Double Chocolate Brownie Dough ‘Blizzard’

IMG_8853

Over the past few months, Eric has been taking a Project Management Course to get his Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. It hasn’t been easy on him juggling work, the 3.5 hour daily commute, studying, and building the deck at the same time! We’ve been looking forward to the completion of the course so he doesn’t have to spend his evenings studying.

He was under a lot of pressure to pass because his work was paying for the course and no one wants to tell their boss and coworkers they failed the exam. We joked that he probably studied more for this exam than for all his exams combined in university!

Wednesday, Eric wrote the 400-question PMP exam and he passed with flying colours! Whew.

We celebrated, Blizzard style… :)

IMG_8851

I loved reading through your comments on what Blizzard flavours I should make next! So many great ideas. For my 3rd version, I decided to make a spin-off of DQ’s Brownie Batter Blizzard:

DQ10Q4027P_BrownieBatter_28

[source]

It boasts, ‘Double chocolate brownie batter blended with real fudge brownie pieces and creamy vanilla soft serve’

Yes please!

IMG_8840

My previous two versions below:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard                         Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Blizzard

IMG_2985-4 IMG_8587-2

The first thing I did was whip up some double chocolate brownie dough balls in the food processor.

IMG_8650

IMG_8645

Double chocolaty.

Crunchy.

Nutty.

Chewy.

Sweet & salty.

What’s not to love?

IMG_8844

Double Chocolate Brownie Dough ‘Blizzard’

• Banana Soft Serve or your favourite ice cream
  • Cocoa powder & peanut butter, to taste
  • Brownie dough balls (from above)
  • Toasted coconut, for garnish

1. In a food processor, process your desired amount of frozen bananas until a creamy soft serve forms. We use 3 large bananas for 2 people. OR, simply grab your favourite ice cream and scoop it into the processor.

2. Add cocoa powder and peanut butter, to taste and process until combined.

3. Crumble 2-3 brownie dough balls into the processor and pulse until just combined.

4. Scoop into bowls or glass and crumble another ball on top with toasted coconut, for garnish. Enjoy on a hot summer day!

IMG_8826

I think this flavour would work better without banana soft serve. The banana was just a bit too pronounced in this combo. Next time, I might use Chocolate Coconut Bliss and do without the banana flavour coming through.

Otherwise it was fantastic!

I had to be quick with the photoshoot under the hot sun because I was making a huge mess, as usual!

IMG_8853

Though, we clean up pretty well. ;)

IMG_8854

Have a great Friday!

1 Kalli July 15, 2011

Congrats to your hubby! And what a great way to celebrate. These look amazing and I am sure better that dairy queen for sure :)

2 Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy July 15, 2011

These look amazing! I love the glasses that you served them in, so cute! You are so creative and have such wonderful ideas!

3 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga July 15, 2011

Congrats to Eric for furthering his education and credentials and passing with flying colors!

And congrats to you for making the world a better place by creating Double Chocolate Brownie Dough Balls. Wow. Angela they look awesome!

I grew up eating DQ Blizzards and Heath Bar was my fave. But after seeing this, I dont miss Heath Bar blizzards for a second. I just need to make this….omg it looks soooo good!

4 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat July 15, 2011

Oh my, you’ve done it again! I think I might eat all the dough balls before I have a chance to get them into the blizzard!!

PS. Congrats Eric!! That’s great that he passed!

5 Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa July 15, 2011

YUM! What a great post to read on a Friday morning. I will now bribe myself with the promise of one of these if I get everything done on my to-do list today!

6 Zestful Lou July 15, 2011

That’s one question I had about these blizzards: Does the banana flavor come through a lot? For example, did the peanut butter chocolate crunch blizzard have a pronounced banana flavor??

7 Amanda July 15, 2011

I just have to ask, how the heck to do eat your overflowing goodies without making a sticky mess?? :)

8 Shelly July 15, 2011

Angela you are an evil genius. (Minus the evil part!) :) I made a batch of your original cookie dough while waiting for my bananas to get ripe enough to freeze and I think I’m going to be out of dough before the bananas are ready to eat!
I have two ideas/suggestions. The first is that the cookie dough balls would make AMAZING cookies for ice cream sandwhiches if you flattened them out. I think you might need to fill them with coconut bliss ice cream rather than banana soft serve to get the proper texture, but I think it could be amazing. :) I’ll try it out with my next batch.
The second idea come from the fact that I found almond meal at Trader Joes- I’d love to figure out how to make an almond joy cookie ball- maybe almond meal, shredded coconut, and almond chunks with choc chips…. Maybe you could do that for your next blizzard flavor! :)

9 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 15, 2011

MMm great ideas :)

10 Miriam @ Sometimes I Veg July 15, 2011

Congrats to Eric, I have actually been considering taking some project management courses to take a step forward in my career. Hopefully becoming a pmp will open some door for him.

11 Faith @ For the Health of It July 15, 2011

I seriously lived off of the brownie blizzards in college – my roomie and I had struck the perfect deal; she would buy, I would go pick them up. Such a fun tradition, I miss it…but I don’t miss the awful feeling after eating the huge thing! I’m thinking this would leave me feeling way better!

Tell Eric congrats, by the way!

12 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 15, 2011

That sounds so good!!!! I have yet to try banana soft serve–think it will be on my weekend agenda!

13 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is July 15, 2011

That’s it. I’m making this for sure this weekend!

14 Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 15, 2011

They look so good! I’ve got to get a food processor!

15 Cait's Plate July 15, 2011

You kill me.

I need to move in with you – Eric and Sketchy won’t mind will they?? ;)

16 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans July 15, 2011

I want to make more dough balls! They are perfect little bites of energy before a run :)

17 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table July 15, 2011

Congrats to Eric on the PMP! That’s a valuable thing to have, for sure.

Since it’s my birthday, will you bring me one of those blizzards?! :)

18 Suzanne July 15, 2011

Congrats to Eric! What a lot of work that was —and a 3.5 hour commute – oh my! That alone would be enough to push me over the edge!
I made the banana soft serve – came out good – but I agree – we do not always want the banana flavor. I wish there was a way to do vanilla. Do you know if you can make vanilla ice cream with almond milk? I thought of trying that but figured it would be on the market if it really worked!

Where do you get the dates? (regular grocery store or specialty/dry shelf or produce?) I really want to try them as I see them in a few of your recipes. I actually think they had them for us at a hotel we went to last weekend – they gave us a few plates of snacks in our room and I tried these things – very sweet! Deeeelicious :-)

19 Julie @ Shining From Within July 15, 2011

I bet you could freeze almond milk into cubes and then process into “ice cream”. Chocolate almond milk or other non dairy milk frozen and then processed would be awesome too!

20 Zestful Lou July 15, 2011

I’ve seen recipes around the blog world that use a combination of soy creamer and almond milk to make some delicious-looking vegan ice creams. Search “almond milk ice cream” and something is bound to come up!

21 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 15, 2011

mm that sounds good, I havent tried it myself!
I buy my dates in bulk from Ontario Natural Food Coop.

22 Suzanne July 15, 2011

Thanks for the ideas – I will search it and try. I will have to make a trip to the coop near here (It is phenomenal but 1.5 hrs away) – I am sure they have the dates too.

23 Jenny$1983 July 16, 2011

Chocolate-Covered Katie has the easiest, simplest recipe I’ve found for vanilla ice cream, but I’m not sure about etiquette when it comes to linking to other blogs on somebody else’s blog (if you see what I mean! Just trying to do the right thing!), so I can only suggest you Google “chocolate covered katie voluminous ice cream” – it should be the first link to come up :)

24 suzanne July 20, 2011

I will ck it out – thanks!

Got the dates today :-)

25 Julie @ Shining From Within July 15, 2011

Yay for Eric! That’s the hardest thing about shooting outdoors in the summer…everything melts! I’d love this with chocolate coconut bliss. Omg that’d be AMAZE.

26 Ellie@fitforthesoul July 15, 2011

Oh my goodness does this look amazing! Love the melty effect.

27 WIERDGREENMAN July 15, 2011

These look AMAZING. I must make these! And congratulations to Eric!

28 Lauren at Keep It Sweet July 15, 2011

so perfect in so many ways! Have a fabulous weekend:-)

29 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 15, 2011

Congrats to Eric! These pictures (and of course recipe) put the DQ version to shame.

30 kate July 15, 2011

ooh double chocolate sounds amazing, congrats to eric he definitely deserves a special celebration!

31 Heather (heathers dish) July 15, 2011

Seriously you’re going to turn me into an addict!

32 Tracy July 15, 2011

Aaaah!!! Tell Eric congratulations on passing the PMP! I passed in June and it was the hardest and longest test I’ve ever taken. I studied harder for that than I’ve ever studied my whole life and cried in the parking lot after the test because I was so happy I passed!! Maybe I’ll make this Blizzard for myself and call it the PMP Blizzard! :)

33 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 15, 2011

aww congrats to you!
I couldnt believe it when he told me they give you 4.5 hours and 400 questions! ahhhh. Luckily he could take a couple breaks when he wanted to.

34 AGS @ West With Flight July 15, 2011

PMP Blizzard — love it.

35 alexe July 15, 2011

OH MY! This looks decadent!

Congratulations to Eric for passing his exam so successfully! I wish I didn’t have to study all summer… I’ll bring my books in the parks I guess, it could be worse! ;)

36 Jessica F July 15, 2011

Haha this takes me back to my days of working at Dairy Queen in high school. One funny thing about the Brownie Batter blizzard is sooo many people would pronounce ‘Batter’ as ‘Bladder’. I think the blizzard at they end made it a tongue twister!

37 Kat July 15, 2011

I see blizzard making in my future for sure! I love the glasses too – so cute!

38 Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove July 15, 2011

I’m actually nervous to make one of these. I’m afraid it’ll end up being the only think I eat!

39 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 15, 2011

Congrats to Eric! Taking a class + working full time is no joke! And what a lovely way to celebrate — brownie blizzards. Oh wow do these look good!

40 Jenna July 15, 2011

you two are the most motivated people!! gosh! that is awesome and congrats x 10000 to eric! this blizzard looks like the best reward ever! amazing!

41 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} July 15, 2011

That has pregnancy craving written all over it! (I’m pregnant–not suggesting that you are ;-)) I’m so making these this weekend.

42 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 15, 2011

heh enjoy

43 April @ Grits and Granola Bars July 15, 2011

Congrats to Eric! That is awesome! :-D Now, do you think you could mail me one of those blizzards? :)

44 April @ Grits and Granola Bars July 15, 2011

45 April @ Grits and Granola Bars July 15, 2011

46 Lindsey @ Why Just Eat July 15, 2011

Those look delicious! I’m a huge fan of your banana soft serve and can’t wait to try it :)

47 Nikita July 15, 2011

I’m hooked on banana soft serve! These look amazing! I’m surprised the banana flavor didn’t work with the other flavors though- usually chocolate and banana are great together!

48 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 15, 2011

I was surprised too…it could have had to do with the fact that it melted too much. I find BSS is best VERY cold.

49 Kristen @ Chocolate Covered Kristen July 15, 2011

I would love to see a remake of the Starbucks Java Chip Frapuccino! Yummmm!

PS – Your avocado cream pasta has made it’s way into the regular rotatio. I’m obsessed!

50 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 15, 2011

Glad you enjoy it :) Im making some tonight!

That java flava sounds yummy :)

51 Ashley July 15, 2011

Oh man oh man!! Ridiculous! Look at that overflowing glass! ;) These seriously sound spectacular. Hope you guys have a fabulous weekend!! xo

52 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 15, 2011

overflowing glasses are my specialty! lol

53 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather July 15, 2011

That looks even better than the DQ version! Better for you too :)

54 Jenny$1983 July 15, 2011

Yay Eric, that’s excellent! :)

And as for the blizzard … you are too good, there are just no words. No words… :D

55 Kelsey July 15, 2011

yay for eric!

and, angela, you amaze me. I LOVE your blizzards!

56 Jackie @ That Deep Breath July 15, 2011

I love celebrating blizzard style! Looks delish!

57 Jenny July 15, 2011

You had me at the first photograph. Double chocolate? Good heavens, it looks amazing! If I knew a treat like that was waiting at the end of my exam, I’d definitely study extra hard!

Hip hip hooray for Eric, for passing – and passing with flying colours! All that hard work and all those long hours spent studying ultimately paid off. That’s awesome! Congratulations! :D

58 kris (everyday oats) July 15, 2011

Congrats to Eric! I’m sure the blizzard was a wonderfully delicious way to celebrate passing with flying colors. It looks absolutely delish!

59 kaila @ healthy helper! July 15, 2011

Another fabulous recipe Ange!!! You’re gonna put DQ out of business!

60 Beth July 15, 2011

Looks fantastic! Can’t wait to try it! And congrats to Eric!

61 AGS @ West With Flight July 15, 2011

Big congrats to Eric!! In my field, PMP is often expected (though I doubt that PMP determines an individual’s ability to manage a projecte effectively), and studying for the test takes a lot of time. My husband avoided it for a year, but will have to start studying this year, probably, due to pressure from work. Maybe I’ll encourage him with some of these tasty delights. ;)

62 Amber K July 15, 2011

Another awesome blizzard recipe! I love that the banana flavor comes through. Chocolate, banana, all you need is peanut butter and my dessert trifecta has been met :)

63 deep south runner July 15, 2011

You are brilliant.

64 The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh July 15, 2011

It’s been a long time that I’ve seen photos that literally made my mouth water! To the kitchen! Zooooom!

65 Jenny @ Train for Wellness July 15, 2011

Yes please!

66 Kristin @ eat healthy. be happy. live well July 15, 2011

Yummy! I never thought to make blizzards at home! I also love the recipe for the brownie balls and will definitely be making them this weekend :D

67 Mel July 15, 2011

oh that does look lovely. recently discovered your site, going to try those burgers on Sunday. Can’t wait.

68 laura July 15, 2011

This looks delightful! Love those glasses.
Do you by chance know the nutrition stats on these?
I know they’d be much healthier than a dq blizzard, but im just curious. :)

69 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 15, 2011

Nope sorry!

70 Caroline @ chocolate & carrots July 15, 2011

Double yes please!!!!

71 Katrina July 15, 2011

This sounds so freaking good. Love this!

72 Susan July 15, 2011

Congrats from a fellow PMP – now just make sure you keep up on you PDUs so you NEVER have to take the exam again :)

73 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 15, 2011

haha here’s hoping… :)

74 Meredith July 15, 2011

I NEED to make this… I think this is the best looking version yet!

75 Kim @ Imperfectly Perfect July 15, 2011

These look SO GOOD!!

Congrats to Eric for his accomplishment and a big congrats to you for being nominated one of Canada’s Women of the Year!!

76 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 17, 2011

thanks!

77 Arielle (Your Vegan Girlfriend) July 15, 2011

I want to eat everything you make. Always. Oreo next please!!!

78 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 15, 2011

Awwwwyeahhhh! SO MAKING THIS

p.s. I am still waiting for you to make a recipe book!

79 Roz July 15, 2011

Congratuations to your husband!!!

80 Sarah July 15, 2011

You are the queen of yummy desserts! This looks so good-can’t wait to make it for myself…I mean my kids.

81 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 15, 2011

;)

82 Namaste Gurl July 15, 2011

Yum! This beats DQ’s blizzards any ole’ day and I’d definitely choose yours over theirs! :) You can still have your cake and eat it, too :)

83 Raeanne July 15, 2011

We made the peanut butter crunch ones last weekend and LOVED them. Can’t wait for our treat this weekend — double chocolate! I absolutely love your desserts — make them all the time.

84 Andrea July 15, 2011

This looks so amazing! Anything brownie and I’m in :)

85 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats July 15, 2011

These look so much better than the DQ version! :)

86 katie July 15, 2011

I know this would sit much better in my stomach than the last blizzard I had a few weeks ago, ugh! I wonder if a chocolate smoothie as the base would work as I don’t have frozen bananas. I’ll just have to give it a whirl to find out.

87 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 16, 2011

mm thats a good idea :)

88 Amber Schaefer July 15, 2011

Thank you for making so many delicious ‘blizzards’! Please keep them coming! I cannot wait to try this recipe!!!!

89 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 15, 2011

I have GOT to get some cashews so that I can get my hands on these ASAP!

90 Tonya July 15, 2011

I’ve been so excited you are doing the blizzard BSS! Especially chocolate brownie because I’m a total chocoholic.
I have a chronic illness and one of my meds needs potassium to supplement it. Daily bananas is one of the simplest ways.biggest problem I HATE BANANAS and have my whole life but I manage to choke them down daily.
Anyways I recently found out that I have a dairy allergy and although feel better dairy free I really miss ice cream. BSS has been such a thrill for me. I love adding things to it and playing around :) my favorite has been adding cocoa powder & peanut butter.
The other day I wanted to see what’d happen if I made bunch & refroze it. Guess what??? Letting the cocoa & pb sit it covered up the banana flavor!!! You could try that with the brownie balls.
When you refreeze you do have to let it sit for like 10 minutes when you take it out though. After I tried it refrozen for the first time I just wanted to keep smiling. I can feel like I’m eating rEal chocolate ice cream!

91 Katherine July 15, 2011

Hooooow do you take such amazing photos?!?!

92 Lauren @ What Lauren Likes July 15, 2011

I used to love these at DQ! so addicting…. I get so excited every time you crank out a better-for-you version of these blizzards! thanks a bundle :)

93 Ragnhild July 15, 2011

OMG! I am drooling all over my computer- true story!! These looks so so good!

A big congrats to Eric :D

94 rachel July 15, 2011

they have a pumpkin pie blizzard, don’t they? during pumpkin season, you should try to make that one. how amazing would that be!

95 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 16, 2011

yes they do!!

96 Aja July 15, 2011

Thank goodness these things are healthy. I want to eat everything you make!

97 Kelly July 15, 2011

Angela, looks delicious but intimidating for someone like me who is just getting started in the kitchen.

What kind of food processor do you recommend?

Kelly

98 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 16, 2011

I have a Kitchenaid and it’s pretty good! Not perfect but then again ive never come across a processor ive been perfectly happy with. Its my fav so far

99 Pure2raw twins July 15, 2011

Angela I think you need to open up an ice cream shop and sell these..YUMMY!!! I wish I could take a bite right from the screen.

100 Emily July 15, 2011

That’s great!!! :)

101 Char July 15, 2011

Mmmm I have been loving your blizzard posts lately! It’s funny cuz I was starting to think about them now that it’s summer :) will be trying your recipes!! Thanks :)

And congrats to Eric!! :D

102 Lisa C July 15, 2011

Hi Angela,
I left you a comment this morning but see that it didn’t show up? Or maybe we’re not supposed to leave links? I just wanted to leave another comment and make sure you know I wasn’t trying to be spammy. I just thought you’d enjoy the recipe!

103 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 17, 2011

Hey Lisa, links tend to go to spam…I’ll have to look for it!

104 jen July 15, 2011

omg you are evil. i am sitting here at work totally wanting chocolate while being out of healthy foods and then i open this. looks so great! if only i could reach through my computer and grab it. have a good weekend.

105 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 16, 2011

lol…that is the worst!!

106 Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries July 15, 2011

Good God I love you!!! Thank you thank you thank you for this :)

107 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin July 15, 2011

This looks like the best celebration treat ever! Bit congrats to Eric! All that studying combined with everything else sounds so stressful – he must be SO relieved to be done. I hope he has a nice relaxing weekend!

108 Kris July 15, 2011

Two little boys here have you requested you make that for them next week! :)

109 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 16, 2011

they are going to be spoiled! just made a big box of glo bars for them in the freezer right now waiting for them :)

110 Jennifer Baldwin July 15, 2011

OMG everytime i visit your site I get hungry ! I have some Nada Moo in my fridge I may have to try this out with. Have you tried it ?? Dairy-free made with coconut milk ? Delish !!
Thanks and btw … just had buckwheat porridge for the THIRD day in a row :)

111 Emily @ Comfortable Home Life July 15, 2011

CONGRATS to Eric! I hate exams and I’m so glad I never have to take any more if I so choose! I love Dairy Queen and I think your version of the blizzard looks 2104x better than the original!

112 Brooke July 15, 2011

3.5 hour commute? That sounds like torture!!

113 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 16, 2011

yea its brutal :\

114 lindsay July 15, 2011

Wow this looks FABULOUS Angela! You always come up with such amazing recipes. DQ was a huge deal for my family on summer weekends up north in Minnesota, but these days I stick to things like banana soft serve and coconut bliss like you. haha but what a killer combo!

115 Alissa July 15, 2011

Thank you for this!! I will be adding to my grocery list for Sunday so I can’t make them!

116 Susie July 16, 2011

This looks delicious! I am new to this site– what kind/brand of vegan chocolate chips do you use?

117 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 17, 2011

They are ONFO- ontario natural food coop

118 Hayley @ Oat Couture July 16, 2011

Congratulations Eric!! :) Bet thats such a weight off!! And those blizzards look AMAZING btw!!

119 Tara @ Sweat like a Pig July 16, 2011

Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever drooled over my computer screen so much. Unfortunately, these definitely won’t cut it on my training program!

120 Allegra July 16, 2011

MMMM weekend plans just updated (1) THIS recipe after spin and (2) HAVE to convince my parents to invest in a vitamix!!! :) This looks so delicious. Congrats to Eric!

121 Jessie July 16, 2011

Can not wait to try it! I made the chocolate chip ones the other day and my whole family (even my husband who likes nothing healthy) LOVED them!

122 Jessie July 16, 2011

123 Michaela July 16, 2011

happy for your husband!
omg, I am so craving these blizzards right now!!!! they look absolutely delicious!

124 Kristen July 16, 2011

You’re a genius!!! My non-vegan boyfriend goes to DQ all the time and gets that exact blizzard…I already made your cookie dough balls for him with the banana soft serve and he loved it…so I know this will be a big hit! Thank you Angela :)

125 teresa July 16, 2011

Omg…x 1000!!!!!
Angela…this looks beyond fabulous!!!!
You ROCK!
Hugs from Bainbridge!

126 Christine (The Raw Project) July 16, 2011

Congrats to Eric, that’s wonderful! And this looks amazing, something I must make for my hubby. :-) Thanks!

127 sarah@onedayiwillseethesun July 16, 2011

they look amazing, congrats to you both. xx

128 Dayanna July 16, 2011

Oh MY gosh! I just finished my morning run an hour and I am drooling on my keyboard for one of these – can’t to try it! :)

129 VeggieGirl July 16, 2011

I’m thinking of going from vegetarian to vegan, you recipes inspire me :)

130 Living, Learning, Eating July 16, 2011

Your Blizzards look amazing! I’d be vegan, but I can’t give up the ice cream/yogurt/honey quite yet…maybe some day :P

131 Alison July 16, 2011

Oh my gosh… i am pregnant and have been wanting icecream for so long..but have YET to get it yet this pregnancy and im already 32 weeks!! I always knew it would make me feel terrible since I don’t handle dairy and sugar well, so i didn’t bother ever buying it. THANK GOD for your recipe! LOL. I just made this with frozen bananas and oh my gosh…it is even better then icecream! Thank you so much!! :) I love that you show ways to eat healthy without sacrificing taste! :) its just awesome!

132 marla {family fresh cooking} July 16, 2011

These blizzards look amazing. So wish this could be my dinner tonight!

133 Emily July 16, 2011

Yuuuum!!! I love how chocolate and banana taste together so I definitely wouldn’t mind the strong banana flavor! :) Also, congrats to Eric!!

134 digamba July 16, 2011

You’re right…the bananas don’t work. I love bananas but this was just not the right thing…I’m amazed to find I do not like BSS. The brownie dough balls are great, though, and I will try again with some Coconut Bliss or maybe So Delicious.

135 Susan July 17, 2011

What a great idea!

136 Crystal July 17, 2011

Loved these brownie balls! The texture was super and they were so fast to make, the hubs loves them too. Thank you for the recipe!

137 Carissa July 18, 2011

This is now at the top of my list for what to make this week. YUM!!!

138 Teri July 18, 2011

Angela you are WONDERFUL!

139 Nancy May 28, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your recipes and stories. I am newly vegan and struggling to find foods that I really like. I am giving myself time tho, since i have been eating meat for 40 something years before i chose vegan for health reasons.
i LOVE the brownie bites. They taste like milk duds to me, and since my hubby still likes a blizzard now and again… I can enjoy something similar.
Your web site is so beautiful. I was so excited to see all the yummy pictures. I tried the blueberry muffins, and have many more to try too! Thank you again!!

140 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 28, 2012

Thank you Nancy, that means so much to me!

141 Barbara August 18, 2013

The family wiped this out. It was a hit. Thanks!

142 Kathleen Campbell April 1, 2014

Hi ! After trying the Peanut Butter blizzard last night, which was amazing, I think this one will be next on my list to try. I agree with someone, Heath blizzards are the best and definitely one that needs a healthy recipe made for it! Or mint cookie. Or coffee :)

PS- I’m confused… I thought all your recipes were vegan, but I’ve seen some that call for dark chocolate chips. Is it just assumed that you buy vegan dark chocolate chips? Because dark c.c. have milk in them, and I haven’t seen a vegan version, but if there is I’ll keep looking!