Frump Town No More!

I may feel anything but dressed up during the week, but I must say, I LOVE getting dressed up when the occasion arises! I’m such a girlie girl at heart.

This morning, I thought I’d give you a peek in my closet and show you what I pulled together to wear to my brother-in-law Steve and future sis-in law Joanne’s wedding today! I’m so excited for their big day!!!!

My father in law Ken, Steve, & Joanne:

20101106IMG_9837

My bday celebraton 2009 (remember those pink walls??)!

img-1379

With Brother in law Dave…more SHOTS!

img-1378

The first time I met Joanne I KNEW she was the one for Steve. I even told Eric after we met her that they would get married. What can I say, I can see love a mile away!! I’ve never seen Steve happier. :)

img-1429

Joanne is going to make a STUNNING bride. I can’t wait to see her! The wedding is held at a winery in Niagara on the Lake. The setting will be breathtaking no doubt.

Here’s the outfit I put together…

IMG_9573

I found this dress in the nick of time last night at Le Chateau. It’s pinky and floral- and if you know me, you know I love that! Luckily, it fit me like a glove, which doesn’t happen often at Le Chateau…usually I can’t find anything for the life of me in that store.

IMG_9574

IMG_9575

The ruching is extremely figure flattering and hugs the curves (or creates some!).

IMG_9580

I thought I was going to have to buy new shoes to go with the dress, but my girlfriend Ashley offered to lend me her wedges. I’ve worn stilettos at outdoor weddings before and it ain’t pretty walking on grass! ;) These will also be much more comfortable too.

IMG_9587

IMG_9595

My gold clutch is from 2008 from Aldo. I think it was $19.99!

IMG_9592

My jewelry is from Swarovski which was a gift from Eric last Spring.

IMG_9604

IMG_9612

Shimmery eye shadow is from Chanel. I bought this set in 2008 for my wedding and I just love the colour palette.

IMG_9625

A shimmery wrap if I get chilly outside. This was a gift from my mom last year. Need to iron this!

IMG_9628

Painted my nails with this old bottle of Revlon ‘Pure Pearl’ which goes with my dress nicely.

IMG_9633

IMG_9634

One more coat to go after this.

IMG_9636

Now I‘m off to try and pack LIGHTLY. This would be a first…

See you tomorrow for a wedding recap. Red heart Have a great day!

Page 2 of 2«12
michelle August 8, 2011

I love Le Chateau for funky dresses and especially their fun jewelry. You’re dress is sexy and summer fun!

Nicole @ giraffelegs August 7, 2011

love the outfit!!!! The jewelry is too pretty, Eric did such a great job!! You are going to look so sassy!!

Monica August 7, 2011

My cousin just got married in NOTL and also wore a dress from Le Chateau- I love yours. Le Chateau always have the prettiest dresses – but, you’re right. It’s hard to find one that fits well and is reasonably priced. Can’t wait to see the wedding recap – I’m from the Niagara region and NOTL is such a great place for weddings!

Joanne August 7, 2011

Hey Sis :) You looked beautiful and adorable as always!! So happy to be a part of the family! And so happy that you and Eric were there to share the day with us. Looking forward to spending some time with the two of you when we get back. xo

jenna August 7, 2011

What a girlie post; a fun change from the food blogging :) Amazing dress, and I love that you got it from Le Chateau.

WIERDGREENMAN August 7, 2011

Have a good time!

Margaret August 7, 2011

I loved your dress yesterday Angela. You looked stunning, as usual. Eric said you were going out at the last minute dress shopping. You certainly picked a winner with this one. I thought the couple looked amazing. Stephen and Joanne were sooooooo happy. It is wonderful to see them so in love with each other. I am also so looking forward to seeing the recap of all your photos posted on your site. Now I have three beautiful daughter-in-laws and love all of them. After growing up with only brothers, and so many of them, it is so nice to have three daughters to now call my own. Also waiting to see photos of my lovely granddaugter and grandson.
Your loving mother-in-law….MILMOM

Joanne August 7, 2011

I hope you guys had a great time!! You all looked incredible!! It wouldn’t of been the same without you and Steve and I were both SOOOO happy to have you there and all the help you’ve all given us along the way! SO happy to be a part of the family :) xoxoxoxox

Annie@stronghealthyfit August 7, 2011

You’re gonna look gorgeous :-) I’m the same way, I love an opportunity to get dressed up!

GlowingBIL August 7, 2011

mmm did someone say SHOTS?! Only regret yesterday is not doing one with my brothers.

Great day for a G.R.E.A.T. couple, and lots of talk with family and friends about Angela’s blog and upcoming adventures.

I look forward to the OSG recap (and Ang’s SLR photos of my kids)

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 7, 2011

me too! How did we forget!!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) August 7, 2011

I hope the wedding was awesome!

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner August 7, 2011

I absolutely ADORE those shoes!!! :)

Zestful Lou August 7, 2011

HOORAY!! I love weddings!!!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat August 7, 2011

Oooh Ange the dress is gorgeous!! I’m the same way at Le Chateau in that it takes me a long time to find dresses that fit properly. I absolutely love your shimmery pink shawl too. Can’t wait to see more wedding photos (and they are such a cute couple!!!!)

kaila @ healthy helper! August 7, 2011

I love love love everything about your outfit!!!! From the shoes to the jewlery! Everything is perfect!

Andy Smith August 7, 2011

Hi Angela, this is totally not the type of post an 18 year old guy would usually be drawn to but I wanted to comment to say that I wish your brother-in-law and future sister-in-law all the success in their journey together. Mainly I wanted to say that I am very happy to see that you have had been able to leave ‘frump town’ you are such a source of happiness and inspiration to so many people every day just through your blog. Each time you post I feel like I escape my own Frump Town for a while because of your enthusiasm and natural joy. I hope you enjoy the wedding, thank you very much Angela.

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 7, 2011

Thank you Andy! What a lovely thing to say. I appreciate your heartfelt support! :)

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts August 6, 2011

That dress is beautiful! I can’t wait to see more pictures :) Enjoy the wedding, and congratulations to brother and (nearly) sister in law!

Victoria (Sweet and Healthy Living) August 6, 2011

Cute dress and lovely outfit!

LizAshlee August 6, 2011

Can’t wait to see more photos! I know you will look amazing your dress..beautiful colors!! :)

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me August 6, 2011

OMG I can’t WAIT to see what you look like! I am lovin the entire ensemble!

Annie D @ Annie's Simple Life August 6, 2011

LOVE that dress!!!!!!

Jen August 6, 2011

LOVE that dress…so pretty! I’ve never been a big fan of Le Chateau, yet in thinking back, I just realized I bought my highschool grad dress AND my wedding dress there (obviously not your typical wedding lol). Have fun!

Holly @ The Runny Egg August 6, 2011

I love seeing people in love :) What a beautiful picture of the two of them!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn August 6, 2011

I loooove weddings!! You are going to look STUNNING and they are so adorable together. I love it. Will you play matchmaker please and find me a good man…kay perfect :)

Amanda K August 6, 2011

You are going to look incredible! Love the gold accents. Wedges are a also great idea. I have spiky heels as my wedding standard, but that’s a good idea to change them up.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin August 6, 2011

The clothes at Le Chateau never fit me well either – they’re all made for tall people LOL! But I love your dress. Great find! :)

Moni'sMeals August 6, 2011

what a cute post Angela. Have fun and looking forward to the recap. :)

Kilee August 6, 2011

Aww, you and the bride are going to look gorgeous! Have such a fun time at the wedding and reception!

DORIS @vanillacocoberry August 6, 2011

uuuuuuh Angi I love your dress, bet it suits u real well :) pictures pleaseeeeeeeee
my host family loved your homemade granola btw
I am right now touring the east coast and loving it wohooooo ! I do reviews of all the restaurant I go to and I had my first larabar (they dont sell those in Austria)
all the best xo

Cait @ Cait hates Cake August 6, 2011

LOVE your dress! Can’t wait to see how it looks on, I bet you will look gorgeous!

Liza Jane August 6, 2011

Your dress is gorgeous!

Jessica August 6, 2011

I have the exact opposite problem with Le Chateau.. I’ll wander in randomly and fall in love with multiple dresses. I never let myself try them on though because I have nowhere to wear their pretty dresses and I am so cheap that I can’t justify spending $150-200 on a dress I might wear once. You’re dress is really pretty though! Can’t wait to see it on!

Roseanna August 6, 2011

That dress is GORGEOUS.

Living, Learning, Eating August 6, 2011

Awww, lovebirds are so cute! :) And getting dressed up is very fun, indeed!

Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart August 6, 2011

your dress is stunning! Have fun!