Behind The Scenes: Project Food Blog Challenge #10

Good evening!

I thought it would be fun to show you a behind the scenes look at my preparations for Challenge #10 of Project Food Blog.

Sometimes it is fun to see what craziness is ensuing behind the posts. It isn’t always glamorous behind the scenes!

My kitchen wept.

I sustained my energy levels on chocolate chip cookies, Green Monsters, protein bowls, and French Press.

Quotes centered me when I felt frazzled…

IMG_6112

Santa watched over me in the kitchen…

IMG_5914

Let’s just say that this year I am getting coal in my stocking.

IMG_5906

I didn’t leave the kitchen for over 9 hours on the last baking day. There was not a second to spare.

I ate many meals standing up at the kitchen counter.

IMG_5913

and by meals, I mean whatever scraps were around that were quick!

The night before the challenge #10 photoshoot, I planned the Holiday ‘set’

IMG_5950

One of my goals for my last post in Project Food Blog was to try some new things with photography and really push myself out of my comfort zone.

In the morning (aka: good lighting) I began.

I printed off my photo and put it on the window beside me for inspiration of how I wanted the photos to look.

When I was having a difficult time getting the photos to look a certain way, I looked at the picture to guide me.

IMG_6124

It didn’t really help, but I pretended it did!

After a couple hours of some crazy shooting, I had some decent shots to work with. I had to keep rushing the bars back into the freezer so they didn’t get all soft and melted for the pictures. It was a lot of running back and forth, back and forth. I must have ran 2 miles in my kitchen that morning.

I concluded it was worth skipping a couple workouts for!

I have so much respect for food stylists because it is not easy work. Food doesn’t stay fresh for long (in my case, it melted) so I had to be quick.

For example, I had this candycane sitting in my Peppermint Nog for so long, the candycane dissolved and fell onto the white tablecloth leaving a big red stain.

IMG_6029

It was actually really funny (despite the mess).

I grabbed a handful of candycanes, bulbs, ribbon, and a tree ornament and put it in the background for the props.

IMG_5968

I used square mirrors (from our wedding) to give a beautiful reflection.

I especially loved this one with the Peppermint Nog (it is just 1 glass, reflected 3 times, using three mirrors)

IMG_5948

IMG_5976

One of the props I made was this small red dish filled with marshmallows. In the background it looks like snow and fit in well with the holiday theme!

IMG_6026

This photo below was made using wrapping paper reflected onto the mirror that the bars rested on.

Very fun, but a bit dizzying so it did not make the final cut for my last post.

IMG_6052

My favourite bar to photograph was the Mint Chip Nanaimo Bar shown below. The green really pops and the crushed candycane is gorgeous in a photo.

IMG_6079

I had the most difficult time with the pom-almond bar, so I sprinkled some icing sugar on top and that helped with how it looked in the photo.

IMG_6089 IMG_6095

I also liked how the three flavours looked all stacked up.

IMG_6097

By the end of it all, I was ready to collapse.

The kitchen table looked like a bomb went off…

IMG_6115

Note:

• The Nutcracker was too creepy to use in the background of the photo (hehe)
  • I had to Windex the mirrors a million times from smudges and crumbs
  • Wine was opened when I hit publish on my post at 4:30pm on Sunday
  • I jammed to music from Eric’s laptop to keep my energy up
  • I am a bit crazy

When my post was uploaded, I enjoyed wine. Eric enjoyed beer. I went to bed early and then stared at the ceiling until 3am that night.

Good times.

When it was all said and done, the ‘set’ looked like a depressed reception hall the morning after a wedding…

IMG_6121

I had that strange ‘it is all over’ feeling like I feel after Christmas Day is over.

Only chocolate and candycane stains, crumbs, ribbon, confetti, and a few sad looking decorations were left.

The table partied hard and it looked a bit hung over the next day…

IMG_6123

Here is another behind the scenes shot taken from my challenge #4 shenanigans:

20101008-IMG_5493

20101008-IMG_5487

Clearly, I did not make as much of a mess back in challenge #4!

20101008-IMG_5483 20101008-IMG_5493

Ok, maybe I did…

20101008-IMG_4920

And for fun, a photo timeline of the seasonal changes during the contest…

Challenge #1

20100924-IMG_8630

Challenge #2

20100925-IMG_3262

Challenge #4…

20101006-IMG_4396

Challenge #5

20101017-IMG_7320

Challenge #6

20101024-IMG_9169

Challenge #7…(bye bye leaves!)

20101027-IMG_9185

Challenge #8…(another big change)

20101013-IMG_5971

Challenge #9…(ahh!)

IMG_5175

And finally this is what it looked like for Challenge #10…! It has been a long journey.

IMG_6127

It was a crazy few months, but I truly had a blast along the way and I hope to keep pushing myself out of my comfort zone and using new skills in new ways. If there is anything this contest has shown me it is that this is truly what makes me happy. Sometimes it takes a few wrong turns to figure it out, so never lose hope if you are currently struggling with a career choice. If you keep following your passions, they will never lead you astray!

I spent 7 years in university pursuing something that ultimately did not make me happy (research) and I had to figure it out the hard way. That is a tough pill to swallow, but sometimes we just don’t know until we experience it first hand. For the longest time I had so much guilt about not enjoying what I was doing, but what I realized is that life is too short to beat myself up. We all make decisions that might not work out for us.

No one has all the answers and sometimes we have to admit to ourselves that something isn’t right for us so we can create a new path and start a new journey!

The beauty of life is not in being perfect or never failing, but in learning from our decisions and following our hearts. If you are doing this, you are moving forward.

Keep on truckin’ on.

‘Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.’~Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 Meredith December 15, 2010

I am so glad you posted this! It’s amazing to see all your careful work. SO inspiring! Hats off to you!

2 Annie@stronghealthyfit December 15, 2010

Great post! I really hope you win PFB :-)

3 Bridget December 15, 2010

It’s really cool to see all the behind the scenes insights. You work hard girl!

I’m so happy that you are happy with where you’re at in your life. Your living the dream :)

4 Heidi - Apples Under My Bed December 15, 2010

Where you live looks SO stunning. Love all the behind the scenes pics! The peppermint nog is just too cute :)
Heidi xo

5 Sarah December 15, 2010

This post is beautiful. Is it Friday yet?!

6 Lauren December 15, 2010

I love seeing all the effort you put into the posts! I voted for you every round, and you really deserve to win because of all the time, effort, and love you put into your posts!

7 Anna December 15, 2010

Your pictures are amazing! I have enjoyed reading your posts and thank you for allowing us (your reader) to see a behind the scene look into what you have worked on.

8 Kelly December 15, 2010

I know you’ve been working really hard on this contest but it was amazing to see all the behind the scenes. Makes me feel even happier about how much I’ve been voting for you :) You are amazing and inspiring. You are going to win I think !

9 Balanced Healthy Life December 15, 2010

You take such great photos! I love all your prepping for the perfect scenes, it paid off in all your posts!

10 Sarah @ Daily Nibbles December 15, 2010

LOVE the mirrors in the pics Angela. Great idea! Best of luck in the finals. I can’t even image how much work you put in for PFB. I only made it round like four and it was draining enough!

11 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman December 15, 2010

I can’t believe all of the work you put into this. It’s amazing and you deserve to win! Thanks for the behind-the-scenes peak.

12 Estela @ Weekly Bite December 15, 2010

I love this post! I shows that hard work does pay off. I love that you pushed yourself out of your comfort zone. :)

13 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2010

thanks ladies!

14 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 15, 2010

Wow. It really is amazing to see the behind the scenes. And I’m sure there is so much more you could share.

15 Jennifer@ knackfornutrition December 15, 2010

Your kitchen is a hot mess! It’s amazing the work you have put into Project Food Blog. I really hope you win!

16 Amanda December 15, 2010

I love seeing all the behind the scene mayhem it really shows all the effort you’ve put into your post. I’ve really enjoyed watching them all this time and will keep my fingers crossed that you win because you deserve it! Good Luck!

17 Holly @ couchpotatoathlete December 15, 2010

Angela I really liked seeing the behind the scenes — I mean, I know photography is challenging, but I had no idea how detailed everything is — from the sprinkling of powdered sugar on the bars, etc. Amazing job!

Thank you for the last part of this post — I am one of those people struggling with my career choice/job choices thus far. And to be honest, I don’t know what my passion is. I’m still trying to figure it out. I thought that by age 27 I would have figured out my career choice or least something I would like to pursue. I know that all of my decisions thus far has led me to where I am now and will ultimately lead me where I need to be. I just need to be patient with myself!

18 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2010

very wise words, ‘I just need to be patient with myself!’ you will get there with time :)

19 J. December 15, 2010

I’m almost 30…with 2 degrees that I don’t even practice in…I have resorted to a terrible job that pays poorly. Struggling much. Clingling to faith.
I just wish for some peace and sleep. I wish for passion. I wish for meaning to get out of bed in the morning.

20 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2010

im sending you good vibes…you will work it out. Keep the faith

21 Potato Chops and Boneless Chicken December 15, 2010

Angela this is so inspiring! It’s so true shooting food can be hugely chaotic at times. PS – I love the fact that we have the same coffee table. It’s by default ‘studio’ table. The only difference it’s Ikea’s ‘black-brown’ shade. All the best. Am rooting for you!

22 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2010

haha that is awesome….ive had the coffee table since university days

23 Dee December 15, 2010

You are amazing. :) That is all.

24 Liz @ Blog is the New Black December 15, 2010

You amaze me! You have earned your spot in the final three. :) Loved reading this post and seeing the behind the scenes!

25 Joan Nova December 15, 2010

This was a very interesting post — to see and learn some of the presentation techniques (your photos are beautiful) and to see how the season changed over the duration of the challenge. It’s been quite a long haul.

26 Mastering Public Health (@MasPublicHealth) December 15, 2010

Once again, I am floored by the amount of time and energy you poured into this challenge (and your blog in general)! Hats off to you. Your blog has quickly become my favorite.

27 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) December 15, 2010

I was so impressed with your set up—thanks for showing us the behind the scenes! Gosh you are incredible. No matter what the outcome on Friday you know you are a star!

28 Izzy December 15, 2010

Loved reading (and seeing) your retrospective of your challenges! Esspec loved the changing seasons (I can’t believe it’s almost Christmas!!!).

I can completely relate to your last bit especially – I’m in my third year of university right now and I KNOW I don’t want to do what I’m majoring in, yet I feel like I’m too deep in now to get out. So here I am, truckin’ along, and I have NO IDEA what will come once I’m done my last semester – but I’m excited to find out! ;)

izzyy
xoxo

29 Ange @ Health & Swellbeing December 15, 2010

Even before seeing this post – it is so evident how much work you’ve put into this project, but it’s fun to see all the behind the scenes.
I love all your attention to detail! After you win, you should have Eric treat you to a home cooked meal & dessert :)

30 Erin (Travel Eat Repeat) December 15, 2010

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: your pictures blow me away every single time. Thanks for sharing your tips and tricks.

31 Diana @ frontyardfoodie December 15, 2010

Wowsers! Looks like you put a lot into this! I’ve been voting for you and I hope you win sister. Keep pluggin

32 Alaina December 15, 2010

I love this post. Thank you for showing how you make the food blog “magic”! So inspiring. :-)

33 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 15, 2010

This post makes me smile so big. I don’t hate my major, but it’s not something I see myself doing in the long run. I’ve been tossing ideas of career paths around but haven’t settled on anything yet…in any case, it’s wonderful to see someone that was successful doing what they love. Good luck- fingers crossed for you!!

34 Traci(faithfulfoodiefashionista) December 15, 2010

Even your messes turn out pretty in pictures. What a fun post :)

35 Allison @ Food For Healing December 15, 2010

i love the behind the scenes pictures and how you put it all together. its a HUGE part of it isn’t it! its nice to see that you get a little messy and crazy in the kitchen too!

36 Nicole (Picky Nicky) December 15, 2010

Wow this is amazing! I never really thought about the amount of work that went into your photographs. Now I see what makes them so precious :) Keep it up!

37 Madeleine@ Stepping to the Brightside December 15, 2010

What a lovely post :) I especially like the seasons changing. I’m rooting for you, girl!

38 Julie December 15, 2010

I loooove this post! I was laughing when you showed the kitchen table & said it looked like a bomb had gone off :D ahahaha. All your hard work definitely paid off, keep it up!

39 Liza Jane December 15, 2010

I have to admit I especially loved this post. I feel like a photographer failure sometimes for my badly lit shots when I don’t have leftovers for the next day’s light, so it helps to know that you’re not just pointing and shooting for your awesome photos. Great work!

40 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2010

I def have to work to get the shots…takes a long time and many, many photos! You are not alone :)

41 Kris | iheartwellness.com December 15, 2010

Hahahaha! This post was so REAL and amazing! We all view our blog friends as being so ‘perfect’ all the time and it is great to see the ‘behind the scenes’ and see the mess that goes along with it.

The moral of the story is cute….keep on going!

I think I would have drank the whole bottle of wine! You are going to win this girl!

xxoo

42 Healthy Chocoholic December 15, 2010

Good luck!! All of your pictures turned out awesome!!!!!!!!!

43 Heather (Faces of Beauty) December 15, 2010

it’s so obvious how hard you worked…you’ve earned every single one of you reader’s choice awards and passes to the next level :)

44 barefoot and frolicking December 15, 2010

Hi Angela,

I’ve just stumbled upon your blog, and am loving every single post! It seems we have similar backgrounds (academic) and a love for raw and vegan cuisine; and we are also Canadian gals! I love your advice about creating a new path and journey for ourselves – very inspiring! Lovely photo work as well. I look forward to reading more of your inspiring posts :)

45 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 15, 2010

This is a great post and I am so happy for you! :)

46 Julie @ Wearing Mascara December 15, 2010

What a cool post! I REALLY hope you win on Friday! You deserve this!!!! Good luck!

47 ashley nicole December 15, 2010

Angela!

What a beautiful post! I LOVED what you did and want to eat all of it hehe. I especially LOVE the bottle of wine by the end. I’m so proud of your perserverance. Congratulations on your hard work and a job well done! It’s so creative and inspiring!

48 Astrid December 15, 2010

Angela, this post, especially the ending of it, is amazing. So amazing. I spent a similar amount of time pursuing geology research, but it never made me happy. Unfortunately, I probably will not get y asters, but it honestly is not worth it for my to put in the effort, time, and stress to finish up.
In January, I am starting culinary school. I am moving up to Colorado and starting “from scratch”. I am finally following a huge huge dream of mine, and am so terrified and excited at the same time!

49 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010

wow im so proud of you for taking a leap! I’m sure you will do just amazing and never look back

50 Melissa @ I Never Imagined December 15, 2010

Ange, you are so amazing. It’s incredible to see what goes on behind the scenes in your posts! I always knew you worked hard, but this is just above and beyond. I’m in awe! Thank you for being such a delightful, inspirational person :)

51 Audrey December 16, 2010

I had no idea all the work that went in to this. Wow!

52 Casey Thomas December 16, 2010

So it’s the storm before the calm then…? ;)
Great pics and you definitely deserve to win – so much effort, energy and passion! Go ft it girl. I’ll be supporting you :)

53 Amber K December 16, 2010

Wow, I continue to be amazed by all that you do! I’ve seen behind-the-scenes photos and video of the toothpicks, glue, and all the other crazy non-food stuff they usually use to make foods look so mouthwateringly delicious.

I’m even more impressed with this!

54 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010

haha glue and toothpicks? Crazy stuff

55 KatieM~Run For The Bikini! December 16, 2010

You are so amazing, I LOVE the work in progress shots!! and I love the quote in the beginning! I voted for you and I hope you win!! I’ve been following you on and off since the beginning of your blod and since I’ve started my own I’ve been reading everyday! I made your red pepper boats and I loved them, as well as my fiance who didn’t think that he would when I first told him about them! Good Luck tomorrow, I know you got this !!!

56 Hillary December 16, 2010

You have done such an amazing job throughout the whole process!!! I have voted for you every time. You truly deserve to win it all!!!!! I love the picture from challenge five of you running in the leaves. So cute and fun!

57 Wei-Wei December 16, 2010

Amazing, amazing, AMAZING post, and your progress was awesome to watch.

58 Cryst December 16, 2010

Ange, this is such an awesome post. You allow us to see how much pain and hard work you put in to create a single blog post. Truly appreciate that. Also, you’re such inspirational and motivator for me. Can’t thank you enough. All the way from Singapore.

59 Azra December 16, 2010

Hi Angela,

I have been following your blog for a while but never commented before. You truly are an inspiration. I am a 38 year old Bosnian girl living in Switzerland, and I am still trying to figure out what I want in life. I have also been struggling with binge eating and I truly want to start living a healthy life. I started so many times, but whenever faced with stress I give up. Reading your posts gives me encouragement. Good luck tomorrow. I voted for you, of course.

60 sassy molassy December 16, 2010

ANgela, you have the best food photography out there! Congrats on the foodbuzz contest. All of your entries have been amazing. I can’t even imagine how much time you spent on all of this.

61 suki December 16, 2010

that is pretty intense! i wouldn’t have gotten very far with the whole contest because i don’t have the time or energy for it. of course, i applaud the energy and devotion of those who have advanced so far! :) you’re doing great. best of luck.

62 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] December 16, 2010

This is not your first post that’s left me teary-eyed…in a good, hopeful, positive way :)

63 AlisonM December 16, 2010

Angela, this is my first comment, but I’m a long-time reader. As someone struggling through the final stages of a PhD, and the early stages of veganism, now seemed the right time to tell you what a huge support this blog has been for me. I too am coming to terms with the fact that I have spent 10 years pursuing a research career that I don’t want, and it’s hard. But your positivity and enthusiasm pulls me up short when I start feeling sorry for myself. And your recipes mean I always have good food to turn to, even as a very young vegan ;) I joined foodbuzz so that I could vote for you in the final stages, and I hope you bring this home. But even if you don’t, making the final 3 is freaking awesome! Congrats :-)

64 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010

Thank you Alison!

65 JL goes Vegan December 16, 2010

I loved the behind the scenes peek. Frankly, it demonstrates to me to NOT got involved with things like this! I’m a regular ole blogger, not a super photographer or food stylist and I don’t think I have the time to commit to such an undertaking. Your post really demonstrates why you deserve to be a finalist. You make amazing recipes, you have an eye to showcase the recipes and you have the creativity to tell a tale through food and photos. Good luck tomorrow!

66 Keri December 16, 2010

Wow, you are a genius. I loved seeing the behind the scenes. You make it look so effortless in your posts but it is nice to see all the work that goes in. Congratulations again, I really enjoyed reading your contest posts. You are very talented!

67 Ashley Craft December 16, 2010

Amazing post Angela!! As usual, your photos are absolutely stunning! Love, love, love the props and Christmas set. :)

68 Cynthia December 16, 2010

The pictures are so beautiful. I did vote for you. Hope you win the challenge!

69 Faith @ lovelyascharged December 16, 2010

Adorable post Ange! There really is SO much that goes into blogging…I wonder at times how much less cleaning I’d have to do if I wasn’t a blogger!

70 Natalie December 16, 2010

Congratulations Angela on completing the food blog contest. I have enjoyed reading it every step of the way and no matter what the outcome, you did a fantastic job. I look forward to your blog each day as my little pick me up—your positive attitude is contagious. Thanks for being an inspiration to your readers, and happy holidays to you and yours.

71 Heather December 16, 2010

I think this may be my first time commenting here, but I’ve been reading for a couple of months. I’ve loved following your contest posts and am amazed at the creativity and beauty you show through food. I even created an account so I could vote for you this week! Good luck! I love how you share your journey – I too have recently allowed myself to let go of a career path I spent lots of time and money investing in to pursue what I think is something I can be truly passionate about. Here’s to living life!

72 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010

Congrats!

73 jenna December 16, 2010

this is my favorite blog post of 2010 by far!!! it was beautiful angela!! thank you so much for sharing behind the scenes!

it really shows how hard you worked for this and i hope you win on Friday!

p.s. what does eric do when the kitchen looks like the pictures above? I’m not so sure my family would remain calm…..

74 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010

i think he would have disowned me if it weren’t for the things he gets to eat

75 Rachael December 16, 2010

I am not kidding, when I read your post yesterday I was thinking.. all of her photos look so gorgeous.. but I wonder what it really looks like behind the scenes!! So thanks for this :) It’s evident that you’ve put a lot of time and effort into this challenge! I hope you win! Happy Holidays!

76 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010

haha it ain’t pretty behind the scenes

77 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 16, 2010

Very cool post Ange!! Since I started blogging, I’ve had MAD respect for food stylists – they can make EVERYTHING look good! And PS – I think you’d make an awesome one!! :D

78 Hilary December 16, 2010

Angie- I am so proud of you. I really hope you win the contest. But even if you don’t, what you’re doing is awesome! Merry Christmas!

79 Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) December 16, 2010

Good Luck!!! I have been voting for you ever time.. thank you for the rocking cool post.
Lew

80 Tina December 16, 2010

I’ve been so impressed with all the time & work you put into this contest-you really deserve to win! I voted for you of course! Good luck!

81 Lindsay December 16, 2010

What an amazing post! I mean, I knew you had to put a lot of time and work into this contest, but I would have never guessed this much! The end result was gorgeous, and can’t wait to read about you winning! ;-)

82 Kelly December 16, 2010

Wow…I am really impressed. I didn’t realize how much work went into each one of these! WOW!

83 Nikki T December 16, 2010

Angela, your creativity and pure talent is so very inspiring!

PS- I’m making the nanaimo bars tonight!! Can’t wait!

84 Alina @ Duty Free Foodie December 16, 2010

What a lovely post (and quote)! I am glad you had a good time working on the post, because the clean up cannot have been fun. Does Eric help with clean-up from all your bake-ventures?

85 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010

haha I don’t ask him to help clean up because it isn’t his mess. I tried to keep my contest stuff from impacting him as much as I could, even though im sure he was getting really sick of it by the end.

86 Cindy Robinson December 16, 2010

Great, great, great post. From the very beginning, all the lovely bits in between, to the perfect inspirational ending :) And it’s nice to know I’m not the only one with a kitchen that looks like that some(most)times when I’m cooking/baking.

87 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 16, 2010

Angela I love how you shared with us just HOW hard you work to get those photos. I have always said in my comments to you that I KNOW you must bust your bootie not only on the recipes, the cooking, the recipe development, but also the food photography.

An amazing recipe can be made in the photos. Or a crappy recipe can be elevated to look far better than it is based on the pics.

Your recipes AND your pictures = always stunning!

Thanks for sharing your life journey with us, too. Taking leaps of faith & stepping outside our comfort zone is truly what makes us all better people! Thanks for the reminder :)

88 Dynamics December 16, 2010

OMG. How can you stand it. Waiting for the answer. I thought the results would be in. I thoroughly enjoyed your post today. You are a great photographer amongst your other talents. I will be back to congrat you on your win!!!!

89 stacey-healthylife December 16, 2010

You worked so hard I really hope you win and you really do deserve it. I voted so best of luck.

90 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010

thanks stacey!

91 Erin December 16, 2010

Your creativity is so impressive!!! I joined Foodbuzz early on in the competition just to vote for you and I hope you go all the way, you deserve it :)

92 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010

thank you!

93 Jacquelynn December 16, 2010

Ange, you are sooooo inspiring! I voted for you, and hope you win it all!!!

94 Nichole December 16, 2010

I enjoy seeing all the hard work you put forth. When I started my blog I thought it was just going to be a fun thing to do but it is really time consuming & it is hard NOT to put a lot of heart into the posts.

95 Stacy R. December 16, 2010

I knew there was a lot of behind the scenes work, but I didn’t realize it was THIS MUCH! You are amazing Angela and you have been one of my top votes from the beginning! I know you’ve got this in the bag. You are inspiring on so many levels and I love that you had the courage to take that leap to make change! I am in a similar situation and trying to determine what I want to do and y our wise words are so encouraging!

96 Roz December 16, 2010

OMG, your photos are FANTASTIC!!! I knew you must put a TON of work into getting them “just so”, but I can tell you, all the hard work is WELL worth it. I LOVE seeing your work!!!

97 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010

thanks roz!

98 RhodeyGirl December 16, 2010

I love behind the scenes posts!

99 Heather December 16, 2010

You are amazingly talented and have definitely played a part in inspiring me to follow my dreams!

100 Allison December 16, 2010

I love seeing behind the scenes!! i always watch the extra behind the scene stuff on dvds, it makes you feel like an insider:) I cant wait to see you win! you always have awesomely amazing recipes and a great sense of humor:) i could definitely see you with your own show someday!!

101 MaryZ December 16, 2010

You are amazing! I love your Project food posts and am so amazed by the amount of energy you have! Love the photos!

102 Erin December 16, 2010

This is so interesting! Thanks for sharing the “real story” behind all of those gorgeous recipes and photos. What a journey it’s been!

103 Marci December 16, 2010

That is such a neat post to see how you created everything other than the recipes! Food styling is so interesting and it’s supposed to look natural but is far from it. Love it. Your food and backdrops were beautiful! And camera angles. And seeing the seasons change was so neat too.

104 LindsayH December 16, 2010

Food stylists totally cheat :) They have tons of tricks they use, like using mashed potatoes instead of ice cream. A food stylist probably wouldn’t have used warm nog, they’d just use cold. Sometimes the stuff they use isn’t even edible! There was a special about this a couple years ago on Food Network.

105 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010

wow that is fascinating!

106 Shanna, like Banana December 16, 2010

The photography turned out really well. Creative, Clean, Cute :)

I really hope you win..no idea who the others are, but I want you to win!

107 Elizabeth @ elizathon December 16, 2010

Very nice. As always, a treat to read and see.

108 Moni'sMeals December 16, 2010

so refeshing Angela, you work so hard and are you sure you don’t live in the North Pole, hehe!

109 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010

i think I do!

110 bitt December 16, 2010

When do we find out if you won?

111 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010

tomorrow at 3pm EST

112 Emily December 16, 2010

Great post, I love the behind the scenes photos! I hope you win, you deserve it for sure.

113 Jessica Engel December 16, 2010

Best of luck tomorrow, but like you said (and with all great adventures in life) you have accomplished so much in your food blog journey already, so winning will just be a very big bonus! I have been following your blog for almost a year now and LOVE it- so inspiring and motivating… do you have any winter treadmill workout advice? Since having my first child 10 months ago I have been struggling with getting regular workouts in and decided finally to purchase a treadmill so I can run once he is in bed for the night. Any tips that you have would be great :)!

-Jessica LifeOnCottageHill.Blogspot.com

114 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010

my best tip for treadmill workout- interval training!

constantly change up the speed and incline every .25 mile. That works for me really well. Enjoy!

115 L'Abeille December 16, 2010

Lovely post Angela. I had NO idea how much work went behind making it look that good in the pics, after all the work you’ve already done on the recipes. I’ve enjoyed exploring your ideas with my vegetarian daughter. Rooting for you to win.

Haha about the nutcracker. They had one just like it on stage at our church last Christmas and it creeped me out.

I’ve never seen your kitchen ceiling before. That is gorgeous! Is it pressed tin or wood?

116 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010

thanks! It is a faux tin ceiling :)

also yes nutcrackers can be creepy!

117 Katie December 16, 2010

I can’t express how much I absolutely love and adore your blog. Your photos are absolutely beautiful, your posts flow with ease, and you have such an amazing personality that I’m sure rubs off on people who meet you. :) Thank you for bringing joy and happiness into all of our days!

118 Emily @ Emily Says December 16, 2010

I think your photos look great! Very festive and pretty. Especially the one of the bars with the mirror and wrapping paper!
I love the Emerson quote, too. Very true, and something I’m learning right now!

119 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes December 16, 2010

Its so great to see all of the hard work that you put in to your posts!

120 Julie @SavvyEats December 16, 2010

I LOVED getting to see how you set up your photos for Challenge 10. I’ve been really working to improve my photography, and you gave me some great ideas!

And, I feel better to know that I’m not the only one whose kitchen cries after a cooking/baking marathon. ;)

121 Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) December 16, 2010

This is like the director’s cuts in DVDs! Love it. Really interesting.

I noticed the beer right away. :-)

I also made a career choice that I didn’t love. I wanted to be a dentist since I was about 10. So I became one. Well, it wasn’t what I loved. I bit the bullet and quit. Much happier now.

122 Jane December 16, 2010

I hope you win…you got my vote…your work is inspiring and beautiful…

123 Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble December 16, 2010

You sure put your life and all your dedication in your blog! You deserve the best! Good luck!

124 diana@mymarblerye December 16, 2010

seeing how you set up your photos was so eye opening! Great behind the scenes post!! I really enjoyed learning how much hard work you put into it!

125 Rachel December 17, 2010

Angela, thank you so much for this post. Your blog and a few others have helped me more than I can say, with working on my disordered eating, adopting vegetarianism transitioning to a vegan diet and with making some really big decisions. The environment of support and positivity is so great! Hope you win tomorrow, I will be crossing my fingers for you!

126 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 17, 2010

im glad to hear this!

127 Kate@andwhenshesays December 17, 2010

So VERY excited for you – sending lots of good vibes your way! No matter what happens, know that you have a huge community full of support and love behind you. You have changed more lives than you know – and brought some amazing yumminess to them as well!

128 Anne P December 17, 2010

Love this post, especially the changing weather pictures! Crazy how long this challenge went on. Love your description of the hungover decorations too, ha. Good luck today!

129 Brenda December 18, 2010

Angela, I really enjoyed this post and I’m so glad that I was able to find your blog over the summer! The end of this post gave me goosebumps. You are such a fun, inspiring person. I admire you for going after what makes you happy.

130 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons December 19, 2010

This is awesome!!!! I love peeking behind the scenes. I’m JUST learning photography =)

131 Ffion December 22, 2010

Its good to see the behind the scenes, shows how much skill goes into the photography, its not just luck! I liked the last few paragraphs as they definitely resonated with me as a recent graduate, I have realized that I am not cut out for the competitiveness of graphic design, but I can’t get any other jobs beyond minimum wage. I hope I am able to forge my own path soon.