Weekly Health News

Well, it is a good thing I made energy bites for last night because we needed them to fuel our beer and chatting marathon on the couch!

Last night  = Sitting on the couch > Kinect

I am a strong believer in listening to your body and last night our bodies wanted beer, energy bites, blankets, and a comfy couch. The technical term is Pre-Winter hibernation I believe.

Lots of wedding talk occurred! Steve and Joanne are trying to decide what kind of wedding they want to have (destination vs home). It is a difficult decision!

Today, I am in the kitchen testing my pumpkin recipe should I advance to challenge #8 in Project Food Blog. Yesterday, I tested a pumpkin recipe that I had been planning all week and it was a huge and utter flop. I was left with a kitchen that looked like a bomb went off. Sometimes creating vegan recipes is not easy!

Now I start from scratch.

I threw around some ideas with Eric last night and I came up with a new idea that I hope will be great!

Because I am busy in the kitchen today, I thought I would do a health news round up for you today. :)

Health News Round Up

Random question of the day- If you are married, did you opt for a destination wedding or one in your area? If you are planning on getting married some day, have you thought about what you would do for your wedding?

1 Lindsey November 15, 2010

My husband and I were married 3 years ago this December in Punta Cana, DR. Along with 35 of our closest friends and family we stayed at the Bahia Principe resort. It was such a stress free experience, the resort took care of everything for us! Everyone had a great time and we have a weeks worth or special memories. Oh and the tropical scenery provided a gorgeous backdrop for our photos!

2 Sonia November 15, 2010

The hubby, Eric, and I were married in Santa Cruz, CA this past July 3. :) We’ve been together for 6 years and married for 4 months. Lol. It was a local wedding since I’m from the Bay Area and he’s from Monterrey County. All of our family (except for my Hungarian side (they’re in Hungary!)) pretty much live in the area and only a few friends had to come from out of town (San Diego, where we met). We wanted to make it easy for our family and definitely cut costs down, so in total we had about 95 guests. I have no regrets about our location. A fun garden ceremony with tons of flowers in bloom and delicious steakhouse/reception hall to party in. It was a blur of an evening but ever so fun. Oh and my hubby had a BIG hand in planning the wedding. He was more into the planning than I was! :D We each had our personal touch and they went beautifully together.

3 Natasha November 15, 2010

We went the Destination Wedding route in Punta Cana, celebrating our wedding with 53 of our closest family & friends in paradise!
My husband & I are so happy we made the choice to get married away, and are celebrating our one year anniversary tomorrow!

4 Halley (Blunder Construction) November 15, 2010

Angela, I raced home today so I could watch your video (no sound at work!) It came out great! So worth all the effort you put in, good luck this round! My favorite part, I think, is at the end with Eric smiling at the end. He must be such a great helper :)

5 Halley (Blunder Construction) November 15, 2010

Oops, this was obviously supposed to go on your next post.

6 kathleen November 14, 2010

My husband and I had a long distance engagement. I was in Boston, he was in Florida. I actually went through the process of trying to plan a wedding in Florida while I was in Boston (my family as well as his are in FL). Well, we ended up canning that plan and went to the courthouse shortly after we moved in together. I wore jeans and a white t-shirt and honestly, wouldn’t change how we did it for the world.

7 miss muse November 14, 2010

Niagara, Ontario is a great destination in wine country!

8 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope November 14, 2010

Angela,
So random, but…how would you veganize these burgers? They are so good, SO GOOD. They sound simple, but they’re amazing. They have 2 eggs to keep them together and parmesan cheese–any suggestions? I’m vegetarian, but like to try things vegan, too…:)

9 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope November 14, 2010

Angela,

10 Lea @ Healthy Coconut November 14, 2010

I’m nearlywed and planning my destination wedding in a wonderful tropical location and what sold me is the privacy of the venue, a private beach/island that is accessible by boat. We will have the entire beach to ourselves, with our closest family and friends and also get to spend 3 days of tropical vacation with them.

For me, that’s how I want to celebarate my wedding weekend, and not just a wedding day.

11 Chryss November 14, 2010

My husband and I rented the Bower Center in Elk Neck State Park in MD. It was about $900 to rent for the whole weekend and consisted of a fairly rustic main house with a kitchen, dining area, and a few bedrooms with bathrooms down the hall. (My parents arrived at the park office first thing the morning the rental selection started and secured the summer solstice weekend for us!) There was also a carriage house adjacent to the main house that was set up with maybe 15-20 beds and a shared bathroom. We hired a caterer for the food (all vegetarian), a college classmate who owned a flower shop prepared some basic arrangements and the corsages/boutonnieres, and a photographer friend took the pictures as a wedding present. I bought my Renaissance-style dress online for $200. My dad bought a keg of beer and we served wine and red wine with a champagne toast. We had the ceremony outside overlooking the Chesapeake Bay and dinner inside the main house, with all the doors open. It had poured early in the day, but cleared up perfectly in time for our evening festivities. “Parents” stayed until about 9 pm, then us “kids” partied ’till dawn with the keg bonfire on the beach. There was plenty of room for our friends to stay over, so no one had to drive after drinking. The out of town guests stayed the whole weekend, so that cut a big expense that I think everyone appreciated. Even after 10 years, all our friends say it was the best, most fun, and unique wedding they had ever attended.

12 Danielle November 14, 2010

Hope you’ve been having a beautiful weekend. I cannot wait to hear what you came up with for your vegan pumpkin recipe. I have no doubt it is fantastic :)

As for the wedding q, I have definitely thought about it, but to be honest, the only thing I’m sure of is that I want my wedding to be small. I don’t know where it will be, what my dress will look like, or who will be standing across from me as I say my vows for that matter! I’ll let you know when I do ;)

13 [email protected] November 14, 2010

i loved watching the videos of the guy doing the junk food diet..or i guess the Twinkie Diet :) lol its too hilarious <3 all i would say to him would be "yea… well.. good luck with that" lol

14 Traci November 14, 2010

My husband and I opted for a small ceremony on the beaches of San Desin ,FL. It was in November ,the weather was beautiful but the day we said I do was quite chilly. I have only the warmest memories though :)

15 laurak November 14, 2010

Hi Angela!

(Not sure whether I’ve commented before but LOVE LOVE your blog and read it daily!)

I’m not married myself, but I did have a very odd dream the other night about being proposed to and instead of saying ‘yes!’, being so overcome with shock that I responded with ‘thankyou!’, instead. Then, the following morning, one of my best friends called to tell me that her long term boyfriend had popped the question, and she was so surprised that the first thing she blurted out was ‘thankyou!’, herself! Haha, strange hey!

Laura :)

16 Teresa November 14, 2010

I think my husband and I have one of those great stories of how we met :). We were both friends with the same people (for years!) but had never been in the same place at the same time to meet. Then one day a bunch of us were invited to a friend’s house for a fun night of hanging out and he and I were the only ones that were able to show up! Funny thing was that we had even had other plans that night but decided we would go there instead. So we believed it was meant to be ;). Anyways that wasn’t what you asked! haha. 3 weeks after meeting we were married at the courthouse. Shock. His parents thought I had to be pregnant. Mine were very supportive. But VERY short “enagements” run in my family. We did have a church wedding 2 months later for the rest of our family and friends to attend. We chose this big huge church where my parents live. Since it was going to be Christmas time we figured we wouldn’t have to buy decorations because they always decorated beautifully for Christmas at the church. Lo and behold we picked the ONE year they chose not to decorate the church! LOL

17 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) November 14, 2010

I got married in my city, but I think destination weddings are awesome!!!!!

18 Clare@ Fitting It All In November 14, 2010

Love the news round ups. Thanks!

And I’m not married but know I will have a home wedding – likely my home town but depends on the groom too obviously. It’s just more important to me to have all my loved ones able to be there, and I love the traditions of a Church I grew up with and things. But each person is different! For me the destination part will be the honeymoon…just the two of us!

19 [email protected] November 13, 2010

i got married in my hometown, and it was wonderful but I wish I had known that I would have liked a smaller wedding. We invited as many people as we could afford/fit in the venue, but I wish we just selected our very closest friends and family. No regrets in the end though!

20 Diana November 13, 2010

If it makes you feel better, I’ve been working on chocolate chip cookie dough balls since Tuesday and made my sixth batch last night. Err…lol. I’m still not 100% happy with them, but I think I only have 1 batch left go. Anywho, I have no doubt your recipe will be just as fabulous as all your others!

As for the random question, hubby and I did a destination wedding in the Bahamas. We got married on a beach and it was sooo pretty! :)

21 Caroline @ NaturallyCare.blogspot.com November 13, 2010

I love your round-up posts! All the health/food info I need in one place… perfection.

I’m only 18 so thinking of my wedding seems pretty crazy at the moment… But I guess I would have to say Santa Fe, New Mexico. So random, and not exactly an exotic place… but it’s beyond beautiful there. And I just love the vibe there!

22 Kelly November 13, 2010

I love your weekly health news- I don’t really have time to stay up on it all so I love that you do it for me. (I shouldn’t say I don’t have time, I don’t make time like you do haha).

I just got married this past summer. Our wedding was technically a destination because it was about an hour and a half away from our house and most guests stayed overnight. But it was good because everyone could come where as if we had to really far away, people might not have been able to. I loved our wedding, but I will say there were times during the planning process that I was really wishing we had done even closer.

23 stacey-healthylife November 13, 2010

Hope your recipe turns out soon so you can relax. Can’t wait to see it.

24 Gypsy November 13, 2010

I’m currently engaged and of course everyone’s question is “when is the wedding?”
I consider myself pretty girly but for some reason never dreamed of the big day and have no desire to plan a big wedding. Honestly, the only time I thought “well maybe…” is when I saw all your wedding pictures!!
But the biggest factor is the cost and we are saving for a house. Being such a practical lady, I just can’t fathom spending the money when I want to buy a house so bad.
I think we are going to the courthouse to get married and then a party afterwards. Or three parties: one here in LA with our friends, one in PA with his family, and one in MI with my family!

25 Heather (Heather's Dish) November 13, 2010

when we got married i had big dreams of getting married by the ocean, but we knew that not a lot of people would be able to come so we went with a local wedding instead. now that i look back i would have done a destination wedding anyway…and just invited fewer people!

26 Jenny November 13, 2010

I would definitely do the home wedding! I wouldn’t want people to not come because of how far it is..

27 kt November 13, 2010

I had a traditional wedding, and although the day was a blast, I’m now envious of my brother and his wife who eloped and then had a giant, casual party afterwards. They saved so much money and didn’t miss the stress of planning a wedding for a year. My advice to people preparing to get married is to do what feels right to YOU, and don’t worry about what other people will think.

28 Krista @ Can't Survive On Yarn Alone November 13, 2010

We got married in the area. We had a small wedding – about 100 actually were able to attend. We were able to have a low budget yet still raved about wedding. People who lived in the area could stop at home in between the ceremony and reception if they wanted. The most important part especially with it being February, if the weather was bad the driving wouldn’t be horrible for most people. A destination wedding would have been nice but then it would have been a possible financial burden on some of our friends and family. It wouldn’t be a question if they wanted to go but rather if they could without having to spend a small fortune.

29 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 13, 2010

We had one in our area, because there were so many people we wanted there. I have so many loved ones that I didn’t want them to miss out! Plus, we wanted to get married in our church that we go to.

30 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 13, 2010

We were going to get married anyway. And we were going to do it in Hawaii. But we were on a plane to Vegas for a work trip for Scott and decided to just get married in Vegas. That weekend. Well on Tuesday I think it was. I went to the mall, bought a hot pink Betsey Johnson dress. We paid $199 for a wedding package in a little chapel, complete with 24 exposure kodak camera and plastic corsage for scott, plastic bouquet for me, and a mininster with spiked hair and a tail who married us in 3 minutes. No one said it would last.

10 years later and a 4 year old (almost) child later…and living all over the country and moving and having a blast…we’ve made it last :)

I think destination weddings rock!

31 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 13, 2010

I love your story!!!

32 Sarah November 13, 2010

“hot pink Betsey Johnson dress…” this comment would make any female proud of her gender :) You go girl!

33 Sana November 14, 2010

That is the best wedding story!

34 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 14, 2010

Thanks, girls :)

35 Sara November 13, 2010

Love your blog! I’m hooked on it :)

Hubby and I were married in Belize 3 years ago- not quite a “destination” wedding as we only had a few good friends meet us down there, but close enough! We loved, loved LOVED our experience, as well as our reception we held here at home when we returned.

We travel back to Belize each year to commemorate our anniversary (and while down there this year we discovered we were expecting a baby!).

36 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 13, 2010

congrats!

37 Maddie (Healthy Maddie) November 13, 2010

Great articles and good luck with your pumpkin recipe! Some times it takes a few flops before you find the winner.

38 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 13, 2010

and I would also like to add…sometimes one has to kiss a few frogs before they find their prince! lol

39 Becca November 13, 2010

My fiance and I are getting married next May in the Outer Banks, North Carolina (a closer destination wedding from our home in Richmond, Virginia). We have rented a huge oceanfront house and are getting married barefoot on the beach and having the reception at the beach house :) I am SO excited for it because the whole thing is “so us”. It is going to be, as I call it, “beachy casual” :) Only 175 days until I marry my best friend!!

40 Sally November 13, 2010

I really really wanted a tiny, simple ceremony in Vegas but the logistics of getting family and stepkids there didn’t work so we had a small brunch ceremony at a local restaurant. Doing a brunch worked out really well because we were all done by 3 pm and even though we were exhausted, we could still bask in the glow of our first day as a married couple.

41 Anne November 13, 2010

Hi I recently discovered your blog. I really enjoy the “realness” of your posts. You present your experiences without preaching which is so refreshing.

As to the wedding question. I don’t think the location of the celebration (local vs. destination) really is as significant as the mind set of what you are celebrating: the commitment to your spouse. I personally can not imagine doing that without precious friends and family in attendance. If going “destination” made it more difficult for my friends and family to attend, that would really influence my decision. That being said, there will be some people that won’t be able to attend no matter what you plan, so if your heart is set on a destination, and you won’t have to sacrifice significant friends and family being there, go for it.

I also realize that what others think: mothers, fathers, friends, cousins, even complete strangers can become stifling. And you’ll probably have to make some compromises no matter which location you choose. So, remember what counts and what you are really celebrating…it’s not about having a perfect party…its about celebrating your marriage and your future life together.

Also, I’ve been happily married for a few (16) years. And I suggest, unless you are made of money, do exercise some restraint on the $$. It is a once in a life time event and you want it to be special, but life will continue to happen to you…so don’t mortgage yourself into financial stress just as you start out your married life.

42 Ellen November 13, 2010

that story about the dietician professor who lost weight on a twinkie diet makes me so angry! am i the only one that finds it totally irresponsible to make it seem like a good idea to live off hostess, espresso and vitamin pills?

besides, it totally undermines the true need that people in food deserts experience on a day to day basis. he is basically saying “well, you might be malnourished from eating crappy food, but the reason you’re fat is YOUR fault!” man, i could go on and ON about that one.

looking forward to your pumpkin recipe!

43 Nicole, RD November 13, 2010

We did a wedding near our home so it was convenient for our friends and family. I think destination weddings are great, just wasn’t right for us with older grandparents and what not! I LOVED wedding planning, though…had a blast! And it was a good thing I planned so well…the wedding went off without a hitch!

44 Teresa @ Teresa Tastes & Travels November 13, 2010

Funny thing…we were caught planning an elopement. My strong-willed Italian dad ended up planning a big wedding at home. Then tried forcing people to eat seconds (I mentioned strong-willed Italian, right?).

45 Lauri (RedHeadRecipes.com) November 13, 2010

Hi!! We had amoderate sized wedding (~200 ppl) in our home town. But now, looking back, I kinda wish we had done a destination wedding and then had a HUGE reception for everyone afterwards!! Planning the wedding was A LOT of stress, but it all turned out great in the end!!

46 Jessica Sinclair November 13, 2010

Hope that this recipe work out for you! I sure like the ones that I have cooked/baked from your recipes page! My husband and I got married 4 blocks from our house in a hall by my minister Aunt. It was perfect as we had a 4 month old baby at the time and I was breastfeeding! Nothing like finding out your pregnant AFTER you buy the dress!

47 Bridget November 13, 2010

Listening to your body is always the way to go. It’s one of the many things I’ve learned from your blog, and once I applied it to my life, I’ve felt so much better :) Whenever I find myself questioning whether or not to workout when feeling sick or sore, I sometimes think “What would Angela do?”

As far as marriage….hmmm, well I’m only 20 at the moment, and first I need to find the guy haha! I’ve always wanted a wedding that incorporates the outdoors as much as possible. Living in BC is great for that!

48 Jen November 13, 2010

My husband and I took the non-traditional route and eloped in Niagara Falls. Good friends came along to be our witnesses, but other than them, we didn’t tell a soul. Our day was about us and our vows to each other…no worrying about who’s sitting next to who at dinner, will Uncle X act up and drink to much, will all the parents get along, etc. Four years later, we agree we wouldn’t do a thing differently.

I love the idea of destination weddings, especially in the Caribbean because we love to vacation there, but one caveat I would warn people of is that a destination wedding can end up just as costly as a traditional wedding at home. Many people host a reception once they get home, so when you figure in the cost of getting to your destination, invites, clothing, photography, all the little extras and then add in the cost of renting a hall or however you would celebrate your marriage with friends & family at home, it can end up costing the same or even more than if you’d just gotten hitched at home. Something to think about!

49 Maria @ Oh Healthy Day November 13, 2010

I’m getting married next year. I live in CA, but we are getting married in VA – where our families are. As much as we would love to have a destination wedding (Hawaii, preferably, where we were engaged), we know that not all of our families could afford the trip. We’d rather have them witness our day and then we can celebrate in the tropic after the wedding.

50 Camille November 13, 2010

I really want to get married at city hall, but my boyfriend wants an outdoor wedding. Who knows what will happen!

51 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 13, 2010

I would love to get married on a lake up in northern Ontario. So it might be a bit of drive for our guests, but nothing too far away! I don’t think I’d want to do a real destination wedding though because I want everyone to be able to have the time/money to attend.

Good luck with your new idea for the pumpkin recipe! I hope it works out! :D

52 Allison @ Food For Healing November 13, 2010

I can’t wait to get married one day, Fall wedding, in my area. No destination wedding for me, but definitely honeymoon trip like that would be awesome.

53 Amber K November 13, 2010

There was no way we could afford a destination wedding. It sounds like a fun idea, but the cost is just too much!

54 Shanna, Like Banana November 13, 2010

For us it was not a destination but since our entire family / extended family lives out East, it was a destination to them. We got married at a winery near SF :)

55 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty November 13, 2010

I’m getting married in 3 months, in Mexico!! I’m so excited to be having a destination wedding. We only invited the people we wanted there (too many others to invite if we had it here) And we get to spend a whole week with out favorite people!!! We have 31 in total coming, and couldn’t be more excited!!!

Tell them don’t be fooled though, it seems like a destination wedding is cheaper… but it’s not that far off a wedding here, once all the bells and whistles are booked!!

56 Katy (The Singing Runner) November 13, 2010

I’m 20 years old with no boyfriend (or any potential ones for that matter), but I have already planned my wedding! :) I know the city, location, size, etc for what I want! I know that I probably will have to make some compromises when the time comes but it’s fun to dream right?

57 Caitlin (EatFeats) November 13, 2010

I would like to elope. Or not marry. But, since I’m sure my parents don’t want me to live alone or in sin forever, I’m planning on an outdoor Bay Area coastal wedding.

58 Caitlin (EatFeats) November 13, 2010

Which is where I live! So…home wedding!

59 Leah @ L4L November 13, 2010

We had a semi-destination wedding. We went to Vegas. The reasoning was that our families were so spread out (washington, montana, arizona, utah, texas, ohio, missouri) so doing something sort of in the middle of the US where everyone would have to travel seemed fair. We also did it over a 3-day weekend so people could have a fun get-away weekend as well.

60 Lindsay November 13, 2010

We were married almost 2 years (in January) and we had a destination wedding in Punta Cana. We were fortunate enough to have 55 guests join us, and we also had a party 2 months later in our hometown for about 100 people so we could celebrate with all of those who couldn’t join us down south. It was magical and I wouldn’t do it any other way. Highly recommended if you don’t have a vision of a traditional wedding.

61 Haleigh November 13, 2010

My husband and I were married in Sarasota, FL. It was extremely difficult to plan because we were living in Sweden at the time. We had family coming to our wedding from Sweden and Oklahoma. My mom was a lot of help since she was at least in the country at the time, so she could call to make the arrangements for me. I wouldn’t have changed my wedding for the world though :) Although it was stressful to plan a destination wedding, everything worked out in the end.

62 Katie November 13, 2010

My husband and I have friends and families all over the U.S. and Mexico, so most people would have had to travel to our wedding no matter where it was. We decided to have it in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, partially because it was easier for his elderly grandparents to travel domestically. Everything was just beautiful. We ended up with 80 guests, which was a great number, and even though our wedding was very nice (open top-shelf bar, surf-and-turf dinner, etc.), nobody knew it was a third of the cost it would have been in the U.S. As we had a fairly limited budget, this also played a role in having a destination wedding. Some of the logistics, like getting married in a Catholic church, had us jumping through hoops, but we had over a year to plan so it was very do-able. Here are a couple pictures for anyone interested: (http://thenicholsblog.com/2008/06/21/katie-drew-puerto-vallarta/)

And for the people who want a small wedding, my husband and I went to city hall in Manhattan (where we were living at the time) three weeks before our “big” wedding since it was much easier to get married in the U.S. It was just the two of us on a rainy Friday, with a friend as our witness, followed by brunch at one of our favorite restaurants. We spent the weekend celebrating with Broadway shows and a couple nice dinners wearing our wedding bands, then took them off Monday until our Mexican wedding. Nobody but our families and the one friend knew we were married before, so it was really romantic and fun to have that secret. I would totally recommend it :)

63 Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 13, 2010

I’ve never really put *too* much thought into a wedding, but me and my boyfriend have talked a little about what we would want. As of right now, the plan’s for a destination wedding to where most of our family is so they don’t have to travel. It’s easier to move two people than 20 people.

64 AGS November 13, 2010

My husband and I are always planning opposite roles in our relationship. I had practically zero interest in our wedding (poor guy), but fortunately he had tons of interest and is a good organizer, and pretty much we went with his preferences, because it meant so much to him. We kept in close to home (in Washington, DC — which is where I’ve lived since 2000) — church where we attended at the time. The building was striking, so we skipped all decorations, and were just glad to have family and friends there.

It’s intriguing to me that so many people are going with destination weddings these days. I sometimes wonder if it’s because there is such pressure through the wedding industry (talk about a case study in created demand), to have a certain type of wedding. I mean, we didn’t bother coordinating colors, flowers, anything. It was great: friends, family, food. . . I mean, it didn’t even matter that the groomsman (we just had one attendant each) forgot the rings.

65 tara November 13, 2010

My husband and I were married 7 months ago. Both of us strongly dislike being in the spotlight and get nervous being the center of attention, so we knew when we first mentioned getting married that a big wedding was NOT in the future. Each of us having two huge families made it even harder. I was living in Canada before we were married and he was in California, where we both are now. We both love the ocean so we knew we wanted to do it on the beach. Because of technicalities with the fiance visa I was moving to the USA on, we legally had to get married on US soil. That made us not having a “real” wedding a little easier as we had a good excuse for not getting married in Canada with our families.
We call what we did a “pre-planned elopement” because it wasn’t a secret, but it was just us two. Our best friend here is a photographer so her and her husband were there as witnesses and did our photos. It was short and sweet, and once we were married we had a blast doing a lot of cool photos in different locations along the coast.
Then a few months later when we were home visiting our families we had a big family weekend get together, which was laid back and not formal at all – just our style. In the end everyone had a great time and we did get to celebrate our marriage together. But we did get a lot of pressure to do our wedding the way other people thought we “should” do it. We did it the way we wanted to and we wouldn’t change a thing!

66 Kaneil, The Ritts November 13, 2010

It was a tough decision for us, but we stayed in town after realizing that we really wanted all of our friends and family to be there. The fact that our grandparents couldn’t travel easily was a huge deciding factor. That, and the fact that it’s easy to send more on a smaller destination wedding after all of the travel expenses are considered.

But, the week of our wedding, Andrew and I were both so stressed about silly details that we swore we would take off and elope if we could have without losing several thousand dollars!

I say, it’s a toss up! If you’re leaning towards a destination – go for it!

Kaneil

67 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 13, 2010

I love the round ups! I had no idea Bobby Flay was a marathon runner… impressive!

68 Sarah November 13, 2010

Thanks for being so attentive to your readers. It is so much easier to navigate posts now that they are separate from your added daily photos! Cannot wait for food buzz post!!!!!!!!!!!

69 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 13, 2010

No prob!!

You should have seen me, I was so proud of myself for figuring out this plug in..haha. Took me a while, but I got it!

70 Meredith Lilly November 13, 2010

I’m getting married in less than a year and we have decided to have the ceremony close to home. Being surrounded by our friends and family is so important to us, and having the wedding overseas would be a serious obstacle for a lot of people to attend.

It’s already a bit tricky — I’m from Saskatoon and my fiance is from Toronto, so one of our families has to travel! Maybe we should do a destination wedding to Winnipeg, meet them halfway :P

71 Leah @ Simply Fabulous November 13, 2010

You know I loved my wedding day, but sometimes I think about how amazing a destination wedding would have been. I went to one in Mexico 4 years ago and it was just gorgeous. I don’t really think they can go wrong. They could always throw a party when they get back for guests who couldn’t make it!

72 Moni'sMeals November 13, 2010

I always love your health round ups!
I saw the Twinkie peice earlier this week and it is ridiculous that he is in the Health industry, He is a silly silly man. Sending a wrong message.

Anyways, I got married in Steamboat Springs, CO and yes it was a detination wedding and a dream come true. We got married on top of a mountain. :)
No regrets and all our guests made it too.
Have fun today!

73 Moni'sMeals November 13, 2010

Ha, I mean- no regrets meaning that we chose a destanation wedding, NOT that I got married! hehe.

74 Lauren November 13, 2010

I’m not even in a serious relationship right now, so who knows how this will change… but right now I want a simple, simple wedding. Either just going to the courthouse with a few family members or possibly even eloping. I don’t even think I want a diamond ring. I’ll be curious to see how these ideas change once I’m actually faced with the possibility of a big wedding and a diamond. ;-)

75 Megan @ Sweet On... November 13, 2010

This was about to be my answer, except sort of…I used to want the big traditional wedding, the diamond etc, but as I get “older” my priorities seem to be redefining themselves. I think my transition to veganism a year ago is related to this as well. The idea of marriage, the relationship, is more important to me than the wedding. I’d love a party with all my friends and family, but for a ceremony, just us and our parents and perhaps best friends, no hoopla. I don’t want to be stressed!

76 Jennifer@ knackfornutrition November 13, 2010

I love your Healthy news roundups! You’ve always got something I seem to miss in the news!

I have no idea what I would want to do for my wedding. It is not even on my radar! :)

77 Ange November 13, 2010

We were married in Vegas and had the most beautiful sunset ceremony in the gardens at Caesars. We took 15 of our closest friends/fan and it was honestly the most perfect day!!

78 Keri November 13, 2010

Thank you! I was very interested to read the article on Pilates vs. bootcamp…

79 Amanda November 13, 2010

Aw, I agree sometimes curling up on the couch is the recipe for a perfect evening.

I’m currently in the process of planning a wedding and I’m opting to have it at home because I know it will make the process easier for me. The challenge we’re facing is that home is new to us. My fiancee just got a job in Seattle so he is moving there now and I am moving when I graduate in May. This is challenging as far as wedding planning goes because neither of us know the area at all, luckily we’re not getting married till summer 2012 so we have time to figure things out.

Good luck with your pumpkin recipe!