No-Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

IMG 3899 2 thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

Every Halloween I have grand plans to make “scary” Halloween food.

This year, I have my eye on:

mka101544 fal05 brain cup xl thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes2034 recipe 02 xl thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

I’m all over the scary food right now.

[P.S. - Kitty litter cake? Really? I might barf. times ten.]

Anyway, I dream about all the scary food I’ll make and then it occurs to me that I really just want chocolate in mass quantities.

I don’t care if it scares me, in fact, I doubt chocolate could. Well, unless it’s shaped like poo or even worse, in a litter box. That’s pretty scary. The same goes for Eric playing Christmas music a week before Halloween.

Sigh.

IMG 3940 thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes IMG 3968 thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

Give me luxurious chocolate, Green Monster shots, “scary” Dollarstore decorations,  and a couple easy, no-bake recipes?

IMG 3850 thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

I can do that.

IMG 3926 thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

IMG 3863 thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

Man, I love this pudding. This is an example of avocado in a dessert that works!

See, scary?

IMG 3936 thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

Oh my what nice eyes you have…

And because I’m all about balance, something GREEN!

A Green Monster on Halloween, how appropriate.

IMG 3956 thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

[Please avoid the glaring obvious that these look like Christmas shots instead of Halloween. I blame Eric playing Christmas music.]

Mini Green Monster Shots

Made extra sweet for Halloween!

Yield: ~2.5 cups

Ingredients:

• 3 frozen bananas (peel before freezing)
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1-2 cups spinach
  • chia seeds, if desired
  • ice, if desired

1. Chill shot glasses in freezer. Throw ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Rim with sugar (as explained above) and fill with green monster smoothie.

IMG 3952 thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

Get this. I chilled the shot glasses in the freezer beforehand. DO IT!

IMG 3968 thumb2   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

Get what else. I discovered I could make my own coloured sugar.

IMG 3977 thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

All you do is add food colouring drops to the sugar and mix well until combined. Instant coloured sugar! How did I not know this?

This is supposed to be orange, but clearly the colour wheel is not my forte.

IMG 3979 thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

Dip the glass in water and twist around the sugar mixture until evenly coated. Or something.

This would be fun for kids!

IMG 3980 thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

You know what kids would love even more?

Drinking something called a Green Monster, made extra sweet just for Halloween.

IMG 3963 thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

Yup, I totally slammed 5 shots in a row after this photoshoot. Hard core, I know.

So there you have it, two no-bake vegan Halloween recipes that won’t take up too much of your time.

Now you can plan that costume you’ve put off all week, or maybe that’s just me.

Help?

IMG 3975 thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween Recipes

Bottoms up!

~~~

winnercookbook thumb   No Bake Vegan Halloween RecipesSorry for the major delay, but the winner of the cookbook giveaway is #642- Katie L. Congrats! Katie wrote, “Hey Angela!! I love your recipes, I make them on a weekly basis (this week I made pumpkin pie brownies and pumpkin gingerbread)! This book looks great! Thanks for showing me how to make great vegan food!”

Thanks for participating!

Molly@ This Life Is Sparkling October 26, 2011

That pudding looks fabulous! It almost looks like chocolate frosting! I will have to make it sometime:)

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) October 26, 2011

I love these ideas! I’m with you though…no chocolate pudding that looks like poop! I’ve done the brain cupcakes a long time ago. I’ve also made shortbread cookies that look like lady fingers with almonds for the nails. That was fun. I love this season, but I’m more of a fan of the fun stuff…not the scary or gross stuff!

Sweet and Savvy October 26, 2011

These are awesome ideas! :) Definitely need to check into those links and make some of that awesome pudding!

jenna October 26, 2011

Cute post, Angela. We’ve already had enough pumpkin by now anyways; I started that phase around the last week of August :) I like to have a hot drink when handing out candy. Something like hot apple cider with spiced rum. I had protein powder this morning thanks to yesterday’s post. Keep them up – we love you!

PS – What’s Sketchie being for Halloween? My cat, Miss Nizza, is asking to be a lion. I’ll do what I can…

kelsey @ living the gluten free life October 26, 2011

Love those shot glasses! The pudding looks absolutely delicious and the green monster ones are such a good idea!

Christina @ The Athletarian October 26, 2011

This looks amazing! I will most definitely be trying that pudding! And not just for Halloween… ;)

kaila@ healthy helper blog! October 26, 2011

LOVE ALL THESE IDEAS! I love holiday themed treats! The little shot glasses are such a good idea!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 26, 2011

That has been my smoothie go-to lately! I also add a bit of vanilla and almond extract – it makes it taste dough-like.

Even pics of stuffed roaches make me shudder! LOL!

Kate October 26, 2011

I have got to try that pudding it looks amazing!

Alexis @ hummusapien October 26, 2011

You are SO adorable!!! My roommate was just talking about having a halloween party where we all bake something…no bake sounds perf :)

Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 26, 2011

how awesome! these would be great at christnmas too owing to their colours!

Angela @ PattycakesnPancakes October 26, 2011

I just love Halloween and these ideas are way too cute. I wish I could host a party to shoe them off. Love it!!!

Ashley October 26, 2011

Ahhh, such cute party ideas!!! I want to DIVE into that bowl of pudding. It looks luscious!!! mmmm

XtineBeanie @ CleanLiving / DirtyWorld October 26, 2011

Wow, I can’t even believe that’s a bowl of pudding! It looks like the creamiest, richest bowl of chocolate I’ve ever seen! Thanks for sharing, this was a really fun post!

jamie @ jamelafamela October 26, 2011

omg genius! food coloring on sugar! how did i never think of that!?

Char @ www.charskitchen.ca October 26, 2011

love this post!! I was getting intimidated by all of the creativity that’s happening for Halloween in blog world, and I’m not sure I have the time this year (read: patience) for it. No bake? No bake I can do :) Happy Halloween, Angela!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 26, 2011

All those desserts look so fun. Love the creativity everyone has. I wish some of it would rub off on me. lol

Love your green monster shots. You forgot the rum though :)

Zestful Lou October 26, 2011

Cute! Love the Green Monster shots!

Julie - StressStories October 27, 2011

It’s been far too long since I had that chocolate pudding – I’m actually contemplating having it for breakfast :-D They look great! (And I’m with Eric on he Christmas music although this year I’m still restraining myself. Hopefully I’ll make it to November 1st)

Wish we had Halloween in Denmark, I love all of your Autumn holidays, so fun. And great opportunities to try out new food!

Ella, RD October 27, 2011

Adorable idea with the shots! But… could you seriously put booze in them? I wonder what would work…

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

I like the way you think. Let me know if you try something out!

Emmy (Wine and Butter) October 27, 2011

I LOVE how detailed your posts are!! The chocolate pudding also looks totally amazing. I used to be obsessed with these soy chocolate desserts that were super sweet – but also super processed, and when I cut out soy I had to give them up. This looks like an amazing alternative. I also love melting together dark chocolate and coconut oil (sooooooo good), but thats more of a tsp full at a time thing, than a humungous massive serving!!

Kristin @ STUFT Mama October 27, 2011

Love this idea! YOu are so creative!
PS- I just might have to try that kitty litter cake. That is too much! Only after I try this pudding idea though. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

haha I know it’s hard to resist ;)

Christie@abrilliantblue October 27, 2011

I thought I was all prepared for my Halloween pary at Kindergarten tomorrow but NO! Turns out after reading this I HAVE to make the Green Monster Sugar Rimmed shots with the children tomorrow! I’ll be picking up a bag of spinach, some bananas which cost $10 a kilo here after last summer’s Cyclone, and my kids will be in Halloween Heaven! Thanks Angela!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

haha what a great teacher you are! Enjoy :)

coffeeaddict October 27, 2011

Yikes, that kitty litter cake was a bit too much! But the green monster shots are cute in the most scary way of course :-P

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes October 27, 2011

So mush deliciousness!

Sara October 27, 2011

Fun! I’d probably try to take shots of that pudding and have it smack me in the face :)

Tessa @ Amazing Asset October 27, 2011

What a fun post! Thank you for sharing all of these wonderful ideas Angela :)

Rebecca October 27, 2011

That first picture of the pudding had me head over heels in love. Why have I not made it before? I must get my hands on an avocado! :)

Katrina October 27, 2011

This is crazy creative! Love it!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers October 27, 2011

Thanks Angela! I have a work Halloween Party and these recipes will go great! I guess Sunday Night will be Halloween food making day!!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin October 27, 2011

That pudding looks so good! Is there such thing as vegan whipped cream? Because that would taste awesome on top of it. :D

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

You can make whipped cream by beating super chilled full fat coconut milk :)

Heather October 27, 2011

This pudding is also on my to-do list. It’s easy peasy yet so brilliant. I love adding avocado to dessert.

P.S. – I was eating breakfast when I read the beginning of this post. Suddenly, I’ve lost my appetite. Haha.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

doh!!!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 27, 2011

These are so cute! I’ve got my eyes set on some scary/cute Halloween recipes too…. can’t say kitty litter cake is on that list though haha! I say you and I spend this Halloween pounding back Green Monster shots. ;)

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes October 27, 2011

Yum! Haha I always want to make scary treats but I never get the chance! The pudding cups are so cute…and scary-ish :)

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh October 27, 2011

Mmm, these look so good. Give the hubs a high five for me, I’ve been listening to Christmas music since June and that was after stop listening to it in March. Ask me if I have the most patient hubby ever? HA!

Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count October 27, 2011

I Love all of your ideas and that chocolate pudding looks too good to be in the same room with it! Love Sir Thinks A Lot!!

Misty October 27, 2011

Baahahaha, loved this entry, super cute!!

Amanda October 27, 2011

I made your vegan pudding back when you initially posted it and it was fantastic! My husband had no idea there was avocado in there until I told him. He was impressed! :)

And that kitty litter cake? That might be the most disgusting thing I’ve seen in a long time. And that’s saying a lot since it’s been a Walking Dead marathon in my house recently. Gross!!

Lindsey October 27, 2011

Might try using yellow coloring and then adding a tiny bit of red to make an orange.

I made your chocolate cupcakes with butter cream frosting. DIVINE!! I couldn’t keep them in the house…sent them to work with the hubby and gave some to both my neighbors…they even called me to ask if i had more!! and they didn’t even know they are VEGAN!! ahahahhhahahahahah……( not a good evil laugh I know.. I’m working on it…)

I receive many many compliments when I make your recipes…and I let everyone know where they came from. You have a gift.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

Thanks Lindsey, that’s great to hear! :)

Yes my problem with the pinkish colouring was that I started with the red and not the yellow! Next time ;)

Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 27, 2011

I love those shots for Christmas too! I made your pudding and added bourbon-so good! I just added a teeny bit of agar to keep it thick and smooth. It was sinful.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2011

Oh bourbon is such a good idea, I’ll have to try that as I have some to use up!

Page 1 of 212»