New York City: The Last Day

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on December 4, 2011

IMG_0265

Day 3, the final day in NYC! More walking, more exploring, more great food, and more blisters! Eric joked that I had more moleskin on my feet than an ultra marathoner. A word of advice: Do not break in shoes on a trip to NYC!

IMG_4953

We picked up a few Christmas gifts at FAO Schwarz, a huge toy store filled with neat things.

IMG_0394 IMG_0397

Fish’s Eddy…a really cool kitchenware store!

IMG_0403 IMG_0404

It’s too bad I couldn’t pack much in my suitcase or this store could have been trouble!

IMG_0401

I love all of their bright coloured dishware.

IMG_0402

Then we ended up at the Union Square Market.

IMG_0424

What a GREAT market! This was so much fun.

IMG_0419

IMG_0409

IMG_0410 IMG_0411

IMG_0414

IMG_0417

I picked up something I’ve been looking all over my hometown for…Smoked Paprika!

IMG_0420

IMG_0421

IMG_0422

IMG_0425

We got some HOT mulled apple cider. I burned my tongue over all the excitement.

IMG_0426

IMG_0427

After the market, it was time to eat again! Walk and eat. Eat and walk. This time, we had lunch at Angelica Kitchen.

IMG_0449

Eric ordered the cold apple cider and I ordered a veggie juice.

IMG_0432 IMG_0434

Mid-drink I realized there was a celebrity sitting outside the restaurant! It’s Liev Schreiber from X-men & other films. He was on his cell phone for a good 30 mins or so.

IMG_0433

We actually had no idea what his name was so we sent the pic to a friend who quickly identified him for us. :)

I read that his mom raised him a vegetarian, so maybe he had been dining in the restaurant?

To start, we shared the Agrarian Salgado made up of baked rounds of mashed Yukon Gold potatoes and herbed seitan with a parsley-almond pesto centre; topped with dill-tofu sour cream & garnished with piquant marinated kale.

IMG_0435

Oh my word this was fantastic!!! One of our fav dishes of the entire trip! It tasted just like a croquette, but only better. The dill sauce was outstanding too.

IMG_0437

We also got some sourdough on the side with onion butter.

IMG_0438

For Eric’s main, he ordered one of the specials- “Tales of the Onion” made up with savoury quinoa-vegetable croquettes with b’nut squash, carrots, celery, and chopped parsley; crowned with tarragon cream and served over green split pea sauce. It also came with broccoli and roasted turnips garnished with tatsoi and radicchio.

IMG_0441

He raved about this dish…as did I. The croquettes were really flavourful and crispy and the sauces went lovely with the dish.

I ordered off the special menu too- the “A-meze-ing Stories” which is a Mediterranean meze plate featuring an assortment of vegetables including grilled portobello and button mushrooms red & green peppers, onions and carrots served with a creamy white-bean basil pate, baked garlic chips, and a spelt-berry salad tossed with a hazelnut kalamata olive-caper pesto.  With Brussels sprouts and arugula too. That was a mouthful!!

IMG_0444

It was also incredible. I thought the hazelnut olive caper pesto was a really fun idea for a pesto. Normally, I’m not a big olive fan, but I really enjoyed it.

IMG_0446

Wait, I just remembered I had more with my meal! A side of sea vegetables and quinoa. :)

IMG_0443

With “no room left for dessert”, we each enjoyed some tea before heading out to explore the rest of the afternoon.

However, SOMEHOW we ended up stuffing our faces with vegan baked goods not long after!! I really have no idea how this happened…

Hello Babycakes!

IMG_0329

This was our second stop into Babycakes.

It’s a little hole in the wall down some random side street…it took us a while to find it! The interior is really cute, but they have a sign saying no pictures.

IMG_0330

I’ve heard great things about the Babycakes’ apple toastie bread as well as the doughnuts, so I picked up an Apple Cranberry Toastie, pumpkin cupcake, and a chocolate crunch doughnut.

IMG_0331

Apple cran toastie:

IMG_0333

They were all delicious. I think my fav was the toastie bread and Eric’s was the doughnut. Very fresh and sweet, but not overly so. We shared the doughnut and then saved the rest for later…

IMG_0348

I also had something else on my list to try from Atlas Cafe in East Village. This is such a fun cafe with a HUGE menu written all over the walls in chalk.

IMG_0346

Then, somehow this happened…

IMG_0477 IMG_0469IMG_0468 IMG_0476

We shared a pumpkin cupcake from Babycakes and a Peanut Butter BOMB Brownie (added to clarify about the brownie: by Vegan Treats) as found in Atlas Cafe.

OMG….that brownie!!!!! Check it out.

IMG_0472

Here is a better picture of it:

pbbomb

[source]

It’s made up of a thin and dense brownie base topped with a cloud-like peanut butter mousse, a chocolate shell, and a peanut butter drizzle. Heaven.

This brownie is on my must make list. It was one of the best things we tasted on the trip, hands down.Eric doesn’t even like peanut butter and he could not stop gushing over this brownie. If you are near Atlas Cafe anytime soon you gotta order a PB bomb brownie as soon as possible. You won’t regret it!

We ended the trip with a great meal at Pure Food & Wine, followed by a stop at a bar on the way home. It was a great finish to the trip.

For just 3 days, I think we really packed in a lot! Literally. ;)

Has anyone seen my elastic waist pants?

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 4, 2011 at 11:52 am

All this food looks amazing. Not a single thing in this post I’m not drooling over! I really need to get to some of these places next time I’m in the city. Glad you had such a great trip!

Andrea December 4, 2011 at 12:06 pm

The BOMB brownie is from Vegan Treats bakery in Bethlehem, PA. Atlas doesn’t make their desserts. They order them from Vegan Treats.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 4, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Thanks for clarifying, I’ve added that into the post.

Sylvia O'Neill December 5, 2011 at 5:45 am

oooh those do look good:)

Kit-Kat December 4, 2011 at 12:11 pm

You must have a very high metabolism! Don’t fret about elastic pants, my dear, you’ll be fine! It’s only a vacation, and you will be back to your work-out routines and regular cooked meals. I have to remind myself of this every time I go on a trip with my family somewhere (like my very go-out-to-eat grandparents in LA).
Looks like you had heaps of fun! I want to go to NYC someday, and check out Baby Cakes! I’ll take lots of donuts!!! :-)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 4, 2011 at 3:17 pm

yea I dont worry much on vacation…it’s a once and a while indulgence. We were also walking for literally hours and hours a day so we were constantly hungry every few hours.

Mai December 4, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Such beautiful pictures! NYC is definitely on my must visit places.

Lexi December 4, 2011 at 12:19 pm

babycakes sounds amazing!! A Gluten free friend of mine has their cookbook too. …also, i love Liev Shrieber!!! such a fan!!! He’s also married to Naomi WAtts if i am not mistaken..??? One more thing, I have smoked paprika by McCormick’s..u can TOTALLY get it!!! ( i think i got it at Longo’s here in Ontario) have a safe trip home!

Shannon December 4, 2011 at 12:19 pm

That looks so delicious. I love peanut butter brownies. This is making me want to go back to NY again sooner than I had intended.

Ashley December 4, 2011 at 12:20 pm

All of your eats look INSANE!!!!!! The Union Square market is amazing!! I just love NYC. :) I would have been all over the $.99 flatware sale! What a fun trip!

Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon December 4, 2011 at 12:25 pm

That kitchen store looks AWESOME! I’ll be in NYC in a few weeks–definitely want to stop by there!

hippierunner December 4, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Everything looks so amazing! I’ve never seen that donut before at my local Babycakes, I love texture so that looks sooo good!!! Glad you had a nice trip!

Moni'sMeals December 4, 2011 at 12:31 pm

You sure lived it up Ang! That is all that counts…Well done. :) thanks for sharing your trip with us, I want to go NOW!

Your eats were amazing and Now that dessert…..that is what it is all about, the lil moments that you will not forget! (Remember Eric that time in NY when I got so many blisters and then we ate those desserts!)

Katie December 4, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I feel so sheltered :( LOL I have loved every NYC day blog you have written. I truly felt like I was there minus the delish food and naked cowboys!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga December 4, 2011 at 12:33 pm

You packed a TON into 3 days….wow!

That last brownie…worth the trip right there.

“t tasted just like a croquette, but only better. The dill sauce was outstanding too.” – that’s not even something I’d normally gravitate toward but it looks so good!

And Fish Eddy’s…could spend a fortune on cute dishes.

FUN trip!

Carolina December 4, 2011 at 12:34 pm

oh I am so jealous!!!! Montreal has good options but not like that!!! wow… :)

Brittany @ Runwithbritt December 4, 2011 at 12:36 pm

What a wonderful vacation! I’ve been wanting to go to NYC so badly! Maybe one day for New Years Eve, that would be my ultimate dream. Haha. :)

Lizz @ Leading the Good Life December 4, 2011 at 12:37 pm

AHHHHHHHHH!!! Atlas is my FAVORITE! I went to NYU, so it was always just around the corner. I’m afraid to think about how many of those brownies (as well as the peanut butter bomb CAKE) I have eaten in my day. SO SO good!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 4, 2011 at 1:19 pm

haha that’s amazing! I’m glad that you enjoyed them too!

Deborah December 4, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Wow! Everything looks amazing and delicious! I buy smoked paprika at European markets in Mississauga and they even have it at Winners! :-)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 4, 2011 at 1:23 pm

good to know, thanks!

Elise December 4, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Glad you enjoyed some of my favorite places in the city! Just want to make sure you know the peanut butter bomb brownie (and cake, and many others at atlas) are from the holy mecca that is Vegan Treats in Bethlehem, PA :) Just want to give Danielle credit because that woman is truly amazeballs.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 4, 2011 at 1:21 pm

oh I didn’t know that Elise…I’ll add that in :) Tks!

LizAshlee December 4, 2011 at 12:46 pm

With all the wonderful photos, I would have guessed you would have been there much longer! Yoga pants…all the way! That last dessert picture and description made my mouth water…oh my!!! :)

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 4, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Fish’s Eddy I need to go to. I am such a sucker for themed kitchenware. Slash Ugly Dolls are such a throwback to middle school — I haven’t seen one in forever! Haha.

Robin December 4, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Love reading this! I am a NYCer (from the east village), so it’s cool to see a tourist at all my local spots :) Angelica Kitchen is amazing! Also, (not so) fun fact, Atlas Cafe was closed by the sanitation department… apparently they had mice and stuff. HOWEVER you will be happy to know that they get their sweet treats from elsewhere (as Elise said above), so you are safe =p
You really hit all the best places, going to the farmer’s market & Fish’s Eddy too. Glad you had such a great trip!

Becca December 4, 2011 at 12:55 pm

…but think of how active you were during the trip! It may seem like you gorged, but you guys were non-stop with moving. It’ll all balance out in the end. I ate my face off during my last city-exploring trip, but I needed to; I needed to keep feeding to keep-up with all of the burning!

Thanks for sharing your trip. Hope you’ll include a post about the Pure restaurant too.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 4, 2011 at 1:20 pm

haha yea Im not worried about it :)

Jeanine (The Blue Sash) December 4, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Glad you were able to sample a goodie made by Vegan Treats (as Elise mentioned) while at Atlas Cafe. I’m lucky enough to live fairly close to Vegan Treats or as I like to call it, the best vegan bakery on the planet! If your future travels ever take you to Bethlehem, PA, be sure to stop in. :-)

Amanda December 4, 2011 at 1:03 pm

What an awesome end to your trip! That’s pretty much my ideal visit to NYC – lots of walking and sightseeing, alternated with lots of eating! :) There are just so many amazing vegan options there.

I am going to seek out that peanut butter brownie the next time I visit. It looks insanely delicious.

Amber K December 4, 2011 at 1:18 pm

All of that food looks amazing! Seriously, where can I get some of that? Oh yeah, in NYC!

sarah @ climbinvegan December 4, 2011 at 1:20 pm

You were totally in my neighborhood! I live a block away from Angelica’s (yum!), and am a regular at the union square market.

glad you had a blast- everything looks delicious. I’m guilty to say I’ve never had the brownie from Atlas- but the tofu vegan soft serve is mouth watering… so delicious :)

Jessi @ Quirky Cookery December 4, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Oh my god, that brownie looks so incredible! I really hope you’re able to recreate it and share it with us.

Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles December 4, 2011 at 1:36 pm

The brownie looks awesome! Actually, the decked out chocolate crunch doughnut from Babycakes caught my eye, too! Such a yummy finish to your NY trip!

hannah alehandra December 4, 2011 at 2:04 pm

OMG the brownie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gimmeee.x

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots December 4, 2011 at 2:08 pm

ahh I cannot believe you saw liev schrieber!! I work in the city and I never see anyone famous!! My friend from Germany was here last weekend and we went to union market and got one of those waffles, soo stinking good, I hope you tried one!

Rachel December 4, 2011 at 2:16 pm

My husband went to NYC on a student trip 4 1/2 years ago. He went to a play with Liev Schreiber, and his actor-friend made him wait outside one of the doors and they got to meet Mr. Schrieber! My hubby was so excited about that :) I knew the actor b/c he was in Kate & Leopold.

Looks like you had a fun trip! I went to NYC for Thanksgiving last year, and it was definitely chilly!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 4, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Oh that’s fun! :)

Lauren December 4, 2011 at 2:22 pm

There is a vegan bakery by me (well, a good drive but it LOOKS worth it).. That sells peanut butter BOMB brownies and they look.so.good.

I’m glad you’re having a “bomb” time in NYC. ;-)
I’m so cheesy haha!
Have a safe trip home!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 4, 2011 at 3:10 pm

heh they must be a popular item in the bakeries! I cant wait to try to make one.

Lauren (Maillard'sMistress) December 4, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Have you ever read Peter Berley’s Modern Vegetarian Kitchen? He was the chef at Angelica Kitchen for several years and his recipes are phenomenal!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 4, 2011 at 3:15 pm

No I haven’t, but I should check that out! I was really impressed.

Tara December 4, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Please please please recreate that peanut butter bomb brownie! haha WOW! Looks absolutely amazing :) That being said, I know your list is quite long with new recipes ;)

bitt of raw December 4, 2011 at 2:40 pm

it was probably worth it that you ate the babycakes on the day you got them. they need to come with a disclaimer that they do NOT taste nearly as good on the second day. was the donut good? i had one at a different babycakes and was disappointed as it was dry. looks like a fun trip!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 4, 2011 at 3:09 pm

The doughnut was really fresh, we enjoyed it…although very cake like.

Amelia December 4, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Everything looks sooooooo delicious. I’m happy you enjoyed your trip; have safe travels back! Looking forward to some of those recreation posts. :)

Lisa (bakebikeblog) December 4, 2011 at 3:21 pm

what a delicious end to a great trip!

Kath December 4, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I would like to go in that kitchen store with $.99 flatware!

Char @ www.charskitchen.ca December 4, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Omg I want that peanut butter brownie bomb!! And soooo jealous that you went to Babycakes!

So cool that you saw Liev Schreiber! Glad you enjoyed your trip to NY :) Looks like everything was a ton of fun!

Megan @foodiecycles December 4, 2011 at 3:46 pm

wow- everything looks so cute and not so NYC like. I would never guess that was NYC. that little kitchen shop is so awesome!! Precisely why I always pack light in a bit of a larger suitcase.. for treasures like that ;)

[email protected] KatieDid December 4, 2011 at 3:54 pm

crazy dish lady in a crazy dish store! Recipe for a really good time haha. Those dessertsssss omg, worth the trip alone.

Kaila @healthyhelperblog! December 4, 2011 at 3:54 pm

WOW WOW WOW! All that food looks INCREDIBLE! I love all the veg restaurants NYC has to offer! They are such quality establishments!!!!!!

Jessie Allard December 4, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I’m so jealous. I live in BFE South Dakota. NO farmer’s markets, NO organic foods; you say “vegan” or “vegetarian” and the ranchers just laugh in your face. :(

Bailey December 4, 2011 at 4:24 pm

The food you guys are eating looks absolutely amazing… Hope they’re going to provide lots of inspiration for recipes to come :)

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes December 4, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Thanks for sharing all these pictures, it was like a little vacation. Somehow I foresee a lot of green monsters in your future :)

Tricia December 4, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Very much enjoyed the NYC blogs. Last day reminds me of our annual trip. I try to get to Union Square market, which is great. Last time, we sought out Angelica’s for the first time with non-veg friends who loved it, as did we. We bought the cook book. The agrarian salgado looks fab. Don’t think it’s in the cookbook, which is out on loan right now. Can’t wait for you to devise and post the recipe when you’ve had a chance to recover. Le Pain Quotidienne is a fave and we squeeze that in at the end and stock up with good breads to take home. We are foodies but we also manage to pack in a gallery or two. BTW, just discovered that smoked paprika is a great addition to sweet potatoes. I made sweet potato “latkes” yesterday and used that as a seasoning – with a few other things. Thanks for blogging and recipes.

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous December 4, 2011 at 4:45 pm

That Market looks so neat! I wish the Charleston market was that nice!

Jen December 4, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Sounds (and looks) like you had an awesome trip! I’m dying to go to NYC and try Babycakes. :)

Jen December 4, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Ohmygosh, those desserts look incredible! And I love all the shots from the market – so different from how we do things here in Ontario! Your photo recaps are making me think I really, really need to pay a visit to my bestie who relocated to NYC very soon!

Hannah December 4, 2011 at 5:31 pm

All this food sounds so delicious! I went to Angelica’s this summer and had a great meal, though the cornbread I had was really strange…What was the name of the business who sold the signs “be yourself”, etc, at Union Square? I wonder if they have a website – I would love to buy those!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes December 4, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Woah! Celeb sightings! Hahah how cool! :D

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 4, 2011 at 6:41 pm

That looks like the farmer’s market of my dreams! It seems like big cities always have such a great assortment of vendors. I wish my market had a stall full of spices like that!

Both of your lunches look incredible – so unique and creative!

Carley December 4, 2011 at 6:46 pm

OH my heavens! That brownie. Please share this recipe when you conquer!

JL goes Vegan December 4, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Not sure if you know that the famous John’s is right next door to Angelica Kitchen — Old school Italian joint that recently introduced an entire vegan menu in addition to the standard fare. Liev might have been there :)

It was fun to see my city through your eyes! Glad you had fun!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 4, 2011 at 8:13 pm

I hope you got the mint chocolate chip sundae from Pure FOod and Wine – I still dream about that $14 sundae – and the mojito. Oh lord. I want to go back.

And PS – I loved Babycakes. Their GF cupcakes were to die for!!

RachelSD December 4, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Wow Angela, your whole trip looked wonderful, but the last day looked extra yummy! It’s funny that your photos look like mine from a recent trip to France…. walk and then stop to eat… walk and then stop to eat! So glad you had a good time!

Christine @ The Brighter Side of Life December 4, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Wow, how on earth did you narrow down what to see (and eat!)? What eye candy!! And peanut butter brownie bomb notwithstanding (looks soooo good), it’s also great to have a good cup of mulled apple cider! I can’t stand when places offer the powdered stuff.

jeanine December 4, 2011 at 8:49 pm

It looks like you had a lot of fun in NYC! In case you run out of the paprika, the Whole Foods in my area has tons of kinds of paprika (I managed to find sweet, hot and smoked). Perhaps there is one near you that also has them (they come in red tins).

Love Atlas cafe!

Lynna @wholeytreats December 4, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Wow, Angela, what an amazing day! I live in Brooklyn and you guys definitely hit some of my favorite places. I can’t believe you fit all that stuff into one day! Also, I used to work as a baker for Body & Soul Bakery. It made my night to see a picture of it on your blog. Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves so much.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 5, 2011 at 9:33 am

Oh that’s cool! I didnt get to try anything as I was full, but how I wish I had! It looked wonderful :)

Katie December 4, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Well I don’t know about you, but this was definitely MY favorite day of your trip!! ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 5, 2011 at 9:32 am

heh :) Yes I did love it!

Maria December 5, 2011 at 12:41 am

I love, love, love New York City. Your pictures look delicious!!

carri December 5, 2011 at 2:06 am

feels like we were
on the trip with you!
what a fun trip.
i heart NY.
AND
i LOOOOOOve me some babycakes.
we have one (almost 2) in LA.
next time you MUST
get the choc. chip cookie sandwich.
insanity of amazingness.

ps. totally random,
but is there a way you could
make the external links
open in a new window?
i always click on your links
but it takes me away
from your site, bablhblha…

anyhoo…big LOVE for your BLOG!

Katie December 5, 2011 at 4:20 am

Yum! I love the chocolate and peanut butter combo. Anything with the two together is a must have in my books!

Passerby December 5, 2011 at 4:46 am

I just wanna say your trip looks so amazing and I like your blog a lot simply because you never fail to send positive messages to all your readers out there about how maintaining a healthy lifestyle also means indulging once in a while and eating should never be something to fret or worry about as long as in moderation.

I’d love to read more about you blogging how you overcome eating disorder though, if that’s okay. You speak our hearts out so well.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 5, 2011 at 9:35 am

Thank you for your feedback!

I’ve written about my recovery quite a bit over the years, but this post in particular comes to mind: http://ohsheglows.com/2010/01/17/5-things-that-helped-me-beat-the-obsession/

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 5, 2011 at 7:25 am

Ahhh, I’m disappointed you have to leave, I love all the pictures and I so want to get some of those kitchen bowls. Have a great day!

Melinda December 5, 2011 at 8:08 am

Great day! You hit up 3 of my faves- the market, Angelica Kitchen and Babycakes. My aunt lives in NYC and on visits those are some of the places we must go to. If you are ever back in NYC and need vegan suggestions, let me know. My aunt and sister have scoped them all out.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 5, 2011 at 8:24 am

Wow, wow, WOW! I don’t think I would have been able to control myself in Fish Eddie! Definitely going to check out their website to see if they ship to Canada. :) I’ve loved every single one of these NYC posts Ange. Beautiful photos!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh December 5, 2011 at 8:49 am

Wow only 3 days and saw all of that! You must be an itinerary girl like me! I love to maximize everything you see in a new place. I have added the bakery to my folder because I must have that brownie! I would’ve seen Liev and exclaimed “look, it’s Cotton Weary!”

Anne M December 5, 2011 at 9:04 am

Loved reading all about your NYC adventures, Angela (and left the screen each time with a growling stomach!)
Thanks for the great “reporting”!

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove December 5, 2011 at 9:05 am

I love Atlas Cafe (although I go to Little Atlas which is a tiny branch of theirs). I LOVE getting treats from there – my favorite is their chocolate whoopie pies. They’re out of this world!!

Hayley @ Oat Couture December 5, 2011 at 9:48 am

Gahhh I NEED to go back to NYC!! Love this post and everything in it!!! :)

jenna December 5, 2011 at 10:17 am

are you kidding me??? these desserts look to die for!! i’m dying to get to nyc just for these desserts now! lol what an awesome time you all had!!

Callie @ Callieflower Kitchen December 5, 2011 at 10:52 am

Looks like you guys are having a fun trip! Babycakes was one of my favourite cupcake places in NYC, even including the non-vegan ones.

Also, they sell smoked paprika at Loblaws in the spice aisle, just FYI :)

VeggieGirl December 5, 2011 at 11:14 am

love the spice photo, reminds me of India

Cortnie December 5, 2011 at 1:05 pm

One of my favorite things about traveling is EATING! You guys know how to live it up. ;)

xo
cortnie

[email protected] December 5, 2011 at 1:56 pm

What a fantastic trip, and that brownie looks absolutely phenomenal. The boyfriend has family in NYC and he just suggested we plan a trip! I bet he’d be down with trying that brownie :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) December 5, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Fish’s Eddy is SUCH a cool store!!! LOVE that place, but spent waaaaaay too much money there! That is very cool that you saw a celebrity!!

Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted December 5, 2011 at 11:25 pm

I live by Vegan Treats! I’m not vegan but we still stop there sometimes! So decadent and yummy looking!

Andrea December 6, 2011 at 5:28 pm

I was there a couple of weeks before you and looove the Union Square market. I can’t resist a farmers’ market anywhere. They feel like home.

I was supposed to go to Angelica Kitchen but plans changed. It’s on my list for next time. My friend said that he’d spotted Katie Holmes there the day before, so it seems to be popular among people who work in show business – though I’m not sure that two celebrities is enough to prove that theory.

I had the Babycakes apple cranberry toastie too, though now I realized that I misidentified it in my own blog entry.

The Healthy Apple December 6, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Wish I knew you were here in NYC; would have loved to see you! So glad you had a fun time. Happy Holidays!

Alex December 7, 2011 at 10:58 am

I live on the same block as Angelica’s. It’s my favorite!!! I’m glad you got to experience it :)

emma December 22, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Nicky and I packed in a lot too….Babycakes was AMAZING!!!