my Magic Bullet to purée the garlic clove and 1 tbsp sweet onion with the salt and water. Fabulous!

315 Sharyn October 28, 2014

What a fantastic recipe! I did a 27km charity walk this weekend and took some of these along to fuel us along the way – they were a great healthy energy boost. Our batch turned out to be a bit thicker than in your pics, although that ended up working out well as it meant they were a bit sturdier and didn’t get crushed to crumbs in our backpacks before we could eat them!

Thanks for sharing this recipe – will definitely have to remember these as a go-to snack in future :)

316 Juz November 5, 2014

Just to say thanks so much for there recipe. My 2yo helped me make these yesterday and they turned out great. He’s allergic to egg so we’re always looking for suitable recipes.

317 KT Blues January 11, 2015

Wanted to let you know that I started making these crackers about a year for my son (now 2). These crackers became an instant hit with him and all his buddies. Mind you none of the mums I know are vegans, but they are all now hooked on those crackers. These crackers are now biggest hit in snacks category in St.George area Sydney Australia :-)
Another day I came to the children’s playground 10 minutes drive from my home and another mum I never met before was telling me about good-for-you crackers as a snack for a child. She heard it from someone else :-)))
Another comparable hit is the on-the-go chia muffins from your book. My son’s 3rd word after ‘where’ and ‘yakky’ was ‘chia’. I only wish these muffins could use some other sweetner instead of maple syrup, like dates or banana…
Now that you have a child I am hoping that you will snow us under with new recipes that are healthy, easy to make and loved by kids!
I love love love all your recipes, but some of them are difficult to give to children because they are spicy or not easy to eat for the little ones.

318 Joy Sisto January 18, 2015

This look gorgeous and nutritious! The only thing that perplexes me is how I will try it without hummus or something? I react to concentrated foods like nut/seed butters and hummus and it’s hard for me to stop at one serving with those dips! It would probably be good with some fresh mashed avocado and a sprinkle or two of Real Salt to dip with it. I am allergic to dairy and eggs, among other things too, so those are out. I will save the recipe and brainstorm! This is too good to pass up! Thanks!

319 Kat January 25, 2015

I made these last week to try them, and they turned out great! I’m in Italy for 3 months visiting my boyfriend and I couldn’t find Herbamare or Kelp Granules, so I used Oregano and black pepper instead. My boyfriend absolutely loves them and has asked me 3 days in a row when I’m making them again! I just put the next batch in the oven :)

320 Robyn February 17, 2015

Yum! I can’t eat chia… Would flax work instead? If so, whole or ground?

Thanks!

321 Annabel Bailey February 27, 2015

These look wonderful and I have tried them… TWICE! … to accompany the raw taco salad… but both times I ended up with very tasty salad topping… they didn’t hold at all. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!!

322 Emily February 27, 2015

Do you spray the baking paper before placing the mixture on? I just tried making these and they stuck to the paper when I tried to turn them.

323 Liron March 8, 2015

These are delicious! and are so easy to make… thank you, thank you, thank you. We are in the process of eating more and more healthy and your recipes are starring in our kitchen every week. Please keep them coming!

324 Claudette Sova March 13, 2015

I am going to make these…they look so good. I LOVE Chia seeds and now have them with my Almond Breeze, Unsweetened Original Almond milk in the mornings. It does keep you full for a long time. Gives me great energy. I soak them in the fridge the night before and it is ready for me in the mornings but with these crackers, I will have my backup in case I forget to soak my Chia seeds. Love your Blog.

325 Jacquie April 13, 2015

Hi Alison,
I tried to make this recipe to the letter and they just feel apart once cooked.
How do you get them to stay together.
They literally just feel back into a pile of seeds for me :(

Thank you for your help!
Jacquie

326 n. June 3, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Just came across this recipe, would love to try it out because it’s so hard to find healthy snacks w/out the bad stuff and these look delicious :D

What’s the nutrional info for these so I can add them to myfitmess pal when I make them.

Thank you.

327 KiNi14 June 7, 2015
Recipe Rating:

These were so quick and easy to make…and they’re delicious!

328 Debi June 22, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Love these crackers. Thanks. Do you know the nutritional count of these?
I am addicted to these.

329 Rachel July 23, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I just made these as a part of the 2 day meal plan you posted yesterday, and they are perfect! I’ve never made my own crackers like this, but it was super easy! I didn’t have any sesame seeds, so I added a little bit more pepitas and sunflower seeds, and they worked out awesomely.

330 Amanda July 27, 2015

I made these last night and they are fantastic! I have them in a sealed container, just wondering how long they will last??

331 jacqui July 28, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I made these and they were really good – the middle bit was a bit thicker so I’ll make them thinner next time.They were perfect with the gazpacho I made. I stored them in a zip lock bag and they lost their crunch, so I popped them in the toaster – and wow! So good with avocado and they toast up really well! I’m going to make them again. Today.

332 Sharon August 2, 2015
Recipe Rating:

These are so tasty and easy to make. Definitely making these again soon. I seemed to lose a lot of seeds while slicing them half way through the bake time, anyone any pointers that might help?

333 Judit August 10, 2015

Looks very nice and I definitely want to try it in the raw version.
What’s the time and temperature for the raw option in the Excalibur?

334 Vickie August 17, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Angela, I loved these! Thank you! :)

335 Libby September 11, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Really tasty and easy to make! Plus, packed with nutrition. These are a winner.

336 Candace September 14, 2015

I can’t wait to try these! Also want to recommend another difficult to find but worth looking for cracker. They’re organic flax seed crackers. “FLACKERS”, made by Doctor in the Kitchen. They have great ideas for flavoring too, from sun dried tomato & basil, dill, rosemary… etc. to slightly sweet cinnamon & currants. Really Awesome!

Love what you’re doing here! I’m a huge fan.

337 j September 20, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I tried this recipe! I was amazed at how well the chia seeds hold the mixture together. Unfortunately when I took it out of the oven to flip it, I found it had stuck to the parchment. Next time I’ll try making it thinner and maybe using a light coat of oil. What I salvaged was very tasty – added cumin seeds and chili powder.

338 Amy M September 22, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I finally made these after looking at them for years! :)
Another great recipe, Angela! :)

339 Jessica September 22, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I can’t believe it has taken me this long to make these crackers! I’ve been eying them for over a year. Finally made them Sumday while on a cooking binge (just got back from our honeymoon and missed my kitchen terribly!). I’m already making my second batch today, just two days later! I could eat them plain – but they’re also lovely with homemade hummus, and I had them alongside your raw taco salad yesterday. They remind me of Mary’s crackers, but better! My husband’s first response was “Who makes their own crackers?”… Well, me now, apparently! Of course, he loved them too. I may never have to buy crackers again ;) Thanks Angela!!

340 Cynthia September 27, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Fast, easy, energy-dense, and delicious!

341 Janet October 11, 2015

Can’t wait to make these! You’ve changed my life with your recipes. I would choke down healthy food for years before I found you and realized that it can actually be delicious! I can’t wait for your next book and thank you for posting the blurry picture so we know you are actually human like the rest of us. Haha! Love to you and thanks for making being vegan a yummy thing!

342 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 13, 2015

Thank you so much Janet! I’m so happy to hear that you love the recipes so much. :)

343 Pat October 13, 2015

Thank so much for sharing this recipe. I made the crackers today and they were so easy to make and they are delicious! I sprinkled some Herbamare on top as well because I like the extra flavor.

344 Laura November 18, 2015

I LOVE these. They are so easy to make and fill me up. I’m training for a half marathon right now and I always have the best speed workouts when I eat this for my mid afternoon snack. I have to confess that when I’m really pressed for time and just need to get these in the oven fast before a morning run I use garlic and onion powders and they come out just fine. :)

345 Laura November 18, 2015
Recipe Rating:

And these are totally 5 stars, just like everything you come up with!!