Vegan Lentil Walnut Loaf with Sweet Potato

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on April 5, 2011

IMG_4015

Despite what you may think, living with a food blogger is not always peachy! Aside from the new dishes, plentiful leftovers, and a freezer packed with goodies, there are dishes, messes, computer troubles, steep grocery bills, minor breakdowns, and taste-testings gone wrong.

Despite all of this, Eric’s biggest complaint is that I rarely make the same dish more than once! In the name of new blog content, I try to make new recipes so I have fun things to post for you guys, but in the process I often leave fabulous recipes in the dust.

So last weekend, we came up with a few favourite recipes from our past and I said I would make a couple off this list each week to bring back some classics!

Currently on our favourites list:

The Ultimate Vegan Lentil Walnut Loaf, which I adapted from the Clean Food Cookbook (original cookbook recipe is here), is first on the list. Last night, I set out to make the loaf once again, but I decided to add sweet potato for a fun twist.

IMG_3946

How can you go wrong with sweet potato? You just can’t.

IMG_3962

Ok, maybe there was that one time.

IMG_3992

For brevity’s sake, I won’t type out the entire recipe again, but I will tell you what changes I made for this version:

Modifications to Ultimate Vegan Lentil Walnut Loaf:

• 3/4 cup grated sweet potato
  • 1/2 cup raisins (instead of 1/4 cup)
  • Increased toasted walnuts to 1 cup (amped up the crunchy texture!)
  • Omitted carrot and apple
  • Added 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
  • Increased thyme to 1.5 tsp
  • Added pinch of garlic powder

First version is here.

IMG_3950 IMG_3951IMG_3956

IMG_3960 IMG_3962

IMG_3970

We usually have applesauce and sautéed greens on the side, but I was out of both, so I made a salad.

IMG_3964

I sprinkled romaine with Energizing Protein Power Salad, added some chopped tomato, and homemade Better than bottled balsamic vinaigrette. It was delish!

IMG_3999

So which version did I like better?

The first version because it held together better. Taste wise? They both taste awesome. This version had a more crunchy and chewy texture thanks to the increased raisins and walnuts.

I’m thinking about all kinds of mix-ins you could use for this recipe. I’m sure it would work with many ingredients and it would probably be amazing with fresh herbs too.

IMG_4001

For breakfast, I started with a super green juice blend.

IMG_3937

Cleansing Green Juice

• 1 apple
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 cup Dandelion (blended in after)

Instead of juicing the Dandelion, I blended it in my Vita-mix with the juice. My juicer (Breville Fountain Juice Plus) does not juice greens well and I find it to be a waste because not much juice comes out. I prefer to juice ‘worth while’ veggies only and then blend in any greens afterwards. I feel like I get more bang for my buck this way. The clean up for 2 machines is not great though so I don’t do this often!

Not long after, breakfast was calling my name from the fridge! Don’t you love it when the breakfast fairy prepares breakfast for you?

IMG_3939

IMG_3944

Yum.

Updates:

1) In case you missed it on the weekend, I have a brand new Search bar installed on the right side bar of the blog. If you have tried searching the blog before you probably were frustrated that it didn’t work well. This new one is amazing and I hope that you will be able to find things much quicker! I’m very impressed with it so far. Go check it out and give it a try!

2) My Recipes page is up to date from the past week.

3) Check out this post for a homemade & all-natural drain cleaner (only two ingredients!) that I’m loving lately.

Happy Birthday to my Best Bud Allison! She is a new mommy, a new dentist, and one of the most awesome girls I know. XO

IMG_7647

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 5, 2011 at 9:07 am

man anything with sweet potatoes + meatloaf is a winner to me! :)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 5, 2011 at 9:09 am

This sounds delish Ange! I loved your lentil walnut loaf at Thanksgiving and I’m pretty sure the sweet potato version would be the bomb!! I also have a habit of always making new recipes, rather than going back to my tried-and-tested, already-posted ones. I think I might revisit a few this weekend. :)

kristy @ kristyruns.com April 5, 2011 at 9:09 am

Ohhh! I love a little crunch in my oats! Looks so good!

[email protected] April 5, 2011 at 9:10 am

I love lentil loaves and this one sounds amazing with the addition of sweet potatoes! I actually have a bunch on hand so I might have to try this out. I love sweet potato ff too but often burn them I feel like they go from raw to charred in minutes if you dont watch out haha :)

Lauren April 5, 2011 at 9:10 am

Those oats looks wonderful, I’ve been looking for a way to use up some of my strawberries!

Jessica April 5, 2011 at 9:12 am

I made this lentil loaf from your website…it is amazing….i could eat the glaze with my finger…oh wait i did…

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 5, 2011 at 9:40 am

no shame ;)

Amber K April 5, 2011 at 9:12 am

That is exactly why I could never blog every day. I repeat recipes…a lot! I find a new love and then want to eat it all the time :)

I am totally going to go clean my drain! I have never been so excited to clean…but it sounds so easy!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 5, 2011 at 9:40 am

it is like a mad science experiment…so much fun!

Peggy @ freshnutrition.net April 5, 2011 at 9:13 am

Was totally at a loss of what to make for dinner, with some sweet potatoes calling my name, I am now making lentil loaf! Thanks for providing me a sense of direction.

Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) April 5, 2011 at 9:14 am

I LOVED the look of the orginal loaf, and this one looks even BETTER if that’s possible!! I HAVE to make this!! :D

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe April 5, 2011 at 9:17 am

I have never tried a veggie loaf of any kind, this looks like a great one to start with!

Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa April 5, 2011 at 9:20 am

We love the lentil walnut loaf! It’s been a while since we have made it as well so I need to get that back in the rotation soon!

Cait's Plate April 5, 2011 at 9:21 am

YUM! I love lentils, walnuts and sweet potato individually but I’ve never thought to try them together. That’s why I love your site! So many inventive ideas!!

That’s oatmeal doesn’t look half bad either ;)

kelli April 5, 2011 at 9:26 am

what a brilliant idea to blend the greens in! thanks for sharing!!!

Jennifer @ keepitsimplefoods.com April 5, 2011 at 9:32 am

I’ve been meaning to make that lentil loaf for a while now. Love the addition of sweet potato!

Jennifer @ keepitsimplefoods.com April 5, 2011 at 9:33 am

Soooo happy about the new search bar! I had a heck of a time finding your recipe for hummus soup- I ended up having to Google it. Ha! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 5, 2011 at 9:39 am

hehe I know my old search was HORRIBLE! I used to have to google my own recipes hahah

Heather (heathers dish) April 5, 2011 at 9:33 am

Oh yum, I want this for breakfast! If only I were at home to make and enjoy this instead of work… ;)

Hannah April 5, 2011 at 9:38 am

It’s so great to see what your favorite recipes are–it’s true, there are so many on here that are worth repeating on a regular basis! Eric must be very glad to have such an innovative cook in the house :D

Maria @ Oh Healthy Day April 5, 2011 at 9:44 am

I haven’t had OO in such a long time and made a batch of original for this morning. Let’s just say I woke up and was out of bed BEFORE the alarm went off :)

Baking 'n' Books April 5, 2011 at 9:44 am

I was thinking of doing up a meat-loaf the other day and remembered your lentil loaf once. I have cans of lentils but don’t know what to do with them.

I should try this :)

Julie @ Shining From Within April 5, 2011 at 9:45 am

all your juices looks so so refreshing lately! I am super obsessed with VOO right now, esp with the warm weather right around the corner. they are so refreshing and cool in the morning + all your parfait pictures give me grrr-eat ideas. love love love. I wish I could eat breakfast (OATS!!!) for every meal :)

Lauren at Keep It Sweet April 5, 2011 at 9:47 am

Nice post with so many recipes! Those oats look delish!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope April 5, 2011 at 9:52 am

Great idea to go back and experiment! Both recipes sound delicious, and it’s fun to switch things up!

Where do you buy Dandelions? I can never seem to find them in the store and I’d love to try them out.

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 5, 2011 at 10:59 am

Whole Foods has them :)

Holly @ The Runny Egg April 5, 2011 at 9:59 am

That loaf looks incredible! I absolutely love the color of the sauce on top — it is so beautiful!

Megan (Running Foodie) April 5, 2011 at 10:01 am

I made the original lentil loaf for dinner last night (it’s one of my husband’s FAVORITE recipes), but I might have to make it again this week with your new changes. Yum!

faith @ lovelyascharged April 5, 2011 at 10:02 am

I’m also guilty of forgetting some of my best recipes! Of course I have some staples, but some of my favorite dishes have been one-time-only appearances :(

Felicia (a taste of health with balance) April 5, 2011 at 10:03 am

i am definitely going to try adding buckwheat to overnight oats! i am a huge fan of crunch and different textures, so i’m sure this will be great :)

Lauren April 5, 2011 at 10:11 am

My boyfriend has that same complaint. I’m trying to be better though. The walnut lentil loaf was one of my favorite recipes I’ve stolen from you :) And considering I have about 6 sweet potatoes lurking in my kitchen right now maybe I should try this version. P.S. I’m eaing VOOs as we speak… er, write?

[email protected] Sweet Life April 5, 2011 at 10:17 am

Oh yum-looks gorgeous!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape April 5, 2011 at 10:20 am

So much awesome stuff in this post!!! The improved vegan loaf looks absolutely delicious!!!

Ashley April 5, 2011 at 10:22 am

If only I could cook that loaf in the toaster… :) Very funny, I had overnight oats with rolled oats + buckwheat yesterday too! First time I’ve done that combo. Loved the crunch! The colors in your photos are just outstanding…I think I need a lightroom tutorial from you!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty April 5, 2011 at 10:22 am

I LOVE your savory recipes!! I might make this today actually!!

Gail April 5, 2011 at 10:24 am

I use vinegar and baking soda with all of my cleaning. I usually make a solution of 1/2 vinegar, 1/2 water in a spray bottle. I use that everywhere – my countertops, mirrors, appliances, windows, etc. For my floors I use a big bucket of water with some vinegar. For stubborn spots on my counters, and the soap film in my shower, I use a bunch of baking soda, then spray the vinegar mixture (I love watching and hearing it bubble), use some elbow grease, and clean it comes. I actually think this stuff works so much better than any cleaner you can get in the store, my mirrors really sparkle. It’s probably because it doesn’t leave behind a residue. And vinegar is a natural anti-bacterial. Unfortunately, my bathroom drains get that nasty biofilm, so I have to unscrew the elbow of the drain under my sink and clean that stuff out with a papertowel. I read somewhere where enzymatic cleaners will help prevent that stuff, so I’m going to try it out. Yuck!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 5, 2011 at 10:57 am

I use it for so many things too! I have a bottle with vinegar and water for light cleaning. I also use vinegar and water on hardwood. My goal is to switch over to 80-90% homemade cleaners this year, but I need to buy a couple things like Borax to test a couple recipes. :)

AGS @ West With Flight April 5, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Borax is great — just be sure to purchase it in bulk containers. Also, my husband (who is OCD about cleaning) actually called the manufacturer of the tub we installed in our condo to find out how best to clean it. The answer: baking soda and water. Anything else is actually “too harsh.”

Gail April 6, 2011 at 10:34 am

Isn’t that interesting? I always love it when it’s something simple (and cheap) like that. If you have granite counters, you’re not supposed to use vinegar and water. I don’t know why. I think the only thing I buy at the store anymore is detergent – for my clothes and dishes. But I buy Ecover from the natural foods store. So, hopefully it’s less impacting to the environment. The enzyme cleaner I got was from the natural foods store too. I still read the label, though :0)

Aaron April 5, 2011 at 10:26 am

Mmm… I love nut loaves!! There is an excellent one I made recently from the Canadian Living Vegetarian Cookbook…delish!

Michelle April 5, 2011 at 10:27 am

Angela, I have to tell you that this vegan walnut loaf is SO SO good. Like, even my carnivore of a husband thinks it’s fantastic. I’ve made it two times and have had to hold myself back from devouring the entire thing!

Mary (what's cookin' with mary) April 5, 2011 at 10:30 am

Still no grater attachment, eh ? ;)

I love all things veggie loaf. I remember as a kid when my Mom would make us eat her walnut loaf, my brother and I would make gagging sounds… not bc it tasted nasty, but bc it looked like a huge mound of brown … stuff. Now though, I love them. I wonder why your other version held together better ? I once made Giada de Laurentes’ recipe from foodnetwork for my family and everyone loved that one too, but it does NOT hold together.

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 5, 2011 at 10:56 am

I think it was because I didn’t process as many lentils as I did in the first version!

Gen April 5, 2011 at 10:38 am

Yuuum! I love sweet potato in anything! :D

Moni'sMeals April 5, 2011 at 10:39 am

I love it! Is it lunch time yet, papaplease? I have still not made a “lentil loaf” but I am motivated right now, big time!

Your hair cut is adorable!

Have a great day Angela.

michaela April 5, 2011 at 10:39 am

Hi you have buy dandelion in Canada? I mean I live in Europe and we have dandelion everywhere on sidewalk it grows like weed so we have green juice and green smoothie with dandelion for free also with neetle:-)I am glad I am not myself who needs second breakfast after greenjuice. I drink 32 ounces or more and I am hungry within an hour. I am very skinny so I do not want to take any fast till noon only with green juice or smoothie.

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 5, 2011 at 10:55 am

hehe yes I buy organic dandelion occasionally, even though in the summer Eric says he will gladly pick me some from the yard! ;)
Fresh juice would never fill me up! My reg breakfast is always needed.

Lesley Lifting Life April 5, 2011 at 11:13 am

This looks amazing! You certainly CANNOT go wrong with sweet potatoes :)

michaela April 5, 2011 at 11:15 am

Thanks a lot. I run in the morning after green juice or smoothie so it is impossible for me not to eat breakfast I would feel dizzy.Even when I do not run I have to eat solid breakfast within an hour. I am glad I am not alone:-)

Marina April 5, 2011 at 11:16 am

I was thinking today how I should make this tomorrow, and now, with you posting this recipe, specially with sweet potato, I just have to!

Andrea B. @ Vegvacious April 5, 2011 at 11:16 am

I’ve had your lentil loaf bookmarked for a while now and I think it’s high time I got around to trying it….& with sweet potato?!?? I’ll definitely be using that add-in!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 5, 2011 at 11:33 am

I rarely make the same thing twice either, and that irritates the heck out of my husband! Whoops!

Caroline April 5, 2011 at 11:37 am

Could you put together a recipe category for things like salad dressings and sauces? I know I’ve read about tasty sounding salad dressings, but the only one I can ever find is the sweet and tangy dressing because it’s the only one that appears in a post title on the recipe page!

Victoria April 5, 2011 at 11:39 am

Just printed the creamy avocado pasty recipe – dinner tonight! Thanks! BTW – you really are so luminescent…completely “glowing” in the picture with your friend. That really inspires me to eat better!

Sam @ the neurotic yogini April 5, 2011 at 11:42 am

I think it’s about time I give this recipe a shot! Never made my own lentil/nut loaf but they are sooo tasty I know it’s high time I try it!!! :D

Kristi @ KristiAteIt April 5, 2011 at 11:44 am

I tried a variation of the lentil loaf last week. It was SO good! I am def. going to be trying this version too. Now I want to try those overnight oats. For some reason strawberries in it sounds so good right now.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg April 5, 2011 at 11:48 am

Ha– that’s a funny complain to have, but you know– it makes sense!!!

Mama Pea April 5, 2011 at 11:49 am

I am all for bringing back the favorites. I started doing a Recipes Worth Repeating series on my blog, but somehow got busy making new things. I need to hit repeat! My family misses the winners!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 5, 2011 at 11:49 am

The lentil loaf looks so great but a bit too time consuming for when I’m hungry RIGHT NOW. =)

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 5, 2011 at 11:50 am

Emily @ One Sweet Vegan April 5, 2011 at 11:55 am

I always cook new things instead of going back to the old favorites too!

Noelle April 5, 2011 at 12:01 pm

My husband says the same thing! I never make the same thing twice unless he really requests it. :D

Sophia @ Raven Waves April 5, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Love that you bring back some of your fave classics! I’m pretty new here, so now I get to catch up!

Katie @ Finding My Om April 5, 2011 at 12:20 pm

That lentil loaf looks sooooo good! I may have to make that for the boyfriend in the near future! Your pictures are always so colorful and beautiful! :)

Justeen @ Blissful Baking April 5, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Any recipe with walnuts and sweet potato in the title immediately has my attention! This version of the loaf looks soooo yummy!

Roz April 5, 2011 at 12:37 pm

That looks sooooo good! I’ll have to try it when my husband is out of town. It’s not his cup of tea, but it is mine!!!

Geneviève April 5, 2011 at 1:02 pm

You just took one of my favourite recipes of yours and made it even BETTER!! I didn’t even think that could be possible! Sweet potato is my new love. :)

Richelle April 5, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I absolutely loved your vegan lentil walnut loaf. I only have one slice left in the freezer and need to make more soon. Your juice looks very refreshing!

Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day April 5, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I know what you mean about not making the same thing twice…

Love the addition of sweet potatoes to the lentil loaf

Lucy @ The Sweet Touch April 5, 2011 at 1:27 pm

This recipe looks great!
I wonder if you cooked the sweet potato ahead of time and mashed it before mixing it in if it would hold together better? I might have to experiment!

Charlie April 5, 2011 at 1:35 pm

These vegan overnight oats sound yummy! Love the crunch part :).

Hannah @ Healthy Life April 5, 2011 at 1:43 pm

That green juice looks so refreshing and cleansing!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) April 5, 2011 at 1:58 pm

When I saw lentil loaf, my heart skipped a beat b/c I remember that was the recipe that took you like 6 tries to get it right…and you went back for more…and tweaked it, again :) I cannot follow a recipe twice to save my life.

And I almost never make the same thing….why bother. It’s used content. lol

It’s so ironic though that you posted this b/c I actually re-made a dessert AND re-photographed it over the weekend. 99% of the time I never do that. In my blogging career there are probably only a half dozen recipes I’ve ever remade AND rephotographed. It just is so time consuming!

Oh and new dishes…I spent $30 bucks on dishes last week and posted about them…and got accused of having a shopping addiction. So I laughed when I read your opening line…yes, bloggers have new dishes. It’s our “job” :)

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn April 5, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Happy birthday to your franddd! Slash loaves are my. favorite. I especially like the sound of sweet when there will likely also be a salty component:)

[email protected] April 5, 2011 at 2:04 pm

hahhaa how funny~my fiance told me once or twice that I never actually go back to an old recipe. that juice loooks sooo refreshing….

Jennifer April 5, 2011 at 2:15 pm

On an unrelated note…I made your ultimate oatmeal raison cookies last night. they are AMAZING. I was blown away! Thank you for this awesome recipe!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 5, 2011 at 2:34 pm

glad you like them!

Ashley April 5, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I have the same problem! I make a lot of quick and easy recipes, but I can never seem to keep a list of them for when we’re searching. Making a list is a great idea!
I’ve been meaning to make this lentil loaf– it looks amazing. But first, I found out today that I’m back to work again (we’d been on a job freeze) so I’m off to make some baked vegan doughnuts!

Aspin231 April 5, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for quite a while now, but never commented before.

That orange thing you added to your loaf? That would be a yam, m’dear. A sweet potato resembles a large, oblong, yellow potato. Maybe the terminology is different for our areas, but it’s one of my pet peeves; so many people can’t tell them apart! :-)

Keep the delicious recipes coming, Angela! I’m so glad to have run in to this blog.

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 5, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Really? That’s odd! Why would the grocery store label it as a sweet potato?

Andrea April 5, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Yams, Sweet Potatoes…..on going debate. In Canada the stores generally label the orange root vegetable Yams and the yellow, Sweet Potatoes. However Sometimes they both ring up at the till under Sweet Potato. In the US , the orange Yams are called Sweet Potatoes and the yellow ones, yams. I would have to agree that Sweet Potato would be a great name for the orange ones as they are very sweet. I have always called them Yams. Either way they are booth some of my favorite foods.

Thanks for this site, it has opened up a whole new world of healthy thinking and eating!! Your Date squares were a favorite even to my picky husband who asked last night at dinner, is this a real mac n cheese or you “special” one. I have done so much cooking and baking from your site that I have blown up my food processor. Shopping for a new one but don’t know which to pick. I want to know how many loads of dishes get done in your house? I do up to 5 on busy cooking days…………..and there is only 3 of us. Andrea

Aspin231 April 5, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Strange, strange world we live in. Oh well. :-)

Stacy @ LoveDiscoveryGratitude April 5, 2011 at 3:00 pm

That looks interesting! And those vegan overnight nights sound exceptional :)

Ally C April 5, 2011 at 3:07 pm

So happy for the new search bar, I was having to use google too!

I’m trying to train myself to incorporate a variety of fruits/vegetables into my diet. I tend to stick to the same ones… I shall begin this week with the avocado pasta I completely forgot you made :)

I’m off to make the VOO and make some drains sparkle!
Thanks for the massive post!

Mariah April 5, 2011 at 3:24 pm

im drooling over the loaf right now!!!plus your pictures are always so amazing im jealous haha :)

Alexa @ Simple Eats April 5, 2011 at 4:11 pm

This loaf looks amazing! I’m sure even though living with a food blogger is hard, Eric must reap the benefits more often than not!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 5, 2011 at 5:40 pm

I LOVE that recipe from Clean Food! And I like I love your idea to add sweet potato even more. I can’t wait to try out this version.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 5, 2011 at 5:40 pm

*I think I love.

Emma (Namaste Everyday) April 5, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I hated meatloaf as a child, but I love the looks of this lentil loaf! Maybe I will make it for my family in the near future…

Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 5, 2011 at 6:01 pm

oooh I must add this to my must make list! Looks delish!

Susan April 5, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Ange – I moved back home and am living next door to Allison’s parents again! Such a small world! My mom will be very excited to know she’s a new mommy :)

Tanya April 5, 2011 at 6:29 pm

The lentil walnut loaf has been a staple since you first posted it. I use red lentils and they are usually mushy when they’re done so I don’t process them. I can’t wait to add sweet potato next time.
Love the search bar. so much easier to find recipes. thank you.

[email protected] April 5, 2011 at 7:18 pm

I LOVE lentil walnut loaf! I’ve made Jenna’s recipe for it before and would love to try yours- I love the sweet potato addition!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit April 5, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Kevin and I were having the same conversation. He asked when I was going to make carob cookies again and I said uhh when I can think of another way to modify them! There have also been multiple times where I’ve woken him up at the wee hours of the morning to help me with a do or die technical situation. It sure takes a lot of patience + love to be married to a blogger.
I love your lentil loaf recipe. I still have to give it a try, but it looks absolutely fab!

Hilary April 5, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Looks colourful, creative and tasty! :)

[email protected] Gluten-Less Foodie April 5, 2011 at 9:42 pm

I couldn’t agree more! I’m craving dishes from months ago!!

Sandra April 5, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I’m looking for a new dentist. Is Allison in the Halton area?

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 6, 2011 at 8:34 am

nope, sorry!

DessertForTwo April 5, 2011 at 11:07 pm

This recipe made me so grateful to have an iPhone! I saw this recipe this morning in my google reader and wanted to make it, but forgot to print it out before going grocery shopping. I pulled it up on my phone and bought all the ingredients to make it! Can’t wait to get cookin’! Thanks for sharing!

Erin April 5, 2011 at 11:54 pm

I love your recipe for the Lentil Walnut Loaf, I have made it a few times, the second time I made it I used red lentils instead of green and found that it held together perfectly without even processing it! Awesome recipe though :)

[email protected] Dishes Daily April 6, 2011 at 12:14 am

That lentil loaf looks incredible. I am the same way. Every time I find a winning recipe…I feast off the leftovers and then I never make it again.

Sabine @ thefruitpursuit April 6, 2011 at 12:56 am

Hey Ange I don’t know if it’s of any ‘concern’ to you so if it’s not, go ahead and forget what I said ;). it is very beneficial to juice greens since the bio availability goes way up by doing so. much more so than with blending (although this also helps of course). I have a centrifugal juicer as well, one thats not really meant for juicing greens, however if you bundle your greens up tightly, put them in with the motor off, and put something heavy on top of it, like an apple, it works really well! you just need to make sure your blades can catch the greens!

x

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 6, 2011 at 8:33 am

I didnt think of that, but thanks for the tip…makes sense :)

Whitney April 6, 2011 at 2:59 am

If you put the pulp through the juicer a second time the greens will juice!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 6, 2011 at 8:33 am

interesting thanks!!

Sarah-Mae @ Eat, Run, Knit April 6, 2011 at 5:45 am

Seeing your Strawberry Banana Crunch Vegan Overnight Oats reminded me of all my frozen berries from last summer. Combined with ripe bananas that I purchased for 50% off at the grocery store earlier this week and I HAD to have your SBCVOO :P DELICIOUS!

The Teenage Taste April 6, 2011 at 6:20 am

I’ve had my eye on your lentil loaf and avocado pasta dishes for a while now. I think this Friday I am finally going to make the lentil loaf. I’m so excited! It looks delicious! :-)

kaila @ healthy helper! April 6, 2011 at 6:48 am

This vegan meatloaf is one of my favorite recipes of yours too! And with sweet potato (one of my favorite foods!) it must be even better! Can’t wait to try this recipe out again!

Christine April 6, 2011 at 7:08 am

Great list of ‘favorites’ – I already had four of them on my list of new recipes to try! :-)

Samantha Ball April 6, 2011 at 7:47 am

Hi Angela

I know you work from home, but I was wondering if you could do an entry about how you maintain a blogging/life balance. I’ve taken a look around, and can’t find a similar entry

Thanks!

Julie (A Case of the Runs) April 6, 2011 at 10:04 am

I made the original version of your lentil loaf last night (along with the barley risotto) and thought they both turned out REALLY well. My meat-eating boyfriend thought the loaf was really good and said he’d put walnuts in the next time he makes meat loaf. Due to how much he liked the vegan version, that might not be anytime soon. ;)

Johi April 7, 2011 at 2:33 am

Hey Angela, I made this two days ago… and it turned out amazing!!! …my husband loved it too… I am a huge sweet potato fan, who isn’t? Love your blog!!!

Amy Schultz October 19, 2017 at 3:58 pm

Made this loaf and loved it. I had made the apple walnut one before and we liked it..but, I loved this one so much more! We omitted Thyme because we’re not huge fans of that spice, otherwise we followed the recipe. I was excited because I had a sweet potato to use and I wanted a meatless recipe. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 19, 2017 at 7:58 pm

So glad it was a hit Amy!