Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

IMG 4185 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

IMG 2250 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

IMG 3553 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

IMG 3559 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

Eric wrapping our nephew’s gifts!

IMG 3561 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

IMG 3566 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

IMG 4141 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

Rudi and his catnip that got stuck on his tooth.

IMG 4494 thumb1   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

Flashback five years ago to Christmas 2005…

DSC01998 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

DSC02005 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2 DSC02000 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

2010:

IMG 2253 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

A lot healthier these days!

20101128IMG 3842 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

This was before a dinner out on Saturday night to an Italian restaurant.

20101127IMG 3611 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

I realized it was a bad choice not wearing an empire waist for that meal!

Then we were back in the kitchen once again with Timmy’s coffee in hand and recipes in the other.

IMG 4488 thumb1   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

OSGMOM had a couple helpers…and I got to wear my new polka-dot apron from my sis.

IMG 4508 thumb1   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

I made ultra fudgy brownies with spelt flour.

IMG 4518 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

I let someone lick the spoon when it was all over! :)

IMG 4525 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

Then we got busy on dinner.

IMG 4535 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

Mom made a regular mac ‘n cheese and then I made the vegan mac ‘n cheese.

IMG 4542 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

This time I doubled the sauce recipe and it turned out even better.

It was so good, I revised the original recipe!

IMG 4546 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

Everyone tasted it and said they couldn’t tell it didn’t have cheese in it. :) My mom actually preferred the vegan version and said she will make this from now on. We also agreed that the sauce would be wonderful over broccoli.

IMG 4568 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

We had a big sweets tray for dessert filled with Soft peanut butter cookies, ultra fudgy brownies, ultimate oatmeal raisin cookies, and other goodies.

IMG 4584 thumb1   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

IMG 4603 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

Hi Pete :) (my brother in law)

IMG 4607 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

Then we opened a few gifts…

Rudi wanted to come home with us.

IMG 4616 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

IMG 4622 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

Sketchie had to put his foot paw down though.

Coming up, the hummus recipe my mom introduced me to that changed everything…

IMG 3552 thumb   Christmas in Alberta: Part 2

I actually said the words, ‘I’ll never buy store bought again.’

I don’t joke around when it comes to hummus.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg December 3, 2010

HOLY winter wonderland!!! Just beautiful!

You are absolutely glowing in the present day pictures…isn’t it fun to see transformations over the years?

Amanda (Eating Up) December 3, 2010

I love that picture from five years ago contrasted with the one now. Is it possible that you guys actually look younger in the one taken this year? Such a beautiful couple!

Erin December 3, 2010

I love your mac & cheese recipe! My hubby and sons are omnivores and they all said it was delicious. We have allergies to eggs, dairy and wheat in our house, so I made it with corn & quinoa elbow macaroni and rice bread crumb topping and added broccoli – it was a huge hit with the whole gang. This will be my go-to recipe from now on!

Leah December 3, 2010

WOW! Look at the difference in Eric! He must be so proud! You all DO look much healthier and happier!

Amy December 3, 2010

2 things:

1) The ladies of the OSG family are absolutely stunning.
2) What a difference in you and Eric. Way to go you two!

Lily's Health Pad December 3, 2010

Gah I’m such a cat lady. Rudi made this post for me!

April @ Crazy Fabulous Life December 3, 2010

You guys definitely look healthier and happier this day. You definitely do glow, ma’am. :) And your whole family is so beautiful!

Ashley December 3, 2010

Sooo cute!! Love the photos with family. I must say that cat is hilarious…SO FLUFFY!!! Still can’t wait to try the mac n’ cheese. Hopefully next week! Also can’t wait for my trip home in 2 weeks…wish the huz was coming with though!

amanda December 3, 2010

Both you and Eric look happier and healthier now! I adore that cat … so beautiful! And I can’t wait to see the hummus recipe. I’m OBSESSED with hummus.

Mastering Public Health (@MasPublicHealth) December 3, 2010

Gorgeous! What a beautiful picture of you two out in the snow. I am a longtime reader but it bears repeating that your blog is fantastic up and down: from your healthy outlook, to the photography, to the *awesome* baking (I’m a little biased) recipes — everything! You truly deserve to win Project Food Blog. :) Thanks for all your hard work.

Abby @ Have Dental Floss, Will Travel December 3, 2010

Is Eric the gift wrapper in the family? That’s one of those things that my husband is far better at than I am. I just don’t have the patience to make it look perfect. May also be that he’s had a full life of wrapping Christmas presents, whereas I grew up a Chanukah-ite and just celebrated my first Christmas four years ago :)

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) December 3, 2010

You and Eric are seriously the cutest couple ever. ;)

Gillian December 3, 2010

Such a gorgeous family!!!

Heather (Heather's Dish) December 3, 2010

how could you go wrong with extra “cheese” sauce? sounds like a fabulous dinner…and you look absolutely gorgeous (as always!)

Cathy Breit December 3, 2010

beautiful pictures! Hope you have the happiest of holidays!
love,
cathy b. @ brightbakes

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 3, 2010

I have to say that I think you look YOUNGER in the new pictures than in the one five years ago! Amazing what good health and happiness can do :) Excited for the hummus recipe…I’m chowing down on some as I type this!!

Madeleine @ Stepping to the Bright Side December 3, 2010

PLEASE lemme at that dessert tray!! And what a difference 5 years has made- I definitely see the glow. You guys look amazing :)

Allison @ Food For Healing December 3, 2010

christmas in the Prairies is the best! should have a saskatchewan christmas. tell your mom to move to Sask haha

the difference from the 2005 picture to the 2010 is craazy, you definitely look healthier and both have lost weight. Go Eric! thats forsure, very big change

Faith @ lovelyascharged December 3, 2010

Brownies and mac & cheese? That’s my kinda Christmas dinner :) You’re gorgeous in both pictures but you look so much more genuinely happy in the new ones!

Meredith December 3, 2010

I love these photos! It seems like your parents have created a really lovely home.

Meredith December 3, 2010

ps. let Rudi know I think he’s aged fabulously! 2005-2010 is like, 30 years in cat years! ;)

Shanna, like Banana December 3, 2010

You look FAB! Your family is just gorgeous and everything looks so cozy and welcoming. What a wonderful holiday =)

Jessica M December 3, 2010

You and Eric look great!

I want to give that kitty a big hug!

Angie @ Musings of a Violet Monkey December 3, 2010

Looking forward to the new hummus recipe! I haven’t purchased hummus in ages, I always make my own. But I’m definitely interested in a new take on a favorite of mine!

~

Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 3, 2010

How fun! Gotta love family time :)
And you are GORGEOUS!

Tiffany December 3, 2010

Wow it really is quite a noticeable transformation. Actually what I noticed the most was how happy you look. Even though you’re smiling in the 2005 pictures, you don’t look truly happy like you do in your recent ones. You look so approachable, confident, and just…glowing! :)

Nicole @ yuppie yogini December 3, 2010

I love seeing the pictures from 5 years ago. Both you and Eric are slimmer and look healthier. It’s amazing how much can change in a short period of time.

Balanced Healthy Life December 3, 2010

You guys really do look much healthier now! I love those staircases in the background of the pictures! They are so fabulous!

Valerie @ City|Life|Eats December 3, 2010

Great photos – and as for hummus – ever since I made hummus from scratch a few years ago, I have not been able to buy it again (except when traveling and having no access to a kitchen). It is that good.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 3, 2010

It looks like you had so much fun!!!

Katy (The Singing Runner) December 3, 2010

Looks like a great time! I am curious to see the hummus recipe! I love hummus, but store brand doesn’t do it for me sometimes!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 3, 2010

Aww I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again: You and Eric are SUCH a cute couple! Everything looks amazing. I’m glad you had such a great time and I’m very curious to see this hummus recipe. :) Oh, and your polka dot apron is SO SO cute!

Ashley December 3, 2010

I love your vegan mac and cheese recipe its so good! Your photos are gorgeous as well. It looks like you had a good time. I’ll be waiting for that hummus recipe. Hummus = <3

Alina @ Duty Free Foodie December 3, 2010

I love your sister’s sequined dress! Also, Eric looks exactly the same as he did five years ago. So funny!

Paige (Running Around Normal) December 3, 2010

omg how hilarious is Rudi!? Love that cat!!
You look SO much like your sister in the picture from 2005. You’re beautiful in both!! :)

Lauren December 3, 2010

Lots like so much fun! P.S. Your Mom is stunning! :)

Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 3, 2010

Aww you guys make such a beautiful couple! :) And your hair looks lovely curled!
Looks like you had an awesome time! Can’t wait for that hummus recipe! I would happily live off hummus…! :D

Lauren December 3, 2010

You guys look so happy in all the pictures. I love seeing all the happiness and holiday cheer!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table December 3, 2010

Doesn’t it shock you to see old pics of yourself sometimes? I was looking at one last week and couldn’t believe how young I looked (I thought I was SO grown up at the time!). You look fantastic!

Hummus is my all-time favorite food. I can’t wait for your mom’s recipe!

Erika @ Health and Happiness in LA December 3, 2010

Your mom actually said she preferred the vegan mac and cheese! That is a major vegan victory!

Tricia December 3, 2010

Hi Angela!
Great pictures! You and Eric look fantastic!
I really wan’t to make the vegan mac ‘n cheese to shock my ever skeptical boyfriend, but he is allergic to cashews…do you think anything else could be used? He’s allergic to all nuts except peanuts, pine nuts and almonds…

Page 1 of 212»