Project Food Blog Video 411

20101107IMG 9957b thumb   Project Food Blog Video 411

As I sit here at my computer screen anticipating my Project Food Blog video post, I can’t help but wonder, “What do I write? Do I just show the video? Do I hide under my desk with a basket full of Christmas Blondies listening to Bing Crosby?”

[Trust me, I have to hide these from my husband…]

I ponder these deep thoughts as I stare at the screen before me. I sip some celebratory Merlot because 8 long nights of video editing sucked the life out of me and I need to feel blood pumping through my veins again. Before I know it, my cheeks have a lovely red glow to them perfect for the holiday season.

And then, like a bolt of lightning from the Baking Gods above, it hits me plain and simple.

I love this.

I love the recipe creation, the baking, the photography, and the taste-testing (wink, wink). Even baking disasters have their value. For example, this morning, I learned that one should never pour boiling water into Arrowroot powder (try it, I dare you…).

The only thing I love doing more than these things, is having the privilege to share my passion with you. I feel extremely lucky to be able to do what I do everyday. This blog right here is the part that leaves me running from my kitchen to my desk, typing away furiously with excitement and a dorky grin.

I don’t take myself or my food too seriously and my hope is that you will walk away from this video excited to create magic in your own kitchen. All of the recipes are a cinch to whip up and even the most fearful baker can have recipe success.

Laugh at yourself, forgive your baking flops, and most of all, take some time for yourself this holiday season.

post3 thumb   Project Food Blog Video 411

post1 thumb   Project Food Blog Video 411

post5 thumb   Project Food Blog Video 411

My goal was to create unique and easy Blondie recipes that would also be easy on the budget during an otherwise expensive time of the year. The Blondie In A Jar gifts cost under $3 to make!

post4 thumb   Project Food Blog Video 411

All you have to do is print out the recipe cards, attach them to your filled jars, and then ship them to my address to your friends and family or give them as a hostess gift.

pdfrecipes2   Project Food Blog Video 411

[Please note that butter can be substituted for vegan butter spread (this is also indicated on the recipe card).]

Now go and get your holiday bake on!

Just be sure to save us some.

~~~

Voting is now open for Challenge #7. I appreciate your support in advancing me to round 8!

Ali November 14, 2010

Simply adorable.

Tanya @ Vegan Faith November 14, 2010

I loved your video! You are as fun and personable as I imagined! Thanks for your great blog and for this great recipe!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) November 14, 2010

WOW! Ange, you knocked this one out of the park :D

Your video…. WOW! I know… I already said that. ;P You seriously had me laughing on your out takes. You and Eric are SO adorable. What a great video. I loved all the gift ideas and am seriously thinking I need to make them!! A++ ;)

-Mary

katrina m November 14, 2010

haha you guys are so cute! :) great job, the video was awesome!!! and those blondies look very yummy!!

faith @ gracefulfitness November 14, 2010

Angela, you have gone ABOVE and BEYOND once again! You are truly an inspiration in a thousand diffent ways. Thank you.

Nicole November 14, 2010

Seriously, Angie, you are so great! I can tell you put an immense amount of work into this!

Pauline November 14, 2010

I can’t get over how cute you guys are!! You always work so hard, it’s so inspiring, I’m definitely voting for you!!

Keep up the AMAZING work!!

mindy November 14, 2010

That was great! You did such a great job on camera. I can’t wait to make all of the blondie recipes. I am so hungry watching this! The bloopers at the end were so funny!

Krista November 14, 2010

Incredible! I wasn’t going to watch any of the entries this round, but I’m so glad I did. I smiled through your whole video!

Kristy November 14, 2010

AMAZING POST- i loved the video…. I think that you need to be on the FOOD NETWORK – your own show some day ? ? ? I loved the bloopers at the end- how cute :)

Isabel November 14, 2010

This was such a cute post! You are my inspiration every single day – I’m a 17 year old competitive runner, and I love the combination of healthy eating and exercise that you promote! Thank you so much!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life November 14, 2010

Oh my gosh Angela, this video is absolutely phenomenal! So “professional” looking…and I definitely love the bloopers at the end. Too cute! Best of luck to you…you’ll have my vote! ;)

Diana@Spain in Iowa November 14, 2010

Angela, what a great video! You are so natural on film and the bloopers were hilarious! Loved seeing your personality and glow on film!

kim November 14, 2010

I loved the video! You and Eric are so adorable! I loved the outtakes! You definitely have my vote!

Lynda November 14, 2010

I loved this video! I have checked your site at least 10 times today, waiting for you to submit it! The bloopers at the end were priceless!

May November 14, 2010

You deserved my vote again! You both look so adorable and truly having fun together! Thank you for your time and EFFORT in creating this video and sharing it with us. Great one , Angela!

p/s You look really photogenic, so natural on camera =)

Sara November 14, 2010

Nice job! And I love how you didn’t just do a recipe but also had a gift idea tie in. Plus the blooper real!! Hilarious! You are so cute and real and that is why I come back everyday! Thank you so much for you daily sunny face and your kick ass recipes!

Jillian @ Reshape Your Life November 14, 2010

Oh that blooper reel was awesome! The video was super cute and the blondies look amazing.

I can’t wait to vote you to the next round. With a video like this you are sure to advance! Love it!

Heather (Heather's Dish) November 14, 2010

i’m so glad you did a video…i feel like i know you so much better now! i’m most definitely making those blondie jars for christmas too :)

Nancy November 14, 2010

This is so awesome! I love blondies! HA!!

The bloopers at the end were definitely my favorite – I was totally laughing along with you.

Gloria November 14, 2010

I LOVE IT! Angela, you are adorable :) amazing job!!

Hillary November 14, 2010

Love it!!! Love it!!! Thank you soo much. You took care of about 8 gifts for christmas! Which is awesome cause I am on a really tight budget.

Maddie (Healthy Maddie) November 14, 2010

I love the video and all of the blondie recipes! The outtakes were so funny, especially the “peppernut” blondies. Your video looks so professional and well done. You could totally have a cooking show :) Thanks for all of the recipes. I can’t wait for the holidays so I can make them!

Lisa @ I'm an Okie November 14, 2010

Adorable! I love it!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 14, 2010

Ohmygosh I love this!! It was definitely worth the wait :) And you’ve got me salivating, even though I’m stuffed beyond belief right now…

Alicia November 14, 2010

This is GREAT, I can’t wait to make these for the holidays, thank you so much Angela! :)

jennifer November 14, 2010

LOVE LOVE LOVE this <3 I can't wait to make these for my friends!!! You have the greatest ideas and you are so inspiring!!!! Def have my vote again :)

Maggie @ Flour Child November 14, 2010

You’ve got my vote! Absolutely amazing, inspired and FUN video. You definitely glow, girl, and I’ll be making these at home and to give as gifts!

xoxo
Maggie

Maggie @ Flour Child November 14, 2010

P.S. I’m a longtime reader, first time commenter. Having never seen you on video before, you’re EXACTLY how I imagined! Cute, fun, smart, sassy, poised, etc. I’m so impressed! (But not at all surprised.) :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 14, 2010

Wow, thank you! :) Too kind. I am glad you weren’t let down…haha ;)

courtney November 14, 2010

LOVE it! You are too cute. I can’t wait to make these for gifts! Of course, I will have to taste test them all first… Good luck with Project Food Blog!

Stacey November 14, 2010

Your video was awesome, the bloopers are hilarious and the fireplace part made me laugh out loud hahaha. I have one question – if I wanted to sub real eggs for the flax ones how many would I use?
Thanks and congrats!

Megan (Running Foodie) November 14, 2010

It’s so fun to hear your voice! You and Eric are hilarious :)

Sarah Louise November 15, 2010

I don’t think I’ve ever commented on your blog before, but I’ve been lurking for a long time. But after watching that video I thought I’d say something…You’re so darn cute! I loved the video! It put a huge smile on my face. I bookmark a TON of your recipes, and I definitely think I am going to have to make these blondies when I go to my in-laws for Christmas. They will be a huge hit!

Faith @ lovelyascharged November 15, 2010

Ahhhh I LOVED it! You came across as so sweet and so happy to be doing what you’re doing…good luck!!!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 15, 2010

I LOVE it! The bloopers are my fav. Very funny and added a lot of personality to the video.

And I’ll be making those “pepper nut” blondies this Christmas. :)

Shelby November 15, 2010

I love this and love the recipes!!!!! You are gorgeous and have an awesome personality :) It was so great to hear your voice!!!!

Karen November 15, 2010

I loved your video!
It is definitely so nice to get a peek into a blogger’s real life, hear your voice, etc.
I’m glad you practiced for the next challenge, ’cause I can’t imagine you won’t make it through!
Great job!

Fallon November 15, 2010

OMG That is the best idea ever!!!! They look so delicious. I wouldn’t be able to stop eating them!

Gloria November 15, 2010

Awesome job! Loved those bloopers :) And I’m going to try making those asap!

Delishhh November 15, 2010

Awesome video. I do this cookies in a jar idea every year and love it. Great ideas and nice of you to add the print out card. You have my vote!

Page 4 of 8« First...«23456»...Last »