Recipe Link Love, March 2

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on March 2, 2011

VEGANrecipelinklove

You know what makes me happy?

Putting together these posts!

I don’t have to write out recipes or edit photos or think of something to write about. I basically get to drool over delicious looking food, compile everything, and let other fabulous bloggers take the stage. It is a fun change of pace.

There are 200 recipe submissions in my email folder right now…can you believe that? I never expected such a response to the idea, so that is really cool. Luckily, I made a new email address and a filter so all emails to recipes [at] ohsheglows.com skip my normal inbox and I stay more sane in the process. ;)

Your next 20 vegan recipes around the web….belly grumbling likely to occur!

1. Super Veggie Lentil ‘Taco Meat’ from Ordinary Vegetarian.

IMG_8243

2. Banana Bread Muffins from Just A One Girl Revolution.

3. Garnet Yam and Avocado Panini with Garlic Mayonnaise from One Sweet Vegan.

DSCF6780

4. Quinoa Party Salad from A Fit and Spicy Life.

IMG_1813_thumb

5. Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Pie from Pursuit of Healthfulness.

pie

6. Classic Raw Coconut Macaroons from I’m Not Superhuman.

DSC_0016

7. Double Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies from Une Vie Saine.

IMG_0056

8. Triple Threat Ginger Cookies from Spiced Plate.

IMG_1291

9. Gluten-Free and Vegan Quinoa and Buckwheat Granola from Hungry Hungry Hippie.

img_5809

10. Snap Pea + Israeli Couscous from Live Well Fit Now.

Snap pea couscous

11. Chocolate Tofu Brownie from Moves ‘n Munchies

img00379-20110128-1037-1

12. Kabocha Pecan Bread from Thyme Bombe.

IMG_2220

13. Winter Minestrone from Land Animal.

soup-1[2]

14. Roasted Vegetable with Walnuts and Quinoa from Fitting It All in.

roastedvegetableswithquinoa

15. Vegan + Gluten-Free Lasagna from Clean, Green, Simple.

Lasagna-1

16. Veggie Burgers, Butternut Squash Fries, and low fat Onion Rings from Clean, Green, Simple.

Burger

17. Kamut Power Blend from Eat, Spin, Run, Repeat.

IMG_1300

18. Vegan Banana-Sweetened Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Carrie On Vegan.

IMG_0203

19. Sweet Potato Quinoa Cakes from Eating Bird Food.

sweet-potato-quinoa-cakes1

20. Vegan Gumbo from Leading the Good Life.

DSC09663

Dear Santa, Please send me a personal chef fairy. Love, Ange xo

~~~

Recipe Link Love is a new series highlighting other blogger’s vegan recipes right here on OSG! For more info, see this post.

Missed these previous Recipe Link Love posts?

Feb 26 2011

Feb 28, 2011

Kristy @ KristyRuns March 2, 2011 at 6:40 pm

SO many wonderful recipes to try! LOVE THIS! And yay for linking to Thyme Bombe! She’s awesome! :)

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe March 2, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Ahhh! You are too sweet!

chocolate-covered katie March 2, 2011 at 6:48 pm

I’ll take one of everything, please :).

And also, I wanted to letcha know how sweet it is of you to do this!
(Also, I sent an email, but my emails often go to spam. If you didn’t get it, let me know.)

Love (and chocolate!),
Katie

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 2, 2011 at 9:25 pm

yes maim I got it! Looking forward to posting it :)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) March 2, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Holy moly! Everything looks sooo good! I am lovin’ these 20-recipe posts. So awesome. I want to try them all.

Not sure if I could not eat the olives off of that lasagna, lol. I’d pick them off one by one until they were nonexistent. hehe :)

Emily @ One Sweet Vegan March 2, 2011 at 7:08 pm

I’d like some of all of them. Mmm! Thanks for including my recipe! :-)

Julie @ Shining From Within March 2, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I love this! Cant wait to see mine show up ;) its a great idea to support other bloggers.

Andrea @ Vegvacious March 2, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Hi! I’ve awarded you with The Stylish Blogger Award. Check it out: http://vegvacious.blogspot.com.

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 2, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Thank you!!

[email protected] March 2, 2011 at 7:21 pm

those chocolate peanut butter cookies look to die for!

Alyneee March 2, 2011 at 7:23 pm

UGHHHHHHHHHH I want a chef fairy too!
I asked some kids in one of my classes if they’d volunteer, but was mocked</3

Carrie (Carrie on Vegan) March 2, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Thanks for including my banana-sweetened oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe! Love ya girl!

lauren @ spiced plate March 2, 2011 at 7:28 pm

thanks so much for including my triple threat ginger cookies! I can’t get enough of them
I really appreciate all the work you do for this — and I love the collection that forms from it.
that gf and vegan lasagna looks particularly tasty!

Moni'sMeals March 2, 2011 at 7:34 pm

wow! I want to try them all! I can’t belive you have 200 and counting!

this is just a great idea.

Kathryn March 2, 2011 at 7:47 pm

This is my new favorite OSG feature! Thanks for puting it all together. I’m also really excited because I recognized that yam avo panini because I’ve been to the resturant where they make them here in Sacramento, CA. I was quite excited to find a fantastic vegan blog by a local vegan! LOVE IT!

Thanks Angela!
p.s. Make the panini – you’ll die. It is SO good.

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 2, 2011 at 9:23 pm

do u need a panini maker?

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) March 2, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I SO knew that this was going to be a big hit :D …it makes me want to put on my apron and get cookin’ vegan style! I also want to go into my recipe index and mark all recipes that are vegan (or could EASILY be) with a v.

Baking 'n' Books March 2, 2011 at 7:48 pm

There are no words to express the genius behind this.

Holy. Cow. (well, not really a cow…) – every one I want to make I can’t decide! Those muffins. Wait, the lasagna…no the pecan bread.

Oh it’ll all happen one day…:)

Jo March 2, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Hey that’s my soup! I wasn’t sure you’d post it bc my pic isn’t so good, but I’m so happy you did. I hope others fall in love with it too!

And thanks for doing this recipe link love series! I am bookmarking them all next time I need recipe inspiration. These posts are such a great resource :)

Amber K March 2, 2011 at 8:04 pm

These just keep getting better and better! When I saw the vegan and gluten-free lasagna I just about died! Yumm

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 2, 2011 at 9:22 pm

me too that one stole my heart!

Mimi March 2, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Thanks for posting my recipe for peanut butter and jelly cookie pie! I hope others get to enjoy it, too!

Red Deception March 2, 2011 at 8:08 pm

I shouldn’t look through these when I am so hungry. The panini looks especially divine.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 2, 2011 at 8:13 pm

One thing looks better than the next!

Some of these ladies, I read their blogs, and remember these recipes! Others are new to me. And I am drooling!

Again, many thanks for putting this together, Angela! You are a gem for organizing all of these emails, pics, links, and no doubt…chaos thrown in for good measure :)

Thanks to all your readers who’ve submitted, too!

Jessica @ The Virtual Scrapbook March 2, 2011 at 8:13 pm

I WANT A PERSONAL CHEF!! I actually want you to be my personal chef. I am an awful cook, and I eat very simple meals. I need a chef! Hmm…yes christmas fairy, send me one too!

Gen March 2, 2011 at 8:14 pm

am now hungry!
bookmarked all of these! =D

Gina March 2, 2011 at 8:15 pm

A personal chef fairy would be divine right now :)

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn March 2, 2011 at 8:25 pm

I agree – personal chef fairy, please! These look way too good, especially all of the burgers, lasagna, taco “meat”… I dieeeee:)

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman March 2, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Thanks for including my macaroon recipe! The rest of the recipes look great, too.

Janessa @ Epicurious Vegan March 2, 2011 at 8:44 pm

These look amazing! I’m especially excited about the lentil taco meat; that recipe looks delicious!

Sarah S. March 3, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Hey, thanks! I’m obsessed with it. I hope you like it too!

Lauren March 2, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Those double dark chocolate peanut butter cookies are all of my favorite foods combined into one. Love these recipe posts!

Lizz @ Leading the Good Life March 2, 2011 at 9:08 pm

This is so great, thank you!!! You really are such an inspiring vegan, blogger, baker, and positive person. :)

p.s. Thanks for including my gumbo!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 2, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Thanks so much for the link love mention Ange!! These recipes sound great… I think I need to check out Carrie’s Chocolate Tofu Brownie now!! :)

Angela (the diet book junkie) March 2, 2011 at 9:15 pm

holy, chocolate truffle brownies. thanks again for passing on the links! :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 2, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Ahhh! Too many recipes and not enough time!

Brittany March 2, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Wow- all the recipes look and sound amazing!

Thanks for featuring my Sweet Potato Quinoa Cakes Ange!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} March 2, 2011 at 9:39 pm

So many great recipes to try!

Shelley March 2, 2011 at 9:40 pm

I just have to say THANK YOU for these posts!

I’ve just started “animal product free March” and deciding what to eat, menu planning is something I really struggle with at the best of times, but you are making it so easy!

Some of your recipes are already a staple (your tomato, walnut, basil pasta is a BIG hit, I had to fight meat loving hubby for the leftovers!) and I’m sure I wouldn’t have had the guts to try anything like this if you didn’t make your recipes look so great, and easy to make :)

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table March 2, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Angela. You have to stop. I can’t make all of these fast enough! :)

That burger, fries, and onion rings… *drool*

JL goes Vegan March 2, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I pretty much have chocolate tofu brownie on the brain right now — and I don’t have that much of a sweet tooth!

Natalie March 2, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Thank you so much for this Angela. I’m sure this is a lot of hard work to put together. It really helps me though because I didn’t even know all these vegetarian and vegan blogs existed. The visual really helps when I’m trying to come up with a new recipe. You have such a lovely, community spirit.

Ari @ ThE DiVa DiSh March 3, 2011 at 1:31 am

One word…
Hungry

Freya March 3, 2011 at 2:10 am

Angela I love these recipe link love posts! I was just going to have some fruit/yoghurt for dinner (too tired!) but these have given some much needed inspiration!

Marit March 3, 2011 at 2:37 am

Hey
I wanna participate by entering a fab fruitcake into the competition but i need help.
What do i replace the eggs with?
the rest of the damned thing is vegan except for 3 eggs and i know i need to replace them but i have no idea how…
Anybody? HEEELP MEEE! please-pretty-please?
I promise, this cake is totally worth it.

I am loving the rest of the recipes BTW. they look awsome!
can’t wait to try a few.

Hugs
Marit

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 3, 2011 at 10:59 am

Replacing 3 eggs in a recipe can be very tricky- usually 1 works well, but 3 can produce iffy results. I’m really not sure what advice to give you as it is usually just trial and error that makes it work. You could try the standard flax eggs (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water = 1 egg) or you could try a combo with 1-2 flax eggs and maybe 1/4 pureed banana or something of that sort.

Marit March 3, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Thanx and
I DID IT!!!
i replaced it with bananas and it tastes even better than the original!

YAY!

e-mail follows!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 3, 2011 at 3:33 pm

awesome news!!!

Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) March 3, 2011 at 2:38 am

AHH this are all AWESOME!!!!! thanks for putting mine up there :)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie March 3, 2011 at 4:39 am

So here I am, at 3:30 in the morning waiting for my baby to go back to sleep after a feeding and I see this……bad news because guess what happens when I nurse? I get hungry and guess what happens when I read this? I get hungrier! I want all of these really really badly. My brief run with gluten free veganism makes these even more appealing!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 3, 2011 at 10:57 am

sounds like YOU need a chef fairy!

Justeen @ Blissful Baking March 3, 2011 at 6:27 am

I have so many new recipes I want to try out! I think those double chocolate peanut butter cookies and kabocha pecan bread are at the top :) And I’m so intrigued by the chocolate tofu brownies. All great recipes!

AGS March 3, 2011 at 6:50 am

Holy macaroni. This is a stellar collection. One of my goals for 2011 was to incorporate more raw and vegan foods into my diet. That, and I promised myself I would sample some sort of new recipe (or at least use something as inspiration) a couple times a month. Not only have I definitely been on-track with my goal, but I see it as only becoming more and more fun/delicious/energizing/enriching/etc with this blog post.

And, just a shot: if someone sends you anything with millet. . . would you please post it? My husband has decided he loves millet (who’d have thought), and even brings it up periodically to me that I haven’t made it since I used up our bag.

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 3, 2011 at 10:56 am

Yes for sure, I will keep my eyes peeled! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 3, 2011 at 10:57 am

I meant to add, I have some millet sitting in my cupboard right now, scared to try it! hehe

Lauren at Keep It Sweet March 3, 2011 at 6:54 am

Loving this – so many new blogs and great looking recipes!

kaila @ healthy helper! March 3, 2011 at 7:42 am

chef fairy? sign me up too! hope you got my submission! this page is being bookmarked right now!

Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner March 3, 2011 at 7:51 am

Every single one of these recipes look amazing!!!!! Reading these (and seeing the pics) really inspires me to experiment in the kitchen and try new things. Thanks for sharing all of these!!

Richelle March 3, 2011 at 9:48 am

Wow, thanks for all these recipes! I just ate breakfast, but these pictures are starting to make me hungry again.

Camille March 3, 2011 at 10:14 am

Amazing, as usual! I bookmarked the heck out of that lasagna!

Sarah S. March 3, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Thanks for including my taco ‘meat’ among all of these amazing entries! I am very VERY tempted by the double dark chocolate peanut butter cookies right now. Mmm!!

Emily March 3, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Made the onion rings within 24 hours of reading this post.
They’re incredible.
On to the next one…

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 3, 2011 at 9:28 pm

mm I cant wait to make them!

Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble) March 3, 2011 at 8:00 pm

I’m a vegetarian personal chef… and I can wear wings, if you want. :D

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 3, 2011 at 9:28 pm

hahah perfect!!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) March 4, 2011 at 12:02 am

Mmmmmm, those olives on that lasagna!!! That looks SO good!!

I love that you are doing this new feature Angela :-)

Ally March 4, 2011 at 7:38 am

Thanks so much for posting all these! What a great resource! :)

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 4, 2011 at 3:10 pm