No-Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

IMG_3899-2

Every Halloween I have grand plans to make “scary” Halloween food.

This year, I have my eye on:

mka101544_fal05_brain_cup_xl2034_recipe_02_xl

I’m all over the scary food right now.

[P.S. – Kitty litter cake? Really? I might barf. times ten.]

Anyway, I dream about all the scary food I’ll make and then it occurs to me that I really just want chocolate in mass quantities.

I don’t care if it scares me, in fact, I doubt chocolate could. Well, unless it’s shaped like poo or even worse, in a litter box. That’s pretty scary. The same goes for Eric playing Christmas music a week before Halloween.

Sigh.

IMG_3940 IMG_3968

Give me luxurious chocolate, Green Monster shots, “scary” Dollarstore decorations,  and a couple easy, no-bake recipes?

IMG_3850

I can do that.

IMG_3926

IMG_3863

Man, I love this pudding. This is an example of avocado in a dessert that works!

See, scary?

IMG_3936

Oh my what nice eyes you have…

And because I’m all about balance, something GREEN!

A Green Monster on Halloween, how appropriate.

IMG_3956

[Please avoid the glaring obvious that these look like Christmas shots instead of Halloween. I blame Eric playing Christmas music.]

Mini Green Monster Shots

Made extra sweet for Halloween!

Yield: ~2.5 cups

Ingredients:

• 3 frozen bananas (peel before freezing)
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1-2 cups spinach
  • chia seeds, if desired
  • ice, if desired

1. Chill shot glasses in freezer. Throw ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Rim with sugar (as explained above) and fill with green monster smoothie.

IMG_3952

Get this. I chilled the shot glasses in the freezer beforehand. DO IT!

IMG_3968

Get what else. I discovered I could make my own coloured sugar.

IMG_3977

All you do is add food colouring drops to the sugar and mix well until combined. Instant coloured sugar! How did I not know this?

This is supposed to be orange, but clearly the colour wheel is not my forte.

IMG_3979

Dip the glass in water and twist around the sugar mixture until evenly coated. Or something.

This would be fun for kids!

IMG_3980

You know what kids would love even more?

Drinking something called a Green Monster, made extra sweet just for Halloween.

IMG_3963

Yup, I totally slammed 5 shots in a row after this photoshoot. Hard core, I know.

So there you have it, two no-bake vegan Halloween recipes that won’t take up too much of your time.

Now you can plan that costume you’ve put off all week, or maybe that’s just me.

Help?

IMG_3975

Bottoms up!

~~~

winnercookbookSorry for the major delay, but the winner of the cookbook giveaway is #642- Katie L. Congrats! Katie wrote, “Hey Angela!! I love your recipes, I make them on a weekly basis (this week I made pumpkin pie brownies and pumpkin gingerbread)! This book looks great! Thanks for showing me how to make great vegan food!”

Thanks for participating!

1 Molly@ This Life Is Sparkling October 26, 2011

That pudding looks fabulous! It almost looks like chocolate frosting! I will have to make it sometime:)

2 Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) October 26, 2011

I love these ideas! I’m with you though…no chocolate pudding that looks like poop! I’ve done the brain cupcakes a long time ago. I’ve also made shortbread cookies that look like lady fingers with almonds for the nails. That was fun. I love this season, but I’m more of a fan of the fun stuff…not the scary or gross stuff!

3 Sweet and Savvy October 26, 2011

These are awesome ideas! :) Definitely need to check into those links and make some of that awesome pudding!

4 jenna October 26, 2011

Cute post, Angela. We’ve already had enough pumpkin by now anyways; I started that phase around the last week of August :) I like to have a hot drink when handing out candy. Something like hot apple cider with spiced rum. I had protein powder this morning thanks to yesterday’s post. Keep them up – we love you!

PS – What’s Sketchie being for Halloween? My cat, Miss Nizza, is asking to be a lion. I’ll do what I can…

5 kelsey @ living the gluten free life October 26, 2011

Love those shot glasses! The pudding looks absolutely delicious and the green monster ones are such a good idea!

6 Christina @ The Athletarian October 26, 2011

This looks amazing! I will most definitely be trying that pudding! And not just for Halloween… ;)

7 kaila@ healthy helper blog! October 26, 2011

LOVE ALL THESE IDEAS! I love holiday themed treats! The little shot glasses are such a good idea!

8 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 26, 2011

That has been my smoothie go-to lately! I also add a bit of vanilla and almond extract – it makes it taste dough-like.

Even pics of stuffed roaches make me shudder! LOL!

9 Kate October 26, 2011

I have got to try that pudding it looks amazing!

10 Alexis @ hummusapien October 26, 2011

You are SO adorable!!! My roommate was just talking about having a halloween party where we all bake something…no bake sounds perf :)

11 Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 26, 2011

how awesome! these would be great at christnmas too owing to their colours!

12 Angela @ PattycakesnPancakes October 26, 2011

I just love Halloween and these ideas are way too cute. I wish I could host a party to shoe them off. Love it!!!

13 Ashley October 26, 2011

Ahhh, such cute party ideas!!! I want to DIVE into that bowl of pudding. It looks luscious!!! mmmm

14 XtineBeanie @ CleanLiving / DirtyWorld October 26, 2011

Wow, I can’t even believe that’s a bowl of pudding! It looks like the creamiest, richest bowl of chocolate I’ve ever seen! Thanks for sharing, this was a really fun post!

15 jamie @ jamelafamela October 26, 2011

omg genius! food coloring on sugar! how did i never think of that!?

16 Char @ www.charskitchen.ca October 26, 2011

love this post!! I was getting intimidated by all of the creativity that’s happening for Halloween in blog world, and I’m not sure I have the time this year (read: patience) for it. No bake? No bake I can do :) Happy Halloween, Angela!

17 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 26, 2011

All those desserts look so fun. Love the creativity everyone has. I wish some of it would rub off on me. lol

Love your green monster shots. You forgot the rum though :)

18 Zestful Lou October 26, 2011

Cute! Love the Green Monster shots!

19 Julie - StressStories October 27, 2011

It’s been far too long since I had that chocolate pudding – I’m actually contemplating having it for breakfast :-D They look great! (And I’m with Eric on he Christmas music although this year I’m still restraining myself. Hopefully I’ll make it to November 1st)

Wish we had Halloween in Denmark, I love all of your Autumn holidays, so fun. And great opportunities to try out new food!

20 Ella, RD October 27, 2011

Adorable idea with the shots! But… could you seriously put booze in them? I wonder what would work…

21 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

I like the way you think. Let me know if you try something out!

22 Emmy (Wine and Butter) October 27, 2011

I LOVE how detailed your posts are!! The chocolate pudding also looks totally amazing. I used to be obsessed with these soy chocolate desserts that were super sweet – but also super processed, and when I cut out soy I had to give them up. This looks like an amazing alternative. I also love melting together dark chocolate and coconut oil (sooooooo good), but thats more of a tsp full at a time thing, than a humungous massive serving!!

23 Kristin @ STUFT Mama October 27, 2011

Love this idea! YOu are so creative!
PS- I just might have to try that kitty litter cake. That is too much! Only after I try this pudding idea though. :)

24 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

haha I know it’s hard to resist ;)

25 Christie@abrilliantblue October 27, 2011

I thought I was all prepared for my Halloween pary at Kindergarten tomorrow but NO! Turns out after reading this I HAVE to make the Green Monster Sugar Rimmed shots with the children tomorrow! I’ll be picking up a bag of spinach, some bananas which cost $10 a kilo here after last summer’s Cyclone, and my kids will be in Halloween Heaven! Thanks Angela!

26 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

haha what a great teacher you are! Enjoy :)

27 coffeeaddict October 27, 2011

Yikes, that kitty litter cake was a bit too much! But the green monster shots are cute in the most scary way of course :-P

28 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes October 27, 2011

So mush deliciousness!

29 Sara October 27, 2011

Fun! I’d probably try to take shots of that pudding and have it smack me in the face :)

30 Tessa @ Amazing Asset October 27, 2011

What a fun post! Thank you for sharing all of these wonderful ideas Angela :)

31 Rebecca October 27, 2011

That first picture of the pudding had me head over heels in love. Why have I not made it before? I must get my hands on an avocado! :)

32 Katrina October 27, 2011

This is crazy creative! Love it!

33 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers October 27, 2011

Thanks Angela! I have a work Halloween Party and these recipes will go great! I guess Sunday Night will be Halloween food making day!!

34 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin October 27, 2011

That pudding looks so good! Is there such thing as vegan whipped cream? Because that would taste awesome on top of it. :D

35 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

You can make whipped cream by beating super chilled full fat coconut milk :)

36 Heather October 27, 2011

This pudding is also on my to-do list. It’s easy peasy yet so brilliant. I love adding avocado to dessert.

P.S. – I was eating breakfast when I read the beginning of this post. Suddenly, I’ve lost my appetite. Haha.

37 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

doh!!!

38 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 27, 2011

These are so cute! I’ve got my eyes set on some scary/cute Halloween recipes too…. can’t say kitty litter cake is on that list though haha! I say you and I spend this Halloween pounding back Green Monster shots. ;)

39 Lauren @ What Lauren Likes October 27, 2011

Yum! Haha I always want to make scary treats but I never get the chance! The pudding cups are so cute…and scary-ish :)

40 The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh October 27, 2011

Mmm, these look so good. Give the hubs a high five for me, I’ve been listening to Christmas music since June and that was after stop listening to it in March. Ask me if I have the most patient hubby ever? HA!

41 Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count October 27, 2011

I Love all of your ideas and that chocolate pudding looks too good to be in the same room with it! Love Sir Thinks A Lot!!

42 Misty October 27, 2011

Baahahaha, loved this entry, super cute!!

43 Amanda October 27, 2011

I made your vegan pudding back when you initially posted it and it was fantastic! My husband had no idea there was avocado in there until I told him. He was impressed! :)

And that kitty litter cake? That might be the most disgusting thing I’ve seen in a long time. And that’s saying a lot since it’s been a Walking Dead marathon in my house recently. Gross!!

44 Lindsey October 27, 2011

Might try using yellow coloring and then adding a tiny bit of red to make an orange.

I made your chocolate cupcakes with butter cream frosting. DIVINE!! I couldn’t keep them in the house…sent them to work with the hubby and gave some to both my neighbors…they even called me to ask if i had more!! and they didn’t even know they are VEGAN!! ahahahhhahahahahah……( not a good evil laugh I know.. I’m working on it…)

I receive many many compliments when I make your recipes…and I let everyone know where they came from. You have a gift.

45 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

Thanks Lindsey, that’s great to hear! :)

Yes my problem with the pinkish colouring was that I started with the red and not the yellow! Next time ;)

46 Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 27, 2011

I love those shots for Christmas too! I made your pudding and added bourbon-so good! I just added a teeny bit of agar to keep it thick and smooth. It was sinful.

47 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

Oh bourbon is such a good idea, I’ll have to try that as I have some to use up!

48 Kinley October 27, 2011

Now those are shots that I would consider taking!!

49 Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner October 27, 2011

oh.my.goodness…. that big bowl of chocolate pudding looks divine!!! SO GOOD!!

50 Cait's Plate October 27, 2011

LOVED this post! You just got me SO excited for Halloween!!

51 Alex @ Raw Recovery October 27, 2011

I looove these ideas! I might be going to a finger food potluck Halloween party on Friday and I wanted to bring something vegan! Keep these recipes coming! The brain cupcakes are absolutely adorable.

52 Beth October 27, 2011

Your pudding & decorated shot glasses are inspiring me to whip something up. The Kitty Litter Cake on the other hand had me turning away and thinking “ewwwww”.
Pumpkin Poop (http://kitchenfrau.blogspot.com/2011/10/healthy-fudge-with-wicked-alias.html) on the other hand doesn’t seem so bad – probably because I know that pumpkins don’t really poop.

53 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

haha pumpkin poop!

54 Beks October 27, 2011

WHY did I go to the link for the kitty litter cake? Ugh! Better question: WHY would ANYONE MAKE such a thing?!

Your monster shots are awesome, though. I love green monsters. need to get stuff to make more. It’s amazing how low I feel when I’m not drinking them regularly. I guess they’re just awesome that way. :-)

55 Alix October 27, 2011

Yum, really cute ideas! I love spinach smoothies–they’re really good with coconut water instead of milk, too. Also I’m glad to hear that someone else is getting excited about Christmas music…

56 Lizz @ Leading the Good Life October 27, 2011

oh my goodness, i could never eat the cockroaches or kitty litter cake! ew!!

57 Erica @ Cupcakes and Coffee Breaks October 27, 2011

I love those brain cupcakes, so cute! I decided to make the easiest halloween treats ever this week and just add mint extract and green colouring to a regular chocolate chip cookie recipe… green cookies, yum!
I also have to agree that the kitty little cake is just too much for me…

58 Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove October 27, 2011

That pudding looks AMAZING. I am super jealous. I’ll have to make some myself.

59 maggie October 27, 2011

Made your pumpkin pie pudding…just had to share it with you!!! Thanks for the recipe again :)

Maggie

60 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

Glad you enjoyed it! Beautiful pictures too :)

61 ellen October 27, 2011

what a fun post!

62 Moni'sMeals October 27, 2011

You are seriously AMAZING. This is so creative and fun. it is spoooootacular! (sorry Cheesy me I know!)

Now can I have the BOWL of pudding please??

63 Carolyn @ HealthKitten.com October 27, 2011

As a cat owner, kitty litter cake is SCARY!! :-D

Regarding making the green smoothie shots into a cocktail…I would think vodka would be the least overpowering, flavor wise. Alternatively – and would definitely need some experimentation to flush out – but I think a spiced rum or an expensive gin could work too. Just don’t get cheap gin…it’s like drinking a Christmas tree!

Now that pudding…you could crumble a cookie on top of it to make it look like dirt! I can see it now: serving your guests dirt and ground up shrubbery (green smoothie)! Sounds like a good time! ;)

64 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

I love your creativity!

65 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers October 27, 2011

Too cute! Much healthier than jello shots. ;)

66 sarah@spinach and spice October 27, 2011

Very cute ideas! Those brain cupcakes look so real, haha checking the links out now!

67 Becky October 27, 2011

Wow, brilliant! This may be the only day of year (besides maybe St. Patrick’s Day?) that I could trick my friends into willingly drinking Green Monsters! Halloween is quickly becoming the healthiest day of the year…

68 Ellie@fitforthesoul October 27, 2011

woww you’ve really outdone yourself Angela! haha I love those green shots, they’re so cute. And I think that eyeball idea is so funny–I hope you really do make those. :D

69 Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City October 27, 2011

wow i love all of these!! i clicked on the recipe for stuffed roaches and saw the roach puree recipe -uck!!! even knowing what is in it i could never eat it!! thanks for sharing :)

70 Antonia October 27, 2011

Everything looks amazing. Especially the bowl of chocolate pudding. I’m going to try it very soon.

71 Tatomme @ Fresh Potater October 27, 2011

You read my mind…As I was waiting for your site to load I was thinking “Hmmm, I really hope she has some halloween treat ideas!!!” And then there it was. I can’t wait to experiment with these.

72 Heather @ Bake, Run, Live October 27, 2011

Ha! I’ve made a kitty litter cake before! So gross looking, but so much fun. Never knew tootsie rolls could be so gross :)

73 Ellen Clifford October 27, 2011

I’m such a lightweight I can’t do alcoholic shots, but it would be so fun to slam down a shake. Any chance to feel like a badass…:)

74 Judy October 27, 2011

Love the green smoothie shooters – great idea for the coloured rims too.

Those apple teeth are pretty disturbing. Have you seen/made the witch finger cookies?? So creepy!

75 Anna @ The Guiltless Life October 27, 2011

So I may have made the mistake of clicking on that link you gave to Kitty Litter Cake…seriously, anyone who actually HAD cats and had to clean the litter tray every day would never think of putting that into edible form. So gross.

Thank goodness your chocolate pudding shots saved me from nausea :). They look delish!

76 laura October 27, 2011

Mmmm pudding!
I love that Eric is spreading the christmas cheer. Green/red shots could be for christmas too :) ( i know you metioned it) haha.

77 Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness October 27, 2011

I wish I could say that Eric is crazy for playing Christmas music so early, but I’m just as guilty…

78 TeenyLittleSuperChef October 27, 2011

Is that bad that I thought it said “Testicle Pot Pie?” Hmm, that would be a weird combo.
Anyway, thanks for all the awesome recipe ideas. I especially like the green monster shots. Good times :)

79 lou October 27, 2011

can you please check the recipe page for the pudding. it says 1 cup melted. melted what??

80 RachelSD October 27, 2011

Yum, your green monster shots look good AND scary! :)

81 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner October 27, 2011

I am in LOVE! :D

82 Rachel October 28, 2011

LOVE the mini green monster shots…!

83 LizAshlee October 28, 2011

Freaking adorable!! I love this post!! :)

84 Lindsey October 28, 2011

I had an Einstein moment and I want to share with you!!

I, too, have the GOL Raw protein powder, its the only vegan protein powder that I could stomach the taste, but was still having times when the texture was too chalky for me. The solution: Add one scoop to your delicious Green Monster smoothie with a few mondifications: i doubled the spinach..(but I always do that) and then add 1/2 cup cannellini beans ( I did it in place of the almond butter cause I was out of it). It does help with the chalkiness of the powder. It wont go away completely but it does help. And with the modifications it provides a whopping 35 grams or protein…more if you keep the almond butter…not bad huh?

Hope this works for you

85 Tracey October 28, 2011

Cute ideas! I think I’ll make the pudding this weekend!!

86 Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles October 28, 2011

Thanks for posting the pudding recipe. I have a craving for it with vegan brownies crumbled inside like I used to do with my Snack Pack and Little Debbie Brownies :) Happy Halloween!

87 char @ char on a mission October 28, 2011

I’m so into scary halloween treats right now too. Like how ugly are these guys, that they’re actually cute: http://www.bhg.com/halloween/recipes/17-frightfully-good-halloween-cupcakes/#page=2

Now I REALLY want to go make halloween cupcakes!!

88 SueAnn October 28, 2011

The pudding looks wonderful! I will never think of avocados the same again. Thanks for not using tofu, I’m not a tofu kind of girl myself. I took a look at the stuffed cockroaches, and anyone that can bite into one of those is more woman than me.. uggghhh.

89 Irina October 29, 2011

eewwwww the kitty litter tray cake is disgusting!!! Might be the most disgusting food I’ve ever seen.
On a more positive note, the chocolate shots look absolutely delicious. I am a bit weary of trying avocado in puddings, but that just looks so good i have to try it

90 Heli March 20, 2016

I need serious help here. Can you suggest some natural organic food coloring? I have been trying to find with no success.