Energizing Protein Power Salad

IMG_3907

As my mom always says, Good things come to those who wait!

IMG_3926

Because Eric was such a good sport about my April Fool’s Prank, I made him a batch of The Ultimate Oatmeal Raisin Cookie (with CHOCOLATE chips!) on Saturday. He claimed that he is ‘bringing every single cookie to work’ and he ‘just might eat all of them before lunchtime.’ ;)

20100911IMG_2878

Eric and Steve finished ripping up the top layer of the deck yesterday.

IMG_0061

It’s naked!

IMG_0062

I’m a bit sad seeing the deck go because I was really attached to it, rotting wood and all.

It was a lovely backdrop for rustic food photos… ;)

IMG_1069_thumb

[those are Maple Baked Beans in the photo]

IMG_0065

Eric’s foot actually fell through a rotted piece of wood yesterday! Thankfully he wasn’t hurt by it, but it gave him a bit of a scare because he had a hard time getting his foot out.

IMG_0064

For dinner, I made a huge batch of this protein-packed salad, with lots of leftovers for lunch this week!

IMG_3912

IMG_3873

I suggest cooking the beans/grains the night before to save some prep time. I used Buckwheat, speltberries, and red kidney beans in this recipe, but you can use pretty much any grain or bean that you prefer! Same goes for the veggies too.

After cooking the grains/beans, Mix together in a large bowl and set aside or place in fridge overnight.

IMG_3877

In a skillet, cook the garlic, onion, and veggies of your choice. I used yellow and red peppers.

IMG_3878

Mix the dressing together and the pour onto the veggie mixture in the skillet.

IMG_3882 IMG_3886

Add the veggie/dressing mixture to the grains & beans and mix well. I added in the raisins and almonds at this point too, but you can also add them directly into the skillet as the veggies cook.

IMG_3891

This salad is crunchy, chewy, soft, and just plain old fun to eat. The raisins are also a nice contrast to the tangy lemon-based dressing.

I cut down the oil by over 50% from the original recipe; if you prefer a dressing that isn’t as lemon-based, I suggest you replace some of the lemon juice with more olive oil. Next time I might even try a mixture of lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. Make sure to adjust the dressing to taste and you can even get creative by adding in some fresh herbs!

IMG_3897

By the way, thanks to everyone who gave their input on chiropractors, physical therapists, osteopaths, RMT’s, etc! I had so many helpful comments to read. I think I’m going to try a RMT and possibly an osteopath (if necessary) as my first step with the sciatic nerve issue.

My doctor also gave me a bunch of stretches to do and told me to strengthen my CORE, so it looks like I’m going to have to whip out the plank monster again! Nooooooooo. ;) Anyone want to join me as I tackle the core work again? You can see this page for exercises I will be doing.

1 Sarah April 4, 2011

Looks awesome and spring-y!
I know you do yoga tapes, but is there a yoga class nearby you could attend? There are a few yoga poses that would help your siatic issues-plus plank for your core.

2 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2011

I might be doing a Yoga for Runners class that my RMT told me about!

3 paket internet February 25, 2015

This looks amazing! So colorful and hearty, yet light. Lovely!

4 resep masakan indonesia March 11, 2016

Yummy.. i like this because same as my blog

5 resep masakan indonesia March 11, 2016

That salad looks so gorgeous, and i love this… this site same with us

6 Alayna @ Thyme Bombe April 4, 2011

So colorful, it looks fantastic! Lots of interesting textures in there.

7 http://dapurresepnusantara.blogspot.com/ May 3, 2015

nyummy….. That salad looks so gorgeous

8 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 4, 2011

I’m going to be focusing on core workouts this month so I’ll be right there with you!! The salad looks amazing. I actually just bought some buckwheat groats yesterday to try tomorrow, and I’m thinking about using them in place of morning oatmeal but I know what I’ll be doing with the extra ones! :)

9 Jennifer @ keepitsimplefoods.com April 4, 2011

This looks amazing! So colorful and hearty, yet light. Lovely!

10 Faith @ lovelyascharged April 4, 2011

I have a wheatberry and bean salad recipe coming up that I’m even more excited about making now after seeing how yours came out!

11 Reyna July 18, 2012

You don’t need to use wheat-berries; use as much gluten-free as possible!! Follow the recipes and utilize them as gluten free as possible, and you will end up with the healthiest recipe possible.

12 Christine @ Burning It Off April 4, 2011

I usually try to get in some core work a few times a week. Those plank-ups you have on your abs page are tough but so effective.

13 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 4, 2011

This looks phenomenal!

14 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life April 4, 2011

That salad looks so gorgeous!!! Yum.

15 Felicia (a taste of health with balance) April 4, 2011

beautiful and colorful salad! hope you feel better soon- check out bodyrock.tv for some core workouts :)

16 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope April 4, 2011

You definitely made up for the prank with those cookies… yum!

I love this recipe Angela! Filling, nutritious, and awesome flavors. And I’m sure it would make great leftovers!

17 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table April 4, 2011

The colors in this salad are gorgeous! I like that you reduced the oil. I bet it would be good drizzled with a balsamic reduction to help out the lemon-y taste.

I’m all about the core – I’d was doing the Whittle workout for a while and it really did help. The biggest difference I noticed was for sure from the planking.

18 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 4, 2011

That salad looks gorgeous (and so do those maple baked beans!)

I can’t wait to see what you’re doing to the deck — I never realized how large that deck is! How nice!

19 Roz April 4, 2011

Great looking salad. (and cookies) I’m looking forward to seeing the deck progress.

20 Rachel April 4, 2011

I am working on my core too! I’ll be pushing through these workouts with you!

21 Lizzie April 4, 2011

I will be joining your walk on the plank (mwah ha ha!). My core is in need of some strengthening!!!

22 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2011

bahaha walk on the plank…what a GREAT title for a challenge!!!

23 Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' April 4, 2011

What a beautiful salad! I bet it would be delicious with the balsamic + lemon juice combo, too!!

I’m sorry to hear about your sciatic nerve issue. I’ve had sciatic inflammation TWICE in the past 4 years, and it is no fun!! The first time around, my doctor gave me an anti-inflammatory drug that did the trick in a matter of 2 days… which I loved at the time. However, the second time it happened, I wanted to heal it more holistically, so I did pretty much every lower-back stretch possible, and cut-out all of my workouts except for walking. Even low-impact exercise on the elliptical made my sciatic pain worse, so walking was my only option! (unless you have a mini-rebounder, which also helped me!!) Since sitting and laying down are both not beneficial to healing, I walked, and walked, and walked as much as I could– and felt all better in about a week or so. Good luck getting better!! :D

24 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food April 4, 2011

That is an amazing looking salad! Today I’m going to whole foods, hopefully I can make my own version there for my lunch :) They have wheatberries there now, very nice!

25 Ali April 4, 2011

You are such an inspiration! All of your photography and recipes are amazing! I made the buckwheat tabbouleh and no-bake date bars this weekend and both were delicious. I ate a few too many dates as I was making the bars… but oh well! I just printed this. Can’t wait to try it!

26 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 4, 2011

Mmmm, I’ve made a similar version before with wheat berries, but adding in the beans definitely makes it even more complete. Interesting dressing combination; I love that there is no sweetener!

27 Kayla @ Fitter Than Choc April 4, 2011

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love colourful salads. I hope you are getting better. Ever since I started training for my half-marathon, I have been neglecting my core. I am more than happy to join you for this challenge:)

28 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans April 4, 2011

I actually realy like core workouts. I try to mix it up but there is always some of the tried and true planks in there somewhere :)

29 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 4, 2011

adding chocolate chips to oatmeal raisin cookies is the only way to make them right! :)

30 Justeen @ Blissful Baking April 4, 2011

The protein power salad looks wonderful! Lemony dressing sounds delightful! I’m going to make a batch to eat for lunches this week :)

31 Lauren at Keep It Sweet April 4, 2011

I don’t think I’ve ever had spelt berries! You always make incredible looking food, even when it is super healthy!

32 Heather (heathers dish) April 4, 2011

I feel healthier just looking at the pictures!

33 Char April 4, 2011

Whenever my husband says the word plank now, I think I give him the evil eye, just a little! Love to hate them! This salad looks amazing – thanks for posting it because I was in dire need of a nice grain/bean salad + I just bought some quinoa yesterday!

34 Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble) April 4, 2011

This looks like a fabulous Spring lunch, Ange! I will definitely be trying an all-gluten-free version of it myself :)

Good luck with the deck work!

xo

35 Melinda April 4, 2011

This salad looks awesome – so colorful!! I love core workouts, but I’m working on my cardio this month combined with strength. I’m trying out the Insanity workout videos, and I’m having SO much fun with it; it’s perfect until I can get outside!

36 kirsty April 4, 2011

I really feel for you having sciatic pain, I had it a couple of years ago and had I went to a physio at a sports injury clinic who suggested an mri scan . That showed that one of my discs had broke off and had started to cakcify pressing down my sciatic nerve :( hope you get it sorted hun.
I do a lot of yoga now and that really helps sciatic problems and prevents them happening in the future
I am in for the core work… xx

37 lauren @ spiced plate April 4, 2011

Yum! That salad is full of things I love — I’ll have to make it soon!

38 JL Goes Vegan April 4, 2011

Beautiful, nutritious salad! I’m thinking I might try to sprout the beans and grains and see how this turns out as a 100% raw salad! Hmmmmm.

39 Christina April 4, 2011

That salad looks amazing! Great recipe for the Spring weather that’s coming :)

Oh man I would have been pretty scared if my foot went through my deck also! Good thing he wasn’t hurt. Hope you guys get the new one up and running soon, we need the wood for the rustic food pics ;)

40 Runeatrepeat April 4, 2011

Love all the colors of your salad! I made Ben chocolate chip cookies this weekend, but they aren’t as pretty as yours :)

41 Malorie April 4, 2011

What a beautiful, colorful salad. Great photos!

I convinced myself that I didn’t need lemons at the grocery store last night and now I’ll have to make an extra trip out today so I can make this. A salad like that shouldn’t wait until the weekend!

42 Heidi @ Food Doodles April 4, 2011

Mmm, that salad looks great! I made something similar with wheatberries that I have yet to post. They are so good and chewy! :)

43 Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh April 4, 2011

you always make the best energizing salads :)

44 melissa (fitnessnyc) April 4, 2011

the salad looks delicious. Sorry to hear about the nerve issue, hope it is cleared up soon.

45 Shanna, Like Banana April 4, 2011

I got such a great laugh out of the April Fool’s cookie. Well played Ange ;)

I also appluad the make-up cookies =)

46 Hannah April 4, 2011

As always, Angela, you inspire me to take care of my body and respect it, especially after it is injured. I admire how well you take care of yourself!

47 Julie @ Shining From Within April 4, 2011

Yuuum. Planks! Yay! I love them lol

48 sarah April 4, 2011

Have you tried Pilates for core strength? I’ve been doing it for the past 2 years and it’s done wonders for my back and posture as well as sciatic pain. There’s also a class at my gym called body art that’s pilates with cardio — awesome! Those cookies look fab by the way!

49 Moni'sMeals April 4, 2011

how fresh does this look, I might make it with quinoa.

You can do it Angela, time to revisit CORE work :)

50 Bronwyn April 4, 2011

The salad looks absolutely delicious. I might join you with the core work! I know mine needs some. ;)

51 Ashley April 4, 2011

Will you be doing plank-ups??? ;) The salad looks outstanding…wish I could cook some grains right now, haha. 2 more weeks! They got the deck ripped up fast!! Really wish we lived next door with all the reno’s going on…it would be hilarious!

52 Corinne April 4, 2011

I’m totally up for WMM again…I love CORE exercises…btw, I’m making your Buckwheat Tabbouleh tonight…SO excited!

53 Sophia @ Raven Waves April 4, 2011

What a delicious spring salad! I need to get my grain on soon, and add some to my salads!

54 Stacy @ LoveDiscoveryGratitude April 4, 2011

I’ve made a similar salad of yours before, it’s very good and I will definitely make this version!! :)

Rustic photos are cool, but the new deck will be even better, lol. Why not save a board and chop it up to make a cutting board sized thing for pics? (Well, who wants to keep rotting boards? lol!)

55 Stacie April 4, 2011

Salad looks yummy! I have all the ingredients except the spelt berries. Do you think I could use a 1.5c of quinoa since I don’t have my spelt/wheatberries? I can’t believe how much work you guys have done on the deck?! You know the animals are talking in the woods about it ;)

56 Rachel (Ravenous Rae) April 4, 2011

I have issues with my sciatic nerve too! It was so bad at first it was hard to walk even just a little bit. Physical therapy w/ massage helped me a lot but I think overall for maintenance the best thing is yoga! I found 3 times a week is best for me and whenever they ask if there is anything I want to work on I always say hips because that works the sciatic area! I think the best pose is pigeon pose, but also sitting in easy seated pose and then leaning forward is a good stretch for the sacroiliac joint. I hope you get better soon!

57 Mary April 4, 2011

That salad looks amazing!

I just made a huge batch of the “Back on Track” salad last night, eating it for lunch as I write. Substituted quinoa for the wheat berries and added in a little diced carrot…so delicious! I love the dressing.

58 kate@ahealthypassion April 4, 2011

This salad looks amazing! I love the room temp salads for spring :)

59 A Teenage Gourmet April 4, 2011

Yummy! I want to buy buckwheat because of you. I made a vegan sandwich for breakfast this morning. Will you take a look? I think you’d love it!

60 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg April 4, 2011

Woo, the deck process already is coming along!!

Nice of you to make Eric some delicious cookies after his unfortunate April Fool’s joke :-)

61 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes April 4, 2011

I’m loving all of the colours in this salad!

62 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy April 4, 2011

I need to start working on my core again as well! So I’m in! :)

63 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 4, 2011

That looks like an amazing salad! I love anything that is quinoa based with a bit of beans!

Good luck with that core work!

64 Namaste Gurl April 4, 2011

You’re so spot on for creative, flavorful, and nutritious salads and other meals. I’m so bookmarking this recipe, as it looks delicious :)

65 Sarah L. April 4, 2011

This looks delicious, so colourful and nutrient-dense! I’ve become a bit obsessed with barley since trying your tomato barley risotto. I don’t have any spelt berries so I think I’ll give it a try with quinoa. Yum!

66 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather April 4, 2011

Yay I love those plank monsters! The salad looks delicious and nice snd chewy. It’s so much fun to have a base salad and switch it up a bit for a big variety.

67 Kaila@HealthyHelper! April 4, 2011

This salad combines sooo many of my favorite foods: beans, spelt berries, raisins, and yummy veggies! Can’t wait to try this out! I actually just made a whole pot of spelt berries for the week and now I have a way to use them up! Thanks again!

68 LauraJayne April 4, 2011

That salad looks delicious – I am always afraid to try to cook new grains – but, like brown rice, I’m sure I’ll figure out the best timing on my stove by doing it! It’s exciting to get a new deck – but I totally understand the nostalgia!

69 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit April 4, 2011

Can you keep some of the boards? I agree with you, the deck made a perfect backdrop! It was nice of you to bake up some cookies for Eric haha maybe he’ll forget about the whole thing?

70 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2011

Eric set aside one of the benches for me :) Not sure what I’ll do with it yet, but I might be able to use it still!

71 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) April 4, 2011

It looks wonderful and I love how you made changes with the dressing. I love my healthy fats, but a half cup of oil just makes things….greasy and gloppy! Like I am reaching for a napkin to blot the oil slick off my lips…haha. I bet the lemon with all the other flavors is wonderful.

Love the maple baked beans shot (and recipe). Rustic looks awesome on camera.

Have a great week :)

72 Ellie@fitforthesoul April 4, 2011

I’m in with the corework!! any sweat busting and tough corework is awesome! I love incorporating tension of the core in everything I do…except sleeping… :)

73 Emma (Namaste Everyday) April 4, 2011

so many great recipes today! and I’m excited because I have most of those ingredients, too! I have lentils, though, no beans. And I might add carrots!

74 Annie@stronghealthyfit April 4, 2011

That salad looks delicious! I need to try spelt and buckwheat :-)

75 Ally C April 4, 2011

This is my first comment!
I’ve been reading for quite some time now, and I’m currently going back and reading everything from the very beginning. Love, love, love OSG!

Also — I’m definitely wanting to do some core work. (I missed both WMM’s) Count me in!

76 sandi nieto April 4, 2011

Just made this salad for lunch but tweaked only a few things! I used Trader Joes’s Harvest Grains Blend (that has Israeli couscous, orzo, baby garbanzo beans and quinoa) and used slivered dried apricots for the raisins! Very yummy and I will surely make this again!!! Thanks!

77 Michele April 4, 2011

I’m going to try that salad, it looks great and just in time for spring/summer! Keep up the good work Angela!

78 Kathryn April 4, 2011

What a great recipe (and great photos too!).
Just out of curiosity, do you still have your bakery?

79 Kristy H April 4, 2011

This salad looks beautiful and i look forward to trying it. Made your ultimate vegan walnut lentil loaf for dinner on the weekend and was I impressed. tried some of the raw mix before baking it and thought it wasnt that special, but when it was all cooked with that glaze, OMG! it was amazing and i had to go back for more. thanks for great healthy recipes that are kind to the animals, the planet and to us, your an inspiration!

80 Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 4, 2011

oooh what a lovely touch by adding the apple cider vinegar!

81 Lynna April 4, 2011

I really need to work on strengthening my core too. I think it’s the weakest part of my body and even though I do a lot of yoga, I feel like my other muscles tend to compensate for my weak core. I feel like it’s been hindering me in some more difficult postures so I definitely want to make it stronger!

There was a really good article about core strengthening poses in the most recent issue of Yoga Journal– I can’t find it online but it you see it anywhere, you should check it out!

82 Distributor April 4, 2011

Just by looking at it i’m already hungry. The colors are wonderful and I bet it tastes even better. I’m going to have to try this recipe :)

83 Sarah-Mae @ Eat, Run, Knit April 4, 2011

I saw this post and instantly ran to my kitchen to whip up a batch of “The Ultimate Oatmeal Raisin Cookie”! I couldn’t stop licking the dough off my fingers, and now my house smells like heaven. I can’t wait to sink my teeth into one of these with my sailorman when he gets home!

I did make a couple of modifications though:
1) I used raw goat milk instead of almond milk
2) I didn’t have 1 3/4C walnuts, so I used (rough estimates) 1/2C walnuts, 1C almonds, 1/4C cashews and 1/4C hazelnuts. Toasted and processed as well. SO YUMMY!
3) No chocolate chips, as per your original recipe.

I will be bringing some of these to work tonight for my co-workers. I can’t wait!

84 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 4, 2011

This salad just screams “summer” to me! It’s such a perfect BBQ dish! If only the summer could actually get here faster though. ;)

85 Joyce @ Flowing to Fifty April 4, 2011

Wow! Your deck is huge! Looks like a big job. But the salad looks really yummy. I’m just finishing a session with a physiotherapist and it went great. If your massages don’t work out, try a PT.

86 laura April 4, 2011

Thanks for linking to your core training — I’m in desperate need of core strengthening; my lack of is hindering my running (and causing back pain)

87 Michelle April 4, 2011

I would love to join you in doing core again! For a while I was doing all of the exercises religiously and my core felt soooo strong. I need motivation to get back into it.

88 The Teenage Taste April 4, 2011

Haha! Glad you made it up to Eric for giving him those salty cookies. I would have been so grossed out!

89 Kaitey April 4, 2011

Hi Angela! First of all, thank you for your truly beautiful, awesome self that you share in your blog…I found it a few weeks ago and have been reading it religiously since then, and it is always a source of inspiration and grace. THANK YOU. Today is the first time I’m leaving a comment…just wanted to say I will be joining you with your core work, and those are some really effective exercises you have lined up. I have a half marathon in four weeks, and am truly intimidated by the thought of doing it. I’ve done marathons and halfs before, but I had surgery a few months ago that cut through my abs, so they’re pretty mushy right now and I get tired running for a long time. Knowing that you’ll be doing the core workouts, I’ll be more motivated to stick to mine, too. You go, Girl! (or…You GLOW, Girl!)

90 Dalai Lina April 4, 2011

Yummy. Can you taste the cumin? I love cumin but thought it might be lost since you described it as lemony.

Keep up the glow! Amazing stuff.

91 Hannah April 4, 2011

I love the equation of this: two salty cookies = entire batch of delicious cookies. Yep, you’re an awesome wife!

92 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} April 4, 2011

What a beautiful salad! I love protein-packed salads for lunch.

93 alli April 4, 2011

i’ve never commented before, but i like to stop by often. i love your blog and delicious recipes! i was happy to see i have all of the ingredients for this. i just made it for dinner and it was fabulous!
(i used pearl barley, quinoa, lentils and black beans)
thanks again!

94 Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food April 4, 2011

That salad looks amazing! The best part is how versatile it is! I am making it tonight so I have lunch for the rest of the week! :-)

95 Tara April 4, 2011

yummmm! this is going on my “to make” list :)

96 sasha@blyssfulhealth April 4, 2011

This looks great. Soaking wheatberries for something else, but maybe have to switch and make this instead.

97 Vanessa @ Project Zen April 5, 2011

I looked up some nutritional information on quinoa and it says that it contains all of the amino acids and it relaxes blood vessels (should be great – I’ve been getting tension headaches every now and then and even last massage therapist mentioned how tight I was in the neck and shoulder area – oooh boy!) – plus it’s a good source of iron, copper and tryptophan (which is an essential mineral for easing stress and promoting relaxation and sleep)

that said, I am bookmarking this recipe! :)

98 Vanessa @ Project Zen April 5, 2011

Excuse me, that should really say… *and even *MY last massage therapist.

Sorry for this typo! :(

99 Marit April 5, 2011

exellent!
I’ll be joining you for the corework.
My belly is kinda flabby so i’ve been doing 30-50 bum-lifts, (3 reps) and planks and hip-rolls plus a bit of yoga, pilates and concious posture exercises for a couple of weeks just to be able to bare my belly this summer without looking like the michelin-man…
I’m not aiming for the flat-abs, just a bit more humane and visually pleasing look…

Good job on the decking. you can get a really good sholder and back cardio-session out of nailing the new one in place… :)

100 tweal April 5, 2011

That looks like a pretty fresh and yummy salad, perfect for brightening up this dreary ‘spring’ weather. Can’t wait to see the finished deck!

101 Christine April 5, 2011

That salad looks yummy! I’ve been looking for a good recipe to introduce my family to whole grains and this could be the one!

I’m IN for the core work! I recently lost some weight with diet and aerobic exercise but I skipped out on the strength training. I need to do *something* to tone up the remaining flab! :-) I’ve been doing an ab workout from the Parade magazine which has been working well but it’s good to shake things up.

102 Cait's Plate April 5, 2011

Those cookies do look pretty amazing. I just made cookies last night RIGHT before I read this post. I wish I had seen it earlier because I definitely would’ve scrapped mine for yours!

Though I have a cookie-loving boy in the house as well so I’m sure he won’t mind if I add these to the stash :)

103 Sam @ the neurotic yogini April 5, 2011

I’m down to tackle the core! I need to work on that area.. besides, it’s almost bikini season!

104 Sam April 5, 2011

Hi Angela!
I just wanted to stop in and say thank you for writing such a wonderful and positive website! I hope your back gets to feeling better soon :)

105 Peggy April 6, 2011

This salad looks awesome! I love all of the colors going on!

106 Fresh and Foodie April 6, 2011

This salad looks like the perfect lunch. Packed with protein for energy (which I definitely need at work!) and easily transportabale. Nice!

107 Emma April 8, 2011

This is fantastic! I made some for a picnic. Thanks for the idea :)

108 Michelle April 9, 2011

Angela, I wanted to let you know that I made this recipe today and it is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing. I was not sure I was going to like it when I was putting it all together, but after tasting it–YUM. The dressing has a nice kick and the raisins give it just a little sweetness without the sugar. Have been looking for healthier meals and this hit the spot.

109 alicia guzman July 25, 2012

i did this salad last night and it was delicious. :)

110 marlene December 14, 2012

i make this salad ALL the time. I use quinoa only. It is incredibly yummy and filling..great lunch! hopefully you’ll revisit this recipe again soon and change it up a bit ;) it’s great!!

111 Elena Perez March 24, 2013

This salad was the first one I’ve tried on Angela’s web-site! Tastes so good! We enjoy it each time I make it.

112 Ella May 9, 2014

This is SO good and INCREDIBLY fast since I precooked the grains and used canned beans. Will most definitely be making this and variations of it a staple. Thanks so much for the recipe, lovely!

113 resep masakan indonesia March 11, 2016

Thanks so much for the recipe, lovely! it was delicious. :)

114 Dawn May 23, 2016

The protein power salad is delicious! How do you think of so many good flavors that blend together?? Thanks again!