Blueberry Vanilla Bean Pancakes with Blueberry Glaze

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on June 23, 2011

Our weekday mornings usually go a little something like this.

We awake to alarm clock #1.

IMG_7892

It’s Sketchie and he’s impatient. He’s been awake prowling the house since who knows when.

I look at the clock and it’s 5:43am.

Meeeeeeeoooooowwwwwwww! Meowwwww. Feed meeeee-ow. Wake up. Meow. Meow. Meow. Meowwwwwww.

IMG_7896

‘Sketchie!!!’

Meow….

Somehow I manage to get a half hour of “quality sleep” until the alarm goes off. I’m happy Sketchie didn’t win.

When the alarm goes off, suddenly, Sketchie is back. This time, he’s kneading my belly like a hunk of pizza dough. It tickles and I laugh like the Pillsbury Doughboy. Sometimes he gets a little carried away and his nails go through the comforter and prick my skin.

I feel loved.

When I come out of the bathroom, I drag Eric out of bed. This always takes a few attempts!

Sketchie and I walk downstairs. He purrs so soft this time and brushes against my leg the whole way down, pretending like his intrusive wake-up call never happened.

I forgive him.

After feeding Sketchie, I challenge myself to make the strongest cup of green tea in the world.

IMG_8701_thumb

I usually win.

I pour a large, unknown quantity of tea leaves into my Bodum loose leaf tea pot and then add a few more for good measure. As it steeps, I head outside to water the garden, anxiously waiting my tea.

IMG_7723-2 IMG_7726-2

By the time I come back in, Eric is enjoying a huge bowl of spelt flakes, raisins, and chia seeds. He eats it in record time and then he spends about 6 hours brushing the chia seeds out of his teeth.

I pour my tea into a travel mug and we fly out the door to drive to the train station. We’re usually always running late and we arrive 60 seconds before it departs. A quick kiss and we part ways.

On this weekday morning, however, things went a bit differently!

IMG_7839

I found out that Eric was working from home today, so I told Eric I would make our favourite breakfast…pancakes!

IMG_7838

I made my usual crazy pancake stacks, this time adding a fun blueberry-vanilla bean twist. (You can check out all my pancake stack recipes here). And did they ever turn out incredible!

IMG_7843

IMG_7842

I had a bunch of blueberries to use up so I threw a cup of them in the batter and then used the rest to make this delicious blueberry glaze.

IMG_7857

To make the glaze, I processed 3/4 cup blueberries with 1 banana. We both really loved it as an alternative to maple syrup!

IMG_7847-2

I love this pancake recipe because it’s made with 100% whole wheat flour and the pancakes are very fluffy and thick. The blueberries were just oozing out of them!

IMG_7855

Sketchie is also a happy cat today.

One of Sketchie’s favourite things in the world is when Eric works from home. He loves to jump up on Eric’s lap to sleep for the afternoon or use his laptop as a butt warmer when he leaves his station. ;)

IMG_7865

In other news, I have a guest post over at Eat Live Run today as well as an interview with Evolving Wellness…check ‘em out!

Have yourself a great Thursday!

kate June 23, 2011 at 8:47 am

I was seriously just thinking of what kind of pancakes I can make for breakfast these look great with a few gluten free adaptations I cant wait to try them :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 8:57 am

Next time I might try and make them with teff flour or buckwheat…hope it works!

eva @5fruitsNveggies June 24, 2011 at 11:30 am

i am just exploring the wonders of teff flour…used them in gingerbread waffles yesterday instead of one of the cups of flour, and works brilliantly…the nutritional profile of teff is amazing and i can make things for my daughter’s best friend who is gluten intolerant

Chris June 20, 2012 at 11:50 pm

I LOVE teff!! they make the heartiest and fluffiest pancakes!!! Ps My partner and I are addicted to your website!!! :D

AdrienneCarolyn June 23, 2011 at 8:48 am

I LOOVVEE your kitty so much! My cat does ALL of the same morning things! So cute (and annoying) :-)

Those pancakes are going to be in my belly after my long run Saturday morning…mark my words…

Peggy @ freshnutrition June 23, 2011 at 8:49 am

I was going to make pancakes for dinner for my son today, am I ever happy that you made some for breakfast, he is going to love these later on. Thanks!!

Dawn @ Blonde on a Mission June 23, 2011 at 8:51 am

LOL your cat is so cute!!! I love those pictures. And those pancakes need to happen in my kitchen likerightnow. My dog is my alarm clock too, although she’s much less subtle. She’ll jump right on my face and start pawing my head.

Lisa Fine June 23, 2011 at 8:51 am

Sketchie is adorable! What bit eyes he has. So cute.

I never seem to make pancakes because they always seem like they’ll take too long, but when they’re made, they’re so delicious. Thanks for the recipe with this fun twist!

Natalie S. June 23, 2011 at 8:52 am

That glaze looks incredible! If I weren’t already at work I’d be whipping myself up some blueberry vanilla bean pancakes ;) Guess I’ll just have to wait for the weekend.

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 23, 2011 at 8:53 am

The glaze is beautiful on those fluffy pancakes! What a great idea! That would make a tasty afternoon snack on a piece of toast as well.

Sketchie is adorable. :)

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} June 23, 2011 at 8:55 am

Wow that blueberry glaze looks perfect! I want some right now. :-)

Hayley @ Oat Couture June 23, 2011 at 8:55 am

Ahhhh these look AMAZING!! I keep seeing fabulous pancakes posts everywhere and i’ve realised I need to step my plain little pancakes up a notch! :) And sketchie is too cute! Our kitty does exactly the same thing every morning! :/

Cait's Plate June 23, 2011 at 8:55 am

Bahahaha! I love Sketchie – such a character :)

LOVE LOVE LOVED your post on Jenna’s site today. I wish I could aptly recreate all your recipes but I don’t think they’d come out nearly as good as yours!

I’ve been seeing a lot of pancakes around the blog world this week and I really think I need to make some this weekend – love how fluffy and soft yours look!

Happy Thursday :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 8:58 am

Thanks Cait! :) I’m sure you would do a wonderful job with the recipes :)

Cait's Plate June 23, 2011 at 9:22 am

Haha I hope so! Want to do those yummy recipes justice ;)

Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry June 23, 2011 at 8:56 am

Those look ridiculously AMAZING. My mouth literally dropped open when I saw the first pancake picture. I HAVE to try these. I’m drooling…
Sketchie is pretty darn cute too ;)

Radha June 23, 2011 at 8:56 am

Pancakes is our Sunday morning ritual. DH has a special pancake plate. It is nice to have unrushed time together in the morning. Loving your blog Angela.

Caroline @ chocolate & carrots June 23, 2011 at 8:59 am

I can see why that would be your favorite breakfast! Looks incredible!!!!

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing June 23, 2011 at 9:02 am

What a wife! ;) This looks delicious — I’ll have to try and recreate it with GF tweaks. Thanks!

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans June 23, 2011 at 9:06 am

Sketchie is so cute! And those pancakes look absolutely amazing!

Dan Brown June 23, 2011 at 9:07 am

Where’d you get that teapot/infuser by the way? It looks great. thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Thanks! Its from here: http://www.bodum.com/us/en-us/shop/prodlist/272/
Dont know if they have the exact same model anymore but they will have similar ones.

danielle June 27, 2011 at 7:53 pm

It is the Bodum Crema Tea press-no longer available on the US Bodum site but available on Amazon-I just bought!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga June 23, 2011 at 9:08 am

Oh that last shot of Sketchie’s booty on Eric’s computer…classic. Nothing like a keyboard warmer for a cat. lol

The pancakes…with the bananas layered in….AMAZING! And I am loving the yellow plates/ yellow accent colors with the blue in the pancakes…super eye-catching! I need more blog linens when I see pics like this…I have one major color family of dishes and linens: pink. <—real versatile, huh :)

Newyorkerbyheart June 23, 2011 at 9:10 am

What a beautiful cat you have!! The pancakes looks amazing and I love you site :-)

Sincerely,
Birthe from Denmark

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 11:14 am

thanks!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet June 23, 2011 at 9:14 am

I never thought to make a blueberry banana glaze like that, yum!

Jen June 23, 2011 at 9:14 am

Your husband definitely got lucky marrying you! I haven’t had pancakes in a while. I have a GF mix that I’ve been meaning to try, but I usually prefer to make pancakes from scratch. I think you should create a GF pancake recipe that looks as good as these do! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 9:21 am

yes thats on my list for sure! :) Maybe this week ;)

Robyn @ Blueberries and Oats June 23, 2011 at 9:15 am

Love the Sketchie photos! My kittens area also my alarm clock but they are not as nice as Sketchie! They’ve learned to just keep walking up and down my body, stepping on my throat until I wake up coughing!

Those pancakes look amazing! I’m not really a pancake person so I’ve never tried one of your pancake stack recipes…but this one is tempting. I’m surprised though, no nut butter?! :O

denise June 23, 2011 at 9:15 am

Your cat is hilarious (and gorgeous)! The pancakes look so delicious!

Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa June 23, 2011 at 9:16 am

Our cat usually wakes me up the same way, and brushes against my legs while I try to make the strongest pot of coffee (some mornings this brushing against my legs totally freaks me out – weird).

I used to love the occasional breakfast with my husband as they didn’t happen too often. Now with his new job, we have breakfast at the same time each morning. Usually something totally different, but it’s nice. Not as special though…

Andrea @ Onion in My Hair June 23, 2011 at 9:17 am

I LOVE all your pics of Sketchie.

Keep ’em coming!

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) June 23, 2011 at 9:20 am

when i make pancakes i love to mash a cold banana on top instead of syrup, or use applesauce and cinnamon. this glaze sounds so good! mmm pancakes. just finished my oats and now i’m hungry again. that usually happens when i read your blog though… hehe

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 9:23 am

I love mashed banana on top of pancakes…This is basically the same effect only with blueberries added in. :)

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes June 23, 2011 at 9:20 am

That glaze is soo clever :) although I love my tapped maple syrup, I can tell this is an AMAZING swap! Great guest post too btw!

jenna June 23, 2011 at 9:29 am

i loved your interview! your mornings sound so cozy! :) i love daily rituals!

LizAshlee June 23, 2011 at 9:32 am

If I were Eric, I would work from home EVERYDAY! Those pancakes look so YUMMY!

Sketchie is quite a character…you must feel so loved!:)

Have a fabulous day! Headed over to check out your guest post:)

brandi June 23, 2011 at 9:33 am

These look so delicious and fluffy!

Shanna, Like Banana June 23, 2011 at 9:34 am

My cats do this too…they meow right in my ear and paw my face. I do my best to ignore…

The Teenage Taste June 23, 2011 at 9:35 am

Wow. These pancakes sound like the perfect way to brighten up a normally ho-hum weekday morning. Blueberries taste so good this time of year! :-)

Emily June 23, 2011 at 9:38 am

Your pancake recipes always look so incredible!

Gloria June 23, 2011 at 9:44 am

Now I kow what I’m having for breakfast tomorrow morning :) You didn’t use a frozen banana for the glaze, right? Though that would be tasty as well!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 10:27 am

Nope but that would be nice too!

Heather (heathers dish) June 23, 2011 at 9:46 am

Holy yum girl! That glaze sounds AH-mazing, as does the rest of the meal ;)

[email protected] DiVa DiSh June 23, 2011 at 9:47 am

I LOVE this!! So moist and fluffly looking!
And sketchie has the BIGGEST eyes :) I would just melt!

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me June 23, 2011 at 9:49 am

Aww Sketchie is so adorable! And those pancakes look divine! I am going to have to try those babies out!

Dana June 23, 2011 at 9:53 am

Skechie is soooooo cute. He is the cutest alarm clock.

JenATX June 23, 2011 at 9:57 am

love love love blueberry pancakes! one of these days you must try a lemon glaze, it works so well with the blueberry mmmmmmm :)

Jackie @ That Deep Breath June 23, 2011 at 10:02 am

those pancakes look great! what a great idea for the glaze. I love that last picture of Sketchie on the keyboard…so funny! my dog uses the top of our couch like a personal throne. he looks like a cat sitting up there!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat June 23, 2011 at 10:03 am

Oooh yummmm, I wish my morning had started this way too!! Sounds delicious Ange! I had to laugh about that 6-hour teeth brushing comment because it’s so true! Going to check out your Evolving Wellness interview now!

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods.com June 23, 2011 at 10:07 am

LOVE that your kitty warms his butt on the lap top. Hysterical genius!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 23, 2011 at 10:08 am

Your weekday still sounds more relaxing than my weekENDS!
These pancakes looks amazing. My husband refuses to eat chia seeds b/c they get stuck in his teeth. The toothbrush comment made me laugh!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) June 23, 2011 at 10:11 am

I have the same alarm clock ! We acutally got into this bad habbit of getting up and feeding her when she’d wake us and that ‘first alarm clock’ got earlier and earlier… Something had to be done when that time was around 5am and earlier. (Plus the third alarm after our ‘real’ alarm goes off.) She now gets fed every morning at 9 which helps… It was SO HARD getting her to stop, but so worth it. hehe This morning my wake up call was at 6:30… not bad, right ? ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 10:25 am

haha I know we refuse to feed sketchie until after we’re up! He usually gives up for a while until we get up.

Katie June 23, 2011 at 10:13 am

I’d probably just eat that glaze on its own. I a glutton like that. :)

Rhona June 23, 2011 at 10:25 am

OMG! Those pancakes looks so delicious. I just love how you use all whole foods in all your recipes. They look so good, are gorgeous and I know are bursting at the seams with vitamins and minerals and excellence for the body. And, from the ones I have tried, are yummers in the tummers. I MUST try these pancakes. I am trying to convince my friends to have a ‘breakfast party’ just so I have an excuse to make a huge batch of your strawberry (or maybe now, blueberry?) pancakes.

Carly June 23, 2011 at 10:36 am

I’m glad I’m not the only one finding chia seeds in my teeth for days ;)

Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' June 23, 2011 at 10:36 am

Ha, I love that Sketchie is your alarm clock. My pup does that to me, too! I really appreciate mornings that she feels lazy and lets me sleep in. ;)

Love your guest posts, too! You are such an inspiration, and I love that you’re getting the great exposure!

Maya June 23, 2011 at 10:38 am

In reference to Sketchy kneading pizza dough, you have to watch this video!

The blueberry glaze looks wonderful, I think I’d do soft serve instead though, as I love that frozen banana taste.

Allison June 23, 2011 at 10:47 am

Angela – I just made whole wheat blueberry pancakes myself last week! http://fitandsplendor.com/2011/06/13/whole-wheat-blueberry-pancakes/

But, I absolutely love the idea of the blueberry / banana glaze topping. Definitely a better alternative to maple syrup.

Beth (Well I'll Be) June 23, 2011 at 10:48 am

I love the idea of using the blueberry/banana puree instead of maple syrup. I love syrup but sometimes it’s a little too sweet for breakfast. This looks like it’d be perfect!

Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker June 23, 2011 at 10:51 am

Your cat is beautiful. And I would have loved these pancakes anyway — because Stephen and I are huge fans of pancakes — BUT that glaze puts them over-the-top. Would you believe I’ve never actually used vanilla bean . . . only extract . . . in all my baking? Maybe it’s time for a trip to the store.

Andrea B. @ Vegvacious June 23, 2011 at 10:54 am

These look awesome! Blueberries are ripe for the pickin’ in just a few weeks & I can’t wait. There’s nothing better than fresh berries! I love the banana mixed in between the pancake stacks!!

Faith @ lovelyascharged June 23, 2011 at 10:55 am

This makes me so glad that blueberries are on sale for $2/box!!!

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons June 23, 2011 at 10:55 am

haha the glaze is the icing on the.. er… pancake! <3 love it! and sketchie is beyonnnnd adorable! =)

Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers June 23, 2011 at 11:00 am

I still haven’t ever made pancakes. I have an unnatural fear of burning them, but I don’t know why. Maybe these will help me overcome my fear. :) By the way, I have that same alarm clock. Annoying but adorable.

Hilary June 23, 2011 at 11:04 am

Hi, I just want to say that I visit your blog regularly and I love it!! And these pancakes look absolutely delicious, I can’t wait to try them. Blueberry pancakes are my favourite, so I can only imagine how wonderful they’d be with vanilla bean and banana!
This perhaps may seem like an odd question, but I was wondering what breed Sketchie is?? He is absolutely beautiful!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Thanks! He is a Bengal.

Alaina June 23, 2011 at 11:04 am

Sketchie is such a beautiful cat!!

My parents used to be woken up by their cats so they sleep down in the basement now. :-)

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat June 23, 2011 at 11:05 am

Oh my, these look so delicious! And I’m totally not a cat person but Sketchie is gorgeous!

Julie @ Shining From Within June 23, 2011 at 11:07 am

I need pancakes like this on the rainy day we’re having over here in NJ!

Jenny June 23, 2011 at 11:09 am

We are celebrating our son’s 2nd birthday this weekend – now I know what his birthday breakfast will be :) Is it Sunday yet??

Liz @ Tip Top Shape June 23, 2011 at 11:11 am

Your recipes always sound so delicious! And they look beautiful, too! I can’t tell you how many times I see the post title on my blog list and think, “I can’t wait to see what this looks like!”. This recipe is no different. This may have convinced me to try homemade pancakes this weekend. I’ve never done attempted them before!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 12:17 pm

what a compliment!Thank you!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape June 23, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I just bought the ingredients. These pancakes are officially being made this weekend :D

Katherine June 23, 2011 at 11:15 am

Gah, that is one gorgeous cat, and those eyes!!!

Nini Compartino June 23, 2011 at 11:16 am

Angela! What a fabulous website you have… I discovered it a couple of weeks ago while browsing for healthy recipes and I now visit everyday. I had a baby 6-months ago and decided to live a healthier lifestyle (gotta lose weight). Your recipes are amazing and YOU are a very inspiring woman. I’m sure you will play a role in my road to success!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Thanks Nini! Goodluck with your new changes :)

Roz June 23, 2011 at 11:18 am

Aren’t cats the BEST????? I didn’t like ’em until I inherited a tabby from an old room mate MANY years ago. That tabby (Raleigh) and I were together for 16 years (we lost him last year :( ) but he added SO much to our home, much like Sketchie does to yours. Now we have Neva. Who is beautiful. And naughty. And we love her to pieces and can’t imagine our life without her. Thanks for sharing more great recipes and photos of your beautiful kitty! Have a great day.

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I wasnt a cat fan until I had sketchie and ‘understood’ how they operate. :) Now I gush about all cats..and of course dogs too

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove June 23, 2011 at 11:21 am

I may have to try that pancake recipe! And the blueberry glaze looks AMAZING. Do you think it could be made with other fruits (like raspberries or strawberries)??

And what a beautiful cat!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 2:59 pm

It would probably work with many fruits!

Sonia (the Mexigarian) June 23, 2011 at 11:30 am

Ah! I know what I’m making Hubby for our anniversary and his birthday! He LOVEs blueberries. And if they’re in/on healthy stacks of pancakes, even better.

My cats start calling at 5am ish as well. I try to ignore them, but when a 15lbs fuzzball decides to sit on your chest and lick at your face, it’s rather hard to.

Kathryn June 23, 2011 at 11:33 am

I call it making muffins when the cats kneed. I always feel loved, annoyed, but loved. I have no time and a black thumb so my dad is growing veggies for me this year. I love going over to cut kale leaves off. I like to cut them nice and small and tender – AMAZING.

Hope you have a great day!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 12:16 pm

LOL ‘making muffins’!!!

kris (everyday oats) June 23, 2011 at 11:43 am

Pancakes are the perfect breakfast! :) And these look fab!

kaila @ healthy helper! June 23, 2011 at 11:46 am

Your pancakes always make my mouth water…..and these are no exception! They look delish! And I love the simple ingredients.

Meg June 23, 2011 at 11:50 am

I would like to know more about this “bodum” tea. Sounds delightful, especially first thing in the morning. I will be trying this delicious looking pancakes. I need to mix up the breakfast meals these days. Eric is a very lucky guy! :)

Teniesha @ Vegan on the Go-Go June 23, 2011 at 12:17 pm

One word: picturesque.
Love you and your blog! <3

Shelley June 23, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I love this post about Sketchie!! My cat literally forces me to pet him while I am still asleep!! And he is ready for breakfast at 5:00a.m. even though he never gets it until 7. It is a sweet way to wake up in the morning, if not sometimes inconvenient.

Katie June 23, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Your cat is the cutest! I love the butt warmer picture. Oh, and my boyfriend’s family calls is “makin’ biscuits” when their cat kneads their tummies. I laughed at the making muffins comment =)

I have the same tea infuser/pot but never end up getting it out and using it. But now I am inspired so maybe I will do that this weekend. thanks!

Luv What You Do June 23, 2011 at 12:25 pm

So funny! We have the same alarm clock. She starts outside our door around 5:30 and gets louder if we don’t answer. Then she is back the second our ‘real’ alarm goes off and once the door opens she is jumping on the bed ready to love!

Your pancakes look fantastic and I will defintly be using my blueberries for that glaze!

Kristin @ wounded fawn June 23, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Sketchy looks bigger than normal. Is he overweight now? Maybe it is just the photo. All three of my kitties are recently overweight from allowing them to free feed and now having them on a kitty diet is Hell! they wake my boyfriend and I up constantly!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 3:06 pm

He’s right the middle of average for a male Bengal. Just weighed at the vet this morning actually. Camera adds 10 pounds, right?

Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner June 23, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Hey.. loved your post on Jenna’s blog today!
Those pancakes look sooo good. I want to eat one (or two ;) ) right now!

Jennie June 23, 2011 at 12:34 pm

My cat has gotten pretty darn good at simulating my alarm with his meow. He comes and sits on my chest and purrs and meows like an alarm clock. Then we do the walk downstairs so he can have his breakfast. Funny thing is, he then does the same thing to my husband who gets up an hour after me. He thinks he is so sneaky and thinks he will get a second breakfast!

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner June 23, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I seriously want these RIGHT NOW!!!!

Wendy Irene June 23, 2011 at 12:40 pm

ooooh coconut! That is just what my pancakes need!

Tichina June 23, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Awe you have such a cute routine <3 Since I started making your coconut pb apple swirl pancakes I am all about making my own "glaze". Sugary maple syrup always makes me regret eating pancakes; but a banana or apple-pb glaze is the perfect healthy substitute :) Yum Yum!

erica June 23, 2011 at 12:53 pm

sketchie! he’s such a beautiful cat!
i love that he wakes you up like that! how cute! :)

Sara (The Veggie Eco-Life) June 23, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Sketchie looks like an awesome cat! Pretty cat-eyes…:)
The pancakes look incredibly yummy! Do you think if I leave out the coconut (we don’t have a very good relationship going on, coconut and me), that I should add a little bit of flour, or just leave the coconut out?

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 23, 2011 at 12:56 pm

How nice that eric is working from home today! Have a good one!

Erin June 23, 2011 at 1:09 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE Sketchie, he’s just so darn cute!! Those pancakes look amazing and so pretty, I must try…thank you for sharing!!

Arielle (Your Vegan Girlfriend) June 23, 2011 at 1:10 pm

These look heavenly!! DO you think if I subbed gluten free pancake mix for the whole wheat flour they would turn out the same? Your pancakes look so pretty :) I want to make my food look like art like yours does. Thank you, as always Angela!

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 23, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Sketchie is honestly one of the most beautiful cats I’ve ever seen! His eyes are gorgeous, and his fur is so shiny and pretty. And your pancakes are just as gorgeous. I love looking at pictures of perfectly fluffy stacks of pancakes and that glaze sounds incredible!

Kelsey June 23, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Angela, this may come out sounding a little weird, but I really want to come live with you, and eat all your delicious eats. Is that cool??

In all seriousness, these look absolutely divine!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco June 23, 2011 at 1:26 pm

I would sit around and dote on how brilliant these are, but I have Blueberry Vanilla Bean Stacked Pancakes with Blueberry Glaze to make. (Thank you, Angela, so very, very much.)

Abby June 23, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Oh my gosh. Those pancakes are so beautiful! Blueberry pancakes are my favorite!

Ruby June 23, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I keep meaning to tell you about New Zealand spinach: it’s what my mum grows in her alotment garden and it is AWESOME spinach. And it does very well, seeds itself, no bugs or problems, so maybe for next year’s spinach? Look it up, I’m not sure if the seeds are sold everywhere. I had some in a GM last year and it was delish.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 23, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I bet this breakfast made Eric want to work from home every day! ;)

jamie @ jamelfamela June 23, 2011 at 2:00 pm

i love your cat’s name! and those pancakes look great!

jamie @ jamelfamela June 23, 2011 at 2:00 pm

i love your cat’s name! and those pancakes look great!

Kathy June 23, 2011 at 2:10 pm

You crank out recipes in no time! Not that I’m complaining ;)
Don’t you need a frozen banana + maybe frozen blueberries?

Angela June 23, 2011 at 2:24 pm

That first photo is what I wake up every morning. It’s sometimes a bit of a shock to open your eyes and have a little cat face staring back at you! Have you seen the Simon’s Cat video ‘Cat Man Do’? It’s something that every cat owner can relate to.

Emily June 23, 2011 at 2:46 pm

HAHAHA those pictures of your cat are hysterical!
And the pancakes look so flippin sweet.
Reading all the amazing recipes you come up with, I’m tempted to switch back to being vegan again!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 23, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Do you deliver!?! How amazing do these look!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 5:30 pm

yes I deliver…straight to my belly! haha

DG June 23, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I love your website, Angela, but I have one problem. I can’t have bananas, and you put it in every green monster, this pancake sauce, etc. Do you have any suggestions for substitutes, particularly for the green monster?

Lauren June 23, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I second this! I wish i could make some of your recipes but the banana always stops me!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Why not try other sweet fruits? Mango, pineapple, and cantaloupe are all awesome in a GM! :) As are cherries.

As for other recipes, sometimes I see people substitute applesauce for banana puree, but of course, it would depend on the recipe.

Mastering Public Health (@MasPublicHealth) June 23, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Yogurt — (I use non-dairy rice yogurt or almond yogurt, like Ricera or Almande) — also makes a good banana substitute (sweet thickener), in my experience.

DG June 24, 2011 at 11:36 am

Thanks! I guess if you ever make a GM without banana and feel like sharing a successful recipe, that would be great. :)

Aja June 23, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I love your cat. He’s so pretty.

Cassidy June 23, 2011 at 4:03 pm

These look ah-mazing. And Sketchie is sooooo cute!

Shannon ~ My Place In The Race June 23, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Such a sweet kitty! :D

[email protected] June 23, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Ummmm this is like–dessert! But healthy hearty dessert ;)

Nicole June 23, 2011 at 4:39 pm

literally foaming at the mouth..so good!!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) June 23, 2011 at 4:58 pm

hahah my two cats sound very similar to Sketchie!!!

Molly @ RDexposed June 23, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Good God..cat’s will always scare me.

[email protected] June 23, 2011 at 5:48 pm

your cat is the cutest cat i have ever seen!!!!!
and those pancakes look like heaven!

Christine (The Raw Project) June 23, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Sketchie is adorable, my cats go through similar antics to get me out of bed. And somehow my hubby can sleep right through it. :-)

The pancakes look amazing!

Kelly (Rah Raw) June 23, 2011 at 6:46 pm

IHOP has got nothing on your pancakes!!! They look so good! *bookmarking this page* I am having a contest on my blog if you want to check it out :)

O.C. June 23, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Aww Sketchie is such a pretty cat!
Your pancakes look awesome. Your husband is so lucky to get to wake up to an amazing breakfast like that :)

Lauri (Redheadrecipes.com) June 23, 2011 at 7:32 pm

WOW- Sketchie’s eyes are are gorgeous… and so BIG!

I really think you have the BEST pictures in all of ‘blog world’!

And I really enjoyed reading your post on ELR today!

wendy June 23, 2011 at 7:57 pm

I love your site! I have always been a veggie lover, but in November I suddenly was unable to eat dairy. Forcing our little family of a now 2 year old and a meat and potato man to eat what I adapted from recipes and cooked. :) Happily since I found your site about 3 weeks ago I have made at least 10 of your wonderful recipes and everyone is happy! THANK YOU! and keep it up!
wendy

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Thanks Wendy! Im happy to hear that :)

Christina @ The Athletarian June 23, 2011 at 8:57 pm

WOW WOW WOW! These look so good!

Be my personal chef please and thanks.

I LOVE those pics of Sketchie! SO CUTE!

Meredith June 23, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Such adorable pictures of Sketchie!

Those pancakes look incredible, definitely trying these soon!

laura June 23, 2011 at 9:52 pm

This looks marvelous!
Sketchie is so adorable. :)
Do you know the nutrition facts for the pancakes?

Namaste Gurl June 23, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I think I just got hungry again and I just finished dinner! :)
Wow, definitely making these for the fam– they look fabulous! You most def know good food and presentation!

Justeen @ Blissful Baking June 23, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I love your pancake stacks! This one looks SO GOOD! Blueberry pancakes are my favorite :) I wish I had time for this on weekday morings, but I will definitely save it for the weekend!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh June 23, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Oh my, those look amazing! I’ll have to get blueberries at the market this weekend. How thoughtful of Sketchie to keep hubby’s computer warm for him! :-)

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food June 23, 2011 at 11:37 pm

Sketchie, your eyes are glowing! :P

loving the glaze mmm mm! :)

Katrina June 24, 2011 at 12:04 am

Love the blueberry glaze! Great recipe. So tasty looking.

Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers June 24, 2011 at 1:36 am

Ooh, those pancakes look good. I may have to try those sometime soon. And my Boston Terrier puppy sits on my laptop, too! I try to get him to lay somewhere else, but he’s very persistent. :)

Erin @ WholesomeRD June 24, 2011 at 8:08 am

Awe Sketchie is such a cutie! These pancakes look amazing – can’t wait to try them on a Sunday morning!! :)

Halley (Blunder Construction) June 24, 2011 at 8:09 am

I’ve missed Sketchie posts on here, glad to see he made his way into this post! But seriously, what are we supposed to do about our cat alarm clocks? I think I might try locking my cat (Jelly) into the bathroom if he wakes me up at 5:30. Even then, he’ll just meow until we let him out. No sleep for the weary.

Arielle June 24, 2011 at 8:37 am

Oh wow, those looks great! I love making pancakes, had them this morning, in fact. I’ll have to make those next week, but I think I’ll use blackberries since I’ve got a ton of those right now.

Melissa Daams June 24, 2011 at 9:23 am

beautiful cat :)

Gloria June 24, 2011 at 10:54 am

I made these this morning, and my sister and I both loved them. I just had to drizzle some almond butter over top though! haha It’s a bad habit ;)

eva @5fruitsNveggies June 24, 2011 at 11:31 am

love the cat on the computer

Karen Faivre June 24, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Every time I make pancakes I’m stumped over what to put on top. Now I know – fruit blended with banana – duh! Can’t wait to try it out; thanks for the inspiration. And that Sketchie, what a gorgeous cat!

Amanda @ Still Life with Duck June 24, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Sketchie is too cute!

Brooklyn June 28, 2011 at 9:45 pm

The last photo looks like Oscar the Grouch!

Keegan June 29, 2011 at 7:41 am

I made these the other day for my parents who are sugar addicts, and surprise surprise…. they loved them!!! My dad doesn’t even know what vegan is but has a new-found interest in that genre of food because of these pancakes. I bow down to any recipe that can make him eat better :-D

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 29, 2011 at 9:03 am

Thats great to hear!

Kelly June 29, 2011 at 10:39 am

LOVE the pancake recipe! I tried it the day after you posted it, the fruit is a GREAT substitute for pancake syrup! Since making this I’ve started seeing what else works great in the food processor: This morning–strawberries and banana for a bagel topping!

Beth July 2, 2011 at 9:08 am

I made these this morning after my long run, and they were delicious! Somehow I forgot to add the water to the wet mixture but they still turned out alright, and my husband devoured them. Who needs eggs anyway? :)

Beth July 2, 2011 at 9:13 am

By the way, Sketchie is gorgeous. Those eyes are amazing!

Kathy July 7, 2011 at 10:53 am

Do you think we can use frozen blueberries, Angela?

Amy July 11, 2011 at 8:11 am

Hi Angela,

Love the blog! I just started drinking green tea and I’d like to know what brand name your brewer is and where you bought it. I’m in Canada but having a bit of trouble finding one. Here in Nova Scotia everyone is very adament on their bagged black tea :p

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 11, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Hey Amy! Its a Bodum brand teapot. They have a website you can check out with all their products…enjoy! I love mine.

Dominique April 10, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I tried making these at home and they were absolutely delicious!!! The glaze was so amazing, I loved it! If I had the time (and fresh blueberries all year) I would make them everyday. Also, that cat is adorable, what is it with cats and sitting on laptops, mine does the same haha

Vegan Radhika Sarohia February 11, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Awesome post!! As usual
I Googled “vegan blueberry glaze” cause I need to make one for this raw vegan lemon pudding thing I’m making, and this blog entry came up among the first few results
Anyway, what a delicious breakfast. Your cat looks gorgeous and the blueberry pancakes look totally delicious:D

Marissa April 13, 2013 at 11:39 pm

We are making pancakes tmrw. I usually don’t partake and that’s no fun! With this recipe – mama will eat them too! Thank you, Angela! Your site, recipes, story and spirit are amazing!!

Amy M January 24, 2015 at 9:32 am

Your recipes never disappoint! Even a recipe from 3.5 years ago! Thank you Angela! :) This is exactly what I wanted this morning!

Lavina March 24, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Thank you SO much Angela! Made these today with spelt flour, omitted the coconut and topped it with the glaze and some nutella – they were soft, fluffy, and sooo incredibly delicious!

I absolutely love your blog and have learned so much through it, thank you for your handwork and thank you for sharing your talent!

Sending you lots of love from Dubai xx