Words Of Wisdom

Good morning!

Last night the contestants of Project Food Blog received some startling news that I thought I would fill you in on.

Foodbuzz has granted Project Food Blog contestants a 1-week extension for the video because there were music copyright issues with some videos that were submitted. We were notified of this last night and the video was originally due November 7th (tomorrow). Now the videos are not due until November 14th and the voting will not commence until November 15th.

Despite the extension, I can assure you I will be posting my video by tomorrow at 6pm EST, as originally planned! I have worked my butt off for two weeks on this video and I fully intend on posting it when it was originally due. Keep your eyes peeled for my video late tomorrow afternoon. I’m pumped!

20101023-IMG_8369

I thought I would share with you one of my favourite quotes this morning. :)

I have this up on my wall and I read it over when I need a boost and a reminder of what is truly important in life. As nerdy as this sounds, several parts of this quote actually bring tears to my eyes. I hope you will enjoy it too. There are also plenty of videos on You Tube of this quote if you are interested.

"Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh nevermind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded. But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can’t grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked….You’re not as fat as you imagine.

Do one thing everyday that scares you. Sing. Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts, don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours. Floss. Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind…the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself.

Get plenty of calcium. Be kind to your knees, you’ll miss them when they’re gone. Maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll have children,maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll divorce at 40, maybe you’ll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary…what ever you do, don’t
congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either
– your choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s.

think of it, it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own.

Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young."
Baz Luhrmann

Never forget, you hold the key to your happiness!

20100921-IMG_8380

What parts of this quote really speak to you?

1 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 6, 2010

Wow, I love this quote. Love the part about the race only being against yourself in the end – that is so true. And the parts about getting to know your parents… I don’t even want to think of the day mine are gone. This actually gave me chills. I think I’m going to print it out and put it above my desk in our den.

2 Lauren November 7, 2010

Jessica, I made your mac-n-cheese recipe last night! Absolutely fantastic with a bottle of red wine. :)

3 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 7, 2010

So glad you liked it! :)

4 Stace November 6, 2010

Get to know your parents, you never know when they’ll be gone for good.

That part really resonated with me, I’m still young (22) and live at home and my parents are very strict (still). Everyone always wonders why I can’t just lie about my whereabouts or tell them to screw off when they don’t want me to go somewhere or do something but I think of the bigger picture. I want a good relationship with them. This quote will definitely stick with me when I’m struggling to remember why!

5 Bridget November 6, 2010

“Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life”
I can totally relate to that. I’m 20 and in my third year of university, and I’m still confused about what I truly want to do. Sometimes I feel like I’m supposed to have it all mapped out by now, but I know that life is unpredictable, and that it will figure itself out at the right time. Everythings gonna be alright :)

Looking forward to the video! You always give 100% so I’m sure it will be incredible!

6 Sana November 6, 2010

I think it’s a GOOD thing that I don’t know what I want to do with my life.. I am only 21 and I have not really experienced much of anything :)

7 Cecilia November 6, 2010

“don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours”

THIS, because it’s a lesson it took me a while to learn, but it’s also one of the best things I’ve learnt. Some people you just have to let go of, so that you can hold on to others that much more.

8 Amanda (Eating Up) November 6, 2010

What ever you do, don’t congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either – your choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s.

Celebrate everyone’s successes, including your own, but move on from failure and accept it as something you weren’t meant to do and get excited that there are other things you were meant to do!

9 Lindsey @ Morningstar Project November 6, 2010

I heard the song version of this the other day on the radio and forgot how much wisdom is in it. I love the “sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind…the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself.” It’s a good reminder that there is no “race”, just a journey with yourself. Thanks for posting this :)

10 Krystina (Basil & Wine) November 6, 2010

I can’t get that out of my mind. It’s such good advice and makes me realize how safe I often play things. Being scared isn’t bad, it’s part of being alive.

11 Nikki T November 6, 2010

I also love this quote! Great post!

think of it, it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own..”

I have definately learned in the past year how powerful the human body is!

12 Dee November 6, 2010

Oh my gosh. I honestly can’t choose which part speaks the most. Can I pick all of it? :)

13 sui November 6, 2010

I love the Sunscreen song and video. It moves me to tears. However, Luhrmann didn’t write it.. He wrote the music. Mary Schmich is the one who gave this speech.

14 Amber K November 6, 2010

Wasn’t that made into a spoken-word song? I remember they kept playing it at high school graduations. I LOVE it. It brings a tear to my eye.

15 Lindsay November 6, 2010

YES! The sunscreen song :)

16 christina cadden November 6, 2010

Love the quote. I really like the part about parents and siblings.

17 Bronwyn Coyne November 6, 2010

Most of this quote speaks to me. I used to love this song too.

Especially the ending. It’s so key to have that friendship with your siblings and to have those friendships where you make the effort… making friends can get harder and harder as you get older, or at least making those close lifelong friendships can be. I just really like this quote.

18 monicanelsonfitness November 6, 2010

Good for you Ang on your video! Looking forward. I like all the quotes but I wish more woman could HEAR this one moe: “Enjoy your body, use it every way you can…don’t be afraid of it, or what other people
think of it, it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own”

I am a huge quote fanatic as well. :)

some of my favs.-
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. ” ~Aristotle

“Success without Fullfillment feels like Failure.”

“The best way out is always through.” ~ Robert Frost

19 Julie November 6, 2010

Love this quote – it speaks volumes.

20 Kristie November 6, 2010

I started to read this quote with the intention of just skimming through to get the jist of what it was about… and now I’m crying. It’s incredible. Thanks lady!

21 Alayna @ Thyme Bombe November 6, 2010

“The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind”
I used to be very socially anxious. I used to overthink situations, and worry about the future. I felt like every second I spent without direction was time I was wasting that I could have been doing something important; I could have been missing out on my life. I realize now that life is long, and that everything will even out regardless of how little I obsess over my choices. And the less I berate myself when I’m indecisive, the more I can find the joy in those times rather than waiting on some perfect future.

22 Ange @ Health & Swellbeing November 6, 2010

I LOVE that quote and read it often too! I was just thinking it would make a great print for the guest bathroom…something good to read than the typical mags :)

23 Diana @ frontyardfoodie November 6, 2010

Wow, that’s a great quote. There are so many good points I almost want to just post it on my wall too!

‘Enjoy your body, use it every way you can…don’t be afraid of it, or what other people
think of it, it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own..’

It’s so obvious but so hard to remember.

24 christyn @ All Ways Nutritious November 6, 2010

the quote about worrying and family speaks to me. i think i trained myself to think if i worried about things they would work out, but it wasn’t the worrying per se but the actions i took to succeed in whatever i was doing. i am aware of that now and the fact that worrying is useless, however, i still work on it. 92% of the things we worry about never happen and its so true that the real troubles blindside you. as i get older i appreciate the r/s with my family so much and am grateful everyday to be so connected with them. thank you for this beautiful quote. love it!! looking forward to your video.

25 Wei-Wei November 6, 2010

I’m copying down that quote.

26 Amanda Davis November 6, 2010

I really love that quote! As someone who worries a lot I think this part spoke the most to me

“Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.”

When thinking about the struggles I have had in life it really has been the things I never expected that caused me the most trouble and not the things I worried about…I must try and keep this in mind! Thanks for the inspiration!

27 Erica November 6, 2010

“what ever you do, don’t congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either ” < My favorite part. It's important to make good decisions but also to be comfortable with the decisions we make. (There is a difference!)

Thanks for that quote, I needed it ;)

Looking forward to your video!!!

28 some maintenance required November 6, 2010

Thank you for posting this quote; it’s long been a favorite of mine.

The night of my graduation from high school, I made my best friend listen to it with me. By the time it was finished, we both had tears in our eyes.

“Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind…the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself.”
This is what I tell myself on the days when I feel like I’m not “enough”, the days I just want to quit because I feel like I’ll never be “enough”. Smart enough, strong enough, fast enough, whatever. I think about this quote and remind myself that all I can be is MY best, and THAT will always be “enough”.

29 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 6, 2010

I love all of it, but that whole section about being 22 and not knowing what to do with your life TOTALLY speaks to me because I am 22 and I certainly do not have it all figured out!! Oh, and coincidentally, I started taking my calcium supplements this morning! ;)

30 ezzie November 6, 2010

uh, YES!
Thank you so much for sharing this quote. Just what I needed this Saturday morning :)

31 Jennifer@ knackfornutrition November 6, 2010

This quote is seriously powerful.

I was really struck by the line “don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life.” That is exactly where I am right now. Stuck in a crossroads. 22 with no plan to speak of after graduation in December. In my heart, I know everything will work out as it should, but it is the most scary vulnerable times in my life.

32 Freya November 6, 2010

I’m so glad you posted that quote/song! That is one of my all time favourite things to hear/read ever. My sister played it to me when I was feeling down once, and every time I’m sad, I listen to it. It’s the best! Every line means so much.

33 Shannon November 6, 2010

Love that quote! So many parts “speak” to me…

In particular, bridging the geography between myself and the people I care about. Though I only live about 200 miles from my family and oldest friends (though at times some of them have lived much further), it’s hard being apart. When I have a bad day, I want them here right.now. But that isn’t possible and at times I struggle with that. With that said, we e-mail, BBM and call often and try to maintain a similar relationship to when we were all together. Because of this, when we do see each other (not often) it’s as though we were never apart.

Also, the part about being nice to my parents makes me shudder. I do not want to imagine a day without them, they are the two most incredible people in my life.

Great post!

34 Jessica M November 6, 2010

I love the part about the beauty magazines. SO true.

And the part about enjoying your youth. I always think I look so pretty in photographs taken 5 + years ago or more! And at the time I was like eehhh don’t tkae my pic, please!

And I love the last part about maintaining friendships with people that knew you when you were young. I met my husband at 14 (he was 13) and I love that we can reminisce. I love that we both remember details of when we first met and when we dated in high school.

Enjoy your Saturday. :)

35 Camille November 6, 2010

What a fabulous quote!
I love Baz Luhrman’s movies but I didn’t know that he was such an insightful guy!

36 zoe (and the beatles) November 6, 2010

i have the exact same speech posted on my wall, too! i fell in love with it. only, i know baz luhrman didn’t write it. someone else above me said a woman named mary schmich wrote it only, i’m pretty sure kurt vonnegut wrote and read it as a commencement speech for MIT in 1997 or something like that. regardless of who wrote it (pulling for kurt vonnegut because he’s my favorite!) it’s absolutely beautiful. and one of my favorite pieces of writing.

congrats on being ahead of the curve with your video, by the way!

37 sui November 6, 2010

kurt vonnegut didn’t write it, that’s also another urban legend :)

“Mary Schmich’s “Advice, like youth, probably just wasted on the young”[1] was published in the Chicago Tribune as a column on June 1, 1997. In her introduction to the column, she described it as the commencement speech she would give if she were asked to give one.
The column soon became the subject of an urban legend, in which it was alleged to be an MIT commencement speech given by author Kurt Vonnegut in that same year (in truth, MIT’s commencement speaker that year was Kofi Annan). Despite a follow-up article by Schmich on August 3, 1997, in which she referred to the “lawless swamp of cyberspace” that had made her and Kurt Vonnegut “one”, by 1999 the falsely attributed story was widespread.”
“Wear Sunscreen” on Wikipedia

hope that helps ;)

38 zoe (and the beatles) November 6, 2010

ah thanks! solves that mystery :)

39 Dana November 6, 2010

I think the part that speaks to me is where Baz says “your choices are half chance – so are everybody elses” because he has that line wrong. Nothing in life is half chance – we were created for a purpose, if we only realize it.

Congrats on your success in the competition – you have done an amazing job!

40 Marathon Bound Gal aka Grace November 6, 2010

What a wonderful long quote. My two favorites in this are:

1. Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how. Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements. Stretch. Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life…the most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don’t.
2. Dance…even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room. Read the directions, even if you don’t follow them. Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly. Get to know your parents, you never know when they’ll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future. Understand that friends come and go,but for the precious few you should hold on.

This post made me smile too! Thanks again!

41 Christine November 6, 2010

Don’t read beauty magazines! It’s true, they are intended to make you feel bad about yourself so that you want to go out and spend a bunch of money on unnecessary products out of insecurity. Who wants that?

Can’t wait for your video! I’m sure it will be awesome.

42 Katy @ A Healthy Shot November 6, 2010

I absolutely love this song. The whole thing gives me chills every time. I’ve had it printed out and posted in my bedroom since high school. Every single thing is so, so true :)

43 Sarah November 6, 2010

Thank you soo much for sharing this. It brought tears to my eyes and filled me with hope. I’ll definitely be printing this out. I think some of the best bits are the ones you highlighted, my faves are:
1) “oh nevermind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded. But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can’t grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked…” I like the use of ‘oh never mind’ it’s like he’s actually talking to me! and it makes the words so much more comforting, and real.

2) “Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements. Stretch. Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life…” – Instead of saying love’s more important than money, this is so much more relatable.

3) “Be kind to your knees, you’ll miss them when they’re gone. Maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll have children,maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll divorce at 40, maybe you’ll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary” – my knees need love!! And the whole marry, kids, divorce – isn’t that everyone’s fear? It’s a real perspective checker.

4) “Dance…even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room … Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.” – I love dancing, but it’s not my greatest talent, but he’s right, I should be doing it anyway. As for my siblings, I have for the most part good relations with them, but I don’t always value how much I’m investing in them. This quote reminds me of my parents who both have good relationships with their siblings.

ok, I could keep going, but that’s the main bits. Thanks again!

44 Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 6, 2010

I trry to live by this as much as possible. What’s in the future can’t be controlled and we should plan for it. It’s going to go how it’s meant for us..and instead of worrying what’s to come, we should just live for the day. :)

Off topic, but I was wondering what kind of camera you use? I was trying to find it somewhere on your site but coulnt.

45 Halley (Blunder Construction) November 6, 2010

That is one of the most motivating quotes. I remember hearing it ten years ago, I think we called it the ‘Sunscreen song’ It’s great to harness inspiration anyway you can, even if it’s just from written words!

46 traci November 6, 2010

I love the them all but the one that spoke to me was the one about dance, and get to know your parents and siblings. The older i get the more i realize how precious my family is to me:) Thanks for sharing!

47 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 6, 2010

“Get to know your parents, you never know when they’ll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future. Understand that friends come and go,but for the precious few you should hold on.”

So, so true. I lost my dad to cancer 2.5 years ago and not a day goes by that I don’t think about him. I’ve gotten so much closer with my sisters and mom since… I am lucky to have such a great support system and those close, close friends that have been there forever.

48 Katherine November 6, 2010

Ever when I have a relapse and binge , reading your blog and quotes as these I
find back my positiveness. My aunt wrote some of my favourite quotes between the sheets of my time planer , so the following year will hopefully be full of positivness :D

My favourites:
” Be the change you wish to see in the world ” Gandhi
” You have to try the impossible, to reach the possible” Hermann Hesse
” Happy is not the person, who looks like that to others but who thinks he is himself.” Seneca
” Even with stones laying in your way, you can build something beautiful with them.” Johann Wolfgang v. Goethe ( well, their originally german, so they sound weird when translated.)

49 Tay November 6, 2010

I’ve always LOVED that song!!

50 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) November 6, 2010

think of it, it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own.. ”
That really speaks to me, making me think of all the times I have been afraid of it, and of what other people think.
Brilliant quote! Thanks for sharing! Had never heard that one before now!

51 Maddie (Healthy Maddie) November 6, 2010

I love that quote, especially “Do one thing everyday that scares you” and “Enjoy your body, use it every way you can.”

52 Heather November 6, 2010

My favourite line is “Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.”

I recently moved to another province and it is challenging to stay in touch with family and friends. It seems that people just keep getting busier!

53 Ilene November 6, 2010

I LOVE this quote! My teacher showed it to us two years ago, and it’s really stuck with me since then. I like how straightforward and honest everything is, and how the advice applies to every aspect of life :)

54 Taylore November 6, 2010

I’m starting a journal of my favorite quotes as of today and then you post this! perfect! :) i added a few of the lines from this one to my book, i especially love the part “Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how”. also is this from “wear sunscreen”?

55 Maria @ Oh Healthy Day November 6, 2010

I remember this quote/song from my high school. I believe I was a senior, about to graduate and this song was used at our graduation. Every word spoke to me. It just made so much sense.

My favorite line is about jealousy. Really, the race IS with yourself and its a race you can easily win, as long as you focus on YOU.

56 Kyla November 6, 2010

One of my favorite parts from this song is after this entire serious speech at the very end he says “But trust me on the sunscreen”. So relatable to life basically to not take it too seriously.

57 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 6, 2010

I love that whole quote, but the part about family especially. I never appreciated them enough during high school and I still have little spats with them when I’m home from university in the summers, but being away from them now reminds me just how much I love and cherish them. I’m so excited for Christmas holidays so I can spend time with them again! :D

58 Fi November 6, 2010

I think this might be my first comment on your blog, even though I’ve been reading for goodness-knows-how-long! I LOVE that Baz Luhrmann quote/song, but I hadn’t read or heard it in ages… thank you for posting, today was a good day to be reminded of those pearls of wisdom.
Personally my favourites are:
“The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.”
“your choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s.”
think of it, it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own..”
.. Actually, I need to stop or I’ll be quoting the whole thing! :P
Can’t wait for the video, good luck with this next round! xxx

59 Lauren November 6, 2010

Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life.

I’m only 21 and have changed my major and school already, and I know I will change with time. It’s important to think about what’s important to you now and what you can do now instead of worrying about the future and what you’re going to do.

This is my first comment and I just started my blog – your blog was one of the first I read a few months ago and is always inspirational!

60 KatieM~Run For The Bikini! November 6, 2010

Great quote, these are my favorite lines:

~ Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth
~ Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults
~ Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life
~ Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind…the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself.
and
~ Dance…even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room. (I do this often :D)

61 Coco November 6, 2010

I’m 22 and have NO IDEA what i’m doing with my life. thank goodness for this quote! haha

62 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 6, 2010

I’ve read this quote before, or bits and pieces of it…it usually makes me sob..or at least cry plenty :)

Getting to know your parents, your siblings being your link. Appreciating your youth and beauty..my mother always says youth is wasted on the young. A similar sentiment to Baz’s quote.

Not being jealous…I really have let go of this. After a decade of yoga and many twists and turns in life, I don’t consider myself a jealous or envious type person. I dont care what another has, does, can do, can’t do, how she looks, etc..I can only worry about myself and no sense comparing to others and/or getting jealous of them. That part speaks to me.

And also this what you wrote: “I have worked my butt off for two weeks on this video and I fully intend on posting it when it was originally due. “–
That is like working your butt off on a term paper, having it done on the due date and the teacher grants an extension due to circumstances…it’s a hair pull, I know. Post your video loud and proud!

63 Kate November 6, 2010

(Sunscreen is like an update version of Desiderata (as I’m sure Desiderata is an updated version of another inspiring speech))

Desiderata: 1920’s
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even to the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

64 Cara Craves... November 6, 2010

Looking forward to seeing your video!

65 Emily November 6, 2010

I am so excited for your video!! Cannot wait to see it :) Thanks for the awesome quote, as usual, keeping me inspired. I think my favorite part is “do one thing every day that scares you.” Right now I feel that fear can really control me and it is something I want to get past and really start living life to the complete and utter fullest that I can.

66 Claire (Low Impact Fashionista) November 6, 2010

That speech got me through middle school, it is amazing and has some of the best advice about learning to love yourself and thus love your life.

67 courtney k November 6, 2010

“Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life…the most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don’t.”

I LOVE this Angela! This totally speaks to me..as a graduate in one month, i’m scared, excited, anxious and nervous..and this just puts things into perspective ;) Thanks for sharing!

68 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 6, 2010

I’ve only ever heard one small part of that quote. I never knew it was so long…and fabulous! I really like the part of not worrying about the future. I think I spend too much time thinking about the future and wondering if it will be what I wish/hope. I have to remember that all I can do is make the most of each day and my future will turn out just as it should.

69 Camille @ La Bella Vita November 6, 2010

I love the quote. It inspires me to live each day to the fullest and stop worrying so much about the little things.

70 Felicia (a taste of health with balance) November 6, 2010

great post! can’t wait for the video!

71 Tyrah November 6, 2010

I love this, it’s one of my absolute favorites! (so is Desiderata) It gets played on the radio here each graduation season and I cry each time I hear it I love it so much!

72 Alana November 7, 2010

I am in love with that quote! I was feeling really down on myself today but now I realize that I have everything to look forward to…thanks for the boost!

73 Caroline November 7, 2010

Awww, I remember when this was played on the radio as a hit single! I loved it, even if I didn’t really take it to heart (hey, I was like 12 at the time!)

74 Lauren November 7, 2010

Thank you for sharing. Reading this is just what I needed right now. I’m going to print this out to read when I need a lift. I love these two parts:
think of it, it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own.

75 Tara November 7, 2010

I love that quote thank you :). I was definitely just crying at my dining room table reading it. I love the parts about being nice to your siblings and getting to know your parents. Family is so important and I am so close with my brothers there is nothing like knowing you have people you can count on no matter what. I just hope I can teach my daughter all the things in this quote. She will have an amazing life if I can. Thanks again for sharing! Jp

76 Jessica November 7, 2010

Thanks for reminding me of that quote. I haven’t heard the song in ages but I love it! I really love the part “if you succeed in doing this, tell me how”. Its so true that we can know what’s right or best but figuring out how to actually do it is not so easy. Keep up the beautiful posts!

77 Natalie @ cinnamonbums November 7, 2010

this is such a beautiful, inspirational quote! it seriously gave me the shivers.

so many parts of this speak to me, like doing one thing every day that scares me… i really see that as living life to the fullest. or not comparing myself to other people, or just enjoying my own body and realizing there is so much more to life than how i look. i also love that one short word “Stretch” because lately I’ve realized how much good stretching does for my body – mentally, physically, emotionally… it has helped my stress/anxiety sooo much! thanks for sharing this & good luck with project food blog!

78 Clare @ Fitting It All In November 7, 2010

the part about jealousy – sometimes you’re ahead and sometimes you’re behind, but it’s a long race and it’s with yourself.

I’ve been struggling with some jealousy lately and this was what i needed!