Recipe Link Love, Feb 28

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on February 28, 2011

VEGANrecipelinklove

This link love is beginning to be a bit of a problem for me.

I’ve discovered that the food doesn’t actually come through the screen for me to eat. What’s up with that?

I think you misunderstood me before. When I said ‘attach’ your photo, what I really meant was hand-deliver this delicious food to my door step and we will feast like Kings.

I’m glad I could clear up our little miscommunication. ;)

I’m also starting to feel like my hundreds of bookmarked recipes could crash my computer. Or one day, my computer will literally eat the list on me.

It’s totally possible.

In my experience, one can never have too many recipes…or delicious things to eat, so I will forge ahead with recipe link love and hope that some day, we can have a REAL LIFE recipe exchange. It will be a colossal foodie potluck party where we can sample and taste to our every whim. Yes, I like the thought of this.

Until then, I present your next 20 vegan recipes from around the web to tempt your taste buds and spice up that weekly routine…

1. Wild Rice & Radish Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette from The Chocolate Fig.

radish3

Nothing makes me happier than a gorgeous salad!

2. Vegan Baileys Irish Cream from Epicurious Vegan.

Monday night Happy Hour, anyone?

3. Mini Peanut Butter Scones from With A Side of Sneakers.

peanut butter scones (500x333)

You had me at mini.

4. Baked Sweet Potato Falafel from Bran Appetit.

img_9328_thumb

Yes please.

5. Curried Tomato Rice from Around the VeggieTable.

rice

I love tomato and I love curry, why have I not tried it with rice before?

6. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins from Bonus Round.

5016105164_e087f08f69_b

I met Nicole last summer at HLS; she’s a sweetie with delicious recipes.

7. Nanaimo Bars from be.you.ti.fully. A.musing.

IMG_3301

Reason #486 why I’m proud to be Canadian- the Nanaimo Bar. A dessert necessity for every baker’s holster. This raw version sounds amazing!

8. Zucchini Banana Nut Bread from Marci Gilbert’s Blog.

IMG_6427-1

I picture this warm and slathered with Earth Balance. And frosting.

9. Pumpkin Chai Spice Bread from Bread & Chocolate.

IMG_3295

Pumpkin and chai sounds like a match made in heaven.

10. Homemade Granola from Chocolate and Carrots.

Homemade Granola-Variation 2

Nice clump factor!

11. Spanish Lentil and Mushroom Stew from Fresh and Foodie.

LentilStew

I don’t think I have ever had mushrooms and lentils together before, but I need to change this!

12. Sundried Tomato Pesto from Leia’s Delights.

IMG_4461

I really need some sundried tomatoes in my life.

13. Borscht from The Real Meal

beet-borscht

Borscht, Beets, Battlestar Galactica.

14. Peanut Butter Blossoms from Une Vie Saine.

IMG_7179

aka: What happens when you take Hershey’s recipe and veganize it!

15. Spicy Potatoes from Among the Tortillas.

spicypotatoes

I have a feeling these potatoes are life changers!

16. Apple bars with Cinnamon Cream Cheese from Thyme Bombe.

IMG_1805 2

Thank-you, I’ll have two please.

17. Quinoa Salad with Jalapeno Balsamic from What’s Cookin With Mary.

quinoa salad FINAL

Oh, this has Spring Fever written all over it.

18. Chocolaty Whoopie Pies from Diet, Dessert, and Dogs.

chocwhoopeepies

Is there anything more fun to eat than a whoopie pie?

19. Banana Oat Pancakes from My Little Celebration.

DSC04576

Comfort Food.

20. Spiced Almond Amaranth Pudding from The Spiced Plate.

amaranthramekin

Note to self: make ASAP.

Thanks everyone for the delicious recipes! I think I need to go on a baking bender now.

For info on how you can submit a vegan recipe (or two or five!) see this post. For future emails, if you are sending more than 1 submission, please send them in separate emails as it is easier for me to organize in my inbox. Don’t forget to attach the photo(s) too! Thank-ya. :)

Previous Recipe Link Love Posts:

Happy March! Sun

brandi February 28, 2011 at 7:27 pm

These posts are TROUBLE in the best way!

I JUST ate dinner, and I’m hungry again :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 28, 2011 at 7:40 pm

I haven’t had dinner yet…luckily I prepared it at lunch because I’m now starving! lol

brandi February 28, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Good planning :)

Nicole February 28, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Oh wow, everything looks really tasty and the photos are gorgeous!

Angela (the diet book junkie) February 28, 2011 at 7:34 pm

wow, thank you SO MUCH for the links! especially the Wild Rice and Radish Salad (and the Nanaimo Bar, of course. :) )

Kate February 28, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Thanks so much for including my pumpkin chai bread! I’d love to hear how people “make it their own”. Cranberries? Walnuts? Chocolate chips? Coconut? Let me know! And I’ll be trying these other tempting recipes soon. Cheers!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 28, 2011 at 8:29 pm

np, I cant wait to try it :)

Melissa @ Delectable Living February 28, 2011 at 7:45 pm

These look amazing– so happy I’m eating dinner right now! Can’t wait to try the baked sweet potato falafel and mini peanut butter scones.

rebecca lustig February 28, 2011 at 7:52 pm

book marking this page, thanks for the resources!

p.s. i love anything with ‘mini’ in front of it :)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 28, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Amaranth is a grain I’ve yet to try, but it’s definitely on my list! These recipes sound delicious, and I’m craving all things pumpkin and peanut butter now!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 28, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Same here, I dont believe I have tried it yet, but I have some in my pantry! Just didnt know how to use it I guess…

Marci February 28, 2011 at 7:57 pm

thanks for including my zucchini banana nut bread. reminds me it’s time to make it again! and everything else looks great too. need a bake swap or something!

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe February 28, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Thank you so much for linking to me! Glad you liked the bars, they really are delicious!

Ricki February 28, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I’m amazed by all the blog talent out there–thank you for introducing me to so many talented vegan cooks/bakers! But I’m not sure my computer can handle all of those bookmarks, either! ;)

Sara @ Baking and Wine February 28, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Hey, now you know how all of us feel when we read your recipes!!! I want food hand delivered too! Ha.

I could go for some of that chocolate crunch granola right about now. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 28, 2011 at 8:30 pm

haha yes, I guess I do!

Kathryn February 28, 2011 at 8:14 pm

NEVER read OSG when you are hungry, it doesn’t help at all. You just end up needing a new keyboard because you’ve shorted yours out with drool.

lauren @ spiced plate February 28, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Thanks for posting my amaranth pudding recipe! I’m liking the looks of a lot of these…It’s like a community recipe book!

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) February 28, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Wow, I need to bookmark this every since week. There are so many awesome recipes!

Amber K February 28, 2011 at 8:25 pm

I love vegan recipe link love. :)

Alex @ Healing Beauty February 28, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Wow these recipes look fantastic! Especially those apple cinnamon bars…holy moly I think I need one NOW!

lindsay February 28, 2011 at 8:32 pm

oh my! Angela, I need all these in my life. Thank you!

Natalie @ cinnamonbums February 28, 2011 at 8:36 pm

these link love posts are so great!!! they are making me very hungry…

Camille February 28, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Oh man, I just bookmarked about half of those. Amazing!

Sara February 28, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Thanks for linking my spicy potatoes! :D There’s some great links in this bunch… it’s times like this that I wish I could eat more, just to try some of EVERYTHING ;)

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 28, 2011 at 9:05 pm

That zucchini banana bread looks… errr… good enough to eat?!

I get to eat soft solids this weekend and this is on my list things to try! I’m thinking with a cashew butter?! :)

Marci March 1, 2011 at 10:00 am

would definitely be delish with any kind of nut butter or jam! or icing like angela said…

mary (what's cookin' with mary) February 28, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Oh yay! I’m happy to see my quinoa salad up there :) I would LOVE it if we could somehow all share our food with eachother! My MIL was telling me how back in the day her other GF’s that cooked would all get together and cook up a storm and share recipes all the time. Would be very cool!

Brittany February 28, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I just neeeeeded to tell you that the recipe link love although fantastic in every way has me saving about 25 recipes in bookmarked folder. then I get all frantic and think I need to make them all immediately! On top of your recipes, I’ll be busy for the next week!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 28, 2011 at 10:09 pm

I really need to go through my bookmarked recipes. There has to be a better way to organize than what I am doing!

Sarah February 28, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Angela! Thank you SO much for the feature. This is an awesome way to share new recipes, and I’ve loved looking at all the others. Keep it coming!

Alaina February 28, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Excuse me while I wipe down my keyboard. :-)

I think I need to start experimenting more!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn February 28, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Just when I thought falafel and amaranth couldn’t get any better!! I am droooooooling!

Kayla @ Fitter Than Choc February 28, 2011 at 9:35 pm

All these recipes look so good! Thanks for compiling these Angela. I’ve bookmarked some of these:)

kaila @ healthy helper! February 28, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I blame you for the drool on my screen……lol! I am sending my recipe in right now! Can you say scuffins!?!?!?!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 28, 2011 at 10:07 pm

mmm scuffins!

Gwen~healthymamma February 28, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Some very wonderful ideas! I know what you mean about your bookmarked folder. *sigh
I think I will take a month off and do nothing but cook and bake. and eat. Totally normal.

Carly February 28, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I am from Nanaimo, I’ll have to make those bars to spice it up!
These posts are great, I am always looking for new recipes and so far I have wanted to make every single one!

Ayla February 28, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I am LOVING the Recipe Link Love posts! My computer will probably explode too but I’m 100% okay with that. Kind of. It would really suck if my computer crashed but these recipes would be worth it. :)

Baking 'n' Books February 28, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Whoa! So mine will never be chosen because my pictures are very, very sad compared to those.
I want those Pumpkin muffins now….should I bake this late? It’d be trouble…

Question: Is Molasses vegan??

Teresa (Teresa Tastes & Travels) February 28, 2011 at 10:01 pm

my oh my I have a feeling that vegan Bailey’s Irish Cream may change my life….

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 28, 2011 at 10:07 pm

me too!

Hannah February 28, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Teehee, your intro makes me laugh, because I frequently *have* crashed/frozen my laptop because of opening 30+ tabs of recipes while blog-hopping. I so love these recipe link posts! I’m so nervous about whether any of myine will ever appear :)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) February 28, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Oh my goodness! Everything looks amazing! I need more hours in a day to cook more recipes. Sigh.

Angie February 28, 2011 at 11:16 pm

The sweet potato falafel looks amazing!!!! Great post!

Fresh and Foodie February 28, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Thank you for the feature! What a fabulous list of recipes — so many talented people out there. Can’t wait to try making a few of these. Thanks for introducing these delicious things to us!

my little celebration February 28, 2011 at 11:30 pm

thanks for the link love! I’m looooovvin it. Those pancakes are seriously delicious. I hope you can give them a try sometime!

Cathy @ What Would Cathy Eat? February 28, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Oh my god, it’s midnight and I want to eat pancakes!

Jordan February 28, 2011 at 11:50 pm

I loved The Office reference you slid in there. ;) And all those recipes look so so delishhh.

JenATX February 28, 2011 at 11:53 pm

drool. drool. drool.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) February 28, 2011 at 11:55 pm

chocolate whoopie pies, apple bars, vegan baileys??!! OMG I have a new goddess that I am worshipping and off to check her blog next.

Seriously, Angela, this is amazing! Wow…these posts you are doing are showcasing amazing food from your awesome readership AND many thanks to you for putting it all together.

I have done compilation posts like this, maybe about 40-50 recipes/bloggers’ linked at once, and it’s no small or easy task. So I wanted to thank you for your efforts…not wasted, and very much!! appreciated! :)

Juliette @ Finish Your Broccoli March 1, 2011 at 12:19 am

OK, now I’m both extremely hungry & inspired – a good thing indeed!

Leia March 1, 2011 at 1:58 am

Oh my gosh… I’ve just finished a run and haven’t eaten anything all day and this post is making me HUNGRY! So many new recipes and blogs to bookmark. And thanks so much Angela for including my pesto recipe! :)

Ashley March 1, 2011 at 2:30 am

These recipes look amazing! Some fantastic cooks out there– I love seeing healthy,fresh and delicious recipes:) I’m trying to teach my sis how to cook– it’s so fun and every night we try to make something new and different! Our neighbors are always asking for some of the leftovers, haha :)

Niamh March 1, 2011 at 3:53 am

They all look amazing. I can’t wait to try some of them out.

Sarah (Flavoropolis) March 1, 2011 at 4:11 am

Wow these all look amazing – great selection! MINI scones? Cutest and best idea ever!!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet March 1, 2011 at 6:01 am

I can see why you’d want all this food hand delivered!!

JL goes Vegan March 1, 2011 at 6:05 am

Loving this series! That photo of the Vegan Bailey’s Irish Cream is to cute! (And I have to safe these posts for after I eat …it’s early in the morning and suddenly I’m starving!)

Gen March 1, 2011 at 6:38 am

I seriously need to not read these….I keep bookmarking everything! =D My mom’s gonna go crazy with my excess flour and sugar usage! =D

Faith @ lovelyascharged March 1, 2011 at 7:21 am

Crapola, why did I read this for breakfast? And vegan Bailey’s? That’s insane…insanely awesome!

Beach Bum Beauty March 1, 2011 at 7:28 am

OH.MY.GOD!! I have just eaten a bowl of soup and am hungry again already. Just need to free a day up to get baking YUM!

Tina March 1, 2011 at 8:15 am

These all look so delicious, I wouldn’t know where to begin!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 1, 2011 at 8:45 am

I concur wholeheartedly with your giant blogger feast idea! :D

Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 1, 2011 at 8:52 am

These look so good – especially those chocolate whoopie pies. Yum.

Jillian @ Reshape Your Life March 1, 2011 at 9:31 am

So many great recipes!! I love these!

[email protected]_dieting March 1, 2011 at 9:36 am

LOVE THIS!!!! You are amazing! The first thing i look at in the morning!!!

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans March 1, 2011 at 10:37 am

The sweet potato falafel sounds really interesting!

Jen March 1, 2011 at 11:31 am

Borscht, Beets, Battlestar Galactica…

For some reason this made me giggle like a loon!

Ashley Walker March 1, 2011 at 11:37 am

Okay, I have to make the rice and potatoes NOW. Those look AMAZING.

And the only thing more fun that eating a whoopie pie is SAYING “whoopie pie”! :-D

Erin March 1, 2011 at 11:51 am

Fantastic recipes!

Lauren March 1, 2011 at 12:21 pm

I’m on a quest to get my glow back.
You’re an inspiration, I can’t wait to stalk your blog :D

PS. Those pancakes… Mmmm.

Roz March 1, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Wow….these ALL look amazing!!! I want to start trying some of these out….NOW!!! Thanks so much for the recipe roundup Angela, and thanks to all the cooks/photographers who sent them in.

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner March 1, 2011 at 12:53 pm

These look SO GOOD! :D

xoxo
Kathleen

Christine (The Raw Project) March 1, 2011 at 1:29 pm

I shouldn’t have looked at this post so close to lunch! Everything looks great, so many recipes and so little time! Thanks for posting them.

jillian m. {coffee, light and sweet} March 1, 2011 at 1:52 pm

i never knew vegan dishes could look so good! the nanaimo bar looks amazing…i have no clue what it is, but it sure does look delicious!

Elizabeth March 1, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Hey Angela!
A quick note: I have been obsessed with your blog for a couple months now (and i’m not even vegan!). I also used to struggle with disordered eating and dabbled in a couple eating disorders. Now I am healthy and good to myself on most days :) and I find your blog to be incredibly inspirational because I can relate to so much of your journey!
Anyway, enormous thanks for telling your story and being so dedicated to the issues. I wondered if you saw this article on nytimes.com today- i found it so interesting because this was one of the key factors of my recovery! I often have trouble explaining this to people not educated in the psychology of eating disorders, but this article puts it in simple terms for the general public. Hope you enjoy! http://freshnewengland.blogspot.com/2011/01/french-breakfast-puffs.html

Elizabeth March 1, 2011 at 2:30 pm

haha oops sorry, wrong link! THIS is the article http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/28/go-easy-on-yourself-a-new-wave-of-research-urges/

Richelle March 1, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Thanks for all the links, what a great idea. Those nainamo bars look amazing!

Justeen @ Blissful Baking March 1, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I just had lunch two hours ago, but now I’m starving again! Seeing all the fabulous recipes is definitely not helping! :)

Eric March 1, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I just made the pumpkin chai spiced bread and it was as fantastic as that blog describes! ! Big recommendation from me to make immediately.

TanyaS March 1, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Immediately after reading I ran upstairs and made the chocolate chip pumpkin muffins. Sooooo soft and delicious not to mention ridiculously quick and easy.

Thank you so much for these link posts.

Becky March 1, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I LOVE recipe link love!! Keep em coming :)

Sarah March 1, 2011 at 3:38 pm

“Borscht, Beets, Battlestar Galactica.”

This made me spit out my drink! Love that show!

Vanessa March 1, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Oh my goodness!! I’m overwhelmed by all of these fabulous recipes!! I love the idea of sweet potato falafel. All the dessert links looks so good!! Have I mentioned how much I love link love??

Alli March 1, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Loves The Office reference :)

Ellie September 19, 2013 at 8:01 pm

The link to the wild rice/radish salad is no longer working. Any suggestions on where else I might be able to find it? Looks AMAZING…

Carla January 7, 2014 at 8:57 pm

The radish salad recipe looks so so good! I’m dying to make it with my CSA radishes. But the link isn’t working for me. Any tips to get the recipe?