Game Changers

IMG_0670

I interrupt the normally scheduled post for this foodie PSA.

I present to you my newest love: Victoria White Linen Collection All Natural Marinara Sauce carried at Costco.

My two sisters have been raving about this all-natural marinara sauce from Costco for months and to my delight, Kerrie gave me one on the weekend. She told me that it is so good you feel compelled to eat it straight from the jar! I knew instantly that she meant business because the true test of a good food is whether you want to spoon feed it to yourself straight from the container. ;)

However, nothing would have prepared me for just how good it is. This marinara sauce is not only delicious, authentic, and flavourful, it is a game changer. I’m so excited about it, I’ve cooked with it the past two nights.

IMG_0672

Unfortunately it is a bit watery used as a pizza sauce, but I wasn’t really complaining. ;) I also made a fantastic stir-fry with it. I am thinking about making my own marinara sauce, but something tells me I will never be able to make it taste as good as this. I may have to wait until the summer when I can get my hands on some juicy local tomatoes!

IMG_0670-2

Tell me what food products have blown you away recently that you just want to tell the world about! Or even tell me about a long-time classic product that will always be a staple in your pantry.

A few of mine:

I shall return.

Page 3 of 3«123
coco September 16, 2014

Omg I use it all the time!! especially with field roast chipotle sausages

Kris February 9, 2011

My Costco stopped carrying this sauce :(

Boo!

Lorin February 9, 2011

I got those famous dough balls for christmas and those are delcious! Also, PB & Co cinnamon raisin peanut butter is amazing! I went to their actual store in New York and it was soo good! I love peanut butter though, so I might be biased.

Sarah February 9, 2011

That sauce looks amazing.

If you like Rizopia, you should try Tinkyada. It’s even better (holds its texture much better than Rizopia, in my opinion.)

Kayla @ Fitterthanchoc February 9, 2011

Mine will have to be 100% buckwheat noodles, GF oatmeal, nut butters and dark chocolate:)

Amanda February 9, 2011

I love almond butter. There will always be a jar of it in my kitchen…. oh and Nutrigrain whole grain waffles… processed ? sure. Tasty with lots of almond butter for breakfast? YES!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) February 8, 2011

I recently found chocolate covered coconut chunks (like real, hard, raw coconut). They are vegan, dairy-free, and amazing!

Namaste Gurl February 8, 2011

Carob powder, coconut flour, vega vanilla chai, and chickpea flour!

Danielle February 8, 2011

I LOVE good finds at Costco. I am glad to find out that sauce is good because I have debated picking it up the past couple times I have been there and saw it. I cannot pass up the Almond Butter at Costco for 6.99. It is insane how inexpensive that is in comparison to the same brand at the grocery store.

Jennifer Merschel February 8, 2011

I can also attest to how awesome the White Linen sauce is. (I may have eaten it straight out of the jar with a spoon as well;)

My most recent game changer has been Silk coffee creamer. I have been a half and half girl forever and I swore I couldn’t switch. Well, last Fall, I found out what my cholesterol was and since January have been experimenting with a vegan diet. I don’t think I’ll ever go back!

Lori February 8, 2011

I don’t have time to look through all the comments so someone else might have said this…you could always simmer the sauce in a pot for a few minutes which will make it a more pizza sauce consistency.

stacey-healthylife February 8, 2011

I love Dellalo whole wheat pasta. It’s milled in some special copper something or rather. It’s the best whole wheat pasta.

Hannah February 8, 2011

Loving Earth’s Dark Agave Syrup – so so so caramelly! The also make a divine raw granola with buckwheat, fruit, seeds, nuts, maca, lucuma… amazing!

P.S. I got so confused by this post at first, because ‘marinara’ in Australia is a seafood tomato suace. I was thinking “jarred seafood?!” :P

Lauren February 8, 2011

Hmm, so many good things I’m reading! My list:
Costco Hummus (the best!!!)…aka Fontaine sante brand
THAT tomato sauce- seriously- so good!
President’s Choice Mild salsa
Rice Worx- you should really try them if you haven’t- they are amazing with hummus
Recently tried Maranatha almond butter and it’s my new favourite…I used to hate that brand- weird!
Lindt 85% chocolate- duh
Cocoa camino cocoa powder
Ok, I should just stop. I could go on and on :)

Wendy (Healthy GIrl's Kitchen) February 8, 2011

Mary’s Gone Crackers crackers
Dr. Kracker crackers

both sold at Whole Foods

Do you have Trader Joe’s in Canada? Whole Foods?

jen February 8, 2011

so happy costco has a new sauce. the organic one they used to carry or might still carry i couldn’t even stomach. i will have to check this out on my next costco run.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin February 8, 2011

I have the hardest time finding good store-bought pasta sauce. I think I’ve been spoiled for way too long by my dad’s homemade stuff. :P I guess I’m making a trip to Costco this weekend!

Lately I’ve been obsessed with the Dalmatia fig jam I picked up at Loblaws. I’ve been devouring it on sandwiches.

Caz February 8, 2011

Totally random, but can I admit I love seeing your photos of food products? I love seeing familiar brands (President’s Choice!) and the English/French on the labels. It makes me miss Canada a little bit, but it’s nice to see something familiar that I grew up with!

xoxo

Amanda (Eating Up) February 8, 2011

Black bean pasta. It has so much protein!

Lauren February 8, 2011

I want to try this sooo bad! I’ve seen it around the blog world! My sister asked me what I wanted for my birthday and that was my answer. She was like, umm, WHAT!???

Ashley @perfectleypeared February 8, 2011

looks amazing! my boyfriend works at costco so i’ll have to have him get us some to stock up on! :) that tomato pizza looked amazing!!

Megan (Braise The Roof) February 8, 2011

It kind of makes you wonder- what all is in other jarred marinara sauces that’s NOT all natural? Eek!

Traci(faithfulfoodiefashionista) February 8, 2011

The two newest things that I have discovered that will always be in my pantry are….Chia seeds (can’t live without them) and Barney Butter (it’s simply delicious) :)

Sara @ The Bucket List February 8, 2011

Costco is the greatest ;)

Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble February 8, 2011

I love marinara sauce. It’s common of me to eat a spoonful from the jar when I’m cooking pasta. I just love it. I use like 3x the recommended amount on my pasta. I really should try making my own some day!

Pam February 8, 2011

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention!

I don’t think I’ve ever found a jar sauce w/o added sugar. Yes! Finally!

Darcy @ She Sings at the Table February 8, 2011

We just got our first Trader Joe’s in Iowa, so I’ve been loving trying out a bunch of their products! My favorites so far: the edamame hummus, the lentil chips, and the almond butter with roasted flaxseeds.

Kelly February 8, 2011

I make my own sauce each summer with tomatoes and basil from my garden. Its very rewarding-at first- then it becomes a huge headache with tomato sauce every square inch of my kitchen. But having some homegrown-homemade sauce in the middle of winter is nice :)