Easy Holiday Gift: Vegan Chocolate Macaroon Truffles

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on December 19, 2011

IMG_5706

You couldn’t twist my arm enough to make me eat one of these creamy chocolate truffles right now.

I know what you’re thinking…Who are you and what have you done with Ange?

IMG_5685-2

Well, the reason for my truffle aversion right now is a little something called a hangover…of the red wine kind. Here I was doing so well eating healthy all weekend and then I went a bit crazy with the booze. You win some, you lose some. :) As I type this at 8pm on Sunday night, I can’t even fathom eating something sugary right now.

This too shall pass.

Despite, my current inability to eat anything that isn’t a salty carb, I can assure you these truffles are incredible! They almost didn’t make it to my sister’s place…

IMG_5688

Thankfully, they did…and everyone raved about them. I heard many, “I’m not normally a truffle fan, but these are amazing” comments.

And then I ended up as a short-lived President with a break-proof beer insulator on my wine glass, hugging stuffed Santas. It’s a long story.

The good times rolled much like these truffles! These vegan truffles come together incredibly easy which is always nice. The only thing you need is a bit of patience while the truffle mixture firms up in the fridge for a couple hours. If you are in a rush like I was, you can place it in the freezer for 30 minutes and then in the fridge for another 30-45 mins to save a bit of time. Who can really wait 2 hours for chocolate anyways?

IMG_5680

After the dough firms up, just shape it into balls and roll in cocoa powder. Easy stuff!

IMG_5690

They’ll think you baked for hours.

You can also try rolling it in finely chopped toasted mixed nuts, which would give it a nice crunch. I think I will try that when I make them again on Friday!

After rolling the truffles in cocoa powder, I placed them into a cute little “Painter’s can” food container I purchased at Bulk Barn. It’s adorable…transparent…what’s not to love?

IMG_5698

To complete my hostess gift, I attached a trimmed Christmas card with ribbon and wrote the recipe on the inside.

IMG_5707-2

You can also change up the flavours too. I was thinking a chocolate orange truffle would be nice (maybe add 1/2-1 tsp orange extract and some fresh orange zest) or a mint crunch truffle (add 1/2-1 tsp peppermint extract along with some crushed candy cane). Yum!

Don’t want the shredded coconut? Just leave it out!

Need to make ahead of time? You’re in luck.

I do, however, suggest serving them with a glass of cold almond milk, instead of red wine.

IMG_5685

The truffles are an indulgent, easy gift you can make for your girlfriends, family, host or hostess, or maybe even yourself!

As I edit this post on Monday morning, a truffle for breakfast is almost tempting. I’m back, baby.

IMG_5706

Recipes coming up…

Coming up on the blog, the 12 Days of Healthy Dinner Recipes continues with a take-out inspired dinner recipe. On the cookie front- Eggnog Spiced Snickerdoodles I made for a cookie swap.

IMG_5733

Bring your appetite, it’s going to be a fun week!

~~~

winnerscarf

The winner of the Ellie Eternity Scarf Giveaway is #1145- Abbey L. Congrats! I have emailed you to collect your info.

Big thanks to everyone for participating!

sabine @ some-like-it-raw.com December 19, 2011 at 9:22 am

I always love your gift ideas. I made your pumpkin butter once for a friend and it was a huge hit :)

Lys December 19, 2011 at 9:23 am

Wow I will definitely make these this week! Sorry about your hangover. Have you tried eating an umeboshi then sucking on the pit? I know, sounds gross but the old Japanese wives tale works! At least for me and my stomach when I’m hungover. :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga December 19, 2011 at 9:28 am

The eggnog snickerdoodles and I know you probably made them vegan…wow…between no eggs in the eggnog or the cookies, you had your work cut out for you..can’t wait to see those.

But first…a ball of chocolate. Oh balls of chocolate, how I love thee :)

And yours are dusted in cocoa powder. Lovely! And reduces the need for what seems to be each ball using up between and eighth and a quarter cup of melted chocolate chips whenever I make balls or truffles. Lol

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 19, 2011 at 9:30 am

These look so tasty Ange (and I’m not normally a truffle person!!) Looks like you had a really fun time – tis the season for wine! :) I was actually in Bulk Barn yesterday thinking about how cute the tins were. Wish I had more time for holiday baking because I’d love to fill some of them! Can’t wait to see what else is in store recipe-wise this week!

Amanda December 19, 2011 at 9:31 am

You have combined two of my favorite desserts – macaroons and truffles. These look outstanding!

I LOVE the little clear paint can container. :)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 19, 2011 at 9:32 am

I wish this posted one day earlier! I literally made all my homemade cookies and gifts yesterday and am wiped out but these would’ve been perfect! There are so many chocolate lovers in my family, I’m sure they would’ve loved them. Plus they’re huge wine drinkers too and truffles + wine is like the ultimate combo (as you seem to know ;))

Hannah December 19, 2011 at 9:33 am

Mmmm these remind me of those French truffles at Trader Joe’s that we would get for Christmas every year. Buuuutt I’m pretty sure those had tons of eggs/dairy in them. Ha.

Katie December 19, 2011 at 9:39 am

Hello Angie! I loved the best recipes of 2010 list. Are you planning on putting another one together for this year? I’m sure all of us would just love it.

Alexandra T December 19, 2011 at 10:05 am

i will second that remark! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 19, 2011 at 10:20 am

Sure, I can do that!

Amanda December 19, 2011 at 9:45 am

No way jose ! i just made egg nog (holly nog) sugar cookies for a cookie swap! And i thought i was so origional ! …. plus gingerbread sandwhich cookies with vanilla marshmellow buttercream.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 19, 2011 at 10:21 am

hah are you living in my kitchen? I also made gingerbread rounds with spiced buttercream this weekend…we have cookie ESP!

Julie December 19, 2011 at 9:49 am

Love that this is such a simple recipe! Very pretty for a gift as well!

DessertForTwo December 19, 2011 at 9:52 am

I love your vegan desserts! They taste sinful!

Melissa December 19, 2011 at 9:56 am

These look amazing… Can’t wait to try them!

Tracy December 19, 2011 at 10:00 am

This would be a great treat for those ‘not so fun time of the month days’ when the only thing that truely helps is chocolate :)

Christina @ HealthyCosmos December 19, 2011 at 10:01 am

Look absolutely delicious! I am continuously impressed by the fact that you are the greatest hostess in the world!

Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon December 19, 2011 at 10:01 am

Mmm…these look tasty! So much better and so much better for you than those oreo cream cheese truffles that seem to be all the rage lately!
And I like the chocolate orange idea! Chocolate almond or chocolate hazelnut would be yummy too!

Preena @ A Teaspoon Of Turmeric December 19, 2011 at 10:07 am

Thanks Angela! Was looking for something to bake for holiday gifts this week… going to add a small hit of Garam Masala for a twist. Hope you’re having a great holiday season so far. :)
Preena

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 19, 2011 at 10:21 am

lovely idea Preena!

Cat @Breakfast to Bed December 19, 2011 at 10:08 am

get thee some seltzer and excedrin. Red wine headacheovers are the WORST!! Stupid freaking tannins.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 19, 2011 at 10:22 am

hah yea headacheover is the perfect term…it’s finally gone after almost a full day.

Andrea @ Vegvacious December 19, 2011 at 10:16 am

I can’t believe how easy your recipe is! This is definitely an easy add-on to my baking list this week! Hope you’re feeling better today ;-) That darn wine gets me everytime!!!

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes December 19, 2011 at 10:16 am

I bet those truffles are good WITH red wine ;)

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning December 19, 2011 at 10:25 am

Ohhh good idea. Is 10:30 am too early for that? :)

Ashley December 19, 2011 at 10:19 am

Ummm, hilarious. Apparently this was the weekend to act like you’re 21 again, because I was out til 3am on Friday and 2am on Saturday. Ohhh, good times. ;) I’m not usually a truffle fan either, but I think it’s just the kind with the liquid center..gag! I LOVE the solid chocolate kind, like you’ve made above!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning December 19, 2011 at 10:24 am

I don’t know why the thought of making truffles always seems to daunting- there’s so few ingredients! I guess just because they taste so decadent, I think they MUST be complicated.
I can’t wait to see the Snickerdoodle recipe. That’s my mom’s signature cookie (minus the eggnog).

Michelle December 19, 2011 at 10:42 am

Angela,

do you need to use the double boiler method when melting the chocolate chips?? I’ve never melted chocolate chips without the double boiler and I’m scared I’ll burn them!!

Thanks.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 19, 2011 at 10:50 am

I never do, but you can if you prefer!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh December 19, 2011 at 10:50 am

Very cute and the perfect thing to give! I love giving/feeding people things that are vegan or healthy and listen to them rave then tell them a few days later what it was. heh heh

Leah December 19, 2011 at 11:04 am

From what I can tell that top you are wearing is gorgeous! This recipe looks great!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 19, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Thanks Leah!

[email protected] KatieDid December 19, 2011 at 11:20 am

I can share your hangover pain, mine from the white wine variety. It’s true about the salty carbs, all I ever want is potatoes! Despite how I’m feeling these still sound incredible!

Carolina December 19, 2011 at 11:28 am

Angela, i dont quite understand what you mean by cream from the top of can. Usually when I open a can of coconut milk there doesn’t seem to be this separation with cream on top.
I have a can of actual coconut cream(have never used it), would that be the same thing?

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 19, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Hey Carolina,

Not to worry. I think the full-fat cans tend to separate more after they have been refrigerated, at least mine seem to. As long as you use full fat coconut milk, you should be fine :)

Carolina December 19, 2011 at 3:41 pm

ok, thanks! I think i’ll make use of my concounut cream can though, that way i don’t have to buy the milk. i hope this will work the same way.

Amanda Elliott December 19, 2011 at 11:29 am

These look amazing! I think I may be making these this week…

How long would these last?

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 19, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Hey Amanda,

Im not positive on how long they will last exactly, but they will keep for a very long time in the fridge! I would guess at least 10 days, but probably over 2 weeks. I’ll do a little test on them and update the recipe when I know for sure…hopefully I can make it last that long! ;)

Amanda Elliott December 19, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Thanks Angela!

Casey @ Insatiably Healthy December 19, 2011 at 11:50 am

I’m about to go on a truffle making frenzy. They always make the perfect holiday gift!
The coconut milk addition sounds great too :)

Ashley December 19, 2011 at 11:56 am

I love all the coconut in these! They sound amazing.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 19, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Oh yum! Truffles are my biggest weakness. My friend made me a small batch last Christmas and they didn’t even last 2 days! I will definitely be making these – and then promptly wrapping them up as gifts to avoid the temptation of eating the whole batch haha. I’ll save a *few* for myself though. ;)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 19, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Ha, I am the exact opposite of you when I’m hungover. All I want are carbs and sweets. And lots of coffee! These truffles look amazing :D

[email protected] December 19, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Sounds like you had a good time :) I crave any junk food when I’m hungover, sweet or otherwise! Glad these were a hit, spreading the vegan dessert love.

[email protected] for the Soul December 19, 2011 at 12:32 pm

These are sooo pretty and professional lookin’ in their cute lil package. I can see how this combo would make a great one.

Erin @ Creative Styletopia December 19, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Ah yes, the red wine hangover, they always seem to be the worst don’t they? I bet you had an awesome time though! :)

These look amazing, I’m planning on making your eggnog biscotti to bring to my parents house on Christmas eve, I have a feeling these may need to make an appearance as well!

Char @ www.charskitchen.ca December 19, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I love truffles!! I just got a bunch of raw ones from a vegan cookie exchange yesterday. Will have to try yours when they run out!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table December 19, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Such a great idea for hostess gifts! I bet they would be amazing rolled in coconut with the coconut milk in them. Or crushed pistachios!

Jill December 19, 2011 at 1:26 pm

First of all…I’m definitely going to make these truffles! Secondly, I saw your mashed potato recipe in the Chatelaine Magazine!! How often do your recipes end up in magazines??

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 19, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Thank you, I will have to pick it up!

Nicole December 19, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Sounds like you had some fun!! These look so delicious, and so, so easy! Thanks, Angela!

Katrina December 19, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Mmm delicious.

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes December 19, 2011 at 2:03 pm

How cute! They look amazing :)

Rachel December 19, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Asshole is definitely one of my favorite drinking games! I always play with beer though….helps with the hangover thing ;-)

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe December 19, 2011 at 2:24 pm

These look so decadent and delicious!

Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner December 19, 2011 at 2:31 pm

You are out doing yourself with these recipes! They all look sooo good.
I’m glad you had a good weekend.. it’s always nice to let loose once in awhile :)

Liz December 19, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Unrelated to those delicious looking truffles (I too am one of those, ‘not really a truffle person’, and I am going to attempt these this weekend!), I made your favourite granola recipe yesterday. It went . . . OK. Next time I would turn the tray around partway through baking, as the back portion of it was a little ‘crisper’ and darker (no – not burnt . . sort of!). Also I would actually pay 100% attention to the direction and not add the dried cranberries until AFTER the cooking process. But regardless, my husband (who does not like cereal), snacked on a bowl during football yesterday and proclaimed it to be delicious. I already knew that after my bowl with cold milk an hour earlier, but sometimes it takes people awhile to catch on :)

Thanks Angela!!

Laurence Boisvert December 19, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Hello Angela,

I really like your website and I often do your recipes (deserts of course!!) and I bring them at work and everyone love it ! (We are all dieticians).

I would like to know where do you get those little paint conteners on your pictures?

Thank you! (sorry for my English I am from Montreal)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 19, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Hi Laurence, Thank you for your kind words. The cans are from Bulk Barn. Hopefully you have them in Montreal?

Lisa (bakebikeblog) December 19, 2011 at 3:35 pm

oh my – these look wonderful! What a great gift idea!

balvinder December 19, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Hi Angela, I wanted to post a comment on your vegan crackers which I made yesterday and there so good and I am going to make it again. I am glad that I found your blog browsing randomly through food buzz. I will be posting your recipe soon on my blog. Your truffles also seem mouthwatering I can almost feel them melting in my mouth.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 19, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Thanks I’m happy to hear that!

Wendy December 19, 2011 at 5:39 pm

These look exactly like a truffle I had at a restaurant in Keene, NH a few months ago.. the restaurant was not vegan but when I let my server know I am vegan, the chef surprised me by whipping up a truffle for me for dessert! Ever since then I have been wondering how to make something similar.. yay!

Sandra Kohlmann December 19, 2011 at 5:52 pm

I have three batches of these truffles chilling in my fridge right now. I made the recipe you have above. I have another version that is the same, but without coconut, which I’m going to roll in macadamia nuts. The third has peppermint and I’m going to use crushed candy canes, like you suggest. I can’t wait to finish them up and try them.

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeouw December 19, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Can’t wait for the snickerdoodle recipe!

Moni'sMeals December 19, 2011 at 6:16 pm

good golly. This is exaclty what I want to make. Thank you! Both are My favorite and so rich and decadant too. I agree…PERFECT for a gift. Thanks Ang.

Loved the pics too… what a fun time.

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts December 19, 2011 at 7:57 pm

We were watching Gordon Ramsay’s Christmas special last night, and ending up skipping most of it because it was mostly meat-based and the non-meat things were not that appealing. We watched the truffles though, and I was left wondering how to make them vegan. You have delivered the answer to me the following morning :) These actually look identical to his, right down to the suggestions for optional flavour additions and coating possibilities, but healthier and dairy free! And thus better :) Delicious.

Jessica December 19, 2011 at 7:58 pm

I too had a hangover on Sunday, from too much sangria the night before. Uh, it was not fun. But it was totally worth it.

Pharmacy Chick December 19, 2011 at 8:55 pm

OMG! The truffles look sooo good! I’m going to pass this recipe on to my mother as a giant *hint hint*! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Heather December 19, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Excited for your snickerdoodles recipe since I made them last week by mostly just swapping the milk for silk nog. And I truly thought was my own individual genius idea (no Google involved!) but could use a little more “ummmph” before it is cookie platter good. Good enough for me to stuff in my face at midnight, but wouldn’t convince my neighbors how cool vegan baking is. Bring it on soon. Feel better!

Lindsey December 19, 2011 at 9:27 pm

These look amazing! And what a great hostess gift idea :)

Heather December 19, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I can’t wait to try these truffles for Christmas! I have my husband’s family to see and these will make a great treat and maybe the snickerdoodles too, I do have eggnog in the refrigerator that is dying for a recipe!!

[email protected] healthy helper blog! December 19, 2011 at 10:51 pm

I LOVE HOMEMADE TRUFFLES! My friend makes them all the time around the holidays and they are fabulous! Now I can try and make them on my own! :)

Angela @ Angie's Veggies December 19, 2011 at 11:09 pm

How would these freeze? They look so good, but require the refrigeration for two hours (I’m the worst planner)… thinking of making a huge batch to freeze minus the cocoa powder, then dust after they defrost so the powder doesn’t become wet from the defrosting condensation?

Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie December 20, 2011 at 1:35 am

That is such a good gift idea! And ohh can’t wait to hear more about those cookies!

Dayanna platt December 20, 2011 at 2:02 am

These truffles look so tasty!
Where you playing big two card game? So much fun! (:

hannah alehandra December 20, 2011 at 5:51 am

These looks amazing! I love adding chopped nuts to recipes. And chocolate truffles, well, no explanation nessecary!!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 20, 2011 at 7:11 am

I love this macaroon and I love the idea that you don’t have to refrigerate the truffle. So many truffles have to be refrigerated before serving, I hate that! These look like fun to make too!!

Clotilde M/Craftybegonia December 20, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I think one of the easiest and yet most personal things to give is something you make, because then you are giving something of yourself.

Geanna December 20, 2011 at 10:50 pm

These are amazing. I just made a batch to give as stocking stuffers and I literally licked the whisk clean. My family is lucky there was some left when I was done! Thanks for the great recipe.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 21, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Hey Geanna, Im happy you enjoyed them!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) December 20, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Those look great, and if they are anything like your other recipes, they probably taste INCREDIBLE!

Ashley McFarland December 22, 2011 at 10:00 am

Well they look amazing!!! Do they stay moist inside??

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 22, 2011 at 11:57 am

Yes they are soft and smooth on the inside :)

Kailee December 22, 2011 at 10:31 am

Yum!! How long will these truffles stay good? I want to make them as a gift for Saturday and Sunday, wondering if I could start today or if I should wait

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 22, 2011 at 10:38 am

I guess they’d keep at least 10 days in the fridge :) but they wont last that long! lol

Kailee December 22, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Well of course not, at least not in my fridge! (prob not even 10 minutes!)

Laura December 22, 2011 at 11:50 am

Could you use semisweet chocolate – the kind that comes in squares, rather than chips? If so, how much, do you think?
Thanks!

Leslie Paquette December 22, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I new immediately when I saw this recipe that I HAD to make it. My husband insists he *hates coconut, I love it so I decided not to omit it. I did not tell my husband that there was coconut in the recipe and although he could obviously tell as soon as he took a bite. He thought for a minute and said “Those are pretty good”. Now the hard part is going to be ingnoring the plate of them in fridge until X-mas!! I made them into about 50 small balls so the recipe would serve more people. Thanks!!

Leslie Paquette December 23, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I just checked on the truffles and all looks good except the candy cane coated ones. I’ve kept them in the coldest part of the fridge and the candy cane part melted right off them!! Good thing I only made a few of those and stored them seperate :) Guess those are for me to enjoy!! I think they might go nice with my coffee in the morning.

Meagan December 22, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I just made about 40 or 50 of these for Christmas gifts! YUMMY! Thanks for sharing! My friends are going to love them. And they were fun to make!

Mina December 25, 2011 at 11:27 am

I made these yesterday and they are absolutely 100% pure joy! They are rich and chocolate-y without being overwhelming (that is unless you stick 4 in your mouth at one time……but even then that might be okay).
This recipe was perfect! The only thing I did differently was omit the coconut because my brother won’t go near anything that tastes like coconut; you can’t tell at all that the cream used for this is coconut cream. It just tastes like a rich, decadent chocolate truffle!
I ended up making about 28 pretty decent to hefty sized truffles out of this recipe. Maybe mine just weren’t as big as the ones you made for your blog, but they are definitely quite sizable!
anyways, thank you so much for this great recipe, and all your great recipes! Merry christmas!

Elena December 28, 2011 at 10:08 am

Hi Angela. I chanced upon your blog earlier this year and I’ve been a follower since then. I’m not a vegan, but I’ve made many of your recipes with ease. Thank you so much! However, I’m having a bit of a problem with this truffle recipe. I did not add maple syrup and only added 1/2 cup of shredded coconut. It’s been in the fridge for more than 2 hours now. I even put it in the freezer for a good 45 mins. But it still is not firm enough to form into balls. Help please? Me, my husband and my mini-me want to devour them already! Thank you so much again for sharing all your wonderful recipes and happy thoughts! Happy Holidays!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 28, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Hey Elena!

The maple syrup is needed for the recipe to work (or I would imagine anyways as it helps firm it up)…just curious what did you use in it’s place?

Elena December 29, 2011 at 2:00 am

I see. hehe. I just left the maple syrup out. It’s hard to find a really good one here in my part of the globe, not to mention extremely expensive. I only have honey on hand. I’ll give that a try. Or maybe, I’ll also lessen the coconut milk I used? Thanks so much! You’re such an inspiration.

jenna December 29, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Elena, you might not even need any sweetener, depending on how dark you like your chocolate. I didn’t add the maple (even though I’m Canadian ;) ) because I like my truffles more bitter than sweet. Enjoy!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Yes that could work too! Enjoy :) I hope it works out for you.

jenna December 29, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I make vegan truffles every year, and this year I made your version (minus the coconut and plus more dark chocolate and vanilla essence). I had amazing reviews, so I will be adding these to my permanent Christmas “baking” collection. Thank you, once again, Angela!

Also, I’m inspired by the Earl Grey Truffle recipe from The Star’s Golden Whisk (10 best recipes of the year) Awards. I’m pretty sure that by “homogenized milk” and “cream” they mean the thick part of the coconut milk :) http://www.thestar.com/living/food/recipes/article/1107664–golden-whisk-earl-grey-truffles

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2011 at 4:54 pm

wow those sound good!!

Wendy February 7, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Hey Ange what do you think would happen if I used the coconut milk that is NOT full fat?

Kimberly Andresen-Reed July 18, 2012 at 9:29 am

It’s currently setting up in my freezer, the “dough” as it were, was really tasty though! Instead of chocolate chips, I used a chocolate sauce recipe from Happy Herbivore to save myself some time and money on the chips.

I also wondered, do you use grade A or B maple syrup in your cooking? I’m new to it, just got my first bottle yesterday, and was wondering.

Deryn December 20, 2012 at 10:03 am

Hi!
I made these last night and after hours in the freezer they didn’t harden at all. I left over night and they’re still goopy and un-rollable. I don’t know what I did wrong! Do you know if I can fix them?? :) I made 3 batches with different flavours so it would really be a shame if I waste the mixtures!

Thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 21, 2012 at 9:54 am

Hey there, It’s hard for me to know since I wasn’t in the kitchen with you, but did you make any changes or substitutions to the recipe?

Jenna December 22, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Hi Angela, I’m just wondering what the yield of this recipe is?

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 24, 2012 at 9:56 am

makes 17-19 large truffles. enjoy!

Rachel October 31, 2013 at 2:26 pm

I’m new to gluten free baking, but need to make something for an event tomorrow. Can someone tell me whether these are gluten-free or not?? Thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 31, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Yes they are – but be sure to check the labels of your ingredients. enjoy!

Amy November 29, 2014 at 8:47 am

These look awesome, how long will they keep once they have been made?

Suzanne Wenzel November 29, 2014 at 6:35 pm

I just made these for a Thanksgiving gift for relatives..as well as a treat for my family. They are delicious! Everyone loved them. They are so easy to make too. The only think I was surprised about was how soft they were even after a whole night in the fridge…perhaps I added a bit too much coconut cream. I still managed to roll them into balls though. I rolled half in toasted coconut and half in cocoa. I plan to make more for Christmas and try different toppings as well as different flavors in the chocolate. Thank you for such a great recipe!

jams November 29, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Hello lovely Angela
Can you advise if I can somehow *add* booze to these? Maybe just a couple of tablespoons?

jams

julie earp January 2, 2018 at 10:35 pm

these are the color green in the DIY Christmas cookie platter. Did you roll them in finely ground pistachios?

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2018 at 10:18 am

It was rolled in matcha green tea powder :)