Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

Good morning!

Hope you are having a great start to your week. Well, my dinner recipe didn’t turn out exactly as I wanted it to last night, so that post will be coming up later. I just need to tweak it a bit more!

It has been a while since I have done a breakfast post, so I thought I would show you what I have been eating for breakfast this Fall season.

Pumpkin Pie Delight Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits!

20100930IMG 3662 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

I also make Gingerbread and Butternut varieties to mix it up. I have vegan overnight oats about twice a week.

I have also been rocking the Green Monsters about 4-5 times a week, sometimes for breakfast other times for post-workout snacks.

20101107IMG 0007 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

And Pumpkin Pie Monsters…every now and then.

20100926IMG 3438 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

I have also been enjoying Spiced Up & Stacked Pumpkin Butter Pancakes (or other flavours of pancakes) about once every two weeks. I haven’t really had much time for pancakes lately, but I am hoping to make them this weekend.

20101007IMG 4483 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

This morning, I thought I would whip out the hot oatmeal for a change! I was freezing in the house when I got up and the only thing on my mind was HEAT!

20101108IMG 0015 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

The Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal ingredients:

20101108IMG 0009 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

Note that I have no sweetener in the oat mixture. I prefer to add my sweetener on top of the oats as I find you can taste it better. The oats on their own will not taste great, but the topping bring it to life. You can also add a banana to the oats while cooking if your prefer them sweeter.

20101108IMG 0013 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’ 20101108IMG 0015 thumb1   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

The toppings:

20101108IMG 0021 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

Along with some japanese Sencha Green Tea:

20101108IMG 0029 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

I love adding 1 tbsp of almond milk on top. It cools the oats down slightly and gives it a wonderful consistency like cereal. It’s fun swirling around all the flavours, and of course, the maple syrup is key here.

20101108IMG 0034 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

I also loved the 1/2 tsp of Earth Balance on top. It really gave the oats a nice savoury flavour and went well with the sweetness of the maple syrup.

Adding this to my rotation!

20101108IMG 0044 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

A great way to warm up on a chilly morning. :)

Well, I shall get back to my bakery work! I have a really busy week ahead of me with lots of orders to get caught up on, including a donation of Glo Bars for a charity volleyball tournament this weekend. I am also hoping to finalize the nutrition labels for the new holiday Glo Bar flavour and also the holiday variety packs! This week is going to fly by.

What breakfasts are you loving right now?

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete November 8, 2010

I’ve been eating PBJ toast for the past few days — I picked up some really good strawberry jam and it tastes incredible!

PS I like how you are showing the ingredients measured out on the cutting board — I think it looks really nice :)

Jennifer@ knackfornutrition November 8, 2010

My pumpkin oats never EVER look that pretty. Probably because I am always running late when I make them, but regardless, yours are so beautiful!! :)

Lily's Health Pad November 8, 2010

I have been pressed for time, so I am either eating overnight oats (tried them with pumpkin SILK this a.m.), toast, waffles I’ve made and frozen, or PB slathered bananas. I wish I had time to create more decadent and fun breakfasts!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin November 8, 2010

YUM. This looks awesome!!! I’ve been loving loaded toast lately, where I put nut butter, smashed banana, chia seeds, sometimes raisins or pom seeds, and then eat it just like that. It’s SO quick and perfect for bringing to work.

Katy (The Singing Runner) November 8, 2010

Oooo I need to try some of your pumpkin breakfasts. :) They look delicious!

Right now I’ve been loving plain Greek yogurt mixed with some cranberries heated up in the microwave. It may be a bit tart for some people in the morning but it’s just what I need to wake up. :)

Laurab @ foodsnobstl November 8, 2010

Oh, now I know what to do with the bag of cranberries in my fridge. Great idea!

Leanne @ Simplicitlee November 8, 2010

I love oatmeal. It warms you up and keeps you full :) Plus a sprinkle of blueberries & flaxseed tastes amazing!

hippierunner November 8, 2010

Everything looks so gorgeous! I’ve been having banana peanut butter oatmeal!

Erika @ Health and Happiness in LA November 8, 2010

Those fixins are awesome! And I love that wooden spoon.

I usually don’t eat breakfast (sorry, I know!) or I just have leftovers but this week I actually did make something breakfasty – oats, ground flax seed, mashed banana, and PB & J. It was really good!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg November 8, 2010

I love your little twig spoon! Too cute!

I’ve been craving green monsters in the morning lately, which is strange since our temps are getting colder and colder. They’re usually a “summer food” for me…but I’m going with it! :-)

grocery goddess jen November 8, 2010

Angela, those look simply awful. I really think you should send them all to my house so you don’t have to suffer through them anymore. You’re welcome.

For breakfast lately I’ve been rocking oat bran…I’m mildly obsessed!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing November 8, 2010

Oh my… that looks amazing! I dont think i’ve wanted oats this bad in a LONG time!

Allison @ Food for Healing November 8, 2010

oh how i wish i was doin the breakfast thing, a nice loaded up flavourful hot oatmeal would be nice with this cold wet weather in Sask

Kaneil, The Ritts November 8, 2010

Those look delicious – during the school week, I eat yogurt. But over the weekend, I had oats with salt and butter spread. Simple, warm and filling!

Kaneil, The Ritts

Jessica November 8, 2010

Those oats look delightful! Thank you so much for the recipe!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 8, 2010

Those oats look awesome. Definitely comforting!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 8, 2010

Oh YUM!! These look absolutely wonderful- and beautiful to boot. I love my cereal breakfasts year-round, though oats are always good too on a cold morning!!

Jen @ Making Messes November 8, 2010

Love your parfaits!

I’m doing warm oatmeal with nuts lately with the cold weather. I’m on a walnut kick. :)

Rebel mel November 8, 2010

Ha! I was totally planning on making pumpkin oatmeal this week! My recipe is a little different, though!

Dorry November 8, 2010

I’m still loving a big bowl of pumpkin oats and probably won’t get sick of it until after Christmas. It’s simply my favorite! This morning, I made an adapted version of your healthy cookies bites and they are delicious. I’m excited to experiment with different add-ins.

Julie S November 8, 2010

TOTALLY making these tomorrow for bfast, just have to pick up a few ingredients. You make breakfast so fun! (and make everything look sooooooo good) -drool- :P

Amanda (Eating Up) November 8, 2010

This is a timely post because I stood at my pantry for five minutes this morning realizing I no longer wanted hot oatmeal. I didn’t know what I wanted to make though!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 8, 2010

Those oats look delicious! i may just make them tomorrow morning for breakfast. Lately, I have been making Cran-Apple Pumpkin Oats. Delicious!

AGS November 8, 2010

Breakfasts for me have been unglamorous. . . but I am happy to say that they have included quite regularly homemade muffins of some sort – usually with whole wheat flour, not too much sugar, and some sort of moist add-in (banana, grated carrot, etc.). They are great for grabbing, heating up for a bit in the microwave, and munching with very little time.

In a somewhat odd reversal, my husband and I have been enjoying breakfast (omelets) for dinner at least once/week. Talk about one of the most economical foods of all time – even if you buy cage-free, they are still dang cheap.

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 8, 2010

I was quite the opposite this morning actually. It was so warm in my house for a change! I wanted something cold!

Becky November 8, 2010

Loving overnight oats – just discovered your blog a few weeks ago and had never heard of them. Enjoying all different fruits and seasonal butters in them – so yummy. And hot oatmeal – my mainstay. Over the weekend I made cinnamon apple swirl pancakes and am thinking I’m going to try pumpkin swirl pancakes this weekend. Can’t wait!

Laurab @ foodsnobstl November 8, 2010

I never have time to make breakfast, so it is usually overnight oats. Angela, would you maybe do a post on quick breakfasts you can make the night before and just heat up or grab and go?

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 8, 2010

Sure, I will keep this in mind :)

I believe you can make oatmeal the night before and then add a splash of milk and heat in the microwave in the morning. That might be worth trying out too.

Megan (Braise The Roof) November 8, 2010

When I was a kid my mom ALWAYS put milk on top of my oatmeal (or sometimes cream of wheat…remember that stuff?) and I’d totally forgotten about doing that. I think it really adds something!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 8, 2010

Right now I’m loving Green Monsters of all varieties, but I’m sad I didn’t get to have one today because I had to go straight from the gym to work. I’ll definitely be appreciating it tomorrow! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 8, 2010

GM’s give me endorphins! haha

Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 8, 2010

I’ll take pumpkin pie for breakfast ANYday. Yum!

Sheila Viers | Live Well 360 November 8, 2010

I really like making steel cut oats (I start them the night before) and adding pumpkin, raisins, pumpkin bread or granola, a little TJ sunflower butter, and spices.

Laila Heidema March 3, 2014

That sounds really yummy! Thanks for sharing.

sarahnotsoplainandtall November 8, 2010

Your pictures are beautiful as always!
Now that Im in Miami I havent been crazving a warm breakfast, so fruit has been good for me…but when I go home to New Hampshire for the holidays I will be trying out many of your ideas!!!

xx
@healthymodel

zoe (and the beatles) November 8, 2010

my breakfasts tend to look the same. usually i eat millet toast topped with half a banana and some almond butter. sometimes i throw on some pumpkin butter or honey and unsweetened coconut flakes. sometimes i switch out the toast for waffles. i love carbs in the morning. and sweet foods! like bananas :) but i think i need to switch it up! my body is getting frustrated with the same old eats, i think. and your pumpkin oats are the best place to start, i’m thinking :)!

Clare @ Fitting It All In November 8, 2010

totally loving YOUR pumpkin pie overnight oats, as well as plain old banana and almond butter sandwiches!!

Felicia (a taste of health with balance) November 8, 2010

those pancakes really look beyond delicious. i’ve been enjoying savory oats recently! i’ll keep this pumpkin oatmeal recipe in the back of my head :) love your photos, and all the measuring spoons are so cute!

Maddie (Healthy Maddie) November 8, 2010

I love pumpkin oatmeal! I had overnight oats in a jar tuis morning which is one of my favorite breakfasts. I’ve also been enjoying green monsters :)

Alina @ Duty Free Foodie November 8, 2010

Love that wooden spoon!

And sencha tea (in fact, I am drinking it right now!)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 8, 2010

Fave breakfast would be peace, quiet, no fires to put out, and a scorchingly hot cup of coffee :)

And your breakkie creation looks awesome.

Sorry your dinner party recipe needs tweaking…nothing like a little extra work for yourself in order to get it ready to be published.

And I hope your week goes wonderfully…new holiday flavour glo bars…sounds delish to me :)

Shanna, Like Banana November 8, 2010

Just got a wild craving for spice pancakes now..gee thanks ;)

Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow November 8, 2010

I’m currently very obsessed with warm banana sandwiches. :)

Toast up some bread or even cook french toast style with almond milk or milk of choice. Heat up banana in skillet for 3-4 minutes. Place in between bread and cover in toppings of choice (pumpkin, maple syrup or more!). I’ve seen this sandwich in so many blogs this season and have joined the crowd!

So delish.

bitt November 8, 2010

Yum! I have been loving hot oatmeal and cranberry smoothies.

Page 1 of 212»