The Monster Is Back

Top of the Fall morning to ya!

20101017-IMG_7366 20101017-IMG_7318

Anyone want to come rake our leaves for us? I will bake you tons of treats to fuel your workout. ;)

In other news, the Green Monster is back after a long hiatus!

20101020-IMG_7701

Does anyone else go through food phases? I do all the time. Even with Green Monsters!

I don’t know if it was the arrival of Fall + cooler weather, but I hadn’t craved a Green Monster (or pretty much any vegetables!!!) for 2-3 weeks. Then I noticed that we were stock piling CSA spinach and veggies and I decided to get back on the wagon. :) I craved my first huge salad the other day and it was so delicious I was kicking myself for falling off the veggie wagon for so long!

I forgot how good one Green Monster a day makes me feel. I loaded this one with cinnamon, spinach, pumpkin, banana, raw maca powder, molasses, wheatgrass powder, and almond milk. I have started drinking GM’s after workouts because I find that in the morning I am always a bit chilly and don’t want one when I get up.

Speaking of wheatgrass, Eric now wants to make chocolate dipped wheatgrass. I don’t know how we got on the topic yesterday, but he said, ‘I would eat wheatgrass…if it was dipped in chocolate first!’ And then he let out an evil laugh.

I don’t even know who he is anymore.

On that note, it is time for some of this week’s health news links…enjoy!

Health News Round Up:

Do you go through food phases or tend to eat the same thing for a meal each day or are you good at mixing it up? Are you going through a food phase right now?

1 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is October 20, 2010

Chocolate dipped wheatgrass?! That sounds like something i could put down.

I rarely eat the same thing everyday. I get bored too easily! Sometimes I have the same snack, but even that is rare!

2 lindsay (goodiesgalore) October 20, 2010

Eric is a riot! He should know not to say things like that because clearly you’ll be up at the crack tomorrow morning making it happen.

3 Amanda (Eating Up) October 20, 2010

Chocolate dipped wheatgrass? What about chocolate dipped kale? Brandi had that on her blog today!

4 Laura October 20, 2010

This green monster sounds delicious! How much of each ingredient did you put in?

5 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 20, 2010

Even though it’s getting colder, I STILL drink a green monster every morning after I work out! I’m freezing – but I just can’t give them up yet. My GM this morning was pretty much the same as yours, except no wheatgrass or molasses, and with protein powder. Is there anything Eric WOULDN’T rather eat dipped in chocolate? ;)

6 Amanda October 20, 2010

I am terrible about food phases!! Right now it’s cottage cheese and granola for breakfast. It’s all I’ve eaten for 4 months!!! I might have to make a switch soon.

7 Laura October 20, 2010

Oh I definitely go through phases. I drank a coconut shake for breakfast every day for about two months, and now I can’t even look at one! I’ll have a big salad piled with everything in the world for dinner every day for a while, then all I want is cooked greens. Sometimes I try to shake it up on purpose though, and I’ll buy ingredients for specific different things so I have to eat them. Of course sometimes that backfires and I end up with a lot of things on hand and I don’t want them!

Right now, weirdly, I’m craving very tropical green smoothies with ice for breakfast every day. Green juice or greens and water blended with ice, frozen pineapple, frozen banana and/or frozen mango with a little avocado for creaminess. Oh, and a little vanilla. Yum!

8 Noelle October 20, 2010

I too got back on the bAndwagin with a Green Monster this morning! Feels good!

9 Tiffany @ Eat, Run, Write, Love October 20, 2010

I definitely go through phases with my eating patterns. A couple weeks ago all I did was bake and eat my baking, then I realized I hadn’t seen a veggie in a while and started juicing again. Nowadays I am going through a juicing phase to get all the enzymes in. I also love avocados these days!

10 Kelsi October 20, 2010

i’m a sucker for food phases. i’ll eat oatmeal every morning until i can’t stand it anymore and then switch to hard boiled eggs, then cereal, then yogurt. i go all over the place. your table is so cute with the pumpkins and leaves. really makes the green monster stand out in the picture.

11 Melissa October 20, 2010

I had my first green monster 3 weeks ago and it was love at first gulp. I’ve been having at least one every day since then. Eric’s chocolate desires make me laugh!

12 Felicia October 20, 2010

I’ve been loving on green monsters too lately! I feel so good after them

13 Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow October 20, 2010

I always go through phases nowadays. I used to never listen to those cues but now I do!!!

I just had a smoothie and I think it’s time to take a break! I’m craving warmth- toast + jam, roasted squash on oatmeal, salads topped with warm veggies. Fall is here!

14 Katy @ shot of life October 20, 2010

Your GM looks so refreshing!! I was going to have one this morning but didn’t have the time.
How much pumpkin do you add? I’ve tried it and mine tasted horrible :(

15 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 20, 2010

I think I used about 1/3 cup

16 Jenny October 20, 2010

Yes, I do all that all the time! Right now I’m on a shakeology and ezekial bread kick! Next week I’ll probably be done for a bit. : )

17 jenna October 20, 2010

I think it’s defenitely healthy to go through food phase. it’s your body telling you you have enough of one food and need more nutrients from another food. i strongly believe your body changes just like the seasons do.

18 Maria @ Oh Healthy Day October 20, 2010

I go food phases all the time! Whenever I find something like I like, I crave it more and then it eat more. In fact, I eat it so much that eventually, I get sick of it and can’t even look at it for weeks (nut butter was one of these and I cannot imagine eating it right now). That being said, it has never happened with Green Monsters. I’ve been consistently drinking them every morning now for about 8 months. I’ve never looked better :)

19 Maddie October 20, 2010

Eric is so funny! Although chocolate dipped wheatgrass might not be bad. Your green monster looks refreshing! I am going through a green monster, tofu, and zucchini phase right now :D I always go through food phases and eat my favorites too much and then get burned out on them for a few months. I need to keep mixing it up!

20 Alina @ Duty Free Foodie October 20, 2010

It’s so funny you should say that, because I also just had my first Green Monster after a hiatus today. There is something so satisfying about drinking a green thing at work while co-workers watch in a combination of horror and curiosity :) But a GM as a pumpkin delivery vehicle? Hmm. Was it good? Do you need the molasses and cinnamon to make it work?

21 Savannah P October 20, 2010

You and your husband have such a fun relationship. It makes me look forward to moving in with my boyfriend.
I am actually out of my usual salad routine right now which is the strangest thing because I usually love a big bowl of greens once or twice a day. I haven’t had one in weeks! Maybe I should throw something together for dinner..

22 Callie @ Callieflower Kitchen October 20, 2010

I go through food phases all the time, but right now I’m not really craving anything specific. I’m kind of stuck in a no-veggie rut like you, though – I feel like I’ve been lacking for weeks!

23 JL Goes Vegan October 20, 2010

I definitely go through food phases and think it’s mostly associated with what is local and in season (squash is coming out of my ears right now) and, of course, whatever every single person in the food blog world is raving about (more squash: pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin)

I also cook in bulk so find myself repeating meals throughout the week — but I don’t have to cook every day so the redundancy is a fair trade-off.

24 Carolyn @ lovinlosing October 20, 2010

I haven’t been getting a lot of veggies the last few weeks, either. I prefer my veggies hot (in coup, roasted broccoli, peas, etc.), but I do enjoy a good Green Monster, though. Might have to use up my spinach tomorrow.

25 Marie-Sophie October 20, 2010

I so go through food phases!!! It was especially extreme before and during my final clerkship exams – the thought of eating veggies made me gag!! Salad was out of question and I was seriously craving lots of carbs and sweet things. So I just went with it, tried to have healthier options (sweet potatoes with cinamon almond butter, oatmeal, lots of fruit juices) and sneaked some veggies in (mashed-up avocado and shredded carrots made their way in :-))

I think sometimes our body is looking for variety (and sometimes we get bored with our food) – but I also think it’s important to listen to your body!! Most of the time it has a reason! (nutritional deficiencies, variety, need for more carbs, fat or protein …)

26 Gloria October 20, 2010

I am the queen of food phases. Right now it’s Indian food and massaged kale salads. Totally random. Next week it could be sprouted mung beans and sweet potatoes!

27 Ali October 20, 2010

I am an oatmeal-aholic. I eat it every morning for breakfast, unless i plan on working out in the morning so have to eat something a little lighter (oatmeal + running = unhappy stomach). Even while studying abroad in China this summer i managed to get an oatmeal fix — they typically have fried noodles and steamed buns for breakfast, but i found an international grocery store and got me some oats for days i couldn’t handle greasy noodles for breakfast!

At least i go in phases of what kind of oatmeal. Currently, it’s been mostly pumpkin pie oatmeal (best ever). Before that – blueberry banana oatmeal, chocolate amazing grass oatmeal and apple oatmeal!

Oh, and i’d totally rake your leaves, but on one condition. As long as i can jump in the pile when i’m done!!

28 stephanie from toronto October 20, 2010

Thank you for the link to these great sites!

Did you know you were mentioned in Canadian Living this month??

29 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 20, 2010

Yes I just got my copy the other day! It was a fun article :)

30 Bridget October 20, 2010

I am the queen of food phases. I’ve had a nut butter and oatmeal phase (but really…who hasn’t?!?), but most recently I’ve been eating a lot of veggie stir-fries. I’ve also had a thing for sauteed red onions, which is weird since only a year ago I hated onions!

31 Amy K. @ Onehealthypeanut October 20, 2010

I had an epic food phase: for a year and a half I ate fiber one and plain yogurt for breakfast and loved every single moment. It got me out of bed in the morning (so strange I know!). I have moved on to oatmeal with pumpkin right now, I think it is a seasonal phase :)

32 christyn @ All Ways Nutritious October 20, 2010

i definitely go through phases — in the summer it was VOO, then shakes, then more oatmeal (sometimes cooked), now back into my hulk shakes, all green and cleansing….i try to switch it up a bit during the week. today i’m making a creamsicle shake…no word of a lie it tastes exactly like it!

33 Steph October 20, 2010

I definitely go through food phases. After a few weeks of pumpkin OO, I was craving Kashi Go Lean Berry Crisp hard. Now I’m back on the pumpkin oats and who knows when the next Kashi cycle begins

I try to listen to my body when I crave something. If I want a cookie and try to resist it, I will try to satisfy that need in some other way and then inevitably eating a whole slew of things before finally giving into the cookie craving. Of course the same goes with non-sweets – if I’m craving mac and cheese, you better believe I’m making it!

34 Heather @ Side of Sneakers October 20, 2010

I’ll come rake your leaves- I always loved doing that but now my husband insists on chopping them up with the lawn mower. It might take me a little while to get there tho…..
And I definitely go through food phases too- I’m in a non-oatmeal phase right now :(

35 Shanna, Like Banana October 20, 2010

Totally go through food phases! English muffins, oats, stir fry, etc

36 Dorry October 20, 2010

I definitely go through food phases! Of course, right now a lot of it has to do with pumpkin (I know, how unoriginal!) but also with snack food. I’ll have the same afternoon snack everyday for weeks. Also, with training/workouts, sometimes the food phases have to do with what works well for fuel. :)

I’ll come rake your leaves. I’ve ALWAYS wanted to come to Toronto. :)

37 LizLivingVegan October 20, 2010

I definitely go through food phases! Right now I’m in a soup phase. Earlier, I was in a squash phase!

38 Corey @ the runner's cookie October 20, 2010

I totally go through phases with both foods and exercise! I will go through phases of buying or making something for months, and then not buy/make it for months. It’s weird, I’m not sure why it happens.

39 Jo @JAGSfitnessblog.com October 20, 2010

I haven’t had a GM in a while and now I’m really craving one! I do go through phases, at the moment it’s squash/pumpkin and of course, there is my oatmeal phase which is constant :D

40 Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 20, 2010

I love wheatgrass! It makes me feel so alive! : ) I def. go through food phases. We will eat the same foods for weeks until we get sick of them and move on to something else.

41 Marisa @ Loser for Life October 20, 2010

I totally go through food phases! For many months I ate a yogurt bowl (greek yogurt w/berries and nuts or granola) for breakfast or a snack daily, but haven’t been in the mood to eat that in weeks!

42 claire October 20, 2010

I definitely get into food ruts or phases…I am in a serious oats phase right now and spinach always…but not green monsters cause of the colder temps!

43 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine October 20, 2010

I haven’t had a single smoothie since coming back to school…too much cleanup for a snack that makes me cold!!

It’s funny how our bodies like to jump around so much. I’ll be obsessed with the same thing for two weeks, and then it’s on to the next!!

44 Camille October 20, 2010

I definitely go through food phases. Right now I am on a major salad and veggie kick but sometimes I will be repulsed by the idea of anything green. Eating is all about balance :)

45 Amber K October 20, 2010

I totally go through phases. Adding cocoa powder to my green monsters is currently one. ;)

Currently I am in a “eat anything that says gluten-free on it” as I was just recently diagnosed with celiac, and I am completely out of comfort zone when it comes to food. Fruits, veggies, beans, I’ve got down. But I can’t eat most whole grains (even ones that are supposedly gluten-free as my stomach has reacted poorly to my upping my quinoa intake!)

46 Alayna @ Thyme Bombe October 20, 2010

I would go nuts eating the same thing every day! I’m definitely in an apple phase right now, especially cooked apples and apple butter, but I try to mix up how I enjoy those things each time. They’re so good, I wouldn’t want to get sick of them!

47 Nichole October 20, 2010

I totally get stuck in food ruts, I love to eat leftovers and I have eaten soups and chilis for over a week when I have a ton of it! :)

48 Krystina (Organically Me) October 20, 2010

Lately I’ve been eating an avocado and hummus wrap on a brown rice tortilla for lunch every day. I’m obsessed!

49 Kathryn October 20, 2010

You really need to get that man a chocolate fountain.

I’ve been thinking about how bad I’ve been w/ my green monsters, glad I’m not off the wagon alone. Right now I’m on a burrito kick. And I have a nasty feeling that a cornbread kick is comming into play here. Chili and cornbread…specifically sweet potato black bean chili and corn bread…..ok so obviously I’m developing an obsession.

I can’t wait to try some pumpkin in my GM! Have a beautiful day!

50 Kelsey @ Clean Teen Kelsey October 20, 2010

I had a pumpkin smoothie this morning, too! Should’ve added some spinach to it, darn. :P

51 Michelle @ IronDivas October 20, 2010

I definitely go through food phases. Once I get a taste for something I can eat it for a week straight or sometimes more. Then I get tired of that and then move on to the next craving.

52 Teresa @ Teresa Tastes & Travels October 20, 2010

First, you live in such a BEAUTIFUL place! Thanks for sharing the pics! We do tend to eat the same things a few days in a row, but it’s hard when you’re cooking for two people and you have an entire can of pumpkin open. You gotta eat through it!

53 The Peanut Butter Addict October 20, 2010

I go through food phases all the time – especially with smoothies for some reason. Some times I don’t feel like having them at all, and others I feel like making them everyday.

54 lauren October 20, 2010

I definitely get in ‘food routines’ a lot. Mostly consisting of oats, nut butters, certain fruits, and then there’s the “Chips, Cheese, & Salsa” that I LOVE

55 katie October 20, 2010

Not going to lie, I would totally rake your leaves if A) I lived closer, and B) I got to play in them and take pictures in them.

hahah, I love fall so much :)!

and i really need to try a green monster soon

56 Teresa October 20, 2010

Ah yes, I think I got totally veggied out with all the great stuff at the farmer’s market this summer. Now that it’s fall, all I want is warm food-chili, soup or stew. So I make sure I get my veggies in that way! Still in love with my fruit though.

57 Holly @ couchpotatoathlete October 20, 2010

I go through food phases all the time — for weeks I will have a smoothie for breakfast, and then for weeks after that I will have oatmeal for breakfast. Same with lunches and dinners — I get stuck in ruts. It just makes grocery shopping so easy to eat the same things week after week!

58 Katie October 20, 2010

I definitely go through food phases. :) Right now I’m addicted to cinnamon raisin english muffins with peanut butter, soup, and salads. I was on a Green Monster food phase, but slowly weened off of it (for now). Your Green Monster looks awesome though!

59 Lisa October 20, 2010

I definitely go through food phases. Right now I’m obsessed with brown rice.

60 Gail October 20, 2010

It’s so nice to see that I’m not the only one who goes through phases. I’ve had an oatmeal, tomato sandwich, salad phase. I think the salad one lasted over a year (my phases last at least a season if not longer). I think part of my phases is that I’m just too lazy to think up something different to eat for lunch. I think the fact that I was eating salads all last winter sort of screwed me up. I noticed come January that I just didn’t have the drive I had all summer and fall to go on my runs. I think by eating cooling foods in the winter sort of screwed me up. So, this year I’ve started making really yummy and hearty veggie soups. Hopefully that’ll keep me fueled up and raring to go.

61 Mary @ Bites and Bliss October 20, 2010

I tend to eat the same type of breakfasts every day- oatmeal’s honestly the only thing that keeps me going.

62 Lizzie October 20, 2010

How weird – I just had my first GM in about 2 months yesterday! I definitely go through food phases. Right now I am all about homemade sweet potato fries, Kashi Heart to Heart, and wholemeal pasta. I’m always about bread – especially if it has seeds and grains :)

63 Leah @ Why Deprive? October 20, 2010

Chocolate covered wheatgrass sounds like a good idea to me!

I go through food phases all the time. The last couple months all Ive wanted is Mexican EVERYTHING. Now all I want is soup.

64 Helen October 20, 2010

I try to mix up my dinners; however, all my other meals are basically the same daily in some form or another. My food phase right now is of course pumpkin and apples!

65 Caitlin (EatFeats) October 20, 2010

1. Cinnamon in a green monster sounds delightful! I’ve never tried it with cinnamon (usually I’m too busy pouring my pb jar into the smoothie, I guess).
2. I go through food phases with EVERY single food I eat! I was totally unaware until about halfway through college, when my boyfriend enlightened me and then listed every food phase I had been through in the two previous years.

66 Becky @ whitehairedveg October 20, 2010

Boy, do I go through food phases! For about 1.5 years, I ate the same breakfast – vegan 10-grain muffins (which I would bake on the weekend, throw in the freezer and thaw one at a time) with soy yogurt. My husband asked me how I could keep eating the same thing for breakfast every day – until I pointed out that he eats Stouffers mac n’ cheese practically daily. Touche.

It must be in my genetic code. For about 3 years, my mother ate the exact same lunch every day (tuna salad on Ritz crackers, homemade cranberry relish, and pumpkin mixed with instant butterscotch pudding). At the time, I didn’t see how she could do it – now I know…

67 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) October 20, 2010

Food Phase. Yes. I call it having found my Food Groove and have posted many times about it. I dont want to eat things that I dont want to eat, just b/c I maybe “should” according to those who thing that variety is the spice of life. Well it can be, and I always rotate my fruits and veggies, but honestly, the way my body, mind, and spirit feels best is by eating a high raw vegan diet, plant based, real, whole foods, not fussy, pretty straightforward, so yes, I eat the same things, or same types of things, all the time. It’s my groove and I am happy to have found it. And when I do get tired of things or the groove fails to work anymore or needs tweaking, I always mix it up then!

68 Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) October 20, 2010

I totally get in food phases. This summer (and now in fall), I hardly craved GM’s… maybe cause I was drinking one pretty much everyday during last winter and spring. I still have a bunch of summer fruit i froze ready to go… Just haven’t craved them. What I have been eating a lot of either post workout or for breakfast is a piece of WW toast topped with a sliced of cheese and one over easy egg & sometimes a soysage with that. I used to want savory oats all the time once the weather got chilly, but haven’t really been craving that either… VEIRD!

69 Heather (Heather's Dish) October 20, 2010

i totally eat the same thing over and over and over again…and then move on :) i kinda like it though…it’s nice after a while to try it again!

70 My Life & Running October 20, 2010

Just discovering your blog & loving it!

71 Jamie Langloisr October 20, 2010

I am always going through food phases.
Sometimes I cant get enough salad, then I switch to steamed veggies.
I am an on again, off again smoothie girl. When I am on again, I make them everyday.
Now = I am totally addicted to my hot chocoalte smoothies in the mornings. I am going to post the recipe on my blog in the next week. Sooooo good on cool fall am’s.

72 Franziska (justalittlechocolate) October 20, 2010

I had a green monster almost everyday for over 5 months then I had to take a break. After only a month or so I started to crave the energy it gave me. There is nothing like starting off the day with that many nutrients!

73 bitt October 20, 2010

I haven’t wanted my green smoothies either since it’s been cold. I switched to green juice/oatmeal and today green smoothie/oatmeal. I don’t like the chill I get from them sometimes.

Love the links!

74 Erika @ Food.Fitness.Fun October 20, 2010

I go through food phases all the time! Currently I am into warm and comforting foods like oatmeal and chili! They are truely wonderful on a cool fall day! :-)

75 Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! October 20, 2010

I go through really long phases with my eating where I become fixated on one food or meal. These phases usually last 3-4 months, and then I’ll switch things up. I’ve been in a 0% Greek yogurt + fruit + gluten-free cereal breakfast phase for almost a year now! I’d like to switch things up soon, but it just feels good to my body. For a savory meal, I love the combination of sauteed spinach + eggplant + sweet potato + cannelini beans + curry. Yummmy!

76 Charlie October 20, 2010

I have food phases all the time! Especially for breakfast :).
Mostly I remember I loved something, eat it, love it, and eat it until I’m sick of it. Then I remember something else I love ;).

77 Pure2raw Twins October 20, 2010

I feel I go through food phases too. One thing that I have noticed when I look back at old blog post is how not only how my food habits changed but that I do eat some things for awhile than I change. It is funny how the body works like that :)

78 Beth @ DiningAndDishing October 20, 2010

I go through phases with bananas all the time. Sometimes I love them so much I want one everyday. Then all of a sudden the thought of them makes me queasy! Usually if I take a week or two off, I’ll start to crave them again :).

79 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman October 20, 2010

Unfortunately, I eat the same thing every single morning. I’m limited with what I can make at work (and am too tired in the morning to get up early enough to make something at home) so it’s oatmeal every day. As much as I love oatmeal, too much can get boring. Big time.

80 Stefanie October 20, 2010

I go through food phases too. There are times where I can’t get enough broccoli. My hummus phase is slowing down but it is not over. There was a couple of months where I was going through a lot of canned pumpkin. That green monster sounds really satisfying. :)

81 Lisa October 20, 2010

I would come and rake your leaves for some of your delicious baked goods, however I’m in California.

I too go through food phases, especiall for breakfast and lunch. I love oatmeal, but somedays I need to have something different.

82 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather October 20, 2010

I’ve been battling a cold and I think a green monster would help shake that off… Only thing is I’m not really craving cold things.

83 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes October 20, 2010

I think that going through food phases is a good thing so you don’t get bored!

84 Moni'sMeals October 20, 2010

Yes food phase, still in one…Oatmeal every morning and Protein shakes (with cinnamon too) every night. hehe!

I WILL rake your leaves! I miss the leaves. I grew up in Colorado and Oregon and don’t see much of the “Fall” out here in “Treeless” Los Angeles. I mean we have Plam Trees, but you know what I mean. ;)
Thanks for the health round up too!

85 Wei-Wei October 20, 2010

I definitely go through food phases, but they’re generally the same thing – right now I just loooove yogurt. :P

86 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin October 20, 2010

I’m in a roasted veggie phase right now! I love simple dinners of roasted squash, potatoes, and brussel sprouts with baked tofu lately.

Haha I seriously think we need to find a way to put wheatgrass with chocolate so that Eric will eat it! In a chocolate smoothie? Or in cookies/balls perhaps? :D

87 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 20, 2010

I definitely go through food phases! I will at time eat the same thing every day for a whole week!!

88 mom/nurse/runner/cook/woman October 20, 2010

loving the GMs, I read about your blog in Canadian Living – since that I log on at least 1/day. I can’t believe the difference the GM makes for my energy – I add half a grapefruit, kale, soy or going to try hemp milk tomorrow, chia, and berries. Thanks for all of your inspirations!!!!

89 Lesley Lifting Life October 20, 2010

Beautiful fall pictures!

Yes, I most definitely go through food phases. But, hey, if it’s takes good and I’m not tired of it, why not eat it? And if I get tired of it, why not switch to something else? : )

90 Pam landy October 20, 2010

Where’s the rake? I would TOTALLY come rake for homemade goodies from your kitchen…too bad Canada is a bit far from San Diego :(

91 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice October 20, 2010

I usually just cook for myself, so I do tend to make a big batch of a dish and save them to eat for leftovers. This is especially true for when I pack my lunch. I dont have enough time to make something different for each meal.

Chocolate dipped wheatgrass sounds pretty great to me too. :)

92 maya @ finding balance in tokyo October 21, 2010

I seem to be constantly going through food phases. I eat a certain things repeatedly for a while, and then transition into others for a while, etc. Sometimes I look back and realize that I haven’t eaten something I use to have several times a week in MONTHS.

93 Laurab @ foodsnobstl October 21, 2010

My food phases generally happen when I go crazy at Costco. I suddenly find myself eating salsa or humus with ever y meal in an effort to eat all 5 pounds I bought before they go bad:)

94 Sarah October 21, 2010

I do go through food phases! Right now, I’m loving quinoa and also a combo of pumpkin puree, greek yogurt, and maple syrup.

95 Kaitlin October 23, 2010

I’ve been attached to VOO and OIAJ :) I’m at school right now so there is a limited amount of time and recipes I feel I can make, seeing how there is no kitchen in my room :( But I definitely look forward to having this every morning! However, the odd weekend when I go home I’ll try out a vegan pancake recipe..blueberry carob is my favorite! :)