Falafel Burgers

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on March 1, 2011

IMG_1811

HELLO March!

Damn, you look good. Just lose the snow, mmm kay?

March > February.

IMG_9673

I am always the most excited for March out of the entire year. Well, except for April. And May. And then June. Yes I like those months much more than March. OK, scratch that.

IMG_9677

I’m just happy to be done with February! February is my least favourite month of the year because of the Winter blahs. On March 1st, there is hope. The days are getting longer. Even though it was –9C when I got up this morning, I know that warmer weather is on its way sometime between now and July 1st. Approximately.

IMG_9675

Today, I bumped the regularly scheduled post (Soup!) for this important announcement:

These Falafel Burgers are amazing. Addicting even…And I only had 1 bowl to clean up when it was all said and done.

IMG_1811-2

I had my eye on Julie’s recipe ever since I posted about it in my Recipe Link Love the other day. Ok, that is a bit of a lie…I completely stalked her post several times a day.

Yup, still there. Whew.

I knew that these Falafel burgers would soon be in my belly. It was really only a matter of time.

Well, technically, 3 days, but you shouldn’t wait that long….run, skip, fly into that kitchen of yours and whip up these incredibly easy burgers and enjoy the leftovers all week long for a protein-packed pick-me-up. They would go lovely with breakfast, a snack, or lunch on the fly. If you make 12 large patties, each burger has about 9-10 grams of protein (rough calculation only).

IMG_1818

And because I can never let any recipe be, I played around with the recipe and prayed for a successful outcome. The result was a delicious falafel patty with a seedy crunch and crispy exterior. At the end of it all, I had just one processor bowl to clean up. And by clean up, I mean that I blasted a second of water on it and tossed it into the dishwasher.

Score.

I almost shed tears of joy, my friends, tears of joy.

IMG_1816

The changes I made to the original recipe:

• I cut the olive oil in half from 1/2 cup to 1/4 cup
  • I increased the flour from 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup (my batter was very wet, so I had to thicken it up more)
  • I added 1 cup of raw sunflower seeds for a crunchy texture
  • I garnished the patties with Paprika before baking

Line up the troops…

IMG_1785

Absent from the photoshoot: raw sunflower seeds, which were an after thought. :) I also did not use the ground flax like I thought I would.

Start by processing the carrots, onion, and garlic in a food processor. Next add in the drained chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, and salt + seasonings. Process until almost smooth. Finally process the flour into the mixture and stir in 1 cup of sunflower seeds. (The seeds are key for the crunch!)

The ‘batter’ is like a jacked up tahini-rich hummus…with a crunch.

IMG_1788

Scoop about 1/4-1/3 cup of batter onto baking sheet and flatten with wet hands. You want the burgers to be quite thin so they will cook throughout.

More surface area = quicker cooking time.

IMG_1794

Bake for 20 minutes and gently flip over and bake for another 5-10 minutes, watching carefully. If you do not use a baking mat like I do, your burgers will likely cook a few minutes faster.

IMG_1798

The burgers will be golden brown on one side, but not to worry. This gives them that crispy exterior!

IMG_1804

Cool for about 15 minutes and enjoy. I didn’t have any issues with crumbling and they held together well. Sadly, the burgers got soft when I placed them in Tupperware and into the fridge. I’m not sure if this was because I didn’t allow them to cool enough or what…

IMG_1808

Serve them on a burger patty, in a sandwich, crumbled on a salad, or with a warm pita with your favourite toppings and sauce.

IMG_1818

Or, might I sheepishly add…straight from the baking sheet…Surprised smile

I turned into a Falafel Burger Pac Woman after I tried one. ..

IMG_1818b

Yum! Thanks Julie. :)

If you are feeling crazy you could always do the Falafel Double Down Version too…by smothering a couple spoonfuls of hummus in between two patties. That is always a favourite of mine with chickpea burgers.

And I think I just heard a bird chirp. March, you are off to a good start!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg March 1, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Haha, I agree– I love the summer months the most, but when February is over, it just feels like we’ve turned a CORNER!! Love it!

These look great!

Jin March 1, 2011 at 4:28 pm

These. look. awesome. If only I had a food processor and a baking sheet at rez!

JenATX March 1, 2011 at 8:13 pm

may i ask, what is the advantage of the baking sheet? thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 1, 2011 at 9:49 pm

the Silpat is awesome, I cant say enough good things about it. It prevents sticking and eliminates the need for parchment paper and secondly it results in more even baking. I have noticed a difference, especially with cookies.

Freya March 1, 2011 at 4:29 pm

They look SO FRIGGIN GOOD!!! Wow. Definitely book marked this page :)

Gina March 1, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Hahahaha love the Pac Woman!
These look great! I love falafel :)

Heidi March 1, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Yum, those look great! The crunch is key for me. Nothing like a mushy veggie burger, lol!

Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) March 1, 2011 at 4:32 pm

HA LOVE the falafel burger pac woman!! And man alive those look so GOOD!! I LOVE falafel!! :D

[email protected] March 1, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Yum these burgers look delish, I agree with your idea of slathering hummus between two and eating it that way!

Baking 'n' Books March 1, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I was thinking the same thing! YUM. Love hummus. And burgers ;)

Do you eat Sabra Hummus?…I think they put crack in it….

MASSIVE storm here yesterday – insane on the roads. But today was beautiful :)

Teresa (Teresa Tastes & Travels) March 1, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Just when I was wondering what to make for dinner, your post came through on my G-Reader. Then, as I was daydreaming, “Gee…falafel sounds so yummy,” I realized that I have every ingredient called for! Yay!! A definite plus because there will be no store-going in the very near future (2.5 feet of snow last night). So ditto you on the “lose the snow” thing. :)

Bronwyn March 1, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Om nom nom nom. Those look delicious. I LOVE falafel. Or well, anything chickpea really. I’ll have to try these out sometime soon.

Ari @ ThE DiVa DiSh March 1, 2011 at 4:38 pm

This looks sooo yummy! anything with chickpeas is destined to be good! And I a soooo excited for spring! ;)

Allison @ Food For Healing March 1, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Oo those look scrumptious! lol

-9c? can i has.. it is like almost -40c here right now, i woke up to -45c and my car didnt start :( i should live with you!

Sarah March 1, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Mmm…I’m loving your idea for the falafel double down burger. That sounds positively scrumptious!

Lena March 1, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Oh I love falafel, but I never thought of turning them into burgers. Will make those burgers for me and my boyfriend soon!

Amy March 1, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Sweet! Had falafels on the menu tonight anyway, so I’ll just use your recipe instead of the same old one that never quite cooks all the way through. :) Falafels are awesome with this “mangocado salsa”: http://www.tastespotting.com/features/salmon-with-avocado-mango-salsa-recipe-canyon-ranch

Laura March 1, 2011 at 4:44 pm

I had something else planned for dinner, but just realized I have all these ingredients on hand! Time for a change of dinner plans! Yum.

Laura March 1, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Reporting back post-dinner! These were SO delicious!! I left out the tahini because my husband and I don’t care for the taste, and I left out the sunflower seeds because I didn’t have any on hand. We just ate them with a fork on a plate (didn’t have any pita) with a little ketchup (because ketchup is good on just about anything). Some steamed broccoli, rice, and a salad rounded out the meal nicely! My husband and I are already looking forward to taking leftovers in our lunch tomorrow. :-) Thanks for the great recipe, Angela and Julie!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 1, 2011 at 9:51 pm

glad u enjoyed them!

Heather (heathers dish) March 1, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Holy yum…I adore falafel. And burger form? Sign me up! Thanks Julie and Angela!

Bethany @Bridezilla Bakes March 1, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I LOVE the look of those burgers!

And I agree — it might not be warmer, but it’s LIGHTER outside… for longer. This makes me very happy, and is a sign of spring!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 1, 2011 at 4:49 pm

me too! The other night Eric got home from work early and it was still light out…I think he almost cried! haha

Marci March 1, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Thanks Julie and Angela for the latest recipe off my printer. Can’t wait to try. It’s like a hummus burger!

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans March 1, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Ohhhh those look great! I think I might give them a try!

And I am so glad to be done with February!

Ashley March 1, 2011 at 4:57 pm

You never fail to impress me with your chickpea transforming skills.

Mary @ Bites and Bliss March 1, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I’ve yet to try falafel due to them usually being fried..but these definitely look like something worth trying. I bet they’re amazing!

claire March 1, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I also have been dying to make julies and these look so amazing as well. I wish I had my old food processor!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table March 1, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Mrs. Pac Man! Now I have the urge to find an app for that… LOL!

Great idea reducing the oil. I bet these would be great crumbled in a pita with arugula, tomato, and tzatziki sauce.

Emma March 1, 2011 at 5:24 pm

These look great, especially being so simple. Love the idea of the added sunflower seeds for crunch :) I’ve just finished my stock of dried chickpeas though, maybe I’ll grab a can just to whip these up fast!

Jessica March 1, 2011 at 5:27 pm

These look great! I’m OBSESSED with chickpeas at the moment so will definitely be giving them a try!

Kathryn March 1, 2011 at 5:32 pm

love the vegan double down. best thing I’ve seen all day!

Julia S. March 1, 2011 at 5:34 pm

These look amazing! Do you think I could use chickpea flour?

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 1, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Hmm not sure, I haven’t had too much luck with chickpea flour in the past…

Michelle March 1, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Dang, those look AWESOME! I will definitely be trying these very soon. Add some hot sauce to those babies!

carol March 1, 2011 at 5:39 pm

These falafel burgers look amazing!!!!!! I can’t wait to try them asap! :)

Stephanie @ LiveCookLove March 1, 2011 at 5:44 pm

I had all these great plans to make potato and broccoli soup for dinner tonight but since I just happen to have every single ingredient needed for these “burgers” … I think you have just changed my mind. I’m even going to double down it just because. YUM :)

Gen March 1, 2011 at 5:45 pm

So glad its March!!!!!
Those falafel burgers look/sound delicious! =D

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe March 1, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Oh yum. I love falafel, a whole burgerful of it sounds awesome!

Krystina March 1, 2011 at 5:48 pm

These look FABULOUS! I bet they’d be wonderful with homemade tzatziki.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape March 1, 2011 at 5:49 pm

oohh, these sound fantastic!!!

Dan March 1, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Awesome. A felafel burger recipe that doesn’t crumble to pieces. I can’t wait to try this.

Melody March 1, 2011 at 5:51 pm

-9C? that is nothing! This morning was -43 with the windchill is Saskatoon, SK.
This looks wonderful, might stay inside tomorrow and make some!

Lauren March 1, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Awesome post! You sound like you are getting back to your old self after all the reno madness last week! :) (Even though I’m sure it is still continuing ;)

Ilana March 1, 2011 at 5:57 pm

mmmmmm falafellll…..Ange, I don’t know if you’re a cilantro girl, but if you are, throw some in next time you make these. That’s how they do falafel in Israel, and in my opinion, the only way :)

Gwen~healthymamma March 1, 2011 at 5:58 pm

What a pretty scenery. Don’t get much of that here in Phoenix! ;)
I adore falafel/chickpea burgers to bits! These are a wonderfully simple version!
I just made a SouthWestern version with lots of good stuff errr stuffed into them and topped with an Adobe Sauce. Check my blog in a day or two when I have the energy to blog about it! ;)

Ally (oatsandspice) March 1, 2011 at 5:58 pm

YUM – thanks for sharing the greatttt recipe! They look delicious!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) March 1, 2011 at 6:13 pm

LOL, love the Pac burger! This reminds me I have Sunshine falafel burgers in the freezer. Yours look yummy!

Amber K March 1, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Okay, the double-down version must get in my belly now! :)

Crystal March 1, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I have never thought of making burgers that way… they look great! Definitely going to try them very soon!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 1, 2011 at 6:29 pm

haha i love the falafel double down idea!! it’s only about a million times healthier than the real double down lol. these look awesome Ange! i had my first falafels last week (http://wp.me/pSUCS-1H8) and they were delicious! i like them pretty spicy, and the ones i made certainly did not disappoint. i love your addition of sunflower seeds – great idea!

Julie @SavvyEats March 1, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I’m glad you like them!

I’d be happy to take the leftovers off your hands. You know, if there are any leftovers…

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 1, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I put the leftovers in a tupperware container in the fridge and they got soft…did that happen to you? maybe i didnt cool them long enough!
I think when i reheat them I will throw them into a skillet and try to crisp them up again.

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} March 1, 2011 at 6:36 pm

What an interesting recipe. Looks tasty!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) March 1, 2011 at 6:46 pm

These look like they would taste good all wrapped up in a whole wheat tortilla with a-sprouts, red onion and tomato! Already saved a link to this recipe :)

Heather March 1, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Wahoo for March … love March and not just because it’s my bday month :) Loving the longer days too.

Can’t wait to try this recipe – yumm!

kaila @ healthy helper! March 1, 2011 at 6:54 pm

tahini+chickpeas+paprika= a match made in heaven! can’t wait to make these…..falafel is amazing on its own, but in burger form…watch out!

Lauren March 1, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Gotta try these! Falafel is one my favorite foods. I always look forward to falafel wraps every Thursday at my school.

Alaina March 1, 2011 at 7:14 pm

March is my favorite month! ;-)

I need to try different types of burgers. These look like another great recipe for my food processor!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet March 1, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Those look delicious. I am also SO ready for the spring months. Warmer weather can’t come soon enough!

Faith @ lovelyascharged March 1, 2011 at 7:20 pm

The one time I tried to make falafel from a box, I accidentally flattened them into burger patties, and have to say they were pretty good…imagine how amazing they could be if they were intended to be made that way!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 1, 2011 at 7:25 pm

This sounds like hummus in a burger form! Sounds good to me! :D

Camille March 1, 2011 at 7:35 pm

These look incredible! You can bet they found their way in to my bookmarks :)

Mel March 1, 2011 at 7:38 pm

What brand is your food processor? Have you had any problems with it? I cannot believe I have gone this long without one!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 1, 2011 at 9:50 pm

have a 12 cup Kitchenaid and it works decent…although I am often frustrated with how much I have to stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl.

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) March 1, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Wow, these sound delicious *and* easy. That’s my kind of meal!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 1, 2011 at 8:00 pm

They look awesome, Angela!

I am actually pre-drafting a post about things I usually buy at the store vs make at home, and although i make most everything from scratch, I admit to still buying pre-made veggie/bean/seed burgers.

I need to get over that, huh. And try a falafel burger!

YUM! And Falafel Burger Pac Woman = omg I LOVE PacMan!! I spent 1000s of hours of my childhood playing it. Not even exaggerating :)

Ashley March 1, 2011 at 8:13 pm

mmm mmmm mmmm is about all I can say here!! Nice work to both you + Julie! :)

Bridget March 1, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I’m excited for march too! Bring on the sunshine!

Those burgers almost look like cookies. Delicious :)

Sharon March 1, 2011 at 8:41 pm

That’s actually the first (and only so far…) recipe I’ve tried from the link love. I’ve made two batches since Saturday and eaten them all way faster than I’d like to admit. Yummy yummy yummy! Even uncooked they taste good! They freeze and defrost well too. I’m excited to try some sunflower seeds in them – what a good idea! :)

Andrea @ Vegvacious March 1, 2011 at 8:46 pm

I had my first falafel at Christmastime – I had no idea what I was missing!!! These burgers look so good – I can’t wait to try them.

Stephanie @ Live Cook Love March 1, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I just made these and you are right. Totally awesome!!! I halved the recipe and got 8 burgers. I am going to freeze some unless I eat them before they can get in the freezer! Great recipe from Julie!!!

Charlie March 1, 2011 at 9:11 pm

I hate february! Looks like winter is never going to end. March is the beginning of warmer spring weather :).
Those burgers look delicious!

Alex @ Healing Beauty March 1, 2011 at 9:19 pm

I agree, February is my least favorite month and I am so happy that it is March!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 1, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Those DO look amazing! I love falafel anything!

I can’t wait for warmer weather – March is such a tease!

Carpensm @ A Life Without Ice Cream March 1, 2011 at 9:22 pm

OMG those look amazing! And how’s this for perfect timing… I just bought a huge bag of chickpeas and accidentally made way too many..

I think you’ve solved my “what to do with so many chick peas” problem :P

Jenn from Much to My Delight March 1, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I have a major thing for falafel–these sound stellar.
PS: I made your avocado-tahini dressing and chickpea salad last week. Loved it!!

Kelly meatlesswithaman.blogspot.com March 1, 2011 at 9:43 pm

these look DELICIOUS!!! What a great recipe. Thanks for posting, I’m adding these to my arsenal STAT! :)

Alexa @ SimpleEats March 1, 2011 at 9:45 pm

YUM! Falafel is so good! These burgers look amazing. Now i’m thinking of all the toppings I could put on those!

Katie @ Real Food Katie's Way March 1, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I am definitely trying these within the next few weeks…A lot of your recipes find their way onto my blog Angela! It’s pretty much a GUARANTEE that I can leave your blog with a few recipe inspirations. As always, thank you!

Hannah March 1, 2011 at 10:13 pm

One-bowl dishes are the most amazing thing in the world. Ever. Thank you!

Molly March 1, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Will definitely be trying those ASAP. But for now, I have sweet potato and black bean enchiladas in the fridge that I made tonight after I subbed in 2nd grade all day, cleaned the house (actually put crap away!!) and opened up the windows in 28F degree weather because the sun was out and it’s March dangit. I want FRESH AIR! Oh, and I might have slipped a glass of wine in. =)

Angela (the diet book junkie) March 1, 2011 at 10:42 pm

thanks so much for sharing, i LOVE that it’s not fried! might just have to steal this one. :)

Tamar March 1, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Looks really good! But between the tahini, oil, and sunflower seeds, there is a lot of fat in this recipe, correct? How would you suggest decreasing the amount of fat?

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 1, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I already cut the oil in half so I wouldnt cut it any more…but you could cut the tahini or sunflower seeds in half probably with decent results. or leave out the sunflower seeds all together (i loved them though!)

Jessica @ Healthy Dairyland March 2, 2011 at 12:01 am

You say falafel burgers. I say falafel cookies. My chickpea/falafel addiction is consuming me.

Carly March 2, 2011 at 12:10 am

These look amazing! There is nothing better then a recipe I already have all the ingredients for!

Moni'sMeals March 2, 2011 at 12:17 am

I have a falafel recipe I use all the time and they are great BUT I look forward to making these. Not only do they look and sound amazing but I like the idea of sun flower seeds!

Ryan @ Aloha Appetite March 2, 2011 at 1:01 am

The pac woman image made me chuckle.

Somehow, your recipe listings always deliver on what I am craving. :)

Kari March 2, 2011 at 1:01 am

Ahaha, I laughed when I read ‘on March 1 there is hope’. I’ve been saying this to people all week, but for completely opposite reasons: We’ve just had the equal hottest summer on record in Western Australia and it’s forecast to remain in the high 30’s (C) until next weekend. But because it’s now Autumn, as far as I’m concerned, the end is in sight!

Enjoy your slightly warmer temperatures – I’d be sick of snow too if I was in Canada, so I guess we’re never happy :P

Leia March 2, 2011 at 5:00 am

I think I am going to have to make these TODAY! Thanks Angela & Savvy Eats!

Johi March 2, 2011 at 5:34 am

Wooow! a perfect idea how to get my proteins tomorrow! :) I am addicted to tahini… Thanks Angela! I love you blog! :)

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn March 2, 2011 at 6:47 am

I die. Falafel is basically my favorite thing in the world. Can you say in my belly, asap?!

Lindsay @ The Reluctant Runner March 2, 2011 at 7:02 am

Oh, those look really good! I made a recipe that was sort of similar to this one and my husband and I ate them for three weeks straight! I bet we’d like this one, too.

Justeen @ Blissful Baking March 2, 2011 at 8:05 am

Yum, these burgers looks delicious!! Although I am not a vegetarian or vegan, I do not eat regular burgers (probably haven’t had one in nearly 15 years!), so I am always looking for a great veggie burger recipe. This one sounds perfect!

Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 2, 2011 at 9:09 am

The “Falafel Double Down” is a hilarious idea. These look delicious!

Becca March 2, 2011 at 9:22 am

Just wanted to say that I’ve voted every single day for you in the “Best of Health Blog Awards”. Good luck!

Jillian @ Reshape Your Life March 2, 2011 at 9:58 am

I will have to try those… SOON! You should really move further south, it was nearly 75 here in Texas. It’s been t-shirt weather for a while now… Then again, I hate the snow so I’m probably biased.

Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner March 2, 2011 at 10:29 am

I am sooo over winter and would love just love for the snow to be gone aswell. I think we may be not that far from one another. It’s always just a tease though… one last snow story always seems to appear out of nowhere!!

Jenny March 2, 2011 at 10:29 am

I’ve never tried falafel burgers before! They look great, must try soon:)

Halley (Blunder Construction) March 2, 2011 at 10:47 am

Yuummm, I love anything that can easily be transformed into burger form. Give me a spoonful of tabouleh, and I’ll be set!

rachel March 2, 2011 at 11:03 am

i hear you on february blahness. march is finally here! northern winters drag on forever. now we just need somemore sunlight.

& i also need to eat these falafel burgers!

do you grow any of your own veggies?

Epicurean Vegan March 2, 2011 at 11:47 am

Those look downright sensational–and easy! Gotta love that they’re all natural and packed with protein. Thanks!

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather March 2, 2011 at 11:50 am

Eventhough spring is near i’m still waiting for some snow!

These protein packed pattys sound amazing and look like a great snack too!

Nichole March 2, 2011 at 12:11 pm

These look so delicious, I bet freezing them and grilling them in the summer would be a great option!

Leslie Paquette March 2, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Those look delicious! I can’t wait to try the recipe.

Just curious why you close comments on prior recipes/blogs? If I have a question about an old recipe should I post it on your most recent blog? I’ve been trying out a lot of your recipes and find myself wanting to comment on how awesome they are but can’t.

Thanks, Leslie

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 2, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Hey Leslie,
I close the comments after 30 days because it is otherwise difficult for myself to keep up with comments on older posts.

Sherry March 2, 2011 at 2:20 pm

How many burgers does this approx make?

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 2, 2011 at 2:58 pm

11-12 burgers (its included in the recipe description for your convenience) :)

Sherry March 2, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Oh sorry, I must have missed it. Thanks!! I am making these tonight, they look delish!!

Sruthi @ Exercise, Food & Beyond March 2, 2011 at 4:05 pm

These look delicious. I am crazy about falafel, I would love these.

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner March 2, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Haha, I love your Falafel Monsta! :)

xoxo
Kathleen

Debbie B. (DebaRooRoo) March 2, 2011 at 10:18 pm

LOVE the last pic!! Cracks me up! I think I might halve the recipe and give it a try!

Kelsey @ Clean Teen Kelsey March 3, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Would these work without the tahini? I am out. :( Do you taste it a lot?

Jess March 6, 2011 at 1:45 pm

These were delicious!! I used kidney beans instead of chickpeas (like Caitlyn at HTP did), because I am out of chickpeas. :) I ate them with plain yogurt and kale chips. Yummy!

Shannon March 13, 2011 at 10:27 am

These are so yummy! I was out of sunflower seeds but I sprinkled sesame seeds on the top with the paprika. Love it! Then I took the leftovers the other night and topped them with a whole roasted green chili, black olives and some pico de gallo-stuck under the broiler to heat up. Served with salad and spanish rice. It was to die for. The last one was a snack with some plain old salsa on top. I will be making these again for certain!

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. March 15, 2011 at 1:19 pm

LOVE falafels!! They make me bloated but I never learn!!
These look awesome.

Molly January 17, 2016 at 7:19 pm

This looks yummy and I want to make it! Could you tell me how many patties per serving?