The Monster Is Back

Top of the Fall morning to ya!

20101017-IMG_7366 20101017-IMG_7318

Anyone want to come rake our leaves for us? I will bake you tons of treats to fuel your workout. ;)

In other news, the Green Monster is back after a long hiatus!

20101020-IMG_7701

Does anyone else go through food phases? I do all the time. Even with Green Monsters!

I don’t know if it was the arrival of Fall + cooler weather, but I hadn’t craved a Green Monster (or pretty much any vegetables!!!) for 2-3 weeks. Then I noticed that we were stock piling CSA spinach and veggies and I decided to get back on the wagon. :) I craved my first huge salad the other day and it was so delicious I was kicking myself for falling off the veggie wagon for so long!

I forgot how good one Green Monster a day makes me feel. I loaded this one with cinnamon, spinach, pumpkin, banana, raw maca powder, molasses, wheatgrass powder, and almond milk. I have started drinking GM’s after workouts because I find that in the morning I am always a bit chilly and don’t want one when I get up.

Speaking of wheatgrass, Eric now wants to make chocolate dipped wheatgrass. I don’t know how we got on the topic yesterday, but he said, ‘I would eat wheatgrass…if it was dipped in chocolate first!’ And then he let out an evil laugh.

I don’t even know who he is anymore.

On that note, it is time for some of this week’s health news links…enjoy!

Health News Round Up:

Do you go through food phases or tend to eat the same thing for a meal each day or are you good at mixing it up? Are you going through a food phase right now?

Page 3 of 3«123
Kaitlin October 23, 2010

I’ve been attached to VOO and OIAJ :) I’m at school right now so there is a limited amount of time and recipes I feel I can make, seeing how there is no kitchen in my room :( But I definitely look forward to having this every morning! However, the odd weekend when I go home I’ll try out a vegan pancake recipe..blueberry carob is my favorite! :)

Sarah October 21, 2010

I do go through food phases! Right now, I’m loving quinoa and also a combo of pumpkin puree, greek yogurt, and maple syrup.

Laurab @ foodsnobstl October 21, 2010

My food phases generally happen when I go crazy at Costco. I suddenly find myself eating salsa or humus with ever y meal in an effort to eat all 5 pounds I bought before they go bad:)

maya @ finding balance in tokyo October 21, 2010

I seem to be constantly going through food phases. I eat a certain things repeatedly for a while, and then transition into others for a while, etc. Sometimes I look back and realize that I haven’t eaten something I use to have several times a week in MONTHS.

Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice October 20, 2010

I usually just cook for myself, so I do tend to make a big batch of a dish and save them to eat for leftovers. This is especially true for when I pack my lunch. I dont have enough time to make something different for each meal.

Chocolate dipped wheatgrass sounds pretty great to me too. :)

Pam landy October 20, 2010

Where’s the rake? I would TOTALLY come rake for homemade goodies from your kitchen…too bad Canada is a bit far from San Diego :(

Lesley Lifting Life October 20, 2010

Beautiful fall pictures!

Yes, I most definitely go through food phases. But, hey, if it’s takes good and I’m not tired of it, why not eat it? And if I get tired of it, why not switch to something else? : )

mom/nurse/runner/cook/woman October 20, 2010

loving the GMs, I read about your blog in Canadian Living – since that I log on at least 1/day. I can’t believe the difference the GM makes for my energy – I add half a grapefruit, kale, soy or going to try hemp milk tomorrow, chia, and berries. Thanks for all of your inspirations!!!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 20, 2010

I definitely go through food phases! I will at time eat the same thing every day for a whole week!!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin October 20, 2010

I’m in a roasted veggie phase right now! I love simple dinners of roasted squash, potatoes, and brussel sprouts with baked tofu lately.

Haha I seriously think we need to find a way to put wheatgrass with chocolate so that Eric will eat it! In a chocolate smoothie? Or in cookies/balls perhaps? :D

Wei-Wei October 20, 2010

I definitely go through food phases, but they’re generally the same thing – right now I just loooove yogurt. :P

Moni'sMeals October 20, 2010

Yes food phase, still in one…Oatmeal every morning and Protein shakes (with cinnamon too) every night. hehe!

I WILL rake your leaves! I miss the leaves. I grew up in Colorado and Oregon and don’t see much of the “Fall” out here in “Treeless” Los Angeles. I mean we have Plam Trees, but you know what I mean. ;)
Thanks for the health round up too!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes October 20, 2010

I think that going through food phases is a good thing so you don’t get bored!