Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

IMG 3157   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

March 23, 2010 (FL vacation)

IMG 99151   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

IMG 95371   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOOIMG 9593   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOOIMG 9609   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOOIMG 9625   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOOIMG 3323 2   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOOIMG 0105 2   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOOIMG 9135   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOOV0011167   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOOIMG 9705   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOODSC 6786   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOOIMG 2867   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOOIMG 3054   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOOIMG 9481   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOOIMG 9482   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOOIMG 9961   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

March 23, 2011 (Southern Ontario)

IMG 9952   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

If you woke up to snow this morning, I feel your pain!

That is a tough pill to swallow.

IMG 9923   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

IMG 9925   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

If you squint your eyes really small, you can see the beach and sunshine. I’m lounging with a margarita off in the distance! Cool, huh?

IMG 9949   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

And because I’m apparently a 90 year old lady, I slipped on the driveway this morning while shoveling and bruised my tailbone! I’m sitting here with a big bag of ice on my bum, sipping hot tea in front of the space heater.

If you think about it, I’m pretty much in Florida right now. And I think I would fit right in with the elderly and their dog strollers.

I’ve always wanted a Cadillac.

IMG 3107   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

IMG 31031   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

The great thing about this recipe is that you could pretty much clean out your fridge and use whatever you have and it would still turn out. :) I didn’t have any green beans or apple as in Kath’s recipe, so I just used what I had. Be sure to check out her recipe too!

I came up with 1 orange pepper, 1.25 sweet potato, 1 onion, 2 cloves garlic, couple handfuls spinach.

The dressing ingredients: EVOO, pure maple syrup, Dijon mustard, black pepper, balsamic vinegar, S + P.

IMG 3113   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

My version included onion! ;)

IMG 3114   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

Get your sauté on.

IMG 3119   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

Add in the cooked lentils.

IMG 3120   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO IMG 3122   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

And in the roasted sweet potatoes.

IMG 3125   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

And mix everything in!

IMG 3133   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

Despite the frightful weather we are experiencing, this really is a lovely dish for Spring!

Light, fresh, and energizing!

IMG 3152   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

I’m also rocking a new bowl of Vegan Overnight Oats this week.

IMG 3166 2   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

Delicious! Cookie dough and doughy oats are a match made in heaven.

IMG 3163   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

According to this mug, I should book a tropical vacation today… ;)

IMG 3169   Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) March 23, 2011

The VOO looks like dessert. I like that :-)

Amanda March 24, 2011

Your poor bum! I woke up this morning to see snow as well…. then I swore. A lot.

Sara March 24, 2011

Angela,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Your blog is absolutely amazing. We need more women in the world like you! We need to start being real and HONEST with each other, and visiting your blog is like getting a great big warm hug. I just love it. I always leave with a smile. And I always leave a little hungry… funny how that works. ;)

Cheers,

Sara

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

thanks Sara!

Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 24, 2011

I did overnight oats for the first time today! I was like, I can’t believe I haven’t done this yet, Ange is going to kill me ;)

Ellie@fitforthesoul March 24, 2011

aww lovely pictures Angela! And the oats look so yummy…’tis okay, I’ll be waking up soon for bfast. :P

shana @100lbsandcounting March 24, 2011

ANGELA!! have you seen the following contest hosted by Whole Foods? I got it in my inbox today and INSTANTLY thought it’d be PERFECT for you! Please try out for it!!! winner gets a “culinary foodie fantasy trip” to Europe! DO IT!! =)

Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner March 24, 2011

Oh the lentil salad… yum!! I love lentils.. I think the texture of the sweet potato would be a great mix.
I totallllllllllllly agree about the snow/winter… ENOUGH ALREADY eh!! We’re ready for Spring!

Paige @Running Around Normal March 24, 2011

Oh Ange! I feel for you! And this worries me a bit…Shane and I are on a beach vacation – it’s imminent, what we’re coming home to back in Illinois! Hope the snow melts with the sun for you today :)

Bethany March 24, 2011

I made the sweet potato/lentil salad last night, and it was delicious! My husband and I both liked it. And a great recipe to have since I always have all of the ingredients it calls for. Thanks!

Bethany March 24, 2011

Looking forward to making the Cookie Dough VOO too. : )

Helen @ healing through positivity March 24, 2011

Could you tell me if you used fresh, raw spinach or do you pre cook it before adding? I am over the top excited about trying this salad at the weekend!!!

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 24, 2011

Your Overnight oats looks exquisite!!!! I love it! :D

xoxo
Kathleen

Veronica March 24, 2011

Aw, poor Ange! No snow here in Kansas, yet, but I’m afraid it’s heading for us. :( This salad looks amazing and is on my “to try” list. I love sweet potatoes and I’m trying to get my hubby to like them too. So far, the only way he’s almost liked them is in beef stew. We’ll see if I can get him to eat them in a vegan dish. I love that purple triangular bowl you have your oats in!!

Sarah S. March 24, 2011

I *finally* jumped on the VOO bandwagon! I only wish I had done it sooner. So. Good.
I’ve been craving your vegan cookie dough blizzard ever since you posted it, and now I have an even better excuse to get to it! Leftover dough for VOO!!! So excited :)

Stay warm!

Hilary March 24, 2011

Lookin’ tasty! Cookie dough for breakfast?!…HELLO! I need to get on the overnight oats bandwagon!

Jennifer Drummond March 24, 2011

I love the Sweet Potato dish! I made it for dinner tonight! I made the dressing, but forgot to add it, but it tasted so good without it, so much flavor with the onions and peppers. I didn’t have the lentils so I used a Trader Joe’s Brown Rice Medley (cooked in veggie broth) and followed your directions exact and let me tell you it was so tasty with the rice. I am bringing some to work tomorrow to share with my co-workers.

Christine March 25, 2011

Thanks for inspiring my dinner last night! No sweet potatoes, but I made do. I used quinoa instead of lentils because I didn’t have any and used fresh green beans and some leftover corn with the onion and garlic. I also added a can of small white beans to add some protein. That dressing is delicious! :-)

Helen @ healing through positivity March 29, 2011

This salad was a little bit of HEAVEN – who knew lentils could be so yummy!!!

Amanda March 29, 2011

I have tried both of these recipes and they are FANTASTIC!!! I have become addicted to your site, thank you so much for taking the time and love to make this! <3

Geneviève March 30, 2011

O. M. G.
I tried the sweet potato and lentil salad tonight and it was freakin’ AMAZING.
I thought I didn’t like sweet potatoes but this recipe completely proved me wrong. Cheap, nutritious, delicious. What more can you ask for?!!? I’m already excited for leftovers tomorrow night!!
Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this. It’s officially going on my weekly supper rotation.

Tawney April 13, 2011

I’m new to this site and just making it to this recipe. Cold wet west coast weather + this warm salad = a fabulous lunch. This will be a regular dish!

Janet April 15, 2011

This is a delicious meal and oh so healthy! I have bookmarked it on my iPad. Wonderful and easy to prepare! I substituted agave and it was still very tasty. Thank you! I am looking forawrd to trying your other recipes…

Masha October 18, 2012

i just made this and its AMAZING. I’m a big sauce/dressing person so i pretty much tripled the dressing recipe to use lol eating it now :) YUM

Amy September 24, 2013

I made this for dinner tonight. College student style: microwaved the sweet potato, water cooked garlic and onion (I don’t have olive oil), and subbed apple cider vinegar for the balsamic vinegar–this is one of my new favorite dishes! I am looking forward to having the leftovers for lunch tomorrow! A great straight forward recipe, and über delicious!
Thanks for sharing! :))