Zucchini Bread Oatmeal

IMG_8605

Brrr…it’s a chilly morning in our neck of the woods!

I woke up around 6am absolutely freezing, so I closed the window and pulled on the blanket that was at the end of the bed. I had another 45 minutes of cozy, warm sleep with Sketchie cuddled at my feet and Eric by my side.

The only thing that pulled me out of bed (besides Sketchie meowing and tapping my shoulder over and over) was the thought of hot oatmeal to warm me up.

Last year, I made Zucchini Bread Oatmeal and it occurred to me this morning that I hadn’t finalized the recipe and posted it on the blog. I had no idea what recipe I came up with last year, but judging from the photos, it was a bit more lengthy than what I came up with today. I’m all about the Quick and Dirty recipes lately so I tried to make it as delicious, yet simple, as I could.

IMG_8580

The most difficult part is trying not to grate your finger off while half asleep in the morning. I recommend caffeine before taking on this challenging morning task!

IMG_8662

I loved my original photoshoot so much, I decided to use the old pictures in today’s post!

Read: I was way too lazy for a photoshoot this morning.

IMG_8587

Keep in mind, the recipe looks a bit different the way I made it today, but I was even more pleased with the outcome this time around.

In my first photoshoot, I had a lot of fun using a bread loaf pan and spatula. I wish I had that energy today! Serves me right for staying up until 12:30am last night.

IMG_8599

IMG_8623

In my first attempt, I didn’t add the pat of Earth Balance on top- big mistake! It really took this bowl over the edge and I was in Heaven enjoying each buttery bite with a hint of brown sugar and crunchy pecan.

IMG_8630

and then I burned my tongue. Of course. Will I ever learn?

If you’re feeling really crazy, why not crumble some of my Oil-Free Zucchini Walnut loaf on top?

IMG_7480

And no, you can’t taste the zucchini at all, but it does add beautiful green flecks to the oats, not to mention extra vitamins and fibre.

IMG_8636

I’m now warmed up and ready to tackle the work week. Let’s just not make these chilly mornings a frequent occurrence, mmm kay?

~~

Today is the last day you can enter the Feel Good giveaway! Crazy Tea Ladies, unite.

1 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine August 22, 2011

Yum. :) I’m loving the cooler weather–your post made me feel cozy and ready for fall, haha!

2 jenna August 22, 2011

these look delish!! i love that we are now having cooler mornings. thankfully it warms up by 8-9. i wish it was like this all the time.

3 Kristina @SimplyKristinaP August 22, 2011

This sounds perfect for the crisp fall like morning we are having in Western NY today.

4 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) August 22, 2011

Zucchini bread oatmeal?! Angela you are a GENIUS!! Haha it’s pretty cold here in London too right now, and I could definitely use that!! I could never say no to zucchini bread anyway though ;)

5 Emily August 22, 2011

Yummmy! I’m sitting at work freezing and this sounds like heaven!

6 Holly @ The Runny Egg August 22, 2011

It was a little cool here this morning too! I love it. Fall is my favorite time of year — bring on the warm breakfasts!

7 Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove August 22, 2011

Perfect for the Fall! It was a little chilly this morning, too (although, I’m always cold). I can’t wait to try this recipe!

8 Tara August 22, 2011

I love all your fall/chilly posts each fall. I am a Canadian, through and through, which means I actually love cold weather and the amazing changes that happen each season.. but I am living in California for a few years and the seasons are not too drastic. Your posts remind me how much I do love the Canadian weather, which sounds crazy! :)

9 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2011

I could totally see that Tara! While I’m not a fan of Canadian Winters, I do love love love Fall.

10 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat August 22, 2011

I think I need to stop buying bowls and start buying mason jars!! This looks delicious Ange. It was chilly when I woke up too – I’d had my window open all night and woke up with goosebumps! Perhaps this is Mother Nature’s way of telling me I shouldn’t have purchased pumpkin last week? ;) (I couldn’t help it – I finally caved!!)

11 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat August 22, 2011

I make a similar carrot cake oatmeal – the zucchini idea is great!

12 Cait's Plate August 22, 2011

That looks so good. I’m all about adding fruit into my oats – why have I never tried veggies!?

13 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2011
14 Cait's Plate August 22, 2011

That is SO up my alley! I will definitely try it! :)

15 Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy August 22, 2011

Yum! I love chilly mornings and a hot bowl of oatmeal! Zucchini bread is one of my all time favorite quick breads! I am going to have to try this oatmeal recipe!

16 Lauren @ What Lauren Likes August 22, 2011

This is a great idea! I will have to try this. I love the little green specks :)

17 Brittany @ Runwithbritt August 22, 2011

Yummy! This is such a great idea. I can’t wait for cooler mornings down here in Texas. It’s going to be another 100+ day here….for like the 43 day in a row. Ugh! Cooler days are perfect for oats!

18 Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) August 22, 2011

This looks delicious :) I love “loafs” heh.

19 Noelle August 22, 2011

So yummy looking and colorful!

20 Ashley August 22, 2011

I looove those squatty wide jars!! I could definitely dive head first into one of them. My mom + I had a zucchini bread baking tradition every year. I’ve been meaning to make a GF version. Thanks for the reminder. ;)

21 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2011

Goodluck, I know if anyone can do it, you sure can!

22 Morgan @ Life After Bagels August 22, 2011

hmmmmm I’m just starting to warm up to zucchini (as in if zucchini and I were dogs we’d be sniffing each other, but that’s it so far) … I’ve used it as pizza topping a lot lately, and in bread, but I can’t be sure about this oatmeal you’re peddling ;) hehehe

23 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 22, 2011

This isn’t something I ever would’ve thought of doing with zucchini! Those jars are seriously adorable too :)

24 Heather (heathers dish) August 22, 2011

I can’t wait til chilly mornings start up in out neck of the woods! Warm oats sound so good on those cold mornings!

25 Bethany August 22, 2011

Amazingly delicious! Can’t wait to try it! What a perfect early autumn treat! :0) Thank you!

26 Andrea B. @ Vegvacious August 22, 2011

This looks amazing! My grandma gave me a fresh zucchini picked from her garden yesterday and I’ve been trying to decide what to do with it because if I make a loaf of zucchini bread, I eat the loaf LOL! This looks like a great alternative!

27 Kristin @ eat healthy. be happy. live well August 22, 2011

I have a huge zucchini leftover that I’m not sure what to do with! Thanks for the inspiration :) I think I’ll try the bread!

28 Natalie August 22, 2011

Looks gorgeous – do you think it would work if you made it the night before?

29 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2011

I’m sure you could warm it up with a splash of milk the next morning :) Just leave the toppings off until just before serving.

30 Christina August 22, 2011

Angela you have outdone yourself! I love how healthy this is and how delicious it looks! I’m trying to eat clean foods more and this is definitely going to be added, I don’t know if the Earth Balance would be considered clean eating though lol. One can splurge ;)

31 Jessica August 22, 2011

Yum! I love zucchini bread! It was just this side of chilly this morning in PA today, fall is in the air. (Already?!) Definitely going to give this a try, getinmahbelly!

32 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2011

Isn’t it crazy!? The nights are getting cooler too I’ve noticed. I cannot believe it’s August 22!

33 Jenny August 22, 2011

You know, I’ve never, ever had zucchini bread! My mom never made it for our family as a child, while we lived in Southeast Asia… I wonder if it’s a North American dish? Hm, which reminds me that she never made carrot cake, either. Guess I’ve got to give your zucchini bread AND carrot cake oatmeal recipes each a try! They’re both great ways to get veggies in before lunch, hm? :) Are there any other veggie-inclusive sweet desserts out there I’ve missed out on, I wonder?! (Is pumpkin pie the only other one? //Never had that either.)

34 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2011

one of my favs (and positively reviewed by readers) is the carrot cake loaf found here: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/04/20/whole-grain-vegan-carrot-cake-loaf-with-lemon-glaze/

35 Jenny August 22, 2011

Thanks for the suggestion! I better get baking… :) I’m sure I’ll love it, since I absolutely adore carrots – in all forms. And none of your recipes have failed me yet!

36 Heather @ Get Haalthy with Heather August 22, 2011

Yum this sure looks warming and delicious! I’ll make sure not to skip the sugar and nut topping, I trust you! Live getting veggies in first thing in the morning.

37 Sneaky Vegan August 22, 2011

YUH-UHM!!!! This looks delish! I just posted an awesome cherry zucchini bread recipe but after making 2 loaves this weekend I’m definitely ready to try something new. This is SO on my list!

38 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2011

Cherry and Zucchini is a great combo! I’ll have to try that out :)

39 Tracey @ Veggies, Cake and Cocktails August 22, 2011

I’ve never cooked/baked using zucchini. I might have to see if I can pick one up at the grocery and see if I can make something out of it.

40 Aly August 22, 2011

Ahh I cannot wait to try this! And to think i was just wondering what to do with that zucchini I just bought at the farmer’s market :)

41 Amber Shea @Almost Vegan August 22, 2011

This is so unique! My favorite thing you’ve posted recently. :)

42 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2011

Thanks Amber :)

43 Sarah with Veggie Kids August 22, 2011

Oh, this is just what I was in the mood for! Yum! Although the weather here in California isn’t cold by any means, it definitely is getting cooler and I see more leaves on the ground..boohoo! By the way, I made your cookie dough blizzard over the weekend for my kids (okay, for me) and we devoured. Who need Dairy Queen!?

44 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2011

haha nice ;) Glad it was enjoyed Sarah!

45 Heather August 22, 2011

I make a zuchinni granola and end up eating it raw too! Thanks for the great breakfast idea!

46 LizAshlee August 22, 2011

What a great way to use zucchini!! I would have never thought of that! I can’t believe it’s already chilly in your neck of the woods..not quite in Colorado!:)

47 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 22, 2011

You are a genius, Angela!

48 Julie (A Case of the Runs) August 22, 2011

What an awesome idea! Sneaking some veggies in my breakfast would be great!

49 Robyn @ Blueberries and Oats August 22, 2011

Wow. I haven’t been this excited about an oatmeal idea in a long time! I love that you get in a serving of veggies and it looks and sounds amazing! Thank you for the awesome recipe, I will be doing it as soon as it cools off here!

50 Lauren at Keep It Sweet August 22, 2011

This is such a delicious idea! Do you think the zucchini would be ok grated the night before?

51 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2011

I can’t see why not…just keep it in an air tight container/bag. :)

52 Danielle @weightsandmeasures August 22, 2011

This sound amazing! Just my luck, I have a zucchini in the fridge at home.

53 Cat @Breakfast to Bed August 22, 2011

I didn’t eat oatmeal for breakfast and now I want it for lunch. YUM. This looks AMAZING.

54 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table August 22, 2011

I made a zucchini bread oatmeal several months back and posted it – it’s pretty similar. I love how much they taste like the bread. I also topped mine with homemade blueberry “jam,” which was absolutely fabulous. :)

55 katie@ KatieDid August 22, 2011

We too have that crisp fall air this morning and I absolutely LOVE it! Its still beaming sunlight though so I got a glorious morning walk/ run in. It’s making me a tad excited for class to start back up again in a week, ahh! This looks so comforting, I’m excited for all the fall recipes to start appearing all over the blog world again… pumpkin, chilli, cornbread- those are my favorite fall flavors.

56 Alex August 22, 2011

I was just searching for this on your recipe page the other day! I ended up making a version of your zucchini bread with raisins and walnuts – totally addictive! Thanks for posting this as well, will definitely be trying it out :)

57 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 22, 2011

This looks fantastic! I am all about zucchini bread things – I made your oil free loaf a few weeks ago and have been pulling it out of the freezer one slice at a time so it won’t go bad!

58 The Purple Carrot August 22, 2011

I have a feeling these chilly mornings are going to be more frequent sooner than we’d like to think! Your oatmeal looks fabulous :)

59 melody polakow: Vegan for 3.33 a day August 22, 2011

Yum! That looks and sounds delicious! I just LOVE zucchini .. and zucchini bread always holds a special place in my heart because my grandfather used to make it …

60 Ellie@fitforthesoul August 22, 2011

Mmmm I just love zucchini oatmeal! The only catch is that it’s not always in my fridge and I end up eating it before I can even think of breakfast haha.

61 Char August 22, 2011

I have so much zucchini!! What an amazing idea! :D definitely gonna have to try this one

62 Amy @ The Whole Sweet Scoop August 22, 2011

Yum, what a great idea! Although I’m a little scared of grating my fingers off too! I love your spoons too, by the way.

63 Robyn August 22, 2011

Another yummy idea,,, but I gotta say, that last pic, with the awesome little ‘bowls’ ,,,love them, where did you get??

64 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2011

I think I got the Mason type jars from Wal Mart :)

65 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga August 22, 2011

The feeling of fall, the chill in the air (and in the house)…I am NOT READY for it! Trust me, I am 100% a summer girl and being in Coastal! San Diego…i swear it was never above 75F for me this summer. I turned on my a/c one time, for an hour. All summer. Not that “hot” Southern Cal everyone thinks of. More like moderate and lovely, but not hot. But I don’t want fall either!

Maybe if I had a bowl of those great zuke oats of yours I’d be happier about it :)

66 Rebecca August 22, 2011

Oooh YUM! Perfect way to curb my mom’s zucchini buying mania (our fridge is STUFFED!) and my own craving for warm oats that comes like clockwork toward the end of August. I make your carrot cake oats all the time and looove how they taste plus the added veggies at breakfast. :)

67 Roz August 22, 2011

LOVE the jar as a bowl! Very clever! Lovely photos as always! Have a great week.

68 Bev Weidner August 22, 2011

That is so cute, I love it!

69 Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 22, 2011

I have a similar recipe but obviously yours looks way better :)

70 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats August 22, 2011

This sounds so good! I’ll have to try it when it starts getting cold out!

71 Kelly August 22, 2011

That looks delicious! I was even more envious of the fact that it was chilly where you are. It is 107 here today. I am living in hell every single day in Texas right now. 65+ straight days of over 100 degree heat. I want to talk to whoever says Global Warming doesn’t exist because in Texas is sooooo does!

72 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2011

Gosh that is a lot of heat!!

73 Claire August 22, 2011

Would this work as an overnight oats recipe too?

74 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2011

hmm good question! Im not sure. It is good the next day cold though.

75 Carissa August 22, 2011

Great idea! My husband LOVES zucchini bread and is just starting to love oatmel. I’m going to have to make this for us.

76 Jessica August 22, 2011

Angela I swear you get me hooked on green stuff! First green monsters and now this! I am now a lean mean green machine! lol :)

77 Sarah @ studiofood August 22, 2011

Wow. Yum. I made a carrot cake oatmeal like this recently but this looks even better. This will be in my belly at 6am tomorrow morning.

78 Stephenie Zamora August 22, 2011

I love zucchini bread and can’t wait to try this recipe! xo

79 Jenny @ Simply Be...me August 22, 2011

I think these oats are the perfect excuse to make some of your zucchini bread! Do you have a particular Earth Balance you buy or prefer over the others? I basically just shut my eyes and grabbed one off the shelf because I couldn’t figure out the difference :)

80 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2011

I buy the soy free kind in the red tub :)

81 Lisa (bakebikeblog) August 22, 2011

How very delicious! And what an interesting way to use zucchini!

82 Aly August 22, 2011

Could there be an overnight version to this? Just wondering because I simply LOVE overnight oats ;)

83 Moni'sMeals August 22, 2011

wow lady! way to get creative! I think this will hit the spot for sure and I am just loving all your recipes!

Stay warm… I will make sure to enjoy my california sunshine for you. ;)

84 Tessa @ Amazing Asset August 22, 2011

Oh my gosh I love zucchini bread, what a great idea to combine with oatmeal! Thank you Angela :)

85 Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart August 22, 2011

WOW I never would have thought to use zucchini and oatmeal together… but then again, you introduced me to spinach in my smoothies! YUM!

86 Kiah August 22, 2011

Brrrr? It’s August! Haha :-)

87 Sara @ real fun food August 22, 2011

This is so cool!!! It look so good and so fun!

88 April August 22, 2011

That’s so crazy! I was just thinking about the very same thing this morning! I have some zucchini to use up and I wanted to try and use it in my oatmeal this morning, but I was too hungry to try and come up with anything that might not taste so good. Thanks for this! It gives me something to go on. :)

89 Ashley @ The Drunk Squash August 22, 2011

Oh my god, I’ve never heard of anything like this before, but it sounds delicious! I love the idea of reinventing zucchini bread in oatmeal form… makes me want to try with other sweet breads :)

90 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin August 22, 2011

I’ve been making zucchini bread oatmeal all summer using zucchinis from the farm where I work. We grow so many there that my bosses are always sending me home with free zucchini! :P

I love your idea to top it with Earth Balance. That would definitely take it over the top!

91 kaila@ Healthy Helper blog! August 22, 2011

This look absolutely delish!! I love getting some veggies in the morning! Omg I can’t wait for fall when I start craving hot oats again! These are on my TO MAKE LIST!

92 Jeanette August 22, 2011

What a great way to include some vegetables at breakfast time, can’t wait until it gets cooler around here to try this!

93 Jenna August 22, 2011

Mmm. Looks good. Have to say though, I’m partial to the oat bars…yummy and portable, lol. :)

94 Alexis (hummusapien) August 22, 2011

This looks sooo good! Now I have the perfect excuse to use my zucchini tomorrow morning :)

95 Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries August 22, 2011

Wow this looks so amazing! I just recently made zuchinni oatmeal pancakes, and were great. I love knowing that there’s veggies in my meal even when I can’t taste them! I’m definitely trying this out…thanks for sharing!

P.S. I’m new to your blog, and I’m so glad I found it! I love it so far.

96 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2011

Thanks Ashley! Nice to meet ya :)

97 Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness August 22, 2011

It’s been freakishly chilly here too! I can’t believe fall is already on its way!

98 Marianne August 22, 2011

This almost makes me want to eat cooked oatmeal again – I’ve been completely uninterested in oatmeal for months now, but something about it being kinda like baking has me intrigued. Plus it has my favourite colour in it – green!

99 Jess@atasteofconfidence August 23, 2011

This is perfect! We are visiting my boyfriend’s brother and he is going to give us lots of zucchini, and I really wanted to try something different.

100 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun August 23, 2011

What a genius idea, Angela! I love oats. I love zucchini bread. I love getting a sneaky dose of veggies added in to my already high love of veggies. Great!

101 Beach Bum Beauty August 23, 2011

Yum! Winter is most definitely approaching which is quite depressing but then this little beauty will make it hurt less x

102 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 23, 2011

This is such a great idea!

103 kate August 23, 2011

eating this right now – sooooo good! thanks for the recipie!

104 Rebekah @ Medicine, Munchies & Movement August 23, 2011

That looks absolutely incredible! I will have to try it for sure!

105 Jenny | Floppycats.com August 23, 2011

i am really excited to try this one. thank you for sharing and for having an easy to print version. maybe you always have that, but this is the first time i’ve printed something, so thanks!

106 Rachael @TheRDRunner August 23, 2011

As soon as I saw this I had to make it! I love zucchini. It didn’t add any flavor but it felt creamy smooth and delicious! It was also nice to know i was having veggies for breakfast :) I added 1/2 of a banana too which made it extra tasty.

107 Kate August 23, 2011

Made this recipe but did overnight oats…it was fantastic! I added raisins, cinnamon and toasted pecans!

108 Molly G August 23, 2011

This looks so yummy! Dow you think I could use Steel Cut oatmeal and make it the night before? Thanks for sharing!

109 Laura August 23, 2011

seriously – SO IN LOVE with your blog!! Can’t get over it all – just love your amazing variations!!

110 Luv What You Do August 23, 2011

I just made my favorite zucchini pineapple bread. I was thinking that I would love to make some zucchini bread pancakes, but this oatmeal recipes looks amazing! I love oatmeal…especially on those fabulous fall days!

111 michelle August 23, 2011

What a great way to use up fresh zucchini! I can’t wait to try this for breakfast tomorrow.

112 Teagan August 23, 2011

Yessss!!! i’m so excited to finally see the finalized recipe!

I cannot wait to try it! drool.

113 Rachel @ The Avid Appetite August 24, 2011

Wow, this looks and sounds amazing, especially for a chilly morning! I cannot wait to try it this Fall :)

114 Kathleen August 25, 2011

YUM I’ve been dying to try this one out. That first pic looks so delicious.

115 Anna August 25, 2011

This looks so great, I actually want oatmeal! It’s one of those things that I never eat, but some warm oatmeal after a workout sounds just delightful!

116 Christine August 29, 2011

This is delicious! What a great way to add a vegetable to breakfast. :-) I made a couple of modifications – added two egg whites while cooking oats during first 4 minutes and substituted 2 chopped dates for the raisins and 1 T brown sugar. Thanks for sharing this recipe! :-)

117 Fran {The Flavorful Fork} August 30, 2011

This has been printed and I definitely plan to try this out tomorrow morning. Need to get out of that cold cereal rut.

118 Renee September 1, 2011

Like others have said, I’m so glad I stumbled upon your website (I think I got here from a comment you made on SnackGirl.com). Anyway, this recipe really caught my eye when I read it yesterday, and I had some zucchini in the fridge, so guess what I had for breakfast this morning? Oh, yes, and it was delicious! I used steel cut oats and it worked just fine. And I felt so good to have had a vegetable for breakfast!
I’ve had fun looking around on your site, and there are many more of your recipes that I want to try. I’m not vegan or even vegetarian, but there are so many of your recipes that I can’t wait to make with what I have on hand – I hope it works!

119 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 1, 2011

Thank you Renee! Enjoy the recipes :)

120 Jill September 5, 2011

I saw this recipe last week and made it every day for breakfast last week! I love it. I’m kinda crazy about oatmeal and zucchini so it was perfect! I managed, too, to up the zucchini to 1 cup and it’s great. It’s quite amazing, really, there isn’t a difference in texture between the zucchini and oatmeal. It all blends together. Thanks!

121 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 5, 2011

Glad you enjoyed it Jill!

122 Kristen September 13, 2011

I starred this a few weeks ago and it was finally chilly enough this morning to go for a hot breakfast, though I was worried I wouldn’t have enough time to cook and enjoy it. It was delicious. I’m totally going to be late for work this morning. It was totally worth it.

123 Jenny Baldwin September 14, 2011

I made it this morning for breakfast…so delicious !
I wish I had made a double batch ;-)
I put it on my blog http://www.healthymammas.com Hope you don’t mind !!

124 Claudia August 7, 2012

Last night I made zucchini bread and had leftover zucchini and was trying to figure out a way to use it up. I had the idea for a zucchini bread oatmeal, but was nervous to try to create something from scratch. I decided to do a little online search and was so happy to see that you had beaten me to the punch! This recipe was phenomenal! Thank you so much for sharing! :)

125 Anna @ Hugs and Kiwis August 26, 2012

Mmm this looks really good! I love adding zucchini to things like this because you can’t taste the added nutrition. haha. I’m so used to putting fruit in my oatmeal, I didn’t even think about any kind of veggie. Thanks for sharing!

126 Deanna @ DB and Jelly September 8, 2012

I made this for breakfast this morning and it was amazing. I love how much flavor it has, and of course it’s great that you can sneak in all those veggies :)

127 Annika September 20, 2012

Best Oatmeal recipe ever. My teenager girl discovered your site and she’s made this recipe numerous times. Great Site… LOVE this recipe.. Taste too good to be healthy… I’m gonna give your Carrot oatmeal a try next time.

128 Danielle October 4, 2012

I don’t have any brown sugar on hand? Would liquid sweetener work instead?

129 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 4, 2012

Hey Danielle, Since liquid sugar is a wet ingredient, I’m not sure as it would change the ratio of wet to dry ingredients. I would sub with another dry sugar to be sure (thats not to say it wont work I just dont know how it would turn out!)

130 Danielle October 4, 2012

Thanks for the quick response! Sounds good :)

131 Brittany October 12, 2012

Oh my heavens this is the MOST delicious oatmeal I have had in a long time. I was a bit hesitant, but I’m SO glad I tried something new!!

132 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2012

glad to hear that!!

133 Lara October 22, 2012

This is soooooo good! I had it for breakfast today and i already prepared everything for tomorrow ;) But i took ground almonds and mixed them with sugar + earth balance and formed “cookie dough balls”. Can’t wait! :))
Love your blog.

134 Celeste October 25, 2012

What size of mason jars are those?

135 Jessica Kramer March 21, 2013

I love-love this recipe! Thank you!!

136 Barbie September 18, 2013

I love this recipe thank you so much! It has become a regular breakfast item until the zucchinis die. My kids don’t even notice how good it is for them. Sometimes if I feel like an overachiever I add some apples cooked down with cinnamon. It’s amazing any way I serve it.

137 Kathleen Campbell March 31, 2014

This was pretty good. One thing- I can’t remember if it was this recipe or the carrot cake oatmeal or the sweet potato breakfast casserole (we made all three recipes within like a week of each other, so they all kinda blur together…) But one or two of them had way too much liquid and not enough oats, fyi. but the flavor was good!

138 Analuna May 6, 2014

Do you think this could work as a baked oatmeal? Would the proportions change at all?

139 Stephanie August 25, 2015

Hi Angela! I discovered your blog about a year ago, but this zucchini bread oatmeal recipe popped up today when I was searching for a way to use up my zucchini. I had to leave a comment because it was so delicious!! Thank you for the inspiration! :) (I also noticed that your original post was almost exactly 4 years ago, and today’s a chilly day here, too!)

140 Jenefer March 13, 2016

Hello!

I am wondering if this recipe could be done in a slow cooker over night? I know it only takes about 10 minutes to prep but I bet most mornings that 10 minutes at the stove will feel like an eternity. :) I am trying to move away from microwaved instant oats and this seems like a super tasty way to make that shift.

141 Angela Liddon March 23, 2016

Hi Jenefer, I haven’t tried this out myself, but I tend to avoid cooking oatmeal in the slow cooker because I find the clean up is a hassle (often defeating any time that I saved). That said, I’m sure there’s a way to make it work! It would be trial and error though. Please let me know if you try anything out. You could use other oatmeal slow cooker recipes online as a guide.

142 Beth L. May 18, 2016

Hi!! Do I squeeze the moisture out of the zucchini before adding to the oatmeal or leave it as is? Thanks :)