Game Changers

IMG 0670   Game Changers

I interrupt the normally scheduled post for this foodie PSA.

I present to you my newest love: Victoria White Linen Collection All Natural Marinara Sauce carried at Costco.

My two sisters have been raving about this all-natural marinara sauce from Costco for months and to my delight, Kerrie gave me one on the weekend. She told me that it is so good you feel compelled to eat it straight from the jar! I knew instantly that she meant business because the true test of a good food is whether you want to spoon feed it to yourself straight from the container. ;)

However, nothing would have prepared me for just how good it is. This marinara sauce is not only delicious, authentic, and flavourful, it is a game changer. I’m so excited about it, I’ve cooked with it the past two nights.

IMG 06721   Game Changers

Unfortunately it is a bit watery used as a pizza sauce, but I wasn’t really complaining. ;) I also made a fantastic stir-fry with it. I am thinking about making my own marinara sauce, but something tells me I will never be able to make it taste as good as this. I may have to wait until the summer when I can get my hands on some juicy local tomatoes!

IMG 0670 2   Game Changers

Tell me what food products have blown you away recently that you just want to tell the world about! Or even tell me about a long-time classic product that will always be a staple in your pantry.

A few of mine:

I shall return.

megan @ blackberries for jam February 8, 2011

I recently discovered kimchi and I am in love! Plus, I am forever devoted to Ezekiel English Muffins:

Stacy @ Every Little Thing February 8, 2011

That sauce looks great! I’ll have to look for it.

I LOVE Eden Organic pastas. They’re based in Ferndale, MI (I’m a Detroiter, though moved to St. Louis). They make the best spinach & tomato pastas. Last time, I had their parsley garlic ribbons! I mean, how fantastic does that sound??

Maria @ Oh Healthy Day February 8, 2011

I am pretty sure there has been nothing that I’ve purchased from Costco that I didn’t love. It doesn’t surprise me that they have amazing marinara sauce!

I love Pastorelli pizza sauce. I eat with spoon sprinkled with shredded mozzarella. Easiest “pizza” ever.

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 8, 2011

Weve had a lot of success with Costco too…esp their Kirkland brand! Their product testers must be really good b/c Ive never tried a bad costco product

Jennifer Jordan February 8, 2011

Love it! Can’t wait to try, and fingers crossed you make your own sauce. :) I don’t have a specific food to note, but on the subject of Costco I couldn’t believe my eyes when I was in there last month. I hadn’t been to a Costco in over a year, and was floored at the amount of natural foods and organic produce they had. Of course they still sell fruit loops and chicken wings by the ton, but…it’s nice to see a little balance. :)

Ali @ Ali on the Run February 8, 2011

My current obsession is the Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Co. It’s so delicious and creamy and I use it on English Muffins, as an ice cream topper and (don’t judge!) by the spoonful when I want something sweet. In moderation, it’s the perfect little snack for me.

Catherine February 8, 2011

Me too! And it goes perfectly in Angela’s Almond Chews.

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons February 8, 2011

Mrs. Renfros green jalapeno/onion salsa. Delish! <3 It rocks almost every type of dish you could imagine!

Mrs. Renfro's Gourmet Salsa February 8, 2011

Thanks for spreading the word, Jenn! It’s consumers like you that have made our Green salsa our #2 selling salsa behind Habanero.

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons February 8, 2011

I have a few recipes with your salsa that i’ve been holding on to for a while. I’m not sure what to do with them!

Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 8, 2011

That pizza looks so good — those tomatoes, OMG yum!!!

My favorite food product as of late is Garlic Gold — I know it is on quite a few blogs, but I love the shakers and the garlic oil. It smells amazing and it is perfect for roasting veggies.

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 8, 2011

Ive been wanting to try garlic gold for a while now…i wonder if it can be made at home?

Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 8, 2011

I’m not sure about the shakers, but you could infuse EVOO with garlic cloves — I’m not sure if you just soak the cloves in the oil and then take them out?

megan @ whatmegansmaking February 8, 2011

you know I just made my own marinara sauce with canned whole tomatoes and it was absolutely incredible. You’re making me want to run out to costco and try this though!!

I think one game changer for me was when I switched to freshly grated parmesan cheese – oh my is that stuff good!

carpensm @ A Life Without Ice Cream February 8, 2011

I love it when I find thingsl ike that! I have this hummus: http://alifewithouticecream.blogspot.com/2010/09/holy-crap-i-love-this-hummus.html

Right now I also feel that way about Farm Boy lemon garlic salad dressing. Farm boy is a local ottawa food store that has some amazing products of their own that are (usually) made with very simple and whole ingredients. It almost makes up for not having a Whole Foods anywhere near me :P

Vanessa February 8, 2011

A few of mine:

Swet Riot’s cacao nibs dipped in dark chocolate – if they sold this by the pound, I’d be in lots of trouble.

PB&Co. – the entire line, but I really love the dark chocolate dream (I don’t even miss Nutella)

Earth Balance! I love this stuff so much, I never ever even think about regular butter or margarine.

So Delicious coconut milk line. Oh. My. God. Heaven.

Meredith February 8, 2011

PC organic oats, Patak’s curry paste, PC Chunky hot salsa, and those big boxes of organic spinach that only me and families of 5+ buy.. hehe.

I’m definitely going to try that sauce! I think we eat homemade pizza or pasta almost every week.

Trish @I_am_Succeeding February 8, 2011

MMM I have not ever tried it…always have wanted to. Maybe now I will look for it.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 8, 2011

Sounds delicious! Now I really wish I had a Costco membership! One of my most recent favourites is roasted garlic – it’s so easy to do and the flavour is SO much better than the kind that you buy in a jar, or the minced bottled kind. I’ve used it as a spread, in Italian dishes…. it’s awesome!

Fallon February 8, 2011

That is the BEST store bought sauce ever. I miss it so much since I moved. Nothing compares. Making homemade sauce is a challenge to get it to taste just like that and be the same consistency.

Amy February 8, 2011

When I’m in the mood for cereal in the morning, I love Nature’s Path Granola Flax Plus with Nature’s Path Kamut Krisp cereal with unsweetened almond or hemp milk (although I haven’t found hemp milk in a while). I never used to like cereal but these were a game changer for sure!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg February 8, 2011

This isn’t a product, but I’ve been making socca non-stop after seeing it on the twins’ blog, and I LOVE it.

Embodying Freedom February 8, 2011

I have to say, I”m a huge fan of Chunky Barney Butter (Almond) or Justin’s Natural Maple Almond Butter. Both are incredible on grainy toast!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 8, 2011

omg barney Butter…how I wish we got that in Canada.

Baking 'n' Books February 8, 2011

I was thinking the same thing. I want a Whole Foods too ;) I never thought to go to Costco. I’m not a member but maybe it’s worth it just for that sauce. I have a love affair with sauce – it’s unreal – I put it on anything and eat it out of the jar with a spoon…and cheese (but I know you don’t do cheese) ;)

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman February 8, 2011

Hm, I wonder if it’s available in U.S. Costcos. I recently started using San Marzano tomatoes and–holy cow–those make excellent pizza sauce.

Meghanne February 8, 2011

I’ve just discovered coconut manna! You can put it on eggs (as I did this morning!), toast, use it as a frosting base or just eat it from the jar. Bliss!

Liette February 8, 2011

The White Linen sauce was a staple in our house until we moved 7h from the nearest Costco depressing I know. Every time we make the trip to the big city let me say I stock up. I make this delicious meal where I add chickpeas / Quinoa / celery / red & yellow peppers / garlic and tons of spices and eat it with baked tortilla shells cut in wedges

Mmmm good. I ran out a couple of weeks ago, I can’t wait for my next road trip at the end of March.

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 8, 2011

That sounds so good..how much of the marinara sauce do you add?

Liette February 9, 2011

Hi Angela,

I usually feed a family of 4 and with leftovers for lunch’s. If it’s the large bottle from Costco about 1/2 and if it the 2 packs an entire bottle.

Enjoy!

big sis February 8, 2011

that sounds amazing! the kids would love that too, thanks for all the great ideas!!

Liette February 9, 2011

My kids love it! It gets to almost the texture of Chili and scooping with the tortillas is a big hit.

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life February 8, 2011

That pizza looks amazing! Will definitely check out the sauce.

Julie February 8, 2011

YUMMO! That pizza looks DELICIOUS!! I can’t live without chia seeds, they’re so awesome in everything and can be added to thicken things up or add a boost of calcium and fiber to regular ‘ol oatmeal! I also can’t live without oats :)

Alina @ Duty Free Foodie February 8, 2011

I eat this sauce all the time and I love it too! Well, usually not straight out the jar though :P

Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 8, 2011

Lavazza coffee. I discovered it last year and now it is one of my favorites! I love it!!

Amalfi Girl (EatRunHaveFun!) February 8, 2011

Kelp noodles!!!!!!

Carly February 8, 2011

Hmmm…where to start! Kicking Horse Coffee is a staple, we don’t drink anything else anymore.

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe February 8, 2011

I was never that excited by nut butters until I found Maranatha’s dark chocolate almond butter. I look for excuses to eat some of it every day now!

Dani @ Body By Nature February 8, 2011

Arvinda’s Indian spices, they make the most amazing curry blend!

I’m doing a giveaway on my blog this week so check it out :)

dana @ my little celebration February 8, 2011

Hy-Vee’s traditional marinara sauce is AMAZING! I’m never buying prego again!

Jackie February 8, 2011

Their regular or organic line?

Tiffany February 8, 2011

Wasabi powder. My dad gave me a bunch of spices from a local spice shop, and I am absolutely in love with Wasabi powder. I’ve started putting it in guacamole, has browns, and random things. It gives a really nice little “kick” without overpowering. And it’s green…my favorite color :)

LauraLee @ Old Fashioned Vegan February 8, 2011

I started laughing as soon as I saw the picture of the jar! I LOVE this sauce! I normally just make my own sauce because I can never find a jarred sauce that is good enough, they are always too sweet, have too many weird ingredients or taste bland. This sauce brings out my inner hoarder. Another hoarding-worthy Costco find: Lundberg Family Farms organic short grain brown rice! I bought 30 pounds (!!!!) a couple weeks ago because it looks like my costco is going to stop carrying it :(

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 8, 2011

I love Lundberg! I buy 55 pound pails of brown rice syrup from them for my bakery :)

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn February 8, 2011

Ahh yum! My faves are chia seeds, oat bran, flax seeds, and Vega sport vanilla protein! I can’t go a day without it:)

Heather (Heather's Dish) February 8, 2011

i’ve recently reverted back to white-flour pasta…i know it’s not as “healthy” as whole wheat, but the texture is to die for and i love it. yum!

Christina February 8, 2011

I love that sauce! I discovered it at Costco last year, and I agree– the possibilities are endless!

Leanne (For Health's Sake) February 8, 2011

I tried spinach spaghetti last night & that was a game changer. I purchased it on the weekend from Superstore & it is wheat free, gluten free & easier to digest. Plus its extra tasty! :)

Also, you got me hooked on chia seeds….. which I love! Although they get easily stuck in teeth haha!

Joyce @ Flowing to Fifty February 8, 2011

YUM! Your casserole looks amazing. I’m always on the lookout for a great product that is all natural. Thanks for the referral.

Kerry February 8, 2011

Himalania chocolate covered goji berries. oh. my. word. no joke! I had a little date with a bag of those little suckers last night. Devoured!

Liza Jane February 8, 2011

I tend to be obsessed with all sorts of things that I used to get at Trader Joe’s, but unfortunately there isn’t one where I live now :( I do love this spicy honey mustard that my stepmom turned me onto (can’t remember the brand), and the fiance is in love with Happy Hal’s Jalapeno Relish and puts it on tons of stuff. I also become really attached to things I make myself. Like these vegan peanut butter cupcakes I made with my sister the other day. I could eat them forever and ever.

Beth February 8, 2011

That is quite an endorsement from your sister.
I’ll be looking for this on our next Costco outing.

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen February 8, 2011

There’s this butternut pasta sauce from Dave’s Gourmet that blows my mind! (though, it’s not vegan)… it’s just sooo good, an awesome blend of butternut and tomato. I want to try and replicate it solely to take out a lot of the butter and make it healthier. haha

Page 1 of 3123»