Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

IMG 5320 thumb   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011 IMG 8958 thumb   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011 IMG 3216   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011IMG 3316 thumb   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011 20101108IMG 0034   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011 IMG 8752 2   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011IMG 2128   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011 IMG 6950   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011 IMG 4080 2   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

Not many people know that I’m a former stats geek.

During my 2nd year of my undergrad program, I was absolutely terrified to take my first stats course. I thought I was going to fail, thus shattering my dreams of going to grad school. As it turned out, I ended up falling in love with (most) of my stats courses, studied my butt off, and excelled in them. I surprised myself because I’m not normally a math person, but stats appeal to me because they tell a story! Stats have a hook.

I realized that the Best of 2011 recap posts are like a mini research project for me. It’s fun to see what types of recipes you guys love the most!

This breakfast round-up comes at a good time because my breakfasts were all over the place while on holiday. I was eating random things like dinner leftovers, odds and ends (read: cookies), and sometimes I forgot to pack enough breakfast food while away and got by on random pieces of fruit. It wasn’t ideal and didn’t leave me with bursting energy.

My goal for this week is to get into a normal breakfast routine again and back on the Green Monster train!

15. Glowing Sunshine Juice

5. Apple Pie Oatmeal

IMG 9758   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

4. 12 Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait recipes

IMG 4080 21   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

3. Carrot Cake Oatmeal

IMG 6612b   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

2. Vegan Overnight Oats recipes were very popular such as The classic recipe, Blueberry Banana Pie, PB and Jam, and Carob Banana Chia

IMG 6969 2   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

and the #1 breakfast recipe of the year goes to…

1. Classic Green Monster!

IMG 8958 thumb1   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

and the honourable mention award goes to…

Chocolate Cake Batter Smoothie!

IMG 0924 thumb   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

What types of breakfast recipes would you like to see more of in 2012?

Kate January 5, 2012

I just realized you are a sweet morning person, rather than a savory :)

carri January 6, 2012

gluten free PANCAKES!

Erin Harris January 6, 2012

Love your recipes! Can’t get enough of them! I would love to see some whole grain muffin recipes in the future:)

Lia January 8, 2012

I love love love your numerous oatmeal recipes! You’ve finally helped me to get my boyfriend to actually enjoy a bowl of healthy oatmeal (I made a banana bread oatmeal, using various ideas and suggestions of yours). Thanks for your awesomeness!

Rachel January 26, 2012

Have been making your Green Monster Smoothies and they are delicious and so easy! My favorite nut butter is Justin’s. They have amazing flavors. I just found a chocolate hazelnut flavor that tastes just like Nutella! Tastes great in the smoothie and is vegan/dairy/gluten free.

Monika May 7, 2012

All these look so yummy! Thank you for sharing!

Monique @ Ambitious Kitchen August 11, 2012

I LOVE breakfast, and I’m a huge fan of your site. I recently started eating a more Paleo diet, but also vegan on some days.

Motherbarbarian September 17, 2012

My daughter has been scouring your posts this evening and has turned into a rabid fan. She says you are a goddess among foodies! The best news for me is that she is going to try out a new recipe a day. Yeah! Thank you for the lovely inspiration.

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 18, 2012

Aw thank you! Enjoy :)

Ganga October 14, 2012

Everything looks delicious, will try a few.
Where did you buy the wooden spoon in the ‘Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal’ photo?
Thanks.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 15, 2012

I think it was from Urban Outfitters in 2010 :)

marybeth October 16, 2012

hello! thank you for these amazing recipes, i love your blog, i make at least one recipe a week from your pages. in fact, i made the peanut butter swirl pancakes with my boyfriend when we were visiting his family, and it was a HUGE hit!! a technical question for you, i am new to blogging myself, and i would love to repost this recipe on my page (credited to you of course, but with our pictures and twists, read: adding chocolate chips), but i don’t want to break any etiquette rules. may i re-blog it?

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 18, 2012

For sure, generally if you change a recipe it’s free for posting your own adaptations (at least in my eyes) with a link back to the original. Glad you enjoyed the pancakes!

Laguna December 7, 2012

I just made strawberry pancakes for breakfast!My boyfriend and my friend adored them!And of course me too… I am not a sweet lover for breakfast but these pancakes were really talking to me: bake me, eat me…. :)
I love your recipes!

Violet Koncz January 16, 2013

These recipes look AMAZING! I can’t wait to try them myself :D Do you do your own photography as well? They are very well done!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 17, 2013

Thank you, yes I do. It’s a learning process!

Anita Reid February 22, 2013

Hi,

I’m looking for ways to lose 70lbs, can you help? Thanks!!!!

Jennifer March 4, 2013

Girl…you just made going vegan easy! Wow that sweet potato oatmeal is amazing!!!!!

Wendy April 25, 2013

I am so happy I found this site. I have been looking for some new vegan recipes to try. These look so good.

Pat Volk April 27, 2013

Why on earth is there an advertisement on your site for eggs?

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 28, 2013

Hi Pat, I strive to keep all the ads vegan on the site (and will remove any that are not vegan), however I can’t see the ads running in some parts of the world like the US and other countries. Thanks for letting me know about the ad, I will look for it and remove it shortly.

Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today May 7, 2013

Thank you for sharing this post. So many great ideas.

Shanna July 23, 2013

Would you be willing to make apple cinnamon swirl pancakes? Instead of the peanut butter swirl. Some type of apple cinnamon swirl….? A vegan version of that would be pretty great. My vegan self and my non vegan boyfriend would like those :) :D

Sylvia October 30, 2013

I just found your blog. OMG!!!! I couldn’t pull myself away. My husband and I recently went vegan and I’ve been experimenting with different recipes and am actually enjoying being in the kitchen again. I’ve printed off a number of yours and can’t wait to try them at home. This page is now bookmarked! Thank you for sharing these wonderful recipes!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 30, 2013

Hey Sylvia, Thank you so much for your kind words! I’m so happy you enjoy the blog :)

Princess-Leisa White February 22, 2014

I would just like to tell you that you are SO appreciated and to please never stop doing what you love. You are so inspiring to so many individuals around the world including myself. I can feel your passion through your story and photos. I just want to thank you! It’s individuals like yourself that make a great difference, touching the hearts, souls, and lives around the world. Your passion and hard work does not go in vain.

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 22, 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely note – I appreciate you so much!

Page 3 of 3«123