Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

IMG 3216   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

Our hike yesterday was a good time! A chilly good time. The lovely sunshine disappeared right as we were leaving and I just could not warm up on the hike. My hands were so cold with my thin cotton gloves I had to borrow Eric’s big, black creeper gloves!

IMG 9916   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes IMG 9917 2   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

A creeper smile seemed fit for the occasion, as it always does! I think I scared a few children along the hike.

We hadn’t been to this trail since Project Food Blog #6: Going The Distance last Fall. Unfortunately, we didn’t have a Vegan Endurance Lunch packed like last time, but I was very happy I didn’t have to worry about all the food photography!

IMG 9911 2   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

We hiked about 10km, trying to stay out of all the mud which lined the trails. We mostly hiked off-trail for the entire time.

IMG 9898   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

Peak-a-boo, I see you.

IMG 9905   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

Before we left, we fueled up on this Spring-like breakfast of champions.

IMG 3217   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

Meet Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes.

IMG 3191   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

My favourite way to enjoy pancakes is to stack them and I love to layer pancakes with different kinds of fruit, nut butters, jam, pumpkin butter, etc.

Spiced Up & Stacked Pumpkin Butter Pancakes are a Fall favourite…

20101007IMG 4481 thumb   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

Maple Peanut Butter, Banana & Jam Pancake Stack

IMG 5331   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

Mmmm.

IMG 53201   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

Banana Pancake ‘Sandwich’

IMG 6269   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

the gooey Blueberry Carob Pancakes

IMG 4836   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

and yesterday, the Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes made their debut. I have been meaning to try out this vegan pancake recipe I saw in Bon Appetit magazine a while back and luckily it did not disappoint!

IMG 3195   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

IMG 3172b   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

I sprinkled the pancakes with sweetened coconut and topped them with a scoop of Strawberry Banana Soft Serve as a special treat.

If you don’t want to make the Banana Soft Serve, you could also also make this fun banana coconut maple sauce as shown here:

IMG 2092   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

It might be fun to mash some strawberries in it too!

IMG 3197   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

I think the pictures speak for themselves…these were a big hit! I have plans to make a nut butter version using Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter Banana Soft Serve…with blueberries, perhaps. :)

IMG 3206   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

IMG 3216   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

Today is the LAST DAY you can vote in the Best Health Magazine Blog Awards. I’m nominated in the Eat Well (Cooking & Healthy Eating) category and I would love your support!

blog awards badge1   Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes

Have a good Monday!

lindsey March 22, 2011

Clicked on this on Tastespotting and was SO happy when it brought me to your site. Now I can make them and be guilt free. <3 the soft serve on top idea. my kids are huge fans of the soft serve and will eat practically anything if it has some on top.

Sarah March 22, 2011

You just look so beautiful! :)

Mary @ Delightful Bitefuls March 23, 2011

Ooooooh my! DRRROOOLLLING! These look phenomenal!

Great blog!

Mary xo
Delightful Bitefuls

Lana March 23, 2011

Those pancakes look HEAVENLY!!! I can’t believe how cold it is there still…you should move to Texas! lol

Sruthi @ Exercise, Food & Beyond March 23, 2011

Those pancakes look amazing. You are too good at photography, the pictures make you want to eat them right now.

Laurel March 23, 2011

Gorgeous! And I am instantly starving after seeing this post! We’re featuring breakfast this week over at the M&T Spotlight and I’d love for you to submit this. http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

Karly March 23, 2011

Oh my goodness! This looks soooooo good! I could eat this as a breakfast or dessert!! Love the stacks with generous portions of strawberries and syrup! yummy!!

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 23, 2011

Oh my goodness gracious! These look OUTSTANDING!!!! I absolutely adore your photography!!!!

xoxox
Kathleen

Emily Darlington Cooke March 24, 2011

These were DELICIOUS! I didn’t have any coconut milk, so I just used soy milk, and I added a few tablespoons of flax seed as well. Thank you for such a decadent yet healthy breakfast!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

yay!

Andrea Schuetz March 26, 2011

Those look uhhmaaazing! I will be making them this weekend! :)
Did you use coconut milk in the can, or So Delicious coconut milk? I’m assuming in the can, eh?

Thank you thank you thank you! :)

Andrea Schuetz March 26, 2011

Duh! Sorry I just saw the can of coconut milk in the picture! :)

Vivian Leung March 26, 2011

Hi Angela,

Whipped these up to cheer myself up after missing spin class this morning. I’m definitely going to be eating that soft serve by the bowlfull this summer. I even wrote about these in my own food blog. Thanks for sharing, you’re a total genius.

Lee March 27, 2011

Ang, your photography is fantastic :)

steve@gourmet-magazin March 30, 2011

I Think I need pancakes immediately

Vivian Leung April 4, 2011

Froze the leftover pancakes when I made these and thawed some out today to make my own post-workout ‘stack’. Bananas and Peanut Butter, mmmm. Thanks for a great pancake recipe.

Levon Saunders April 27, 2012

…this makes me feel guilty about every other food choice I’ve made in life with how amazing and delicious these all natural breakfast jewels look.

Sandy May 10, 2012

I’m totally in LOVE with your blog.
Thanks for all the wonderful recipes & all your photos (of yourself and your food) always look so grand
:-)

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 10, 2012

Thank you Sandy!

Patti July 8, 2013

It is 11pm… I am in bed and saw this recipe, and now I am starving and craving pancakes. Can’t wait to try this!

Ciera September 30, 2013

I have made these both according to exact directions (minus the shredded coconut) and also just made them with vanilla almond milk because I didn’t have any coconut milk on hand. Using the almond milk worked fine!!! I also added about a tbsp of soaked flax seeds to see if it worked and made them a little fluffier, and it worked great!!!

Chia October 22, 2013

Hi, love your blog- have been reading it for a while now :-) These look fantastic! I’ve tried several of your breakfasts (apple pie oats, the sweet potato oats with the crispy pecan topping, carrot cake oats, etc), all with delicious results- I definitely want to try these pancakes too, but I just have a quick question: is there a specific reason why you use warm water? I’ve never seen a pancake recipe using warm water, and I’m just wondering if I’d been making pancakes wrong all my life, using cold, straight-out-of-the-refrigerator almond milk? Please inform my ignorance! Thanks :-)

liz10101 April 18, 2014

how long does it take to make? the strawberry pancakes?

Anam May 23, 2014

I have followed the instructions exactly, yet mine completely failed. They would just stick to the pan and any attempt to turn them over would result in them looking half scrambled. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong!

Angel June 11, 2014

Maybe I have a sweet tooth or I just like serving cake to guests, but I would love to see your version of Strawberry Cake.
These pancakes came out great btw!

Sarita October 29, 2014

Thank you for all you do to gather such amazing creations for us to try!
My husband gave these pancakes 16 stars! He said “these are some high-end pancakes honey!”.
I halved the recipe to just make enough for myself which ended up being PLENTY.
I did not have strawberries so I used frozen blueberries, 2 scoops of orange sorbet a drizzle of maple syrup and a drizzle of coconut milk for my topping.
I missed the temperature to cook the pancakes, too high. My “circles” were artistic,
Either way this recipe is a KEEPER!
Plus I love how yummy it makes the house smell (bonus)

Page 4 of 4«1234