Cleaning Out My Photography Closets

IMG_0240

Sometimes, my photography closets (err…folders) get cluttered because I have this silly little habit of photographing everything that I cook or bake. And I rarely leave the house without bringing my camera along to snap a picture of whatever I see fit.

You don’t want to know how many photos I have on my computer. Also, please don’t tell Eric how long it’s been since I migrated my photos to my back up drive! You know, the back up drive that he bought specifically for my photographs? Yea, that would be the one.

But Spring is here, even if I look outside and see more snow than we’ve had all Winter long. In the spirit of Spring Cleaning, it’s time to clean out my photography closets and let some lost but not forgotten recipes take the stage!

But first, some dirty secrets so I can ‘clean’ the air…

• Often, I take pictures of recipes that I don’t post. Duh.
  • Frequently, said pictures get buried in Lightroom and I’m too lazy to find them. They die in Lightroom.
  • Sometimes, I eat wonderful things that never make it to the blog. Sometimes, I eat horrible things that never make it to the blog. Sometimes, I eat delicious things (but think you will hate them) that don’t make it to the blog.
  • It’s complicated.
  • Occasionally, I make a tasty dish only to forget ingredient measurements. Note to self: Find pens. Store in kitchen. Get tested for early onset Alzheimer’s.
  • Now you know why I take photographs of my ingredients. :)
  • Occasionally, I delete photos off my camera by mistake. Poof. Gone forever. Sometimes I don’t even care.
  • Once and a while, I lose a recipe (if I do manage to write it down) and then I can’t replicate it even after 3 trials. (S’more Cake In A Jars I’m looking at you!)
  • I’m sorry. I really am. I’ll keep trying.
  • Rarely, do I let a good recipe fall off my radar completely...

Lost but not forgotten recipe #1: Mango Kiwi Vegan Overnight Oats for no-brainer breakfasts.

IMG_3448

I have an OXO Mango Splitter and it helps slice out the pit in one easy motion creating two clean halves to work with. Normally, I’m not big on tools like this, but I really do use this mango pitter every single time! The added bonus is you get to chew the pit as you go!

Do you use any OXO kitchen products? I’m in love with my can opener, citrus juicer, salad spinner, Y Peeler, and of course the Mango Splitter. I tell everyone I know about OXO…their products are life changing.

IMG_3449

IMG_3451

Lost but not forgotten recipe #2: Orange Creamsicle Vegan Overnight Oats. Also for no-brainer breakfasts.

IMG_3256

IMG_3269

Normally I’m not a big fan of oranges in my oats, but this was very light and fresh tasting!

IMG_3271

Lost but not forgotten recipe #3: Cheezy Nacho Kale Chips from Averie.

IMG_3452

I never knew kale could taste this good! Just like nacho chips…only better.

IMG_3462

Lost but not forgotten recipe #4: My favourite vegan pesto using the pesto recipe from my Project Food Blog Pizza Challenge!

IMG_3466

This big bag of Pesto basil from Whole Foods works great for this.

IMG_3465

20101016IMG_6376 20101016IMG_6648

It is amazing as a sauce for pizza like I used in my Roasted Tomato, Onion, and Basil Pesto Pizza.

20101016IMG_7134

This version I made below is thicker because I cut the oil in half. If you want a more traditional pesto, use the full amount of oil, but if you want a thick spread, cut the oil in half.

It’s luxurious on bread.

IMG_3491

Just have a breath mint handy. ;)

Lost but not forgotten recipe #5: Savoury Pesto Oatmeal

IMG_3475

This Savoury Pesto Oatmeal was good, but my favourite savoury oatmeal is still my Mexican Loaded Savoury Oats

IMG_78172

I think I know what I’m making for lunch today…it has been too long!

IMG_1758

And finally, a smoothie recipe that I just can’t get enough of lately…

IMG_3575

Goji Berry Bliss Smoothie

Ingredients:

• 1/4 cup goji berries (or more to taste), soaked in water until soft and puffy
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 frozen banana

I was creeping in the bulk section of Whole Foods last week and I overheard a fun tip about Goji berries: Grab some Goji Berries. Soak them in water until puffy and soft. Throw them into your smoothies. The soaked berries will make the smoothie a vibrant orange or pink colour (depending on how many you use).

IMG_3577

So there you have it. My photography closets are now cleaned out and ready for a new season of delicious eats! Any recipe requests?

Now, it’s time to tackle the baskets. This could get hairy…

IMG_9979

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 29, 2011

Loving that savory oatmeal! I, too, have waytoo many pictures that never ‘make the cut’. They die on my computer too. Sad.

2 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 29, 2011

we should have a burial for them :)

3 Jennifer @ keepitsimplefoods.com March 29, 2011

Gorgeous photography! I totally know what you mean about cleaning the photography closet! I need to get on that myself! :)

4 Toni March 29, 2011

this is probably one of my worst computer habits! I have zero organization when it comes to photos! :( my hubby wants to kill me most of the time!

5 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes March 29, 2011

Your photography is awesome! You seriously should post everything that you make as it all look too good to be true!

6 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) March 29, 2011

ahh im melting from deliciousness on this page! i NEED to experiment with that savory oatmeal!

7 Alayna @ Thyme Bombe March 29, 2011

It’s the worst when something tastes soooo good but just looks too gross in pictures to blog it. I think your orange creamsicle oats sound insane!

8 Halley (Blunder Construction) March 29, 2011

It is such a task to file through photos and organize them. I probably take a small fraction of them compared to you, but I’m way behind! I would love to see a recipe for vegan potato salad. My mom always makes it with eggs and mayo to get that creamy taste… but I have faith in you!

9 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 29, 2011

hmm that sounds fun!

10 Stacy @ Every Little Thing March 29, 2011

I need to clean out my photography closet as well! I always wonder if bloggers keep every photo they take or if they delete them after uploading them to the blog. I need to start deleting!

11 Katie G. March 29, 2011

Great post! Yummy looking recipes! I need to do a little photo spring cleaning too! I do the same thing…my photo files are filled with good and bad pictures of food (most of which I never get around to blogging about0. And I hate when I just can’t seem to take a good picture of a delicious meal….maybe it’s time to get a better camera instead of my point-and-shoot.

12 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 29, 2011

“Occasionally, I make a tasty dish only to forget ingredient measurements. Note to self: Find pens. Store in kitchen. Get tested for early onset Alzheimer’s. ” – I AM THE SAME WAY!! You would think putting pens in the kitchen wouldn’t be very difficult but mine always seem to disappear!! Love the idea of the savoury oats. I’ve never tried that but I bet it was delicious! Your pesto looks amazing and I think I need to make that soon too! :)

13 Ashley March 29, 2011

I’m glad these have surfaced, and may you other photos rest in peace.
Aw, Sketchie is such a cutie creeper.

14 Charlie March 29, 2011

Mango kiwi VOO must be so good! And I have to try goji berries in my smoothies :).

15 Carly March 29, 2011

I have the worst computer organizational skills. Ever. It doesn’t help that I have two laptops and things are scattered all over the place. Ugh, what a mess!

16 Ashley March 29, 2011

Still lusting over that pizza crust!!!!

17 Kristi @ KristiAteIt March 29, 2011

Everything here looks amazing. I’m glad they were taken out of hiding and posted! I’m drooling over that pizza.

18 Allison @ Food For Healing March 29, 2011

ah yes the joys of organizing and sorting through piles of photography! I know how that is, and definitely remember to use that hard drive! I always have mine backed up.
love all the lost but not forgotten photos
ps: i have my FIRST ever giveaway on my blog, eeee exciting!

19 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is March 29, 2011

Hahahaha what a great pic of Sketchie!

20 thehealthyapron March 29, 2011

Oh thanks for all the recipes! I’m intrigued by the oranges in the oatmeal…I’ve never thought to do that!

21 Holly @ The Runny Egg March 29, 2011

Thanks for sharing all of these Angela — you are so creative in the kitchen is just amazes me!

You should get a camera installed in your kitchen — that way when you forget to write things down you can just go back and watch! If I did that I’d look like a chicken with my head cut off running around the kitchen like a madwoman. But it would definitely be funny.

22 Nicole @ Yuppie Yogini March 29, 2011

I love when Sketchie makes it on the blog. He is so adorable and quirky. As far as lost photos go, I know what you mean. My computer is full of photos that don’t make the blog for one reason or another.

23 Carolyn H. March 29, 2011

Savory oatmeal… Never heard of such a thing. I don’t know if I can go there, as I love my oats sweet, but the picture with the avocados and beans look delicious. I must admit though, the picture when it is all mush in the oats looks ewwww. I think I’d rather stick to the avocados, beans and salad on their own.

24 Lesley Lifting Life March 29, 2011

That vegan pesto looks delicious!!

25 Laura@keepinghealthygettingstylish March 29, 2011

I have to try the soaked goji berries again! I tried them a little while ago in a mixed berry smoothie and they were so yum! I think they would taste great with orange for some reason!

26 Liza Jane March 29, 2011

I’ve tried to love VOO, really I have, but I just can’t get past the mush and the temperature. Which is sad, because the Mexican style savory oats look so good until I realize that they are the taco salad version of VOO.

27 Stephanie @ LiveCookLove March 29, 2011

Sometimes I get embarrassed to take my camera with me and take pictures when I’m around anyone other than my family, my boyfriend, and his family. BAD blogger, BAD! Maybe I’ll get used to it if I do it more…

I love all these hidden recipes from the dungeons!!

28 Stacy @ LoveDiscoveryGratitude March 29, 2011

Ha ha nice. :)

29 Nicole @ Fresh & Fit March 29, 2011

I love kale chips. Those Cheezy Nacho Kale Chips definitely step it up a few notches! Yum!

30 Lucy @ The Sweet Touch March 29, 2011

That pesto looks amaze!! I’ve made pesto before with walnuts but never cashews and I love me some cashews! Adding it to my list!

31 Jenn from Much to My Delight March 29, 2011

Pesto in oatmeal? You are an innovator. I’m not sure I’m gonna follow your lead on that one, but I salute you nonetheless! However, I think your Tex-Mex inspired oatmeal sounds muy fantastico–I’m guessing it’d be similar to loading it all onto quinoa, which is something I do all the time.

32 CathyK March 29, 2011

thanks for sharing your “behind the scenes” secrets, angela! lots of surprising facts from you that i would never have guessed! (ie lost photos, forgotten photos).
that urge to spring clean is definitely in the air!
i am sooo bad about backing up files…and my photos are stored on my computer, but could so use some reorganization…
good luck with the cleaning tasks!

33 Amanda March 29, 2011

Angela, the vegan pesto is the BEST I have ever had – I make it almost weekly, even if I don’t make the roasted veggie pizza. I put it on everything…it’s out of control :) But is AMAZING! Can’t wait for the cookbook.

34 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life March 29, 2011

Such beautiful foods–you really have a gift!

35 Amber K March 29, 2011

You’re such an amazing cook I’d be quite suprised if you actually had recipes that were major fails. Well, unless you woke up in the middle of the night and started throwing random crazy things in a pot. But for some reason I think even then you could make it look appealing with your awesome photog skills :)

36 Amy March 29, 2011

I hate it when I don’t write down a recipe and then cannot duplicate it. I am trying to get all my recipes into one organized format.
Wanted to let you know that my daughter finally got up the nerve to try your hummus recipe, she is now requesting it in her lunch daily! Have you tried making sundried tomato or red bell pepper hummus? I am going to try that. Thanks for all the great food & inspiration!

37 Heather (heathers dish) March 29, 2011

Oh goodness I want everything on here…

38 Leanne March 29, 2011

Love the kitty in the basket, too cute! P.S. I made your Pumpkin Gingerbread for a camping trip this past weekend, it was a hit! I will definitely be making this again, maybe even attempting to convert it into cupcakes. The icing might be the best I have ever had!

39 Jennie March 29, 2011

I love your recipes and your photos – my finished product never looks quite as beautiful. I was going to photograph my green monster this morning, but it was highly unattractive (delicious nontheless!). I would like to see some juicing recipes on your blog. I see more juicing in my future but need some creative ideas!

40 Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) March 29, 2011

My husband got me set up on this program called Second Copy and it ROCKS. I have it set so that every time I turn on my pc (or reboot), the program looks to see if I’ve added anything new to my ‘blog’ folder (or any folder you tell it to) and then automatically takes any new stuff and copies it to our external NAS (fancy letters for network attached storage). It’s AWESOME. Then I never have to remember to do it ! I put a link below to their site and there’s even an evaluation copy that you can test out.

41 Erin @ The Grass Skirt March 29, 2011

I love my mango slicer, and eating the mango off the pit is half the fun. I thought I was the only one who did that! All of these recipes look and sound amazing. I’m trying the goji berry smoothie today! :)

42 Mimi (Gingersnaps) March 29, 2011

Ha, almost none of the food I photograph makes it to my blog. But old habits die hard.

Your forgotten recipes look amazing though! I especially want to make that pesto!

43 Roz March 29, 2011

I aspire to take photos at the same caliber as you post on your site!!! However, I can only imagine the hundreds that don’t make it on. And I too have FAR FAR too many photos on my laptop. I really need to sort through them at some point soon. Have a great day Angela.

44 Hannah March 29, 2011

Pesto on bread?!? So simple but so genius!! I bet the cashews give it a thicker flavor.

45 Hannah @ Healthy Whip March 29, 2011

Wow these photos look amazing! I’m loving the cheezy kale chips! I take a million photos and my photography is definitely not up to your standard, so I can only imagine how many you have to organise!!

46 Jess March 29, 2011

I just started blogging (literally, a little more than a week ago) and I keep forgetting my camera’s memory card in my laptop then continue to take photos on my camera’s internal memory. Did I mention I can’t find my camera cord either…?

47 Julie @ Shining From Within March 29, 2011

so cute! I love this post- so many great recipes. :D

48 Melanie March 29, 2011

I have to try the OXO mango cutter. I love mangos but always feel like I destroy them when I try to cut them!

I love your recipes. I’m allergic to dairy, so I’m always looking for good tasting, non-dairy recipes.

49 Megan (Braise The Roof) March 29, 2011

I wonder why that basil is specifically for pesto? Are the leaves less “pretty” because they know they’re going to be ground up? Those Mexican oats look amazing!

50 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 29, 2011

I think it is basically just a bigger bag of it because pesto recipes tend to call for a large portion…?

51 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope March 29, 2011

These are awesome Angela! Thank you for bringing them out!!! I absolutely LOVE mangos, and they’re coming in season again soon. It’s been a while since I had goji berries, and that smoothie definitely sounds fabulous!

52 rebecca lustig March 29, 2011

i’ve been seeing mango all over blogland recently– guess we’re all getting excited for the summer that awaits us :)

53 Katherine: Unemployed March 29, 2011

do you have a good place to get chia seeds or (cheap) brand you like?

54 FoodFeud March 29, 2011

I’m grateful you decided to clean out the closets because now we have 5 new recipes! They all sound great but I’m especially interested in those Goji berries now! I’ve put off trying them for too long.
The mango/kiwi oats also sound spectacular. I’ve been enjoying the new, fresh variety of fruits coming back into season for sure!

55 Meg March 29, 2011

Oh man, i am the EXACT SAME. I take thousands of photos. My lightroom is shockingly full of photos. I have this motto that if 1 picture of 1000 turns out, it was a good shoot, so I seriously take that many photos, then upload them all to my laptop then ever delete them. eff. I should clean out my closet as well.

I am curious as to what camera you are using. It looks like a Canon, maybe 5d???

56 Emily @ Emily Says March 29, 2011

perfect timing :) I never by mangoes but I’m trying to add some variety to my fruits and veggies so i bought a couple mangoes for this week. This morning i was trying to slice one up and thought, “How am I supposed to do this?” Haha… A mango splitter definitely would have been helpful! I wonder if you can use it on avocados, too?

57 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 29, 2011

hmm not sure about an avocado! That would be interesting to find out :)

58 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather March 29, 2011

I so need to organize my photo folders. I keep putting it off though :(

Way to tackle it head on! I’ll have to try soaking my goji berries like that. I used them in a granola recipe I posted this morning and will have to try this new idea with them… Plus some cocoa powder :)

59 kate@ahealthypassion March 29, 2011

Ahh these all look amazing I want to try every single one of them. I always take so many pictures and never get to post them… sad :(

60 Paije March 29, 2011

Ooh I always wanted to see what crazy flavors you would come up with for kale chips! Maybe you could revisit that one?? ;)

61 Baking 'n' Books March 29, 2011

I love that you eat stuff and don’t feel compelled to put it on the blog all the time! That’s essential to a healthy balance…and being normal ;)

Love your photos. They really are good quality. I wish mine were! Orange cremiscle! Brings me back to grade school and getting those ice cream bars at Recess :)

62 Traci(faithfulfoodiefashionista) March 29, 2011

Thanks for sharing the forgotten. I’m loving the Orange Dreamsicle and I have got to try the savory oatmeal. Yum Yum and Yum :)

63 Aly March 29, 2011

I have never followed a blog before and I am now addicted to yours!!! I am allergic to dairy and started cooking dairy free 2 years ago and your blog has given me so many more options and yummy recipes!!! I love it, thanks :) You have helped change my eating experience!!
PS Do you have the Go Dairy Free book by Alisa Marie Fleming?

64 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 29, 2011

Thanks Aly!

No I do not have the cookbook, but It’s on my list! :)

65 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit March 29, 2011

I’m just as bad with my pictures. I have pictures everywhere. I’m pretty good with writing down my recipe as I go, but I’m horrible for not losing the piece of paper. You’re right, most of the time the recipe is so hard to replicate. Goji berries in a smoothie is a fantastic idea!

66 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table March 29, 2011

Ouch – I SO wish you could remember the S’more Cake recipe. I drooled when I saw that pic the first time.

67 Michelle @ Lifewithacrazypup March 29, 2011

At least I know that I’m not alone!! I have so many pictures of recipes that I never posted… then when I get to it months later — I can’t think of what it was for the life of me!

68 Bridget March 29, 2011

Your oatmeal concoctions amaze me!

Isn’t it funny how cats just love to sit in baskets? My cat is obsessed with jumping in the recylcling bin hahaha

69 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 29, 2011

Yup…Sketchie will sit in any sort of box…basket…shopping bag…u name it!

70 Stephanie March 29, 2011

I just wanted to chime in and make a general comment that I love your blog :) You and your story are inspirational. I just shared your “Size Healthy” post on Facebook. Speaking of Facebook, do you have a page??
Thank you for inspiring people to love them selves healthy :)

71 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 29, 2011

Thanks Stephanie!
No FB page yet…will figure it out some day!!!

72 carlee March 29, 2011

I need to do a clean out too!! I swear! haha.

73 carlee March 29, 2011

Oh and Just wondering…how much is your camera, and what kind is it?

74 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 29, 2011

Camera equipment is on my FAQ page :)

75 Kath (My Funny Little Life) March 29, 2011

What a wonderful assortment of recipes you’ve put on here today! Your porridges looks wonderful, as do the kale chips! And I’d so much love to try goji berries, but they’re hard to find over here. :)

76 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 29, 2011

Thanks for making and mentioning that you made my kale chips! I am so glad you liked them…and so glad they didn’t get lost in the black hole of blogger photos or forgotten recipes :)

I just got Lightroom 3 and I have a Mac. I am currently uploading all my pics into both iphoto (my crutch and tool for some things) and then also to LR 3 so I can edit them there. Let’s just say I am in picture overwhelm mode. I actually just blogger earlier that my computer is painfully slow! I think it has something to do with all these pictures I have…a mere 25k or so just hanging out. haha.

I take pics of my ingredients,too, b/c that way a week (or even 36 hrs later) I can jog my own memory with what I used. And yes, neither one of us have food journals. We don’t feature every morsel that passes our lips.

Great info on the mango tool. I have always wondered if it would be worth it…b/c mangoes are so slippery and tricky for me. I will be picking one up. I have an Oxo peeler and dig it.

77 Gail March 29, 2011

Mangoes rock, and lately I’ve been on an almond extract kick (I’ve been eating way too many almond cookies with that extract in it). Whole Foods had Champagne Mangoes on sale (they’re small ones), so I bought some, I cut up a mango, throw that in my blender, and 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup water, some frozen cherries, a handful of shredded coconut, and a splash of almond extract and blend. OH MY GOODNESS – it is so yummy, refreshing, energizing, etc. The best!

78 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 29, 2011

mmmm I had something similar last summer and it was to die for!

79 Gail March 30, 2011

I had it again this morning, and it really revs me up! This time with blackberries instead of cherries (I’m cleaning out my freezer). I love the almond extract in it, and it’s so much better for me than eating an almond cookie!

80 Ellie@fitforthesoul March 29, 2011

lovely pictures Ang! haha I’m starting to GATHER a lot of unused/unpublished photos as well. I’m still getting the hang of this thingie called technology and therefore I’m wondering if I’m supposed to transfer them somewhere else. :D have a lovely day! ps: i like that first picture!!

81 Moni'sMeals March 29, 2011

all the pictures are just stunning! Sketchie too!

Averie’s Kale chips= A MUST!

82 carri z. March 29, 2011

“migrate my photos to my back up drive”

what the WHAT?

my husband always
tries to use this
“technical language” with me!

it’s like when he gives
me directions and starts by telling me
to go “north” – WHAT!?

ahhh…men are from mars. ; )

and i am addicted to your
banana choc chip oat cake.

thankS!

83 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 29, 2011

haha I know the feeling…I think Im used to it now after 10 years of being around techie talk!

84 Megan March 29, 2011

Oh my goodness. So much good stuff in one post!! :)

85 Jenny March 29, 2011

What is your quick advice for learning your camera? I’ve had my Canon Rebel XT for a month now and am practicing a lot but feel at a loss. I have a book that I refer to when I need help, I just need some support! lol

86 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 29, 2011

I read a ton of tutorials online! It took me months to feel comfortable and for it to finally click after a lot of practicing. Shooting in RAW forces me to learn the camera better if I want decent pictures. Keep practicing and read, read, read! A class would be very helpful too.

87 tiffany March 29, 2011

can’t wait to try the mango/kiwi oats! also, just thought you should know you are getting raved about on the no meat athlete blog, http://www.nomeatathlete.com/vegan-grocery-list/. Thanks for putting such fabulous recipes out there!

88 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 29, 2011

Such a fun post!

89 A Little Nosh March 29, 2011

I love my Oxo mango pitter too. Just used it this morning.

90 Sophia @ Raven Waves March 29, 2011

I wish my photography closet looked like this one! All the photos I don’t post are of me and my bf making silly faces haha! :)

91 laura March 29, 2011

Wow, I didnt think you could come up with more amazing recipes!
Cant wait to try them out :) thanks for sharing.

92 Michelle March 29, 2011

LOL! This is so great! My fiance is often asking me to clean out the dresser (yes, dresser) that is full of old pictures. There are so many of them that I just don’t know what to do with them. I have tried hinting at getting a scanner so that I can just scan all of the pictures that I want onto a separate hard drive, but so far no one has listened. Then again, that’s probably because I’d get about half way trhough and give up out of frustration!

Have fun!

93 Kate @ the pseudovegan March 29, 2011

I need to try those mexican oats! I need to thank you in advance.. A friend of mine suggested I have a vegan potluck, and I know I will be using some of your recipes!

94 Allison @ Food For Healing March 29, 2011

hm my comment from earlier was awaiting moderation and never got approved? Did it go to spam, whats going on?

95 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 29, 2011

I just found your comment in my spam box, but it is now posted.

96 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 29, 2011

I’m mostly excited about the savory oatmeal recipes because I haven’t tried it yet! Can’t wait to give it a go! Do you have any vegan brownie recipes? with maybe low sugar? thanks!

97 Audrey March 29, 2011

Lovely photos, as always!

As for recipe requests…I vote for a vegan cheesecake that’s not too nut heavy. :)

98 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 29, 2011

Sometimes my pictures don’t make it onto my blog either, but it’s usually because they’re just way too ugly. :P Nomatter how hard I try, pumpkin mixed with oats and yogurt will never be photogenic haha.

99 Light Delight with TouTou March 29, 2011

Pesto Oatmeal!!! just think of the names makes me drooling ! great innovation!

100 Andrea @ Vegvacious March 29, 2011

So many great recipes to try! Can’t wait to tackle the savoury oats, smoothie and pesto. I’ve only had my blog for 2 months and I have tons and tons of photos – I can’t imagine how many you must have tucked away!!

101 Paige @Running Around Normal March 29, 2011

Love that picture of you! Look gorgeous :)

102 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 29, 2011

thanks Paige!

103 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) March 29, 2011

Pesto oatmeal!!! That is crazy wild awesome!

104 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 29, 2011

hahah yeaaaaaa it was good

105 Sarah March 29, 2011

Oooh my cat loves to sit in my baskets on my bookshelves all the time. He also loves to sleep in my Vera Bradley duffel bag but not my other duffel bags…cats are strange yet adorable :)

106 kaila@ healthy helper blog! March 29, 2011

I love this! What great recipes. I definitely forget to photograph some really delicious food sometimes and I always regret it later because describing a yummy meal isn’t as good as seeing a beautiful picture of it!

107 Vanessa March 29, 2011

I have yet to find a way to organize my photos on my computer. My Iphoto is such a mess right now. Question: I’ve seen goji berries a lot recently. What do they taste like? Can you compare them to anything? Just curious :-)

108 janet March 29, 2011

Awesome spring cleaning, Ange! I have way too many recipes/photos in my drafts folder, but that doesn’t really bother me much. :)

Requests?! What about something with kohlrabi? :)

109 OSGMOM March 29, 2011

My request is a recipe for Stuffed Artichokes — I’ve been craving Artichokes lately and can’t seem to get enough of them.

110 Michelle March 29, 2011

I have been obsessed by your blog since I found it last week! I have already made several of your recipes, and shared your site with a ton of my friends/family. I cook very similar to you- increasing nutrition, fiber, lowering fat/sugar- and you have inspired me to try new things. I haven’t been cooking a lot lately- but the past week I have had so much fun with it! Thanks for sharing all your ideas.

111 Mackenzie @ Eat. Exercise. Evolve March 29, 2011

I love that you put chia in everything. It’s amazing!

112 andilu March 29, 2011

Okay, I have been waiting & hoping for the smore & pumpkin cheesecake in a jar recipes!!! The apple one was so amazing & delicious that I made it several days in a row :) At least now I know what happened to poor mr.smores! :)

113 Caiti March 29, 2011

I just want to thank you for all your yummy recipes. I’m a “new vegan” (going on 4 weeks!) and you make being vegan SO EASY!! So Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

114 candacegrace @ http://infitation.wordpress.com/ March 29, 2011

This post made me so hungry. The vegan pesto looks AMAZING. I’ll definitely be trying it out!

115 Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher March 29, 2011

Love this post! Mangoes in oatmeal are DIVINE :)

116 Rachel March 30, 2011

O.K………….This is hard to believe but I was thinking about the S’mores Cake in a Jar YESTERDAY!! I had posted a couple comments about a week and then 2 weeks after the apple cake in a jar post requesting the s’mores recipe and for some reason it crossed my mind yesterday. I thought about requesting it again but I decided it was useless since it has been so long. Coincidence?
Keep trying!! :-)

117 Leanne@Coffee&Claptrap March 30, 2011

Oooh those goji’s and mango look so sweet and juicy!

I’m also craving VOO now, I must go make :D

118 Hannah @ Healthy Whip March 30, 2011

Also, the shot above really looks like Sorrento where I got married!

119 Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner March 30, 2011

All of these recipes look SO good!!! Now I want some oatmeal haha..
We too have soooo many pictures.. my husband is a photographer so they just keep coming!

120 lauren @ spiced plate March 30, 2011

oh my! So many great things! I”m bookmarking this so I can try them all!

121 tweal March 30, 2011

I have an OXO salad spinner and I love it! Before that I had a cheapie version which never worked quite right, and had holes in the bottom so it didn’t hold water. OXO is the best.

At first I was craving mangos and now it’s pesto. I wonder how I can work that into a breakfast….

122 AGS March 30, 2011

I thought about your project of writing a cookbook when I read this post.

I think you’ll enjoy this article — I particularly enjoyed this quote:
“You, on the other hand, actually are working on something, and it keeps evolving. You don’t like the section you just finished, and you are not sure what will happen next. When someone asks, “What are you working on?,” you stumble, because it is hard to explain. The smug guy with the beer and the cigarette? He’s a poseur and never actually writes anything. So he can practice his pat little answer endlessly, through hundreds of beers and thousands of cigarettes. Don’t be fooled: You are the winner here. When you are actually writing, and working as hard as you should be if you want to succeed, you will feel inadequate, stupid, and tired. If you don’t feel like that, then you aren’t working hard enough.

123 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 30, 2011

I’m loving all of your recipes!!! :D I totally hear ya! I take a ton of pictures of my recipes, and some of them don’t even end up on the blog. ;) I need to go clean out my Photography Closet too! :D

124 Sam @ the neurotic yogini March 30, 2011

Mexican Loaded Savoury Oats?!?! Oh-Ma-GAHWD! MMM!

125 India-leigh March 30, 2011

Yey! Thanks for writing an honest post about your blogging/photography/recipe creation. Lots of what you wrote resonated with me……sometimes taking pics of my food is like trying to pay hommage to landscape…it just doesn’t ‘get’ it. Your savoury oats looks CRAZY…in a good way. I’m making that bowl of madness as soon as I get chance! I think your photography (what you’ve shared anyway) is v.good btw.

126 India-leigh @ aveganobsession.blogspot.com March 30, 2011

p.s The kale chips look awesome..I think I’ve used too little mixture in the past..they came out kind of flaky and not like Earth’s Kale chips…have you tried with dark choc? supposed to be sooo good.

127 Katie (quick cook rice) March 31, 2011

I wanted an OXO Mango Splitter forever, finally got one, and have such difficulty using it that it now sits in my gadget drawer, sad and forgotten! Maybe it’s time to try again? The oatmeal looks delicious.

128 Brooke March 31, 2011

I just made the mango-kiwi overnight oats, but my mango was bad so I substituted goji berries. This is an awesome breakfast and I looooove the almond extract….sooo good! I have loved every recipe I have tried from this website. Keep up the great work Angela!

129 saravixen April 10, 2011

Yummy Yummy Yummy! This all looks great!
I really like your photos and I can totally imagine the overload on pictures (I often have the same problem). But please keep’em coming ;)

130 Andrea May 21, 2012

I had your Orange Creamsicle VOO for breakfast this morning and it was delicious! I wasn’t sure how I would like oranges in my oats, but it actually worked realllly well with the coconut. I used Silk coconut milk instead of almond milk to give it more coconut flavor, and the coconut cream is definately what MADE this bowl! So yummy! Thanks for introducing me to a new and unexpected flavor combo! :)

131 SuntFrumoasa.com February 10, 2014

Wow.. I just love your photos!